[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make Up General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: original.jpg (978 KB, 2880x2259) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
978 KB, 2880x2259
Old one's in archives.

Has anyone use eyeshadow sticks? I love the convenience of just swiping on eyeshadow, but my Clio Gelpresso just keeps rubbing off whenever I use it. What eyeshadow sticks will not make my eyeliner rub off? Or what eyeliner will not rub off with eyeshadow sticks?
>>
Lately, I've been getting odd zits that my usual concealer slides off after four hours or so. But doing a local Wayne Goss (powder, concealer, powder) keeps me covered for the whole work day. Weird.
>>
Anyone else sorta grossed/weirded out by this ad and site? It makes me feel like I'm buying used products (ew) because the pictures are so unprofessional looking
Also didn't realize you could target specific boards on 4chan when advertising. Imagine if you couldn't and frogposters got ads for these girly cosmetics
>>
>>8856609
right? The photos looks terrible and there's like 10 things.
>>
>>8856527
I don't use eyeshadow stick myself, but I always get nice ones for my mum. She prefers the Laura Mercier caviar sticks, they have a nice range of colour (mostly neutrals tho). ByTerry ones are beautiful but crazy overpriced. A cheaper alternative to these are the lid smoothies by Natio, but I'm not sure about their availability outside Aus.

If it's the eyeliner rubbing off though, it could be caused by a few different things. The eyeshadow you used could be too creamy for the eyeliner to stick, and might need time/a powder shadow to set fully before you put eyeliner on. It could also be the eyeliner itself, I've had good luck with my gelpresso's but some colours fade faster than others. I don't have any eyeliner recs tho, my mum likes the Nars ones atleast? Also check Temptalia for reviews, she has a big archive.

I hope you don't mind the text chunks, I just wanna cover all the bases haha.
>>
I'm sure you get this all the time, but I'm pretty new to makeup and want to try eyeliner. What products would you recommend? Any tips?
>>
>>8857082
for a pen stila's waterproof eyeliner is good

and l'oreals Lacquer liner is good for gel
>>
>>8857082
Try a pencil or gel liner first rather than liquid. Just get something like maybelline, don't rush out and buy something super expensive because a store clerk tells you to. Don't draw around the outside of your whole eye, most eye shapes are flattered by lining all of the top and part of the bottom, with the line getting thinner toward the inner eye. Take it slowly, watch lots of YouTube tutorials by decent make up artists, and make sure you have makeup remover
>>
>>8857082
Look up basic shit like what is your eyeshape and what kind of make up compliments it then go from there.

Practice and practice, nothing will look good at first and you'll need to take pictures of yourself from different angles to get used to what you look like with and without make up in good lighting. No filters.
>>
>>8857082
What is your eye shape? Do you have a monolid, hooded eyes, etc? This all factors into choosing the most flattering eyeliner shape
>>
>>8856624
Overpriced too
>>
>>8857303
Probably because they aren't a licensed seller and buy cosmetics from places like roseroseshop to resell.

>>8856527
I love eyeshadow sticks. I put my eyeshadow on first and then my eyeliner. It makes my eyeliner stay on better too.
>>
>>8856527

I tried some eyeshadow sticks before, NYX and some Korean brands, but they always felt greasy for me and I never liked the consistency. Eyeshadow powders with creamy consistencies are still my preferred and go to options.

>>8856578
Wayne Goss is godly. I swear, if that man weren't gay I would have hounded him.

Anyways, I have been using Korean BB creams and skincare products but for makeup I have been almost exclusively been using Makeup Revolution London. It's fucking cheap but the formula is pretty good for it's price. The powders are so pigmented and go on like a dream. Their lipsticks are kind of meh for me because I have dark pigmented lips, but their Lip Lava lipsticks are fucking amazing. They mostly make dupes though so if you want a dupe of a high end product like UD's Naked, Too Faced Melted and chocolate palettes and etc. Their mascaras and lipsticks are kind of meh for me but the other products are good.
>>
>>8857299
I'm not OP but I have hooded eyes, please help it's fucking impossible
I can almost draw an ok line with pencil at this point but the thickness is all over the place
>>
What brand of falsies do you guys like the most?
>>
>>8857307
Which brand of eyeshadow stick, and what kind of eyeliner?
>>
>>8857444
Double this. I find youtube videos but most of them aren't good quality and gloss over the important details and or aren't the shape of monolid I'm looking for.

It doesn't help that one of them is a demi lid and the other is hooded but not a fatty hood.
>>
>>8856527
I use eye shadow sticks for my 5 minute, put something on my face so I look like a human being work make-up. I have deep set, hooded eyes that are pretty oily, so I just swipe a champagne color on my brow bone for a little bit of color. Most eye shadow won't stay on my lid/crease with primer (and even then sometimes it won't stay). If I have more time, I prefer pressed powder, but for a grab and go sort of thing, I like them.
>>
Sugarpill has no weird controversy around it, right? I'm interested in some of their stuff. I'm 99% sure I'm just getting it mixed up with Lime Crime, which I know has tons of issues, but I want to make sure.
>>
>>8857804
They don't have any controversy surrounding them, as far as I know. Doe Deere apparently alternated between Shrinkle's biggest fan/hater back in the day (Shrinkle has pretty much wanted nothing to do with her, though)
I like their pressed eyeshadows and palettes, and I'm excited for their liquid lipstick to come back in stock.
>>
>>8857865
Good to hear, anon. I googled sugarpill + controversy, issues, etc. and saw nothing (all results related to Lime Crime) and this confirmation helps. Thanks! I'm in love with that liquid lipstick too.
>>
>>8857804
Nope. Doe Deere tried to fuck Shrinkle over and discredit her after failing to be cooler than her, there was some massive LJ drama back in the day but Sugarpill is legit drama free
>>
Anyone know of dupes for UD's Gash other than the ones listed here
http://releasethebatsss.tumblr.com/post/103426466654/urban-decay-gash-dupered-eyeshadow-masterpost ?
I'd just buy the original except it was discontinued...
>>
Does anyone have suggestions for contouring for really fair skin? I was thinking of buying a palette or stick, but I'm worried anything I pick will be too dark.
>>
>>8859595
Nyx blush in taupe is amazing for pale skin contour! If you have a bigger budget Lunatick Cosmetics Labs has an amazing contour palette for pale skin! Just try to go for more taupe/grey shades for contour.
>>
>>8859595
If you're so white that the lightest shade of makeup is often too dark, consider using a white cream eyeshadow for highlight and a mid tone matte brown eyeshadow (go for warmer or cooler depending on your undertone) for contour, because often pre made contour palettes will be too dark or the wrong tones
>>
>>8856609
>>8856624
hey. that's me actually. I'm sorry. I guess here's the deal with it... I bought some stuff for some of my female friends this christmas and it was really hard to do it in Canada. I hated how annoyingly hard it was and I'm out of work in the oil and gas industry. I thought maybe I'd try to take a plunge and do a trial for a business. The pictures I had planned to do better but both my SLR Camera's batteries had decided to die simultaneously. I did the best I could with a point and shot and very limited work space. I ordered only about 45 individual products because I didn't want to jump all in... this was meant to be a testing the waters experience. I figured if it worked then I could gradually scale up. This is my first time though at anything like this. I actually spend most of my time on /out/ and am a guy. I don't have a particular interest in cosmetics but I hate dealing with bullshit. I had such a hellish experience trying to deal with korean run sites I thought maybe I'll try to make it easier for people to buy this stuff in Canada if they are interested. Believe me dealing with my korean wholesalers is hell on earth. I had strongly debated advertising on 4chan. I thought I've spent so much time here I'd at least give something back in using them for advertising. With shipping it sucks because I can't just start with a business account at UPS and get the price down. I had to go Canada post for now which is like $15 which is absolutely retarded. The only saving grace was that it seemed that even for a large order it would be the same flat rate. For reference I think on about $500 spent I'd make $688, for just $188 in profit to be reinvested in new stock. All in all I'm glad I read what you wrote. I'm just stuck in what I can do about it right now although I'd like to do it better. But I am just a guy trying to start up something. I'm sorry I can't do better and to be honest I don't know that I'd continue now-Pierre
>>
>>8860154
maybe advertise outside of 4chan, like on ebay? Hiro prob appreciates your money but /cgl/ is a bit too savvy
>>
>>8860160
I don't know. I really appreciate the feedback I got here even if it was harsh to read. But I can see from it I have a long way to go to be competitive with this. I don't have tons of time and money to invest to get to that level right now. I did look into amazon and ebay but they take quite a large bite out of transactions if you start to look into it more. I actually chose tictail because it was basically free to use and a while back on /out/ we did some patches using it to make them available to the board members so I had used it from the buyers perspective. ...oh I actually just got 10 or so types of products because I am a guy and I just had read about these ones in reviews and they sounded pretty good. I could tell you all you want about a good aze or knife but I simply don't use cosmetics myself. I kind of figured people would be saying stuff like "can you get this?" or "this one wasn't very good because XXXX". I had planned to then adjust stock to reflect what people actually liked and wanted me to make available. I was kind of getting ahead of myself in the vision of how it would be. Anyway it was an experience and I learned a bit from it. It was just a trial for me after all. But like I said, maybe I got in deeper than I initially realized. I kind of realized there was that risk and that's why I just went small so I could still walk away without any permanent damage. I did order a new SLR battery by the way. So maybe I'll do some better pictures with better lighting when it comes in. I thought the lighting was a little poor and I would have preferred a brighter background to shoot in.
>>
>>8860214
also fun fact: I called it Cosmetics And Whatnot in honour and out of pure utility after Food N Stuff where Ron Swanson shops in Parks and Rec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54SdxmRHV6U
>>
Does anyone know of any Japanese online cosmetics store that sell department store brands lke Anna Sui and RMK? Doesn't have to ship overseas, I'll just use tenso or something. Ichibanko is my normal go to but it's a wee bit overpriced. Cosme.com has Canmake at least.

