[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AOD 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: aod.jpg (116 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
aod.jpg
116 KB, 900x900
Anyone going to AOD this year? They've moved (again) to the Santa Clara Convention Center and I'm wondering if it's worth it to go this weekend (2/13-2/14).
>>
>>8854356
I'm going to be in the area for business so i'm going to check it out to see what its all about. I'm from out of state/.
>>
Going cuz they are bring in interesting guests this year.
>>
Guests are decent and AOD is a pretty decent local con

I'll be in the AA as P4D Naoto one day and Jyushimatsu the other!
>>
I've never been to AOD but I'm local so I'm thinking about going a day maybe.
It might be a good chance to introduce my bf to cons since I'm taking him to fanime this year.
>>
It's closer than ever to me now so no reason not to go. A bunch of people I know are going too.

>>8855124
Aww yee Osomatsuuu
I'm Ichimatsu within my group and it's literally going to be the most comfortable cos ever.
>>
This will be my first AOD. The sad part is that I've been local to it for the whole of its years of existence.
>>
I was gonna go but due to stuff I can't which makes me mad because I was gonna do photoshoots and couldnt wait to meet Lotus Juice
but it's ok, I rescheduled them and hopefully I can be able to meet isuna and LJ again
>>
Going bc they're actually bringing over good guests this year. With the new Spice and Wolf sequel just announced I definitely want to check out Isuna Hasekura's panels
>>
>>8857147
haha fuck me I didn't even see that news
might have to put some things in motion now
>>
Anyone going Day 0 tomorrow?
>>
Going because I'm a lonely piece of shit on valentine's day and now I can be a creeper on valentine's day.
I'm going to lick the knees of as many female cosplayers as possible.
>>
>>8860437
The knees because you get off on being kicked?
>>
>>8860495
Yes mistress.
Back of the knee.
>>
It's my first time at AOD and I'm doing artist alley all weekend. I'm actually really excited for the Hatoful Boyfriend panel and guests as well.
>>
File: lewd.png (304 KB, 2500x2641) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
304 KB, 2500x2641
Going sat/sun

AoD is always a pretty solid con I think

Still got space in a room if anyone needs
>>
>>8860915
AA bros holla

>tfw you got a ton done today so you don't actually have much to finish tonight and might actually get sleeeeeeeep
>>
File: aod2016.jpg (129 KB, 1124x800) Image search: [Google]
aod2016.jpg
129 KB, 1124x800
Going to be attending since I'm also a local and AOD has always been pretty chill.

I'll be wearing pic related for Saturday/Sunday respectively. Probably mainly will hang out in the gaming room since I'm just a big gaming nerd and I know that their gaming room is going to be awesome this year (again).

Also looking forward to attending the Yuu Asakawa/Isuna Hasekura panels along with the fansubbing panel since it'll be run by a couple of guys I used to do fansubs with back in 06 so it'll be cool to meet up with them after over a decade lol...

For anyone who doesn't already know about the food in the area, there's probably stuff in the con center, but it will probably be limited and pretty pricey.

Places within walking distance:
If you go north along Great America Parkway there is a small gathering of stores along with a Shell station which includes a Taco Bell and Togos along with some other stuff.
If you go south along Great America Parkway there is a small gathering of stores at the corner of Mission College Blvd. including Togos, Pizza My Heart, Iguanas, a Thai place and a House of Bagels.
A little bit further south is an IHop and a Bennigan's.

If you go down mission college blvd you'll eventually reach Mercado which has an In N Out Burger, Panda Express, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Subway, Tomatina (pizza), Smokeaters (wings) and a mexican sit down place along with the AMC Mercado theater. Pretty far walk, but not too bad if you walk often.

If you like Chinese food and have a friend with a car/don't mind ubering/lyfting, I recommend hitting up China Palace in Milpitas. The address is 688 Barber Lane, Milpitas, CA 95035 and they are open until 3AM. This is the go-to Chinese place for me and my friends. Don't trust the reviews on Yelp. Those guys are all batshit insane.
>>
>>8855124
I'm also in AA, I'll be the creepy fuck who way to old to be there.
>>
>>8855124
P4D Teddie, reporting in. Hope to see you
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
whoop whoop drunk at AoD already
>>
meh
seems like JX but shittier
>>
Someone keeps hitting the light switch in the exhibitor hall slash artist alley, I think by the fourth time it's happened someone would take care of it.
>>
>>8863130
It's historically a small convention. They're only able to be at the center because there are three other conventions here. It's a hotel level con whose hotel happens to be unavailable this year
>>
Lotus Juice concert was one of the hypest things ever.
>>
did anyone get pics of that power girl from saturday
>>
File: 20160213_213224[1].jpg (816 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160213_213224[1].jpg
816 KB, 2048x1152
>>
Bumping in hopes of more aod photos being posted
>>
>>8863254
Ah, is that why they ended up in Santa Clara?

I almost drove up for it, but would've been sad that it wasn't in Japantown. (I'm in SoCal now but was NorCal until a few years ago.)
>>
>>8867132
they moved out of Japantown actually
it's been in Millbrae for a couple years
>>
>>8867223
Oh damn, that's a shame. I loved Japantown because it was so convenient for food and stuff, tons of restaurants and bars right there. Decent photo spots too, especially if somebody you knew got one of the Japanese-style rooms.

Man, I miss NorCal, I fucking hate it here in LA. I hope I can move to the BA soon.
>>
>>8867083
Hate to burst your bubble but that is most likely not going to happen. It's been discussed before how AoD is in this weird stat where it keeps growing its numbers yet no one really talks about it online.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
here's Ayakashi one of the bands that played

I dont really take many pics of cosplayers because of my crippling shyness and I know you're not supposed to take pics of them without asking
>>
>>8867924
It's because AOD really isn't is a con where cosplayers go to (Katsu was the same weekend) so the people who show up are just regular attendees who aren't on /cgl. Masquerade was kind of sad, they even had actual cash prizes but there were still so little entries...

I will say though, AOD was great and I had an awesome time. It's nice to have a solid mid-size con in CA (AX/Fanime/Sac are just so big) and the programming/guests were amazing. Definitely gonna go next year!
>>
>>8863927
Lotus Juice - Mass Destruction @ AOD2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osDBX5zvMNE
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.