[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
Old thread >>8810752

Closet of frills >>8809163
Coord help thread >>8791454
Nitpick thread >>8806124
Handmade Lolita >>8776803
Lolita Communities thread >>8799979
Dream dress thread >>8807220

IW doing the AP style
>>
>>8816256
Echoing I really dislike this sudden deluge of AP-esque star/pegasus/sky theme fad prints from IW. Sure it's only a handful amongst all their releases but in just one season they've already churned out... this is the 4th?

Of all of them this is at least the most tasteful in that it's a bit more reminiscent of their past embroidery prints. You could say they've already done things like this in the past like Astronomical Clock but imo that print with its classical illustrations and architectural elements is much more typical of IW than these more recent ones.
>>
>>8816256
Lmao this is hideous

Also how is this AP at all? Looks like the rest of IWs simple print dresses
>>
>>8816347
It's because it is Innocent World, you cuck.
>>
>>8816369
You might want to reread the comments before going Saxa
>>
>>8816347
Lol. Embarrassing.
>>
>>8816430
Relax. Not all IW is awful, I actually have a few dream prints from them. I'm just wondering where all the "look they are doing ap!!" Is coming from lmao
>>
Six posts into this thread and we're already arguing. Good job gulls
>>
>>8816447
It has a similar theme and was released very closely to it. Also, it's gorgeous compared to AP's.
>>
>>8816453
>Released closely together
That's a topic

Random but does anyone know if brands know the theme their competitors are coming out with?
I never thought of it before, but you aren't wrong. Lots of the time different brands have similar themes!
>>
>>8816459
Of course they do, but only after they notice that something is popular.

I would say AP is often a trendsetter. But its hard for me to say without like a chronological list of what brands released and when. (RIP hellolace)

AP just puts shit out there and goes full force with it, people like it and then they know what to fall back on. "Oh lets shoehorn in some crosses cause holy lantern did well, lets put in some horses because DDC did great. "

Of course other brands take notice, and they take those popular elements and try to bank in on it. I'd say out of all the brands, Meta is just always off in its own world doing what the fuck ever. Raschelle lace dresses, bright yellow kimono prints, gobelin prints as far as the eye can see.
>>
>>8816538
ugh I really wish I have been following brand releases. I'd love to make like a tumblr-timeline of releases. Unless there is already a tumblr out there by some special name. Did some googling but the only one I see hasn't been updated since 2014
>>
idk if this is the right thread but

its my bday soon and I found a dress I REALLY freaking want but i dont have enough for a ~real coord~ to go with it until i start my job in a couple months time but like....i kind of need normie clothes more? but i know if i dont get the dress now i wont see it again for a while/maybe ever..
what do i do gulls...
>>
>>8816648
Why do you need more normie clothes? Like for work or what?
>>
>>8816656

just for like..every day. i have enough clothes but theyre all kind of too big for me since i lost weight/ugly and stuff. at the same time tho i kind of just want a lolita wardrobe anyway so ??
>>
>>8816648
What's the dress? Certain things I haven't bought I've never seen again and regret a lot, but I am not as skinny as I used to be so they might not fit me now even if I had my dream dress from back then
>>
>>8816661
lolita over adult priorities. But really, you probably also don't really need the normie clothes unless you're freezing your ass off and only have a pair of shorts or something.
>>
>>8816648
You don't have to coord the dress the minute you get it, you can always buy the dress now before it dissapears, use the money you would have spent coording it on normie clothes and then when you've got the money together from your new job start putting a coord together
>>
>>8816673

>you probably also don't really need the normie clothes unless you're freezing your ass off and only have a pair of shorts or something.

If she's working in a job where she wants to advance her career, and it's not something artsy or particularly welcoming of alt fashion, she will need normie clothes.

Anon, I know sales are already gone, but I've gotten a good work wardrobe under $200 just by lurking sales. As annoying as they are, signing up for online stores like the limited (that one especially), Ann Taylor, and Loft will alert you to really good deals from time to time. Also aliexpress will have some great prices on blouses if you can't wait that long. I'd be careful with skirts and bottoms since they need to be somewhat well fitted for work, but you can get away with loose chiffon blouses.

Also look into axes femme/l'est rose/liz lisa, and other casual jfash brands for pieces that are both suitable for work and lolita.

Best of luck. I'd say you can afford the dress but you need to start thinking about collecting some pieces that you can use at work - about 7-10 days worth to start at first. You'll have no trouble amassing a ridiculous collection afterwards if you find an interesting piece that strikes you from time to time.
>>
>>8816648
If it's job related normie clothes then get that but if it's normal clothing for just out and about then get the dress
>>
>>8816369
So dumb
>>
>>8816692

Eh, I forgot the part where she said 'just for everyday.'

Looking like a normie in your free time is overrated anon. Lolita over looking like a basic bitch.
>>
>>8816551
>>8816538
If someone can make a timeline of releases, I'd love to see it. It'd be fun to see who was last to AP's chocolate fad from a while ago.
>>
>>8816661
as much as i love lolita clothes, i have a big normal wardrobe. sometimes i just like wearing jeans and a cute cardigan.
>>
>>8816667
its an oldschool btssb dress that ive never seen for sale!!
>>8816673
this is so true honestly, like this is what half of my brain was thinking but the other half was like 'wtf stop spending money on dumb dresses' lol
>>8816679
yeah, i mean i felt dumb about having to spend such a long time just to get ONE coord complete but its what would make me happiest in the end!
>>8816692
im signed up to a few email subs and stuff, so ill actually start opening them to see what deals i can get i think haha. i love liz lisa and axes femme i just find it hard to not buy the tacky hime style stuff rather than the toned down stuff hahaha

but seriously thank you omg just these few replies have made me feel a lot better about it. i think im gonna get the dress.......omg....
>>
>>8816694
>>8816347
Stop being so salty over IW's release.
>>
>>8816698
unfortunately i dont read a whole lot of japanese so figuring out how to find old releases is pretty hard. hello lace had a pretty good archive, but I'm not sure if they added them by date, or just by month released. I'd like to start one starting this year at least. AP is really good at having images of their releases + exact date they will be out. All the other sites seem to go by reserve date, rather than release date. Which makes it hard for me to figure out what day they actually release them in the timeline..

