[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buyer/Seller Horror Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 20
File: close up eyes.gif (44 KB, 409x200) Image search: [Google]
close up eyes.gif
44 KB, 409x200
Buyer/Seller Horror Stories? I'll start with mine because I'm fuming and need somewhere to vent and potentially get some insight.

>sold a cosplay on fb for $50 plus $10 shipping
>came with wig, coat, pants, boots, gloves and scarf
>also had a prop umbrella with it which I said I could try to include
>buyer asks for the umbrella
>I tell them that shipping would be even more expensive with the umbrella
>they say they can only pay $60
>I say ok, send only the costume as a result
>they get mad at me and say that I was supposed to send the umbrella
>what
>I tell them that we didn't agree on this and that the umbrella would have cost more to ship which they could not pay
>realize the way I worded it was a misunderstanding
>try to provide a link to the amazon listing that I bought the umbrella at which would be easier and cheaper for them
>buyer's MOM starts to chew me out via fb message
>they've now demanded a $30 refund through a paypal dispute and taken $60 from my account as a hold
>even used my entire cosplay is NOT worth just $30 dollars nor is the umbrella on its own worth $30 whole fucking dollars
>I'm salty and not sure where to go from here

I'm mad at myself that my friendly response was taken out of turn and that I wasn't absolutely clear (I was wrong to assume we were on the same page) but I also feel like I'm being taken advantage of by an angry mom when I shouldn't be. What the fuck.

Anybody have any experience with this? Should I just send the fucking umbrella and call it a day?
>>
>>8877227
>gets her mom involved
Fucking hell, how old is she? I would contact Paypal throught the dispute and show the screencaps where you said $60 was for JUST the costume and so when she said "I can only pay $60" you were under no obligation to send the umbrella.
>>
>>8877302
Also tell them that you want the costume back if they want a refund because the $30 refund doesn't even make sense. Tell Paypal that as well, you'll do a full refund if they send the costume back.
>>
>>8877227
If the person who bought the cosplay was a minor, you can tell paypal that the transaction was done by a minor which can get them into problems. I have had buyers who were underage try to get their money back from me but once I told paypal they were minors and did not indicate so, they got in trouble instead.
>>
>>8877227
Screencap everything and contact Paypal. That shit makes no sense and they're just looking for money and a fight.
>>
>>8877344
>>8877321
>>8877307
>>8877302

Reading through the whole claim now and they're trying to say that I sent the costume with damages? They cite stains on the coat and a tear in one of the gloves (with apparent photo evidence) but when I packed everything it was completely fine? I'm at a loss because I feel like they're backing me into a corner and could have potentially made these things up to make me look worse.
>>
>>8877353
Unless you have photos of the costume before you sent it out, all you can do is offer them a full refund in exchange for them sending your costume back.

But if you're sure it didn't have damages, you'll have to prove it with your own photos. This is why you take pictures of your items from every single angle.
>>
>>8877374
Honestly I think I'll have to just go ahead with a full refund and get them out of my hair. I had others who wanted to buy it so I'm sure it could be sold again and this time without all of the bullshit. I may have to start putting an age limit on who buys from me.
>>
>>8877449
Definitely get an age limit. Do let Paypal know that the buyer is a minor though so they don't pull this shit on anyone else.
>>
File: VySUhsG.jpg (175 KB, 346x640) Image search: [Google]
VySUhsG.jpg
175 KB, 346x640
>>8877227
>sell item
>buyer leaves no feedback
>repeat 3 more times
>sell to friend in person, make dummy listing for her to use to give feedback
>gently pester her for it for a while
>she gets around to it a month after

not like i wanted to participate in Secret Santas around here
>>
Old one that's been posted before but got to share it because of OP.

>selling something (forget what it was)
>was super cheap, about $10
>girl on FB says she wants it, asks me to put it on hold
>says she's coming home on bus from convention
>take this to mean she's an adult cause hey, kids don't travel alone on the greyhound?
>hold the item for her, remind her after 48 hours that I can't hold it any longer
>"I'm at high school right now but I can pay you when classes are out"
>oh crap. already had one major issue with underaged buyer before that, super iffy about selling to another but at least she seems like she can pay?
>tell her I'll need her paypal to send request to and also her shipping address to confirm paypal has the correct one listed
>"Uhhh I don't actually know. It's my mom's paypal, let me message her and then copy and paste the information for you."
>you have got to be kidding me.
>decide it's too much trouble over $10 and tell her I'm cancelling the transaction because she's underaged
>she says ok, goes silent
>get bombarded with messages later on from the girl
>tries to tell me her mother is totally fine with her buying from me and using her paypal
>even tells me she'll give me her mother's FB and cellphone number so I can talk to her
>nope so hard and keep refusing
>girl finally leaves me alone

She wasn't as bad as the first underaged buyer I had for that exact item but damn.
>>
I dunno if this fully counts since its marginally cosplay (for dolls) but hey.
>be beginner seamstress at time
>just finished huge round of drafting and prototyping and have started actually building up a stock to start a store selling cosplay stuff for dollfies
>decide to take bin of test muslins to a meet and see if anyone wants them as freebies
>they're all funky crap fabrics and have unfinished interiors and edges but hey they'd be ok for someone who is waiting for a doll to be shipped and has no clothing for it yet
>there's a new girl at the meet who is eyeing the box
>she asks me if they're really free
>yeah sure take as many as you want
>she proceeds to literally pick up the box and take it
>ok.jpg
>the clothes are not only the wrong size for her dolls but are also all female clothing, where her dolls are all super large males, but hey maybe she's waiting on a new one i dont know about
>a month or so later i see someone post a link to new girls sales thread on a drama board
>entire post is my items
>modeled on her largest manliest doll
>everything is labeled simply by the cosplay its supposed to be followed by my name
>nothing indicating that its a test piece or not finished
>every flaw pointed out and carefully mentioned that it came that way
>every piece being listed at over $10
>entire thread is ripping into me rather than the girl
>can't defend self because i have no feedback on this yet and have basically zero proof
>never end up opening store
>sold all the shit at a doll show a year or so later
idk man im still pissy about it
>>
>>8879982
Aaand that's why you never give away prototype work, anon.
>>
>>8879983
I know better now, but back then I thought it was better than throwing it away, and there were people in that hobby actively giving away shit of similar quality as 'beginner packs'. Hell there's still people in that hobby selling stuff of that quality who have been at it for years.
>>
>>8879982
What a mega bitch, anon. I'm sorry that happened to you.
>>
>>8877227
not a story per se, but i am part of a lot of UK anime/cosplay BST groups on facebook
>80% of members are minors
>said minors don't know how to check a post/album before asking for prices
>they ask to buy good, authentic cosplay/merch with £30 pocket money from their parents
i'm tired of seeing the same shit posted in these groups but honestly there are no better alternatives that i know of
>>
This probably counts more as mail horror but whatever
>reserve dress from well known indie brand
>dress takes forever to ship
>eventually ships and all seems well until
>package arrives and its sunglasses
>shipping label was put on wrong package
>dress now in an entirely different state

I did manage to get the dress in the end but it ended up having to be done through me and the other buyer because the seller couldn't do much.
>>
File: 1442331114453.png (631 KB, 1095x952) Image search: [Google]
1442331114453.png
631 KB, 1095x952
When is it time to stop interacting with a seller?
It's me who bought a dress from PT.

>I suggest "$70 refund or you can get the dress back"
>suddenly receives full refund
>get email from eBay that I can keep the dress because she refused to pay return shipping label
>she waits 2 days before contacting me
>"I couldn't choose partial and was forced to do a full refund, I know you wanted to keep the dress what do?"

