[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feels Thread: fuck my life edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: diet gif.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
diet gif.gif
1 MB, 480x270
Old thread saging >>8846476
Here we go anons. Post the feels, good or bad, but try to keep it OT lest we get deleted.

>Realise I've put on some weight during the holiday season
>try on coord I'm planning for later in the week
>Holyshititdoesntfit.jpg
>realise my hair's tucked into the jsk and it actually zips up fine
>pic related
I swear to god I nearly had a heart attack.
>>
>>8853668
>only started Lolita about 2 years ago
>lucky enough to have a pretty big wardrobe by now
>no more room to store dresses
>closet is overflowing
>want to move out but can't afford a decent appartement

Yeah, you read that right, affording brand ain't no problem. I have a pretty good degree, two jobs and make okay money. Could be more, but jobs in my field just don't pay very well in general, at least not the fun ones.
But finding a decent apartment (not an overpriced tiny shithole) seems to be impossible.
Since moving is also pretty expensive I don't want to move into an apartment I don't really like because I can't afford moving every year or so.
>>
File: 1452921939056.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1452921939056.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>was getting lazy cutting skirt fabric
>'hey, if I just fold it again right here and add a couple more pins I can get the two pieces cut at once, and it'll cut down on time!'
>didnt realize I had it on two folds
>remove pattern and pins to realize I cut the skirt in one whole piece, and it fits perfectly.
>Accidentally just cut a few hours off my time, now all I have to do is hem it and attach to bodice.

I am so god damn pleased.
>>
>>8853682
Beautiful anon. So happy for you!

Mine is currently:
>been working on a huge project for a competition 2 months away. But requirements state it needs to be complete for submission 1 month before.
>about 60% on the outfit
>showing progress to two others; all doing progress swaps because all in the same comp
>both are doing heavily detailed outfits
>mine is big with little detail but block colour
>suddenly feel like I'm not doing enough
>haven't even done props yet which will be 30% of my submission
>have made excuses of not working on it
>keep questioning my choice in character

The other girls have said I'm being silly and that I'm giving them a run for their money but it's just that self doubt I always get when I do something like this. I hate it.
>>
>just figured out a workaround that saves a garment I thought I would have to scrap
pls work I need this. I'm so short on time this year because I'm working so much I need as much luck as I can get with my projects.
>>
>>8853672
Get one of those rolling clothes racks to put your dresses on that's what I do
>>
>>8853672
Isn't there like this vacuum sealed clothes bag made for this exact purpose? I remember the infomercial
>>
>locally well-known cosplayer is doing a costume I've done before
>we've both been sewing for years
>hers looks way worse than mine that I made three years ago
>tempted to wear mine to the same con as her debut
It's a petty feel, but watching someone who normally gets a lot of praise in our community fuck up something that I did pretty well is a weird thrill. I'm not normally competitive about cosplay at all, and this girl has oby ever been nice to me, so i dont know what my deal is.
>>
File: 1453849174896.jpg (64 KB, 853x640) Image search: [Google]
1453849174896.jpg
64 KB, 853x640
>been depressed again lately with no urge to do anything
>set ironing my dresses and blouses as a daily goal
>feels good
>mid iron I realized I gained ten pounds over the break
>smooth all I may I'm still not going to fit half my wardrobe
>wardrobe not even that big
>>
>>8853742
Even the nicest people get competitive urges sometimes so I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. The only thing I'd worry about is if you do wear it would it be seen as you outright trying to one-up her?
>>
>in total con crunch mode
>starting to freak out over getting everything finished
>barely slept last night
>SNOW
>COLLEGE IS CANCELLED
>THANK U BASED MADOKA
>>
>sees dress going for 10000yen less than other listings
>same dress that I've lost three times
>puts in sniper bid since lack of interest
>didn't do usual strat when another person bid
>7 bids later
>loses by 250yen

I'm really trying to justify that I lost our because I really didn't want the dress as badly as I thought. Even though that's the cheapest I've seen it.

I know I was being cheap when I put in the bid coz I would have gone higher.

Oh well. That's what I get for being cheap
>>
File: 1444011373843.png (76 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444011373843.png
76 KB, 300x300
>>8853736
as long as you don't mention your gender, it is

>can't decide whether I should put lolita/j-fash above upgrading my PC that's 3 yrs old and wasn't exactly top of the line back then
>dress plus new petti (different shaped) plus accessories would be around 160-200€, depending on possible rape by customs
>new chassis, motherboard, processor ~370€ (need to buy all of those at once because I'm changing form factor)
>would have to replace graphics card at a later date as well
>whattodo.jpg
>>
>>8853891
Look at it this way, anon: there's a good chance that the other bidder was willing to go not just 250 yen higher, but 10000 yen higher. Maybe they've been hunting that dress, too, and you bidding more just means they would have bid more too.
>>
>got a really pretty blouse about 6 months ago
> arms are super tight, so tight that I have been considering just selling it.
> didn't really consider that my arms could just be fat.
>just lost about 9lbs because i ordered a bikini from AliExpress and i want it to look perfect on me this summer.
>put on blouse yesterday for a meet and it fits my arms perfectly!

Yay for skinny arms! I don't know why I just assumed my arms were too big and there was nothing that I could do.
>>
>>8853904
Yea, pretty much. It was a Liz Lisa dress so I know the other listings are just overpriced. They did have a BIN too but again, I was being too cheap

It's all good though. It will pop up again. Still just a little salty
>>
>>8853742
Tbh id do it. I like feeling better than others on the rare occasions that I can. My cosplays are all store bought or extremely simple because I just don't have time to teach myself how to sew better right now so the fact that my lolita comm is full of girls in nothing but bodyline thrills me. I have such a better wardrobe than most of them.
>>
File: queasy.jpg (87 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
queasy.jpg
87 KB, 640x640
>2012
>meet girl at a con
>become inseparable
>best weeb friends
>feelsgoodman
>2014 rolls around
>don't see her as much, but still, we're tight
>2015
>she gets a bf
>I don't
>don't see her at all
>2016
>she barely even returns my texts
>realize I'm not very close to any of my friends

Fuck.
>>
>>8854172
On top of all this, I turn 27 in a few months. Just kill my old ass.
>>
File: lunie.png (518 KB, 368x600) Image search: [Google]
lunie.png
518 KB, 368x600
> tfw your once-upon-a-time ultimate favorite perfect kawaii doll lolita inspiration is now a ... i don't even know what, covered with all these tattoos and this hair and living in thailand
>>
>used to namefag around here pretty regularly
>dropped off the face of the earth because ~*~depression*~*
>haven't cosplayed since 2014
>things are finally starting to look up a little, get the idea to check /cgl/ for shiggles
>don't see anybody I knew, but the board is still exactly the same
>feels pretty good

I think I secretly missed you salty bitches.
>>
>>8854172
We all have that one friend who abandons the group. Sorry it was your bestie.
>>
>moving to College
>scared to wear lolita, even just dress up to go to meets, in case people think I am a weirdo.
>>
File: 1442592222540.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1442592222540.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>8853668
>gain 5~ kg over holiday
>currently close to negating anti-progress
>treadmill drive belt is done for
>order replacement and wait a week

The belt arrived which means I can return to delicious cardio.
>>
>>8854323
As long as you're cute no one will care.
>>
>>8853672
I've got a similar problem in my case though the apartments are affordable but no one wants to rent them to young professionals they all want families. I've got like half a dozen pieces in my suit case, I'm almost scared to check on them.
>>
>>8853905
tell me your secrets.
>>
>Having the PERFECT ita pic ever
>Is from a weaboo (I'm glad the only one) from my comm
>There's only a few people that have the pic, included me
>even her FB is private
>if I post it, she'll know
>But is the PERFECT ita, really, you can't even imagine.
>>
>>8854390
Just looked up what my bmr is and subtract 500 calories. So my bmr is about 1200-1300 so i can have 700-800 calories a day total, everything else i eat is worked off. Calorie deficit= weight loss :) (also caffene pills help for energy for working out and keeping up metabolism)
>>
Fucking lolita fashion is killing me. I love the fashion so so much, but it's draining my wallet clean. I need to buy my own car and I want to be able to move out and partake in my other hobbies, but I still forsee myself spending another $600 to have the basics I need for a "capsule wardrobe" before I start buying more main pieces. I want to just pull a Shelby Cloud and put a curtain over my clothing rack until I get my life together, but having all those pretty clothes and wearing normie shit would make me so sad especially since I've been wearing it at least once a week these days. My wardrobe really isn't functioning atm because it's so incohesive so I can't just continue wearing it either. And I don't want to sell any of my beauties.
I'm so obsessed and I'm also scared of investing a lot and getting tired of it.
fml I need a slap across the face
>>
>>8853725
My room is also packed, I can fit nothing anymore. Thanks though.

>>8853732
I'm not gonna put my burando in there.