If I were to just start at 2016, what does the thread consider to be major brands/worth keeping tabs on?

AP, Baby (aatp) , Meta, IW, JetJ..

I would throw moitie in there but I want to categorize mainly print releases.
>>
>>8816347
>tfw I think it's really pretty
>>
>>8816723
How is it salty to call someone dumb for not being able to read? Or was that you?
>>
>>8816751
I think those usually are the ones that hop on trends the most.
Using chocolate as an example, some of the otome brands eventually were apart of that as well, since I think they should be documented too. JM, Leur Getter, and ETC I know had chocolate releases later. It'd be interesting to see how fast otome gets in on trends vs. the lolita brands.
>>
>>8816771
Yeah I'm just not familiar with otome brands as much. I do know that ETC released a whole bunch of bread prints recently, though... and who wouldn't love more bread lolita dresses.

Honestly if I'm going to do the timeline I just don't want to get the dates they are released wrong. Which I know I'm bound to do and people be dicks about it
>>
>>8816447
Wow. I meant the poster was embarrassing. They thought it was AP.
But damn, I guess no one here can read the flow of a thread properly because everyone always takes simple comments and blows them up.

Embarrassing.
>>
>>8816449
Right? I wish I didn't have to join a comm to have a legit lolita discussion.
This place is filled with vapid trollops.
>>
>>8816854
>They thought it was AP.

No they didn't. Don't complain about people reading when you can't
>>
>>8816855
>vapid trollops.
hold back on that thesaurus
>>
>>8816927
>used words not generally used
>they must have looked them up
>no way they just know them
>>
File: choker.jpg (11 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
choker.jpg
11 KB, 300x224
stop fucking arguing and shitting up lolita gen.

back to topic, can I get some good recommendations for bat accessories? there's a sea of stuff available so i figure it'd be good to get some advice here.

i know antique beast is open right now, so i'm getting some stuff there already. thanks anons!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453012796247.jpg (42 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453012796247.jpg
42 KB, 480x640
Yall can have your tacky over done star prints, I'm going to get this shit in every cut, each in a different colorway. In fact I hope people continue to ignore it so it will be easier to get ahold of when it gets released.
>>
>>8817024

>INNOCENT WORLD INNOCENT WORLD INNOCENT WORLD

I was with this print up until that point.
>>
How bad are ballet flats? Not crazy tall but there's a lot of Asians and other tiny girls in the comm I'm getting acquainted with.
>>
>>8817024
That's alright, but I'm tired of those picture frame type prints IW keeps doing, no one wants them
>>
>>8817024
Does it say "Faithfulness Modesty"? wut
>>
>>8817115
I'm laughing. This could go down as IW's engrish print.
>>
>>8817115

It seems to be a list of virtues rather than a phrase -- Love, Faithfulness and Modesty. Faithfulness fits in with the print being violets. I don't know about Modesty, though.

On a different topic, I don't know whether to facepalm or laugh at the girls who feel the need to post "hope you all hate this, I'm going to buy it!". It looks like a thinly veiled request for validation. If the thread already hates your dress, just be thankful and go buy it quickly before it sellls out to the Japanese/Chinese lolitas. You don't need to keep announcing to cgl that you love it so much you want other people to hate it when they're already ignoring it.
>>
>>8817138
Oh! That makes sense. Thank you anon.
>>
>>8816648
OT but for normie clothes I'd recommend consignment sites like swap.com and thredup.
I get most of my normie clothes through those, you can get new and like new stuff for cheap. with a referral code to thredup you get $20 to spend if you want one.
>>
>>8817024
You want people to ignore it so you posted it here?
>>
>>8817138
This. When I want an unpopular obscure unknown dress, I cringe if anyone post it anywhere because "people will know it exist and buy it before me", topkek.
>>
>>8817069
Please don't wear ballet flats, just get shoes with a tiny heel like tea parties.
>>
>>8817214
>>8817069
if you're going to a meet, don't wear ballet flats. i only wear them when i'm running errands or doing a lot of walking outdoors.
>>
Where should I look if I want to identify some older JetJ pieces? Lolibrary doesn't have all of them
>>
>>8817214
Different anon but what do you gulls usually wear for cons ? My previous experiences with heels were hell so I was trying to find loliable shoes with a very small or no heel but I don't find much things.
>>
>>8817299
Orthopedic shoe pads really help a lot. I had plenty of shoes that were difficult to wear for more than a couple of hours (even non heels). There was just no arch support. But after shoe pads, I can wear it the whole day with no pain.
>>
>>8817307
Thank you, I'll definitely give it a try!
>>
>>8817168

Right? There's time for gloating and posting your own photos after you've gotten your grabby hands on it. A surprising number of people who don't like the brand photos will turn around and love a dress after seeing owner pics and closeups.

Before, though? Just lay low and hope that nobody buys it/snipes your SS for it before you can make a move.
>>
>>8817322
the reson why I frist reserve a SS spot an then post a picture. You will be mine Melty Sky, mine.
>>
What if I want to make a lacebook account but I don't want to post lolita on my fb?
>>
So bummed out IW isn't making showstopping florals anymore.
>>
>>8816771
I actually feel that some lolita brands were heavily inspired by prior ETC releases. There was an ETC dress that looked pretty similar to Little Bear's Café, one that had pancakes and bear-shaped honey before Honey Cake and I feel like otome brands started cutlery prints.

But I agree, for a few years now AP seems to be the trendsetting brand.
>>
>>8817434
To make myself clear, lolita brands being inspired by otome brands is something I noticed quite a few years ago...I don't think it's still valid now.
>>
>>8816869
>Also how is this AP at all?
Then they go on about IW but it still gave the impression they didn't know it was really IW.