I politely informed her that she closed the case by doing that and no one forced her. Now she is talking about how "some people truly deserve a bitch smack or punch to the face" and I have a feeling it is about me.
>>
>>8884130
I didn't know PT was selling stuff. It's her fault for closing the case and not wanting to pay for return shipping.
>>
>>8884130
You're a saint, anon. We all know what PT is like. You deserved a full refund, Pixy is just too busy crying over how unfair the world is to realize how to conduct a proper business transaction.
>>
Does anyone remember that story about an Anon who placed a group Taobao order for her comm and one of the underage members mothers flipped her shit because her daughter bought a dress with upside down crosses on it and demanded the Anon refund her?
>>
File: .jpg (24 KB, 421x399) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
24 KB, 421x399
>>8878530
My boyfriend never leaves feedback or credit. Even though I always try to keep up on it and go out of my way to share links and shit he just logs off and never gives a shit. If I miss one the comm loses their shit but never comments on my boyfriends. I get stress from being the only one held accountable and wonder why men aren't held to the same standards.
>>
>>8884130
So basically you think you should get a free, albeit damaged, dress because the seller made an oopsie by closing the case? What do you plan to do exactly?
>>
>>8884416
She's not saying she's entitled to it. The seller had their chance to get the dress back and refused to pay for the shipping and issued the full refund (either by mistake or not) and then waited TWO DAYS to say something.

By then it's too late and the buyer isn't obligated to give her money or dress back.
>>
>>8878530
You made me go and check that I'd given feedback for everything. My sellers are quietly thanking you.

>bought cosplay on Facebook
>pay in advance so she'd hold it for me untill sell meet
>got flat tire could not attend meet to pick up item
>seller blocked me before I could even message
>>
File: 1304288056234.jpg (29 KB, 337x409) Image search: [Google]
1304288056234.jpg
29 KB, 337x409
>>8884409
I knew it'd happen one day. Fucking hate these horrible mothers.
>>
>be selling DR shit because not into it
>someone can't even afford 27$ USD
>Have to postpone it and then wanted payment plans.
Shit, for fuck sakes, I went all my way out to find a quote and then you quit replying.
That's fine if you can't afford it, but for Christ sake, just tell me you can't.
Can't deal with underage sellers
If you need a Payment Plan for under 50$, fuck off.
>>
>>8884424
Did you at least get a refund?
>>
>>8884427
I'll do you one worse, anon.

>selling old cheap ebay seifuku
>asking $15 for it
>girl messages me asking for pics, sizes, etc
>"Oh well I'll buy it as soon as this sale I'm doing goes through! Please hold it for me!"
>hold it for a week because no one else has offered on it
>remind the buyer that hey, it's been a week
>"Well I don't have the money right now. I'll check back later when I do."
>messages me a few days later to ask how much
>declines again
>messages me a week later, asks if it's still available
>tell her it's $10 now because no one wants it because of small measurements
>"Well let me do some chores around the house and I'll get the money!"
>don't hear anything for days
>"Hey anon can I buy this?"
>reluctant because she's flaked so much but whatever
>"Let me go ask my mom to buy it with her paypal since I don't have my own!"
>couple hours pass
>"My mom pisses me off so bad! She didn't want to log into her paypal even though I gave her the $10!"
>finally nope and tell her no personal paypal account, no sale
>>
>>8884449
And another while it's on my mind.

>trying to sell $75 cosplay
>buyer sounds like she really wants to buy it
>my terms say Paypal Only
>says she doesn't have one but she can get a prepaid card and pay me via paypal through that
>messages me a day later
>"I could only buy a $100 prepaid card and I didn't have that much so I didn't buy it."
>tries to talk me down to $50 so she can afford a prepaid card
>outright tell her no
>says she'll see if her roommate wants to buy something online and get the extra $25 from them
>next day says roommate didn't want to buy anything
>asks if she can just mail me the money or get a USPS money order
>I ain't got time to go to the post office to cash in a money order
>don't want to deal with her if concealed cash goes missing in the mail and she blames me
>have to cancel the sale, lost almost a week of potential buyers to this bullshit

Who is responsible enough to have an apartment these days but doesn't even have a usable bank card or paypal? Seriously.
>>
>>8884416
I plan on doing absolutely nothing. Yes, it feels weird to win the case like this and her way of handling it was horrible. No one forced her to do anything and I might have been more understanding if she would have messaged me asap, instead of making aggressive posts online.
If anything I'm stuck with the dress because international shipping is $41 and none of us are willing to pay that and I don't want to partially pay her back because of her juvenile behavior. Trust me, I tried to be the bigger person but she is really pulling my hair with the lack of respect towards me and false accusations of harrasment.
She is more than welcome to get ebay involved if she is unsatishfied with the outcome of the situation.

also this >>8884423
>>
>>8884423
She never was obligated after pt made the mistake in the first place. But pt did say she made a mistake and wanted to do the partial refund. Now the buyer is being the jerk and thinks they are in the right because accidents.
>>
>>8884493
PT scammed her in the first place. Sold her a 'like new' dress that was covered in stains and cat claw damage and then tried to blame anon for it, saying anon did the damage. Then she refuses to take what she would have given back to the buyer anyway in partial refund and use that towards paying shipping to get her dress back.

If she didn't google how to do a partial refund before she was "forced" to do a full refund, that's her own issue.

Is it kinda crummy that the buyer now has a dress and her money? Sort of. The dress is damaged, stained, and pretty much unwearable unless it's repaired and if you're lucky enough to get the stain out.

Is the buyer obligated by ebay or paypal terms to give the money or the dress back? No.

If this was a brand new quality dress I could see the rage over it but it's a HEAVILY damaged dress and PT harassed anon for faking the damage.
>>
>>8884526
Anon, I know, I followed the situation. Doesn't mean anon should keep the money and run.
>>
>>8884701
But PT should pay for the return shipping which she isn't willig to do herself so why should anon do it.
>>
>>8884701

Then PT shouldn't have been acting like a dumbassand close the case. Tough tits
>>
>>8884714
She was willing to partial refund. Paying for return shipping is a waste of money. Neither party wins with that option.

>>8884723
One dumbass shouldn't be a cause for two.
>>
>>8884427
>>8884449
>selling doll shit
>one item is literally $3 (a basic school style swimsuit)
>i have it already packaged in a plastic lined envelope that will cost $1.50 to ship domestically, so $4.50 total
>potential buyer contacts me
>asks if i can do trades
>for?
>she insists she can make me a lolita dress
>for $3
>she has no examples of her sewing work
>sends me a link to her deviantart instead
>naruto in bad wa-loli
>i also see that she only apparently owns one doll, who is not only male but a super beefy large doll that is nearly twice the size of the one the item is for
>politely decline
>she asks if i will put it on hold for her for a week
>its already been like 3 or 4 days because of her slow replies
>by this point someone else has contacted me and wants to pay immediately
>decline to put it on hold and tell her i've found another buyer
>silence
>figure done is done and ship out to actual buyer
>a few days later buyer contacts me and says i should check my feedback
>crazy trade girl has left negative feedback for 'flaking out'
>have to send screenshots of all the messages exchanged to a mod to prove that at no point was the transaction finalized
>takes another fuckin week because of mods having to 'jointly confer' or some shit over everything
>basically three weeks of my life eaten up over a $4.50 scrap of fabric that barely fits a potato
>>
>>8884423
>it's okay to be a thief!
No it isn't, $10 to stick that nasty dress in an envelope and ship it back sucks but it isn't a major loss to any working adult with a fucking job. Stop being a cunt and dragging out this drama because it's ~*~PT~*~
>>
>>8884459
>Who is responsible enough to have an apartment these days
someone who probably is either in a college dorm or is having their rent paid for by their parents probably. i knew a depressing amount of people when i was in trade school who didn't even have bank accounts because their parents handled all their finances.
>>
>>8885012
international sale, OP mentioned shipping is fucking $40 already. stop being assblasted for somebody else
>>
>>8880474
which brand was it?
>>
>>8885011
>scrap of fabric that barely fits a potato
I cracked up.