>>8854381
The affordable ones are just shitty in my case. Either super small, like I can only fit a small bet and no closet inside the bedroom, or I have room but no one has taken care of the apartment in years and it's just bad quality. Or there's some weird catch to it like the landlord has some furniture in there that's supposed to stay.
All the ones I've seen fall under one of these categories, and since I love nothing as much as my cat I'm also looking for a place with a garden... it's so frustrating.
>>
File: 1454632155420.jpg (76 KB, 512x268) Image search: [Google]
1454632155420.jpg
76 KB, 512x268
>dat feel when bobbin jam
>that feel when you cant seem to make it stop doing the thing.
>>
>selling items to friend to clear closet
>friend keeps asking for it to be cheaper
>stuff was already discounted

I have to make a note to not sell anything to the normie friend now.
>>
>>8854508
I completely understand. I'm struggling with something similar right now. It's truly an obsession at times.
>>
File: 4Hu8j8F.jpg (173 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4Hu8j8F.jpg
173 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw get first boyfriend
>get him into the Monogatari series
>going to see the Kizu movie this month

I'm delighted. I hope we can do a couples cosplay from the series.
>>
>>8854700
my bf got me into it and we did a couples cosplay but i forgot to take pics and theres nothing online

oh well...
>>
>>8854427
post it
>>
fuck my life i've been replying with the email still on. how embarassing desu
>>8854726
>>
>>8854726
>>8854729
Now anon can e-mail it to you!

kek
>>
>>8854172
i feel like this happens to me with all my con friends :( i'm sorry you're going through it
>>
>>8854550
adjust your tension?
>>
File: 1448779383400.png (314 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448779383400.png
314 KB, 600x600
>want to post coords and selfies online
>want to take part in social media
>still hiding from stalkerish, insane family of origin
>scared they will find me
>afraid to put myself out there at all
>can see my X chromosome donor pulling a Margo Palermo on me if she finds me

i just want to participate in the fashion online since my anxiety is too strong to participate much IRL. after every meet, even if i ask not to be tagged, someone would always tag me... so i would untag, change FB names, and try to stay out of group pics.

but someone always has their camera out and i do not want to selfishly demand that they warn me so i can hide each time they want to snap a pic of the meet.

the more friends i make, the more exposed i feel. i have stopped going to meets.

i hate not being able to enjoy myself with new friends without this fear.
>>
>>8854816
Get restraining orders
>>
>>8854831
they would still stalk me online. it is not easy to prove online harassment. one made a fake account to try to friend me with, and they have used sock puppets against others for revenge before. i am thinking of contacting a lawyer or something to at least scare them away from operating too blatantly against me.

my family of origin adopted the internet early, back in the early 90s. they know their way around technology.
>>
>>8854816
Have you tried opening up to the comm leaders about your situation? I can't imagine anyone would say 'tough luck we're still taking pictures of you' If you want to just post selfies maybe just put a sticker over your face, lots of girls on tumblr put flowers over their faces.
>>
>>8854550
Are you winding the bobbin right? I had that problem when I was tying the thread for winding my bobbin instead of just wrapping it. Plus my one machine has a really stupid design for winding that makes it very picky
>>
>>8853672
Have you tried the MilkyFawn thing? Try hanging your clothes straight on the wall with a bar hooks or something.
>>
>>8854816
There are some people I know of that never show their face online. The comm is really respectful of it and they just never joins in group photos. It's not weird at all, there are many reasons why people may not want their faces on social media.
>>
>>8853687

C2E2 anon?
My friend is crunching for it right now too.

Feels for relevancy
>needed a specific garment to pattern off of
>decided to use an existing cosplay top
>white
>using black sharpie
>dumbass.jpg
>finish patterning off of it
>nudge uncapped marker
>TINY LITTLE DOT OF BLACK ON SHOULDER OF WHITE SHIRT

This was in my control. Why did I think it would be okay?
>>
>>8855049
Rubbing alcohol will remove sharpie. Just be careful and dab at it a little at a time so you don't spread the stain.
>>
>>8855053

Holy shit thank you! I was waiting until tomorrow to try and find a good method of removing it and I was seriously considering just using a bleach pen.
Bless you
>>
>>8854816
You can go into your Facebook settings and have it ask you to approve all tags before publishing the tags. Thats what I do since I'm really self conscious about looking bad in pictures others take but don't want to be rude and ask them to retake them a bunch just for me.
>>
>>8855109
i cannot see how to do this. i can review tags before they are added to my timeline, but i cannot see where to review any tags before they appear
>>
>>8854508
Continuing these feels late at night. Sorry for the whiny blog post but this is keeping me up.
I've spent so many years dreaming of getting one of those silicone mermaid tails and working at the Renaissance Fair and at parties and stuff, but the not-shitty ones are $3000+ and can take over a year to make and be shipped. And to make it worse, because it takes so long to make them, the openings for spots on the waiting list are worse than AP releases. Not that I even have $3000 dollars.
I tried to make a latex tail once and it went so badly and it was totally unfixable. I think I'd just fuck the silicone up worse.
Even if I sold all my lolita wardrobe, I'd probably only get $1500 or so from it. And I would be really miserable and ugly. I use to work part time, so basically all my paycheck went to brand and hanging out with friends. I was already cutting all other costs. I'm still borrowing my dad's old car. And I just quit my dumb job so I have no income now.
This is the stupidest shit, honestly, I have everything I need to be happy and healthy but I can't pick between 2 expensive hobbies. I put mermaiding on the backburner for 2 years, and now I'm even more in love with Lolita and even more crazy about mermaids.
Fuck my life edition indeed.
>>
File: cheaper option.png (254 KB, 1156x422) Image search: [Google]
cheaper option.png
254 KB, 1156x422
>>8855229
Get the cheaper option and then paint it in silicone paint yourself for the shading and shit.
>>
>>8855122
>i can review tags before they are added to my timeline, but i cannot see where to review any tags before they appear

um. nope that's exactly how the tag reviewer works. you won't be tagged in anything you haven't reviewed if you have that setting.
>>
>>8855235
I was definitely considering this, thanks senpai
>>
The company I'm working for is laying people off.

I didn't get the call, but a lot of our best people are leaving, and I'm going to be stucks with a bunch of creeps. I'm really surprised that it wasn't me because I was recently hired, but as some of us suspect, no one is really safe. I don't know if I should start job hunting and update my resume in case they do another wave.

On more cgl related feels, I'm terrified to go on instagram because I was informed of Margaret's nudes taking over Venus's account.

Also just missed the parking lot shuttle even though I was right next to it before it pulled off.

I love Mondays
>>
>>8855275
>that's OK. I wanted to walk in 0 degree weather anyway

>>8854508
Same. The layoff is giving me a wake-up call. I really wanted to do a taobao order or get some blouses on wunderwelt after tax season is over too.

I'm happy with how big my wardrobe has gotten, but I really need to curb my enthusiasm. I've moved back home after graduating and after being there for a year for free, I was asked to help pay off my parent's house. They're close to paying it off , but it's put a damper on hobbies, savings, and loan repayments.

I guess it could be worse. I could be begging off strangers on a gofundme (srsly wtf is wrong w/Akira).
>>
>tfw these threads are always full of off topic bitching and tons of unrelated replies, but my mostly on topic posts get deleted
Fuck you, too, janitor.
>>
>>8855239
i have had that option turned on for a long time. i still have to remove tags manually.

this is a known issue with Facebook. have one of your friends test it. even if you screen it so it doesn't show on your timeline, the tag will exist until you manually remove it.
>>
>>8855285
in any case, i will let comm leaders know of this issue before i attend another event. if i post online i will censor my face; and i will not personally upload any pics of coords that do end up in a comm pic/video, even censored. i can opt out of group photos but it is embarrassing to ask everyone to be sensitive to me when they are taking candids.
>>
all those deleted posts in here, boo
>>
>>8855049
Possibly in another country. But tell your friend good luck either way!
>>
>>8855229
sorry I'm a cosplayer so can someone explain what the absolute fuck is up with those wigs
>>
>>8855354
They're ita and ugly.

>select limousines
>at least two buses were options
fuck u captcha, make it easy.
>>
File: unnamed (6).jpg (29 KB, 382x384) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (6).jpg
29 KB, 382x384
>>8855341
I'm with you, bro.
>>
File: 1435309640272.gif (112 KB, 511x340) Image search: [Google]
1435309640272.gif
112 KB, 511x340
>wear very toned down lolita, otome and mori to work
>develop enormous schoolgirl crush on higher-up
>he’s a man in his thirties in a position of authority, an actual intellectual prodigy and really handsome in an awkward-bespectacled-nerd-who’s-never-kissed-a-girl-and-has-terrible-posture way AKA all my weaknesses
>really no reason for sempai to notice me since we don’t work together directly and I’m just some lowly underling
>one day my personal style comes up during lunch and some of the others end up finding my IG which has a lot of Jfash and random cutesy crafts on it
>kind of embarrassed but whatever, reception is mostly positive aside from the obligatory “haha anon you’re so weird”
>apparently someone has forwarded it to crush-sempai because he just came up to me to tell me he thinks I dress really cute and he’s impressed by my craft stuff
>HNNNNG

>but good feel is actually a bad feel, because I already have a fiancé and have been trying to rid myself of this stupid crush
>why couldn’t he have hated Jfash
>why does he have to be so adorable
>whhyyyy

I feel like trash, anons.
>>
File: 1452217264779.png (337 KB, 421x742) Image search: [Google]
1452217264779.png
337 KB, 421x742
>>8854700
>tfw Kizu won't be screened in my country
Mad jelly anon, enjoy it
>>
>got some jfash accessories in the mail today
>trying them on in front of my mirror while bf sits on the bed
>ask him if he's okay because he seemed kind of grumpy, he says he's fine
>ask him what he wants to do today
>"find a new girlfriend"

I stood there in shock not sure if he was joking or not and then just walked away because it really hurt my feelings. He'd been an ass to me all day for no reason and i'm pretty sure he hated the accessories I got or something. He wasn't really breaking up with me or anything but it seemed really passive aggressive.