>>8816369
Even corrects them on it as well
>>
>>8817504
They probably meant
>Also how is this [similar to] AP at all?
>>
>>8817434
What is this ETC release you speak of? I might need it.
>>
Has anyone heard back from Lace Book after they sent an email request for an invite? I sent mine about a week ago and still haven't heard anything, so I'm beginning to worry.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (65 KB, 935x540) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
65 KB, 935x540
What is this dress called?
>>
>>8817573
I don't know but it's beautiful, if that's yours I'm a little jealous
>sage for non contribute
>>
>>8817545
Nope, haven't heard a thing. Don't even want to bother with it now after hearing how the mods are.
>>
>>8817573
>>8817576
it's the lily lane jsk set. comes in sax, red, pink, and black- I love this series, pink is actually the last colourway I am missing!
>>
>>8817545
Yes, one day after. Check your spam folder maybe?
>>
>>8817645
I've checked everything, there's nothing. Welp.
>>
>>8817656
Hm, have you tried requesting another invitation?
>>
>>8817299
Low heels, or shoes that look high but with the platform actually only have a low heel, or no heel. Boots that have only a tiny heel. The only truly flat shoe I wear are RHS, nothing I own is sweet enough for tea parties.
>>
>>8817545
I got nothing, bummed because a bunch of people I know are in it but have already given out invites.
>>
>>8817539
ETC is Emily Temple Cute.
>>
>>8817967
She's not asking that, she wants to know the name of the print/serie of that release from ETC.
>>
>>8817633
What's wrong with the mods?
>>
File: _20160117_164143.jpg (56 KB, 1049x975) Image search: [Google]
_20160117_164143.jpg
56 KB, 1049x975
What's the cheapest source of pic related in the US? I was shocked to see them for over 10$ on amazon, eBay, and etsy. Does anyone have some left over from a bulk order? Would it look alright with an Alice coord or does someone have a better idea and source for a necklace
>>
>>8816929
point is that you're trying to sound cool and edgy by using ~unique words~. just say stupid whores, it's just fine.
>>
>>8817298
Post a picture of your item here, maybe some gulls recognize it?
Or ask for help on lolibrary. They have a forum dedicated to requests like yours.
>>
>>8816951
I would actually recommend you steer clear of AB for a while. As much as it saddens me to say it.

Their quality has been really hit or miss the last six months or so. I know several different people who have all gotten pretty shoddy pieces in that time frame. Lots of crooked stitching, and a marked decrease in fabric quality on simple accessories especially.
>>
>>8818306
ouch, i had no idea their quality has gone down.. i haven't seen any news on that. can you point me to the right direction for some reviews/info?
>>
>>8817545
I sent my request and did everything they asked and no invite yet after one week. I asked them what happens to our information once they accept or reject a person but no answer even after they have seen the message. Makes me worry since the information of our social media accounts and legal names attached can be used to put someone if someone inside gets to see that information.
>>
>>8818217
>unique words
You gotta be shitting me.
>>
>>8818306
Oh, really? That sucks. I ordered a bat headdress from them, received it a month ago, and had no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>8817545
Nope... sent my email in weeks ago too.
A bit discouraging. I'm trying to get into the community, lone lolita out here.
But whatever lost my trian of thought
>>
>>8818306
Can I ask which pieces your saw people get? I mostly use AB for accessories like a lot of people.
>>
Okay gulls I have a dilemma
I have money that I want to spend. My dream dress just came up at a decent but expensive price, and it's not too common, though it is a fairly new release. However it's my least favourite colourway, it's pink and I desperately want the navy version, but I could see if anyone wants to trade, I guess, though I know that's a long process which might not result in me getting my preferred colour anyway.

OR I could use the money for what I was going to do anyway, buy a couple of cheaper dresses that I like, but aren't dream dress tier because I desperately need to fill my wardrobe out & have daily pieces. I can only do one of these things and I honestly can't decide.
>>
>>8818433
Don't buy it in your least favourite colourway, spend it on fleshing out your wardrobe or save it til something better comes up. If this is the pink special set I was thinking of, it's pretty hideous anyway (although not as hideous as the yellow).
>>
>>8818433
Don't settle for a dream dress in a lesser color. You'll always feel unsatisfied.
>>
>>8817983
they are controlling content (deletions, reposts) and demanding a lot of personal info from anyone without an invite
>>
>>8817905
what's the limit on giving invites?
>>
You know what's weird? In the heyday of OTT sweet, I liked stuff that was sweet/classic, kind of like the less ott sweet/classic chiffon stuff we have today, but now that's all popular, and AP are making dresses in cuts I love (think the long sleeved OPs they've been putting out recently), I really want them to go back to OTT 2012 sweet. I don't know why! I don't think it's me being a hipster and saying 'I liked it first' because I'm not that sort of person, but I've stopped liking the stuff I used to like in favour of stuff I used to hate. I also used to think old school was frumpy and ugly, now I love that too! I don't understand...
>>
>>8817532
Exactly. How autistic are some people here? The reactions to the Oz story gives me no hope whatsoever.
>>
>>8818463
IDK, man. Tastes change. I think when something's no longer on-trend, you only remember the good coords - I miss stellar OTT sweet and stellar oldschool, but forget about all the mediocre and ita shit that was around at the same time. When you get oversaturated with something you get bored of it.

When I started out I only liked gothic and blackxwhite gothic oldschool, thought other oldschool was ugly and frumpy, thought classic that wasn't in jewel tones was boring, and hated all sweet. Then I started treating toned-down classic and OTT sweet as "It's cute, but not on me" material, and now I want to have tried every style at least once. I'm even starting to like ugly-ass oldschool gobelin prints. What I wear hasn't changed that much (I wear sweet-classic now, but still mostly stick to gothic and oldschool) but what I enjoy has changed a lot in five years.
>>
How many elements do you usually use in your coords? I was counting some from a coord I'm planning and I realize I only had ten elements, counting dress, blouse, shoes, socks, headwear, bag and accesories(but no petti nor bloomers). I guess my coords are pretty simple.
>>
Does anyone know if madame chocolat delivers overseas, to the USA?
>>
>>8818439
>>8818433

This. I got my dream dress in another color and I wasn't happy until I got one in my preferred colorway.
>>
>>8818433
pad your wardrobe. Don't try to fool yourself Anon
>>
>>8818970
It depends how you count it. Are accessories counted one by one or does 'accessories' cover the twenty odd bits and bobs you've got hanging off your coord? The trend for Ott has led many lolitas to feel their coords always have to be bursting with elements to be good but this simply isn't true, there's nothing wrong with simple coords
>>
>>8818970
I normally have main piece, blouse/bolero, socks, shoes, headwear (which may consist of up to three pieces), bag and maybe outerwear and jewellery. So if you're simple, I'm like a peasant. Though I already knew hat.
>>
First time participating in IW's winter sale... really hope I get the items I chose, all the horror stories about IW taking forever to invoice people and nothing being left has me worried.
>>
>>8818970
Honestly, it's nothing to do with the amount of "elements"/different things you wear; it's about the individual elements themselves. Say you wore Fleur Antoinette, a bonnet with roses all over it, an ornate and intricate rose choker with matching bracelet and ring, lace tights and OTT frilly shoes from irregular choice, that's seven elements but not exactly a simple outfit. If it's a plain skirt, blouse, cardigan, understated pendant necklace, bracelet, 2 small hair bow clips, solid colour knee socks, solid colour Mary Jane shoes, plain bag, that's ten elements but clearly a more simple outfit.

