[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Commissions Review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: Collage 2016-01-20 22_22_37.jpg (237 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2016-01-20 22_22_37.jpg
237 KB, 1440x1440
No ebay/amazon store buys.

Post your good, bad, and ugly...
>>
Comissioner- HK Armor

$100 + $75 SH
Came with all armor/weapon seen (no cape, etc)
He's from mexico and has won awards. Communication wasn't too great, but he always responded.

Required 20 different measurements to get GMP. Once paid, it took 4 months. Fits PERFECT.
>>
File: 2016-01-25 23.09.39.png (3 MB, 1440x1782) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-25 23.09.39.png
3 MB, 1440x1782
>>8832508
>>
I have a question as a comissioner.
I actually plan to make 3D models of stuff relative to sci-fi, Anime and Comics on demand for cosplayer.
i need to know how much i can ask for it. i i purpose a finish 3d models in multi format ready to be print in any service. i have to make sketches and plan for the construction so it takes a bit of time without counting the modelisation itself.
so how much can i charge for this type of work ?
>>
>>8832508
wow, someone needs to tell him he's extremely underpricing his work.
>>
>>8832508
>>8832512
>>8833114
>wow, someone needs to tell him he's extremely underpricing his work.

Wow, a good looking Endymion. You fucking never see that.

I don't know who you are dude but you better be living up to that armor with a fresh shave, a little make up, and a proper hairstyle.
None of that half ass shit boys usually do when they costume
>>
>>8833114
It was extremely cheap, but he lives in southern mexico where everything is apparently cheap.

>>8833131
Thank you. You can probably find me on the princeendymion tag on IG if you really wanted to see. I'm okay, but I can only get better.

MORE COMMISSIONS THO
>>
>>8833084
Holy shit, I used do this for a living in a formal engineering office setting.

As a drafter, you are looking get $10-$20 an hour. Low = no degree, mid= certificate/licensure, high = degree.

Each project should be estimated, pro-rate how much time it should take, round up 1 hour, multiply by hour hourly rate, and add 10% for profit.

15% should be asked upfront for overhead.

(Before some screams at me that this doesn't work for costuming, this is computer work).
>>
>>8834778
>Thank you. You can probably find me on the princeendymion tag on IG if you really wanted to see. I'm okay, but I can only get better.

I see ya. I think you look nice. You did a pretty good job. Good on you for trying to get that hair right. Boy wigs can be dicey.
>>
File: IMGP8681.jpg (302 KB, 1305x1971) Image search: [Google]
IMGP8681.jpg
302 KB, 1305x1971
ooh! i've been wanting this type of thread for awhile! i have several i could do but here's my first one.

CosplayFu - Silica ALO version.
Total cost was around $180 or so, this is only the costume so boots,socks,gloves do not count.

It came with Gloves, jacket, Skirt,shirt, belt, trail thing (not sure what that is called) everything fit pretty well BUT the gloves and leg socks it came with were IMPOSSIBLY SMALL to wear (this was custom size ordered) but other then that it was alright, unfortunately at the time this was the only site selling it that had an ACTUAL image of the finished product.
>>
>>8836008
dem cat ears plz
>>
Here is some bad for you:

Super Sailor Pluto.

https://youtu.be/7qjj6D5oBLs
>>
>>8836042
Sailor Saturn

https://youtu.be/8NCwcwngDT4

Both are fixable. But problem is people who buy don't bother to learn the most basic of sewing tasks like making a bow.
>>
>>8836010
those are shit and i made them quickly because they needed to match the wig color ;o; this costume was a handful of disasters (that wig was too small for my head) etc. SAO wasn't even worth cosplaying that much in the end.
>>
Might not get an answer because it's a lolita and not a cosplay question. Anyone here commission MeLikesTea? Her prices are so damn low so I'm a little skeptical (shipping from Brazil will probably balance it out though). What's her quality like construction-wise?
I'm thinking about commissioning her to make a hard tulle tea length petticoat because I have a heavy, long, skirt that doesn't hold up over my currently petticoat. Also thinking about commissioning her or someone else to make a basic suspender/apron style short skirt for casual wear because I'm too tall for the ones on ebay/AE/taobao and they're so damn cute and I need one.
>>
>>8834786
Thank you.
>>
>>8832508
Damn that looks good. Glad it turns out well for you.

>>8836079
>all the excuses
Well at the end it still looks bad overall. Will avoid the shop.
>>
>>8836008
>CosplayFu
They're a Taobao reseller anon. You probably could've gotten that costume on Taobao for $60...
>>
File: 05_shirica.png (585 KB, 773x1056) Image search: [Google]
05_shirica.png
585 KB, 773x1056
>>8836008
The costume looks poor and inaccurate, unfortunately. The sleeves are far too long and the top half shouldn't be puff sleeves. The right sleeve is completely inaccurate; it has a bar stripe down it instead of a loop. The left sleeve is missing the short bar and cat face. There shouldn't be belt loops on the outfit. I can't see what's obscured in the photo, but I can guess that it isn't much better.
>>
>>8833114

Dude, he's from Mexico - no one over here is going to pay more for that.

Anyway, have another mexican, Yunalee. This is the Queen of Hearts from Ever After High, total cost was about $200. The crown is obviously inaccurate as fuck, but her specialty aren't props so I didn't mind.

The only downside is that she's booked to hell and back, so you have to order things about 6-7 months in advance.
>>
>>8832508
Btw, GMP means Guaranteed Maximum Price.

Please ask your comissioner for one.
>>
>>8843277
>Dude, he's from Mexico - no one over here is going to pay more for that.

What is international shipping?!?!
>>
>>8844735

International work will always be a hassle compared to national work.
>>
>>8832508
do you have this guys info or does anyone in this thread do commissions? I want a few but i got burned the last time i ordered one
>>
I'm looking for someone who makes fitted bodysuits or custom swimsuits

Anyone have suggestions?
>>
>>8844793
When you can very easily double or triple the price (or more) most people would find it worthwhile. International long distance work is not much more of a hassle than domestic long distance work if you're not sending several mock ups back and forth and you can converse in the same language.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.