>>8859595
Seconding Taupe as a contour, it has a real nice ashyness to it. It can be a bit patchy though. Another alternative is Cafe Au Lait eyeshadow from Laura Mercier, more expensive but has a lovely formula. Might also be a bit warm, try before buy.
>>
anyone have contour tips? I feel like every time I do it, the brush is either not precise enough, or too precise and I can't blend it out without it going away completely. Defeats the purpose really. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong as I'm pretty okay with other makeup application like liners and shadows.
>>
>>8860214
If you don't know anything about cosmetics/skincare you shouldn't be trying to sell it.
>>
Hey! I'm 25 and a total ignorant when it comes to make up in general, I only use basic stuff like concealer, foundation, eyeliner, rimmel and blush but I want to start using eyeshadow.

Is Urban Decay Naked 2 a good choice? I like the natural colors that comes with it and it even has black for smokey eyes. I'm asking because a friend is going to USA and I would like to buy it, so he can give it to me, because in my country it's x4 times the price! Is it a good choice for a starting or should I buy something cheaper like Maybelline?
>>
>>8860967
go for a couple wet n wild palettes or the balm nude tude. ud naked 2 is a good palette but it's too pricey for a beginner imho
>>
>>8860967
The Maybelline nudes palette is pretty lacklustre, the eyeshadows aren't that good quality, especially compared to some of their other eye products. And while I find Urban Decay to be overhyped the Naked 2 would be a much better purchase.

Neutral palettes are a pretty fun way to get into eyeshadows too, my favourite is the Too Faced one, the mattes are decent and the shimmers are lovely! But the black in the UD palette is definitely handy, their shimmers are also lovely and you get more bang for your buck. So it's probably the best choice for you.
>>
>>8860907
I actually use my fingers to contour rather than a brush. Have you tried that?
>>
>>8860967
Naked 2 is the best choice of the naked palettes, it's easy to use with a wide range of neutrals and has good quality shadows.
>>
>>8861018
No I have not!
>>
>>8860967
If you're just starting with eyeshadows I wouldn't buy palette with so many nudes. Chances are you're going to use 2-4 and rest is money wasted. Also are you warm toned? Because Naked2 is veery warm toned. Maybe try Naked Basic, if you're set on UD. Or just look into smaller palettes. Depending where you're located, I think Sleek is a good option - their palettes are cheap and decent quality, so you can test waters without spending money on something you may not get much use. They have at least two pretty, neutral ones (Oh so special and Au naturelle, if I remember this right).

If you have MAC or Inglot near you, you can ask MUAs working there for help with building your custom palette and if you change your mind, you can switch one eyeshadow for another.

My general point is, Naked palettes can be overwhelming even for somebody experienced with eye makeup, yet it isn't versalite enough for beginner.
>>
>>8860967
The good thing about naked 2 is that so many people have it that you can probably find good tutorials online about how to use it. I think if you're down with makeup basics it's a good buy. I personally have naked 1 because the colours suit me better, but I'm thinking about getting a dupe for naked 2.
>>
>>8860967
If you are just starting out I would go drugstore first to make sure you like the colors and know how to use them. Covergirl just put out some naked pallet dupes and they're about ten bucks US. I've also heard good things about the new NYC demi levato pallet, and that's even cheaper. Wet N Wild just put out a couple of naked type pallets exclusively to Walmart and Loreal's La Nude isn't bad, but its more naked 1 and naked 3. I think elf has some nude pallets too, but I'm not a huge fan of their eye shadows. Milani just put out some pallets but they defiantly have less shadow than the others.
>>
>>8861113
If you know shit about make up, you don't need 123456 shades of nude. Blending, have you heard about it?

>>8861115
Yes it is. Compare it to at least Naked1 (which is the most neutral of range) to see it.
>>
What BB creams do people recommend for pink toned, combination skin? I'm using Holika Holika Sweet Cotton BB Cream right now but it's a tad too yellow

>>8857391
Thirding the Wayne Goss love over here!

I have 2 of the Revolution chocolate bar palettes and the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons one and I can confirm that the quality is much better with the Too Faced palette but I still use my Revolution ones. Yes, Revolution's pigmented but it has a bit of a waxy texture? They last all day so I don't mind

Also, Superdrug MUA are so good for eyeshadows. The singles are £1 and they're super pigmented.
>>
>>8861146
Ok, I went full retard and mixed those two, so sorry for that. Just good advice, first coffee, internet later.
Still, as someone with very cool pink undertone I woudn't recomend it for everyone, and I'm pretty much sick of people telling it's good for everyone.

For overwhelming part, I meant it more like it's unnecessary unless you're a pro and know what you need it for. For somebody just starting with eye shadows 12 is way too much in my opinion. Many people end up using very few shades, eye make up is my favourite part and I can't imagine myself using so many nudes to make the palette worth it - another reason why I recomended basics version or just a smaller palette in general.
>>
>>8861171
I've already adressed what I meant with 'overwhelming' part. When I was writing my reply, all replies were saying that Naked2 is a good choice. eot for me.
>>
>>8861194
I very well understand what palettes are for, I have quite a few. My point is that, since Nakeds are filled with nudes, the differences you're going to get aren't really worth for me getting this whole (and overpriced as hell here) palette. My choice would be to get palette with less nudes and more pinks, grays, or oranges, reds, depending on your preferences and what suits you. If somebody is fine with staying in mostly neutral range, then Naked palettes may be good choice.
>>
>>8861222

Sometimes people want to do different colors and looks without necessarily going for peacock green and royal purple. Is it that hard to understand why Naked palettes are appealing even to 'beginners'? Dear lord you are thick.
>>
Help requested - I need new brushes but am fairly overwhelmed by all the options and reviews out there! My current ones are cheap drugstore ones, so I'm looking at getting nicer ones. I mainly use angled brushes for eyeliner/lips, shadow brush, blender, and big kabuki brush so I don't think it's worth me getting a set.