Also what is it about doll people that makes some of them so damn crazy?
>>
>>8885302
It's not okay to be a fucking thief. Either dumb bitch ships it back or she gives PT back some of the money. Until then she's a petty ass, entitled thief. Deal with facts.
>>
>>8885487
Are you PT?
Why are you so mad?
PT didn't want to pay for return shipping and closed the case, the dress is probably only worth 40 at this point anyhow because of the massive amount of damage.
>>
>>8885532
>Why are you mad?
Because you're literally defending someone who's stealing.
Are you the girl?
Why are you so defensive?
>>
>>8885537
I don't understand why you think she's stealing?
She paid for the item, it was destroyed, she wanted a refund for that damage.
PT didn't want to pay for return shipping so she closed the case, giving anon the destroyed dress.
Two days later she decides she wants to keep it after all and messages anon even though the deal is already done and finalized.

PT is 100% at fault for the entire ordeal here and if you don't see that then I feel bad for anyone who buys from you.
>>
>>8885554
>gets the refund
>keeps the money
>doesn't send back the dress
>buyer gets both money and dress
How, in your brain, is that not stealing? PT closed the case because she's a moron. It doesn't mean she deserves both her money and dress taken from her. Just because the claim is closed doesn't mean buyer gets to be a shitty person.

And I would be on the side of the buyer if she did ship it back, took a cap of the receipt, and then hollered about the inconvenience and damages.
I would be on her side if she planned to do anything, ANYTHING, to prove she just wasn't out to bone pt out of a transaction because of technicalities.
But she isn't. She wants to make a name for herself in PT drama. And obv if this weren't PT, this would be handled a lot differently than her going back and forth on lolcow and the like with no intention to end this issue.
>>
>>8885487
Consider it this way, anon.

>buy a pair of brand new high heels for $35 from China
>shoes arrive with scuffs and scrapes into the material, shoes smell badly
>tell the seller I want a refund because it's not as described
>seller says the damage is my fault because the listing photo shows no damages like I described
>meanwhile I've put the shoes outside to rid of the smell and can possibly repair the scuffs and scrapes with shoe polish/repairs
>don't want to keep arguing with the seller who claims it's my fault the shoes are damaged
>suggest they either take the shoes back and refund me in full or they give me 75% refund because of all the damage but the shoes still being technically wearable if I fix the cosmetic damages
>seller refuses to pay for me to ship to China which is very expensive
>gives me full refund
>waits two days after the case has been settled and closed
>privately messages me wanting money for the shoes
>tries to claim they didn't intend for me to get a full refund
>refuse because they closed the claim and because of their attitude, I don't want to give them a single cent

Is it the nice Bible thing to do to give them the 25% we discussed previously? Yes.
Would you even bother when you live in a different country and the person called you a liar and refused to take the item back? Probably not.

I've had sellers that have been super polite and refunded me in full for items that didn't show up and asked me "Please if it arrives, let us know so you can pay for it." and when it did weeks/months later, I did pay for the items even though they'd already refunded me and I wasn't bound by eBay terms to pay again.

Would I pay if I was OP? Definitely not. If someone harassed me and tried to claim I heavily stained/damaged a dress I just spent $90+ on, I'd be pissed off and extremely reluctant to have any pity on them for their own fuck up.

This is why it pays to have good customer service.
>>
>>8885575
>I would be on the side of the buyer if she did ship it back, took a cap of the receipt, and then hollered about the inconvenience and damages.
Why should the buyer spend the money to ship it back to PT? She paid for a LIKE NEW dress and got a heavily stained dress with snags in the fabric that can't be repaired.
If PT got the dress back all she'd do was immediately go to sell it again to someone else that didn't know what happened with this transaction.

The dress isn't even worth the shipping costs, otherwise PT would have paid for it to be returned to her.
>>
>>8885578
Most Chinese ebay sellers have it in their ToS that if the buyer requests a refund they have to pay for return shipping.

So, are you trying to say you don't consider reading first and therefore you deserve shit you're not entitled to?
A factory in China is going to give you the refund and won't bother pursuing you to give back the product because they're out a small amount of money, and it wouldn't be worth a negative feedback (even though you are the one technically violating the terms).
PT is an individual buyer.
>>
>>8885583
>Why should the buyer spend the money to ship it back to PT?
Then why not reach a common agreement, like sending PT $20, to fulfill the "partial" refund that PT requested for the item in the first place? Just because you don't want to do shit doesn't mean there aren't options. Even throwing $20 back at her is less of a dick move than giving her nothing.
>>
>>8885591
She was a dick in the first place by sending a heavily damaged, non-repairable dress that she listed as new, and claiming anon damaged and stained it.
If anon did send her money for it I can almost guarantee she'd claim she didn't get it or something equally scammy.
The point is PT scammed this anon hardcore and when she got called out for it she backtracked and tried again.
>>
>>8885596
>She was a dick in the first place by sending a heavily damaged
Two stains and a pull.

We all know PT isn't observant to detail. The pull may be unforgivable, but there's a good possibility she didn't notice the stains on that print which is why she got so defensive and thought the buyer had done it.

Even so, the fact that she sent a damaged dress doesn't mean she should be out both the dress and the money. This is irrefutable.
>>
>>8885600
No, the fact that she refused to pay return shipping and closed the case means she should be out both the dress and money.
>>
File: 1455752183351.png (49 KB, 437x252) Image search: [Google]
1455752183351.png
49 KB, 437x252
>>8885606
>w-w-well she closed the case so that means I keep the money and the dress!

Whatever you say, thiefchan.

You know reviled Kate sent someone an overpriced, stained dress recently too but that buyer managed to resolve the issue in some way. PT already named what she wanted, but you refused that.
Now can you name who you are so I know what brat I have to avoid selling to or buying from, please? Thank you.
>>
File: rRf1Z1R.jpg (106 KB, 1000x554) Image search: [Google]
rRf1Z1R.jpg
106 KB, 1000x554
Here's mine
>Order custom made LL cosplay from eBay
>Seller sends me pictures asking if it's okay if they make the costume like the pictures they sent me in a PM versus the pictures advertised on the eBay listing
>both look fine to me
>wait 5 weeks for the costume to get here from china
>zipper broken
>no straps on the dress and it doesn't stay up
>they sent me a cat tail accessory instead of a devil tail accessory
>whatthefuck
>email the seller, send them pictures
>they refund me 20$
>pay 25$ just to have some asian lady replace the zipper
>add clear straps myself
>don't even like the way the costume fits on me
>mfw
>>
>>8885607
Sounds like Kate actually tried to fix the problem and didn't blame it on that buyer, even paid for cleaning.
PT blamed anon, then refused to pay return shipping on her own dress. Anon was going to ship the dress back but PT couldn't be bothered to pay the high return shipping. Then after it was all done, she waited two days and she emailed again because she decided she wanted the money she refunded.
>>
Not a horror story, more like a "wut" story

>put an AP dress up for sale, $200
>accepting payment plans
>it's not really a popular print, thinking maybe I should lower the price
>suddenly a girl is interested, asks about payment plans
>"Sure paymentplan-chan, how long do you need?"
>"What?"
>"Like, 2 weeks/100$, 3 weeks/66$, etc"
>"Nevermind."

??? I was pretty polite with my comments and was happy to accommodate a payment plan because I wanted to get rid of that dress. I thought it was super bizarre that once I asked her how long she needed she suddenly wasn't interested anymore. One friend suggested that perhaps she thought I was going to just send her the dress and then receive my payments? I'm just not really sure what made her fuck off like that suddenly. What do you guys think?
>>
>>8885614
That's really strange, although IMO anon you should've noped the fuck out of there as soon as they asked "Can I make it like this instead of the photographs I was advertising?" That right there is a red flag to me even if the photo looks fine. That, or you should've asked more questions/for more pictures.
>>
>>8885615
PT said she wanted a partial refund. For reasons PT claimed she couldn't do that and was forced to refund in full. The buyer has the full refund right now.
Obviously PT doesn't want to pay for the shipping because she doesn't actually want the dress back.
So she told anon to keep the dress, and asked for the partial refund.

You don't get to keep the dress just because she doesn't want the dress returned to her. Just throw her the partial money ($30-40, claim damaged and cleaning costs), settle the issue, and then if you hate the damaged piece of shit that much try reselling with damages listed to make up the loss. Which should total out for more than the partial you'd give to PT.

