[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would i go about cosplay this? Sans the guns because ill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_ncrsdjUcyc1tjtjdpo2_1280.jpg (282 KB, 1280x1761) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncrsdjUcyc1tjtjdpo2_1280.jpg
282 KB, 1280x1761
How would i go about cosplay this?
Sans the guns because ill just buy any old airsoft toy for cheap.
Its an XOF soldier from MGS V
>>
>>
>>
Check out some surplus stores for boots and some fatigues. Airsoft websites for things like the chest rig and holster and maybe even the grenades. No clue about the helmet though.
>>
>>8856075
go to the help thread instead of making your own
>>
>>8856075
Go
>>8836148
>>
>>8856075
those boots look like type 2 jungle boots from the Vietnam war era but black and the helmet seems like it's a form of tank operator's helmet
>>
>>8856075
also the uniform looks like a gray pilot's jump suit
>>
Chest rig and holsters can be purchased from sporting goods stores, depending on your location. The rest is from surplus stores or you could try /k/'s kommando store.
>>
>>8856075
First off, your best bet would be purchasing the various parts, as if you're here asking this sort of question you don't have the advanced skills to make most of it.

What you're looking for is a Molle style chest rig and ammo packs (which can be purchased at local military surplus stores, or online. Amazon even has it)
the straps you see going around the legs are actually part of a larger (now outdated) rig for being picked up via helicopter called the SPIE harness and the straps are actually vinyl webbing.
The helmet is a pilot's helmet which makes sense given the grey jumpsuit seems to also be a pilot's suit. Any coverall pattern should do, or just buy a grey coverall, you can even order those at walmart, I think.
The goggles are a separate piece, an also available at army surplus stores.
The helmet you might have to settle for a motorcycle helmet, or a modified baseball helmet.
The rest I think others have mentioned.
>>
a solid 95% of MGS outfits are made up of real gear.
Go ask /k/, but try to avoid making a specific thread for it. It's faggy, especially here on /cgl/.
>>
Hey dude, I just got back from Katsu dressed as a XOF operator from Ground Zeros.

I used this as a reference, http://zimhangmen.tumblr.com/post/98889918508/i-do-have-plans-to-do-a-cosplay-as-a-xof-soldier

However you can deviate a bit and make it your own little get up. Im too broke to buy and modify a CVC helmet (as pictured in your photo) so I used a different helmet (MICH i think) and painted it white with the stenciled designations and what not.

The biggest problem I think is the gun, which is a franken-gun mix of a Škorpion vz. 61 and an UZI, so you may have to settle on something else if you dont want to build it.
>>
>>8856075
Wellco all black jungle boots
Grey coverall
Green neoprene combat gloves
NON-Molle assault chest rig
Drop leg pistol holster
Climbing harness (harness in picture is part of heliassault rig, ultra expensive to buy on collector's market)
Crash helmet, spray paint white, put tape on back

For the headset and gasmask, you can buy cheap airsoft copies
Might be better to go for the non gasmask version, goggles are simple and cheap, respirators are expensive, uncomfortable to wear, and finding one in that type of pattern is going to be difficult

You can make the incendiary grenades from airsoft frags that have been used and then painted h
>>
Just a note on the harness; if you check surplus stores, you might be able to find a pilot's parachute harness relatively cheaply, and they're pretty close aside from color, which you can fix with dye.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.