So, cgl...
What makeup brushes do you use (brand, type)?
What makeup brushes would you recommend (e.g. you tried your friend's sigma brushes and wanted one, etc)?
Pros and cons of each brush?
Were they worth the price/what's worth paying more for?
>>
Recs for darker bb creams with good coverage and a greyish tone? I'm using skin 79 and like it a lot but the container I got on amazon this time was pretty much empty (having trouble getting any out after two applications)
>>
>>8861167
You're best bet for pink toned BBs are western brands (this goes for anyone that isn't like, pale yellow as well). The Maybelline ones are definitely the best drugstore one. I swear there was a Korean brand that did pinky tones too but I can't remember it right now.
>>
>>8862042
Do they sell it at RoseRoseShop, anon? Everything I've bought from there has been new and sealed.

The Skinfood Mushroom BB is a darker neutral/yellow tone, though!
>>
>>8861373
Currently I use/have the Real Techniques eye set, and the Wayne Goss eye set. I also have a kabuki from Too Faced which is absolutely lovely, but they've redesigned it and I haven't touched the latest version. I don't use face brushes as much, but I've got my eye on the Suqqu cheek brush.

I definitely recommend the Goss set if you can afford it. The bristles are very soft, I think it's squirrel and weasel? And I actually use every brush in the set. The smaller flat shading brush is a bit bleh compared to the others, the hair can be scratchy on that one. The crease brush is so lovely to use, and the pencil one is great for soft and smudgy lining. I also use the round dome one for powder highlighters.

The RT ones are okay, I only use 2 of them regularly. They're good with cream eyeshadows? They don't always pick up a lot of powder though, and the hairs aren't as soft as the Goss ones. But I would probably like them more if I didn't have the Goss ones first. It does have a nice angled liner brush though, so you might get some good usage out of it. I use it for my brows on lazy days and it works very well.

I think RT were a bit too expensive for the quality, but they're like $40 in Australia. If they were $20 then I'd be happy with them. The Goss set was a gift, and unless you are really into make up brushes I don't think you'd wanna spend $150 for a set. I wouldn't spend that much unless I was rich.

Anyway I hope that was helpful? If you want to read about fancy and expensive brushes then I'd recommend Sweet Make Up Temptations. Her blog is very helpful and thorough. And I genuinely do think the RT ones are good, I just have brushes I like more.
>>
>mods delete my actual helpful posts

fuck you too
>>
>>8862042
Try Missha perfect cover

>>8862340
That's really helpful, thanks.

>>8862555
I'm pretty sure they're just trigger happy. I read your post, thanks.
>>
>>8861167
Skin79 in hot pink suits me well and I have the same skin type as you.
>>
>>8860982
>>8861047
I've got that palette, any suggestion of tutorials? I'm a newbie so anything is helpful, really.
>>
Just saw an ad on TV for a cushion-type foundation by L'oreal
First Maybelline's blurred lips and now this; looks like the west is finally catching up to Korea's beauty trends and innovations
>>
File: tumblr_nrpbm8CaCA1qb19x2o1_500.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrpbm8CaCA1qb19x2o1_500.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
Sugarpill anon here, I made my purchase a few days ago and they just announced a 20-30% off sale tomorrow. No price adjustments so I'm a little sad (would've gotten two free eyeshadows too FUCK), but I thought it'd make others happy to know about the sale!
>>
File: Loreal-Paris-Open-Package-PDP.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Loreal-Paris-Open-Package-PDP.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>8863025
Dropped pic whoops
It comes in darker shades than most Korean foundations do but still doesn't have that many dark options
>>
>>8863001
Just look on Pinterest for naked 2 tutorials...
>>
File: 1455200343919.png (128 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1455200343919.png
128 KB, 1000x1000
>>8863162
I actually haven't thought of doing that, thanks, anon.
>>
>>8863025
>tfw interested in the l'oreal cushion but the lightest shade is three shades too dark for my skin

fuck everything
>>
>>8863227
It seems to have rather mediocre reviews compared to Korean ones, especially for its price point though
>>
>>8863231
I have an unhealthy obsession with makeup so I got excited for it

but if I tried it I'd look like snookie
>>
>>8860967
I have Naked 3 but personally I felt like the naked 2 basics palette was less daunting as a beginner and more usable, and it was probably the first real eyeshadow palette I had.
>>
>>8860967
I have naked basics and I have thought about throwing it away a few times, the texture is awful and often gets caught in my dry skin making it very noticeable, or will slip if I use primer or moisturizers. Too faced is much nicer, I really hate UD now
>>
>>8860982
I have both and strongly prefer the Maybelline one, having less pigmentation makes it apply so much more smoothly and you can build it up decently
>>
>>8864133
The chocolate bar palettes are a good mix of neutral and accent that still goes together. I like them better than the Naked palettes. The only down side is that they don't have good staying power even with a primer. For a really blended out look that'd be to your advantage, but it's not suitable for sharper, more defined looks like cut creases.
>>
>>8864133
i def agree here, after i switched from UD to too faced i noticed a huge difference. but >>8864141 is right, i have both chocolate bar palettes and they're amazing for blending but not much else.
>>
>>8864133
I got naked 2 and the original chocolate bar pallete at the same time, I never touch naked 2 and am always using chocolate bar so.

>semi sweet chocolate bar looks ghastly
>the new bon bon pallete is adorable
>>
>>8865646
Semi-sweet isn't so bad, I own all three and it's the one I will take with me on trips if I have to really watch what I pack because I really like the mix of colors. That being said, this comparison of the first two chocolate bars is spot-on and worth your time:
http://www.beauty4free2u.com/2015/01/do-you-really-need-too-faced-semi-sweet.html
>>
Has anyone who's tried the laneige or innisfree cushions be able to comment on their quality/ preference? I'm interested as they have darker shades
>>
>>8865702
Not a fan of the innisfree. It sits really weird on my skin and settles in places I didn't even realize makeup would settle. Prefer laniege by far
>>
Went to High school with this woman.

She does a great job
https://youtu.be/yydcGdqSVP8
>>
>>8865646
Are you best in cool toned shadows? Semi sweet seems like it had some really warm shades in it compared to the original...
>>
>>8865702
Laneige is really nice, one of my favorite cushion, it is scented just to note. The color range is pretty good and the cushion wears very well

Innisfree runs super light and a bit yellow the water glow version is the best one i've tried. But the color range in much smaller.
>>
bampu
>>
Anybody have a preferred cosmetic glitter brand? I've only really heard about Glitter Injections and their new pressed glitters look really impressive.
>>
I usually put on some BB cream and then mattifying compact powder. Would I achieve a better, actually noticeable effect with my make-up if I were to use a primer before?
>>
You guys have any good FAQs or tutorials for newfags?
Like those who don't even know what they should be buying besides eyeliner and shadow.
I'm asking because I don't wanna google and get makeup advice from someone like Michelle Phan.
>>
>>8869779
Depends on what type of finish you want. Do you want a matte finish but your current method won't cut it? Do you want something that would last longer? If you want to stay matte throughout the day a mattifying primer would be a nice addition. The powder would mattify your face, but it might not be able to absorb all the oil your face produces during the day. A primer might be able to absorb the oil before it become apparent.

