[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 94
File: help_thread.jpg (120 KB, 410x409) Image search: [Google]
help_thread.jpg
120 KB, 410x409
New thread, old one is autosaging.
Please refer to the previous thread while it is still up: >>8859416
>>
So, I'm cosplaying Mako from Kill la Kill and I'm struggling on how to make the coat look like hers. I want it to "float" like hers, any idea what could I use?

I thought about putting some wire at the edges but the coat is quite heavy and long but I'm not sure if the wiring would be enough to support it.

Should I make some kind of wire structure instead of just passing wire at the edges? I'm scared the structure would be visible, like a crinoline can be seen under a skirt.

Left - what I was going to do but I'm now afraid it won't work.
Right - An idea on how it could work.

Could anyone that ever worked with wire shine some light on it?
>>
>>8879756
You might be able to make a grid of wire on the inside, rather than just the edges.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 204x203) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 204x203
Posting in this new one because more people would see it and I need lots of help.
Need to make armor (shoulder pads, chest piece and belt) for mettaton and I have no idea what I'm doing. I've found so many different tutorials and stuff online that I'm overwhelmed. Can anyone help, anyone with experience with armor?
>>
is spandex depot legit? they looks totally fine until i checked out, and apparently they have to call you for your card info?? it seemed kinda fishy to me so i figured i could ask here.
>>
File: Osomatsu.png (226 KB, 717x370) Image search: [Google]
Osomatsu.png
226 KB, 717x370
Would you consider the osomatsu brothers to have dark brown hair or natural black hair?
>>
>>8879956
definitely natural black hair
>>
>>8879950
Go to spandex house instead
>>
>>8879756
You can so some shaping with sintra on the inside but in general if you don't need to make something stick out that much don't or it will be a huge pain at conventions when going through doors or crowds.
>>
I have a complicated question, please bear with my lack of knowledge.

I have been wanting to see some specific cosplays, but the characters seem pretty unpopular so I thought about sponsoring (if that's the correct term) someone to do it.

I would pay for all the materials including make up, transport, whatever I just want to see the characters done.

The problem is... I've been asking around the local cosplay community to find someone who fits the characters I had in mind, but every recommendation is pretty bad, they are either in bad shape or have bad hygiene.

Should I keep looking for an actual cosplayer or just hire a model?

And, is it taking it too far to invest into laser resurfacing for the cosplayer/model?
>>
File: 1442045207852.gif (964 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
1442045207852.gif
964 KB, 500x260
>>8880064
>>
File: hlm2_mask_screen_tonysrevenge.png (1 MB, 1283x1260) Image search: [Google]
hlm2_mask_screen_tonysrevenge.png
1 MB, 1283x1260
so i want to cosplay jacket from hotline miami and i don't know if i want to use the tony's revenge mask (which i like more) or his original one ( which i like less but more people will recognize)
if i end up using tony's mask should i make it covering only the face like jacket's is in payday or the full head like the original hotline miami's?
sorry for so many questions
>>
File: FEF_Anna_My_Room_Model.png (168 KB, 413x568) Image search: [Google]
FEF_Anna_My_Room_Model.png
168 KB, 413x568
Any suggestions on achieving this boob window high neck tunic? I am feeling partially stumped.
>>
>>8880067
Is it a bad idea? Should I just make do with the cosplayers I find and take them to a beauty spa for some months to better their hygiene?
I think they would take it as an insult maybe, I don't mind doing that but I don't think many people would agree to it
>>
>>8880086
what cosplay is it?
>>
File: Pleiades.jpg (1 MB, 2769x1513) Image search: [Google]
Pleiades.jpg
1 MB, 2769x1513
>>8880091
Any of them. If it turns out well, doing the rest would be perfect.
>>
>>8880086
How rich are you?
>>
>>8880099
Not exactly rich. I'm a doctor so income is pretty variable.
>>
File: Headmount_assembly_main.jpg (122 KB, 1000x916) Image search: [Google]
Headmount_assembly_main.jpg
122 KB, 1000x916
Does anyone know if real NVG headmounts are compatible with the dummy airsoft NVGs? I've been asking this question all around and no one gives me a clear answer.

I need it for a cosplay but all the mounts seem to only be for helmets and I don't want to buy a new helmet.
>>
>>8879832
>step 1
The best thing you can do to make armour is make a dressform of yourself first. If you have a mannequin that's adjustable, great. Otherwise make yourself a duct tape one. Google that if you have no idea what I'm talking about.
>step 2
From there, you can build things on the dressform. You can use several methods, but I prefer to use the plastic wrap method. Wrap the body part the armour goes over in kitchen plastic wrap, then draw the parts on there. Cut these out.
>step 3
Transfer to your foam. For curved parts like the shoulder, add a bit of extra allowance to make up for the thickness of the foam. Mettaton's parts are all fairly straightforward, none of the shapes are complex. For raised details like the dial, add a cut-out from thinner foam on top.

That should hopefully start you off. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>8880171
Wanted to add, for the shoulder plate thing you can also tape pieces of paper onto the shoulder (since it'll be hard to make that shape in 3D out of plastic wrap), and draw the shape on the paper instead.
>>
>>8880064
I really want to cosplay Enomata one day and I kind of have a similar problem that I don't know anyone who would want to cosplay Pleiades with me.
>>
File: s12-02.jpg (57 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
s12-02.jpg
57 KB, 533x800
I'm having trouble finding an at least medium quality wig similar to this blue/silvery white one by Classe. http://classewig.com/wig/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=485&products_id=8173 The hint of blue tones are what I'm especially looking for. Everything I'm finding is just silver or just too dark of a blue.

5000 yen + international shipping + proxy is way more than I'd like to pay if I can help it. Anything similar come to mind? It's for Griffith so it needs decent volume and ease at holding curls. Ty
>>
>>8880158
Depends on if the airsoft nods were made to spec. Since a lot of airsoft stuff seems to try to be as real as possible it probably will work.
>>
>>8880229
Might be cheapest to get a white wig and tint it with immersion in RIT, it's such a subtle change that direct dye ought to be perfect.
Have you ever owned a Classe wig, though? If it's for a character you really love the $$$ is worth it, they're amazing.
>>
>>8880229
Thankfully Katie Bair got her site back up. She sells wig dye in spray bottles, and there is a light blue color!
http://pettingzoowigs.com/wig-dye/4oz-dye-kit/
She used to have an example page where she dyed a silver wig a very light powder blue like that. I guess she took it down once she decided to sell a tutorial book though.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 512x288
I wanted to make a BB-8 costume with a futuristic-looking Jetsons-style. I considered making the sleeves of the bodice sort of like the Sailor Moon sleeves, except maybe a bit thicker (like the image). Does anybody have a good pattern for making something like this, or can please help me brainstorm a way of making them?
>>
>>8880302
Hearing about Katie Bair is a throwback.
>>
Anons I'm taking a course on latex masks, I need to choose something to be my first project, is there anything you would like to see made?