i'm really loving getting more and more into jfash but he seems to hate it and he keeps dropping these not so subtle hints.
>>
>>8855413
Get a new boyfriend.
>>
>>8855413
Yeeeah. Not cool.
>>
File: 500.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
>>8855413
What >>8855418 said.
>>
>>8855413
>>8855418
How about you just talk about it, jfc. Don't break up any time your partner says something negative, learn to talk it out.
Tell him that you don't appreciate digs like that and if he has a problem with jfash that he also needs to talk about it instead of moping around. If he hates it, find compromises.
>>
>Have to live in Eastern Europe for 1 more year (I was stupid and I wanted to study in Europe)
>No chance to make /cgl/ friends,
>No cons or comms,
>No other nerds around to talk about manga or silly internet stuff (yeah, even in an Asian culture class, not a single weaboo, I'm this desperate),
>Cultural and income differences.
I-I just want to make friends with similar hobbies. What can I do gulls? Internet comms from western Europe? Use tumblr to make online friends?
>>
>>8855439
I'm not planning on leaving him for it, and we have talked about it a lot; he doesn't love it but he doesn't have to constantly bring me down about it. He's been a lot better lately and pretty supportive to an extent but with this outburst I'm worried he's gonna get worse again, he tends to go in cycles like that.
It's also just a bummer to be excited about something and not being able to share it with your partner.
>>
>>8855413
Anon take his advice. Let him go find a new gf. Then you take the money you would have spent on him and buy more accessories! It's a win win situation
>>
>>8853929
which one is it? guessing it's a melody collab one if it's going for that much??
>>
>>8855441
I wonder whether the reason he hates it is because it makes you look good and he's an insecure little man-child who's afraid of you going with other guys who will be checking you out. So he's gonna shit all over it to make you stop buying it so you'll be the way he wants you to be. Also, what accessories did you buy?
>>
>>8855407
show me a coord, anon. i really want to see how you dress and style.
as long as you don't act on your crush while engaged, it should be fine. you'll get over it.
>>
File: jewelry.png (98 KB, 968x316) Image search: [Google]
jewelry.png
98 KB, 968x316
>>8855445
Idk i think he is a little bothered that I want to make myself look super cute, but I think he also just thinks a lot of jfashion is stupid and immature. he's very judgmental so it's nothing new.
I'm not going to stop buying the shit I like though, i've made that perfectly clear. It does kind of suck the fun out of it though. that's why I like it here, i can get excited with people about buying shit without getting a side eye.

this is what I bought, nothing too crazy but again i'm not really surprised he doesn't like it...i just think his comment was out of line.

he also told me later on that day that he had been feeling very irritable lately. but i just wish he wouldn't take it out on me with comments like that.
>>
>>8855449
anon those earrings are super cute!
His comment was definitely out of line, I mean he doesn't have to love everything you love but to put someone down (your own gf) is a fucking blow.
>>
>>8855449
Those are really tame, especially the earrings. It's not like you're running around wearing a cake with cat ears on your head. Your boyfriend needs to get over himself and stop being such a passive aggressive manbaby.
>>
>>8855449
>he also just thinks a lot of jfashion is stupid and immature
And yet he's the one sulking like a child and snarking that he wants to find a new girlfriend. That's the height of maturity there.

Not going to say you should leave him, but there should probably be a more in depth talk.
>>
>>8855449
Even if he thinks it's stupid he still shouldn't be shitting all over it and putting you down. I'm sure he has a hobby he puts loads of money into but doesn't think it's stupid. Even if he doesn't like it he should still be supportive or even just try to learn more about it for the sake of your relationship. Often people dislike something that they know nothing about, only basing it on a rough stereotype.
>>
>>8855413
..Hate to break it to you, anon, but it sounds like much deeper issue (for him) than just the j-fashion..
>>
>>8855459
This.

Just curious, but did you meet through some common interest? Anime? Cosplay? Vidja or similar?

I had a friend whose boyfriend was similar, not about jfashion, but about any hobby she tried to pick up that he didn't have an interest in. He picked on her for taking up knitting, for fuck sake.
>>
Tomorrow I'm leaving to tour with a friends band for 2-3 weeks (merch girl.)

Another girl, who they met a couple of years ago on tour in Europe, has flown over to also tour and do merch.
I was pretty excited because I have zero girl friends and she seems pretty cool, so I figured we could buddy it up.
>Every time we make eye contact she looks like she wants to fight me m8 1v1 me.
We've hung out twice so far and I can't tell if she seriously looks pissed or if it's paranoia from aforementioned lifelong lack of female friends.

I mean, I'm one of the guys' girlfriend and the others all treat me more like their kawaii, totally-not-metal-enough-for-this-shit little sister. It's not like there's any competition if she wants to bang some band guys.

>tl;dr please teach me how to make girls like me as friends.
>I really want a buddy. ;~;
>>
>>8854172
Are you me?
>>
>>8855413
Use your people words and talk it out.
>>
>keep having nightmares about up coming con
>shit like getting there and 20 people are sharing our room, or no room at all, or flights canceled for snow, or forgetting to pack my cosplay.

I fly out on thursday and I NEED sleep but cant seem to get any decent rest now.
>>
>>8855440

How eastern are we talking?
>>
File: tumblr_nws4yipOfO1uea1yfo1_500.jpg (62 KB, 487x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nws4yipOfO1uea1yfo1_500.jpg
62 KB, 487x700
I'm glad this thread is still around.
I've loved lolita for most of my school years but my parents couldn't afford it. I couldn't either with my part-time wage. So I'd just throw on a frilly dress with dolly shoes and call it a day. As I grew up I started reading and researching, learned about coords and brands, about replicas and scams. But I was still a shitty poor tween.
Now that I have a university degree and can actually afford it with a decent full-time job salary I just don't care about it at all. Maybe I grew out of it.
It's still sad because I was alwas stopping by the bookstore on my way back from school to read the J-fash magazines and now it's like I'm looking back at some part of young me leaving.
>>
>>8855548
Always*
>>
>>8855525
Enough to be c*ka, k*rva (they swear all time) and close enough to normal countries to be a part of the European Union.
>>
>super excited for new job
>get to dress however I want within reason
>thinking about building up a toned down jfash wardrobe after meeting all the girls on my team
>they're all literally pretty much exactly like me
>fuck personality tests for jobs
>we all get along really well, already super comfortable here

>exact opposite schedule from boyfriend
>I'm 9:30-6:30
>he's 3:30-midnight

>kill me
>I miss him

>love my new job tho
>>
>>8855585
kurwa*

so you're in Poland? I know they have comms and cons, look harder.
>>
File: tumblr_ncat0bjzVM1qemio0o2_540.jpg (79 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncat0bjzVM1qemio0o2_540.jpg
79 KB, 540x304
>Meet new guy
>Uncover hints of his power level
>Maybe we'll get along!
>Lolita comes up in conversation
>He doesn't know I wear it

>He says, "I don't get lolita at all."
>"I'd understand if someone was doing it for a fetish or something. But why go out in it?"
>"It'd be cute on little girls, but on an adult it's just weird."

Well fuck.
>>
>>8855606
Congrats on the job! Coworkers make or break a work life.
I'm sorry about your boyfriend though. That's fuckin rough.

What's that about personality tests?
>>
File: tumblr_lnjs06ScqB1qzb9hgo1_1280.jpg (219 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lnjs06ScqB1qzb9hgo1_1280.jpg
219 KB, 1280x960
>keep being insecure about cosplaying
>my arms are too fat, my nose is not kawaii enough, I have dark circles, my butt is too big
>keep alternating between loving and hating my costumes and pictures from photoshoots
>want to create a page and make cosplay friends but too insecure for that
>see younger skinnier fresher girls cosplaying in a way higher level than I ever will reach
>feel like giving up
>>
>meet friend of a friend of a friend via same cosplay circles
>we talk a bit but have been recently texting a lot
>shes one year older than me, extremely has her life and shit together, but is super kind and cool
>she cosplays a shit ton from utena
>cannot tell if she's gay or not
>don't want to make a move so I don't make things super awkward
>last night texting, she talks about her dream couple cosplay which was howl and sophie
>I've cosplayed sophie before, which she seen
>or is she straight
>>
>>8855663
Hey anon, just have fun with it. I think when you do shoots and get photos back, you'll love it. Also make up and angles are your best friend.
>>
So I had that.. crush-thing on my work, sometimes we work on the same thing and he is really nice and fun and teases me with good humor and yeah. He is cute. Nice. Tall. But it breaks me that I know I'm too odd or weird for guys. When talked to my male collagues I find that I'm not ideal at all. No one likes "cute" girls here, and then I dress up so oddly, and I'm not ready to leave lolita or larme because of some freaking guys.
Who the hell would want to date girl who loves AP and other frilly/cute shit more than food? Who looks odd even on normal work attire? Because of j fashion inspired makeup. God Im trash. Lolita loving trash.
>>
>>8855647
>they
I feel you might be from Poland, but... I did some research and there's nothing on the internet. Besides I consulted few native friends and Polish 'cons' seem to be culture days for local kids made in public schools. Nobody could help me in finding any jfash comm. Additionally you can't forget that I'm a foreigner and I'd feel better with western Europeans or at least something legit looking or major.
>>
>>8855686
There are plenty of lolitas with loving and supportive SOs. Some are married, and even have children of their own. Guys aren't a hive mind, some of them do think that lolita/other jfash is cute, and not in the creepy fetishy way.
Just go for it, anon, ask him out, don't put yourself down before you even try.
>>
>>8855275
>>8855281
I'm sorry hear this. I hope things get better for you. Multi-generational families is the norm in a ton of countries. Not so much in the US/Canada.
>>
>tfw my previous post was deleted as off-topic, despite me writing about being excited to wear j-fash

Well, then.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (30 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
30 KB, 356x200
> getting ready for con
> super excited
> try on dress for big saturday cosplay that I haven't touched for a while
> suddenly it doesn't look right on me
> try it with/without a bra
> still doesn't look right
> what the fuck is wrong with my boobs this was FINE MONTHS AGO
> suddenly worrying about the rest of my costumes and getting things done
> lowkey panicking that I won't have anything done and will look awful the whole weekend

Katsucrunch this year has been brutal. I don't even think I was this worried last year and I was juggling uni with all my costume work. I hope I'm just being paranoid...
>>
>>8855665
Tell her you want to cosplay Howl and Sophie together. Do it.