Also, BB creams don't generally have matte finishes, so that could also be an issue.

>>8869790
The first make up tutorials I watched where from Lisa Eldridge on youtube! She has a lot of videos with everyday/ beginner looks and more editorial stuff as well. She's a professional make up artist, and uses a nice mix of drugstore and department store brands. I also love how she doesn't attempt to do super trendy flavour of the month looks, you won't find any hardcore contouring or super matte lips looks. She has a lot of good advice for base make up too, I love her foundation and concealer methods.
>>
>>8865646
i have both the semisweet and the regular chocolate bar. i actually find a use for both of them. the semisweet has darker colors that look good for being really over the top, while the original has colors that are perfect for every day use.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 750x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 750x621
How does one get a more elf-like appearance? Other than the obvious "get ear surgery and grow out your hair". There has to be some makeup techniques, right?

I have sort of pale olive-ish skin with a lot of freckles and horizontal eyebrows. So naturally my genetics for being an elf queen aren't great.

Not sure if this is the thread to ask, but I figured it was more make-up related than anything.
>>
I'm not sure if this belongs here or the skincare thread but ok. I'm pretty pale and I get sunburn fairly easy. I also live in a very sunny place. Do you gulls know of a good sunscreen for very light skin that doesn't make me smell like a coconut hooker? I'm looking for an everyday use sunscreen that I can toss in my purse and go. Bonus points for cute packaging but not a necessity.
>>
File: LordOTRingsFellowship_264Pyxurz.jpg (142 KB, 1600x1203) Image search: [Google]
LordOTRingsFellowship_264Pyxurz.jpg
142 KB, 1600x1203
>>8869894
You are gonna want a radiant glow to be an elf queen. If you have the money I recommend the becca backlight primer. You can wear it on its own or under foundation for an extra glow.

Also you want to look as natural as possible. A little concealer, dark brow mascara, bb cream. Maybe a light kiss of blush and lip tint.

For an extra elf vibe put some flowers in your hair
>>
File: 1.jpg (122 KB, 1405x2000) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
122 KB, 1405x2000
Does anyone know how to properly apply Jeffree Star lipstick? It's not supposed to come off at all but when my gf uses it, it always comes off and it cracks.
>>
>>8860896
Rakuten?
>>
Any tutorial rec's for complete noobs to makeup?
>>
My face is so fuzzy and my makeup looks dry/caked/porous no matter what I do. Am I just destined to never wear foundation or am I doing something wrong? I currently use tarte amazonian clay makeup in the tube and some decent ulta brushes/beauty blender with l'oreal perfecting base.

Any product/technique recs? I think I need a different primer for sure. My skin is pretty dry always.
>>
>>8870406
I don't have Jeffree Star, but I do use other matte lipsticks. The cracking is because her lips are dry. She should apply chapstick before putting on the lipstick. (I usually put some on at the beginning of my make-up routine, then gently blot it right before I apply lipliner+lipstick.)
>>
>>8870457
Someone literally just asked this.
>>8869790
>>
>>8869894
From what I gather
>big eyes
>small mouth (not Venus-tier but still tiny
>pointy/sticky outy ears
>natural hair, no blowouts
>relatively natural makeup, nothing you'd see on the likes of kylie j
>natural hair colour
maybe if you can't be a regal elf princessu you can aim for a more forest fairy kind of look
>>
>>8860896
beautybay sell anna sui, also sasa.com
>>
>>8870471
that question is literally nothing like their question. What are you smoking bro?

>>8870457
Post pics of your makeup and maybe we can better figure out the problem. If your skin is dry, make absolutely sure to moisturize every time you wash it, get out of the shower, before you put makeup on, and before you go to bed. Also, maybe try a BB cream instead of normal foundation.
>>
>>8870414
I never considered Rakuten for make up shopping, I'm gonna go have a look and see if I find anything I like. Thank you!

>>8870510
I know of beauty bay at least! Unfortunately Sasa doesn't sell some of the brands/products I want but Beauty Bay is on my 'Shops to Try' list.
>>
>>8870527
My mistake, I meant to reply to >>8870417.
>>
>>8870457
maybe use a very light liquid foundation? Sounds like the foundation you have now is too thick.
moisturise, ex-foliate etc
>>
Anyone have any experience buying cosmetics off of taobao? any suggestions?
>>
>>8871060
Why would you do that?
>>
>>8870406
>It's not supposed to come off at all
On the Jeffree Star lipstick pages it says "Kiss proof but not makeout proof." So it will (and does) transfer when you rub it too much and when you eat oily foods. Most liquid to mattes do transfer, the only smudge proof ones I've seen are from Beauty Bakerie
>>
>>8869906
Biore does awesome sunscreens. I use the aqua watery one

>>8869779
You'd achieve a better effect with foundation rather than bb cream. BB creams tend to be all in one products, if you want to get a better base use a product designed for that.

>>8869790
>>8870417
Not really newfag level, but I like the beauty department and bunbun makeup tips (the latter is definitely aimed at Asians though)

>>8870457
Maybe you have the wrong foundation for your skin type. You definitely need to be moisturizing as much as possible, so look at your skincare routine as well

>>8871060
Don't.
>>
I have triple eyelids with deep, long folds that make it almost impossible to do nice winged eyeliner. Does anyone have any good makeup tips/tutorials for triple lids and long folds? Almost every tutorial is for double eyelids. To make it worse my folds are also slighty uneven on each eye. Not just eyeliner tutorials, but any eye makeup tutorials for those type of eyelids would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>8870457
Definitely a primer and don't use brushes. Pat makeup on to avoid exfoliating your skin on application.
>>
>>8871323
It really depends on what the folds are like and how much space you have between them as to what makeup tips you need, do you have a pic of just your eyes? I would look up tips for hooded eyes if you have particularly deep folds. As far as I can tell most people with triple folds ignore their middle fold and just treat the top one as their "crease" when they do makeup.
>>
File: eyes.png (102 KB, 634x195) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
102 KB, 634x195
>>8871343
For my left eye the bottom fold is thicker and kind of fades towards the inner corner of my eye, and for the right the top fold is thicker and the extends all the way inwards. And for both, my fold goes outwards so far that my eyeliner has to go all the way down the fold before I can wing it upwards without it touching the fold, which makes my eyes look kind of droopy.
>>
>>8871378
Yeah, I'd avoid winging your eyeliner and maybe use shadow that flicks upwards instead. I think to get nice even eye makeup you're going to have to create the illusion of a symmetrical crease.
>>
>>8869509
seconding
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>8869916
>>8870508
Thanks anons.

I looked into that backlight primer and looks like I'm allergic to some ingredients. :/ But I found this one and from YouTube reviews it looks pretty good! Same price and I'm getting paid this Friday so I should have enough. :)
>>
Quick question, does anyone know if w2beauty.com is legit? they have a cc cream that i've been wanting for really cheap!
>>
>>8871378
I would maybe look at tutorials for cut creases? They work really well for hooded eyes and they might help you out.
>>
What do Japanese cosplayers use to make their face look so smooth and flawless? I don't mean Photoshop. It's like unshopped photos where they're posed with another cosplayer who didn't use the same makeup regimen and you can see a clear difference between the two.
>>
>>8856609
I get dick pump ads on /k/ and /cm/...
>>
>>8872755
A primer?
>>
>>8872021
They're legit, just kind of expensive because the price of shipping is basically calculated into every item they sell. They do give a shit ton of samples depending on how much you order though.
>>
I don't understand makeup much, so I usually take inspo from Instagram, since Asian techniques don't fit my face. Lately though I've been getting really shitty makeup artists. The thing is, they have TONS of followers. ...how? Like https://www.instagram.com/gracepasserotti/ as an example. Is my taste just bad or something? It looks bad to me, but i don't know wtf I'm doing so?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>8873507
It could be much worse. Like this one isn't bad.