Oh wow, so complicated. You both are absolute morons who deserve each other.
>>
>>8885622
Underaged or just didn't know what a payment plan was, probably.
>>
File: salty seagull.jpg (86 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
salty seagull.jpg
86 KB, 640x480
>>8885627
>You don't get to keep the dress just because she doesn't want the dress returned to her.
So, what?
Should the dress go to a third party?
She doesn't want the dress, anon doesn't get to keep it, so where is it going?
PT didn't even want a partial refund until two days after she closed it.
If she really wanted that partial she should've emailed anon that day and talked to her about the refund. Instead she closed it, left the matter alone for a few days, and then suddenly decided she wanted a payment.
No amount of salt makes this less PTs fault.
>>
>>8885639
>Should the dress go to a third party?
No, like the post said you should either keep it or try reselling it if you don't want it.
>she didn't want the partial until it was closed
And? Just give her some money back so you can wash your hands of this situation you've literally been whining about for over a week now. Giving her back the partial amount isn't going to leave you in the red, especially if you plan to resell.

No amount of your defensiveness makes what you're doing less shitty.
>>
>>8885643
She can wash her hands of the situation by not doing anything, the case is already closed. Trying to get a refund after it's been closed is stupid. Anon is under no obligation to pay her other than ~PT's feelings might get hurt~.

Seriously, calm down.
>>
>>8885625
Yeah, I know I really should've, they played it off as "new design" they were trying out but there wasn't much different so I didn't really care.
>>
>>8885645
>She can wash her hands of the situation by not doing anything

Except that makes her an entitled thief. But okay, we'll just toss that pesky moral compass.
>>
>>8885586
>Most Chinese ebay sellers have it in their ToS that if the buyer requests a refund they have to pay for return shipping.
Which is fucked up because most of the time it costs twice as much to ship it back then what you paid for it. They know that and that's why they put it there so they can send you shit products and you can't send it back.
>>
>>8885645
Not that anon, but I do agree with her. Yes, she has no obligation. But two negatives don't make a positive. Just because she's acting immature doesn't mean you should too.
>>
>>8885653
>Which is fucked up because most of the time it costs twice as much to ship it back then what you paid for it.

Which is nobody's fault but your own the second you commit to buy and agree to that ToS.
>"I just feel like I should get free shit and have no rules or ethic apply to my actions"
>>
>>8885652
She isn't a thief though.
That would require her getting the item and then refusing to pay for it .
She paid for the item, got scammed, and got a refund. She was going to send it back but the seller didn't want it, and didn't want any payment for it.

Two days later the seller decides she wants payment for it even though the matter has been settled by a third party.
And the seller told that third party she didn't want a refund.
She's trying to go around the ToS.

Yeah, Anon shouldn't give that seller a cent back, especially if she treated her poorly and already tried to scam her once.
>>
>>8885622
Probably didn't know what a payment plan was and thought it had something to do with getting the dress for a lower price.
>>
>>8885658
>She paid for the item, got scammed, and got a refund.
>scammed
You don't even know what that word means.
Scammed implies she tried to purposefully fraud you in some way.
>"The stains and the pull, she must have known."
Which has been proven in her words that she wasn't aware of them. She was so stupidly oblivious she thought the buyer did it. Of course she's dumb enough to think it's 'like new,' it's fucking PT. She's barely self-aware of her body, she's not going to be aware of the minute details on her clothes.
Scam implies intent. PT is just stupid.
EVERYONE KNOWS PT IS STUPID.
>"She refunded me while giving me a hassle."
While it's shitty she tried to blame you and gave you a hassle, she gave you a full refund. A scammer wouldn't have given you shit until you escalated through third party and they forced her to.
>"She won't even pay for shipping the dress back."
She gave you the refund, she doesn't want the dress back. She wants some of her money back. She does not want that dress.
>"Then she closed the case and a few days later wanted a partial refund."
So basically she's a broke bitch out her money and a dress, and she was hoping you'd do the right thing. Hell, even if you gave her a third of the money back because of the damages it'd still look better than nothing.
Obviously you can't get away with being a shit, but don't pretend like you'd be losing anything here.

Whether you choose to keep or resell the dress you win by either of the following:
>keep it, you got a dress for about a third of what you paid due to damages and cleaning
or
>resell the dress, you'd make more money on top of the technical third that you paid for it

How do you -not- win besides dealing with typical PT 'tude and having stewed about this for a week? Don't you care about your reputation and how immature this makes you seem?
>>
>>8885670
She did try to purposefully fraud anon by selling her a damaged dress listed as new.

"Waaah she should be forgiven for scamming because shes stupid uwaa"
No, scamming is scamming, she doesn't get a free pass because you think she's stupid.

Also, they did escalate through a third party, paypal, and got the refund that way.
PT wouldn't have refunded her if she hadn't escalated it.

Yeah, she ~won~. She won a damaged dress she doesn't even want now because of all the stress it caused and the damage it has.

Also, this entire time you've acted like I was the hurt party, I have no idea why you seem to think I'm that anon, but hey, guess what?
I'm not.

Just because I think you and your PT fanclub are wrong doesn't make me that anon.
I'm defending her because full retards like yourself seem to think she's a full on cat burglar because she didn't want to keep dealing with a scammer, or at least a stupid seller.
>>
>>8885670
Anon, the person you're replying to isn't even reading/understanding what you're saying. Might as well give up, they can't be convinced.
>>
File: it's all ogre now.gif (429 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
it's all ogre now.gif
429 KB, 300x169
>>8885680
>She did try to purposefully fraud anon by selling her a damaged dress listed as new.

It's like you didn't read what I fucking said.
She's "stupid" as in she didn't realize the damages. She clearly wasn't aware of them.

BUT--since you insist, let's say she wanted to convince buyers it's a "like new" dress:
>you get the dress
>you notice the damages
>you open claim
>you ask for a partial refund and list an amount due to time taken for repairs and cleaning
>PT either accepts or rejects, since she got caught
>if she rejects you escalate--ebay finds you in favor
>if she accepts whoopeee
What do you not get about this? Seriously, how is any of that outside of protocol or unfair?
It's not unfair?
Then the only difference is that it's slightly backwards now and you're the one giving PT whatever residual amount is left since you currently have all the money.
You can't BEGIN to justify those damages as costing the entire worth of the brand dress. You. fucking. can't.
>"I can justify it because she closed the case. NEENER NEENER! I get a free dress!"
Then that makes you a cunt.
A thieving cunt who plays on technicalities.
Hope you enjoyed your five minutes of attention.
>>
>>8877227
>>8879024
This is why I hate selling to children.
>>
>>8885709
>Still being this assblasted

Case is closed anon. Cunt or no, PT only did this to herself, it's silly of her to ask for a payment after everything's been settled. And if she is 'stupid' maybe she shouldn't be selling dresses. You should thoroughly check them before you sell them.

So anon is left with a damaged dress, maybe she should pay a bit back, maybe she shouldnt. Either way, she didn't steal the damn dress so tone it down a little, kay? Maybe take a nap or something? All this rage is bad for your skin you know.
>>
>>8885721
>PT only did this to herself
No, you're doing this to PT.
>after everything's been settled
It wasn't settled. She told you the only way to give you any kind of refund was to refund in full. Her intent was to give you a partial refund for damages yet you're walking away with the money and the kitchen sink because "neener neener, she closed the case."

What is your name, because you should be on a blacklist.
>>
>>8885725
Again, I'm not buyer anon.

And she didn't tell that anon anything until two days after it was done.
Anon isn't in the wrong here at all.
The kind thing to do is refund her 10, maybe 20 dollars, but she is in no way obligated to do so.