Everyone who cosplay Utena is super gay.

>Alternatively be gay with me instead

>>8855686
I'll say it to you, do it! He's been nice with you. He likes you. Take a chance.

>You also have the alternative to be gay with me too
>>
>Spend years getting better at sewing and crafting to make half decent cosplays
>Love every second of it
>Finally at a level where I could make good costumes
>No longer enjoy making them.

Like I'm super into the idea of it. I want to make cosplays. I have a list of characters I'd love to play, but the second I sit down and try to work I'm out. The sewing machine plays a dirge for me now.
Is this just growing up? I know I'm not 16 anymore but cmon.
>>
>>8855464
As a sufferer of resting bitch face, try talking to her and seeing if she actually hates you before deciding it based on her face. My resting face is pissed off and lots of people (including my boyfriend) thought I hated them when we first met.
>>
>>8855407
Be careful anon. Its sad. I feel for you. I had similar in the Arts industry. He was so perfect for me in myriad ways, could talk in depth about the arts and lots in common otherwise. I realised he was in love with me, waaay too fast, we never even kissed. He was married, I was engaged. I could, and did avoid him though once I realised what was happening. I love my partner, he is my equal and my soulmate. I think we get these little could have beens throughout life, even with partners, I wish we could talk about them candidly with our close friends but I feel ashamed for feeling it when I am in love with another.
>>
My depression is kicking in and I just don't feel pretty enough for lolita anymore. I have the urge to sell everything and move to the city and start over but I know that won't fix it.
>>
My lolita wardrobe is pretty complete, just a few custom items & some daily wearables required. After syphoning all my spare cash to lolita for a few years I bought my first non lolita stuff without feeling guilty that i was "wasting" money on things I actually need. Feels good :)
>>
>>8855686
I would date you anon. :(
Don't think like that, there's always someone out there who will like you for who you are/your fashions.
(Honestly, if someone isn't into you for simple things like that, it isn't worth it)
>>
File: 1445987951586.jpg (11 KB, 219x240) Image search: [Google]
1445987951586.jpg
11 KB, 219x240
>Wants to go see Morning Musume 16' at AM
>Doesn't support AM
>But MM/any idol group in the south is rare as hell
>Probably will never happen again
>Friends are threatening me to smear my name if I attend
>Mods threatening to kick me out of comm
>Cosplay friends started spreading rumors for considering attending
>fuck my life
>Literally can't have fun and enjoy myself with our ruining my image
>>
>>8855705
when this happens to me, it's usually because of problems that need to be addressed in other areas of my life. i had writer's block for months despite overflowing with ideas and stories. could not actually write until those issues were addressed.
>>
>Replace old and shitty sewing machine with top quality brand sewing machine 3 years ago
>Have to share it with my mom
>Have lacked inspiration and time to sew detailed cosplays for the last 3 years
>Finally have an idea for something that I want to do from scratch
>Spend the last few weeks gathering fabrics and even managed to find the perfect pattern for the cosplay I'm planning on making
>Have one week off in 3 days for the first time in months, that I wanted to use for nonstop sewing
>Meanwhile sewing machine has been acting up, mom had to take it apart and fix it, didn't really work, so it's kind of broken now
>Didn't get to use it to its full potential even once
>Pile of fabric and pattern lying on the table, mocking me while waiting for the shop to repair the machine

I will never take an expensive sewing machine for granted again.
>>
>>8855735
Can you wear a costume with a mask? No one has to know if you go, just don't talk about it or mention it anywhere.
>>
File: 1439159774442.jpg (82 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1439159774442.jpg
82 KB, 456x386
>in search of a dress
>found one, but missed the auction for it and be sad
>create a wtb post on a sales group while using her picture
>someone finds a high rated webstore in Japan for about 65% less than the price that I saw in the auction
>Be excited and use a SS
>auction seller re-auctions it
>I offer a price to the price I found since I'm still waiting to hear if my SS finds it available before confirming order.
>seller won't take my offer and counteroffers
>I decline offer
>later, my SS bought it and invoices me
>pay the invoice and wait for it until SS receives it to pay for international shipping
>Days later...I stupidly forgot to remove my wtb post since I found and bought it
>other seller finds it and comments that she tried to sell it to me and that it's her photo...
>I've forgotten to say that it's from other seller's photo
>I become the worst coward person ever and delete it without no word or response.

I found it for much lower than what the other buyer and the auctions were selling it for, but what the hell, I feel like I've stooped so low, and I feel terrible for what I've done.
>>
>>8855787
And please forgive my ESL English. I'm still learning it.
>>
>>8855787
Don't feel bad, you found your dress for that price. It's her problem if she becomes bitter from that, it sure sounds like she overpriced it.
>>
>>8855767
You're probably right.
Been stressed out a lot lately.
Thanks anon
>>
>>8855657
The company I work for has everyone take personality and IQ tests before they continue with the interview process. I've noticed they tend to pick particular people for specific positions. A lot of the people here are really similar, so everyone seems to get along super well.

And thanks anon. It is rough. But he can request a shift change in a few months. He loses his shift differential if he does ($1.50/hour) so I told him he doesn't have to, I just miss him.

He said he'll think about it because he doesn't like having opposite work schedules either.
>>
File: 1454007378148.png (167 KB, 1080x899) Image search: [Google]
1454007378148.png
167 KB, 1080x899
>shitty small sewing machine starts acting up
>ffs I wanna make cosplay
>get the one at my local hackspace out of the cupboard
>somehow get it working
>now have a much better sewing machine to use
>>
>>8855691
come on anon, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evXegSoFbfEXn8o0joeA-KFvolNKPKllgvaYqNgvOiw/edit#gid=1 there's three whole comms listed.
I'm not Polish myself no, and I didn't really know about the situation of the comms, but you're sounding a little bit elitist about being from W Europe. just contact them, I'm sure they'll be fine
>>
File: vaperwave.gif (152 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
vaperwave.gif
152 KB, 400x267
>>8855696
Remember when I said that no one is safe?

Turns out that I did get a call, but they called the house and I wasn't available and I literally got the wake-up call this morning. Man. Just when I was about to buy a con-pass.

On the bright side, I don't have to work with the creeps and I'm getting a paid week-vacation.

Overall, I'm not as upset as I am annoyed. They could have announced a company wide layout ahead of time instead of leading people on with promises to keep people in spite of the massive layoff at a local plant.

Idk, maybe I should have followed the signs and prepared myself for it, but it still seems unreasonable to keep things hushed up on the last minute.

I guess I'll have to put up a lolita sales post soon.
I was looking at jobs before I went to bed and the National Guard sounds so good.

>getting paid to get /fit/
>student loan forgiveness up to 50k

I'm already in a military family (brother ex-Marine), but I doubt my parents would be as supportive, especially my mom. I think my dad would be ok since it would mean me being able to make a living; I feel like he'd just have doubts of me being able to pass the 10 week bootcamp.

btw, ever since the recession, it's become pretty common for multi-generational families to live under the same roof. I'm kind of accustomed to the idea since I'm Asian and seeing how my mom works at a nursing home, I can't stand the idea of putting my folks there.
>>
>>8855440
>>8855585
>>8855691
Wow you're an ass. Polish lolita here, we have two active communities in Cracow and Warsaw, plus occasional meets in other cities. We also had visiting lolitas from Western Europe and Asia, and a Japanese girl in Cracow's comm, so your special snowflake&elitist attitude might not survive the reality.
You're welcome to join, just don't act like a dick irl. Our comms don't consist of 100+ people, but it doesn't mean we don't know how to dress ourselves.
>>
>>8854427
Edit the face out and post it in the ita thread under spoiler
>>
>>8856092
No spoilers on cgl.
>>
File: 1453493656807.jpg (62 KB, 620x531) Image search: [Google]
1453493656807.jpg
62 KB, 620x531
>>8855407
>sempai
>>
>>8854240
>>8854788
>>8855492
Thanks, guys. I tell myself to move on, but it gnaws at the back of my mind. I miss my imouto.
>>
File: 0970679867857.jpg (44 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
0970679867857.jpg
44 KB, 620x413
>>8855413
>>8855441
>>8855449
He sounds like an insecure man child

>>8855439
>>8855494
Emotional abuse tactics aren't kawaii senpai
>>
File: dUGEUILmqnQ.jpg (32 KB, 373x521) Image search: [Google]
dUGEUILmqnQ.jpg
32 KB, 373x521
>>8855775
ANON
>>
File: 1453868347557.jpg (91 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1453868347557.jpg
91 KB, 1024x576
>>8856094
Well shit I never noticed the missing check box
>>
>>8855648
Are you sure he actually knows what lolita is? A lot of people have an inaccurate idea of what lolita looks like. Anyway, it's possible he'll change his mind if you're patient and explain things to him . Good luck.
>>
>>8854844
Have you considered making an account with a fake name? You can get around FB ID checks by photoshopping your passport. Just change the name and you're good to go.
>>
File: B-001_01.jpg (20 KB, 280x411) Image search: [Google]
B-001_01.jpg
20 KB, 280x411
I wish I could fall in love with dresses immediately. Like see a dress and bam! Dream Dress!

But instead I am cursed it seems to only truly fall in love with something months after it's been released and is completely sold out.