I was thinking diablo or nick valentine but I think diablo can be made better with other techniques.
>>
File: anna.png (165 KB, 413x568) Image search: [Google]
anna.png
165 KB, 413x568
>>8880082
What part is giving you trouble? This is the seam layout you need. The bottom half is a typical princess seam close fitting dress, while the top of the boob window is a separate piece of fabric that overlaps slightly near the armholes. The back can be cut as a normal high neck bodycon dress.
>>
>>8880238
I was wondering if this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dummy-AN-PVS-18-NVG-Night-Vision-Goggles-No-Function-Kit-For-Display-M388-/141880891016?hash=item2108c29688:g:EWMAAMXQxzZRdgAA

Would be compatible with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVG-Skull-Crusher-Head-Mount-PVS-7-PVS-14-6015-PVS-18-Night-Vision-Devices-/262289253912?hash=item3d11a86618:g:AB0AAOSwCypWpAsq
>>
More of a dumb question, but where is the best place to sell Liz Lisa stuff, and what's a good price for average (i.e. not super popular) dresses? Would it be possible/profitable to sell it as a lot? I want to unload like 20 items.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 188x240) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 188x240
Wanted to cosplay her, and If any of you anons could find a wig or tutorial for that long ass hair, it would be amazing.
Cause damn I'm okay with the sewing but the hair is going to be a bitch.
>>
Asking here again, since I didn't get any answers last time.

I'm trying to make light-up eyes and I'm desperate and all out of ideas.
I also want to be able to see while the lights are on, which I found a tutorial for, I'll link it below. I did the exact same as the video but you end up seeing just a mirror.

Link: https://youtu.be/SHcH60giVys [Open]
>>
File: 0064.jpg (419 KB, 1747x1812) Image search: [Google]
0064.jpg
419 KB, 1747x1812
Probably a very dumb question but I suppose this contact is beyond saving? Found it like this after leaving it in its case for a month. Never experienced a contact gathering dirt like this. Just want to make sure this isn't something that can be solved by simply cleaning it up before I throw it away.
>>
>>8880668
That is mold. Throw that shit out. Why did you leave contacts in the case for a month without changing the solution!?
>>
>>8880526
Look up tutorials for Chii's hair from Chobits and another for "hair drills"
>>
>>8880676
I misplaced my case last time I changed the solution and couldn't find it until now. I usually change the solution once a week. Was hoping it wouldn't have done too much damage, but I guess I was wrong.

Well, at least I now know what that dirt is and how it can happen. I'll get rid of it, thanks.
>>
>>8880302
Is it 2007? Last I checked the cosplay community has discovered they can make their own dye with fw ink, sharpies and RIT dye.
>>
>>8880702
I don't change out my solution for months and it has never looked like that (and the contacts are still fine a year later). The top thing besides sterile solution is that the case itself must be good and sealing. The free ones from Asian sellers never close up properly and dry out. I throw those out and use the free bonus ones that comes with American lens solution purchases, those have never failed me in 6 years.
>>
File: 1456210655571.jpg (821 KB, 2304x1296) Image search: [Google]
1456210655571.jpg
821 KB, 2304x1296
I'm trying to make a luchador mask version of Taskmaster (Marvel's) mask.

I sewed the long stretches of vinyl onto the fabric with a sewing machine, however some parts of the design have some very tight corners.

How would I go about doing these parts?
>>
>>8880302
>>8880748
>Katie Bair
Sure brings back memories. She was the go-to source for some people back in ~2007 and earlier.

I don't even bother with dyeing wigs myself anymore unless it's a very specific part of the wig. Chinese options have basically opened it up to every color of the rainbow and every style under the sun, and they're still cheaper than buying just the base wig itself from a US source, including shipping from China.
>>
File: latest[1].png (3 MB, 1367x2345) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
3 MB, 1367x2345
kinda wondering how i should go about in making his head. its basically just a rounded head piece but im not sure what material i should make it out of.
i was originally thinking of just using a sphere pattern and cut it out with EVA foam.
or perhaps go the mascot foam head route. of course not making the head "bobblehead" big.

any suggestions?
>>
How should I modify the following tutorial to facilitate rather large spikes on the tail?

http://rarsuit.livejournal.com/44876.html

I thought about using hot glue to place foam pieces on the tail before wrapping it in the spandex material, but that won't work as it makes the wrapping process impossible.
So the only other option is to put the spikes on after the tail is wrapped with spandex, which brings up another problem:
Should I make the spikes and attach with Velcro, or directly to the spandex with hot glue/e6000?
>>
File: lifebeauty.png (49 KB, 251x277) Image search: [Google]
lifebeauty.png
49 KB, 251x277
Having trouble finding this color of a wig, I ordered one off aliexpress that was supposed to be for the character but they just sent me a teal wig.
Could anyone link me to one close to it?
>>
>>8881416
Classe Wig or Lucaille on Taobao? Those two are my go-to for wigs of any color and style imaginable.
>>
File: TravisTouchdown2.jpg (128 KB, 850x1250) Image search: [Google]
TravisTouchdown2.jpg
128 KB, 850x1250
So I've been racking my brain and going on the weird places on Amazon and found nothing. My question is, what's the thing called on Travis's leg, and where can I find one?
>>
>>8881600
I think its just a belt hooked to another belt
>>
http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/midi-bustier-dress-112015
Would this be a good pattern for Asuka's sundress or is the front gather too inaccurate
>>
>>8880818
Sew a straight line. When you get to a corner, stop sewing, , keep the needle in the fabric, lift up the presser foot, turn your fabric the direction you want to sew, lower your presser foot, then continue sewing.
>>
>>8881618
Doesn't seem like that to me unfortunately, it's harnessed to each other with different attachments...
>>
I'm considering making a cosplay of The Queen from the Decemberists album The Hazards of Love. I know no one is going to get it but I just kind of want to try my hand at costume design instead of copying someone else's. I'm planning on making several parts (which would be very stiff, almost armor-like) to appear to be bark. But everything I find online on how to make fake bark looks like it's from some "crafty mom" Pinterest blog and it looks cheap.
Has anyone made fake bark for a costume? How did it turn out?
>>
>>8881641
It's just a belt with another belt clipped to it and wrapped around his leg.
>>
Does anyone know where I could commission a cat suit? I've done some searching on facebook but most of the people there do things like ballgowns
>>
File: wallpaper_3322.jpg (74 KB, 1186x700) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_3322.jpg
74 KB, 1186x700
>>8882093
location would help

that said, one of my friends is looking for a commission of pic related, in Europe (Sweden in particular but elsewhere in the area is ok too).
>>
>>8880064
How bad of hygiene are we talkin here?
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
Making a Plague Doctor cosplay (pic related), for Momocon. I have most of the materials down, but I can't find the old time rough bandages on their arms anywhere. Where do I get these, or make them if need be?
>>
>>8882132
If you have rolls of bandages, you can just dunk them in a pot of hot tea for a while to tint it more parchment-like. Then rinse with cool water until it runs clear. Bandages take pretty well to the tea, plus you don't need to spring for dyes.
>>
>>8882135
Would I use elastic bandages? I haven't been too successful with finding rolls of fabric ones.
>>
>>8882098
Sorry I'm in the US (Florida)
>>
>>8882132
Just get some muslin from your local fabric store. You can find it in off white and you can dye it if its not the color you want. Most people recommend attaching it gloves or an arm warmer type thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 600x900
Can anyone ID this cosplayer?

