[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>disney Epcot Japan's idea of Lolita look at it! look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: kjsdf136.jpg (925 KB, 700x1698) Image search: [Google]
kjsdf136.jpg
925 KB, 700x1698
>disney Epcot Japan's idea of Lolita

look at it!

look at it and cry
>>
Sage because this doesn't deserve its own thread but
>all this decoden bullshit
>still no petticoat
god damn it what the fuck
>>
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/kawaii-japans-cute-culture-in-the-bijutsu-kan-gallery-at-epcot-opens/
>>
other than the ratty ass wig, this isn't half bad for casual and is just missing a petti

did this really warrant its own thread though?
>>
>>8823976
>Not half bad for casuals

i know casuals, they are nothing like this
>>
>>8823977
casual lolita, not casuals m8
>>
>>8823984
thats what i meant
>>
>>8823968
I saw this a month ago and died inside.
>>
File: check_em_by_boyboy99100-d57xp3y.png (204 KB, 480x448) Image search: [Google]
check_em_by_boyboy99100-d57xp3y.png
204 KB, 480x448
>>8824000
Nice trips

ya we are going to disney and saw this renovation
>>
>>8823968
Didn't someone post this a while ago and write a letter to Disney about it?
>>
>>8824015
was not aware, just saw it for the first time myself
>>
It never mention it was Lolita just that it was cute jfashion. Something tells me Disney wouldn't be kosher with something being referred to as 'Lolita' but maybe that's just me
>>
>>8823972
>that outfit said to be found in shibuya...
>>
>>8824015
Some one did, I think they said that Disney actually apologized and said they would look into it?
>>
>>8824088
I find it a little odd that with as much money Disney has, they couldn't just tell a worker or even an unpaid intern to go research and get some clothes from japan or something. Like I really doubt a $300 OP would've killed them plus another $200 for accessories and such.

At the same time even for getting it wrong they were sort of close - the blouse isn't terrible and the biggest thing wrong with the skirt is that hideous lace. Socks.....meh. Kind of ita overall but still sort of close??
>>
>>8824123
and by get some clothes from japan I mean stumble upon actual brand clothing. perhaps I'm just expecting too much from them
>>
>>8824123
Honestly they could've picked up a whole coord minus shoes from Closet Child for $300 or less. I agree that they should've had someone do adequate research before getting the outfit. It's not even hard to find good lolita or decora (I honestly don't know which one they're going for) coord photos.
>>
Almost everyone who works at the Japan Pavillion is from there I'm surprised no one said anything. Then again most if them wouldn't point out something like that unless they were asked.
>>
>>8824205
But the low tier workers at the stores and restaurants have nothing to do with people who design the exhibits. I guess if everyone complained enough, maybe they could have an impact but i doubt they care enough.
>>
>>8824205
>Almost everyone who works at the Japan Pavillion is from there
just to clarify, are you saying everyone working at the pavillion is from japan? just because they're from japan doesn't necessarily mean they're going to understand the basics of a proper lolita outfit or know what lolita is exactly.
>>
>>8824273
I can kinda agree and confirm on this. I did the Disney College program a few years ago and was friends with a girl who worked in the store at the Japan pavilion. She told me that the majority of the other girls who worked with her had very little to no interest in anime. They were familiar with pokemon and hello kitty but not the flavor of the month weeb shit.
Just because they're from Japan doesn't mean they know everything about the pop culture and is an authority on it.
>>
>>8824277
I always feel bad for the women working there when weeb dudes show up.

One time when I was there I heard this guy going on and on about his trip to Japan and made a hand heart shape while screeching KYUUUN.
>>
>>8824123
Disney doesn't have unpaid interns, they are paid, just not much. (google Disney College Program) Interns don't generally end up in a position to be involved with
>>
>>8824591
erk, to be involved with decision making type deals like displays or exhibits.
>>
>that bandaid on the knee
>>
Considering that Disney has collaborated with brands on prints I'm not sure why they don't display one of those collab dresses...
>>
>>8823976
No, this is trash.
>>
>>8824123
They wouldn't even have needed to do much research. Just walk into a brand store and ask the shop girls to put together an outfit for $600 or whatever and boom, no effort needed. Less effort than sticking all those fugly pins on that wig and going out to buy a kawaii bandaid to put on the mannequin's knee, certainly.
>>
>>8823968
Why do you keep posting this around? Not only do you spam it on here but you keep posting it in the comms you're in.

I know who you are and yes this is bad, but you don't even wear the fashion let alone understand the concept of it.

Plus, I don't think this is actually supposed to be Lolita. I feel like Disney just pulled a bunch of stuff together from different fashions and decided it was reminiscent of "Harajuku Girls".
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.