She posts more than just makeup, which is probably where her followers are coming from.
>>
>>8873507
Have you ever looked up the pixiwoo sisters on YouTube? Some of their tutorials are really nice.
>>
best foundation cushion for oily skin?
also - i wear glasses so my nose gets red as the day progresses. anything to help with that?
>>
What are other ways for to make the eyes look bigger? I can't wear circle lenses because I have astigmatism in both eyes. I've seen cosplayers use white eyeliner, but I always found it as a hit or miss in cosplay makeup.
>>
>>8876362
I use white eyeliner on my waterline, then if im doing cosplay i follow one of zwinnieyap's tutorials, but if now, then I tightline my top waterline, and I always do eyeliner that only goes to half the lid.
>>
Anyone know of really good liquid liners? Because I've still found myself liking the elf liquid eyeliner better than other brands. I've tried ABH's liquid liner, and it was really REALLY wet, and the removal was horrendous. I also tried Benefit's push up liner, and I can never really get a good line, its always too thick. Given that's a gel liner but still.
>>
>>8876362
Learn how to shade and shape your eyeshadow to your eye shape to open them up/make them seem wider apart, make sure your lashes fit well, tightline your lid on top and don't on the bottom (it closes your eyes to tightline the bottom lid and makes them seem darker). Basically lighten your inner lid/crease and if you can raise your brows even a bit can help.
>>
>>8873507
People are easily impressed by colourful 'artsy' make up, especially if it's tacky rainbow eyeshadow. She also posts some weird art that is probably another reason she has followers. But hey anon at least you can tell the difference between good and bad make up!

Instagram has some weird recommendations though, sometimes they'll be based off what people you follow like. I get recs for those ugly guys from Supernatural all the time because some lolita I follow likes them. It's, annoying.
>>
I really, really want Lime Crime's Venus palettes, but I know better than to buy anything from Lime Crime.

I could just hunt down all the dupes, but that sounds insanely pricey. What's a comparably interesting palette (preferably along the lines of the Venus II mix) that has some good warm tones for blue eyes?
>>
>>8876698
I heard makeup revolution's neutrals vs newtrals palette is a close Venus dupe. They are Europe based though.
>>
>>8876786
Not too bad! A little muted, but I appreciate the rec.
>>
>>8876362
False lashes definitely help.

>>8876338
If you can afford another pair of glasses, high density lenses + light frames + no nose pads/ones that fit your nose really well and distribute the weight should minimise red marks. If your script is anything like mine that combination will be incredibly expensive though. I tend to use BB cream and setting powder but leave it off the area my glasses sit on, so don't have any help regarding the foundation cushions sorry!
>>
>>8876383
I like Stila's 24 hour eyeliner pen. It has a fine tip, goes on easy and leaves no transfer on my hooded eyelids. Also comes in a bunch of different colors.
>>
>>8869894
point to realize, even with perfect makeup, a lot of the aesthetic of this picture comes from the reflection of light on the snow. Gives a very ethereal look to everything
>>
Anyone know where I could find a nice pigmented light pink eyeshadow?

I have one from the too-faced pallete but it shows up more as white/blends in too easily. not very pigmented.

im a light tan/olive skin tone if that helps. I'dperfer a small pallet, or individual pot but I won't be picky.
>>
>>8860907
Are you using a beauty blender/ I saw a major difference when I switches from a brush to blend to a blender. They're really like magic. And use different sized sponges for the beauty blenders too. they're sold everywhere so they're not too hard to find.
And are you using a cream contour? I always find the powder contours are impossible to blend. Even ABH.
>>
>>8863026
this is so cool
>>
>>8877429
what cream contours would you suggest?
I've literally looked everywhere and haven't been able to find one.
Would a concealer in a darker shade do as well?
>>
>>8877165

Why dont you try MUR? They're cheap and well pigmented so they wont break your bank.

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/new/new-trals-vs-neutrals-palette.html
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
>>8877165
>im a light tan/olive skin tone if that helps.
>>
>>8877497
>>8877500
thanks, I'll definitely try.
This is the more like the color I'm trying for.
>>
>>8877429
I'm also super pale so using too dark a contour may be hurting me. Actually yes since I made that post I picked up a beauty blender and it helped a lot!!
>>
Anybody have MUA instagram recs? I could always follow more interesting MUAs for instas
>>
>>8877539
Maybe colourpop bubbly if you aren't specifically looking for something matte? https://colourpop.com/product/pink-eyeshadow-bubbly/ or maybe some of their matte blushes could work too.
>>
>>8877539
If you don't want to buy a new eyeshadow, putting on NYX white eye pencil before applying your eyeshadow will make sure that it's true color shows up.
>>
File: Jesus-Facepalm.jpg (32 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Jesus-Facepalm.jpg
32 KB, 200x200
mfw people unironically recommend buying and wearing makeup from wish/aliexpress.
>>
File: IMG_20160222_094411.jpg (92 KB, 782x286) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160222_094411.jpg
92 KB, 782x286
Can I get some concrit? I really want to improve my eyeshadow and have been told my make up looks like shit recently so I figure it's time for more practice and doing things differently.

So I use smashbox shadow primer and watch youtube videos but I'm still doing something wrong. Also I have hooded deep set eyes and my eyeliner always looks like garbage because I have to go in and fill in gaps after I brush it on. I've tried gel, cream and felt tip liner and none seem to make a difference - my skin just moves around too much, I can't get clean lines. Unless there's something I'm missing?
>>
>>8879152
Oh, oh no, anon.
For one, you may have deep sets and deep lids, but those aren't hooded.
And just stop with the eyeshadow for now. Start with eyeliner and mascara and work on eyeshadow later. My personal favorite it is the revlon colorstay eyeliner for staying power (the original, not the skinny) but gel eyeliners are easier to apply. Don't do the wings at first. Just try to get matching lines on each eye first. I LIGHTLY pull the corner of my eye out and half-shut my eye, then apply a line. To do a wing, I pull the skin from farther away, then continue to draw a straight line. When I let go of the skin, the line naturally curls up.
For eyeshadow, try to stay underneath the crease at first. Right now it goes way past the crease and it looks kind of 3rd graderish. Try to stick to neutral colors too.
>>
>>8879152
Don't believe instagram or yt gurus. That eyeshadow look will never look good irl. It's only for editorials and or heavily filtered selfies.

Eyeliner is a journey. Mine used to look like a mess, too, but one I trained my hand to be steady, it got better. I also have to rest my palm on my face to stabilize my hand. If you want good wings, Google the tape trick. I always use that for fast, sharp wings.

For the love of makeup, stick to a neutral eye look at first. Once you master that, you can move on to crazier stuff.
>>
>>8878279
I've tried this actually, it doesn't seem to help. it sometimes makes the color muddy?

>>8878185
ahh i love color pop, this might work!
>>
>>8879224
If they aren't hooded what are they? In other threads I gathered mine were hooded because they fold over?

Also Revlon color stay doesn't stay on my lids so I switched to sephora brand.
My problem is more that my eyelid skin is very wrinkled and moves around too much when I apply anything, even primer to it. That means I have to pull my skin? I try not to touch my face at all because I've already got wrinkles.