Pic not related, I just like how Byul looks like a goldfish
>>
>>8856176
i do this, and they often find me anyway. it is why i am scared to link my face to any online handle.
>>
>>8856182
I've never really had a dream dress. Whenever I really like something I instantly start thinking of all the BS reasons why I shouldn't like it and can't enjoy it anymore. I just kind of settle on "meh, can't really find a problem with this one" dresses.
>>
>>8856314
For me the process is usually:
"meh"-in stock
"I guess it's cute"-on sale
"needs to be on my body"-out of stock and nowhere secondhand
>>
>>8856314
I never thought I'd have a dream dress. Then one was coming out last year and I fell in love. I literally dreamed about it. Luckily I got the cut and color I wanted when it released. That email from my ss was so awesome to wake up to. I didn't even feel that way about my wedding dress.
>>
>be part of the white day gift exchange
>want to make some things for my giftees along with buying some stuff
>thought I still had some really nice quality lace left over from an old project
>tfw it turns out I don't anymore, and the other kinds I have are either the wrong color are absolute shit quality
>no place online has what I'm looking for at a decent price that will actually get here in time for me to make the things
>also tfw I'm stuck in the middle of snowstorm and can't go out looking for materials cause I also live in the middle of nowhere and everything is at least 30min away and I don’t want to get stuck in the snow

Hopefully the roads are decent tomorrow so I can at least try, but it was just so weird cause I could have sworn I still had so nice quality lace.
Guess that’s what I get for not working on any sewing projects for awhile.
>>
Younger sibling passed away at 15 last week. Haven't seen them in years thanks to a drunken whore mother set on using her kids as paychecks. (turned 17 was no longer useful and kicked out) It's taking all my energy to continue with the con upcoming as my whole family wants me to go and not dwell. But I feel like I just annoy people with how low energy I've become. I'm wondering if it'd be better to just stay in the hotel room and not bum anyone out? Or am I just being more of a brat by not trying to involve myself in fun right now?
>>
>>8856467
That doesn't make you a brat. It's more bratty to expect someone to smile and act cheerful so they don't bum you out.

Getting through things like this takes time and you should be under no obligations to heal at any rate other than your own.
>>
>>8856467
Why did they pass away, anon? That's terrible. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>8856500
>>8856505
They do keep telling me it's okay that I'm constantly saying sorry. But I'm generally a very polite person, and I think that's why it's bugging me. I just feel rude by not keeping it together. It's not their fault? If that makes sense.

It was a freak accident Anon.
>>
>>8856467
>>8856532
It's not rude. Grief is a weird thing and affects different people in different ways. Take the time and space you need to take care of yourself. Even if you hadn't seen your sibling in years, that's still a blow.

If you need to skip the con, skip the con. If you want to go, but may need to retreat to the room for some you-time, that's okay too. Do what you feel is best for your well-being. It's not rude.
>>
File: r_m.gif (3 MB, 662x374) Image search: [Google]
r_m.gif
3 MB, 662x374
>>8856467
My condolences, anon.
>>
>>8856532
Gulls are right anon.
People handle grief differently.
I lost a sibling a while back and needed to be around people. Went to cons, partied hard, and then retreated to a bathroom and cried a bit. My sister did the opposite. Stayed in, wanted to be alone, and cope.

The paths are equally valid, it just depends on you. My only advice is if you do go out, don't go too hard. I may have drank a bit heavy on my first night out and barely avoided the hospital. Fine line between coping and alcoholism
>>
>>8856535
>>8856552
>>8856553

Thanks gulls, I wanna be around people I think it's my own fears making me hide away. But I'll def try not to go over-bored
>>
>>8855787
psst whats the webstore.
Dont be sad about the girl, you are not a coward. Many people delete stuff like that to avoid dealing with something further.
>>
> want suggestions
> generally get skipped so I don't post
> have convinced self it is because I'm hideous
> never post again
It just pisses me off that I know it I something so silly just fucks my shit up fampai. 2bh I shouldn't be ousting anything but my work anyways.
>>
I realized that I hitted rock bottom with my depression. I don't feel happiness anymore, it's like I stopped to understand how life works.
I'm not sad, I'm just empty.
I had vacations with both my family and partner, but I cannot remember much, like I wasn't there. I know I had good times, but those memories does not feel real.
I know I should get professional help, but I find talking about myself so boring and exhausting, I tried once, lasted 6 months, but I go really bored.
Jfc, I want to be addictive to cosplay again.
>>
Coordinating is really fucking fun and it makes me so happy that I have a wardrobe now that is big enough for me to really play with. I don't know how to say it without sounding super braggy, I just wanted to share positive feels. I've been in lolita just over a year now and lately I feel like I'm really coming into my own as a lolita and it makes me happy.
>>
>>8856693
maybe power through therapy long enough to get medication. You sound like you really ought to be on it.
>>
File: 1436741453862.gif (659 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1436741453862.gif
659 KB, 500x280
>Been making accessories for my coords
>Get plenty of compliments
>Thinking about opening a shop
>Maybe posting progress pics in etsy threads to gauge interest
>Not sure if my idea is too similar to what’s already out there
>See how successful Hello Bones Jones is so there's hope
>But gulls are fickle and might not like my stuff as much

wat do?
>>
I am 80% happily married but I often fantasize about having a Jfash girlfriend all to myself. I love my husband but he's a fucking vanilla and far too overweight to wear Jfash with me. Also super monogamous.

Ugh tfw the guilt would wreck me.
Fuck you morals and vows why can't I be heartless like everyone sees me.
>>
>>8856757
Post your wares
>>
>>8856774
Maybe the next time an indie or accessories thread comes up. Hopefully by then I'll have enough prototypes to get feedback on.
>>
File: feels.jpg (27 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
27 KB, 500x388
>have a koreaboo best friend
>she's an awful koreaboo, but she's my best friend, and I find her entertaining, she's autistic as fuck
>she goes to a special education school
>does yellow fever shit like call herself caucASIAN
>I end up moving in with her to get away from my shit family
>we do dumb things together, since I drive she literally screams at me to drive her places
>whenever we argue about something she tells me "you're the loser at your school, while i'm popular at my school and everyone loves me, so im not listening to you"
>always hold my tongue because she's autistic as fuck and calling her out would start a full on war
>animal crossing comes out
>she screams until i drive and get it for her
>i have to use her brothers car
>handling on that car is absolute shit, scrape her car on the way out
>park and start going inside to alert her mom what happened
>she screams "DONT TELL MY MOM DONT TELL MY MOM I WANT ANIMAL CROSSING AND I WANT IT NOW IF YOU TELL MY MOM I WILL HATE YOU FOREVER BECAUSE THAT MEANS YOU CANT DRIVE AGAIN I WANT ANIMAL CROSSING NOW RIGHT NOW SHELL KICK YOU OUT IF SHE FINDS OUT"
>just drive because im done
>get her animal crossing

next weekend, anime con. I stay at the con center hotel, then drop by my friend's place to get cosplay
>i'm not left in
>ask my friend why
>she's just a snarky shit
>I worked hard on these cosplays and all my burando is in there what the hell
>she's a little asshole and brings up "you're the school loser, I'm the cool kid"
>straight up tell her "congrats bitch, you were the cool kid at a school for retards"
>end up getting kicked out (her mom later told me it was because she couldn't afford to have me there, and the car thing was just too much of an expense)
>I was her only friend
>she dropped me completely and blocked me on all social media
>missing some cosplay parts still.

I strangely miss her. 7 year friendship ended because I called it like it is.
>>
>>8856829
Fully expecting this to happen to me when I've drop my friend. She's bipolar though. Hope you've found a better living situation.
>>
>>8856835
thank you anon! its been 3 years and i have a pretty decent apartment now... and the koreaboo chick is still salty about my sick burn.

I used to have a bipolar friend at the same time i met the koreaboo one, dropping her was honestly liberating. the bipolar one would beat me over the head with math books in the middle of school if i didn't give her enough attention.

I miss them both a little bit, but when the negatives weigh more than the positives, you gotta do what you gotta do.
>>
>>8856829
that sucks anon. But from experience I can tell you; better no friends than bad friends.
>>
>>8856757
post it, anon
>>
>>8856757
Do it, anon! I want to see what you have!

I'm leaving for three weeks tonight and PANIC.jpg set in the other week so I pumped out some stuff that I definitely felt (and now know) is way too similar to Pepfox's stuff, just for the sake of having something in stock while I'm gone.

It can be really hard to tell when you're teetering that line of 'too similar/flooding the market' but the only way to start growing into your own style is to start!
>>
I just recently discovered lolita, and would love to start wearing it, but I don't know if I can ever actually look good in it. I can barely dress myself in normie clothes so I feel like I'd look like a frumpy old lady in lolita. I also worry that I'm too old for it, even though I know there are plenty of lolitas my age out there.
>>
>>8857256
Every lolita looks kinda weird by default, because lolita can be a weird-looking fashion.
I think everyone can look good in lolita as long as they figure out what suits them best. Some people are just lucky and look good in everything (like Fanny Rosie) and some have unfortunate features and have to be cautious of what they wear and will still get some comments (like LovelyLor). You'll need some time and trial&error but eventually you can find what suits you best. Classic is usually a safe bet for everyone. Just make sure you don't look like a granny.
>>
>>8856067
Is wanting to be with people that I can understand being an ass? Poles don't seem to realize how different Poland is for not Poles and how difficult it is to get around if you're not local. I don'twan t to offtopic about this. If there are cons or comms that friendly to people who DON'T speak Polish or are open to people who didn't grow up in Poland, then just tell me, please.

