[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 1448071532039.jpg (84 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1448071532039.jpg
84 KB, 720x480
New thread time!

COF thread:
>>8869390
Draw thread:
>>8863140
Frilly feel thread:
>>8864540
Old thread:
>>8869637
Dream Dress thread:
>>8848329
>>
>>8875967

Brolita thread:
>>8873063
Gothic thread:
>>8863755
Meltia thread:
>>8862232
Lolita in the workplace thread:
>>8875461
Bodyline thread:
>>8859383
>>
What do you do when you want to buy a certain dress but you can't quite bring yourself to buy it? I want this dress and have wanted it forever but now it's for sale I'm not entirely sure. It would fit in with the rest of my wardrobe.
Should I just buy it anyway in case I regret not buying it?
>>
>>8875980

I'd probably snag if you can. To me it hits the main points of why I'd get a dress

>wishlist dress
>goes with wardrobe
>on sale

I'm sure you can still resell it if it doesn't work out.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 640x227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 640x227
Why do people do this? Newbies especially.
>I know it's a bad idea to order from here, but I already ordered anyways instead of ordering from one of the hundreds of reputable shops! Is it okay? (*^_^*)v"
>>
>>8875993

idk. Maybe they're just young. It's harder to tolerate older people using emoticons.

As for the site, I can kind of understand since Milanpoo tends to use generic names and some names sound alike, such as mylolitadress and lolitadress (the former being the taobao retailer).
>>
>>8875993
didn't Lor review devilinspired? They sent her a dress or something?
>>
>>8875999
Oh I just threw that in there to be sarcastic lol. The actual post is in the pic related. There are lots of people that should know better that drop $80-$120 dollars on Milanoo trash (and insist on doing this) when that could get them something quite nice from Taobao or a great second hand brand dress.
>>
>>8875993
I'm guessing because newbies tend to come in with this attitude like they know everything. Also, people in general have an attitude of "oh, it'll never happen to me!". There's something sketchy and they aren't sure if they should try it or not, but they will decide to just to see what happens. If she saw that .co.uk was the scam site, I'm assuming that on the .com version she saw a dress she really really liked and went against her own judgement because a different part of her mind wanted to believe that .com was a totally different website and would send her the item she wants.

It's whatever. She'll learn her lesson once she receives a piece of shit or everyone lets her know that it isn't he best dress, and figures out that she just wasted money she could've saved to buy something nice.
>>
>>8876017
oh, I'm really out of it. For some reason, I thought it was part of the photo.

>>8876005
yee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEkcO--ImI
>>
I really don't know how to handle the revelation that the new classic AP dresses are the price of a plane ticket to Japan. I was even more excited for this year now they'd gone full blown classic but its official I won't be getting my gnarly paws on those pieces fit for royalty even once they go up second hand the bidding prices will be enough to put a dent in a family's savings fund for years.
>>
Did no one get the new donut print? I found it pretty ugly but a lot of anons were excited in the last thread, yet no one was liveblogging about what they got like typical hypes.
>>
>>8876098
Someone got it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BB_fbMEp4eA/
>>
>>8876105
Lol it's so skeezy he is asking for $10,000 as a gofundme for his supposedly struggling family (his mom quit her job just because she felt like it, according to him) and could spend $300 on this release while screaming how poor he is. Instead of, you know, helping his starving family, and not asking the internet to support them.
>>
File: 1375271707557.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1375271707557.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>8876105
How fucking shameless do you have to be to beg for money when you're throwing hundreds of dollars around on luxury shit?
Any reasonable, responsible person would sacrifice a bit and help out their families. Then again, this is the person who supposedly fled to Japan to avoid student loans.
>>
Why is the lolita side of cgl dead, what happened?
>>
>>8876105
Lol what a pathetic shitstain for a human.
>>
>>8876105
holy shit, he bought a dress ugly enough to match his shitty personality!

>>8876153
just very little drama and way too many consecutive angelic pretty releases right now. It'll speed back up when the successor to the famewhore throne makes her first big appearance.
>>
File: 1456013415440.jpg (863 KB, 1192x1598) Image search: [Google]
1456013415440.jpg
863 KB, 1192x1598
Hello,
I was practicing some PS skills with an image I found on this board. I won't use it anywhere but thought I'd post it here incase the subject of the photo drops by.
>>
>>8876206
>are those drops tears of PS? can't you see that is is in pain?
>>
Has anyone ever bought from CDjapan before? I'm looking to buy a bolero from Maxicimam and I don't think they ship internationally from their main site and their Rakuten store has turned into a blank page of 'this item not currently listed'
>>
>>8876208
Meow!
>>
>>8876209
I've used them for magazines and figures before. They're reliable. Though if you're looking to dodge customs, I don't think they mark down packages.

But no, Maxicimam doesn't ship internationally from their main site. Just Rakuten.
>>
>>8876209
I have a friend who bought something (not Lolita) from CDjapan in December. It was supposedly shipped but she hasn't received it yet, although it could be stuck in customs.
>>
File: 027_GLE.jpg (124 KB, 705x1023) Image search: [Google]
027_GLE.jpg
124 KB, 705x1023
>>8876130
>>8876105
This is so embarrassing. I can't believe that he won't help out his family. He is the exact opposite of a dutiful son, it's pathetic.

On topic just so I won't get b&:

What are you all doing/wearing for your Easter meetups?
>>
>>8876209
I've been buying non-clothing items fom CD Japan for years. They don't park packages down, but they are a reliable shop. Lots of different shipping options. I once had a thick art book arrive in 4 days (and over New Year at that).
>>
>>8876153
cosplayers ask the same thing about why the cosplay side is dead.

your perspective is skewed, that's all.

meanwhile, be the change you want to see. post about things you are interested in. give concrit and help to those who ask. encourage your friends to post. (if your don't have friends who are okay with /cgl/ then reevaluate your life choices.)
>>
File: 8619_C.jpg (67 KB, 560x840) Image search: [Google]
8619_C.jpg
67 KB, 560x840
Nothin' to do with nothin', but for some reason I never get sick of Alice themed cords. I've been into Lolita since 2008 and the Alice theme still hasn't lost it's charm for me. I know it looks costumy but for some reason I like it anyway.
>>
hey guys, i'm trying to upload jpgs and pngs to lacemarket and it's not having a bar of it. any tips for how to get lacemarket to accept my upload?
they're small images too.
>>
>>8876308
Sometimes, the server just shits itself. Wait an hour or two and try again. If that doesn't help, try using a different computer/device to create your listing.
>>
>>8876308
I usually just change the file name. It wasn't accepting perfectly normal PNG's for me until I did that.
>>
>>8876043
With that review devilinspired looks more like a TB reseller than a Milanoo storefront.
>>
>>8876153
I come here erry day, at least twice a day due to my commute - it's not dead.
>>
>>8876206
Unsure about what you did and do you have the original? I can see you cut her out and then colored her hands red, why??
Also you gotta improve that type fave and not use such blaring colors.
This is better suited on the graphic design board and not here.

Unless you're the resident bored housewife shitposter.
>>
>>8876410
I think so too. The one in the review has the url that ends in dot com and the one listed with the UK domain is supposedly the Milanope storefront, according to sitejabber.
>>
>>8876128
Wait, did his Mom quit her job just for kicks or health reasons or..?
What is the main reason for his family needing money?
>>
>>8876451
Aw. I forgot the ol' lj page.

http://egl.livejournal.com/18033026.html

It's definitely the uk domain.
>>
>>8876458
She quit because it got "too hard."
>My mother has recently quit her job a few months ago due to the ever growning stressful work environment. This was mainly caused by new management with stricter rules and more workload.

The main reason is apparently only his father works and supports his mom and sibling and they are basically starving. So it's like, totally reasonable for him to ask for the internet to give them $10,000 while he blows $300+ on each new AP release in the meantime and doesn't give them a cent. It's all on his gofundme page he has been spamming the crap out of.

Apparently he is also 31 years old.
>>
>>8876504
>Apparently he is also 31 years old.

what the fuck

at least PT goes out and tries to find a job, even if they're crappy retail ones
>>
>>8876230
Seriously.

My comm's going to be too busy for anything next month, but soon after Easter, a local uni is doing a production of Alice in Wonderland, so I hope we can do a Mad Tea Party themed meet and see the show afterward.

