[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dutch thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: 763a4d77c.png (3 KB, 783x548) Image search: [Google]
763a4d77c.png
3 KB, 783x548
Last one died just when it started to get more active, lets keep the discussion going.

Anyone going to Tsunacon?
>>
I am, not sure if it's worth the 20 euros though.
>>
>>8837585
No
>>
Anyone still lurking the discussion on Aniway about AA's as well?
They started talking about fanart and all, and during the entire thing all I can think about is that there art simply isn't good at all which is why they aren't selling shit.
>>
>>8837563
I kinda want to go to see all the weebs rejected. But I'm also the person they come crying to.
>>
>>8838114
I am. I'm lurking because I have no intention of pretending I know things better when these people have much more AA experience than me. Though I wish they'd visit the artist alley threads here sometime. Then they'd know, for example, that an online following hardly impacts your con sales.

Had a good laugh over Superkip not even realizing who Cyarin was.

I've never been fond of the laminated charms. Even when done well, they just seem really cheap. I guess people on etsy agreed. Does no one in that thread research where to get stuff made? It seems like they all think you have to invest huge amounts of money into decent products. There are places with low MOQs for this purpose.
>>
Nt a dutch con but I'm considering going to dokomi in Germany this year. Is it worth going? The con isn ot far from me and got reommended by a friend. I've not been to a german con yet though. Any experiences woth sharing regarding the german comunity?
>>
>>8838299
I'm kind of amazed, same as you really.

Laminated key-chains just are soooo cheap, anyting laminated is just really cheap looking and I don't know why they're so "lage kwaliteit = lage prijs". It's so stupid. No wonder nobody buys anything.

Also even if lets say, making charms is too much, it's not impossible to get stuff like stickers or even just some bookmarks made regionally. Especially not printing.

I can't believe some of these went to art school (I'm looking at you Appeltjesgroen) yet still seem to be unable to realize that your quality matters.

As for con experiences it's interesting to read their posts, I just take the profit or not stuff with a grain of salt since from what I recall the only halfway decent artist in the discussion is Nat-chan.
>>
>>8838341
Dokomi has a really nice location.

The main difference at German Cons is that most of the fun is not inside the building but at the park. If you don't want to see a specific event it's normal just to stay outside all day. A lot of people don't buy tickets anymore.
>>
Lets try not to have this thread die on us.

Do you guys think that we need stuff like better panels or guests at our cons? I always found both of those to be so lackluster. Guests is kind of expected but so many of the panels aren't interesting at all either.
>>
>>8840436
What kind of guests are you looking for then?
>>
>>8838433
The laminated keychains are so incredibly cheap and I'm amazed if they sell at all.
Half the time they just taking some home printed paper and run it through and it shows.

It's not like there aren't other options for keychains. I think there were some AA tables at animecon that had decent plastic charms. (And I've definitely seen plenty of them at London Expo before.)

AA needs to stop being too cheap to invest in a decent product.
>>
>>8840479
It's just so silly to me they don't want to invest at all, of course you're not going to make bank then.

My favorite reply was the one who said they sold some stuff on etsy but got bad reviews because of the quality and went "well it was cheap so what did they expect"
Even by that logic, have some self respect for your work damn.
>>
For those still interested in vograce, I received my order this week. I'll probably write up a review in the artist alley thread today.
tl;dr: it looks good, I'm happy. Shipping costs were comparable to other reviews ($22 for 140 charms) and took a week. Coco lowered the value for me so no customs!
>>
>>8840518
Thank you so much in advance! Shipping is less then when I thought it would be, now I really want to try them out for myself.
>>
>>8840481
That's the kind of response I expect from a Chinese eBay seller with $0,49 mass-produced sweatshop accessories, not someone who considers themselves an artist...
>>
>>8840518
>>8840533
Review is up! >>8840782
>>
>>8840436
I feel like Dutch comicon is doing their best guest-wise.
>>
>>8840436
I'm curious, what and who would you like to see at a convention?
>>
>>8840436
I would love to have some mangaka over. But I know that's not possible.
>>
>>8844584
As someone who used to organize a lot of events at a convention, I can tell you that is not entirely true.
It is all something that has to do with how much money a convention can spend, and what they spend it on. And a bit of luck.
There was a time that we said there would never be a band, but now most conventions have pretty good ones.
There was a time that we said that there would never be international cosplayers, yet some conventions invite those now as well.

If there is a demand, it will always be considered.

That is why a decent convention looks at topics like this, at fora, at the 10001 Facebook pages even remotely related to the scene and other sources. But even then, there is no way a convention can know all the things you would like to see. So, that is why I ask, what would you really like to see or do.

That being said, I can guarantee that not everything is possible, but we will often look into it. In the case of mangaka, it is not always that easy. It is not just money, some mangaka are quite shy and don't want to come. There are other mangaka who are almost dead on a stage or who behave rude that it is not worth the staffs time and frustration (the last one I have never heard first hand stories of this case in combination with mangaka, but some other guests can be a handful).
So, if you have some ideas of who or what you would like to see, just mail a convention, they might be able to get him/her. At least half of the events I had my hands in were ideas from either the event host or the visitors.

Of course I can't speak for all conventions, at least for mine I can (of course, I'm kinda retired).
>>
The contest from Fantasywijzer is such bullshit. How does this lazy piece of shit get 250+ likes?

