[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Traditional Russian Headdress Known as Kokoshnik
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: kokoshnik.jpg (237 KB, 650x644) Image search: [Google]
kokoshnik.jpg
237 KB, 650x644
I'm looking to make a kokoshnik and have no idea where to begin. I've tried looking online but cannot find a decent tutorial. I've found half decant ones translated from Russian but made of paperboard, candy wrappers and paper. I'm looking for something a little higher brow.
>>
>>8871201
And troll-chan continues the shitposting

And everytime, mods are only a bunch of retards who can't do their job... Or don't want to.
>>
>>8871207
How is this post not appropriate?
>>
>>8871207
This falls under sewing and prop-making, craftsmanship tools/materials tools and tutorials and discussing accessories.
>>
I'm not picky about the type of kokoshnik, any will do.
>>
use the help thread you attention whore namefag
>>
>>8871256
No this is the most appropriate.
>>
>>8871267
No it's not, you fucking faggot. Use the help thread. You don't need to create an entire thread just for yourself.
>>
>>8871267
No, go here and ask. >>8859416
>>
Anyone know any good sites where traditional Russian crafting techniques can be found?
>>
>>8871201
What makes you think that if you don't get a reply in the fucking help thread that making a board will do?
>>
>>8872767
Well it's gotten more attention than the help board so it's working much better.
>>
okay so I have never made a kokoshnik, but paper/board can be used as an insert for the headpiece, to make it stand up, and then use any fabric you would like for the outside. I would trace the shape you want on paper board. Then trace that onto your fabric, with a .5 inch seam allowance. You'll want layers of another filler fabric between the outside, decorative fabric and the paperboard. You can use a fuse-able interfacing to attach the filler/support fabric to the decorative one. Put the two outside fabrics together so the "right" side is sewing, and sew around the top contour part of the nimbus, leaving the seams closest to the head open. Slide the paper board in, stitch the rest closed, and attach it to a very wide kind of headband (I don't know how you'd make that. Perhaps can buy), with the ribbon closure. I'm slightly drunk while writing this so I'm sorry if it's incomprehensible.

Fan plus Friend also makes a kokoshnik headpiece, but from your reference image it looks like you're going for a very traditional nimbus shape. F+F's is somewhat toned down.

I'm interested in making a kokoshnik myself, even though I own the F+F one. So I can pass along any findings to you. Best of luck, kokoshnik chan.
>>
>>8872940
Are you retarded? Op is a troll.
>>
>>8872940
>I'm slightly drunk while writing this so I'm sorry if it's incomprehensible
>>8872956
I think anon is drunker than they think because obvious troll op is obvious
>>
>>8872999
you're right senpai i am trashed
>>
>>8872940
>Fan plus Friend also makes a kokoshnik headpiece, but from your reference image it looks like you're going for a very traditional nimbus shape. F+F's is somewhat toned down.
>I'm interested in making a kokoshnik myself, even though I own the F+F one. So I can pass along any findings to you. Best of luck, kokoshnik chan.

Thank you, I've been looking for this stuff for two days and the only thing I got from it was things starting to auto translate into Russian.
>>
>>8873055
You should check out Voodooodolly's headdresses, a lot are inspired by Russian headdresses. I think she uses buckram as a base.
>>
if you write 'senpai' on this site does it automatically get corrected as 'senpai'?
>>
>>8873070
i tried to write the word spelled f-a-m and it came out 'senpai' i forgot that was a thing
>>
>>8873066
Those are lovely.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.