I have a black and white trump themed dress from Meta, but desu, I'd rather wear something for springy and Alice like.
>>
Super Carly 64 uploaded a Lolita ASMR spoof. very funny!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXn_3fmEQx0
>>
File: lel.png (206 KB, 396x380) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
206 KB, 396x380
>>8876545
>>
>>8876545
Stop shilling your stupid ass parodies Carly and go back to lolcow where you belong.
>>
>>8876545
>spoofing ASMR
>still get tingles

It feels wrong somehow but I'm not gonna say no.
>>
>>8876545
I lost it at the "candle" part, thx carly
>>
>>8876105
>>8876128
This is why I'd never donate to a lolita for any reason. We're in an expensive hobby and it's too easy to fake some mysterious illness or wailing you're close to being homeless while sinking that mysterious $348 into some purchase. Be an adult and take care of your own ailments and stop passing it off to strangers in hobbies you're in.
>>
>>8876575
go away
>>
>>8876255
Oh man, that's the most beautiful Alice dress I've seen and I don't even like Alice dresses. Does anyone know where this dress is from?
>>
>>8876545
God, I can't stand ASMR videos and even the spoof one bothers me.
I seriously don't understand how people find them relaxing, all the little noises just put me on edge.
>>
>>8876763
Same, I browse youtube so infrequently that I didn't even realize this was a thing until today so I went cruising for actual videos and...fucking why
>>
>>8876763
>>8876766
It's just a physical/psychological response that people have to certain stimuli. Chill.

You might also have misophonia, which is almost like the opposite to ASMR. Some people are just really sensitive to noises in a way that makes them respond negatively.
>>
>>8876771
>misophonia
>>8876766 here, that makes a lot of sense considering I have this lmao
>>
>>8876748
Pretty sure it's Innocent World w/matching apron:
http://www.lolibrary.org/apparel/tiered-alice-op
>>
>>8876517
>a local uni is doing a production of Alice in Wonderland
My little brother's high school is doing an Alice in Wonderland show around then too! I've never done an Alice coord before despite being so into Alice in Wonderland during my scene phase and I've never been so fucking tempted.
It's obviously in bad taste to dress like the main character from a play to the play, so I won't, but still. I'm also slightly tempted to make a IW-style dress in royal blue to show support since he's playing the caterpillar.
Or just be basic and wear florals or a nice shirt and heels.
>>
>>8876153
Not sure about about other anons, but I've shifted a bit to lolcow for the moment to follow the Venus happenings.
>>
>>8876545
I have to go light my own candle now.
>>
>>8876209

CDjapan is reliable, bought from them many times, including clothing items. they indeed don't mark down.

btw, if you're possibly looking for a bl x wh plussize bolero, I've got one for sale
>>
I want to order some things from moon afternoon but I can't figure out if the stuff on their website is in stock or it is MTO or..? I would ask my shopping service but she complains when she has to figure things out from me..
>>
File: 12285_900.png (103 KB, 220x340) Image search: [Google]
12285_900.png
103 KB, 220x340
I just recently started to build a gothic lolita wardrobe and I'm looking for more casual stuff like cutsew dresses, but the ones I find are too sweet. Do gothic brands not tend to make them? If I get a cutsew dress in black from a sweet or classic brand could it still 'count' as gothic lolita?
>>
>>8876908
As far as I can tell it's MTO with the next orders in March

>>8876963
Yeah, gothic brands don't really do cutsew dresses. Gothic is a combination of dress style, how the dress is styled, and the colour - for example, your pictured dress in black x white styled in a gothic way with a black circular headdress with veil, ringlets, smoky eye/dark lip makeup, coffin bag, black wrist cuffs, white OTKs and black mary janes would be unquestionably gothic; with a small headbow, looped pigtail braids, 'natural' makeup, black satchel bag, white lace tights and black heeled oxfords it would lean to the classic side.
>>
>>8876230
Feeling pissed off because I'm missing a major meet (probably the biggest that comm will hold outside of ILD) because I can't afford the travel expenses and time right before exams. Going to a much smaller meet with a nearer comm but it's nothing exciting.

After two years obsessed with wintry colours and fabrics like velvet, I've finally changed tack and got into light, summery outfits. I have so many spring and summer outfits planned and I just want a chance to wear them, damnit.
>>
>>8876255
Ohh, that's so nice worn! I saw that set on auctions recently and passed it over in because the price was high.

I'm really into Alice stuff but I don't look great in sax and I'm picky about which themes I enjoy. Like I love the character of Alice herself but I don't like the Mad Hatter or Cheshire Cat, or card themes. There's so many other themes you can pull out of the book that it's not really a problem though. I want more prints featuring Alice.
>>
>>8876963
Mostly, they don't make these, sorry. AatP have done a few 'cutesew dresses', but they're pretty uncommon. A more 'casual' gothic look will lean more towards dark classic/ classic-gothic hybrid outfits as a whole. Like >>8876974 says, the cut and the styling is a factor in what makes an outfit gothic. IW do some wonderful pieces that work beautifully in less OTT gothic outfits, but as a whole, they end up very smart looking more than 'casual'.
>>
>>8876545
Apparently this came about because some anon posted Jillian's ASMR wand collection video (that was made like 5 months ago) on lolcow and Carly made a parody within hours
>>
>>8876209
It's reliable, but as other anons pointed out they don't mark down the packages and they tend to take ages to actually send your stuff out. My dress has been shipped out only yesterday while I bought it over two weeks ago.
>>
>>8875980
Do it! I have passed up on a few opportunities like this and regretted it. Right now it's on sale and you will get it brand new. Otherwise you will pay a similar price for secondhand once it's sold out.
>>
>>8877029
Lor and Venus have made ASMR videos too anon. Carly didn't really reference anything about Jillian in her video so I don't think that's it, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>8876963
Yeah it's not really a thing gothic brands tend to do. You may be better off searching for cutsew dresses that have a Wednesday Addams kind of look to it. You may be interested in AP's celestial cutsew or AATP's Maria Ribbon.
>>
>>8877029
I thought it was a Lor parody bc a shit ton of stuff related to Lor's ASMR vids.
>>
>>8876771
Jesus stop trying to classify everything, this isn't fucking tumblr. Those ASMR videos are just fucking stupid, they're like "look ay lil mama let me wispher in dat ass hole ... while I put my hands in some cringly shit". It's like people be thinking their cats or some shit always playing with crinckly shit.
I get liking chill soft noises, but then why not turn on an amazon noise CD then? Rather than have some random YouTube person whisper person while you jerk off to it.
>>
>>8877233
Holy shit just because you haven't heard of it until it got popular on YouTube or whatever shit doesn't mean it's
>TUMBLR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

Not that anon but it's a thing. Not saying that people on YouTube are fucking weird about it but it's literally been a thing since before YouTube.

I don't understand why you're so butt blasted right now, you look like a gigantic retard.
>>
File: gallery_002.jpg (136 KB, 962x581) Image search: [Google]
gallery_002.jpg
136 KB, 962x581
Does anyone know an European shop or webshop that sells loliable homewear and pjs?
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x600
Ok gulls. I'm doing it. I'm buying my first JSK to coord. Pic related.

My best friend has been doing lolita for 2 1/2 years now and she's gonna be helping me coord it and stuff but I want cgl's opinion too.
>>
>>8877318
Work on some of your own ideas and then head to the coord help thread >>8835695
>>
>>8877240

>ASMR existed before youtube
>the contemporary history of ASMR began on 19 October 2007
>Youtube was founded on Valentine's day 2005

Stop trying to make ASMR a legitimate thing, it will never be.
>>
>>8877329
but anon she just wants to be spechul!
>>
>>8877233
It's been a struggle to describe it to friends for years, because some people literally just can't feel it. But now I can show this video and mention the research group on facebook. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7o2GR4ayHCc

On topic, its been a dream come true that Lolitas and similar youtubers like ALB started putting out these videos because now I can fall asleep to pink lace and counting alpacas.
>>
>>8877342
I feel the same. But I honestly wish there were more ASMR Lolita videos that weren't hauls or talking about things they own, like reading Novala poems or something more creative. It gets boring.

