[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attaching a patch to a shirt temporarily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: outerheaven.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
outerheaven.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
Hi /cgl/, I have a patch that I want to attach to a shirt while I cosplay at a convention in a couple of months. I want to remove it after the con though, as the shirt I'm planning to use is a vintage military issue that I might end up reselling. I don't want to iron or sow it on as that would make removing it complicated and potentially damaging. Can I just use duct tape or something? Will that work or is there a better way to attach it temporarily? Pic related.
>>
Tape is janky and won't stay. It doesn't have the tension to keep it attached properly and will come unglued quickly.

Your best bet is sewing and then using a seam ripper on the threads afterwards. Most articles of clothing will clean up quite well assuming you don't use a really big thread
>>
>>8893114
get a uniform with Velcro sections and just get one of these

https://kommandostore.com/1980s-outer-heaven-hook-and-loop-backed-patch/
>>
Attach two flat pins
>>
I would just stitch it on and rip the thread off later. It'll stick better.
>>
File: Patch.jpg (53 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Patch.jpg
53 KB, 1000x563
Sew it on with a quick whip stitch in a matching color.

It will come right back off with no damage if you just cut the thread off. The whip stitch is just secure enough to keep it in place but easy to take right back off.
>>
This stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/Aleenes-Tack-It-Over-4oz/dp/B00178QQ84
I used something like it (I think it was this brand) for an applique on a costume recently and it worked great! Stayed on all day and then peeled off afterwards when it was time to wash the shirt. Just make sure to give it adequate drying time.
>>
Velcro. Cheap, easily removable, unnoticing, and will hold.
>>
>>8893114
All value is trashed once you attach the patch, removed or not, though, I shit you not, stitching it on will do less damage once removed that most temporary attachments.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.