[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A-kon 2016 (Or 27 years)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 6
File: A-kon 27.png (22 KB, 600x150) Image search: [Google]
A-kon 27.png
22 KB, 600x150
A-kon 27 is just around the corner! (Or, it's five months away.)
Is anyone attending who's never been? Are you ready for the return of Yaya?
Are we ready for another year of pulled fire alarms from the edgy teenagers or for another guy to beat the hell out of some firefighters and a cop while tripping Acid?
I sure am!
What's your favorite part about the upcoming Anatole storm?
>>
I'm debating going to run an artist alley table, if they haven't sold those yet. Otherwise, fuck A-kon. I'll never return to it for pleasure, burned too many times.
>>
I'm excited for the overwhelmed Denny's.
>>
It's only January.
>>
>>8820654
They ran out of half of their breakfast menu two years ago at 1pm on Friday and I never went back. Did they ever learn go stock up?

>>8820744
And?
>>
>>8821193

Just seems early. They haven't even announced much aside from a few guests.

Do people already have plans at this point?
>>
>>8821434

A-kon is already accepting panels, of course I have plans. So happy they're back to doing things early. It seems A-kon does things earlier than most cons and I really appreciate that, at least on the panels front.

Now to sit and wait about AA. Not looking forward to the bloodbath, but maybe I'll get in this year.
>>
>>8821193
They always get fucked. Employee turn around is probably too high for someone to say, "Hey remember when there was that super busy time last year? Let's prepare and make dosh."
>>
>>8821549

Panels are being accepted? Where did you see that?
>>
>>8821434
Half of my friends are already picking cosplay plans and asking what I'm doing.
>>
>>8821594
People who submitted panels, probably. They usually get on it faster than afest.
>>
>>8821594

In my inbox. Had several get accepted. I submitted within the first two weeks and it makes sense that they'd schedule things now. Submissions are still open so clearly they're not all the way booked yet. I also heard they were moving to a 24/7 schedule (or trying), so hopefully not a lot of swiss cheese for the schedule this year.

Definitely helps me out as a panelist. Better to have 5 months to plan than 2.
>>
>>8821594
They've been accepting those for months. You have until 2/15 I think.
>>
>>8821549
Are you being serious? Last year they were 2 months late with panelist getting information and they screwed over a lot of potential panelists by not having their shit together. It was a disaster.

It looks like they replaced the panel head this year at least so maybe it won't be as bad, but A-kon has NEVER had a reputation of getting things done in a timely manner.
>>
>>8822104

Last year was a fuck-up, but the other years I've done panels they took applications in the fall and let people know with at least 3+ months notice, compared to some other big cons which give you 2 months or less notice on a panel. A-kon is in June and I have been accepted. Sakura-Con is in March and I still haven't heard back.

Panel head is new it seems and I've already had a far better experience than any other year.
>>
Sent a few panels in but haven't heard anything yet.

What's everyone's cosplay plans?
>>
Last year was a nightmare, I don't know if it'll be worth it to go back this year. Maybe if they get their shit together it could be fun but I don't know if they can do that.
>>
>>8822104
>>8823334
They've replaced a lot of their heads this year, not just the panel head.
>>
>>8825663

That's somewhat reassuring.
>>
Does anyone know when they post cosplay contest rules?
>>
File: literally 1.png (632 KB, 499x744) Image search: [Google]
literally 1.png
632 KB, 499x744
A-kon announced that Yaya will be back this year.
How long has it been since she was at Akon, it's been a while, right?

On top of that we have a couple other Cosplay Guests that they've announced but the seem to be LITERALLY WHOs. I though having PikminLink last year was a step in the right direction but not we are back to these randoms.

Here is one of them.
>>
File: literally2.png (457 KB, 504x577) Image search: [Google]
literally2.png
457 KB, 504x577
>>8826976
And the other one.
>>
>>8826976
Wait, Pikmin Link was here last year? I swear I heard absolutely nothing about that.