I was thinking of making a channel to do it myself, but my house is noisy with my dogs barking and I don't know much about making ASMR.
>>
>>8876105
>>8876128
>>8876130
>>8876154
>>8876192
>>8876230
>>8876458
>>8876504
>>8876511
>>8876605
We got a thread going in snow so go there and bitch.
>>
>>8877364
Would anyone be interested in an ASMR lolita thread?
>>
>>8877329
If you read the article the communities existed elsewhere besides YouTube but yeah you're right I'm trying to be a special snowflake :^) you caught me
>>
can we all shut the fuck up about ASMR cause no one gives a fuck if you hate it or have it and when you have a spergfest about how you think ASMR is for snowflakes you just look stupid in a thread that is lolita general

I would say to go make an ASMR thread to have this retarded ass debate in but that's also not really cgl related. So uh I dunno just shut the hell up thanks
>>
>>8877414
Me again.
>>8877414
I'd like one but it might peter off after maybe 70 replies? I imagine, but I've been surprised.
>>
>>8877456
Oops this is me
>>8877342
Sorry
>>
Has anyone had issues with lining showing through their dress? I don't really know how to explain, but it happens with some btssb dresses since the bodice isn't fully lined. Like, the facing(?) shows through.
>>
>>8876545
ASMR videos with whispering and especially eating are fucking disgusting, I don't want to hear mouth noises near my ear.
>>
>>8877445
>not yelling at the anon (carly) who posted the irrelevant video in the first place
>>
File: image.png (208 KB, 336x355) Image search: [Google]
image.png
208 KB, 336x355
>>8877397
>>
>>8877525
I guess so, but on the other hand, everyone could've ignored it.
>>
>>8877445
the lolita gen is specifically for random shit that doesn't need its own thread. a lot of lolitas do ASMR and the parody and discussion is relevant because of that.

what do you think generals are for, exactly?
>>
>>8877601
not the other anon, but first of all, janitors and mods get delete happy when we talk about people like this, usually when we get too specific, like posting someone's insta for example.
that's okay on the farm, obviously.
second of all, damn you guys are some fucking sneaky little snakes. I clicked that link and it doesn't give any background to what is going on in that person's life other than they bought a dress that just came out.
That means people had to click around his profile to find out this other stuff.
Like damn. I never do this on social media.
>>
>>8877445
>ASMR
the fuck is that?I googled but something tells me you guys aren't talking about making small sounds whatever the fuck that is..
>>
>>8877342
>>8877717
wait.... you guys are talking about that?

why?
>>
>>8877712
If you go to his twitter, you can see his gofundme link front and center so it's not like people are stalking his social medias to see this information plus through this gofundme page has been shared around quite a bit so like I said before, it's not like most people who found out stalked his page.
>>
>>8877712
I found out about it on behind the bows. Stop being such a moralfag.
>>
>>8877726
because it is trendy for lolitas to make ASMR videos. the intersection between the two scenes is worth talking about, there's no use pretending the trend isn't happening.
>>
>>8877456
here's an ASMR thread >>8877759
>>
File: forlovettssake.jpg (725 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
forlovettssake.jpg
725 KB, 1200x1200
>>8876812
Sounds cute. Do whatever feels most comfortable for you. As lolita friendly it sounds to go watch theatre, I usually feel uncomfortable sitting in a tight space in muggle clothes (I'm probably going to go petticoatless before the show).

>>8877765
lol. Y'all for real?
>>
>>8877704
I see what you're saying buy I agree with the other anon, in my opinion it's only marginally related and if so many people are bitching about it then it should just get its own thread. it'd be like saying, let's talk about sailor moon in LG because tons of lolitas love sailor moon. that may be true, but it'd be more suited to its own thread.
>>
>>8877739
>If you go to his twitter
Yeah exactly, why would I do that? why would anyone do that??

>>8877743
>Stop being such a moralfag
I'm not. I mentioned the farm in my fucking post because I go there.
I just didn't understand the morbid curiosity everyone had over someone buying a god damn dress. If you found out some other way, that makes sense, but I guarantee someone found out that stuff because they did exactly what I said. They dug around for it.

I may be a voyeuristic piece of shit, but I don't go digging up info on people I don't know.
>>
>>8877757
okay I just... damn some of you are weird. Thanks for making me feel better about myself once again gulls, kek.

>>8877790
>lol. Y'all for real?
RIGHT?! WHAT AM I WITNESSING? Look I get falling asleep to music and movies and stuff but this is just so... fake sweet lolita shit.
>>
rip this thread, just a bunch of bitching now. I would post something but I dunno how to get it back on track.

any upcoming releases you're excited for? I saw that LIEF put up some gardenberries stock shit and I'm kind of salty that they didn't just make a new rerelease instead of just selling like a handful of dresses in a new cut.
>>
File: gardenberries.jpg (66 KB, 600x813) Image search: [Google]
gardenberries.jpg
66 KB, 600x813
>>8877831
Oh yeah! I loooove Garden Berries, but I really hate the fabric they used for the bodice (otherwise, I love the bodice too). Why couldn't it be plain?

I wonder if I could request a MTO with a plain/non printed bodice.

I only own one Lief jsk (my tart jsk) and I want to know if they mostly use some kind of broadcloth cotton. I was kind of disappointed that the print wasn't as vibrant and I suspect that it has to do with how rough the fabric is and how wide the weaving is.

I do like how compared to my Japanese brand pieces, they actually line up the skirt's print.
>>
>>8876771
i cant fucking stand asmr videos as well, and while i do think its a tumblr thing, reading the description for misophonia makes me think that maybe thats why im so annoyed. ive always had issues concentrating whenever people made the smallest noises during exams, or popping bubblegum etc etc.
asmr videos give me uncomfortable chills, i honestly want to chop my ears off with all those noises, they drive me crazy (ofc i would never do that though)
>>
File: BUST_2.jpg (185 KB, 787x1037) Image search: [Google]
BUST_2.jpg
185 KB, 787x1037
I need to reorganize my files. I stumbled upon this in my reactions folder. I wish I still had that issue.

>>8877823
What I don't get is how people think that this is lolita specific when it's been a trend on youtube in general for a while; I don't think a lot of lolita vloggers even do this and we don't have a lot of active ones in the first place. ASMR theme is just trying to make haul videos more "unique".

/rant
>>
>>8876826
Thanks for the offer but I'm looking to buy in red. Red boleros have no business being as hard to find as they are.
>>
File: BUST_3.jpg (264 KB, 787x1041) Image search: [Google]
BUST_3.jpg
264 KB, 787x1041
>>8877862
I'm fucking dumb. I forgot that the original release had that same problem. It seemed less noticeable in the stock photos for some reason.
>>8877873
2/3
>>
File: 4018943445_1ef7b23d96.jpg (41 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
4018943445_1ef7b23d96.jpg
41 KB, 250x333
>>8877871
>>8877823
>>8876771
This shit isn't lolita related at all, stop shitting up the thread ffs

Is there a major color difference between the 1st and 2nd releases of Sugary Carnival? Some pieces, particularly the pink colors, seem a lot brighter/more vibrant, but I wasn't sure if it was due to the different releases or just age.
>>
>>8877819
>I may be a voyeuristic piece of shit, but I don't go digging up info on people I don't know.
agreed. i did some light digging on a few giftees in the SS/WD threads and felt weird about, even though one included her social media handles.

i am glad most of the stalkers from here moved to the farm so i can pretend creepers aren't prowling around looking for something "cringeworthy" to pounce on.
>>
File: BUST_4.jpg (310 KB, 808x1034) Image search: [Google]
BUST_4.jpg
310 KB, 808x1034
>>8877878
I lied

>3/6
>>
dumping anon, what and when is this article from?
>>
File: BUST_5.jpg (299 KB, 808x1016) Image search: [Google]
BUST_5.jpg
299 KB, 808x1016
>>8877884
4/6
>>
File: BUST_6.jpg (206 KB, 827x706) Image search: [Google]
BUST_6.jpg
206 KB, 827x706
>>8877880
I think it is a little more vibrant based on recent owner photos (I haven't seen them in person in a while), but you do have to factor in that photo and printing technology did improve since the original release.