>>8879240
>That eyeshadow look will never look good irl. It's only for editorials and or heavily filtered selfies.
I see girls where I live who do it and their eyes look fine?
I'm gonna eventually make an appointment at sephora so I can get some proper professional tips but thank you both!

And I will practice more neutral stuff later.
>>
>>8879152
>>8879240
I agree that eyeliner is a journey. I was also going to respond with it takes a lot of time and practice to be good at applying eyeliner. I'd personally say start with gel and a brush as I think it's more forgiving. Then you can graduate to liquid/felt tip.

I've been doing winged eyeliner, literally, everyday for the past 7 years. I wasn't always good at it, but from doing it so much I got good. It's all just muscle memory.
>>
>>8879539
Thank you! I've been doing it twice a week for a year now. I've improved a lot and can get even lines it's just a lot of work because like I said, it's more that the wrinkles are actually on my eyelid and not just the usual smile lines everyone has to deal with. Also I have a huge fold in my eyelids that makes it tricky.
I've used both brush and felt tip and they seem the same? Any help there?

Also I always do my liner last, I hope it doesn't look like I'm doing it first?
>>
File: lol.jpg (247 KB, 782x591) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
247 KB, 782x591
>>8879152

Ok here's a few things
>not using eyeshadow primer
>using a white or light skin color on inner lid makes any gradient work well
>want the color in crease and end of the lid to be dark to add more depth
>you either need to get your eyebrows waxed so the strays are gone, or learn to fill in your brows like a pro. I'm going to suggest waxing. threading hurts more, and isn't always accurate but other people usually recommend threading.
>you need white/light color under your arch.
>use makeup remover on a q-tip to shape your eyeshadow after you blend.
>your eye is eye good
>always use mascara after your use eyeshadow to cover the fall out, and so it matches your eyeliner.

i made a picture incase to better explain. hope this helps.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>8879536
I've always been under the impression that "hooded lids" implied that the brow bone skin was what folded over. Yours just looks like a deep crease unless the photo was taken at a weird angle.
I think some pulling is necessary to smooth out some of the small wrinkles. You don't have to tug, though! I just touch the corner and just barely pull until the skin is taut.
>>
>>8879536
>I see girls where I live who do it and their eyes look fine?

Yeah I doubt it. Either that or their eye shapes are just really good to begin with. If you're compensating for hoods, puffiness, etc. you can't pull that shit off.
>>
Does anyone have black lipstick recs? Everything I've ever grabbed off the shelf locally for cosplay has needed frequent touchups and been sort of oily in a way that more common colors definitely aren't. That's fine for cons, but I want some for day-to-day use whenever the tacky mood strikes.

Ones available at Sephora or Ulta would be best, but I online stores are fine by me too!
>>
>>8879761
The best black lipstick i've ever seen is Jeffree Star lipstick in Weirdo. The only thing is that it dries matte.
>>
>>8879767
Ooh, I've heard good things about the Jeffree Star lipsticks but haven't checked that out for myself yet. And matte is totally fine, thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>8879654
Ah thank you, I was always under the impression you weren't supposed to do that cause it causes wrinkles but I have them anyway so whatevs. I will try what you said about not tugging.
>>
>>8879761
Kat Von D's liquid to matte lipstick in the shade "wicked" is amazing. I can eat with that stuff on and it wont budge.
>>
>>8879827
I don't know why I didn't think to check any of the Kat Von D stuff, I have a liquid eyeliner from her collection and completely love it. Thanks!
>>
File: dsc_2057.jpg (3 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
dsc_2057.jpg
3 MB, 3872x2592
>>8877539
I have olive skin as well, so a lot of lighter colors don't show up well. The pink color in Maybelline's Copper Chic quad looks really nice and has good pigmentation.
>>
I hate mascara for all it feels and smudges like, but of course love the look of it. I've recently seen eye lash serums here and there which I'm interested in because of this. Can anyone recommend me a nice one?
>>
>>8880000
how about not being a sweaty, fat greasy bitch?
>>
>>8877165
sugarpill's birthday girl is nice
>>
>>8880002
Oh hey resident shitposter. Are you the bored housewife or did she finally go away?
>>
>>8880000
The only one that definitely works is latisse, but the effect from that is longer, not thicker lashes. All the ones like revitalash and lilash that had similar ingredients were reformulated I think. You could also look at lash extensions....
>>
>>8880051
Not that other anon but what about something doesn't clump up? I've tried different drug store brands and I feel like I should just spend more for something that doesn't make my eyes look like they have spider legs.
>>
>>8880504
Too faced better than sex
>>
>>8857804
I just want to say, I got a chance to do some temp work for them the last couple weeks. It was amazing. The warehouse and office are super clean and tidy. They treat their employees, even the temp ones, very well and everyone cares about the product and the company. And Shrinkle is super nice. I highly recommend them not just because they have amazing product, but they are an amazing company.
>>
Probably been asked a billion times, but how good are Urban Decay's lipsticks?
>>
>>8880587
which formula? they have several different kinds
>>
>>8880504
do not fucking get too faced BTS. everyone recommends it but it isn't that good. I'd recommend Dior iconic overcurl
>>
>>8880591
I really like one of the Gwen Stefani shades!
>>
>>8880609
you should be good then. they aren't personally my favorite formula ever but they aren't bad at all
>>
>>8880629
Thank you anon!
>>
>>8876383
Kat Von Dee's Tattoo liner. It's about on par with the Stila but I find the tattoo liner's tip better.
>>
>>8880519
>>8880592
Thanks, these mixed reviews really helped!
>>
>>8880592

Seconding this opinion.

I wasn't wowed at all despite my friend raving about it. It didn't really give volume and I kept getting the racoon eye effect.

I personally like Benefit's "It's real!" better. Gives my shitty asian eyelashes length without effort and doesn't leave marks under the eyelid.
>>
>>8880592
>>8881847
Gonna have to third this. I got it as a sample, and it wasn't really great. Became clumpy and dried out pretty quickly too.
>>
>>8876383
Personally like Clinique's liquid liner but it smudges easily if you touch your face. You need to use eye shadow primer to avoid the racoon effect with it though. I would not recommend Stila, it flakes and cracks off after a few hours of wear.
>>
>>8881847
>>8881855
Thank you guys, I actually read reviews similar to yours on amazon I think? That's why I thought to ask.
>>
>>8880701
I keep hearing rave reviews of Kat Von D's liner but I bought a set of it at Marshall's once and I really hated it... It hardly goes on over eyeshadow and smudges easily for me, what am I doing wrong?
>>
good liquid eyeliners under $30 in Australia? Master precise is 'okay' but I'm sick of it drying out in under a month.
>>
okay gulls, I need your help.
I'm completely new to foundation, I've already bought moisturizer+primer, and plan on buying a nice setting spray/powder as well. I thought it would be better to start with a cheaper/drugstore foundation to practice /get used to wearing foundation in my spare time, but here's my problem. Absolutely every drugstore foundation I've tried so far is way too orange/dark for my skintone. I'm from Europe, and most foundations have natural beige as the lightest color here, which is too dark. Does anyone have any recommendations on foundation that comes in lighter shades but isn't too expensive? Or should I just save up and buy a high end foundation? thanks in advance!
>>
>>8881888
It takes a couple swipes for opacity, but do you do it with eye primer? Because that definitely really helps.
>>
I bought a 1$ eyeshadow on Aliexpress but is not pigmented at all!It faces so quickly. Can anyone recommend and eyeshadow? My budget is 1$ but I can go for 2$ max if necesssary
>>
>>8882126
save up money and don't buy shit with 0 quality control from a random chinese website
>>
>>8882126
If that's seriously your budget then you should probably use the dust collecting behind your fridge. It's better than anything you'll find for less than two fucking dollars.