There's a huge lack of information on the internet even in Polish.
>>
File: rubenrose.jpg (322 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
rubenrose.jpg
322 KB, 400x600
>>8857256
If you don't know these blogs, give them a good read with plenty of great posts about dressing for your age, your bodyshape and how to start out.

fyeahlolita.blogspot.com.au/2010/01/dressing-your-age-in-lolita.html

rolisramblings.blogspot.ca/?m=1
>>
>>8857268
Hi, Polish lolita here. We are open to people outside our country. All of members can speak English so it's not a problem. If you would like to contact comm generaly, just visit lacekingdom.pl There is an English version. Just post there and say 'Hi'. We can answer all your questions, I understand it's harder when you don't know the language.
>>
>>8857268
No, but acting all high and mighty about being from other country is, as well as not doing any research and crying on cgl about ~being stuck in a middle of nowhere~. First thing you get after googling "lolita fashion poland" is the lacekingdom forum, second is a tumblr dedicated to Polish lolitas. How hard is to write a message to any of the featured girls, asking for a community? I guess too hard, woe is you.
>>
>>8856111
You must have real stable relationships with your gift of gaining understanding and empathy without ever opening your mouth. How the fuck is having an open dialogue "emotional abuse tactics?"
>>
>>8856763
Why would you marry someone monogamous when you don't like the idea of having one sexual partner forever? You'll grow resentment towards him eventually.
>>
>>8857268
>>8855691

Another Polish lolita here.
Whether your intention was to be mean or not, know that a couple Lolitas that saw your posts (mis?)interpreted it as a "I am stuck here with plebs and poorfags" thing. The mentions of the possible comms being "something legit looking", preferring to be with western Europeans and "income differences" didn't help much...

Finding our comms isn't very difficult too, all it took was to type in "lolita fashion poland" into google and you'd get a message board with a special section for foreigners. Or, if you don't want to register there, there are comms on FB too. You could go to any of them, write to any Lolita, and she'd point you to girls in your area - the scene is so small and close knit everyone is at least acquainted with each other.

> Poles don't seem to realize how different Poland is for not Poles and how difficult it is to get around if you're not local.

I can quite imagine it as being a nightmare, foreigners are a rather rare sight, so there are not many events in English.

>If there are cons or comms that friendly to people who DON'T speak Polish or are open to people who didn't grow up in Poland, then just tell me, please.

I've never in my life heard of a Lolita comm that would be NOT be open to foreigners - literally everyone speaks English, it's not really a problem. As someone said before, we get foreign visitors often.

As for cons... I don't know which city you're living in, but majority of cons is pure shit. Unless you're a teenage (native Polish) weeaboo, there is no way you could enjoy them. They're extremely foreigner unfriendly and you're not even likely to run into actual Lolitas there. Going to cons in Lolita is pretty much suicide.

Good luck finding some /cgl/ buddies, anon. I'd probably open to hanging out with you if you're from my city.
>>
>Have a British Emblem JSK from IW in my wardrobe
>Sort of bored of lolita and want to give it to my boyfriend for valentines since he would look legitimately cute in it and it's a way for him to start in the fashion
>Invite him over so I can give it to him before Valentines Day since I'll be busy at a birthday on Valentines
>Dress is gone, blouse is gone, gloves, stockings, all gone
>Only live with father so later that night I ask where the outfit went
>He cleaned the wardrobe out and didn't pay attention to the jsk or blouse or anything
>He threw it all out
>$388 down the drain
>The wardrobe is now filled with flannel shirts and hi vis vests
>IW doesnt even sell the jsk anymore

Rage does not explain.
>>
>>8856829
Jesus, been there. You're a hell of a lot more patient than I am. Honestly, you're better off. You're worth a shit ton more than to be subvervient to some rude asshole.
>>
>>8857432
what the fuck, he needs to pay you back for the value of those items. that is fucking retarded, is he mentally impaired or just cruel?
>>
>Started working a full-time restaurant job last fall
>Really good pay, as I get an hourly rate plus tips
>All income could realistically go towards lolita, as I live with my parents while taking online college classes
>Decide to save most of it, but a lot does go towards burando
>Start noticing some general fuckery at my job, specifically, lack of management
>As the season progresses, job becomes a more and more toxic environment
>Owner/boss refuses to fire her friends who don't do their jobs efficiently, while expecting the rest of us to pick up the slack
>Horribly understaffed 99% of the time
>Nothing ever gets done so our table turnover time is incredibly slow, which angers guests who end up having to wait more than 5 minutes
>Really, REALLY want to quit
>Esp because I've been having some personal problems with some of my coworkers
>And I need to start focusing more on school, because I want to go main campus next year
>But muh income
>Muh burando
>Won't be able to afford lolita if I quit b/c don't want to mooch off my parents
>Torn between my sanity and my constant flow of lolita cash
>>
>>8857456

Possibly temporarily fucking blind and retarded. Possibly cruel.

When he cleans he sometimes throws stuff out and sometimes puts stuff in bags to go into storage in our sleepout or caravan. Finding it crumpled up in the worst of conditions is best case scenario. He cleaned the wardrobe a while ago apparently so it's already at the dump if I can't find it.

He otherwise works 2 days a week and earns barely enough to stay alive. I can't make him foot the bill. I will guilt the shit out of him if he ever criticises reckless spending or my finances.
>>
>>8857470
i am raging with you, anon. this does not compute.
>>
>>8857470
My dad does this all the time with my mother and I's possessions. He likes to 'clean' when he's pissed off.
>>
>>8857468
Okay anon, i'm gonna tell you no matter how much brando you can get from this money, it is never worth your sanity.
I had a job like this recently and i was over worked picking up slack like you, and i had a mental break down at work and had to quit cause i had ignored my own mental/body health.
For your health and sanity quit as soon as possible. I know losing that cash flow will suck but it's better than failing classes, or having a break down.
>>
Anyone been through a slump where nothing entertained/attracted you and gotten through it? Just graduated and job hunting but the stress has been building up and now I just find watching anime/vidya tiresome. Even the prospect of cosplaying for the con this weekend doesnt elicit as much thrill as it should be. Any advice? I know this should probably pass if/when I get hired but still I know what I'm feeling is abnormal
>>
>>8857265
>>8857272
Thanks anons, this is really encouraging
>>
Am I crazy or did the cgl state discussion thread just get deleted?
>>
>>8857649
It's up >>8844414
>>
>>8857468
anon its not worth it. Quit and try to find a new one. I know it wont be very easy to find a new one usually but even if you can't its better than staying somewhere that makes you start to question your sanity.
>>
>>8857671
no, not comms, the one where people were complaining about the jan and the current state of the board
>>
>>8857624
When I do this I'll switch mediums/media. If I'm bored of TV shows, I'll switch to reading comics. If I get bored of that, I'll switch to video games. Its happened a few times that I've just fallen in love with character designs in a new media I'm consuming. Also, having someone else to geek over new media helps too. Do you have any friends who cosplay with you? What are they into?
>>
>tfw can't argue coherently about lolita because blaring migraine

should have taken my abortive sooner, here i am stubbornly typing with eyes mostly closed
>>
>>8857671
They mean the thread that had cgl-tan(or whatever we call her) as the op image.

>>8857771
Yep. It's gone. It really does seem like the mods are getting harsher. I received a 24 hour ban for an off topic post(one of the earlier feels posts about weight). Before the post would have just been deleted.
>>
>>8857468
If it's a chain restaurant, I'd report shit like that to thr company complaint line
>>
>>8857468
You know anon. It's gonna suck. But you're better off quitting. No amount of brand is worth your healthy, mentally and physically. I learned that the hard way. I had a job I really enjoy, got to travel, work at different cons, etc... But the owner was such a bitch and so disorganized, it caused me to have a breakdown. I sometimes miss the job but having to work with that owner again? No fucking thank you!
>>
>>8857495
>>8857510

Just came back from running around. Story doesnt end well.

He told me this morning he took it to the salvation army charity bins and I instantly left and sprinted to all the stores I know.

Sprinted to two different salvation armies in my area and three used clothes stores. Nothing. They never saw the outfit. I returned home empty handed and only then does my father tell me when he said he took it to the charity bins he actually meant the dump. Literal garbage disposal.

Went to the toilet, cried for a minute, and now I need to earn that money and find a new coord.

Jesus christ shit like this makes me want to move out but it's slightly petty to move out over a binned valentines gift even if it was worth a ton.
>>
>>8858203
not petty. he stole from you and has no way to pay you back and no sense of having done anything wrong. he'll do it again.
>>
>>8858203
It's not petty at all. It's a blantent disregard for your personal property. You're not the first anon who's dealt with family being disrespectful of their personal property. He should have never thrown it away without asking you first.
>>
What is it with so many anons' families throwing out their shit? Are you underage and your family feels like they still have control of your belongings? Do they not respect your privacy and space as an adult (like not going into your room to clean out your shit)? Is your shit in places it shouldn't be (like public spaces)? Or are all of you just making this shit up?

Like I honestly do not understand how/why there are so many of these stories. Move out, stand up for yourself, or secure your expensive shit to the best of your abilities.
>>
>>8858238
It's different reasons for different people. I lived with my parents Because they told me they needed the money and could never afford to live on my own. I finally pulled a "fuck this shit I'm out" when the abuse kept escalating and the rent kept raising. My parents were charging me $600 a month to live in an abusive hoarders house. Only reason I didn't move sooner because I was mentally wiped.

Sadly it can take a lot longer when you've been conditioned since a child to take the abuse and you have people who just can't wrap it around their heads that people have legit reasons not to want to speak to their parents. Especially if you don't bare physical scars.
>>
>>8858238
As most people with good families are, you may be shocked to find out that most people who are parents probably shouldn't be and that more people have messed up families and parents than don't.