Also, why are you so salty about this? Did someone hurt you?
>>
>>8885738
>I'm not the buyer
Yeah, you're just the person who's been defending the buyer's honor for the past few hours calling anyone who says that this is wrong "assblasted."
You might as well be the buyer in the hot seat.
>"b-but she didn't speak up until two days later"
And? Did you piss away all that dress money already to offer whatever residual amount remains after cleaning and damages? Methinks that money is gone and that's why you're insisting this isn't wrong because you couldn't give PT back $10 even if you wanted to do the right thing. No wonder you're buying PT's used brand in the first place, you petty poorfag.
>>
>>8885742
Different anon, maybe because your salt levels are off the charts arguing over dumb shit and samefagging to try to look like there's anyone but you raging over this.
>>
>>8885742
Not the anon you been talking to but it's time to stop. If PT wanted to get her dress back, she would of paid the return shipping but she didn't and instead did a full refund and then messaged the buyer two days later for some money back. That is like I sold something in a store, refused to let the customer return it and pay for the damages, gave her the money back completely, then complain I want some of it back. You just can't do that, either you have no common sense in business skills and practices or are just plain stupid in trying to defend PT and just trying to create more drams since it's PT
>>
>>8885742
Maybe it cost the rest of the money to clean it, maybe she just doesn't want to deal with PT anymore.
Hell, you've been defending PT the past few hours, you may as well be PT then.

>Anon doesn't want to pay something she shouldn't have to
>She must be poor
How's it feel to scam an anon and then whine about not getting 10 dollars back, eh PT?
You must be poor.
>>
>>8885747
>samefagging
How? In between my back and forth there's been at least a few posters in here who have chimed in and said the buyer isn't right.
>"Gosh anon, stop being so salty when you see a thief in action. Liek shut up"
No u.

>>8885748
PT doesn't want the dress. It's so obvious.
She just wants some of her money back.
She'd probably rather get $40 back than pay $40 to get a dress shipped back to her that she has no interest in keeping.
>you're just trying to create more PT drama
Any more than some retarded bitch who's been posting about it for the past week? What lol
>>
>>8885751
You know it's funny, because PT is actually the one who got scammed.
>>
File: fatty throwing salt.jpg (27 KB, 518x600) Image search: [Google]
fatty throwing salt.jpg
27 KB, 518x600
>>8885756
At this point you're either PT, or you're banging PT.
>>
>>8885751
>Maybe it cost the rest of the money to clean it

Dry cleaning isn't that expensive. And AP is machine washable. Even if you had to buy detergent and stain remover for home, cleaning doesn't cost more than $30.
And how much is a pull damage really worth? $15, $20? It doesn't add up.
>>
This thread was fun until it got autistic.
PT is a retard and doesn't deserve asspats for being stupid when any normal person doing that wouldn't give her the money back. She's not being scammed, she's not being stolen from, she's being stupid and getting what she deserves.
Anon is being petty. You can't just give PT back 10$ so she shuts up and is out of your hair?
Both of you should kill yourselves.
>>
>>8885760
>not respecting the queen
What makes you think you can even address me, you greedy uggo skeleton?
>logic and fairness=salt
>>
>Found a decent cosplay in the sales page and figure I can fix it up a bit
>Send a message, ask if I can get it sans wig/shoes
>She's cool with it, I decide to go ahead and buy it, I ask her to send an invoice to me via paypal
>She claims she doesn't know how to, wants me to send money in an envelope, says I'll get my invoice in the package with the cosplay.
>I explain how you send an invoice, she still doesn't understand, keeps saying I'll get it with the cosplay, turns out she meant the receipt.
>I offer to send money using the 'pay for an item' option and tell her to send me tracking when it gets sent out
>Tells me I'll get my tracking in the box.

At this point I figure shes either underage, or up to something so I checked her profile.
She's an anime character, married to another anime character, in high school.
Clearly underage, but I'm determined to get this cosplay.

>I patiently explain how tracking etc works and she seems to get it, so I send the payment
>She gets something saying the payment needs to be held, turns out her account is a few days old and they won't put the money through until I get my tracking and the date its supposed to arrive has passed.
>She tells me she'll send the package, asks me to text her my address
>I text it, turns out it's her dad's number, her dad is sending it for me.
>He proceeds to provided me with a bit of vaguely unsettling text convo, whatever
>Gives me my tracking number, I don't hear from them for a week
>I get the package, cosplay isn't nearly as good as it looked in photos, whatever, it was cheap, I'll use it for patterns
>Get a text a day later, she's wondering about the money, a few minutes later she says she got it
>She asks if I got it, it all fit etc, I text her back
>She texts back asking who it was

I'm never dealing with underage again.
Bonus: I saw a nice Shiro cosplay for sale and considered messaging about it, it was her.
Extra bonus: She's selling the wig and shoes as a cosplay for the same price.
>>
It's time to share my story...Veery long ago (2007 maybe)

>Moved to a new city every 2 years because my dad's job
>Finally he got his final promotion, he's now one of the boss, so no more moving (FINALLY)
>Moving definitely
>New school, new people, neved had stable/durable friends so pretty shy/insecure
>My class is full of preppy girls, except for some girls with weird accesories
>Note: I was on a private girl only school, have to wear uniform etc.
>These girls are a group of weeb, pretty loudly but nice. They're all into anime/manga/yaoi/kawaii stuff
>Linking more Japan for the culture and fashion, I like anime but series like Cowboy Bebop or Monster, not so much into shoujo and school girl general, but wathev, we can still talk about a lot of things. They were very nice people.
>Anime con in 3 months, never went to one, but my friends encourage me to go with them
>Very excited, I don't went out so much, sure this will be funny.
>All them will go cosplayed, I want to do too
>Very little anime/cosplay things these times (at least on my city) so not so much options where to buy. Also don't know so much about it.
>A friend have her old Konata star cosplay
>I watched some episodes with them and laugh my ass off
>Perfect! So I asked if I can buy it from her
>Sure! We agree than cosplay+wig = 100$
>Have the money, why not (Note: not so entitled brat, parents give me 10$ per week and I just save because I never went out, or need anything...)
>Give her the 100$ the next day
>Ok. She will give me the cosplay next day too
>Days passed. I try to reminder her one time every 1-2 weeks.. softly, never demanding, but after 2 months she started to ve agressive about that.
>2 weeks before con, I try to ask her for it, and if she can't give it to me for any reason, can I get my money back?
>HARD-BITCH-MODE-ON
>All them start yelling at me that I'm a nasty girl, a nuisance, and that I was BULLYING and harassing her for asking so much
>What.jpg
CONT
>>
File: t1u9jWH.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
t1u9jWH.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>8885910
(by I'm not so "entitled", I mean "pampered" . Oops.)

>I try to esplain I want my money want
>They...make a cruel smile and say I have no proof
>Even if they were here when I gave her the 100$, they say that's not true. And smile.
>It never happened anything like this in my entire life. At first I felt... like emotionless, like all this was unreal.
>Then when I realize it I was crying all the fucking entire day, feeling trash for next month
>They start bullying me since
(Then I did a crazy thing for vengeance. Well, I lost my mind a bit, never did it again, but God, I was fucking crazy. Sorry about that)

I ended not going to con, and never got the cosplay/ money back.
I started knowing better with the preppy girls of my classroom, hang out with them, and I discovered they where so nice and way more mature than the other weebs. Pretty self-conceited
and pampered, but really nice persons.
>>
>>8885910
>>8885937
>not just going to their parents and telling them their kid stole from you
come on now, anon.
>>
>>8885937
You should have reported to a teacher or something. Or even your parents.

Yeah you've got no proof but your parents could give theirs' a call.

That's so awful, anon, I'm sorry. What did you do to them?
>>
File: iyr18xzFlPopprDNXqDSiWJqqA4.png (61 KB, 226x240) Image search: [Google]
iyr18xzFlPopprDNXqDSiWJqqA4.png
61 KB, 226x240
Recent story!