>>8877889
Bust Magazine, Oct 2011

>>8877892
5/6
>>
File: BustMagEGL1.jpg (198 KB, 575x987) Image search: [Google]
BustMagEGL1.jpg
198 KB, 575x987
>>8877898

6/6

hoped it helped from derailing the thread. I kind of want to dig up old articles about the fashion, but I probably should organize my files (and stop saving random shit everywhere).
>>
>>8877898
>dat quote

was it really so recently that the subculture shifted toward superficial pursuits like taking coord shots and "modelling"?
>>
>>8877902
if you organize and do a dump in its own thread that would be pretty cool, the board could always use more OC
>>
>>8877907
Hmm....I've seen some attempts at people achieving e-fame in the past, but it wasn't as prevalent due to the lack of instant sort-form blogging via smart phones (e.g.: instagram, tumblr). Bad thing is that I can only recall the lolcows like Cassandra Leigh and Alex/boy_kitten when it comes to the "modeling" part.

You're probably right though and I think a lot of it has to do with doing away with lj as a main community platform (and long form blogging in general) and smartphone technology.
>>
File: 1443651929300.jpg (195 KB, 823x756) Image search: [Google]
1443651929300.jpg
195 KB, 823x756
>>8877912

I'd be cool with that. I'll wait until after this thread goes into autosage so folks are not dumping the same contents. It should give me some time to dig up some research content.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>8877919
>I think a lot of it has to do with doing away with lj as a main community platform (and long form blogging in general) and smartphone technology.
ditto, part of the general cultural shift toward photo-sharing rather than idea-sharing online.

it is why i like /cgl/ so much despite its flaws and shitposters and vendettas. best place to discuss things with a large community, no need to sign in, low commitment, and no numeric "score" (likes, upvotes, followers) to obsess over.
>>
File: feelbaddesu.gif (358 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
feelbaddesu.gif
358 KB, 250x141
>>8877936
I've gotten so used to the liking/upvoting and instant sharing system lately that I got lazy using lj when I tried to go back. I found myself not wanting to post a reply and just casually look and like if I liked it. It's bad.
>>
>>8877898
I can't remember if it was Sugary Carnival or Milky Planet, but I remember someone saying that their dream dress was the first release but not the second because the second release has a really bright sax that's hard to match to anything.
>>
>>8877942
just a quick "Cute!" or "I like it" might be a good thing to respond to LJ posts with. people are used to instant reactions on other social media so i bet it would help posters feel confident.
>>
New SuperCarly64 video, a parody on Birchbox reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r09GCspei0
>>
>>8878126
It wouldn't surprise me if both are bright in the later release. I saw someone wear Milky Planet recently and it was BRIGHT. Sorry I didn't take a photo of their coord.

>>8878136
churning out videos faster than AP re-release MTOs.
>>
>>8878136
Funny. The inflections are accurate, but how is this lolita?
>>
>>8877880
I have the second release Sugary Carnival in lavender and it's still very pale. The stock photos are accurate.

I think I read somewhere that there's less mint in the first release (like the mint parts are more blue) but I haven't seen one to compare.
>>
http://www.lacemarket.us/the-bernie-sanders-campaign-lot/

W H Y
>>
File: 3602_600[1].jpg (56 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
3602_600[1].jpg
56 KB, 398x600
>>8877472

Yes, that shit's annoying because you have to wear a lighter blouse underneath, otherwise in some photos it looks uncomfortably like your bra showing (even though it's the lining and not your bra).

I put in a thick bodice lining in one of my thinner btssb dresses to solve it. Can't really recommend doing it unless it really bugs you, though, it was a pain to do since it had to be handsewn to the dress.
>>
>>8878215
Ehh, I thought it was kind of funny. Don't give enough of a shit to complain, just moved on to other listings.
>>
>>8878215
haha what the heck????? I took a screenshot for posterity (sorry if it's a screenshot for giants)
>>
>>8878215
>>8878239
>>8878231
I liked it and had a chuckle. It's pretty clearly not taking itself or the idea of crowd-funding a politician seriously, even if she does put the funds towards his campaign.

I have no interest in pink stuff though. So there you go. I'm sure someone will end up buying it eventually.
>>
>>8877819
>>8877712

>why would anyone check out the twitter of someone who wants your money

If someone is asking for my money, you can bet I'm going to check out his history. Duh.

Besides, I have a feeling the people who originally brought it up aren't the ones taking the effort to find his twitter and snoop around, more likely they're already following him on twitter/blog, so his gofundme is showing up side-by-side with his other expensive posts in their feed automatically. He has followers because he was posting about doing fun expensive things in Japan, people are definitely going to be shocked if he suddenly turns around and asks for money.
>>
I'm not sure if I should make a seperate thread for this but I have a few questions:

Do you guys wear lolita daily and if not, then how often?
How do normalfags treat you when you wear it?
I have a plain, basic gothic coord already planned out, but I don't like drawing attention, so I'm too afraid to wear it. Are there any examples of coords that won't draw too much attention?
>>
>>8878277
You get mixed responses. Old people generally coo over you and say how lovely you look, 12 years olds laugh and make dumb comments. The majority of people will stare, but will mostly ignore you. Its an unusual fashion so you will draw attention. I'm super shy and socially retarded, but I can deal with shit since I love the fashion so much.
>>
Hey gulls, I have a coord in mind that I'd like a really pretty, thick, long and wavy wig for - something really pretty and elegant, maybe kinda princess-like. I'm seriously tempted by the Lockshop mermaid wigs on the USA site but I know there's been some questions about recent wig quality coming up as of late. Do you guys have any recommendations? I don't mind spending a little bit of money and I don't care where it's from I just need something that I can get relatively quickly, preferably within the next 3 weeks. I'm about to go take a look at some of the Japanese wig brands atm but was just wondering if you guys knew of any.
>>
>>8878277
I wear it sporadically, and have never once gotten insulted. (Granted, I've only been in the fashion for two years, so that's subject to change, obviously.) The worst I've gotten is some guy at the movies literally doing a double take. It was pretty funny. Oh yeah, and another guy asked me if I was in a dance troupe.
>>
>>8878277
>Do you guys wear lolita daily and if not, then how often?
Used to wear it daily, but in the last year, life has gotten weird so I've maybe worn it three or four times in the last six months.

>How do normalfags treat you when you wear it?
Generally, no issues. The positives generally outweigh the negatives. It's going to depend on where you live, where you go, whether you take public transit, and all those other details that vary from one person to the next.

>I have a plain, basic gothic coord already planned out, but I don't like drawing attention, so I'm too afraid to wear it. Are there any examples of coords that won't draw too much attention?
You're always going to draw attention compared to normalfag clothes. It's the fluffy shape. I wouldn't use the word "confronting", but lolita is pretty hard to ignore even in its most toned-down forms. Toning it down to the point where people won't comment means it's no longer lolita. Usually.

Just prepare yourself for negativity in advance, and let yourself be surprised by the nice comments that may result.
>>
>>8878277
3+ times a week, but I don't usually go out in it, just sit around in my dorm studying. 2 years in the fashion and I've probably only been out in lolita 20 times, although I nearly always got public transport when I did.

UK here, and people don't tend to directly stare so much as glance at you then steadfastly avoid eye contact. People in shops will usually determinedly try to be professional and ignore what you're wearing, although you get the occasional cashier (usually old men) who like to make jokes about it. As everyone will tell you, you get a lot of positive comments from older women, but I don't get the "kids love it!" thing. In my experience most kids don't pay much attention, although I've had parents come up to me with an obviously embarrassed child and tell me all about how their kid was really into my outfit two or three times. Going by what people have the balls to say to your face, the positive comments definitely outweigh the negative (I've had a couple of bo peep-tier comments shouted at me and some pointing and nothing else), but all the subtle glares can make you hyper self-conscious.