>>8826979
Shit, I should be a cosplay guest, too. Who's in? Seagull Society: Cosplay Group.
>>
>>8826976
This girl seems so basic. All her costumes in her photos are either super simple or purchased. I've never heard of her but she has hundreds of thousands of likes? Really disappointed in this, hope she's not a judge.

>>8826979
This girl has been judging for A-kon and Afest for years. I don't think she's super well known, but its not like this is her first rodeo.

Yaya's guest announcement doesn't bother me. I know a lot of people dislike her, but I at least know she's an adequite judge with a lot of experience. She's certainly the highest caliber out of everyone announced.
>>
They usually have quite a few cosplay guests and judges. It's still early and I doubt they have announced everyone yet.
>>
Can anyone who has roomed in a hotel other than the Anatole give me some firsthand reviews? Like where did you stay, how was the transportation to the hotel, cost per room, etc?
>>
>>8829346
Hilton Garden inns pretty nice. Can't give you a price off the top of my head... But it's really not all that far a walk and the staff is extremely nice everytime I've been there.
>>
Worth me getting a room even though I live like 10 miles north?
>>
>>8829346
The Doubletree behind the Anatole is actually really nice. Last year, we got two free parking spaces, free breakfast, and there's a free shuttle if you're too lazy to walk several yards to the Anatole. Upon check in, they gave us free cookies, water bottles, and apples in some gift bags, though that could have just been because we're silver hhonors members? We're staying there again because it was really enjoyable and because I won a free night from a contest they had last year...but apparently the rates right now are $239 a night the con weekend, which is pretty steep considering that's more expensive than the Anatole. Though, I'm sure prices will likely go down once they announce the main con hotel is booked out and they make a large announcement on overflow hotels.
>>
>>8830700
No. The Anatole actually raises its prices during A-Kon, and this year, the surrounding hotels have started doing the same. Zero amenities and good luck finding room service. Parking is atrocious, so if you can, Uber to and from. It will be cheaper. I did it last year and I live about 15 miles away.
>>
>>8830700

Depends. I live 20 mins from the Anatole but I get a room now because of all the panels I do. It's just tough to get done with a panel at midnight or 1 am, know I have to truck all my stuff to the car and then get home and then still get cleaned up for bed, only to wake up early the next morning and do it all over again.

It's a convenience factor. Plus, if I want to take a break from the con I can go back to my hotel room and have some peace and quiet instead of having to hang around the Anatole with all the crowds. But I usually also try to economize where I can, so I get rooms at hotels that have mini fridges and microwaves, so I'll bring food for the weekend to keep costs low on that front.
>>
Does anyone know what's going on with the lolita stuff? Are they having a tea party? How much are tickets?
>>
>>8833335

Don't think anything is official yet. Metroplex mods are the ones running stuff.
>>
>>8830780
The cookies is just a Double Tree thing FYI, the rest may be because you are Silver HHonors members. I love Double Tree and their god damn cookies.
>>
>>8827069
Probably because she hasn't gone by the name PL for a few years now and wasn't announced as PL.
She was a cosplay judge and had an artist alley table. I think she also had a couple of panels but I could be wrong as I am never interested in attending panels.
>>
Who is going to be in the AA or at least trying out for a table? I heard they were opening up registration soon for that. I'll try to buy something from my fellow seagulls, even if it is small.
>>
>>8835515

I'm hoping to get in this year. Submitted my tax ID within 3 seconds last year and didn't get in. It's a crapshoot.
>>
>>8835669
Shit, that sucks anon. Maybe you can table up with someone? I'm more of a hobby artist so I don't really do AAs, but you'd be able to make a higher profit just by splitting table costs. Plus you get two badges per table, right?

This was posted on the tumblr just now for anyone interested.
>>
>>8835515
I'm gonna try and apply this year. Last year I was waitlisted and I'm guessing they won't have a "test page" like they did last year.