I did a reverse image search and all that came up was Pinterest blogs and links to inactive Deviant Art accounts.
>>
>>8882288
stop being such a fucking creep
>>
File: umaru.jpg (622 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
umaru.jpg
622 KB, 800x1200
>>8882299
Pic related. I would have to go with a more orangey shade instead of the pinkish.
>>
>>8881441
Thanks a lot anon, these sites are great !!!
>>
>>8880064
Just... Don't do it. Creepy behavior.
>>
I'm trying out the sharpie dye method on a wig, and the test dye went great. but now as I'm doing the whole wig, the ink is seperating on the wig and leaving patches of bright color and patches of washed out color. I'm not sure if re applying the dye would fix it or if I should give the wig a rinse with alcohol to strip the dye and try again.
>>
>>8882528
Is this a long wig or one that touches you neck? If so back out now sharpie dye will bleed on your neck when you sweat or rub off on your costume no matter how much you rinse. The color spotting is unavoidable too
>>
There isn't an active "dumb questions" thread, so I hope it's okay to ask this here. What is the sizing on brand tights like? I really want to order a pair, but I'm worried my legs will be too fat for them and will damage them. I fit comfortably into all the bodyline tights I own, as well as brand otks. I typically wear a US size 4 in pants, and a size s or s/m in tights from normie stores. Should I have a problem fitting brand tights?
>>
>>8882554
It depends on what the pattern is like. If one is taller than about 5'4", one might have fit issues lengthwise no matter how skinny they are.

If the colorway and pattern on the tights was printed on a white base there'll be some desaturation where the tights stretch. I have a pair of AP tights like this and it pisses me off because for the price point, they should have printed the design on the colorway of the set.

If the design is printed on a colored tights material, then you may still have some desaturation in color of the pattern, but overall it will be less noticeable than if the colorway color and the pattern were printed onto the tights. I think you should be ok judging from your size description if you aren't avg/tall.
>>
>>8882307
Moving a shade darker is totally fine to create a better contrast with your skin tone. My skin tone is yellow/tanned compared to Caucasians' so pale wigs are always out of question for me and darker wigs worked better.

>>8882554
Sizing is JP Size M. It sounds like you're probably like a JP size M-L, so it shouldn't be an issue. I'm size 00 in the US and a lot of the JP size M-L stuff are too big on me.
>>
>>8882540
Luckily no it's one that's going to be styled up away from my neck and face. Damn, I suppose I'll keep going for the dye and if it's kinda splotchy I'll make it work.
Thank you!
>>
>>8882307
Some people think accuracy is more important, and others think what makes your cosplay look better is more important.
tl;dr: People will nitpick no matter what so I say do whatever makes you feel the best about your cosplay.

For me personally, if it's a color/style that is close to another cosplay I'm planning, I'll try to find a happy medium between the 2 characters so I can reuse the wig. If it's a unique-to-this-cosplay-only wig then I will choose accuracy and use makeup to alter the tint of my skin (such as making it a shade lighter/darker) to better suit the color. I should mention that I do tend to choose characters that have little exposed skin, so I'm basically only altering my face and neck.
>>
File: Yozakura_1.jpg (80 KB, 640x680) Image search: [Google]
Yozakura_1.jpg
80 KB, 640x680
Ok, quite a few questions:
Does anyone have a pattern I can base the top off of?
Where can I get decent quality tabi socks and similar style sandals.
I'm not quite sure how to do the gauntlets. I've been looking at a lot of LoL Vi tutorials and it looks like most people just make them permanent fists and the fingers aren't articulated. While the articulated ones barely move at all.
What would be a good, lightweight material to make them out of? I haven't used Eva foam yet.
>>
File: Mirei_Mikagura_b.jpg (39 KB, 330x800) Image search: [Google]
Mirei_Mikagura_b.jpg
39 KB, 330x800
Hey gulls. I'd like to cosplay pic related and I'm wondering if this is a specific style of dress or if I'd have to draft something myself for it. The straps cross into an X on the back and they reach lower than the front, and I had no luck when searching for something in this style.
>>
>>8882662
Top: http://taeliac.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Draft-a-Kimono-Patten-63652749
Tabi: http://www.ichiroya.com/item/search.php?keywords=tabi scroll down for plain white ones
Sandals: You should probably modify these from cheap foam ones, actual zori are $$$ and the straps are going to be wider than you want. Maybe glue them to the tabi and let the straps be mostly ornamental, they're really thin and like they'd be painful if they were taking the weight of the sole.
Gauntlets: Look at the WIP photos of ExtremeCostumes' Hulkbuster over on FB, you can kind of figure out how he did the hands. The default position is fingers extended (held by springs where the extensor tendons would be) and fingers pull to close. Would recommend EVA foam with some aluminum armature wire on the inside to help support the curves.
>>
>>8882716
Thank you so much. That hulkbuster costume is insane, I can't believe the amount of work they put into it. But It does give me some good ideas as a starting point.
>>
File: masque.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
masque.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
Where can I find a good venetian mask seller in the USA?

I am looking for a three-faced mask like pic related.
>>
>>8882682
look up "underbust jumper skirt"
>>
>>8882169
If you can't find bandages, cheesecloth looks a lot like it.
>>
File: sadie s.png (284 KB, 678x421) Image search: [Google]
sadie s.png
284 KB, 678x421
Thinking my only option to getting what I want as far as a good Sadie wig is to dye the pictured white Diana epiccosplay wig to a lighter blonde since they don't carry any of that style in the color I need.

My problem is I'm worried I'll make it too vibrant a yellow. Whats the best way to achieve the shade I want? My preferred dyeing method is RIT dye but other suggestions welcome.
>>
Does anyone know where I can buy/find instructions on how to make this kind of gel deco cream? I'm trying to Google keywords but I'm just finding the regular white deco cream.
>>
File: otgwbeast2.png (259 KB, 1044x576) Image search: [Google]
otgwbeast2.png
259 KB, 1044x576
I'm trying to cosplay The Beast from Over the Garden Wall (pic related)

I already have a black morph suit and a cloak, and I have plans to make the antlers, but I wasn't sure how to go about the eyes. Painting them on seems like it could be a bad idea, it might obstruct my visibility. Any ideas? I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>
File: leds.jpg (45 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
leds.jpg
45 KB, 600x525
>>8882169
Yeah I just used the ones that have a bit of stretch in them. Still took it fine. If you don't find any, go with the other suggestions.