You're probably a troll though so w/e.
>>
>>8882112
Revlon colorstay in ivory? You can buy it from the UK, and it's only like £12 with shipping depending on where you are
>>
>>8882126

Lead paint.
>>
>>8882126
Theory:

The troll posts on /cgl/ are actually just janitors trying to kill the user base. Janitors despise /cgl/, so they are trying to troll it out of existence.

*puts on tinfoil hat*
>>
>>8882112
If you're looking just in the stores, then shopping online for the same brands might yield better results. Some stores only have certain shades in stock while the same brand online might have lighter shades
>>
>>8882126
I know this is an obvs troll but I'm genuinely curious about the quality of Aliexpress and Taobao make up. I'd try it myself if wasn't 99% likely that it has lead in it. If anyone has bought any for shits and giggles please tell me what it's like.
>>
File: DSC_0039.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0039.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>8877539

Looks like the one I have from MUR. It's called Redemption Palette Matte Brights. It's a really pigmented pink similar to your photo
>>
>>8883862

Forgive the dead skin. It's winter and I didn't put lotion on today.
>>
>>8879991
Not the anon that you're helping out but this is super helpful!
>>
>>8882945
Thanks for the suggestion! This one looks really nice! I just looked up some blogs with reviews, I think this color will match
>>8883204
Thanks for the tip! You were right,online I found the shades that might've matched.
>>
>>8883898
I'm glad I could help!
>>
>>8882972
Nah, from what I've seen she's just a fat ita. It's pretty hilarious that they picked her. She clearly got no idea what she's doing.
>>
I'm just now getting in to contouring and the contour is fine but the highlight is where I'm having problems. Everything is all about strobing or having that dewy, glazed donut look. I'd just like a matte liquid highlighter for under the eyes, forehead, nose, etc. I've used white eyeshadow but powder doesn't seem to work with me.
I love illuminators but i think I'm using it right (only on the top of the cheekbones, under the brow) so I wouldn't put it where I'd want to highlight. I'd just look like a giant greasy mess
>tldr: liquid highlighter recommendations that aren't shiny/glimmery?
>>
I just signed up for ipsy and chose mostly brands I'd heard good things about: urban decay, too faced, smashbox.
The people who recommended it are my 16 year old sister-in-law and a few suburban housewives and 30-somethings coworkers. And browsing the IG tag is making me anxious. I'm not too sure of my decision. I also break out super easy so I'm a little concerned about any concealers they might send me
Any of you ladies have any opinions on it?
>>
>>8884351
good job throwing away your money for a bag of shitty samples
>>
>>8884352
I disagree. I have ipsy and I absolutely love it. Why waste $30 on trying an eyeshadow or lipstick you might hate when you can spend $10 and try four or five different things. Not to mention you do get full sized shit sometimes.

Any Instagram makeup gurus anyone wants to recommend? I like videos mostly instead of the super photoshopped pictures you get from most of them. I'm tired of seeing the same cat-eyed, dark-lipped, messy-bunned girls
>>
>>8884351
I had ipsy for a year and it was ultimately hit or miss for me. Reason being I'm not very experimental and don't go out enough for extravagant makeup looks. It was something fun to look forward to and it was always a surprise but I decided to cancel because my collection was accumulating greater than I could ever get through it.

I highly recommend creating an eDivv account though so you can trade the items you don't want for items you do want. (I don't get any shill money for suggesting this)
>>
>>8884268
What about a cream highlighter? Or matte white cream eyeshadow?
>>
>>8884351
I like Ipsy, they send me things that I probably wouldn't get around to trying myself. They're not always great for me, so my roommates like Ipsy too.
And you will never have to buy another zippered cosmetic pouch.
>>
>>8884484
I like ahitsrosa (she always does super vibrant looks), delilah_crane (does a lot of body paint and interesting eye looks) and risa_dexter
>>
>>8884351
I just signed up too but I don't want to spam my friends just to get off the waitlist...
>>
>>8884819
Just share on the social media sites and delete the posts after you get off the wait list. I was able to set my Facebook post to "friends only" and I don't have any friends on Twitter nor Instagram (those accounts are strictly for stuff like this).
>>
>>8883862
thanks! Unfortantly I can't find this palette for sale anymore. figures :/
>>
>>8870457
Dermaplaning changed my makeup and exfoliation game. You can diy it with an eyebrow razor or have an esthetician do it.
>>
Sorry if this has been asked before but I figure this is the place to ask at all. I have huge pores and I've tried numerous makeup products to cover them and nothing has been right so far (my most expensive purchase is skin79 which didn't work as well as hoped). Because makeup is so expensive, I'm wondering if I can get a product recommendation.

My pores are so big that blackheads in them just look like freckles from a distance, and cleaning actually makes it worse cause then it just leaves hollow craters until the blackheads return and the craters look like acne scarring, when they aren't. It's a mess. I'm only in my mid-20s but I keep wondering if I just have to resort to surgery someday.

I'd at like to look good in cosplay and Photoshop isn't really an option because my photographer won't touch up my skin cause she thinks my imperfections should just stay natural.
>>
>>8884911
http://www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-Redemption-Palette-Matte-Brights/p/979713
>>
>>8884945

Do you use toner? consider getting a facial.
>>
>>8884819
>>8884848
Pretty sure you can also set the shares to "only me" so you're the only one who can see it
>>
>>8884484
I mean if you aren't retarded it's really easy to get samples of shit for free instead of funneling Michelle Phan money
>>
>>8884848
>>8885467
I was going to try that last night, but now it's not letting me connect to facebook, lol. It's almost like they don't want me to join their social pyramid scheme
>>
>>8885471
that's exactly what it is. they fool dumb girls into giving up money when you can walk into Sephora and ask "can I have a sample of this?" and then walk out without paying money

dumb cunts ACTUALLY PAY Michelle for shit they could get for free
>>
>>8885477
Just realised that I meant to quote>>8885461 instead of your other post, but yeah.

Maybe I'll try another beauty box, especially since now I'm reading more about Michelle. I used to like her in '08 but I didn't keep up with her much since then. Oh well. Any recommendations?

Also more on topic, I'm getting a package from Sephora today. Couple lipsticks and a beauty blender set.
>>
>>8885490
I figured you didn't mean to quote me but any chance to get people to steer clear from shit that will do nothing but steal from them I'll take

seriously people, don't fucking sign up for ipsy. if you want retardedly small samples go to Sephora and just ask instead of throwing money at someone who is notorious for shoveling out complete bullshit
>>
>>8885477
>>8885492
Ulta gives out samples as well, often the same brands if not better than ipsy. I'm a Platinum member and have gotten at least 5 coupons since the beginning of the year for free deluxe samples of new items with any purchase. Even when they didn't have the item the coupon was for in stock I was able to get a just as good sample for $0.01.
>>
File: 20160224_192004.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160224_192004.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
So I got some etude house stuff because I always heard rave reviews for it on here... so far the only thing I like is the cherry tint stuff and holy shit they are not kidding about being water proof, my make up remover usually has no problem removing waterproof stuff but the darker lip tint lasted more than a day and I couldn't get it off!
Also the mascara did not give full eyelashes and clumped up like any other mascara would. I tried using it like the packaging said, left it on for a day because like the rest of it, couldn't get it off, and then tried again without using their method and got the same results and still couldn't get it off until a day later so at least it's got strong staying power.
Unfortunately most of what I got doesn't look how I want it too aside from the cherry tint which looked great but I haven't even bothered trying to get it off because the other one made me look like a crack addict when I tried to remove it.
Their packaging is really pretty tho...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure why this stuff is always talked about.
>>
>>8885568
Urgh, sorry about sideways image
>>
>>8884945
What primer do you use?
>>
>>8881888
Your product might be old? Sometimes the makeup at Marshall's sits around for a while. That's not a huge deal with most products but felt tip liners in particular dry out and get weird really fast.
>>
File: tdjudtru.jpg (269 KB, 620x472) Image search: [Google]
tdjudtru.jpg
269 KB, 620x472
>>8860214
i have to agree with >>8860910, you don't have to love the products you sell but at the very least you need to understand the market. Being passionate about your products certainly helps but a motivation sell, with a good understanding of your customers is an absolute must.