>I have a plain, basic gothic coord already planned out, but I don't like drawing attention, so I'm too afraid to wear it. Are there any examples of coords that won't draw too much attention?
In my experience gothic gets a lot less attention because people have a frame of reference for it. They might think you're freak, but they know what goth is and assume you're a very fancy goth. Anything else (except the most toned-down classic that looks like normalfag vintage) will get a lot more and longer staring because people are wondering what the fuck you're wearing. People know goth is a fashion, but they're more likely to assume anything else is a "princess costume" or whatever and be curious.
>>
>>8878277
I don't wear it /daily/, but I wear it 2-3 times a week along with other colorful jfash. I'm a college student, so I go home and change and eat dinner before work.
At first, people would laugh/take pictures/etc and I was very self-conscious. It really sucks. But I put in my head phones and acted normal. Eventually, people around campus recognized me as the girl who dressed weird and just left me alone, and I grew a thicker skin to attention. Sometimes, I'll have people say "I've seen you around before! I like your style!" and it's nice.
No one does, anon. But never compensate your style to please other people. As long as it's in a situation where you won't be bothering anyone (there's def inappropriate times to wear lolita), you shouldn't feel apologetic for just being cute.
Just hold your head high and rehearse some typical responses to "why are you dressed up?" in front of a mirror before you wear it.

btw, sad truth is that normalfags usually can't tell the difference between "toned down" coords and normal coords. So don't even bother. Just avoid wearing wigs, tiaras, veils, etc and you'll be fine.
>>
>>8878337
Should clarify for this that my statement on gothic also goes for most classic in all-black etc. To normal people it all reads as goth. Also black blends into a crowd more so even with the poof, people a hundred metres down the street probably won't even notice you, whereas wearing all pastels you can be spotted a mile off.
>>
>>8876771
Is there a visual equivalent to this?Things like seamless gifs and incredibly detailed speedpaints give me the chills and I dunno why. Sage for ot
>>
File: dudewhat.png (98 KB, 244x183) Image search: [Google]
dudewhat.png
98 KB, 244x183
>>8878136
I don't find this funny at all
>>
>>8878243
I will snap that shit up, I don't even wear pink and it probably won't fit my fat ass anyways but I fucking laughed. Pls wait for my tax return baby girl
>>
>>8878349
chills aren't the same thing, please google this shit
>>
>>8878354
Nvm its already gone
>>
>>8878277

Response to similar past questions suggests that a lot has to do with the area you live in. Some areas are full of artsy types, so even full-blown lolita with clown wig will not stand out. Whereas other areas you'll get questioned even with a mainstream printed dress. So your locals won't necessarily react the same way as others'. You might want to spend some time thinking about what you see other people wear most often and how to blend your lolita style with the local style.

>Are there any examples of coords that won't draw too much attention?

Gothic doesn't usually attract as much attention as the other styles. Just keep it simple, not too many embellishments and keep your makeup light, that's usually all that's needed to fly under the radar (though you're still going to get remarks on being a goth).

As for the rest, take your cue from the locals around you/the place you're going to. For instance, heavy makeup and big poofy skirt to go grocery shopping is somewhat impractical, save that for nights at the opera or lolita meetups instead.
>>
>>8878355
Chills/tingles, same shit different bucket. if we wanna get technical let's call it a pleasant physical response triggered by non-physical stimuli. I'm not sure why you need to be so specific, it wasn't a hard question desu.
>>
>>8878307
Alright nvm, feel free to post recs if you have them but I decided to just go for Brightlele. If anyone wants me to post a mini-review when they come in let me know?
>>
>>8878307
>>8878381
Sorry can't help much, m8. Haven't bought a new wig in a while. The ones I have from Brightlele are nice, though. Good size wig cap, soft fibres, low shine, and interesting but not completely off-the-wall colours and styles.
>>
>>8878228
Ugh that's exactly what it looks like!! Do you do anything else to solve it? Preferably something less permanent?
>>
>>8877397
>nitpicking something actually worth talking about instead of the pointless ASMR debate
Oh you.
>>
>>8878385
yeah, the stock photos looked nice and I looked up a few additional older reviews and they still looked pretty nice for real too. I know I've also seen one in person at a swap meet and when I touched it the fibers were pretty soft. I like, just remembered them when I was trying to look at cyperous and their prices on rakuten definitely made me want to buy. So, hopefully the ones that I picked live up to my expectations.
>>
>>8877862
>>8877831
Where did you see this?
>>
File: _MG_2444_original.jpg (634 KB, 1280x1705) Image search: [Google]
_MG_2444_original.jpg
634 KB, 1280x1705
Some Tumblr chick is taking preorders for this dress. It looks like an ugly knockoff of Misty Sky.
>>
>>8878250
>more likely they're already following him on twitter/blog, so his gofundme is showing up side-by-side with his other expensive posts in their feed automatically
This. Make sure you read it, >>8877712 / >>8877819
>>
>>8878136
is she making fun of mort3mer?
>>
>>8878448
it reminds me of bedsheets
>>
>>8878448
People are calling it ugly on the Updates page, made me laugh.
>>
>>8878440
It was on Lolita updates, search LIEF cause it's there. I think it was posted on the 19th

>>8878448
this is what I thought when I saw it too, it's pretty obvious it's supposed to be a shitty knockoff/replica attempt. If she wanted to make a poor man's misty sky she should've taken the time to find a fabric that was less busy, bc honestly I would buy one if the fabric had a design that wasn't so fugly
>>
>>8878379
because just about everyone gets chills or tingles to non-physical stimuli. the ASMR people describe something different, which you would know if you researched it instead of asking questions ("is there a visual version?" in case you forgot the question that prompted my "google it" response) in a lolita gen.

sage for continued offtopic, sorry, last one. not even on the ASMR train, just triggered by people who can't into google
>>
>>8878543
how awkward, cause the girl who posted it is the one who is making them. kek.
>>
>>8878349
It's not purely auditory. Some ASMR videos feature flickering lights, delicate hand movements, etc. for people to watch and get tingles from. I feel like for visual triggers, certain types of movements can trigger asmr, which might be why you feel tingles/chills from watching those things.

I didn't know that lolita and asmr were doing a lot of crossovers lately, but I'm not really surprised. A lot of lolita goods come in crinkly packaging, which makes a lot of asmr-happy noises (also dresses, ruffling fabric, touching things, etc.). I guess asmr in particular is just getting popular in youtube, which makes it pretty opportune for lolitas to hop onto that bandwagon.

Tried to make it lolita-related, sage for still dragging out the asmr discussion.
>>
>>8878408

It only shows up when you wear a pale jsk over a dark blouse (in the photo I posted the mannequin is dark red). So long as you only wear lighter blouses under your jsk it shouldn't show. The darker jsks don't have this issue either, it's specificallly dark blouse, light jsk that has this problem.

The other solution I thought of is to layer a strapless top between the blouse and the jsk, make sure it's not a crop top so it can cover the area that doesn't have any lining. I haven't tried this out myself, though.
>>
>>8878448
>>8878543
The people just outright calling it ugly on Lolita Updates made me laugh. A lot of people find many releases awful, but It was too hard to hold back on this one. It's the bedsheet Misty Sky replica.
>>
>>8878448

Everytime Misty Sky comes up for re-release people keep complaining it looks like pyjamas and can be easily knocked off. Yet every time someone tries to do it it always comes out badly.
>>
Hi gulls,

Looking for a bit of advice/feedback. I'm planning on starting an Indie Lolita/J-fashion brand, based in the US. I have multiple years of dressmaking experience and love all things j-fash. My focus will be on affordability, and cute, clean designs. I'll have a good amount of Lolita pieces, and a lot of pieces that can be worn casual or mori style. As of now, I don't have plans to have real "plus sizes" but they'll go up to girls who are a bit busty or chubby. (ex. 39 bust, up to 31 waist) I am interested in carrying a line for taller/broad framed girls depending on if there's demand. I'm trying to find a good price point for a couple kinds of items. I have an idea in mind, but I want to see what you guys thought.
Lolita OP (Just for comparison purposes, imagine something kind of similar to Pretty University OP)
Simple Jumperskirt (More suited for casual or mori. Grey wool blend, box pleated, high waist bodice)
Pleated School Skirt (The ultimate versatile skirt for j-fashion, comes with choice of matching headbow or necktie)
Chiffon JSK
High waisted Skirt with Suspenders, Waist Bow

General advice very welcome!
>>
>>8878785
General advice:
>start slow
A lot of indie brands dive in and try to do a print right off the bat, or get too ambitious for the demand they generate. Start slow, within your means and your skills, and don't overextend yourself.

>don't do MTO or preorders right away
Start with off-the-rack items or one of a kind pieces that you can put up for sale, to establish a portfolio/style. You can make multiples of the same design in different sizes, but only do what you're able to do. Don't try to create the same dress in five sizes if you're not comfortable grading the pattern accordingly.