>be plush maker on etsy
>make my little pony plushies because they're popular and cute
>majority of orders are for fan characters
>get message one day from someone
>typed like they were 14 years old
>used to stupid bronies coming my way anyway, give them a price quote of $175 expecting them to say it's too pricey and leave.
>tell them shipping is charged after the plush is done so i can weight it properly
>they say ok and pay for the plush
>nice ok i didn't expect to actually sell to them so this works out perfectly
>weeks pass, i finish their plush, they're happy with it
>"hey so the shipping is $16, can i have an email address so i can invoice you?"
>client flips their shit at me, says that i'm "pulling their leg"
>"but you agreed to this when i quoted you" "UH NO I DIDN'T"
>it's in the fucking convo
>they demand a full refund despite me finishing their plush already with proof photos
>threatened to "contact their family lawyer" if i didn't refund them
>nope nope nope
>contacts etsy support
>first girl i get thinks that the client is a fucking idiot as well, refers me to higher ups
>higher up pretty much says that i can't keep the plush and their money, also says they're being ridiculous as well
>end up just saying "fuck it" and shipped it off a week ago
>included a note in the box telling them to never contact me again and that they're a shit for not paying for shipping

Usually I have a good time working with clients and I get a good bit of money for it, but christ this was the worst. Who buys a $175 item only to then get pissy at a $16 shipping charge?? Now it's suddenly too expensive for you?
>>
This happened to me so long ago so barely care, but I only thought about it because I recently unearthed the skirt.

>Otakon 2010 or some shit
>See "Lolita Nouveau" skirt (pictured) for sale in AA; I've just gotten into sweet lolita and I had my eye on this skirt
>See seller; tell her I want to buy, she tells me she's out or they're not ready or whatever
>I pay at Otakon and she'll ship it to me the following week. I do.
>A week after Otakon she emails me; tells me that her surger is broken and she can't make the skirt
>like 5-6 weeks go by? Finally I get the skirt
>The print is damaged; there's heavy bleeding on one side
>The thread on the inside hems are all fucked up, looks like what happens when your tension is off and your bobbin goes insane
>Actual fabric is very thin cotton; you can see my petticoats underneath (I wore/wear a combination white/black petticoat and you could clearly see where the colors switched)
>Not lined
>okay.jpg, never say anything about it, probably should have gotten a partial refund or asked her to remake it, but I had already been waiting a long time

I even still have that skirt; I don't even think I could sell it at this point to be honest.
>>
>>8885945
>>8885946
I know, but I was pretty bland and 12 years old, I really didn't want to make some trouble
About what I did, it was pretty fucked up and I still ashamed, better to not know.
>>
>>8885796
Do us all a favor and report her Facebook for being underaged, please.
>>
>>8885963
Sounds like they were hoping they'd get the money and the plushie.
>>
>>8877302
>her mom

Dude, OP sold the shit to a dude.
>>
>>8886124
Actually OP just says 'they' so it could be either one.
>>
>>8885763
>what she deserves
today I bought a detergent from supermarket and it didn't clean as it said on the box! oh god I am scammed! by the way cashier gave me more money by mistake while I was paying but I won't correct their mistake because they deserved to lose money because they are stupid right??? they should've noticed in that moment they gave more money! now it's not my business to correct that mistake and no one likes that cashier anyway uggghhh
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n4kip8Siah1svu8ku.gif (980 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n4kip8Siah1svu8ku.gif
980 KB, 500x281
>>8886157
Literally the most retarded thing I've read up until now.
>>
File: image.gif (1000 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1000 KB, 500x265
>>8886157
>>
>>8886171
its my first time posting this thread. are all lolitas entitled bitches like this? the salt is real.
>>
>>8886165
This is how retarded you sound entire thread.
>>
>>8886157
if a cashier came chasing me for money 2 days later after refunding me for a faulty product, I'd tell them to fuck off, too.
>>
>>8886176
I don't even care about this fucking right vs wrong shit. I came here for mail horror stories and I'm witnessing a constant battle between two retards. Post actual content or get the fuck off the thread. Go to lolcow to post your beef.
>>
>>8886180
and that d make you a jerk and a horrible person. they have right to ask for it. you are faulty and this wont change no matter how much and how loudly you cry
>>
>>8886231
go home PT
>>
>>8886234
go back to jail thief-chan
>>
>>8886231
lol, if she fully refunded it, it's her own damn fault. especially if she didn't say anything for TWO DAYS. i'm not even the buyer in this story.
>>
>>8886253
TWO DAYS OMG TWO DAYS YOU COULD ACTUALLY BE DEAD IN TWO DAYS
EVERYONE KNOWS THAT MISTAKES EXPIRE IN TWO DAYS
THERE IS NO RETURN AFTER TWO DAYS
WOW TWO DAYS
>TWO DAYS
>>
>>8886253
>it's her fault for not responding for two whole days so it's okay for me to be an awful person and keep all the money and the dress

Whatever helps you sleep at night greedchan. And I'll tell you right now a pull damage and a couple stains would not make that dress worthless to merit that attitude.
>>
Sage this abortion of a thread
>>
>>8885421
Small niche hobby with a heavy emphasis on story telling and creativity that makes the collector feel special for the most minimal of efforts. Same reason so many artists are whackadoo.
>>
>>8886258
Mistakes don't expire but the more time you let pass the fix gets more difficult
>>
>>8877227
One time a seller on eBay forgot one whole sock when I ordered a cosplay.
It's not much, but at least it's on topic.
>>
>>8886262
i wasn't even the one that bought the dress. if pt changed her mind after refunding, she should contact paypal and hope for the best. doubt they'll side with her, though.
>>
>>8886409
Or maybe the buyer should grow some integrity and just refund her whatever is leftover from cleaning and repairs to the dress.
I can't believe there are people whiteknighting the buyer about keeping what she realistically isn't entitled to. Like wow. I hope this is elaborate trolling.
>>
>>8886429
i can't believe people are whiteknighting some scammer selling an obviously damaged dress as "like brand new"
>>
>>8886437
>scammed
Yep, this is a troll.
>>
I'm convinced this thread is just a circle-jerk between two trolls who don't know when a joke is beaten to death.
>>
>>8886445

This entire board is a circle jerk.
>>
>>8885968
Ok, I'm going to need some deets here. You can't just tease us like that, I need to know what fucked up thing you did.
Come on, what's the point of being anon if you can't confess?
>>
Two years ago I sold a JM dress to a gull who sent the money as a gift payment. She then claimed that she never meant to send me money and it was a mistake and got her money back. My Paypal has been frozen with a -130 balance for two years now. Every now and then they send letters to my old address threatening to go to court etc. and it's driving the people who live there now crazy but since my account is frozen I can't change the address.
>>
File: killme.png (88 KB, 310x464) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
88 KB, 310x464
>be me and trying to get rid of old bodyline dresses
>sell one that was a gift
>sold it to a newbie for more than what it was worth on accident

i dont know if prices changed on the bodyline website but i couldve sworn this dress was worth more than what i charged her and i feel like shit. i want to give this girl back the extra amount but how can i do that without seeming like a scalper bitch?
>>
>>8886652
Well, she bought it from you anyway so that means she thought it was worth the price. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If you feel really guilty about it, just explain what happened and ask if she would like the extra amount back. No one would accuse you of being a scalper when you voluntarily offer to give her back some money when you technically have no obligation to do so.
>>
>>8886644
How in the hell can you claim "I didn't mean to send this money!" on a gift payment and win? Did you show them the screenshots or what?

Also why are they threatening you if they got the money back?
>>
>>8886627
Seconding this. I need to know.
>>
>>8886903
I think anon meant Paypal was sending the letters to the old account holder, because they're out 130$.
>>
>>8886652
Just say that it's to cover your shipping cost or something. Besides, they already bought it. It's not like somethings don't sell for more than retail. Granted Bodyline usually doesn't sell for more than retail. It's her own fault that she didn't check.
>>
>>8885652
You're on fucking /cgl/. Stop being a little bitch, and get with the program. If PT couldn't do thirty seconds of Googling, she deserves the loss.
>>
File: IMG_1744.jpg (238 KB, 1242x1717) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1744.jpg
238 KB, 1242x1717
>>8884130
Wait how did anyone interpret this as me wanting to steal? I ASKED "When is it time to stop interacting with a seller?" because of her shitty behavior. I haven't heard back from her since my last message even though she have been active.