Does anyone know how waitlist works? Do they just start contacting people if someone drops out or what?
>>
Any notable Texas trips going?
>>
Anyone else excited for Octopimp? Honestly I never expected for him to go to a Texas con.
>>
>>8835897
I shouldn't be this excited but my inner 2012 Homestuck self is hype as fuck.
>>
>>8835897

They haven't advertised him much so I didn't realize he was going until he was posted here.
>>
>>8835897

They are literally the only guest I want to see (as of now). 50% off is like my comfort food.

>>8835745

I may see if any of my AA friends would be willing to do that. I am missing A-Fest this year due to graduation so I'm really hoping to get into A-kon so I have one local con, and then will try for San Japan as well.

>>8835757

I have no idea. Presumably it's time stamped and based on that, but with SO many people trying to sign up, it's entirely plausible there were hundreds of people with my same 3 second window and it comes down to milliseconds. Last year your tax ID is what held your place and then you had 15 minutes to complete the rest of the application (but completing the rest quicker didn't get you a higher spot, it was just how quickly you could put in your ID on the first page).

I do know that you can go to the AA head on Thursday night or Friday morning and ask for a table if there are people who haven't shown up. But that means I'd have to truck all my AA stuff to the con on the chance I'd be able to convince her to give me a table. It's not worth it at that point, at least to me.
>>
Wow, didn't expect an Akon thread this soon.

What's everyone's plan for cosplaying? Me, I know nothing of making cosplay so I'm either going to wear my kirito jacket I bought at Afest two years ago or purchase Terumi Yuuki.. I dunno yet.. feels wierd to wear a purchased cosplay and I think its shuned here.. Don't lurk cgl too much, I've only come to lurk during Akon/Afest
>>
>>8836348

No one cares if you bought it unless you try to compete and claim it as your own.
>>
So has anyone been able to get questions answered on the Facebook groups? My feed is getting shit posts constantly. Is that normal for con Facebook pages?
>>
>>8836400
It was definitely that bad last year. Anyway, if you have any questions about the con itself and can't figure it out on the website, you could always ask the tumblr page a-kon-unofficial and they can probably redirect you to the right people.
>>
>>8835788
Don't open that can of worms.
>>
File: Front view.png (1 MB, 1523x1017) Image search: [Google]
Front view.png
1 MB, 1523x1017
I'm entering the Cosplay contest, But I'm really nervous because I've heard reports that Yaya han is a guest and she has a thing against Armor?? I'm honestly 90% I wont even place because the entire Costume -is- armor...

(Pic related)
>>
>>8841382
Why would she have a thing against armor?
>>
>>8841384
She apparently thinks it's too overdone now that -she- made it popular?? I read that she told another guest judge that she doesn't like how flashy it is now.
>>
>>8841390

>Doesn't like how flashy it is now

Wonder what she thinks of cosplays that accentuate boobs. Are they too flashy now?

>>8836400

Seconding this >>8838949. Ask Tumblr-chan. It'll be a more honest answer anyway.
>>
>>8841390
When did she say that?
>>
File: 1452971890196.jpg (211 KB, 619x855) Image search: [Google]
1452971890196.jpg
211 KB, 619x855
Please don't fuck with the artwork in the hotel. Some of that stuff is quite valuable art/history wise.

Example: The ship propeller in the garden is from the Lusitania, whose sinking brought America into WWI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Lusitania
>>
>>8841382

She's been a guest for years and hasn't been a judge in a really long time. Unless they specifically say she's judging the contest, I wouldnt stress about it.
>>
>>8841463

Rumors of art being destroyed happens each year. I don't think anything has actually been broken or vandalized. There was some water damage in a wall last year from a storm. That's about it.
>>
>>8841492
Yeah, I'm not too worried but I'm really hoping its Just a rumor.

>>8841422
Thats like Nigri saying boob cosplays are too popular.
>>
Oh wow hello A-Kon thread.