>look into pricing models
A lot of indie brands over or under charge. It's hard to hit that sweet middle ground, where people are willing to pay what you're asking, but you're also not cheating yourself out of a decent profit. Calculate how much time goes into each piece. Determine a wage for yourself and your materials, and see how it compares to other indie brands that do similar work.

>find something you're really good at, and make it your "thing"
Are you awesome at pintucks and other textural detailing? Do you embroidery really well and know how to turn ribbons and silk floss into realistic roses? Is your tailoring really durable and clean? Make this your selling point for either every garment, or a particular "collection" of pieces, and be consistent. When prepping stock, try to create units. A skirt that goes with a JSK and OP in terms of style and motifs. That sort of thing. That way, if people like your theme/style, but not necessarily the cut, they'll still very likely want to buy one of the other pieces.

Good luck, dear anon. And I hope you're successful in getting off the ground!
>>
>>8878785
>General advice very welcome!
if you are US-based, look into selling at cons with a high lolita presence. don't bother with any that aren't known for that.

see if you can get a place in any local lolita fashion shows too.
>>
>>8878791
Thank you very much for that, it's very well thought out. I'm starting out with OTR and planning on doing 2 sizes for each pattern. Prints are definitely further down the road. Doing things in collections of sorts is a great idea, I'll definitely implement that.

>>8878796
I wish there was a local lolita fashion show near me. That would be a great opportunity. Alas, there is not. How do I find out if there is much of a Lolita presence at a con or not? I've seen just about every even minimally Japanese-related con posted here at one point or another. (I'm guessing this one will just take research, not trying to get spoonfed or anything.)
>>
>>8878805
>How do I find out if there is much of a Lolita presence at a con or not?
check the programming for the previous year to see if there were vendors, panels, etc. also check with your local comm to see if they are planning any tea parties or fashion shows for any local conventions.
>>
>>8878796
what are the lolita cons? I'm only aware of Rufflecon? PMX might also be more lolita than cosplay.
>>
>>8878827
there are no lolita specific cons that i know of (RuffleCon is mostly lolita but has substantial other altfash stuff). for regular cons, i am thinking a lot of Northeast cons like Anime Boston, Katsucon, Otakon (not NE but might as well be) and Connecticon have regular lolita events and vendors. Moss Marchen always tables at Connecticon if that gives you an idea of how a random con can have a big lolita scene.
>>
>>8878576
I think part of the reason I'm so into lolita in the first place is because of ASMR shit, actually. I love handling my clothes and getting dressed because of the sound they make, and often just flounce around in lolita at home to hear the rustling.
There's even a porn movie with a Japanese lolita in it that I would sometimes watch because the dude slowly undresses her while she explains all the components of the outfit. As soon as she's in her underwear I'll turn it off because I don't actually want to see the sex.
If someone would make lolita ASMR videos of them touching their clothes and getting dressed I'd be all over that. It would probably just attract creeps, though.

Sage for continuation of ASMR shit and me being a creepy weirdo.
>>
File: 1435197197533.gif (2 MB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
1435197197533.gif
2 MB, 200x267
>>8878907
>porn movie with a Japanese lolita
Sounds interesting. Mind sharing the source?
>>
>>8878448
how can one choose such a bad fabric with such decent craftsmanship. It's sad.
>>
>>8878785
General advice:
You're not going to be able to price very high right away. In order to command decent prices, your construction and finishing needs to be on point.
I would recommend not only focusing on doing one thing well, but making sure that your items aren't too boring, generic, or tacky. Look at cgl's handmade thread to see what's well received.
>>
>>8878831
Do you know more about lolita communities in Connecticut? I was wondering if there was anything on the eastern side because it looks like most groups are on the western half of the state.
>>
>>8878947
lol i read your question as being about east coast versus west coast US, not eastern and western CT. i do not know the CT comm well, but the state is small with many highways. it may be that those on the eastern side share activities with RI or MA instead of NY like western CT seems to
>>
>>8878965
>it may be that those on the eastern side share activities with RI or MA instead
That's what I was thinking, thanks. I live in eastern CT and it's extremely rare to run into anyone with interest in j-fashion or stuff like manga. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot more in urbanized areas like Providence.
>>
File: kingyoA5-web.jpg (306 KB, 720x985) Image search: [Google]
kingyoA5-web.jpg
306 KB, 720x985
Who else is excited for this? Which colorway are you gonna get? I'm still unsure whether I should get the navy/red or navy/black. If anyone has any non-stock pics from the previous release feel free to post.

https://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/metamornews/13107?language=en
>>
File: kingyoA5-eweb.jpg (121 KB, 720x1018) Image search: [Google]
kingyoA5-eweb.jpg
121 KB, 720x1018
>>8879234
Just realized I probably should've posted the english version of the poster, woops. Here it is.
>>
Is there anything kawaii in Stockholm? I'm visiting next week and I'm interested in Asian makeup/skincare, Japanese fashion magazines and cute accessories. Not gonna buy if it's super overpriced tho.
>>
>>8879269
I think there's a shop called "Kawaii". Haven't been there myself but taking a look at their site they sell overpriced make up, wigs, accessories, stationaries etc.
Here's a link: http://www.kawaii.se/
As far as I know there's no other j-related shops in Stockholm anymore. Used to be a CD-shop that sold j-music but it closed- I think there's another store in Gamla Stan called Sound Pollution that sells some japanese cds. In the same area is a pretty decent sized bookstore "Sci-fi bokhandeln" that sells tons of manga, anime, comics, merch and Kera etc.
>>
Has this happened to anybody else?
I bought stuff from the AP sale back when it started, and the payment was pending in my bank account and did the whole "Money Available: [accurate amount of what it would be if the money had gone out]" thing. Well the pending payment has disappeared, and my available amount has shot up back to what it would be if I didn't buy the sale stuff. My shit arrived at tenso a week back, and no money has gone out.

Did AP fuck up and give me shit for free?

I should mention that one of the things I wanted was out of stock, so they did have to refund me, although they never took the payment out in the first place.
>>
>>8879291
AP does this to me all the time. Don't touch the money, they'll take it out eventually.
>>
File: choke used 'evade'.png (472 KB, 485x675) Image search: [Google]
choke used 'evade'.png
472 KB, 485x675
HMMM.

Also the new wigs look like a terrible spinoff of GLW.
>>
>>8879237
I love that they're rereleasing this, but I just blew all my money. Would've loved to have had this in navy. Has Meta ever rereleased any of their other wa-lolita style prints?
>>
File: LC response.png (44 KB, 475x150) Image search: [Google]
LC response.png
44 KB, 475x150
>>8879309
>>
>>8879315
this gives me hope. sorry Choke, but LC has always treated me well.
>>
>>8879309
"Lolita Collective ships out a scammer's low quality wigs much faster than the scammer herself! Also, look Wonderfinch and tumblr! A black model!"

That's some embarrassing attempt at damage control.

Alternative: Let's not patronize a shitty scammer who openly shuts down criticism of her brand, sends out faulty wigs, and stirs up drama with other lolitas on anonymous image boards when she could be shipping her product and answering customers questions.
>>
>>8879237
I'm super excited, I didn't expected a rerelease at all! I also cannot decide for a color, I always wanted blue but now I have fear that the color combination looks too ita?
>>
File: P12OJ205-b (1).jpg (118 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
P12OJ205-b (1).jpg
118 KB, 480x640
Is anyone else excited for this release or is it just me? I still don't know which colorway I like best.
>>
>>8879237
>>8879234
Nooooooooooo I want fancy kimono in this cut. These colorways are so meh. Who's down to request fancy kimono release with me
>>
>>8879371
I honestly hate this and the new baby rabbits dress, they look like more j et j normalfag, non lolita bullshit
>>
File: lllockshop.png (28 KB, 517x320) Image search: [Google]
lllockshop.png
28 KB, 517x320
>>8879309
but how long before Lockshop fucks over Lolita collective with their bad service?
>>
> Super excited about the BtssB lucky pack
> Add to cart and ready to input deets
> Only ships to the US and Canada
Jesus fucking Christ I nearly cried.
Did anyone get a pack?
>>
>>8879371
i want to like this so much because of the concept, but i hate the cuts and the print is pretty underwhelming. i might still buy this just because i love trains and hp, not sure which cut though.
>>
>>8879331
I have the white and I'm going to try for a full set of the blue.