>I plan on doing absolutely nothing.
Still goes. If she isn't responding I don't really want to keep messaging her.
>I don't want to partially pay her back.
I really don't want to- but I don't want my own feedback score ruined either. I'm not going to guide her through it so if she even want any money back at all, actually telling me would be a big help and not just "what should we do?". I would be very happy to keep both money and dress, that would be a nice gesture on her part but if she isn't satisfied with it, SHE needs to say something.

I personally think she might have done it on purpose, because the case was closed 1 day before we could get a person from eBay involved and messaged me not long after I had left feedback. It took her so long to get back to me that I thought it wasn't a mistake and left a neutral.

Someone mentioned name dropping, sorry if you thought of it like that, it's more of a warning since she has 100% positive feedback. I get that "hurr you shouldn't have bought from her in the first place", Lolcow or not I trust someone with a good feedback score. I also moved the conversation here since it's not much about her anymore and talking about what I should do in the situation wouldn't be board relevant.
>>
>>8886662
>>8886949
>blaming newbies for scalping practices
>>
>>8887209
>dress was sold for $90 with $115 after shipping
...you kind of got what you paid for. I could see her lowering the price to $70 but for fuck's sake it's not like she sold it to you new for $200.
>>
>>8886903
I think she got the money back from her creditcard company but my paypal balance at that time was 0 so paypal took 130 from my account but didn't get any actual money. I did show them screenshots and the tracking number but because it was a gift payment they didn't do anything for me.
>>
File: IMAG1968_1.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1968_1.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
I'm still salty as hell about this. Especially when I see the girl posting on cof all the time.
>buy op from Lolita in a sales fb page
>agree a price of £45 for the op
>She ships it out that day
>expect it to arrive within a few days
>takes over a week
>op arrives...
>postman hands me a half assed taped up plastic bag with a big gaping hole in the side of it
>op has a hole in it, toothpaste on the front, cat hair all over it.
>>
>>8889298
wow, that's really shitty of her to pack it like that and really shitty of the postal services to allow that to even be shipped.
>>
>>8885968
Come back and tell usss
>>
>>8886183
seconding
>>
>>8885709
How do you know she wasn't aware of the damages? It seems strange to take that stance when PT obviously had to in order to sell it
>>
>>8884526
>If she didn't google how to do a partial refund
You don't even need to google it. Unless they've changed the format in the last couple of months, when you go to "refund", it opens up a page with "amount paid" and a box for you to put in how much you want to refund. I think it fills it with the total by default, but you can easily write in a different amount before clicking confirm.
>>
>>8891571
It's that simple? Are we underestimating her? Keeping in mind that all her jobs have been in retail she should have been able to figure this out or contact ebay. She is not stupid, just delusional. But I have no idea what good refunding the full amount would do if she actually had a plan.. maybe the buyer just really put up a fight.
>>
>>8884796
PT gets to deal with paying for return shipping because she's the idiot who sent out a severely damaged dress and falsely advertise it. Sounds fair to me.
>>
I do commissions and only have so many spots open due to health and being a student. Right now I've got someone drawing shit out for fucking ever cause she's got to ask her boyfriend if she can use his paypal to pay. Should I keep one spot in limbo or just tell her to hit the bricks?
>>
>>8891683
Tell her she's shit out of luck, anon. She needs her own paypal and if she gets upset, tell her it's for your own security because the boyfriend could claim he never authorized the payment to scam you out of your product and your money.
>>
>>8886398
im sorry for your misfortune but this made me giggle.
>>
>>8891693
I never thought of it that way. Thank you I will do that.
>>
Nothing majorly crazy

>Using new agent(Mistertao) for huge taobao for small discount from being referred
>biggest haul ever, which one item of choice is a bokken for a cosplay
>giant ass box finally arrives
>After going through the entire box, sorting all items
>Realize bokken is missing
>Rip apart the entire box to make sure it wasn't stuck behind folds, no holes or damages on the outside either
>Disgruntled, decide to message agent about missing item
>They swear up and down that they packed said item into package
>No freaking way they did, so no other explanation than that they really did forget to pack it
>Offer me $2 refund, decline because whatever don't plan on using them ever again
>>
>>8891747
>bokken
It might have been removed/destroyed by customs. Some wood sorts can't be imported
>>
>>8891747
Another story I have is about getting scammed

>Really into high waisted shorts, decide to buy some "neato looking" designed ones on etsy from a seller
>Never bought on etsy, seller doesn't have any feedback but shows pretty detail pictures
>Buy a pair of shorts, she says she is having offer for code to get two free pairs with your order
>Someone order gets up to $66, says I will get discount after I pay or something
>Tells me not to use paypal
>Yes I was fucking stupid and went thru with this
>Says she will send shorts out the next day
>3 days goes by and I hear no msg back
>Go to msg her
>Store is closed, username is deleted.
>After many msgs with customer service I get my money back thank god

Moral is I know never to buy from a store with no feedback or use a credit card..
>>
>>8891756
Right I forgot about that, customs didn't include anything on my package about removing anything and it didn't look like my package was opened when I got it.
>>
>>8885537
Jesus christ you're all so fucking dramatic, it's hilarious that you're bitching to someone about their morals on the fucking internet.
>>
>>8891768
They won't include anything. God you sound stupid.
>>
i'm having a personal horror story right now because my credit card got skimmed and now my CC company is charging back every overseas charge on the card. i'm worried that i'll have to contact every seller in order to refund them if their disputes don't get accepted. do CC companies really do this? they won't even send me a transaction list because they already closed the account. are the sellers going to blame me and ban me? i'll pay them back! i just don't know how this works, or how to stop my cc company.
>>
>>8892259
>boohoo internet isnt real

yes grandma, yes it is
>>
>>8892264
Call them and tell them you need to go over legit purchases that need to remain charged. Tell them it's important because your side business needs the items, and places like Japan you can get permanent banned for a charge back.
>>
>>8892259
Except for the person she's stealing from, that's not just the internet to them. Stop defending your indefensible actions by saying others are just overreacting.
>>
>>8892261
Different anon, but they're stupid for not knowing that customs won't notify you that they've removed something? If they're an American, I wouldn't be surprised that they don't know that. God you sound like a cunt.
>>
>>8892261
You sound like a bitch. In my country customs will absolutely put a sticker on the package saying that it had been opened, much less that they had taken something out of it. Clean the sand out.
>>
>>8892261
Not sure where you live, but I'm pretty sure in the US CBP is required to notify you if a package has been inspected/detained/seized. I've had packages stickered with "INSPECTED" before. Even when my suitcase is opened at the airport, they include a letter inside alerting you to the fact.

>>8892264
Who is your cc company? They most certainly should not be initiating chargebacks on transactions without your permission. Usually when a transaction is under suspect, the cc company places the transaction on hold and calls you to verify. Definitely give them a call because initiating a chargeback can absolutely get you blacklisted with a merchant.
>>
>buying BJD shit from Etsy
>purchase a pre-made skirt in mid Feb
>seller should have shipped it out in 3 days
>20 days later, seller messages me a copy paste message saying they'll ship it out that day
>3 days later nothing is sent
>message asking where my shit is and get no response
>3 days later seller says she's shipped it
>check the tracking, just says label made
>days later it's finally picked up by USPS
>takes a week to go 3 states

When I got the item it was thin as paper and looked like it was made from the wrist of a jacket sleeve. I bought a custom item the same day and it got there 2 weeks before this piece of shit skirt did.
>>
>>8893834
Do you remember the seller?
>>
>>8893906
MonstroDesigns. Didn't realize they had a bad reputation when I bought the item.
>>
>>8893408
Someone's favorite movie is Mean Girls, come up with better insults.
>>
>>8885656
How can you argue for the sanctity of the TOS whilst saying PT doesn't have to adhere to them?
>>
>>8886231
They actually really don't have the right to ask for the money back. This is a really clearly defined legal area. Once money has changed hands, it's final. Neither party has the right to change the terms of the sale after the sale, It's the responsibility of both parties to check prior to completing the sale. This also means shops aren't legally obligated to fix shortchanging you once you leave the store btw.
>>
>>8889298
If this is UK sales please contact the mods, there's already enough tat and overpriced brand on there I don't want to factor in toothpaste stains and cat hair too.
>>
>>8885487
So, forgive me for intruding where I'm not necessarily welcome, but I but a lot of Surplus. Sometimes I do but from overseas, usually Russia. More than a few times, I've gotten gear that was absolutely trashed. The seller will typically take responsibility and refund me (assuming I can get ahold of them), and fully acknowledge that the price of overseas shipping would be damn ridiculous, and will either send me a second item, or just refund me wholesale, simply for the fact that they don't want to lose business. It's not theft, the reality of the matter is that the seller sold a product with a false description. There's no obligation to return it, especially if the buyer is expected to pay return shipping.
>>
>>8885964
why was i disapointed that upon opening the image, that mootykins face wasnt shooped on it.
>>
>>8885937
>>8885968
This is an anon board
Just tell us what you did
>>
>>8885968