Because it's normal to be like this, and the ideas behind these behaviours (My house my rules; I made you so I can do whatever I want to you; adults are always right etc etc.) are considered the correct things to think, most people never realise they're actually being mistreated so they never do anything about it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109 KB, 1920x1080
>being in a relationship for 3 years
>both totally in love
>in special dates, we gift each other, pretty normal
>I always buy to him weeby things, green lantern stuff, videogames and a lot of warhammer miniatures (are his passion)
>I receive little weeb stuff too, but while lolita is my passion since 10 years ago, he never gift me anything lolita related because "it's a phase - waste of money - not useful"
>Warhammer is his passion, not cheap, he was into itfor 10 years too, and while he plays it I go to lolita meets
>He don't want to understand it
>Respect me, but still thinks its pretty silly
>Literally 70% of my wardrobe is lolita, I even decorate house thinking on lolita style, etc
>While all my friends receiving lolita themed gifts from their husbandos

Maybe I sound like a pampered brat, but I want some nice lolita gift from my bf. Just a little thing.
>>
>>8858203
His behavior is incredibly abnormal. If you're trying to normalize and blow it off, don't. What he did was wrong and symptomatic of something bigger.
>>
>>8858271
I had shitty abusive parents, too, which is why I moved out of my druggie mom's house at 17. I realize it's not easy for people to do, especially as a minor, but when you're an adult (4chan is 18+) who 1) has enough money to afford brand and 2) is aware of the problem enough to bitch about it on an online image board, I think it's safe to say that you should be responsible for getting the fuck out.
Fuck, if Venus can escape her crazy ass mom, so can you.
And if you can't get out, at least secure your shit.
I used to keep my money, journal, etc. in a lock box under my bed.
>>
>>8858293
>if Venus can escape

Because she had help. Also buying the occassional piece of brand is a lot different then consistently affording rent.
>>
>>8858276
I don't think this is something stupid to get upset over. Looks like a red flag for a bunch of future issues to me. He's basically saying you're not capable of choosing a gift that you like yourself, and that shows that at some level he either doesn't take you seriously or have to listen to you. If this is really that important to you and he can't see it, how seriously is he going to take you about other important things in the future?

Gifts don't have to be practical or everlasting either. They're supposed to make the recipient happy. Whether or not it's a waste of money should be up to the recipient as well, not the gift giver.
>>
>>8858293
But that's the thing, as I said, anon's parent is behaving in a way that's considered acceptable and completely normal to most of society. It's way easier to recognise that a drug addict is bad and you need to leave than it is to leave a parent who 1. has most people backing up their behaviour and 2. is good and normal most of the rest of the time.

I'm guessing most of this board's parents are of the same generation, and most of them don't understand things like children's items belonging to the child, not the parent. Ask your friends how many of their parents threw away something from their childhood without asking (Pokemon cards, games console etc.) and I bet every single one of them has a story.
>>
>>8858307
Man, my parents have never thrown away any of my things. They've threatened to donate my toys to charity if I didn't clean my room, but that's it. Usually them saying that would spur me to ask them to help me sort through the toys so we could figure out what to donate since it made me realize I had too much stuff that I didn't want to clean up.
>>
>>8858317
My mom did. Sucks waking up and finding your shit gone because they decide you didn't want it anymore. A couple game consumes and a backyard swing set come to mind.

My MIL did that to her adult son. Went into his room and threw out an envelope he had tucked into the mirror. It had two tickets to a sold out Disney event. Thank god we got them out of the trash in time.

She slipped up recently with me and we got into an argument about it. Thankfully she now asks me before tossing stuff, but still moves stuff around without asking. It's confusing as fuck when I'm trying to find stuff and it's been shoved in a bid, in some corner of the garage out outside. Especially on projects I'm working on.
>>
>>8858327
My mom has always been the opposite, she never wants to throw stuff away so she puts her junk in my room and pretends it was always mine. I temporarily moved back in with her and it was hell shoving all my craft/cosplay shit into what was basically a closet I was staying in, but every goddam day there was some new garbage on my bed and whenever I brought it up with her she denied everything.
When I moved back out I threw so much stuff out the morning of garbage day and she was so pissed. To this day she still tries to pull this shit though. Last year she mailed me a box with all my childhood (<8 years old) halloween costumes in it.
>>
>>8855548
I'm so sorry, anon. losing bits of things you love is really hard. You used to love it, but now it feels shallow?

>>8855663
I feel this. I just want to have better arms and no dark circles

>>8855714
Hold on, sometimes people with depression (like me) believe things that are false. Wear lolita again every now and then, fix yourself up, give yourself a bath and shave and do your hair and makeup! You're still beautiful and you shouldn't just give up and believe in something that isn't true.

>>8855717
That's so great, keep living the dream!

>>8856693
I wish I could pick you up, anon. I know that feel where you can't feel. I think that therapy will help.

>>8856696
That's so wonderful. It's great to hear successful lolita stories!
>>
>>8858293
Fellow child of shitty abusive parents here. That is good advice. I am imagining a fucking gun safe full of brand lol. I moved out because of my parents stealing from me, that is not OK.

Dear everyone: love yourself. You don't owe your parents shit unless they have lent you money with the express agreement you will repay it. Families are supposed to be supportive. If they aren't, get out there and start apartment shopping asap. Having a closet all to yourself and space to sew cosplay is so awesome and way cheaper than you'd think, especially if you find roommates at school or work
>>
>finally beginning lolita
>feels pressured into having brand
I know do it for yourself do what you like yaddayadda and yet i just feel like i HAVE to have brand or else i wont be good enough. I should work on my confidence

Also
>student
>cant have a student job cuz no "student status" cuz studying at a distance
>besides babysitting once in a blue moon
>can't have a job either because i must finish to study. One more year to go

So fucking frustrating. I just want munnies.
>>
>>8855691
You sound like an cunt with a superiority complex. I hope you don't find a comm so they don't have to deal with you.
>>
Good feels:
my wardrobe is coming around. I have some really lovely pieces and I just found a cute bolero for a dress I got but haven't worn.

guilty feels:
I have a boyfriend and he's super great, but lazy and it gets me down sometimes. He doesn't like lolita much, and dresses poorly, despite me trying to fix it. I feel guilty when I wear lolita around him.
Meanwhile, I've had this friend who I've had a crush on for YEARS, loves lolita and cosplay, and recently told me she thinks she's gay.

I really want to be with my friend, but I still love my boyfriend and it's the worst guilty feeling.
>>
>>8858349
Ironically my family are hoarders. Horde the shit out of their stuff, but felt it was okay to get rid of their kids stuff.

I remember before I moved out, back when my grandmother passed away. They gave me permission to move into her old bedroom(which I used to share with her when I was a small child) we eventually agreed to turn my old bedroom into a guestroom/sewing room. It was pretty nice, I took the time to organize the space, even installing shelves in the closet. Until my mom demanded I move all my sewing stuff out. Her excuse was my nieces might step on a sewing needle. So I was forced to move all my sewing stuff into my bedroom, and the guest room quickly filled with their junk. My parents demanded I clean the now junk filled guest room. Which was impossible. Ironically my brother never allowed my niece's over to the house because it was absolutely disgusting, filled with junk, and the floor and walls were coated with animal urine.
>>
>>8858276
It is probably a phase though
>>
>>8858276
Shit anon. My husband is pretty obtuse and even he got me a gift relating to Lolita. Not gonna try and armchair diagnose this, but go to relationship counseling.
>>
>>8858259
"Oh anon, it'll change when you move out. You'll appreciate your parents."
"Oh it's not that bad. You're just a teen. You're over exaggerating."
"Anon, you'll realize one day your mom was right."
"Oh anon, you don't know the abuse she went through. Give her a break."
That last one kills me. So because that bitch was abused, it gives her the right to abuse me? And when I exhibit those behaviours, I'm the problem child and I'm spared every excuse you've given her?
>>
>>8858276
He doesn't understand you on a basic level :( My fella is into wargaming too, plays in the world championship- but jfc they are little plastic men, even sillier than frilly dresses.No more presents for him. Just say its a waste if money.
>>
>>8858357
Go lurk the good bodyline/handmade threads you don't need brand to look good it just makes it easier due to higher quality and more coherent colors.
>>
>>8855665
GO FOR IT, don't worry so much about whether she's gay or not since I'm sure it'll come up eventually the more you get to know her. And if she's into you she'll definitely mention it at some point (or at least that's what I do since it's so hard to tell with girls)
>>
>>8857510
>>8857470
>my dad likes to 'clean' when he gets pissed off
I FEEL THIS FEEL my mom does this shit.
I don't live with her anymore, but when I did if anything did not have a 'place' ie not on a surface of any kind it was free to be trashed. Display on your vanity? Trash. Bookmarks on a bookshelf? trash. Toys you stopped playing with because I yelled at you to do something else at that moment? TRASH.
My room was also 'the office' before I was born and was full of things I was told I could not touch and would get my ass kicked if I did, like a filing cabinet full of craft supplies and a bookshelf that spanned one of the walls, fun times. My parents just have trouble understanding that I, and by extension my belongings, are not their property. Also that I am a living breathing thing with my own thoughts and motivations that are not "what my parents want me to do/what will make my parents happy" but that is another story.

I have posted before about the time I had her watch my apartment with the specific request that she ignore my messy closet while I was at a con and she trashed a bunch of my brand (Some I had been lovingly hand-washing since the early 2000's) and designer suits for work by putting them in a washer and dryer, along with random shit tossed and my personal things clearly rummaged...

It never stops, my husband and her were talking one day and she was bitching about how cluttered my apartment was (fuck off) and he sarcastically brought up all the issues I now have with personal belongings thanks to her throwing out all my shit as a kid and she denied all of it, got angry and started screaming about keeping all the shit I ever asked her to because she kept some of the stuff from my childhood that I sent back to her after I moved out? Kicker: I specifically asked her to donate that stuff for me.
>>
File: Y6qt76h.png (117 KB, 452x303) Image search: [Google]
Y6qt76h.png
117 KB, 452x303
>>8853668

>tfw gonna get me some resin shit because I'm restless and 'need' a hobby
>aw fuck need a respirator mask
>oh wait
>remember that I got fitted this year surely my clinic has some right
>rustle through cabinets
>first cabinet I find has my respirator
>awww yiss

Sometimes it doesn't suck so bad to be in healthcare.
>>
>>8858203
1. Move out ASAP if at all possible. Don't buy any more stuff until you moved out, consider it a lost cause.
2. Keep your money/important things secure and hidden somewhere. Even if you need to buy something that locks or store it with trusted friends/family.
3. If you do end up buying more stuff, keep it secure and hidden. Not really a good idea. Moving out is a priority.