>>8879311
Not as far as I know. This was AP bloodbath popular though.
>>
>>8879397
anon, i can SS for you if you like- i decided against getting one this time around.
>>
wow, wtf is up with japanese sellers? i got three neutral feedbacks this month out of nowhere because i didn't reply to every single message sent to me. it has never been a problem for me before, is this normal?

i don't think i can dispute this feedback either since it wasn't a negative.
>>
>>8879464
What site is this on?
>>
>>8879464
Why didn't you reply anon? It depends on the situation, but I could understand leaving neutral.
>>
>>8878938
It'd honestly be really cute if she just chose a simple solid fabric.
>>
>>8879470
yahoo auctions

>>8879471
it's usually one message, that they shipped my item on X day. I didn't think it was necessary to reply immediately (not too sure what i'd say also), but I do respond after the item arrives to let them know i got the item safely and i'm leaving positive feedback for them. i never intended to be rude, but maybe i'm mistaken about proper etiquette?
>>
>>8879488
Yeah, that sounds like Japanese etiquette. I'd say always reply to everything, even if it's just to acknowledge you got their message. I guess you could say thank you and let them know you'll notify them after it's arrival.
>>
>>8879488
i mean i can't speak from experience or exact knowledge but it seems to me that, in japan, when dealing with strangers, esp in what is basically a business transaction, it's important to always be responsive. I can see in japan a response to "I shipped your item" would be seen as more important than in the west. next time that happens just say something like thank you, I will let you know when the package arrives. even here in the US I usually send a message like that to sellers just to be courteous, idk. but yeah, I dunno, japanese social etiquette seems to be a lot more delicate so a lot more effort must be put in to make sure as to not accidentally offend or rustle jimmies.
>>
>>8879311
Similarly, I've been itching to buy a new dress so I've been searching the sales comms and shop sites and I'm glad I decided to just hold out because this has been a wishlist item of mine. Also, read the link - it is also coming in navy, but there's going to be 2 ordering rounds, Navy is in the second one.

I don't believe I've ever seen them re-release any of their other kimono prints, but I am just making a guess that they decided to a MTO re-release for this print, because after their kimono cat print they did in november, they did a MTO because it sold so quickly. Meta probably figured if they did one for this, maybe try it for this too - if you read the page they also imply that they got a lot of emails and requests from people for it to be re-released. Perhaps if enough people emailed them about other kimono prints you want to be re-released like >>8879385 they would do it.

>>8879331
The more I've thought about it, I think I'll just settle for the navyxblack. The bluexred caught my eye because of the red at first, but the more I look at it the more it reminds me of the 4th of july. i don't think it looks ita per se, but it's a very bold color combination so you just have to be careful with how you coord it.
>>
>>8879512
>>8879518
thanks for the advice anons, i was really upset about getting (what felt like) unfair feedback, but you're right- japanese etiquette is really delicate so i guess this is an educating lesson.

do you guys think the neutrals will be a huge stigma against me as a buyer now? i feel pretty bad about all this, since even if i improve my communication- the feedback will still be there.
>>
>>8879371
I really like it. More for us.
>>
>>8879397
You could try using a US forwarder? Like their version of tenso
>>
>>8879525
Thank you for pointing that out for me, anon! I think I will send them some e-mails.
>>
>>8879528
I doubt it. The feedback isn't overly negative. Do you have a bunch of positive feedback?
>>
>>8879237
I'm debating whether to get the white or navy, and whether I would even wear it often because it's such an out there look for me but its so pretty
>>
>>8879525
I've seen someone here and on FB say it's MTO, but I don't see where it says that on Meta's page or how long the MTO is. I'll go ahead and call myself a fucking noob because I've never ordered from a brand website.

If the MTO is the case, am I safe just waiting to get the colorway I want (either navy or offwhite) during the second round? Have they ever closed MTOs early?
>>
>>8879757
Please read the link that was posted thoroughly and carefully - Meta's English is a bit off but all your questions are answered in the description they posted in the link. They're taking reservations and there are 2 rounds. First round has the whitexred and bluexred. When that sells out, the second round will begin. That round will have whitexred and navyxblack. The first round and second round have two different delivery dates. The rounds will only last as long as there are spots left. It's an MTO in that they're taking orders to make the dress but it's not like the AP ones where they open it for a time period and take as many orders as they can, it's like a reservation in that they'll take however many slots they have then close it before starting the next one. If I fucked something up another anon feel free to correct me.
>>
>>8879781
Thanks, though (if I'm reading correctly) the second reservation will have all three colorways available.

I did look the site carefully, but I must have had a misunderstanding of what an MTO is. I thought MTO meant that the shop would accept as many orders as they receive in a certain period of time (like from Feb. 29-Mar 1), so there would be no limit on stock. Aka it's "made to order" as in they'll make as many as are ordered in that time period. That misunderstanding is why the "spots filling up" part on the website didn't make sense to me when people were saying it was MTO.
>>
>>8879811
I don't think MTO necessarily means unlimited orders - it just means that whatever you order, is made to order. I believe people posted MTO to indicate that it wasn't a limited release that you need to try to fight everyone to the death for and check out quickly or else it'll sell out in 2 minutes. I think reservation would have been a better word, but from the sound of the way they are doing the first and second round, they are limited reservation.
>>
I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with accidentally being charged from AP when you didn't buy anything from them? I tried to buy stuff from their sale a couple weeks ago but I failed because everything sold out of my cart. A week ago I saw I had been charged for that sale purchase I thought hadn't gone through (put in my card details on the site while checking out, but I got the error/cancellation screen because shit had sold out). There's nothing in my purchase history and nothing at my tenso (my friends who bought from the sale have already gotten their packages).

I've emailed AP customer service in English and polite Japanese but so far no response. I am probably going to file a chargeback in another week or so, but I'm afraid of getting banned.

Has anyone ever had anything similar happen to them before? How did you resolve it?
>>
>>8879816
Check with your bank, was it an actual charge or was it the thing where AP puts a hold on the money? Since AP kind of just touches the money first to make sure it's in your account, but then they don't charge you for real until later. I know you said that everything was sold out but the system may have still done the check anyways. I would confirm with your bank to see if the money actually left the account.

Unless you mean it actually did leave your account. in that case, I'm not too sure what to do.
>>
>>8879816
This happened to me. Is it a pending charge or an actual charge? Did they reply to your email? I would include your account information and what exactly you were charged for. They responded pretty promptly to me (but I had it written in Japanese by a Japanese person).
>>
>>8879828
>>8879830
Thanks for the responses, guys. The charge was pending for a couple days but then cleared in my account (with an added "foreign transaction fee" too).

I sent AP a screenshot of my order history with them (which is blank because I hadn't ordered from them before) plus a screenshot of my card transactions showing the cleared amount. I had my friend translate my message into Japanese, but so far they haven't answered.
>>
>>8879840
That sucks anon. When did you email them? The weekend just ended so idk if maybe that's why they're taking longer to respond to you but if you don't hear anything by tomorrow I would email them again.
>>
>>8879830
>>8879840

Oh also I'm not exactly sure what I was charged for, since I never got a confirmation email or anything. I had just added a couple things to my cart in the rush, and I thought I hadn't gotten anything so I tried a couple more times before giving up.

I think it was the first time I had tried to check out, since the charge is pretty high and I had a few things in my cart. After the first time I tried to check out things one at a time (but still failed lol).
>>
>>8879845
I emailed them on Thursday, the sale was originally on the 13th I think? I know they just had the BSP release too, so they're probably going to be slower than usual at replying. I'll try to send them a follow up email if I don't hear back by this weekend, maybe.
>>
>>8879862
I wrote something like this anon. Basically the date I tried to purchase chocolate rosette. An error occurred, I don't have it in my purchase history. Then the date I was charged by angelic pretty shibuya and the amount. The last part is asking if it's in stock, I'll buy it, but if not just please refund. Hope this helps, they got back to me within 4 days.
"
アカウント名: [account name]
アカウントメールアドレス:[account email]

以下今までの経緯です。
12月19日にChocolate Rosette ジャンパースカートのコンを購入しようとしたところ、エラーが起こり購入確認のメールが来ませんでした。 アカウント履歴にも購入の記録がありません。それにもかかわらず12月21日にAngelic Pretty Shibuya宛に
27,234円のクレジットカード支払いがありました。この商品、今後入荷するなら購入を希望しますが、入荷する予定がないなら返金をお願いします。"
>>
>>8879237
Now I just need them to re-release dozing cat
>>
>>8880228
I'm waiting for this too
>>
>>8879446
Aww thank you!! Are you still up to the task?
>>
Looks like the 15th anniversary AP dresses are MTO. The order production will be open until 2/29. I really wanted the Antoinette Princess set but gdi those prices. Will these dresses even remotely hold their resale value? If so, I'll bite.