Anyone doing JoJo cosplay or have any photoshoots planned?
>>
Column Con 2016-- The Revenge
>>
>>8845796
Me and a couple of friends are actually planning a small group cosplay! I haven't heard of any shoots planned yet though desu
>>
>>8845796
it's not really a "photoshoot" but people usually are down to take pictures after Pose Academy. No idea what time it is this year, but it's usually on Saturday.
>>
Who panel procrastination here?
>>
>>8847507

Nah, already started writing all mine. Got one half done last weekend and looking to close off my portion soon. I have too many to procrastinate.
>>
>>8847507

Submitted or started to prepare?
>>
>>8845796
Won't have it done until Afest. But I'm hoping to do a part 5 group with my friends.
>>
>>8824623
not sure yet, i have one or two ideas though, i hope they're finished in time, waiting on mail is the worst
>>
So who all was part of the madness that is AA registration today? I feel like I got my cardio in for today just applying.
>>
>>8852592
Did you manage to make it?
>>
>>8852644

Don't think anyone will know till March.
>>
I'll be doing an Adam from RWBY for most of the con
>>
>>8852592
It was stupid tense. I have yet to get in, so I'm hoping this will be the year, or I'm moving on. Got on the waiting list at least!
>>
>>8852592
I managed to get my application in. Got home from a small local con 30 minutes before it opened up. I feel like something like AA applications shouldn't be so heart pounding.
>>
So is anyone worried about the Yaya Han cosplay fabric being used in the cosplay contests and winning her vote because it's her brand?? She is gonna have bias.
>>
>>8853425
Yaya isn't an actual judge though, is she? I just thought she was a guest. Regardless, A-Kon's cosplay contest voting has been shit for years, so it doesn't matter.

>>8853175
>>8853191
I feel like there should be an easier system for AAs in general (A-Kon isn't the only one with this horrible problem). Maybe something like everyone gets a 2-3 day period to submit their information, then the artist alley is determined based on things like portfolio quality, not who got here first. It's probably too much effort for staff, though.
>>
>>8853425
I think someone in an FB artist alley group said people have been getting rashes from it because it's been dipped in chemicals and washing it fucks those chemicals up or something.
>>
>>8853429
Considering that there are...what, 400+ people trying to get one of only 100 tables, and an unknown amount of AA staff, it probably would be too much for them to go through that many portfolios.
>>
>>8853429

When you have larger cons like Akon, they tend to get a crazy amount of AA artists wanting to get in. It's not uncommon for 500-800+ trying all at once. As great as it would be to be able to vet every artist, it's just not an option. You realize staff are volunteers right? They don't get paid. You're asking for them to forgo paid jobs in order to go through each potential AA artist's gallery. That's a bit crazy.
>>
>>8853425

She hasn't judged in years.

>>8853429

I'm not sure how bad judging is though. I have seen first hand how something that may look good on a stage from far away looks like a hot mess up close.

When was the last time you competed?
>>
>>8853425
>>8853535
See >>8853084 it seems like the rashes are an actual thing.
I've also heard she's been deleting anything posted to her FB page about the issue. Were I going I'd straight up use the fabrics and then make a scene during a contest. Either way this whole thing is a PR nightmare.
>>
>>8853067

Yeah, we won't find out until March. It's a total crapshoot. The tax ID/table name page holds your spot, supposedly, once you submit that. Last year I got through that page in 3 seconds but got waitlisted. This year it was 2-3 seconds, too.

So I'm guessing that if there are like 200 people in that 3 second timestamp window, it comes down to the milliseconds and people were faster? 'Cause I don't know how I can get all that submitted in 3 seconds and not get in. I got waitlisted so clearly I passed the jury system.
>>
>>8853594
Did you bother to read the thread? The thread where they pretty much prove this girl made the whole thing up?
>>
>>8854047

Even if they did the internet jumped on it and will keep freaking out as it often does.
>>
>>8854094
Why link it here and say its true then?
>>
>>8854175

I didn't link it, but clearly people are still flipping out about it.
>>
Watching the Facebook group replies I'm going say yaya isn't judging.