You can't leave us hanging like that!
>>
>order from LockshopWigs
>no product
>send email
>no answer
>send three more emails over a couple of weeks
>still no answer
>message Choke on FB
>read but no reply
>message Choke on her private profile
>read but no reply
>mfw still no wig
>>
>>8903069
They're fucking terrible and the wig you were gonna get would have been even more fucking terrible than their customer service. Do yourself a favor and get a refund you'll be thankful in the long run. Put that money towards a quality wig or shit, even a cheap ebay wig seeing as the ebay wig I bought for $10 is just as good of quality as my two lockshop wigs.
>>
>>8903069
Lockshop has jumped the shark and Choke is a scammer.
>>
>>8903069

This isn't the first time I've heard this happen, what went wrong with them?
>>
>>8903086
this is OT but do you have any ebay shop recs for lolita wigs?
>>
>>8903086
I'm the poster you replied to, I have a bunch of LS wigs from earlier orders and love them, which is why I gave her the benefit of doubt and ordered again despite people complaining recently. My mistake.
Since then I've started to read her profile and she posts selfies and cat pictures all the time while claiming she can't send out orders because she's too sick, but one of my friends had a similar problem with her and she apologized and said the person responsible for shipping (as in, not her) messed up.Which is it, Choke?
>>
>>8903233
I think that's the problem with LS and why people still think that it's good. Their wigs used to be quality, but have definitely nosedived into shit territory. Choke is a scammer and I would honestly just open a case if you payed with paypal. You're not ever getting your wig.

>>8903186
And desu, it depends on the kind of wigs you're looking for. Most of the time, I just look at a shop and if they have 99%+ positive feedback they're usually pretty good quality. I avoid anyone with lower than 99 feedback since their wigs are probably shit. Obviously the price you pay with shipping also says a lot about quality. As far as specific shops though, I don't.
>>
I always thought it was peculiar how Choke is getting away with being a scammer with relatively no noise in the community.

Whereas I remember the "watermelon" scandal with GLW over a drag queen posing with a wig for what people argued was a racist picture, and that was btfo'd for weeks with secrets and all. I don't remember GLW ever having scammer accusations, but their customer service has always been notoriously thought of as shit.

Why the double standard?
>>
>>8903249
I never saw why it was racist
It just was a ugly picture
>>
>>8903254
Even the drag queen requested the picture taken that way. I don't understand it either, but I remember that being a big deal on facebook and here.
Whereas someone can actually do something illegal and get away with it and...jack shit happens I guess?
>>
>>8903249
I reckon its probably just because she's been around for so long as a person before her "business", that she's got this huge following that doesn't see Lockshop as a business. I mean, I used to be exactly like her followers and think she could do no wrong up until like last year.
>>
>>8903249
because she's been popular since way before LS and appears pretty professional unless you actually buy from her, and even then most people seem too far up her ass to do anything. At this point though I'm surprised there hasn't been any legal action or at the very least some callouts.
>>
>>8903302
>>8903249
>>8903069
daily (more like monthly) reminder that I'm gathering info to make a case against lockshop/choke, please send me stories/screencaps/order numbers at above e-mail
>>
>>8904156
not that anon, but do you have a collection of all the proof somewhere? I'm dying for more info.
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (21 KB, 489x215) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
21 KB, 489x215
>>8903069
is it me or does she always post excuses as soon as someone talks about her on cgl? I noticed the same on lolcow, someone complained about not receiving an order and within minutes, Choke posted excuses on her FB.
>>
>>8904299
>I'm moving! Have fun trying to find me now, bitches!
>>
>>8904299
>is it me or does she always post excuses as soon as someone talks about her on cgl?

Before she became really popular on facebook she used to trip/drop trip here and argue with anons and say how they're just out to get her. Obviously she stopped doing that to save some face, but she most certainly lurks here.

Also I thought she was no longer in charge of Lockshop and that the Lolita Collective had taken over new orders? Why does that status read like she's seriously still handling anything? She needs to go away or refund peoples' money stat.
>>
>>8885709
I feel like you have aspergers. My husband gets super salty about meaningless shit just like this. Do you have aspergers anon?
>>
>>8904274
I'm collecting it on my hard drive for now but I suppose I can make a collage for secrets or something if people are interested... problem is, most people can't be fucked to find screencaps or email me directly.
it's basically just the repeating pattern of
>somebody orders
>waits 2 months, 0 response after messages
>public message
>'HI WE'RE SO SORRY WHAT'S YOUR ORDER NUMBER'
>reply
>radio silence

>>8904299
someone should report her for fake name and see her freak out if fb closes the account...

>>8904427
lolita collective only deals with US orders
>>
>>8904586
>gulls
>not just arguing about shit just because they can
Are you going to quote the other buyer who's being spergy about not knowing how to deal with their own transaction too?
>>
>>8902995
>>8903055
>>8886627
>>8889387
Ok. Sorry for interrupt the Choke drama but:

>These girls were in their volley training
>I go into the locker/dressing room
>Stole their backpacks
>run
>throw them onto the dumpster
>throw some oil/fuel I take from dad's garage
>ignite a paper and trhow onto the dumpster
>fire.jpg

I went too far with the fire because it burns so strongly and firefighters had to came to extinguish the flames. I know I acted like a crazy fuck.
About the girls they knever knew her stuff was burned, they just denounce someone stole their backpacks with her smartphones and wallets.
>>
>>8904650
Dude that's fucking awesome.
>>
>>8904590
>someone should report her for fake name and see her freak out if fb closes the account...

done and done. I'm petty as fuck but I don't really care desu
>>
>>8904650
High five anon!
>>
>>8904299
This is because Chokelate has actually been proven to shitpost there while she should really be taking care of her business.
>>
More sales comm related:

>banned a member last year from sales comm because they were continuously flaky, received multiple complaints from many people as well as asking entitled.
>Messages me a few weeks ago "hey anon, please let me back in I'm so sorry for what I did."
>Talk it over with other admin
>They tell me the banned user just backed out of handful of sales a few days back in another group.
>tell her "final decision is no, sorry about that"
>"Why? What did I do wrong? I wont do it again!! Can I change your mind?"
> "Decision is final."
>starts getting sassy with me and telling me I'm a horrible bully.

Sometimes I think I'm being too harsh on members but we already try to have a strike policy. Do anons think not allowing the person to rejoin is too much?
>>
>>8904650
yep, you went full cray

Did you get away with it, too?
>>
>>8907055
of course it's justified. if someone constantly flakes and backs out there's no guarantee they'll change their ways. you did good.

on another note, what do some people think of roleplay accounts being allowed to join/sell in BST groups? someone posted something really nice but they are an account for some hetalia character or something, and my gut instantly tells me not to trust them because they aren't actually using a solid identity.
i mean what if they somehow get banned but join with another RP account and pull the same shit?
>>
>>8885963
Hey can I see your work? I'd like to see your pone plushies. I might buy one.
>>
>>8907107
Absolutely not. Real account or no go.
>>
>>8904590
I'm interested, please make that collage.
>>
>>8907107
I usually post my sock but will link to personal feedback page once the conversation have moved
>>
>>8904650
You should have taken the money out of the wallets too!
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.