>>8883582
You could put some of those round LED lights above your head? If you don't want them to bulge out under the morphsuit, you could cut out a bit of forehead space in one of those blank face masks, fit them in there then wear that under the morphsuit.
>>
>>8883582
LEDs with some sort of diffusing material over it would be the best option.
>>
Anyone have good wig styling tutorials? Never styled one, and I want to cosplay from Wakfu, but my favorite classes have enormous spiky hairstyles..
>>
>>8880064
Laser resurfacing is a bit overboard same with paying for multiple spa trips. Honestly why don't you ask some famous cosplayers and see what they say? I think you might have to resort to model though because that's such a shitty anime.
>>
File: Original_Diego_jojoeoh.png (249 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Original_Diego_jojoeoh.png
249 KB, 480x480
What should i make the stripes on Diego's sweater with? Would fabric gel do fine?
>>
>>8883919
You could do what many Spider-Man cosplayers do and either use urethane rubber, or, if you have a very steady hand, fabric puff paint.
>>
>>8883830
>Wakfu
>my nigga
Anyways, I am not a wig stylist in the least but I like Malinda-chan's tutorials for this kind of over-the-top nonsense.
http://malindachan.deviantart.com/gallery/37164049/Wig-tutorials
>>
>>8883346
Just add color and glitter
>>
>>8883924
Thanks! Her Judal tutorial would actually be perfect for a sacrier. I'm probably going with sram, but I bet I could use a similar foam method to make the ponytail huge and cartoonish.
>>
I'm about to dye my hair purple, but the perfect job just landed in my lap. I'm looking for the most realistic daily wear medium to shoulder length brown wig that I can find, and have shipped to my house within a week. I can't shell out the money for a human hair wig, and I know lockshop and GLW are both questionable quality. So I was looking at Arda. I know I can use dry shampoo to take out the shine but please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>8884044
Check Tasty Peach Studios (they are always good quality) as well as EpicCosplays Au Naturale line.
>>
I'm looking into putting LEDs into a prop and I'm trying to find a power supply for about 3-4 feet of LEDs. The LED strip I'm looking at says that 12V is neccessary for 5 meters (16 feet, way more than I need). Do I need a 12V power supply? Or will I be okay with a 5V or 9V? Should I get a rechargeable power supply or do AAs work out?
>>
>>8884226
The voltage determines the brightness of the LEDs, less LEDs just means the batteries will last longer.
I've personally made a light-up mask with 6 LEDs in it, two AA batteries and an appropriate resistor did the trick and it'll last for at least a few days non-stop.
>>
>>8884230
Thanks!
>>
>>8884244
One more thing though, if it says 12V then I'd make sure to use a 12V source. That can easily be done using 2 AA batteries and a resistor of the right type. LEDs don't need a lot of power, so the batteries won't run out all that fast.
>>
>>8884079
Anime Stuff Store sells the same brand as Tasty Peach (Purple Plum) without their markup so see if your wig isn't there first.

Purple Plum is great though, pretty good for the price. I've had people mistake their wigs on me for my real hair.
>>
Would using a resin mask be appropriate for an ancient Sith Lord cosplay attempt?

Trying to stay original, KOTOR themed though.
>>
>>8884504
"Resin" is a pretty vague category of plastics, but yes, you can make masks out of any variety of materials. How authentic it looks is more a matter of paint job and surfacing.
>>
I want to make an orange barrel that could fit over the original barrel for weapons policy reasons.

Any ideas on how to go about it? Orange paint is a last resort thing. Or maybe an orange plug that fits into the barrel would work?
>>
>>8884779
shut the fuck up and shove your prop as far up your ass as possible
>>
>>8884504
what do you mean exactly?
are you going to sculpt the mask out of clay first and then cast it in resin?
>>
>>8884781
"No"
>>
gonna try my hand at sewing cosplay since ive mainly been doing foam fabrication.

how do you guys choose the type of fabric for your cosplay? are there any general "rule of thumb" type guides when buying fabric that you guys can recommend?
something along the lines of "use X fabric when making gloves".
>>
Can anyone recommend a place where I can get a custom morphsuit made? I can't seen to find a single site other than zentai-zentai who told me my request was too "complex"..
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
Help me choose a wig for Shiek? Bangs in front, you can't see it in this pic but she's got a decently long braided ponytail in back.

I hate choosing a wig
>>
>>8884830
Do you need it to be specially printed fabric or the suit itself needs to have custom alterations?
>>
File: 1456462470896-661203634.jpg (838 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1456462470896-661203634.jpg
838 KB, 2048x1152
I got a jumpsuit a garage sale for 2 bucks.Thoughts on what I can do with this? I was thinking Boba fett jumpsuit or post apocalypse.
>>
>>8885021
Not sure if you are into osomatsu-san but each character has one.
>>
i bought a wig and i need to tuck the wig sideburns behind my ears but then my hair shows like this pic?(not me) i was wondering if i added fabric then folded the hair in and under it i could make the sides longer that way? i don't know how i would go about doing it without it ending up shitty.

its the only part of the hair that i need like that.
any advice or tutorials would be appreciated.

>>8883260
https://arda-wigs.com/shop/greta-classic/
fairy blonde!!
>>8884847
in light blonde
>>8880688
was about to say this.
https://arda-wigs.com/shop/jeannie-classic/
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 249x202
>>8885056
>>8885056
>https://arda-wigs.com/shop/jeannie-classic/
oops that was meant for >>8884847
and here is said picture.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-25-21-17-49.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-25-21-17-49.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>8884830

a specific print on a morph suit. More specifically this one
>>
>>8885107
desu anon that looks handmade, you'll have to get a morphsuit to your skin tone, use fabric paint to contour your body and make the black. water down the darker skin tone you make so it will go on lightly and you wont have to make a bunch of different shades of it. also paint it while you or someone similar to your body shape has it on so you can get it the most accurate.
>>
>>8884258
Two AAs is only 3V, anon. Something requiring 12V won't even be visible under that kind of voltage. All common cell batteries are 1.5V, the bigger ones just last longer.

>>8884226
Look up A23 batteries. They're about half the size of a AA but they put out 12V. Just get spares because you'll probably run through them fairly quickly depending on how liberal you are with your LEDs being on.
>>
>>8880095
ooo what is the source material called? These designs are hella cute.
>>
>>8884813
Choosing your fabric will vary wildly with each costume you do, and a lot of it comes down to matching the flow or texture of your source material. There really isn't any default fabric for gloves, as there are so many types of gloves you can make, and the fabric you choose will differ depending on the gloves, or whatever else you're making. But, for a quick reference there is this http://fabrickind.tumblr.com/post/107703806818

>>8885107

For something like that, you can either buy a suit, make a duct tape dummy, and airbrush the design on, but if you are not artistically inclined, then a better option might be to look into dye sublimation. There are many sites that do custom dye subs, mainly for superheroes, but essentially this is the same thing. A note though, most of those places don't see the suit together as well, so you'll either have to find someone that does all the work, do the sewing yourself, or get a third party to help with that.
>>
File: shoes245-2.jpg (336 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
shoes245-2.jpg
336 KB, 700x1200
I have some bodyline shoes 245 (pic related) in brown color. I need a black pair but I was wondering if it's possible to dye them instead.

If so, how would I do so? They have some scuff marks on the front too.

Strip it then dye? Just dye outright? Will it look just like a black pair?
>>
Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but anyways

Question for femanons. Are there weebs at conventions who try to flirt with you or hit on you? And what is your opinion on it?
when I strike up a conversation with another cosplayer I usually flirt a little, but I'm worried I might be the 50th person who does that to them in a single day, and it might just be annoying to them.
>>
File: jjba-asb-johnny-joestar-solo.jpg (159 KB, 1200x1180) Image search: [Google]
jjba-asb-johnny-joestar-solo.jpg
159 KB, 1200x1180
Ok, I'm completely new to this stuff and I have some questions.