Still going to compete no matter who's judging. So many people saying they refuse to because of yaya makes for better odds for other people who don't care.
>>
Contest rules are up
>>
>>8857406
>walk-ons don't get their own audio
>only two categories for competion, meaning journeymen and masters have to compete against each other

Weh. Could be worse, but that's kind of annoying.
>>
>>8857532
Walk ons have never gotten their own audio at AKon, not sure why you thought they would this year. The fact they have divisions at all are a godsend. They used to adamantly opposed that because "it wouldn't be fair"
>>
>>8857617
I've never competed at A-Kon, I'm used to different standard I guess?
>>
>>8857640
AKon tends to be about 5 years behind on everything. They introduced divisions a year or two ago. They only started online sign ups about 4 years ago.
>>
Pre-reg seems a little high this year. $53.75 and we're still 113 days away?
>>
>>8858555

It's not a massive leap. I would guess the price to use the hotel rose and they are having to adjust prices.
>>
>>8858555
It was only a $5 increase I think. It probably looks different just because $40 something vs $50 something.
>>
>>8853540
Yup, understood, but it makes me wonder if it's not time for a change. A Kon isn't a tiny local con...it's huge. They make a rediculous profit every year. It's a huge, legit business. Isn't it time to hire paid staff, even as temp or seasonal, for key management positions? I know it's unassailable tradition, but I feel like the big cons are coasting on the tradition of volunteering for cons. That works fine for smaller cons, but successful, long-running, established cons only barely function under this model.
>>
>>8858979

I think you assume the profit is large enough to make that happen. Majority of profit goes towards hotel and insurance costs. A-Kon could probably do it later on once their numbers are higher, but they aren't AX size yet.
>>
>>8859329
>assume profit margins are high enough

Because they are. AKon makes plenty of money to salary out a few part time coordinators. If other, smaller cons can afford to pay people they certainly can. They don't want to because they are stubborn in the way cons used to run. It's where 90% of their problems stem from.
>>
>>8859437

It's possible they do and just don't advertise it? I don't know the inner workings if akon in particular. I just know working with other cons that a lot of profit goes to places most attendees wouldn't realize.
>>
>>8859444
Why would you advertise you make a lot of money? Then people would expect so much more out of you and you couldn't take it all home.
>>
>>8858632
>>8858863

It might be since it's so early I expected it to be a little chaper and then end up closer to $60 before the con. Maybe it won't have a huge price jump later on then.
>>
>>8859479

I think anon meant they might not advertise that they have paid staff positions.

>>8858555

Having been to cons that cost more, this still seems very reasonable. Just buy early so it's even cheaper.
>>
Anyone else notice they updated the website?
>>
>>8858979
>>8859329
>>8859437
>>8859444
I crunched A-Kon's numbers for fun and they at least make 1 million every year. And that's deducting hotel cost, liability, staff, ect. Most of that money goes into a pool for the following year.
After their contract runs up with the Anatole (which should be 2 more years after this one) they're moving to the Dallas Convention Center, so they're figuring out contracts with nearby hotels and shuttle systems.
>>
>>8863608

And you know all this how exactly?
>>
Vendor attending for the first time here. Looking forward to it. People have been requesting us to come down for a while.
>>
>>8864215

Oh I'm curious which vendor?
>>
>>8864215
Oh shit, congratulations on getting through that horribly long waitlist. What's your name? I try to stop by all gull tables.

