[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kimono thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: images-1.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
Since last one got pushed to its death.

Hanami season is soon !

>do you plan on dressing up for hanami ?
>any new thing in your tansu ?
>how do you cope with current weather in kimono ?
>>
File: kimono.jpg (99 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
kimono.jpg
99 KB, 500x750
has anyone ever gotten or heard anything about the Uniqlo yukatas?
the one on the left in pic related is the only time where i've ever seen it worn
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/women/featured/yukata.html
>>
>>8865222
I almost bought one yeah, I've seen them irl at the store. Them seem pretty well made and iirc they were on the longer side (165cm ?) so they might be a good option for people around 170cm tall. They came with a matching obi and a little explanation on how to put them on too.
>>
>>8865222
They are pretty good, but as you may expect from the relatively cheap price, the cotton isn't very soft and the inside of the fabric looks a little white-ish. Good value though.
>>
>>8865222
I own the one on the left. The obi it comes with is rubbish, the red is way too pink IRL. Fabric is crispy and linen-like when new but softens in the wash.
>>
>>8865423
any chance you could measure the width of it? the website only lists a length measurement, nothing about how wide the front/back are. also sleeve width would be helpful.
>>
So I recently inherited a yukata from my mother's side of the family that they received from a girl they were a host family for in the 60s/70s, but its just the outer garment and the obi. It seems to just need some cleaning and small repairs from years of neglect, but I want to wear it to hanami when I'm in japan but I'm not sure on the juban for it... should i buy one? Make one (I've made some simple ones for cosplay before), or look for something second hand?
>>
>>8866270
Yukata do not need a juban, but you can purchase a yukata slip or wear a regular slip dress under it for modesty and comfort.
>>
>>8866270
Yukata arent really seasonally appropriate for hanami, it's still quite cold. Wearing a juban doesn't really matter. Maybe you can find a haori or other jackety thing to go with it and make it look more seasonal?
>>
>>8866469
>>8867055

ohhh thanks for the info! A Haori is a good idea for the weather. I hadn't taken that into much consideration since it's already super warm where I live.
>>
>>8865204
Waiting on a BL size black kimono and a red obi in the post(they are in customs atm, so I'll probably get hit with them - shouldn't be too much, maybe €20).
Just received a tartan tsuke obi(nagoya style) but I'll need to make a few adjustments to it(Nothing too major, the commissioner did a rather excellent job considering how cheap it cost!).

Planning on getting a red obijime and obiage to go w/ tartan obi and black kimono. Once that's done and my finances are back on track, I am planning on getting a hitoe houndstooth kimono from kimonomachi.
>>
>>8870403
If the tartan is red in itself maybe yellow accessories would make it pop out a tad better than full red. Or maybe forest green, since it's complementary ?
>>
>>8871757
It's a dark red tartan so I was hoping to contrast the tones(which is why I wanted a bright red) but I might pair yellow or green instead, as I haven't seen anything in red I like. Actually thinking about it now though, green would work 100x better as the obidome I want to pair it with would suit better.

I always find it difficult to pair up the colours in kimono
>>
>>8871861
Iktf, that's why I like dealing with really colorful kimono the best : it's a no brainer, you just have to pick a minor color from the print.
>>
>>8872363
Yeah, most of my kimono are either multi coloured so when it comes to plain kimono I'm at a huge loss. I've seen all the charts and images on Immortal Geisha for colour coordination but I don't get it. I think it's one of those things where I need someone to sit down and explain it to me.

Now I'm trying to find a reasonably priced child's formal obi in red and the struggle is real.

Did anyone here see the Hiromi Asai kimono showcase for New York Fashion week? I forgot all about it but apparently there was a livestream? Do any of ye think that it will have an impact on kimono?
>>
>>8872487
Dropped my pic
>>
>>8870403
BL?
>>
>>8872516
Oh sorry, it's a wide size. I'm fat and have a difficulty getting kimono to close properly without a million and one different tricks(and korin belts!). So I bought it to try it out(it should fit according to measurements), it's rather plain so I'll need to jazz it up with a nice obi but if means I don't have to go through as much trouble as I do with my vintage ones then I'll be happy.
>>
Quick question for you kimono folk, do any of y'all know a place to get nice male kimono?
>>
File: IMG_20160219_080217.jpg (932 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160219_080217.jpg
932 KB, 1080x1080
I wanna buy a much louder kimono for once, and I settle on this one but I don't know which color to chose. Also both are hitoe even though I said I should stop buuing hitoe...
>>
>>8873281
Go red or go home.
>>
>>8873078
Rakuten
>>
>>8873281
Definitely red!
It's absolutely gorgeous, have you a link?
>>
>>8873373
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/giwondou/?l2-id=item_SP_ShopTopInHeader

Here you are. Even their furisode are pretty cheap, I might cave for a juban + hanhaba + komon ensemble. They have super cute retro printed juban to match their roman line, adorable.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.