>>8818433
You know the answer.never settle for the wrong colour of your dream dress
>>
>>8818446
What exactly is the problem with that?
>>
>>8819202
I hope you get everything you wanted, anon! What did you order, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>8819177
I was counting accesories one by one, since I only wear a few
>>
>>8819175
>>8819060
>>8818439
>>8818437
>>8819214

Thanks guys, I'll be padding out my wardrobe, it's just I've never obtained one of my dream dresses before so that's why I had to ask. Also it's the elizabeth unicorn OP that I'm searching for, not british bear like I think you're referring to >>8818437
Thanks!
>>
>>8819448
Good choice. A dream dress in the wrong color feels like a completely different dress.
>>
does anyone find that AP seem to stick to one design for a long time when they release stuff?
I noticed that they used to put out normal waist jsks and mid-sleeve length OPs for a while (think dramatic rose with the plain chiffon bits)
then they went through a princess sleeve phase
and now they're doing long sleeved OPs and high waist jsks a lot.
I'm not saying that everything they release during those times has those cuts, but a lot of it does. Kind of like picasso and his periods.
>>
>>8819454

No, not really.

If you sit in on some AP releases, usually if there is a long-sleeved, high-waisted OP, those will be the ones that are the first to sell out. JSKs are more mixed whether they sell out, high waist or not.

You can see it even now, their webshop has a University OP with long sleeves and high waist that's sold out, and a University jsk with normal waist that is not. It carries over to the secondhand market, too, on Japanese auction sites the Misty Sky OPs tend to go for more than the jsks, iirc British Bear and Elisabeth had the same pattern.
>>
>>8819488
I wasn't talking about whether they sold well or not, but whether they are releasing a lot of the same/similar cut in many different prints at one time.
>>
>>8819502
That's probably to keep it simpler for production. As it is they're producing a really (skilled) labor intensive product, by reusing cuts/using similar ones they don't have to constantly be drafting new patterns/making new markers.
>>
>>8819502

Yes, the cut sells out all the time. That's exactly why they keep making it.

AP isn't Picasso. They want money and girls want high-waisted long-sleeved OPs. Why on earth would they stop making high-waisted long-sleeved OPs when the high-waisted long-sleeved OPs keeps bringing in the money. Do you think AP runs on a mountain of cut ears or something.
>>
>>8819448
Yeah no don't even get it in pink, that's ugly af in pink.
>>
Are there any Bodyline blouses that are decent quality? I look at them all the time for a cheaper option, but they just look like they are made out of bad material. Like a stiff, cheap cotton. Is it worth it to get a Bodyline blouse to save a couple bucks, or should I stick with the indie/Taobao ones I've been buying?
>>
>>8819553
What kind of blouses are you looking for?
Chiffon ones I think just go to Taobao.
I only have a BL cotton one which is good for old school. But then I was lucky and got a brand one for cheap, but the quality is still vastly better.
Are you not looking to buy second hand?
>>
>>8819565
I was looking at this one. >http://bodyline.jp/en/l382.html I specifically was looking for one with this kind of collar. The other one I was considering is this one by Infanta. >http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/infanta-swan-lake-puffy-long-sleeves-lolita-blouse-inf-270

I looked on LM for some second-hand but when I looked I didn't see any similar to this cut.
>>
I just got a lacebook invite from a friend, but I was wondering: When you sign up, is the "name" bit going to be your displayed name on LB? Will it be editable? Do I need to use my actual name?
Basically any help from someone who has already signed up would be a big help.
>>
>>8819599
I signed up with my own name but changed it immediately since it's visible as a username
>>
Does anyone known when the Innocent World Oddment packs are coming out?

I really want to try to score one for my birthday this year.
>>
File: CY_fHvyUMAAaKDf.jpg (94 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CY_fHvyUMAAaKDf.jpg
94 KB, 600x600
one of these things is not like the others
>>
>>8817024
>>8817035
LOVE FAITHFULNESS MODESTY
>>
>>8819631
Oops, I'm stupid. I forgot to indicate the Spring Oddment packs.
>>
>>8819631
>>8819671
Usually they are around late March - early April
>>
>>8819246
Thanks! I chose Theresia Rose in Cafe Au Lait, Logo Scalp Ribbon socks in beige/bordeaux, and the rose and ribbon cross socks in black

Got my fingers crossed... I even thought about getting a shopping service to buy them (so they could get the items right away) but didn't think the extra money would be worth it
>>
>>8819633
Why is 3F so fucking ugly and cheap looking? Left is a nice print but flimsy looking, and I've heard their dresses snag easily and ruin the print
>>
>>8819749
I've seen it in person and the fabric is thin and looks absolutely like shit. Their lace is badly cut too, I was so disappointed.
>>
>>8818970
>How many elements do you usually use in your coords?

Normally just a few since I'm a daily lolita, but for OTT meets I use the whole Periodic Table.
>>
>>8819553
L017 is good, own it and can vouch for that one as an oldschool blouse. I think l016 is okay too, and one of the more recent designs. Rest are like shit though.
>>
>>8819553
the majority of my blouses are bodyline and I'm quite pleased with them. Obviously as with all bodyline they aren't brand quality but they aren't cheaply made either.
>>
>>8819633
I really fucking hate that style of corset dress that they do. I think it's absolutely hideous and it looks weirdly huge on everyone. The dress next to it is also fucking disgusting and looks like ageplay sissy fetish shit which I don't understand at all. The first two dress look alright though I prefer the first one. Too bad their shit is terribly overpriced. Seems like their bonnets are the only things that are worth the money but I've never had one, just seen pictures/seen them on other people.

