[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried telling her a panel about consent and cosplay wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
I tried telling her a panel about consent and cosplay wasn't gonna be an amazing turnout...
>>
I guess this kind of thing is important but the people who actually need to hear anything remotely related to this subject, are the people who will never even go to this kind of panel.
>>
Educate me. How is CONsent any different than regular day to day consent?

Whether you're wearing a business suit or the equivalent of a bikini, people shouldn't be touching you without permissions right?

Or is this more for the people who want to interact with scantily clad cosplayers and their assumptions because the cosplayer is scantily clad?
>>
This is beautiful
>>
>>8886266
conventions are full of autistic people who don't think cons are real life
>>
>>8886272
So the second thing then?
>>
This is sad a fuck. Even the lamest panel has one or two people show up.
>>
>>8886264
Yes, assuming this is real, who in the world did they think was the target audience for this? People who harass cosplayers certainly aren't going to come. They were expecting... what? A bunch of cosplayers to show up so they could tell them they have a right not to be harassed?
>>
>>8886264
Basically this, there's nothing inherently wrong with the subject but even if people did turn up, you'd be preaching to the converted because problem-causers wouldn't show.
>>
>>8886261
I'm not sure if this is sadder than the panels where people get up and leave en mass as soon as the first half (say, a screening or giveaway) is over, leaving the guests alone for the second half (usually a Q&A).
>>
>>8886281
It's real. Friend is the (overly optimistic) prez of a Feminist club
From the writeup it sounded like it was possibly aimed at girls to teach them how to say "don't touch the tiddy"
But I wasn't paying $50-70 for this shitty convention just to find out, ahaha
>>
File: Cat-Laugh (1).jpg (18 KB, 340x234) Image search: [Google]
Cat-Laugh (1).jpg
18 KB, 340x234
>>8886261
>>
(Oh, OP here, I figure I should add I was the one who added the shitty Impact font cuz I was gossiping with a friend in GroupMe. She has better taste than that)
>>
not even some feminist tumblrinas showed up? thats sad... but even more hilarious.
>>
>>8886261
Basically the people who understand that cosplay is not consenting to harassment don't need to attend this panel because they already understand the concept. Others probably don't want to risk getting triggered by whatever asses who would come to troll.
The people who obviously feel scanty cosplays get what they deserve won't be attending that sort of panel anyway. Why would they want to attend a panel being told how ignorant they are?

This panel would totally kill my good time vibe at a con. Yeah, terrible idea.
>>
>>8886261
I'm more surprised that someone approved of the panel in the first place and let it take place at the con. I can't imagine the quality of other panels being that great if the same people rubber stamped this one OK.
>>
gamer gate wins again
>>
>>8886261
Yep, lets have a day where we tell thieves not to steal to EDU-MA-CATE DEM!

People already know, they just don't give two fucks about it being wrong.
>>
This is hilarious. I wonder why no one wanted to be lectured and preached to for an hour about being a decent human being at a con. Just proves SJWs are very loud and hear their own echoes.
>>
Lol this is at Anime Matsuri
>>
Could have done something about safety.
>one or two women
>absolute privacy
>people expect screaming and weirdness
>I am guessing that raping a feminist is a gold star for these guys

inb4 asking for it
inb4 rape is about sex
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.