Contests based around likes are so stupid. I feel bad for the actual talented cosplayers losing to shit like this.
>>
>store bought costume
>367 likes

kill me
>>
>>8845728
You only can win tickets for DCC with the most likes. The others are jury based.
>>
>>8845742
Like that's not what people are going for.
>>
>>8845730
Did she buy those likes by any chance? The amount of likes is suspiciously high imo.
>>
>>8845791
This so much. Actual good cosplayen all have 100 at most. Someone mentioned it but got instantly brushed of by some white knight.
>>
>>8845810
Not surprised about the whole whiteknight thing. All we need is evidence and she'll get removed from the whole contest right?
>>
>>8845730
This cosplay is mweh, I guess buying likes wins you the contest. Saw some sick cosplays with only a few votes, its sad but its also the reality I guess.
>>
>>8845791
The photo is shared 15 times and she has 900 facebook friends. I don't think she bought them, but she definitely begged.
>>
>>8845882
There are quite popular cosplayers in the contest with way less (like Moekke) it's hard to believe a bought hermoine cosplay is what everyones been voting for.
>>
>>8845895
If you have enough friends and invest time in promoting yourself, why not? Moekke didn't advertise because she didn't care for the tickets, but the other prices.
DCC tickets aren't that expansive, why blow all the money on votes for a price, if you can spend it directly to tickets.
>>
I really don't understand why they're even allowing bought costumes in the first place. Isn't this some sort of craftmanship contest?? It seems so shallow to me to enter with a bought costume and expecting to win.
>>
So who do you guys think is going to win? (based on the cosplay not likes)
>>
>>8846104
You have different prices for different catagories. Craft is another one.
>>
File: 1453022034103.jpg (279 KB, 431x493) Image search: [Google]
1453022034103.jpg
279 KB, 431x493
Mfw one week to Tsunacon and still no AA lineup posted.
>>
>>8850919
It's ridiculous, in one of the aniway threads you have appeltjesgroen talking about how she's working with tsunacon and takes suggestions from artists yet despite having been suggested several times, there's still no lineup.

It's stupid as fuck I mean no wonder nobody buys from artists when a con can't bother to put up information on a website. I'm pretty sure everyone had to put on a website link on their forms as well so it's not like they have zero information either.
>>
>>8851018
I get that they're busy but just posting a list of websites really shouldn't be that much work. If they can't fit that into their schedule then their planning is goddamn awful. (It probably is.)
They're not replying to my e-mail either. Anyone know what kind of backdrop we can expect? Material/color-wise? I wanna plan how to attach my prints to it already.
>>
>>8851131
Is it me, or do half of the pages 404. What a fucking mess...
>>
>>8851131
It couldn't possibly take more then half an hour to put up a list of all artists and their sites.

No wonder Dutch cons aren't recommended for artists when they put in zero effort for them.
>>
Does anyone get anything other than an error when clicking on the Tsunacon schedule? Is there anywhere to find it?
>>
>>8852191
I think there is no schedule yet? I didn't see one get announced on their website or Facebook.
>>
>>8852191
>>8852206

Both of those options sure are shit. I mean for sure they should have some sort of schedule ready right? Why not put it up?
>>
Tsunacon's organization is notoriously shit for the amount of visitors they get. Most of the gophers are a bunch of 15-year olds and the ones that do work behind the scene never seem to get anything done in time. They usually post the schedule a few days before the con and it's usually still incomplete. The website has had broken links for years, none of this is surprising. They don't seem to care or be willing to invest time or money in their con. They usually sell out anyway, even with the retarded 70-euro 'gold' tickets, because it's the first big con of the year and there are plenty of weebs willing to go. Maybe this year will be different.
>>
Haha I think they're reading along, guys. I got an answer to my e-mail and the schedule is up.
To any organisers reading along: put the damn AA list up!
>>
>>8837563
I'm going, mainly because it's starting to become a bit of a tradition for me and a bunch of (con) friends. We tend to have a good time there.
>>
Dutch Comic con has an "act competition". Does that mean you have to act out a whole story? Or does doing a few character poses qualify too? Or something in between
Not that familiar with competitions.
>>
>>8853886
It means you have to do some sort of skit. It's the only thing you'll be judged on, because bought costumes are allowed at the DCC competition this year, so if you want to compete I don't think doing a couple poses is going to cut it.
>>
>>8853983
Welp. No competition for me then.
>>
Schedule is up.
>>
>>8853886
aka have previous conwinners compete with the same costume again. Last year someone won with a cosplay she wore (and won with,) at the eurocos preliminaries. Not even worth it to compete I'd say.
>>
>>8857337
that probably wont happen this year because a lot of the elite cosplayers are ticked off that at DCC the bought cosplays will be judged equally to their selfmade ones.
>>
Does Tsunacon have a new management? Even the gopher can get contact...
>>
>>8857980
*can't
>>
>>8857980
Sounds like business as usual?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (179 KB, 504x669) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
179 KB, 504x669
I have nothing against Nat-chan, but it rubs me the wrong way that Tsunacon would share one specific artist's post in lieu of posting the actual list of artists.
>>
>>8857337
Which competitions are worth partaking in when you're relatively new? (so not some popular cosplayer with 1000+ likes)
>>
>>8859599
Oh wow that's shitty... well her post and art make her at least look halfway decent compared to some other artists
>>
Tsunacon management sucks, nothing new there.
More important: Animecon has announced to have fripSide this year. I am so going to love this year's con.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.