Testing the market is all well and good but starting off with poor presentation will get you nowhere. An attractive presentation and easy to follow page is the bare minimum really, you don't necessarily have to invest lots of money at this stage. I picked up an old d40 slr on ebay for for under 100 dollars and you can achieve pro looking results with just some cheap card backdrops and lamps, if your just shooting relatively small products it's especially achievable. Being a bit creative with presentation can help too as long as the products are still being accurately showcased and are the main point of focus.

One of the major drawing points of kawaii cosmetics is adorable packaging plus decent quality products, the kind of people buying this stuff tend to really appreciate presentation and attention to detail. Just look at the kawaii makeup type blogs on tumblr etc, they lap up cute arrangements of cosmetics with soft filters and all that kinda stuff - soft, feminine and dreamlike, which frankly is pretty much the complete opposite of what you have going on.

I don't mean to discourage you or just sound like a dick for the sake of it, but seriously anon, if you want this to work I really think you need to take these basics on board in order to make things work.
>>
>>8885806
>>
File: Cat-Chu-e1442780390729.jpg (44 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Cat-Chu-e1442780390729.jpg
44 KB, 550x550
>>8885826
>>
>>8885828
>>
File: IMG_20160226_144546.jpg (1 MB, 1330x3094) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160226_144546.jpg
1 MB, 1330x3094
Wow the make up thread is easy to troll.

Now back on topic - does this stuff do what I think it does and white will the skin get and how long does it last?
>>
What do you think would be a decent eyebrow color with unnatural pastel hair? I have just plain brown eyebrows normally, but they look way too natural compared to my hair color.

I don't want to fill them in too much or make them too dark aka tumblr eyebrows, but I don't think I want to have bright purple eyebrows either. I'm thinking a sort of light milky brown akin to >>8869894 might be a better option.

If there's any unnatural hair color gulls, what do you do with your eyebrows and what is your dyed hair color?
>>
File: blue.png (183 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
blue.png
183 KB, 500x750
I know this is a little off topic (I didn't want to start a whole new thread), but what are the good websites to order circle lenses from?

Literally everything on pikyparadise is out of stock.
>>
>>8886063
Try HoneyColor or Uniqso
>>
>>8886063

I use lensvillage!
>>
Did wife-chan decide to derail makeup thread today?

>>8886067
>lensvillage
Not that anon, but never heard of that, how's your personal experience?
>>
Hello, this is a stupid question, but for very pale skins do you know a good foundation on ebay?
Sorry I don't know much about make up, if anyone could help .. thank you.
>>
>>8886063
>tfw such big doe eyes no lenses are bigger than my eye
>if they are they're really trashy or make me look like an alien

I-I just wanna cosplay
>>
>>8886106
what kind of skin do you have?

oily/dry/combo
cool or warm undertone?
>>
>>8886106
lead paint.

don't buy makeup from ebay. (or aliexpress, or wish or taobao or anything like that.)
Just go to a drugstore or go to a proper online makeup store.
>>
>>8885926
I have pastel purple hair and naturally thick black brows. I don't fill them, I think they look okay
If you don't want black eyebrows I think you should go for dusty, ashy, greyish brown cause when they are warm they clash with pastels most
>>
>>8886066
Both of them are shady and I have heard countless horror stories about their bad customer service.Also uniqso is really overpriced.

>go for pinkyparadise instead
>>
>>8886135
Asked in the help thread, but do any of these stores take paypal anymore? It looks like every single one has stopped accepting it.
>>
>>8886112
combo and id say warm? didnt know this was important

>>8886122
this might sound stupid but im too shy to go to a make up store ;; all the ladies look very beautiful, and then there's me not wearing any make up.. i feel really out of place and like they are judging me for even being there
>>
>>8886153
Go to a drugstore, I don't know where you're from but I think most countries have like makeup at super markets or cheaper stuff.

I personally like urban decays naked foundation, I'm very pale and it suits me well, Mac also does very pale stuff if you don't care about animal testing. If you're afraid of shopping instore, don't be afraid of shopping online, just avoid sites that aren't official stores like ebay. Stick to things like the sephora website, department stores etc. otherwise you might seriously danger yourself with lead or chemicals. You don't know shit what goes into the stuff you find on ebay.
>>
>>8886158
thank you so much :) i never thought of just going to a supermarket.
>>
>>8884945
I use a shiseido softener after I wash my face and before I apply moisturiser. I never gave a shit about my skin back in high school, man there was such a huge difference after I started to use this brand.
>>
>>8879761
http://www.hardcandy.com/beauty-lips/aa_01_fierce-effects-lipstick-black-diamond/

I don't own this one in particular but I do own Thunder from the same line and it feels AMAZING and never dries me out. The pigmentation is amazing for the price.
>>
File: Glow Fleur Cheeks.jpg (29 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
Glow Fleur Cheeks.jpg
29 KB, 200x300
dumb question (google-fu was a no-go) but doses anyone know the easiest place to pick up canmake Japanese brand within Japan? I know it's very common brand but I have a (male) friend going there and I don't think they'd fancy the idea of trailing around cosmetics stores etc. I hear that you can sometimes find their stuff in general drug stores and convenience stores(?). The easiest places to just nip in and grab dat shit would be best - he'll be in the general central Tokyo and Osaka areas for most of his stay.
>>
>>8886365
Pretty sure you can find it in most convenience store. I remember seeing a lot of makeup around Family Mart.
>>
>>8884995
I don't use toner. I used to but I felt like it dried out my skin. I guess I could get a facial from a friend who works at a place for that stuff (too embarrassed to bring up my skin problems to her and just try to pretend they don't exist)

>>8885739
I just use skin79 (the orange one) cause I think it's a tinted primer, so it doubles as a foundation to avoid that caked on look.

>>8886197
Oh I have heard good things about that brand. I could give that a try.
>>
>>8886158
>Mac does very pale stuff

m8 all of the foundations in Mac are too dark for me

I don't know what the fuck you consider "very pale", but you aren't it
>>
>>8886475
Seriously. All of MACs foundations look yellow on me.
Nars Siberia is one that I can blend in enough.
>>
>>8886523
that one is too dark on me too
>>
>>8886467
Yeeeah no. You need a separate pore filling primer, you can't use bb cream for that.
>>
>>8886597
You must be a real ~pale snowflake princess~
>>
>>8886597
>>8886523
>>8886475
>I'm the palest princess
>no I'm the palest princess
Reddit pls
>>
Where can I find eyeshadow trios/quads in these colours that aren't too pigmented or glittery?
>>
File: 1456533748416_mh1456536780853.jpg (1 MB, 800x1086) Image search: [Google]
1456533748416_mh1456536780853.jpg
1 MB, 800x1086
>>8886650
Dropped pic? My phone's acting up
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.