[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I feel too guilty and ashamed to cosplay as a girl character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1440693318415.jpg (86 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
1440693318415.jpg
86 KB, 426x341
Why do I feel too guilty and ashamed to cosplay as a girl character?

Girls cosplay guys all the time
>>
homophobia/patriarchy etc.

men are given a lot of shit for even seeming interested in feminime things. just grow confidence and know it is not at all unusual to crossplay at a con.
>>
>>8829469
true. guys showing an interest in anything remotely feminine= gay, in most people's mind. I have a straight male friend who crossdresses for anime girl (actually passes pretty well) and everyone pretty much laughs when he says hes straight. they either assume hes trans or gay and just in the closet about it. similarly, a lot of people think a guy dressing up as a girl has some sort of perverted connotations
>>
>>8829468
I'd love to crossplay as sailor moon one day.
>>
>>8829468
It's harder to hide a bulge than to fake one?
>>
>>8829468
It's a convention, no-one will judge you on anything other than if your cosplay is shit or not really
Outside the convention would be different though, so I'd say go for it but either get dressed at the convention or go in a group so public idiots don't think it's a fetish thing and harass you (if it helps those things also happen to anyone who cosplay in public).
>>
>>8830631
What if a big part of my apprehension is the fear that whatever cosplay I do will turn out to be shit anyway because of my male body?
>>
Average guy dressed as a girl will never look as good as average girl dressed as a guy
>>
>>8830947
>implying any of it looks good in the first place
>>
If it's your first cosplay, maybe don't crossplay just yet. There's a ton to be learned about cosplay in general, and even more shit to get under your belt about crossplay; but as long as you practice a lot and are open to learning new things/trial and error, you'll probably be fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 660x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 660x880
>>8830947
Totally, anon.
>>
>>8829469
>feminime
This should be used as an actual term more often.
>>
>>8830606
Just tuck like queens do bro. I think good tucking is on level with good binding. Seen lots of female crossplayers who can't bind for shit and end up looking fat.
>>
>>8831345
Now take a dude with the same body type and put him in a sailor outfit. I agree that these women don't necessarily look that great but an equivalent male cross dresser would look infinitely worse imo.
>>
>>8831756
Those women look horrible, as do 99% of female crossplayers. They're always some combination of doughy faces, shapely hourglass figures, or they're too thin.

Occasionally you get good ones who have manly faces and broad shoulders, but usually they look terrible. Also, a MtF crossplayer who passes is hot, unlike passing FtM. Manly women are never hot.

Good MtF crossplay = infinitely better.
>>
>>8830631
People will still judge you silently if you're a cross dressing guy
>>
>>8831865
there's a girl i know who crossplays and passes pretty convincingly as a dude and i was surprised to learn shes actually a girl. feel kind of badly for her bc her face isnt that cute for a girl, but i guess it makes her a good guy cosplayer
>>
>>8831345
They did fine with what they have but

>shorter
>young
>no wig
>soft faces

Doesn't work for trying to be tall male actors in their late 30s early 40s. It's cute but not a shining example of FtM crossplay.
>>
>>8829468
You just gotta be confident Anon.
I did my first crossplay recently to a Halloween costume party, everyone loved it, and the hostess awarded me with best costume. Everyone was also wasted.

I'm trying to get better now, between getting decent makeup and learning how to apply it, and getting a higher quality outfit.
>>
>>8831865
>Manly women are never hot
A tad subjective, don't you think?
>>
>>8831986
Maybe if you're a dyke.
>>
As a male I crossplayed once. I got told off by some female cosplaying a male character that it as offensive because X, Y, and Z.
Didn't really listen, but never did it again because I don't fancy becoming the focus of a tumblr rant/call out.
>>
>>8832455
I would already continue just for the sake of fucking with the minds of tumblrinas.
>>
>>8831865
>Manly women are never hot.
I'd disagree, but like the other anon said, it's subjective.

Besides that, I give a pass to a lot of FtM crossplayers because a lot of anime guys are really feminine looking. As long as their costumes are well made they can get their clothes into a masculine silhouette then I'll like them.
>>
Because it means you're a fag.
>>
>>8832880
/thread
>>
File: image.png (62 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62 KB, 300x200
>>8832880
>>8832934
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.