>>8819749
rainedragon made a review on EGL of a skirt she bought from them and the inside construction was just a trainwreck, I went and dug up the link
http://egl.livejournal.com/19717247.html

anyways I don't really understand why people like 3F struff beyond their bonnets...to me most of their stuff just looks so hideous and busy and poorly designed so I find it hard to imagine people genuinely like some of the things they put out (like the corset/skirt things)
>>
>>8819553
L076 is good. I can take some photos if you like
>>
Once again, I have asked Lace Book mods to give me an answer on what happens to the information given to them and what do they do with it once they reject or accept a person and no answer. Now I want to call them out since they have seen my message twice and are ignoring something that is very concerning.
>>
>>8820203
caps?
>>
>>8820049
>>8820066
>>8820136
Thanks anons! And yeah, if you had some irl pictures to share it would definitely be helpful!
>>
>>8820203
If you're that worried, just don't join or get friends to invite you. As far as I know, invites are unlimited so if anyone is telling you that they ran out of invites... :^)
>>
>>8819633
what's the name of the first print?
>>
>>8820453
I want to give them until tomorrow and see if they answer my question since I already gave them my application to join but no answer as of now. They should write back to a person and tell them if they are able to join or rejected. It would help out a lot for people who never hears back and waiting for a responds.

>>8820483
I thought invites were limited to an certain amount per person. Can anyone in LB confirm this?
>>
File: patiseuhfsu.jpg (30 KB, 280x373) Image search: [Google]
patiseuhfsu.jpg
30 KB, 280x373
does anyone know if the weird waist thingie is detachable on metas patissiere dream jsk??
>>
>>8820546
Wow. Never seen that cut before lmao
>>
>>8820522
Anon, they just got back to me today after about a week or slightly more, apologizing for the delay and letting me know I'd been accepted. I'm pretty sure they're probably just overwhelmed by the amount of emails they've received.
It looks like in order to invite people you need to connect your account to FB or twitter, though, which bothers me. One of the reasons I was excited for LB was that I'd finally have a place for lolita away from other social media.
>>
>>8820546
I don't own it but I'm pretty sure it is. It looks like it's just tied around with ribbon in the front
>>
Does anyone know around how long I'm expected to wait for a petti from Bunny House?
I paid my invoice on January 3rd so it's been just over 2 weeks.
She hasn't given me a tracking number or anything, so I don't even know if it's shipped
>>
>>8820611
Everything from Bunny House is made to order and since during the holidays they got swamped with orders, they closed orders to catch up with them. You just need to wait a little bit longer and then you will get your petticoat!
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 798x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 798x1200
Does anyone know where either of the Lolitas in this picture got their headdresses?

Alternatively, if the made them, does anyone know how to go about doing that?
>>
>>8820631
They made them. Go buy a bunch of flowers and glue them together, you fucking retard, there's not much else to it
>>
>>8820639
As someone who makes stuff like this you can't just fucking glue them together. You have to sew them to a base which is what I'm sure anon was asking. Holy shit you sure are a cunt for something you so obviously know nothing about.
>>
>>8820639
damn who pissed in your cereal anon?

>>8820611
everything is made to order and it definitely takes about 3 weeks for them to make your order. I ordered a blouse from them on dec 27th and I just got a shipping notification this morning (jan 18). I ordered from them once before and it was also about 2.5-3 weeks. that's just the make time - I think the shipping time may have been an additional 2 weeks as well.

she will definitely email you once your order has shipped, but if you are concerned or want to know an update on your order definitely shoot them an email as they are responsive - for this current order that shipped they emailed me for some additional measurements I missed. but yeah IDK why they don't at least send a confirmation or something because these 2 times i've ordered I never got anything until they sent me the tracking number or when they asked for additional measurements.
>>
>>8817069
I wouldn't wear them as a regular piece of your coord - only as backup shoes in case your feet are sore or you're doing a lot of walking and need more comfortable shoes.

alternatively if everyone in your comm wears them and you really want to that badly then hey go for it but be weary of posting pics online since if cgl sees them they'll definitely rip them right off your feet.

if you just want a flat shoe there's plenty of flat or wide, low-heeled shoes that have that elegant/cute look to them that are far more suited to lolita if you take a look around
>>
>>8820631
I make my floral headresses with florists wire. If I want something big and showy like in the pitcture I tend to start from scratch and make a full wire base but for simpler headdresses I tend to just buy cheap ass headhands and wire flowers around them. If you feel uncomfortable figuring things out on your own there are plenty of tutorials floating around the internet.
>>
>>8820639
God, you're stupid.
>>
>>8820624
>>8820660
Thanks, anons! I wasn't worried, just curious since I didn't get a shipping update
>>
>>8820546

Here you go

http://lolibrary.org/apparel/patisserie-dream-shirring-pinafore-jsk
>>
>>8819687
Thank you!

>>8820033
kekking forever
>>
File: 141913-s-03-dl.jpg (20 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
141913-s-03-dl.jpg
20 KB, 250x333
Just bought pictured for my last $60 on sale in Shinjuku's shop. I needed a new bag badly, and would have preferred the playing cards one but it was only in brown and wouldn't match much in my wardrobe.

Its much bigger and sturdier than I expected and I really like it. The lighting in the pic is bad but its very cute and something I can carry around in normie mode.

Hory shitto that winter sale is the best I have seen in a long while from IW. If I had the money I would have bought another full coord. Even the cramped shop was packed full of most things being offered online at 50% off.
>>
>>8820667
Why are ballet flats not allowed for lolita?
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 300x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 300x388
>>8820982
No matter how casual your coord is, slip-ons will always look lazy and out of place compared to the rest. However other kinds of flats are ok.
>pic related, sorry it's minono
>>
>>8820982
It's not that they're not allowed, they just don't look very good. Heels (even very low ones) look a lot better.
>>
>>8820982
they are way too plain, it's like wearing a tiny bow on your head or a polo-shirt under a JSK or nude tights. It would look stupid with a lolita dress, because even casual JSKs are pretty dressy.
>>
File: ballet.jpg (127 KB, 720x1277) Image search: [Google]
ballet.jpg
127 KB, 720x1277
>>8821002
For example these two, their feet look so tiny and the dresses are way too much for these boring shoes (I know there are many other things wrong with this).
>>
>>8820994
My ex-friend used to dress to 9 in brand but would always wear fucking flats. ALWAYS. It pissed me off so much because she was already short and her gate was not flattering without heels or pumps.