Link to the MTO page: http://system.angelicpretty-onlineshop.com/products/list.php?category_id=182
>>
>>8879965
Your Japanese is pretty good, anon! Do you have any reccs for improving more formal stuff, like this? I manage daily conversation just fine, but formal emails/busness stuff really freaks me out.
>>
>>8880509
Over $1,500 for a brand dress.

Who would buy at that price? I can afford it, but I would not. They look gaudy too. This is a dress one would not wear to your average lolita meetup, but at a Con, brand tea party, or your wedding.
>>
>>8880523
Baby has a few similar dresses (i.e. Maria) and I'd buy it in a heartbeat, even if it is a ridiculous price. Maybe it's just me, I love these overly ornate dresses.
>>
>>8880273
sure anon- i think packs are still available too. what's your email?
>>
>>8880529
I would buy Antoinette Princess in a heartbeat too, but I prefer not to spend my money. I'm getting to point of how some lolitas are spending large amounts of money on dresses. I need to focus on personal finance for a career instead and navigate clients to look into the future. I'm getting disgusted. You have money for lolita, but you have to consider money for retirement in 50 years.

If a lolita was given a million dollars, what would that lolita do? Bet the lolita would start blowing that money really quick with new brand dresses every week, tea parties, travel to different comms every other week, and travel to Nippon for three months.
>>
>>8880548
You make more money in your prime years (30-40) but you have lost your youth then and look like an old hag. Why bother being materialistic then
>>
>>8880575
As someone who has to check id's regularly, no. People in their 30's look fairly young quite often, even men with beards.
>>
>>8879237
I want to like this but I feel like dozing cat pretty much satisfied my need for this cut.

Good luck to everyone attempting to get this
>>
>>8880516
Sorry anon, I can't take credit for writing it myself. I had my Japanese father-in-law help me. I wish I could give advice as I need to work on that too.
>>
>>8880548
I can assure you that especially in this day and age, not all lolitas are financially inept. We just get a lot of vocal minorities who cry about blowing their money and talk about their buyer's remorse.

After taxes, I'm sure I'd have enough left over to do the following

>Still work; probably part time and use free time to volunteer or invest in guitar lessons (or both)
>Pay off student loans (20k left)
>Put 2k in my saving and IRA account
>Pay off parent's mortgage (6k left)
>Buy parents new home in a better neighborhood (90k)
>Give 4k to brother and his gf (split; they live in an expensive city, so I'd like to help out as my brother's on disability too)
>3k to friend to help her move out of abusive family
(she's also a single mom of two and they're using her to pay their bills)

I've already built up a decent lolita wardrobe (it just took ages to put it together) and I'm not all that interested in buying new releases (I'm oldschool af). I'd definitely put aside for vacations since I haven't had one since before I went to uni. I think I'd want to do a family vacation in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and invite some relatives in France to join us. If not, sending my dad overseas to see his aging mother will take precedence.

This might end up being a figurative blog post, so

1/2
>>
>>8880509
You shouldn't be getting these dresses if you're worried about resale value. I mean, Baby releases dresses like these at least once or twice a year and you rarely, if ever, see them on the second hand market.
>>
>>8880529
Not that anon, but I also love these ott dresses, I've gotten them from baby. But AP is trying to sell way to high IMO. I don't like them that much, but I'd consider if it was in Baby's ornate price range. Now I'm like, no, I'll just buy two of Baby's.
>>
>>8880509

I feel somewhat like a traitor since I normally love AP releases, but none of these dresses do it for me. I'm more antsy that there seems to be no reveal for this weekend's release. Any ideas on what's coming?

Also. I want Antoinette Decoration -- but not this OTT thing where I can't see the print. I'm hoping there's another more normal, regular release of the print later on. I usually like OTT lolita, but I guess this is just a bit too much OTT, I guess.

As for the resale value, if we take btssb's example, it's a slightly mixed bag. Some of btssb's ott mto dresses have doubled or tripled upon resale, the rest tend to go for just a bit under retail. However, most of the sales I've observed are from yja, so it's hard to tell if there enough demand on the Western side. Somehow I feel that Western lolitas don't frequently drop big money on lolita, or rather, there's fewer and rarer girls who are willing to drop $1.5k and above on a dress, whereas on yja auctions there always seems to be a bidwar over some dress or another every few months. If you had access to selling on yja I'd say you have better chances, but if you're a western lolita then it's pretty iffy.
>>
File: 1400461223111.jpg (54 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
1400461223111.jpg
54 KB, 660x660
>>8880582

I'm still a total weeb, so fuck yeah, I'm going to go to Nipponland with the money and time I have left over (like I said, I'd still plan on working in spite of winning 1 mil - a lot goes away with taxes and inflation's a bitch).

I think I'd at most have a little shopping spree at Closet Child. I'd visit the brand shops, but probably not spend much - if any at all (I've done that before in Paris; I don't need to do that again). I mostly want to take my dad to the Studio Ghibli theme park when it gets built and I hope they get on it soon since he's a big fan and not getting any younger. If not, well I guess the museum is good enough.

Maybe I'd take my family around Europe (dad missed out when we went to France and Germany) before I decide to go to grad school.

Now if I didn't have loans to pay off and was already from a wealthy family, I'd probably fulfill my dumb lolita related dream of buying a house in a historic district (whether in the current town or elsewhere -though tbqh, I'd want to move out of this state), so I can host private meets there, plus after living in shitty apartments with muggle roommates, I'd be happy to live on my own.

I was just thinking about it and maybe a Victorian era home might be too much upkeep and I know people have died in those. Maybe I'll be happy with a nice craftsman house - so long is room for parties and a garden.

>2/2 and saging
>>
>>8876963
This is on Mbok right now, I think it qualifies as a gothic cutsew dress:

http://www.mbok.jp/item/item_476634154.html?_SRC=li_i0
>>
>>8880582
As a UK anon, I'm crying at the idea of $90,000 being enough to buy a house. That's ~£64,000, when even crappy houses are around £120,000 ($168k) in the UK now.
>>
>>8880669
uk anon, i hear the market is insanely competitive over there- esp in london, even though the prices are crazy. it must be a pain to have a big closet over there if you are renting
>>
>>8880509
Up to 80cm waist on the Maria one? Wow AP. Seems like the girls who can't fit Baby's sizing will go for these.
>>
>>8880669
90k USD is cheap for where i live in the US. a two bedroom is more likely to start around 120k.
>>
>>8880575
I see plenty of teens and those in their 20's looking like hags already. People in their 30-40's can still look good if they don't tan, smoke or drink a lot.
>>
>>8880747
Skincare is key. Nourish that face until it recedes back into your mother's womb.
>>
>>8880669
>>8880727
>>8880727

Aww. Like I said, I live in an area that's pretty cheap to live in and I think part of it has to do with so many people leaving the state (my city's been hit hard with layoffs at a big manufacturing company), but if I was closer to the biggest city, it would be a lot higher for a reasonable single family home. My mom and I have been home shopping lately for fun and the price for a decent 2-3 bedroom ranch runs around the 90-100 k range (and less in the older neighborhoods).
>>
>>8880669
It all depends where. When I lived in NYC, I can rent a room for $700 but it's a 2 bedroom apartment in Lousiana
>>
>>8880764
>also live in a somewhat cheap area
>2br apartment is ~750k
>why live
>>
>tfw want cute pretty Lolita friends
>tfw basically the entire Lolita community besides me is a fat ugly cunt
>/cgl/ being the most concentrated source of fat ugly cunts

I just want to be around other pretty people
>>
>>8880896
Hi mixedracetiddies.
>>
>>8880896
Go live in China, where they shun ugly people.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.