>>8863608
Is DCA where Lights All Night was?
>>
Yaya Han isn't going to be judge unless something really weird happens. She has no-showed judging at A-kon before and refuses to be professional about judging alongside people she doesn't care for.
Getting "big names" for cosplay judging looks cool from the outside, but it is much better to have niche or non-famous cosplayers that know their shit and are easy to work with. Extra emphasis on the latter.
>>
>>8864236

Tasty Peach Studios, been waiting around 4 years!
>>
>>8864405

Whoops, missed the double reply. Tasty Peach Studios :) looking forward to to finally attending.
>>
>>8864644
I love your store!! My favorite for like 5 years! Great seeing you at cons.
>>
>>8864684

Thanks much! We've slowly been getting into more and more Texas shows, and we're glad to finally be coming to A-Kon. Been on the list for a long while :)
>>
I wish they had more lolita related stuff:
1. Swap meet
2. Lolita games panel
3. Brand gues and table at vendors
4. Tea party or fashion show
So far they've only talked about a "lolita makeup panel" like wtf. All you meed to know are the basics of makeup no specific panel needed.
>>
>>8864694
I heard a rumor that there will be a tea party this year. If there is, I'm looking forward to it. But why not submit some of those things as panels yourself, anon? I'd love a swap meet.
>>
>>8864694
I'm putting together a lolita panel about dressing for your body type, anon.

But seriously, seconding the anon above me: if you want to see something on the schedule, submit it!
>>
>>8864694

Call me crazy, but I think most of those are listed on the website.
>>
>>8864746
Can't find any on the website
>>
>>8864798

New website design. Took me a bit but there's a drop down menu
>>
>>8864694

I'm running a nitpick panel with hair / makeup /accessories focus (which is different from the lolita makeup demonstration that Metroplex is trying to do). There is also a 101 being run, I think there's a game show, they're trying to do a tea party and fashion show, and there is always a swap meet.

Also, there's more to lolita makeup than knowing the basics. Normal fashion makeup and lolita makeup aren't the same.
>>
>>8864694
I know there will be some lolita panels in general this year and MAYBE a tea party, like another anon said. I don't know if anyone wants to do a fashion show at A-Kon after that disaster a few years back. Do you guys remember that? I still cringe when I think about it.

I could have sworn there was a lolita swap meet last year, but it was a hotel room thing, not an actual event.

I agree with the brand vendors. We have so many vendors that have no place being at A-Kon (people selling Funko Pops and other shit you can find at Target/Hot Topic plsgo), not to mention the vendors who continue to get past the no bootlegs policy. I'm sure a few people could be cut to make room for a brand or two.
>>
>>8866136
Not from Dallas but whenever there is a brand booth at a con I go faster than you can say brandwhore.
Pls give deets on the fashion show.
>>
>>8866177

Last I heard they wanted an indie designer.
>>
>>8866177
Models ditched. Some just didn't show up. Planners didn't know what they were doing. Lots of awkward, LONG, unexplained pauses in the show. It was a mess.

>>8866272
An indie designer would be great, actually. That's some good exposure for them. The Metroplex Lolitas have a large group, plus you get all of the out of town girls and people who might be interested for lolita pieces in say otome or something. I'd feel a lot more comfortable buying from an indie brand if I could see the pieces in person first.
>>
>>8866408
>>8866272

If they get any fashion guests I'll be happy. I know there was a post about a fashion track of programing at some point.
>>
I've been going to akon for a very long time. But last year at a-kon I was not interested in it at all. I just got bored with A-kon. >.<
>>
>>8868338
A-Kon very much is a con that you should come prepared to make your own fun at.
>>
>>8868407
This. I come to look at Artist Alley, Dealers and to watch my friends get shitfaced.
>>
>>8866136
http://www.a-kon.com/Explore/J-Fashion

Looks like they're doing it.
>>
>>8870608
I for one am very excited. Finally it's not the stupid maid cafe
>>
The con is almost four months away, but I'm so excited. I'm already planning out my co-ords. I usually don't do this until a couple of weeks in advance. I don't know what it is about A-Kon. It is by no means the best con ever, but it is my favorite con. I think the news of the J-Fashion track might have contributed to this. I'm really excited about the lolita swap meet (hopefully people pay attention to that no bootlegs policy and don't ruin it for everyone, though).
>>
>>8870608
Sign me the fuck up. I hope it doesn't suck.
>>
>>8870801
The con chair is really out of touch with many things. She had people repeatedly trying to tell her for years that maid cafes and lolita fashion are NOT the same thing. Having a J-Fashion track is a step in the right direction for A-kon.