>Is there an absolute newfag "How to make your first costume" tutorial that you would recommend?
>Do you order fabric from the internet or go to the local shop?
>What are some trusted Tao shopping services that ship to Russia (if anyone has any experience with that)?
>It's not gay for a guy to cosplay anime, right?
>>
>>8885318
>it's not gay for a guy to cosplay right?
Kinda depends on the cosplay, but I've seen men crossplay and they still didn't look gay. Pic related
>>
File: mayu.png (915 KB, 1000x873) Image search: [Google]
mayu.png
915 KB, 1000x873
New to cosplay, decided after having a good think on it that maybe this wouldn't be too hard to do, but I was hoping someone could set me on the right track.

I'm thinking the top of the dress is just a standard shape, nothing too challenging there. The skirt seems to be where things get a bit more complicated. In my mind I'm thinking it's just a circle skirt, not sure how I'd go about making the lifted portions (Any tips would be great). Then for the piano keys, I could just make a long, pleated strip and sew on the black segments, then attach this to the edge of the skirt? This probably makes more sense in my head than it does writing it down.

Black cotton is about £4.50 a metre where I buy from, and white's the same, so I'm not sure if this would come out cheaper than just buying the outfit, and since I'm worried about it looking kinda shit, I'm a bit iffy on actually going ahead with this.

Any tips, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>8885341
>first time sewing
>fitted, ruffly top
>"nothing too challenging"
meanwhile
>simple rectangle skirt with vertical gathers
>"complicated"
Anon, I don't have time to give you all the advice you need but do more research. I suggest looking at lolita sewing tutorials on egl.
>>
>>8885341
I agree with other anon, this is not a circle skirt. It's a 4 panel skirt, there is a seam that goes up from each bow, with said vertical gathers.(that seam is where you'd put drawstring hidden on interior to gather it.) Top is princess seam with epaulette style shoulder/collar.
If you don't routinely sew frilly dresses then it's going A) be harder than you think or B) look like shit construction.
>>
>>8885318
>it's not gay for a guy to cosplay right?
Is your masculinity really that fragile?
>>
>>8885316
Don't do this, especially if you are smelly/greasy/a ham/otherwise disgusting. Unless you are cute and have good social skills -which I'm guessing you don't, since you're asking for advice on the matter from cgl- she's just going to think of you as creepy.
>>
>>8885156
Thank you! That battery looks great and should suit my needs perfectly.
>>
>>8885319
>no best girl
>not gay

please
>>
File: Gaigewighelp.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1000) Image search: [Google]
Gaigewighelp.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1000
Wig styling help please. Cosplaying Gaige the Mechromancer from Borderlands 2 and I bought the Chibi wig from Arda but the pigtails are too low. How do I make them higher?
>>
>>8885341
Unless you have a lot of previous sewing experience, this is not a good thing to pick for your first cosplay. You simply will not have the skills to make this look good yet if you've never cosplayed before.

Just buy it or start with something more simple, you really should not waste your time and money just to ultimately fuck up something because you aren't at the skill level to make it yet.
>>
>>8885452
I know a fat guy, he isn't that great looking either, but he is adorable and super nice.
And I know another kinda fat guy who calls girls superficial because he doesn't have a gf. And he smells like chips all the time as well.

Just take care of your hygiene and have a little bit of social skills and you'll be fine babe
>>
>>8883346
Clear silicone for caulking found cheaply at Walmart and home improvement stores + pigment powder in a piping bag. Happy deco-ing!
>>
File: Black_White_Caitlin.png (113 KB, 549x385) Image search: [Google]
Black_White_Caitlin.png
113 KB, 549x385
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but I'll give it a shot.

What's the general consensus on toning down a wig for a cosplay if the character's hair is just insane? I'm talking something like pic related, where it's just not functional to wear something that large. Is it frowned upon to just make something that looks like this, but shorter/less voluminous?

I'm new to cosplaying and this is something I don't really know about.
>>
>>8885156
I know two AAs are only 1.5V, hence why I said "an appropriate resistor" to change the voltage.
>>
>>8882682
Thanks anon! I found some great tutorials for drafting your own!

>>8885309
I'm not sure what material those are, but if they're leather you can get some leather shoe paint from this site http://angelusdirect.com/collections/paint
>>
>>8880070
Fullmask
Did cos play as jacket wit the good old Richard mask. Works also better at vidya conventions in Germany imo...
>>
>>8885318
>Do you order fabric from the internet or go to the local shop?

well, if its your first time, you definitely dont want to order from the internet. you cant know the exact look and feel of the fabric just by looking at a picture.

>It's not gay for a guy to cosplay anime, right?
pretty much what >>8885377 said.

chances are, youre probably gay deep down so you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>8885316
I treat pretty much all strangers coming up to me at cons as fans of the series I'm cosplaying and it makes the situation feel a lot more positive. It shifts the focus away from me (in my mind) and I think of their enthusiasm as how much they love the series.
>>
File: what is this called.png (124 KB, 512x444) Image search: [Google]
what is this called.png
124 KB, 512x444
anyone know what this thing is called? Im looking to buy one but I dont know how to search for it
>>
>>8885841
Specifically for that size? Coin purse closure should find you results.
>>
>>8885841
i just googled up "top of coin/change purse" and I got "kiss lock".

you gotta work on your google skills, mate.
>>
>>8885056
Ew no I don't like Arda's Greta. The blunt bangs are too short for the styling I want to do.
>>
File: 1455250983627.jpg (83 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1455250983627.jpg
83 KB, 960x640
I need tutorials for ANY type of object heads BUT especially computers (like pix related) and TVs.

There are a few more complex diys around, but I don't have much money or materials around, so any help is welcome.
>>
>>8885974
i did something similar for a friend last year.
easiest way is to go out and find an old monitor, gut it out so its just the shell. create a mold out of it and cast it in resin.
super light weight and pretty durable too.
>>
>>8885377
This might be more of a Russian thing. They are very homophobic including their media. Since he as a guy would have to go to a fabric store and learn to sew it could potentially lead to misunderstandings.

>>8885318
Just tell Putin you're cosplaying for the ladies
>>
Do any coloured contact lens sellers still take paypal? Pinky Paradise was my go-to and they stopped accepting it. I need prescription lenses, if that helps.
>>
>>8886101
try honeycolor
>>
>>8885974
>>8886026
If you mess with a CRT TV/monitor be EXTREMELY careful and look up guides for gutting one. The capacitors in them can hold a charge long after it's been unplugged, and they pack enough juice that they can and will fatally electrocute you.