I must have told her a million times how much better real shoes would look, but without fail she always went for flats for comfort reasons.
>>
Is there an easy way to identify replicas? I'm considering buying a Misty Sky JSK but I want to make sure it's not a replica. The print looks crisp, and I asked for pictures of the logo and care label and they look legit and not hastily sewed on. I think it's real based on that but is there still a chance it's a really well made fake?

I've never bought a dress that had a replica before so I'm pretty clueless about sniffing them out.
>>
>>8821013
>gate
>gait
anon pls
>>
>>8821025
Maybe her iron gate wasn't flattering in flats?
>>
File: Rose scallop bag.jpg (26 KB, 399x463) Image search: [Google]
Rose scallop bag.jpg
26 KB, 399x463
Has anyone gotten a invoice for the IW flash sale that was on the 9.1? I ordered the bag in the picture plus a headbow that wasn't on sale and no word yet (nothing in the scam folder either.)
>Stayed up for the last sale as well
>Still showed as being in stock
>Still have hope.

>>8820081
Sometimes they have prints I really like but the dress cuts always look bad, so when I see a print I really like (and one that goes with my wardrobe.) I buy the printed tights. They're hard to find second hand sometimes but it's possible (Even had one pop up on CC.)
>>
>>8821029
IW is notoriously lax when it comes to dealing with heavy order traffic during sales. And for a Japanese company they are surprisingly unapologetic. All they told me was that there was a holiday and they only had a few staff.

I ordered hundreds of dollars worth a few years ago during another big sale and it literally took over a MONTH for them to ship. I got my invoice on the 19th and even though I was keeping in email contact with them it didn't ship out till the 21st of the next month.

I have ordered before without a sale and it processed fairly quickly for a few items, but yeah you could be looking at days to get your invoice and weeks to get a shipping confirmation.
>>
>>8821029
>9.1
As in 9-10 days ago? That sounds strange, you really should double check your email and failing that contact support. Do you have paypal verification that shows it went through?
>>
>>8821039
I meant 9.1 as in the sale the went up on the 9th of January.
The way IW work with their orders is:
>Send in a form
>get Email that form was received and that they'll check their stock and invoice you once it's confirmed (got that part.)
>get invoice and actually pay for the order (Didn't get this yet.)

The sale is up permanently now and it still seems to be in stock so I guess they're just slow as usual.
http://innocent-w.jp/onlineshop/en/sale.html
>>
>>8821029
I just got my invoice for the items I ordered from the sale on the 14th less than 10 minutes ago
Only ordered accessories, maybe main pieces are taking longer
>>
>>8819528
Are you confusing Picasso with Van Gogh?
>>
>>8820982
They make your feet look flat and wide, are unflattering on your legs, create an unbalance with the rest of your outfit and 99% of the time look flimsy and cheap. Flats in general are fine but only if they have some structure to them and don't look like a scrap of fabric glued onto a cardboard sole.
>>
>>8821015
If it has care and logo tags, you're fine. For future reference, the newer, closer replicas have little things that give them away. Misty Sky, for example, used dot lace along the bottom that seems thinner than the original (maybe hard to tell in photos) and the two bows at the straps are pretty sad looking on the replica.
Another one, Cream Cookie Collection, seems to cut the bottom line of ribbon from the print off on the JSK, whereas authentic ones all have it.
It all comes down to spotting those sorts of differences.
Replica makers generally don't put in care tags or the AP tag, though, so I really wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>8821015
If anything, paypal refunds payment for counterfeit goods sold as the real deal.
>>
>>8821013
>>8821002
>tfw i totally do lazy flats and a small bow during my non-meet/event days
forgive me father for i have sinned...

but honestly, my 20min walk to work is crazy windy sometimes- i always opt for a barette or nothing these days. how do you gulls even deal with severe wind/rain? i change into cute shoes at work, but i'm sure the judgement happens.
>>
>>8821219
Ballet flats aren't even that comfortable and are horrible for your feet, though. On my casual days, I go for oxfords with a slight heel (or even just a good sole) or boots, for my more otome days. I really see no good reason or excuse for flats, though, in lolita or out.

Also, if you're toned down/not wearing a huge petti and a bunch of accessories, a simple bow is fine. I usually wear clips or a low headband/bow on days like that.
>>
>>8821219
>severe wind/rain/snow
If I actually have to dress practical I will wear docs.
>>
>>8821103
What if you buy the kind that are actually meant for ballet tho? Those aren't cheap at all from what I remember.
>>
>>8821005
Ohhh. Those things. I forgot those existed, sorry.
I was meaning the other kind, that are actually for ballet and not when you're giving your toes a break hahah.
>>
hey guys... sorry if this is a dumb question but i was not too sure where else to ask
i am very new to lolita and still very bad at coordinating outfits. is it in poor tastes to copy someone elses coords? i don't plan on sharing pictures of it anywhere, just for myself because i like the way the person styled their coord, but would that be considered wrong?
sorry for my english!
>>
>>8821392
Well they aren't cheap running at over a hundred for good brands but pointe shoes are also uncomfortable as fuck to wear after a few hours, even when broken in so I don't know why you would do that.
>>
>>8821029
>Posts on CGL
>Gets the invoice within the hour