I'm really sorry about your clothes. I hope you're able to re-buy some of it later once you've settled into a safer environment.

>>8858238
I think some of it is parents not realizing how important some belongings are to you. You might collect limited-edition figurines. To them, they look like toys/junk and might throw them out or give them to a kid to play with.

Mostly I think it's parents with some kind of mental/emotional issues taking it out on their kid. Mental illness, drug/alcohol use makes people irrational and their behavior might make no sense at all. (This is of course assuming Anon isn't leaving their stuff laying in common areas, their room isn't a mess & were told to clean it up, etc)
>>
>>8858459
What condition do you have, anon?
>>
I usually drive to conventions but I'm flying to Katsucon tomorrow morning and one of my costume pieces is very fragile and I'm afraid that putting it in my checked bag is going to mean that arriving at DCA it's going to have fallen apart. I realized that I had forgotten to pack one of my liquor bottles, opened the bag to find that it wasn't looking too hot, so I pulled it out to lay flat and reattach a piece that was coming off.
Wish me a lot of luck, gulls. I'd probably have time to fix it in my hotel room but I don't want to have to. I guess I'll just try to pack it in nice and sturdy and hope.
>at least if my cosplay gets wrecked I'll have booze to soothe away the pain
>>
>>8858368
Your feel is similar to my feel.
>with boyfriend for many years
>love him but he's kind of a slob and puts very little effort into how he dresses
>normie, supports cosplay and lolita for my sake but is not interested
>also have good female friend of many years
>cosplay and go on lolita outings together
>have both confessed that we're attracted to one another but it was never the right time (before I started seeing current bf)
>still kind of have feelings for her even though we'd be an awful match and I'd never hurt my boyfriend
>neither of us can be with our SOs for Valentine's, so we're having a lolita bestie "date"
>partially want gf for real
>mostly content with just this close, affectionate friend
I wish my boyfriend cared enough to dress nicely and take me out on a real date were we together for this holiday (which he wouldn't on his own if we were together, I'd have to pester him), but I'm happy I get to spend it with someone who also wants to look cute and do something nice for someone she cares about. Pretend, pretend.
>>
>>8858497

It's generally advised that you get a respirator mask for resin making.
>>
>>8858368
>>8858513
Why do you girls stay with slobs who can't take care of their appearances when you obviously have compatible cuties right in front of you?
>>
>>8858522

>lolita girlfriend
>lolita boyfriend

No thanks girlfriend. I for one would not like to date me.
>>
>>8858307
Man, when my mom got angry at me, she went and trashed my lolita/cosplay closet. Just thew everything onto the floor, sometimes at me. I guess I'm lucky, since it's certainly easier to clean up a mess than to never recover the item again.
>>
>>8858522
A brief anon bitch in a vent thread =/= an accurate overall portrayal of a person or relationship.

Boyfriend
>-would wear gym shorts and baggy t-shirts all day, every day if I didn't beg him to put on at least jeans every once in a while
>+ambitious
>+honest
>+treats me with respect

Female friend
>+adorable lolita
>-majorly histrionic
>-dishonest with her partners
>-just generally doesn't have her shit together.

But yeah, I should totally stop dating a decent person in gym shorts so I can have my kawaii relationship with crazy, you right
>>
>>8858522
GTFO and go back to /r9k/
>>
>visit /cgl/ on and off every few months for the past two years
>used to be only out of curiosity because wow i never would've guessed lolita would have such a big subculture outside of japan
>now stopping by more frequently and getting legitimately interested in lolita fashions
>think about giving it a shot one day
>oh wait i'm in the deep south where anything outside of a proposed norm is seen as "qwaire" and will get you side eyed so hard

I'M JUST SO TRIGGERED BY THIS WHOLE THING YOU GUYS
>>
>>8857256
I think that since lolita has rules it's easier to wear than normie clothes, just cover all your bases and maybe stick to basic colour themes until you find your feet and can start branching out into discovering your own lolita style. It's never too late to walk the kawaii path.
>>
>>8858513
lol
>just broke up with bf
>a-atleast I can finally date a cute lolita right? Share dresses and vibrators? Go on btb together?
>local comm is nice but all sjw tumblr teens or 25+ straightlaced women who've been in relationships for years
>doesn't feel the same in long distance relationships or emotionless sex for me personally, I like loving physical contact
>just want an honest and monogamous relationship with someone who enjoys cute things and will be my waifu until the end
We always talk about this on /cgl/, fuck. How the hell do I let people know I'm gay but vanilla without mentioning it every 10 minutes?
I'm probably just a little needy at the moment because I'm so used to constant companionship and now it's gone.
>>
>>8858357
Anon do not fall into the brand trap.
Is brand nice?: Yes
Is brand nice to have?: Yes
But don't ever think you can be less of a lolita for not having it and don't ever feel like you must buy brand for the sake of buying brand.
>>
>>8853668

>first time on /cgl/ since 2011
>dont understand how to use the chan anymore
>sooo much more lolita than cosplay
>i feel so out of the loop
>fomo
>>
>>8858567
I live in Alabama, of all places. We have a nice comm, and normies rarely say anything to me. Those that do almost always say nice things. Just do it; it ain't as bad as you think it will be.

Unless you're a guy. Then haha, good luck. Travel in groups for safety.
>>
A couple of girls in my comm have inadvertently outed themselves as gulls. I wish we could be better friends irl but I'm worried they're the ones who always accuse me of being efame thirsty. I don't write blogs, try to craft and build a brand, make videos, or anything lIke that. Other than being active on CoF, and cgl, I'm pretty low key with my presence online. I just wish they would chill on trying to making me out to be the bad guy.
I don't see why being on cgl is such a bad thing desu. I never post my coords on the CoF thread, but I wait a few days after I post on Facebook to see if I turn up on here. Most of the time, I'm lurking for the concrit. Don't get me wrong, I can admit that asspats are really nice! But I need the concrit so I can get better.
>>
I really want some online lolita friends, but I either get too nervous of people, or the people I attract are into totally different things to me, so it's hard to keep a conversation going.
I always feel like I'd get judged hard if I were to post in a friending thread on here. Does anybody actually make online friends on cgl?
>>
File: 1385784524418.png (143 KB, 745x543) Image search: [Google]
1385784524418.png
143 KB, 745x543
>make a feels post about not being able to buy frilly things aka lolita
>post deleted and blocked for "off topic"
guess my feel wasn't good enough
>>
>>8858623
>sooo much more lolita than cosplay
this is repeatedly proven false, it is always a 50/50 split when people take the time to count.

we also got hit with a spammer recently who pushed around 15 threads off the board which have not all been recreated yet.
>>
>>8858623
Lurk a while re-noob, see if you are still even into the topics. some things are different but a lot is the same old, same old.
>>
>>8858357
Realistic: do you have enough money to get 1 brand coord or a couple of off-brand coords together correctly? If not, you may not be as 'ready for lolita' as you think...
>>
>>8858623
cosplay ONLY threads: 34
jfash ONLY threads: 35

the rest are both/neither

still think cosplay is being wiped off the board by jfash?
>>
>>8853743
I'm too fat for about 1/2 my wardrobe right now too. Feels like shit so I go to the gym and work on eating better. Feel better physically already and a little weight is coming off already too.
>>
>>8858699
Crying about shit you don't have is neither a Lolita nor a cosplay topic, I think.
>>
File: tumblr_mvt8uztTYV1qlv884o1_250.png (70 KB, 250x261) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvt8uztTYV1qlv884o1_250.png
70 KB, 250x261
>sweetorials posts a new guest crafter video
https://youtu.be/cRiRgKd07dE
>it's a really bad looking necklace
>the video has almost 50 dislikes
>there are angry screaming hate comments against anyone who criticized the video
>your typical youtube comment wars break out
>only a few minutes after the rage comments stop, the guest creator is now thanking the people who complimented her
Something's not right here.

I can't tell if it's whiteknighting, samefagging, or a combination of both but either way it's been a while since I've seen this kind of drama unfold in front of my very eyes.
>>
File: andmiretink.gif (3 MB, 367x330) Image search: [Google]
andmiretink.gif
3 MB, 367x330
>>8858644
I want online lolita friends, too. I want someone who will send me pictures of her new purchases and her wardrobe and we could give each other tips on what to wear or what to buy. Have skype "dates" where we dress up and just be lone lolitas and show off our stuff. Send each other presents and letters.
>>
>>8858734
So not being able to buy lolita like I use to due to life circumstances, even though shopping is something that makes me happy sometimes, is off topic in a feels thread? Thanks for the heads up, remind half the posters in the thread upset they can't afford the things they want to get out.
>>
>>8858768
It's probably her friends or something, I see that at least one of them is subbed to her.
>>
>>8858734

You're doing a shitty job janitor. Just accept it.
>>
>>8858774
Well this seems to be staying up so getting to cry about it twice = yay?
>>
>>8858644
>>8858773
Get in the g+ EGL group.
>tfw finally have online lolita friends to talk to who aren't crazy sjws like in the Facebook groups and don't have to worry about having a fake name reported

Online comm, good feels
>>
>>8858933
Never used G+ aside from making an account to use youtube. Is it the egl community that's private?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.