It's not as risky as it sounds unless you manage to touch exactly the wrong bits without shorting them first, but it does happen.
>>
File: Josuke_jojolion_crop.png (3 MB, 1161x1314) Image search: [Google]
Josuke_jojolion_crop.png
3 MB, 1161x1314
Best way to make a temporary tattoo?
Like a Joestar family birthmark?
>>
Are there any tips to avoid ruining socks and shoes in lolita? I'm too scared to buy any socks and shoes outside of bodyline since I have a terrible track record of scuffing shoes and tearing socks.
>>
>>8885508
Scaling it down while keeping the style the same will be your best bet. http://www.cosp.jp/photo_search.aspx?n3=60847 Here are how others have done it so you can see what may work but I don't think there's many good examples in there if any. I'd say focus on the thickness and shape while the length will come down to the best wig you find that's suitable.
>>
>>8886607
draw with eyeliner/facepaint and use a setting thing of some sort, or buy temporary tattoo paper, print and apply
>>
New to cosplay, what can I use for armor making and how?
>>
What's the best way to attach a horn to your forehead?
>>
>>8886718
If you're new to cosplay, don't make difficult shit (like ARMOR) right away.
Start with someting easy first.
Making armor takes time and patience.
>>
>>8886727
Headband with some kind of clear strap off the front to support the weight, spirit gum to keep it from shifting around.
>>
I wanna cosplay CGL-tan, but I'm purely a cosplay-fag.
I want to make it a mixture of cosplay and Lolita, with a mixture of J-fash ellements.
My only problem is trying to mix Cosplay and Lolita without it looking like really ita garbage.
Should I get a fandom print?
Make a dress that looks like a cosplay? Just wear some cat ears?
Any suggestions you want to see would be cool, too!
>>
Where do you guys buy shoes? I'm not used to cute shoes but I have a date coming up and I want to wear a red skater dress and I'm not sure what kind to wear and where to find a good deal.
>>
File: soranowoto.png (499 KB, 509x647) Image search: [Google]
soranowoto.png
499 KB, 509x647
>How to military cosplay? Patterns n shit? I don't want it to look costumy.

Pic related.
>>
>>8886718
>what can I use for armor making
EVA foam is the easiest way to tackle on armor.
>how
you either make templates yourself or find templates online for whatever armor youre doing.

what are you trying to make exactly?
>>
>>8886911
Heavy fabrics that don't wrinkle and have real interfacing structure like facing and shoulder pads
>>
Is there any type of primer I should use for props with a top coat of rondo? Or is any primer fine?
I also plan on painting the props with acrylic and spray paints if that makes a difference.
>>
File: yowai-totoko.jpg (35 KB, 300x414) Image search: [Google]
yowai-totoko.jpg
35 KB, 300x414
How do I add volume to the back of a wig? I want to cosplay Totoko, but I'm not sure about how I should make the back poof of her hair. At first I was thinking I could just attach a bun to the base wig, but it's not really a bun but more of just raised hair.
>>
>>8887026
Bumpit.
>>
>>8881642
I haven't made fake bark but I think using foam + Plastidip might work.

But either way I love you for doing this-- I've actually wanted to come up with a design for The Queen myself, but it's not a priority right now. Please, please post completed pictures in the self post thread when you're done, I'll love you forever.
>>
>>8886382
B-But they don't take Paypal either, anon...
>>
File: houndoom.png (49 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
houndoom.png
49 KB, 250x250
Kind of new to cosplaying and want to cosplay the Pokemon Houndoom but I have no idea where to begin
>>
>>8887037
Since you're new, do something simple. Leather, metal jewelry, and the horns and tail.
>>
>>8885974
Sort of piggybacking off this but does anyone know where you can buy computer/tv heads or get them commissioned by someone who knows what they're doing instead of Cosplay.com level "Hurr give me $100 and I'll figure it out" commissioners.
>>
File: 0227161600a_HDR.jpg (458 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
0227161600a_HDR.jpg
458 KB, 1080x1920
Anyone have a experience on how to lighten hair? I'm considering going vinegar+ sun route.

Dark blonde mode rn, but would like to get to Schrödinger-tier before a con. I'd rather not go the wig route even though it would be the better option
>>
>>8887040
any idea how he made that tail?
>>
>>8887040
wow. that totally doesnt read as houndoom at all. i hope you just picked a random picture and not think thats actually a good example of a houndoom cosplay.

shit just looks like some OC demon thing.
>>
>>8887055
Bleach. Not the kind in you clean with.
>>
>>8887071
Thanks nonny

>>8884779
If you're still here, try painting a wine cork for a plug
>>
>>8887055
just get one of those hair dying kits you can get in the beauty section of target or walmart.
shit is relatively cheap.
>>
>>8887062
Picked a random 'closet cosplay' version since anon doesn't have the skills for anything more than that.
>>
File: Remote.jpg (34 KB, 799x449) Image search: [Google]
Remote.jpg
34 KB, 799x449
>>8887080
Didn't even know that stuff exists that cheap. Godsend.

Is it okay to apply it more and more over time? Or to get a slightly blonder and end goal blonde kit and use one for one month and the other the next? I don't want to show up to work one day looking like a Cali girl but id be fine ending up there over a few months. Can't find a proper resource online on that.
>>
>>8887102
if you constantly use it like that, you're pretty much going to damage your hair.
why not just do it until a week or so before the con?
>>
File: AWB8501.jpg (120 KB, 400x619) Image search: [Google]
AWB8501.jpg
120 KB, 400x619
Would anyone have suggestions for a proper Mirai wig or would it be best to add wefts to a wig to make it poofy like hers?
>>
>>8887326
It's so short you can probably just tease the inner layers.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 524x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 524x960
Where is a good place/good person to commission to get a (ideally corseted) bodysuit? Pic related
>>
>>8887024
Anyone?
>>
>>8887397
HIgh-build autobody primer will do the best job of filling imperfections.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 640x763) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 640x763
I recently purchased a what I thought to be an auburn wig for my Asuka cosplay and basically what I got is a party city highlighter orange wig. A couple of unsuccessful searches and a post in the wigs thread later, I havent found a perfect shade and I'm at my wits end. To those who had cosplayed Asuka or a character that utilizes an auburn wig, could someone guide me in the right direction? Thank you so much!
>>
File: muslim.jpg (154 KB, 296x440) Image search: [Google]
muslim.jpg
154 KB, 296x440
I'm trying to make a whooping crane costume. I'm not a furry, I'm just involved in wildlife preservation a lot and thought it'd be neat to make. I can't find a decent tutorial for a crane or similar bird, so I dunno what to do.

Should I make the crane's head rest on my head or should I give it a long neck with the head up above?

What material should the beak be?

If anyone has a bird tutorial that'd be great. I don't know where to look for fursuit things. I've made costumes before, but never an animal costume. Wings and general head stuff are easy, the beak and positioning of the head are where I'm at a loss.
>>
File: Gon_Design.jpg (67 KB, 699x485) Image search: [Google]
Gon_Design.jpg
67 KB, 699x485
>>8886101
Uniqso does.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for fabric for a Gon cosplay? Specifically the green.
>>
>>8887449

my dick in your ass is a good fabric
>>
>>8883919
Sewing on ribbon or elastic in the strips would work.
>>8881315
Try a 14" acrylic globe.
https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/7570/3202-14020-003.html?utm_source=SmartFeedGoogleBase&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_term=3202-14020-003&utm_content=Halloween+Lights+and+Accessories&utm_campaign=SmartFeedGoogleBaseShopping&gclid=Cj0KEQiAr8W2BRD2qbCOv8_H7qEBEiQA1ErTBmCyIz4TmaMEnvTpZz_6k8H6ho79u1BVzhhIEASKi4oaArJ_8P8HAQ Though you'll probably want to put a hard hat or something inside. Try looking at deadmau5 head tutorials.
>>
>>8887449
Thanks anon. Guess I'll need to hope they restock before April.
>>
>>8887424
Arda's pumpkin color would probably fit. I've seen a lot of people use it for Asuka.
>>
>>8887449
Maybe a heavier cotton? You'll want something without shine, obviously.Just don't go with satin or cheap quilting shit and you should be fine.
>>
File: 1450775443579.png (58 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
1450775443579.png
58 KB, 700x467
>>8887144
'cause I don't want to show up to work one day with some plat ass blonde hair. Admittedly, I'm uncultured af on dying hair. I was under the impression that leaving due in for X time is the same amount of "bad" for your hair as leaving it in for X/2 amount of time twice with a month interval.