Now if only complaining about shipping times on CGL would make items arrive faster...
>>
>>8821401
It's fine, especially if you're not posting about it, because no one will ever know.
I would say that you should try incorporating new elements/trying out other things, though, in order to get better at coordinating yourself. For example, try swapping out the blouse or accessorizing it a different way.
>>
Has anyone had any issues with Boz lately? My SS reserved an item for me just before xmas which was due in mid-Jan. Said item's now arrived at the Nagoya store, but not at their head office shop ro Osaka shop, and the reservation listing's vanished from the webshop. The heck?
>>
>>8821222
That is what inserts are for. I have a pair that I use for pretty much every shoe ever.
I usually wear my flats to commute in and change into my nicer lolita shoes when I get there.
If its a meet with a lot of walking I change out of my heels because I'm a klutz and I would inevitably scuff them.
>>
>>8821447
Why not just buy regular shoes with support built in? I'm saying that the argument that a lot of shitty itas use "flats are the only comfortable thing I can wear!!! I have feet problems!!" is bs, because flats are right up there with flip flops and poorly constructed heels when it comes to being bad for your feet.
>>
>>8820982
Because cgl hates comfort and can't live with the fact that some lolitas have issues that prevent them wearing heels. Even small ones.
>>
>>8821222
Because no one ever had an injury or knee or ankle problems that keep them from wearing heels. Ever.
>>
>>8821464
There are other types of nice footwear without heels other than ballet flats. Wearing actual ballet shoes, especially pointes, just looks dumb, and they will just be shredded worn outdoors. Pointes are also potentially risky to wear unless trained.
>>
>>8821222
I said slight heel, e.g. heel like pic related. If you can't wear this kind of shit, maybe you shouldn't be walking. As someone who dealt with pretty severe leg, knee, and foot injuries due to playing sports year round in high school, I understand having injuries and issues. However, no doctor is going to tell you to wear flats, which offer absolutely no support, and even with inserts offer less support than most other styles of footwear.
>>
>>8821464
Man, are flats comfortable?? I have 1 pair of flats and always want to throw them away at the end of the day. I've got a pair of loafers with a half inch heel which are incredibly comfortable and they make my legs look far better.
>>
>>8821489
No doctor is going to tell you to wear heels either.
>>
>>8821502
I guess you wore heels too much and now your legs are damaged.
>>
>>8821529
Has anyone said "heels" in the sense of high heels? No. Most shoes have at least a slight heel.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 450x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 450x271
>>8821529
>>8821532
This is an orthopaedic shoe. See how it's taller in the back? That's a heel. Most shoes with any amount of support will have a heel. Absolutely flat shoes aren't appropriate for most people. If you need them, that's fine. Doesn't make them less ugly. A flat maryjane or nice boots would probably look better.
>>
>>8821502
I have flat feet and bad knees, so flats are a huge no-no for me. They offer no support, which results in feet cramps at the end of the day. Not comfortable at all. Shoes with structure in which I can insert my orthopaedic soles are the best.
>>
>>8821529
Actually a ~1 inch heel is ideal for your feet, so yes, a doctor would definitely tell you to wear heels.
>>
>>8821392
>wearing pointe shoes as regular shoes
... Why would anyone do that?.
>>
How much was Rufflecon's VIP last year? 200 + another 50 for the tea party seems a bit steep, but I don't want to miss out by just buying the normal pass. Is it worth it?
>>
>>8818183
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201130109685
>>
>>8821603
Exactly. They wreck even dancers' feet due to the wooden block in the toes, never mind them being expensive and completely impractical.
>>
>>8821603
Beacuse they want to be a kawaii ballarina, anon.
>>
>>8821608
>>8821608
Wooden block? ? ? ? Hahahahahaha. You are so full of shit. It's layered canvas. Their feet get fucked up because humans are not meant to bear the weight of their entire body on the tips of their toes.

https://youtu.be/fzB1yY2397E
>>
>>8821489
W2c? Google image said Ali, but I can't find that style there(link didn't work)
>>
>>8821609
I think they mean those ugly ass danskin and Bloch flats/ jazz shoes or whatever
>>
Did anyone make any purchases on IW's flash sale yesterday, or have purchased from flash sales before? Just curious how long it will take to get an invoice. I really want to know if I actually got in on time to get Clock Rabbit so I can purchase accessories!
>>
>>8821392
if you're talking about the soft leather flats than no??? those will look even worse than flats the casual shoe because they're almost like leather socks wrapped around your feet. it'll look really fucking dumb and they aren't meant to be worn as regular shoes and they won't look cute or elegant enough to be lolita footwear.

if you're talking about pointe shoes that's an even worse idea and as a dancer I fucking hate people who aren't trained dancers wearing them desu. and if you are a dancer you should know better. pointe shoes are expensive because they were made to do freaky French toe dancing in, not because they're high quality shoes to walk around in. also especially for someone who is untrained they are just going to be flat out uncomfortable and painful to walk around in until they are broken in which you aren't going to do just by walking around. the shoes are made of fabric and you're gonna tear them up when you walk around outside. granted, I only did pointe for about 6 years and I was only average at it, but walking around normally in them kinda hurt and was awkward (there's kind of a gait you have when walking around with them) and they really were made to be danced in with your foot constantly moving in and out of different positions. Maybe if you're a pro ballerina with lots of calluses and really broken in shoes they're less awkward feeling to walk in but pointe shoes are NOT made for casual wear in any shape or form.

there are brands that have made shoes that look like pointe shoes so if you want that look then buy those but for the love of God if you don't wanna look like a goddamn idiot don't wear any sort of ballet shoes with your coords. former and current dancers alike are gonna judge the fuck out of you.

sorry but I'm so protective over pointe shoes and this is also the most retarded thing I've heard all day because I'm not sure why you thought real ballet shoes would actually look good.
>>
>>8821623
I did ballet until was 18 and was always told it was a wood block, knowing what its actually made of doesn't make you better than people who actually danced in those shoes.
>>
>>8821635

THANK YOU!
>>
>>8821607
Thank you, anon!!!
>>
>>8821608
I'm >>8821635, it's a really common myth that they're made from wood but it's just layers and layers of fabric and glue - this is so that as you dance the shoe forms to the shape of your feet. the layers are quite hard and stiff though - I suppose the wood theory comes from how noisy they are when you prance around on stage.

but yeah the layers are super hard and yes dancers feet get fucked up but also because it's like that other anon said, humans aren't really meant to be doing this. for the time I did pointe a lot of us wore padding for our toes but more serious or professional ballerinas will wear nothing at all. building up calluses on the feet helps but a lot of the pros will have super gross bruised, etc feet because of the shoes

sage because OT and idk if anyone really cares lol
>>
>>8821636
I never said I was better, I just said you were full of shit. I'm surprised that anyone who actually did ballet would further misconceptions about it.
>>
>>8821644
We get taught to dance and how to break in shoes, not about the process of making. I'm not the same anon either.
>>
>>8821636
>>8821643

I did ballet until I was 17 and always thought it was a wooden toebox too. I even thought the sole of the shoes were wood, didn't try very hard to break it in in case it broke and splintered. Things I learn.
>>
>>8821643

