[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comic Con Tampa VS Dragoncon 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: PicsArt_02-04-01.42.30.jpg (431 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_02-04-01.42.30.jpg
431 KB, 2048x2048
Hey /cgl/

Me and my girlfriend are split on whether to go to Comic Con Tampa (August) or Dragoncon (September) this year. We're only going to one.

We've both been to Dragoncon twice, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I know Comic Con San Diego is the shit, but I never hear anything about Tampa. I've compared the two websites and CC hardly has anything posted as far as celebrity guest list and events. That kind of concerns me. DC has more info posted despite being a month further away.

>Comic con Tampa pros
It's closer (we live in Jax FL)
It's cheaper ($65/ticket right now)
We've never been to a Comic con

>CC Cons
Website has little information listed on events or guests
Atlanta is cooler than Tampa

>Dragoncon pros
We know what to expect
Seems like it's a bigger event all around with more to do and see
Atlanta is cooler than Tampa

>DC Cons
More expensive ($100/ticket right now)
Further away

Has anybody here been to both? I'm not trying to wait until the week before to buy tickets. But CC is seriously slacking on the event/guest list information. Any feedback helps.
>>
It's only a couple hours longer to drive to ATL than Tampa from Jax. Go to Dragon*con.
>>
>>8848288

Any experience with Comic con Tampa?
>>
TBCC was a train wreck. It was so unorganized and the staff were clueless. I don't care who they get as a guest I won't be giving them my money again. DragonCon might be crowded but at least there are plenty of other entertaining things to do. TBCC was bland, the only attraction they have is their guest list.
>>
>>8848120
This isn't even a question. They're on completely separate fields. Dragon is obviously superior. TBCC is not like "the comic con" like SanDiego that you mention. It's just another dumb Florida con.
>>
>>8848358
>>8848375

We were already leaning towards Dragon con. Thanks for the input.

Any particular horror stories about Comic con Tampa you care to share?
>>
i've heard dragon con has a more laid back crowd and often better panels.
>>
Go to DragonCon. They have a Fame Walk where you can walk by and see the celebrities (most of them) at their signing booths. Any panels you can't get into are broadcast on DragonCon TV so you can still watch them in your hotel room. Plus they have an aquarium night which is really neat, go see the whale sharks. TBCC offers none of these things.
>>
I also want to know a bit about tbcc because the people who run it are trying to set up shop in my area too. I was skeptical because they're pulling crazy guests for a first year con and have really strange exhibitor policies, so I want to know a bit more about them
>>
>>8848120
Bump for curiosity. I've always wanted to go cause I live near it, but too broke to go. How is it like?
>>
>>8861597

How is which event like? Your post was vague on whether you lived close to TB or ATL. I've only been to Dragon Con.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.