Am I just being dense?
>>
>>8887449
A bottomweight poplin or twill should be fine. A mediumweight may pass if you line it. I wouldn't go heavier than a denim though, since it'll be too tough to sew for most average sewing machines.
>>
>>8887518
>>8887506
Thanks anons! I was thinking twill or poplin myself. It's just trying to find the colors too.
>>
Hey all! I'm going to do a cosplay that includes a tight catsuit, and for extra accurcy points I want to use a bodyshaper to emulate the cartoony hourglass of the original drawing. However, since of course a corset would be super obvious under a tight latex suit, I was wondering what the absolute strongest bodyshaper would be (meaning is able to squish the most) that will not show through? (I'm thinking like a spanx-type thing). Obviously I'm not expecting results like from steel-boned corsets, but something more than the bleh tube shape that all the ones I've seen give.
>>
Is it ok for a guy to use
>concealer if he has pretty bad skin
>(colored) lipstick if the cosplay needs it
?
>>
>>8887679
Of course! I recommend using concealer on blemishes and a light foundation or BB cream to even out skin tone always. You will look infinitely better in photos. If you're worried about your masculinity there are Asian beauty and skin care products targeted specifically at men.
>>
>>8879756
sew bias tape or fabric paint the lines. use maybe wire inside on the two front sides and one on the back, so you could adjust it for photos or when it's not crowded.
>>8879956
natural black
>>8887599
all i can think of is spanx. also try to avoid bloating foods.
>>8887326
teasing, hairspray and a blowdryer.
>>8885474
are you not able to remove the pigtails or something? just tie it higher and to make sure you dont get any bumps while doing so, comb the hair with spray before wrapping the elastic around.
>>8885925
uh ok, what about
http://www.thefivewitswigs.com/shop/wigs/bad-wolf-tiem-stahp/
http://matchwigs.com/buy-cosplay-wigs/358-morys-short-blonde-wig-cosplay.html#/color-blonde_yellow
http://lucaille.com/?product-899.html
>>8887679
yes of course. >>8887685 is right.
dont forget to exfoliate, prime and seal your makeup.
>>8885061
>>8885056
anyone??
>>
>>8887510
Why not just get a wig? It will most likely look better and it might even be cheaper than 2 packages of bleach depending on where you buy, and you wouldn't have to show up to work blonde.
Bleaching hair always damages it, but going platinum blonde in one go is more damaging that gradually lightening the hair over time, because the hair has time to rest and because you should be doing deep-moisturizing treatments between bleachings.
>>
>>8887693
>>8887685

while we're at it
I've never done cosplay before
What is the minimum amount of things I should use and in what order?
>>
>>8887715
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_cBk3mBVE
just look up beginner makeup tutorials or how to wear makeup on youtube. remember to practice a bit.

which colour lipstick do you need??
>>
>>8887693
>>8879756
same anon as above but what about chicken wire? just make sure there isnt any sharp edges before you put it in? if it shows through the fabric just put a thin but light fabric inbetween the other or thin batting?
>>
>>8887753
darkish yellow/orange
i'm doing this guy >>8886607
>>
does anyone have some good advice on how to weather knit fabrics to make them look older? aside from sandpaper/wire brush
>>
>>8887333
Someone local or someone willing to send you a mockup for fitting. I take commissions and wouldn't do a structured bodysuit without a fitting because they're essentially impossible to fit correctly with just measurements.
>>
>>8887899
Soak them in tea or coffee.
>>8887757
this is what you need anon
http://www.amazon.com/NYX-Macaron-Pastel-Lippies-Lipstick/dp/B00K4EM50U
>>
I have to paint my face blue and my eyebrows purple.
Is the best way to do this to hide my brows with glue/paint and paint whole new ones? Or is there a better way?

Any other tips for face-painting for beginners are welcome too!
>>
>>8888085
If your eyebrows are the right shape/height, I'd paint your face blue and then use a spoolie (eyebrow brush) in your face paint and just paint them purple. If for some reason you need to reshape them or place them somewhere else, the glue method will work.

Make sure you use professional face/body paint (Wolfe FX/Diamond/Global, Mehron, Ben Nye, Kryolan, Cameleon are all good paints). I personally like using a sponger (a round craft sponge cut in half) to apply paint smoothly, but you can also use brushes (kabuki brushes are great for large areas). Don't use acrylic or tempura paint. Don't forget to use slightly darker/lighter paint for highlights and lowlights for a dynamic paint job.

Please seal your body paint. This will keep your paint looking better for longer and will prevent your paint from transferring onto other people. The paint you choose will determine how you seal it, but in creme paints need to be sealed with powder, water based cake paints can be sealed with setting spray.
>>
anyone help me on what i have to get to look like the beret soldier from remove kebab?
>>
>>8888687
military surplus store, may have to order the beret or make it from scratch, ordering will probably be less frustrating. The patch on the hat at least I would make from scratch. There are some tutorials online for that.

And then don't forget the accordion.
>>
>>8888687
im trying to figure out what camo and if it is a parka or not.
i already ordered the medal on the beret
>>
File: FEF_Ophelia_My_Room_Model.png (184 KB, 332x567) Image search: [Google]
FEF_Ophelia_My_Room_Model.png
184 KB, 332x567
Anyone know where to get a good wig for Ophelia?
Preferably already with all the layering put in
>>
Trying to make Pyramid Head apron/smock lower piece.

I want to make it as close to the movie one as possible - yellowish and slightly transparent, almost like thin rubber sheet consistency.

But the closest I could possibly find is pic related, which comes with very vague details. Dye with tea/coffee then liquid latex.

Stitching and sutures is not an issue. It's like everyone focuses on the helmet and nothing else, or they post pics and describe NOTHING about the lower end.

