[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Local Jo-Ann's is closing so I got massive amounts of some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Fairytypefabric.png (202 KB, 330x379) Image search: [Google]
Fairytypefabric.png
202 KB, 330x379
Local Jo-Ann's is closing so I got massive amounts of some kid's/character prints on the cheap. What are some interesting projects I can make with obnoxiously patterned fabric?

Pic related, I'm now the proud owner of way too much of this.
>>
Hmm maybe make some frilly "lolita" dresses with them and sell them to fandom itas on storenvy or etsy? people will actually buy that shit.
also i dont think this needed its own thread, should we make this a Jo-ann's general?
>>
>>8883244
Please don't do this.

Why don't you just make fandom merchf? You could make little pillows or something, or design regular normalfag dresses. I can see something like a sleeveless dress with a circle skirt made out of this fabric being popular. Pencil cases, totebags.

For the love of god just don't make any lolita shit with it. Some people may buy ita shit, but I don't think it will be worth it in the end for you. You'd have a funner time just making objects out of it and again, selling it like fandom merch. Aprons, kids clothing, pillowcases, pajamas if you have the right fabric for that, etc. That kind of shit will sell faster than fake lolita clothing.
>>
Jo-anns thread then?

I got myself some primo fabric from Jo-anns the other day, soft white minky and some baby-blanket tier purple and white polkadots.

I also got Simplicity 8034, gonna make some cute unicorn plushes, was thinking of making some animal crossing characters.
>>
>>8883255
I made a circle skirt out of their other pokeball fabric that turned out pretty cute (from afar it looks like different colored polkadots). I also recommend things such as pillows, small purse, makeup bag.

I find that using nintendo and other licensed fabrics to make practical items sells pretty well and looks cute without being too over the top.
>>
>>8883255
This, I would recommend making a ton of small, practical items instead of one big lolita dress. The profit margin will be way better (you can make half a dozen little things from 1 yard of fabric and sell them for, say, $10-$15 each vs. 1 dress that takes 4 yards).
>>
>>8883244
While I agree that people will buy lace hotglued onto a turd, I think it's best to use this for something else. If OP really wants to use it for lolita then use it as lining fabric or something.
Personally I'd use it to make the backs of cushions and pencilcases or makeup cases. You could make fabric buckets/storage bins with them but I don't know if they'd sell as well.
>>
You could make dresses likes these ones, they are quite popular and look good.

Or as some other anons have said, totebags, coin purses, etc.
>>
>>8886688

Don't make that unless you have stretch fabric.

Bodycon dresses made with stretch fabric are popular because they easily fit a wide range of bodies without needing to be tailor made, so they're cheap to manufacture and easy to buy. The stretch fabric makes them comfortable and easy to wear, which is why they're popular.

Non stretch versions aren't going to sell well.
>>
>>8886688
OT but dear lord, those shooped legs. They could at least have put her knees back where they should be.
>>
>>8886744
>Non stretch versions aren't going to sell well.
They can they're just harder to sell because non-stretch fabrics need to be nicely fitted.
>>
>>8883236
Pajamas maybe since no one will see those
>>
That fabric is quilting fabric, I have seen it in stores. I think the stuff like pencil cases and pillows are better suited for it.
>>
>>8883236
Pillows, tote bag, scrapbooking, etc. Since they are in the circles like that, maybe you could fashion them into some sort of button or pin? People also seem to like headbows or bow ties out of character fabric.
>>
>>8887329

oooh, you could cut out the circles and sew them to felt and you get a handmade patch
>>
>>8883236
Because it's a quilting fabric I would also recommend googling fat quarter projects. Most of them use quilting fabric and some would look pretty cute with licensed fabrics.
>>
Guys, there is no way this fabric is going to look on clothing.

Consider things like throw pillows, pencil cases, and 3DS pouches instead.
>>
so is this jo-anns general now?

I just got hired, can anyone tell me what kind of bullshit to expect?
>>
>>8883236
>Local Jo-Ann's is closing
Omg, NIGHTMARE.

Some day I want to get a bunch of Doctor Who/Pokemon/etc. fabrics and make a shit ton of artist's alley stuff. Mostly pillows. You could clean up doing shit like that.
>>
>>8888310
Completely depends on your store and management
>>
Don't make lolita dresses, but bloomers could be fun. Personally I have a lot of goofy fabric bloomers (and they double as summer PJ bottoms) made out of stuff that's way too tacky to be used for a dress.
>>
>>8883236
I've never seen this pattern. Looks cute af.

I agree with the people saying to make pillows and shit. Artist alley shoppers crap themselves over that stuff.
>>
>>8888762
I can't find that pattern anywhere on the website, so I guess it's retired.

What would be some good small crafts to make? Pillowcases and pencil pouches seem obvious. What else?
>>
>>8889169
Coin purses, hair scrunchies, bows/headbands.
>>
>>8888310
>>8888423
Seconding this. Some stores are better than others. There's two in my city and I'm always hearing horror stories about the other, but the one I work at seems fine.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.