Now hopefully someone can finally get through to her that steampunk isn't nearly as popular as she thinks it is, and interest in it peaked a decade ago.
>>
>>8871923

Not just the chair it's a lot of older staff. None of them are really into Japan pop-culture and it shows.
>>
>>8872043
If they aren't interested in Japanese pop culture why are they on staff for a Japanese pop culture convention?
>>
>>8872097

No idea. It's likely similar to other cons. You get friends to help you run it even if they don't care about the subject.
>>
>>8872097
I'm sure they cared in the 1990 when the con was founded...

26 years your tastes change, but they make enough money it's not worth it to just stop. The con chair is also really uncomfortably territorial. Even is she hasn't watched Anime in years she would never let another Anime con be as successful in Dallas.
>>
I just suggest the best way to getting rid of shit events is to not attend them. Hate steampunk? Don't attend those panels or concerts or whatever.
Want more lolita stuff? Make sure those seats get filled.

This goes for anything. Shitty bands, panels, you name it. I volunteered last year and I know they count bodies and keep a record.
>>
>>8872847
Look Anon, you're probably right and they probably do keep a record. But the facts don't lie, nobody actually attends that stupid steampunk shit and yet we find it on the schedule again every. single. year.

Why?

Not because they care about how many people show up, that's for damn sure. Just because they keep records doesn't mean they have any kind of standards about what gets in and what doesn't. We've been bitching in these threads for years about all the steampunk and maid cafe BS, and has anything changed? no.
>>
>>8872852

You assume the people who make the decisions actually read cgl.
>>
>>8872976
lol as if they don't
>>
>>8872852
>we've been bitching in these threads for years

Anon, no one who makes those decisions is reading /cgl/ and taking the input as serious suggestions. If you don't like it leave polite but firm feedback on their social media or email them.
>>
>>8872981
The probably really don't. And if they do, they aren't going to take it seriously. Like the other anon said, complaints have to be made in other forums, not just a place that is immediately going to be written off as 4chan being 4chan (regardless of the veracity and relevance of your complaints).
>>
>>8873041
>>8872983
>>8872981

Well hey they have actual forums now could always go post there. At least it wouldn't get buried immediately like the facebook groups.
>>
>>8873064
I'm glad you mentioned the forums. There's an entire steampunk sub-forum. Yeah. Nothing for J-fash, though.
>>
>>8873337
They probably haven't put it on there yet. I hope they do.
>>
>>8873337
Maybe it will be completely dead and help prove the point
>>
>>8872976
>>8872981
>>8872983
>>8873041

The con chair isn't reading, but programming staff (before and after the change) are. Last year I bitched on cgl about the shitty panel process and how blatantly unfair it was. As a previous panelist for the con and assurances I would get in from staff, they declined my panels despite being one of the first submissions they got. So I complained on here and within two days I got a personal phone call from the previous panel head who wanted to make a deal with me (so I'd shut up of course). Whether she herself saw it or panel staff below her did and barked it up the chain because they could see that there were clearly problems, I'll never know. Either way, I got a panel on the schedule whereas before they had all been rejected. But complaining here DOES get noticed, whether it's always addressed remains to be seen.

Tumblr chan most definitely reads cgl because she'll respond to the sentiments here. Just look at how much A-kon is now promoting their J-fashion track after all these questions on here about it.
>>
>>8873628

We at least someone is paying attention
>>
If tumblr Chan is actually reading this, does she actually bark it up the chain? Also, why are the troubleshooter so under paid at A-kon but so many of them get so heavily endorsed at other cons?
>>
>>8876749

I think so. At least it seems like it at least.

Not sure what you mean by the second part though.
>>
Anyone know where I can find a list of the photoshoot meet ups? I'm trying to figure out which day to wear which costume.
>>
>>8878587

Cosplay section in the forums
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.