Should I just try to yolo it or does anyone have a good suggestion?
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 483x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 483x750
Any good sources for old school lolita socks like pic related? All the ones I've been finding have really awful, cheap raschel lace. I'm scared of finding some that just end up looking really ita.
>>
>>8888720
>panties over hip guards
I was fine with Tharja but this is just ridiculous
>>
>>8888735
How else do you expect her to hold up the armor that protects her single most vulnerable part, her hips, while leaving all of her squishy organ areas uncovered? Those are functional underpants.
>>
How hard is it to work with PVC fabric/vinyl? And how hot would it be to wear a flightsuit made of it?
>>
>>8888724

make it out of the untreated skin of a pig and douse it in blood
>>
>>8888720

I strangely found a perfect Ophelia wig at a thrift store for 89 cents recently.
>>
>>8888767
Huh, what luck!
I never seem to find anything useful at my local thrift stores
>>
>>8888769

I found some 300 dollar boots that were brand new for 30 bucks. I find some pretty cool shit at thrift stores, such as a Laserdisc of Ghost.
>>
>>8888765
I'll look into it (even if trolling) but it may be too thick no matter how thing I can try to make pig leather. thanks
>>
>>8888788

I'm serious

Using real blood will look better than any other effect
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x453
Need help choosing some lenses for a GIRL cosplay coming up. Any ideas?
>>
I'm having a strange fit issue with a self-drafter pattern for fairy tale nozomi. I have a drafted muslin for the entirety of the top/dress(?). I have a small underbust, but my boobs themselves are kinda large, so there's at least an extra 6-8 inches of fabric that just sort of drapes weirdly. I've tried adding darts to it, but then I can't get it OVER my boobs. Would a fitted bodice be better, maybe? I figured a simple elastic top like pic related would work, but I think I'm missing something in the construction. Any help would be appreciated!
>>
>>8888846
I solved my own stupid fucking problem by remembering that shirring is a thing that exists. I think I'll just add some shirring to the back, and call it a day, unless that would look stupid? I know it's common in lolita stuff and on kid's clothes, but I'm not sure about in cosplay.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 576x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 576x419
How should I go about painting and sealing these things? I'm not sure what to do to make sure that the clothing is at least hand washable..
>>
I'm using a spandex bodysuit for a costume and I need to stick some extra decoration/features on, which I was planning to do with velcro. I tested it, and it seems like velcro sticks pretty well to spandex, but taking it off causes a bit of fabric fraying. I don't know how big of a problem that is.

Is this a feasible way to do this, or is any form of damage a bad sign when it comes to this. If so, what other bodysuit fabrics would work?
>>
>>8888914
Did you stabilize the spandex? You should pick up some iron on stabilizer if you haven't. You'll wreck the fabric with the stress of pulling the velcro soon.
>>
>>8888916

I... did not. I didn't even know that was a thing. Good thing I'm still just drafting ideas out. I guess I'll buy some and use that then, that should make it safe to apply velcro objects, right? Is there a specific type I should get or avoid?

Thanks for the quick response, by the way.
>>
>>8888791
And will quickly smell like rotten flesh. Cons smell bad enough as it is.

Mixing various paint colors in different red brown hues and using a gloss medium in places where you want it to look wet should be plenty
>>
>>8888918
Research types that say they can be applied to synthetic fabrics. As for how heavy you need the stabilizer to be, you will have to do some trial and error with scraps.
>>
>>8888935

Alright, thanks. I did some digging and it looks like cut-away iron-on stabilizer is best for spandex-based fabrics for permanent protection. Learned a lot today.
>>
>>8888914
Do not ever use Velcro on spandex. The teeth of the Velcro will chew up the spandex and result in pilly and frayed. You cannot avoid that. Just don't use Velcro.
>>
>>8888843
The pink pupils are probably a stylistic choice so they'd look similar to the lines (which play the role of black in the character palette), but not exactly the same, for purposes of definition.
Plus, you're gonna be hard pressed to find lenses that combine aqua and pink, since they're pretty close to being compliments of each other and give off a muddy-looking effect.
I say just go with some bright blue-green lenses.
If you're really set on that style, though, you'll probably have to commission them or find someone that still sells Nia Tepplin lenses.
>>
File: tumblr_me8msgKJV41ru1sa9o1_1280.jpg (263 KB, 960x1288) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_me8msgKJV41ru1sa9o1_1280.jpg
263 KB, 960x1288
Any idea how the hell I would pattern out these weird collars, and what kind of material I should use to line them? Do you think it's meant to be something like fake fur inside, or fleece?

Is there any kind of clothing that has collars that even resemble this a little in real life that has a name I could use for googling?
>>
>>8889166
The inside looks more like those quilted puffy jackets to me.
>>
>>8889026

Do you have any suggestions to possible alternatives?
>>
>>8889234
Zippers, snaps, hook and eye closures. Basically anything that is not velcro.
>>
>>8888763
Its super terrible. If you can at all avoid it, find something else.
>>8888914
Is there a reason you can't sew these features on?
>>
>>8889276

Well, it's a dragon sort of costume, so I was planning on having the tail slide in a hole in the back of the bodysuit, then affixed to me by way of belt loops and a belt. So as far as the tail "spikes" are concerned, being able to attach it after the fact would be a lot better than having them permanently attached.

I can definitely consider permanent attachment for the spikes/scales/plates for remainder of the bodysuit, but I'm not all too familiar with sewing foam objects directly to a very stretchy material and want to ensure relative longevity of the costume (should be able to last 3 con days and account for curious passerbys tugging or bumping into things). I want to avoid the catastrophic situation of "I spent a week painting the body suit perfectly and now thanks to my shitting sewing job I ruined it completely and have to start over again."

But if it's unavoidable, I'll just practice like mad on some spare spandex and just not make mistakes.
>>
>>8889280
Ah, that does make sense then. As the other anon said, Velcro and spandex really don't mix, but buttons or snaps might work depending on how heavy your pieces are.
>>
>>8889282

I like the idea of button/snaps, they seem pretty easy to execute. Attaching them to a curved surface like a tail or the bottom of the spike shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for all your help, by the way.
>>
>>8889166
I agree with other anon that it's supposed to be quilted. You'll need buckram if you're going to make them eye height.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 640x960
How do I go about dying or printing on stretch fabrics. I need to get the orange to yellow fade and the text but I've heard spandex/lycra doesn't take dye.
>>
>>8889774
You can get companies like spoonflower to print on spandex.
>>
File: Nyx_portrait.png (397 KB, 640x540) Image search: [Google]
Nyx_portrait.png
397 KB, 640x540
how the shit do I get a wig to be spiked all over like this??
>>
>>8889896
It's not really "spiked" anon, all you need is a long wig and to cut layers into it, curl/"spike" them up with heat, hairspray ect
>>
File: Tendo.png (219 KB, 213x490) Image search: [Google]
Tendo.png
219 KB, 213x490
I'm looking for a source for lace front wigs, CGL. Arda lace fronts are beautiful and I love them, but surely there are alternatives out there?
Otherwise, suggestions on how to make the wig in the picture would be appreciated.
>>
>>8890080
tried styling an arda lacefront for him and man it was way too thick and I felt like i couldnt achieve thinning it out to give it that look.

Good luck with Tendou though.
>>
File: FWKDA13I6HSGIH5.MEDIUM.jpg (57 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
FWKDA13I6HSGIH5.MEDIUM.jpg
57 KB, 620x620
>>8890080
You could do a wig with a glued hairline instead of a lacefront for that.
Pic related would be an idea of what that looks like
>>
>>8890084
Hail, my nintendo brethren. Were you the one at Katsu by chance?
>>
>>8889178
Good point. Is it possible to buy quilted padding like that or am I looking at needing to understand how quilting works?
>>
>>8890087
No, I did Bokuto but styled a friend's tendou wig (or attempted to) who didnt end up wearing it that weekend.

I did the glued hairline technique for my Bokuto wig instead of hairline, but I am tempted to do lace front for it since I like that look better. Too bad I spent money on two more wigs to make a new glued hairline wig.
>>
>>8890120
Thanks for the feedback! Bokuto's got the same hairstyle, true. Do you think your friend will be wearing Tendou at some point in the future, OR might they be interested in selling that wig........?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 94

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.