Thanks for the info. I'd always been told the blocks were wood, but I never really got into ballet. My sister used to be a figure skater, and had to do some ballet to aid in suppleness, which I went to watch occassionally. Skating boots are like pointe shoes, they wreck your feet because they have to be really tight-fitting and rock hard in order to give your feet the support for doing the big jumps.
>>
>>8821659
yeah the soles are actually super hard leather

I'm not sure why this is such a prevalent myth and in my short 6 years of pointe I often tried to figure out why. I think maybe it's because the shoes are so loud like I mentioned already, but I now I wonder if perhaps they used to be made out of wood back when it started??
>>
>>8821653
>>8821659
Well damn. It's not like I think you have to learn how to make the shoe, but I was curious about it and it took five minutes to get an answer instead of assuming.
>>
>>8821604
you can buy a regular pass and a tea ticket and then it's only like 130. the main stuff you get with vip with the new method is early access to marketplace, early seating for the fashion show and the tea if you have a ticket, and vip events. the vip events last year was stuff like kabedon photoshoot where everyone got a photo with triple fortune. if you really want early access to the marketplace to try and get a bonnet or anything else, like voodooodolly had a handful of really nice hats that sold out instantly, it's up to you if the extra money for vip is worth it. i don't know what was in the vip bags except i remember someone getting haenuli tights.
>>
>>8821663
>perhaps they used to be made out of wood back when it started??
bingo
>>
>>8821665

I have to be honest, I think I looked up the history at some point, and I know they were made of actual metal some long, long time ago. Probably missed the part where they crossed from wood to canvas somehow.

But honestly, how the shoes were made just doesn't matter as much as how to stay on them, how much they hurt, how to actually piroutte on them, how to walk en pointe from one side of the studio to the other, how you should never take them off unless you're a masochist and want to double your pain, how to plaster a fake smile on your face while dancing through the pain, that sort of thing. What the shoes were made of didn't seem all that important to how to dance well in them.
>>
>>8821666
>i don't know what was in the vip bags except i remember someone getting haenuli tights.
VanillaBear on YouTube had a good haul video that included everything in her VIP bag.

Other goodies that tempt me:

>Goodies from special guests, sponsors, and vendors
If this year is bigger than last year, it should be better than the 2015 bag.

>Exclusive main events, panels, and workshops for Deluxe members only
This depends on what those events are, if materials are included for the workshops, etc.

>Complimentary breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
I think this is $10/day otherwise. It was an all you can eat buffet and no one stopped you from walking out with fruit.

>10% off Consignment Room total purchase (only to be used once)
So, early access to Consignment, plus 10% off. This is the biggest tempter for me, but it's a gamble because who knows what will be there?

>Thursday night ice cream social prior to the celebrate the start of the annual membership conference
An extra, hopefully catered, event in addition to the tea party.

I'm waffling because these could potentially make up the difference in cost between the weekend and the new VIP pass, but only if the items and workshops are things I would like. Without any vendor, guest, or panelist info it's hard to decide.
>>
>>8821691
last year they didn't have much announced before tickets went on sale, and vip sold out really fast. it's possible that with the price hike they might not sell out so fast, but with any luck they might announce more guests ahead of ticket sales this year, rather than later

i know i heard someone saying they are revamping the consignment process so hopefully it won't be as disorganized as last year too, meaning your odds of getting something really good early on to use your 10% off may be better
>>
>>8821691
I really hope RC keeps getting better and better. I (hopefully) won't be able to go this year due to a new job I'm hoping to land, but I'd love to go next year or the year after.
>>
>>8821702
there's all sorts of interesting things on the site that weren't there last year but not much info on them yet

>Midnight Garden Pool Party
>Designer Contest
>Evening Soiree (i think that replaced the maskerade because i don't see it on the site anymore)

>>8821604
i found on the site, it says VIP was $150 last year, if you look at the "About" page on their site it has all the stats of 2014 and 2015
>>
File: emily.jpg (36 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
emily.jpg
36 KB, 300x400
Not sure where else to ask this, but does anyone know where I can find the English translation of Novala Takemoto's book "Emily"? I would buy it, but it was only released as an e-book, and has been unavailable for a while now. I believe the site that used to have it shut down. I've searched all over to see if anyone uploaded it somewhere, but no luck. I know this is a long shot, but would any seagull happen to have it?
>>
>>8821708
they are really revamping things. i am excited.
>>
>>8821691
>An extra, hopefully catered, event in addition to the tea party.

No, it's a replacement event. The deluxe pass doesn't include a tea party ticket, you only get that with the $400 Premiere pass (or if you buy a $50 tea party ticket separately).

You need to spend $250 to get the same value as last year's $150 VIP ticket. There are a few more perks this year, but I don't know if it's $100 better.
>>
>>8821711
Seconding this. I desperately want to read Emily.
>>
>>8821770
I agree about the increase in price. $100 is a lot of money, more than most cons cost me, so a $100 increase over last year better mean way more and way better perks.
>>
>>8816717
You'll feel better, I missed out on a dress like that and I regret it so much. Post pics if you do
>>
any tips for wearing lolita outside for the first time? i know this is like the most common question ever but im gonna be the only one in lolita and im freaking out slightly :/
>>
sorry if this is too OT.. but sometimes in sales posts / wardrobe posts i see people using character hangers (from an anime or game), where do people get these and how much should i expect to pay for one?

it's kinda cute seeing clothes paired this way, or maybe my weeb power level is showing.
>>
>>8821913
Do you mean for coping around normies? In which case we need to know what sort of place you're going to in what style of coord
Or do you mean like practical things, in which case we need to know whether you live somewhere hot or cold, and if you're taking public transport etc
We got your back homes, just give us some more info so we can help and never use emotes here again
>>
>>8821635
I was just asking. Wow.
>>
File: blog6.png (649 KB, 600x443) Image search: [Google]
blog6.png
649 KB, 600x443
>>8821913
>:/
First, don't use emoticons on 4chan.
Second, start with a dress/coord that you really like, and see if you can tone it down a bit. When you're actually out, listening to music can help keep you from getting anxious on the metro and stuff. I generally listen to things that are either very cute/peppy or 80s music, like Morrissey/The Smiths and The Cure- it helps me for some reason.
Prepare some basic answers for questions you get like "Why are you dressed up like that?" "Did you make that?" etc.
I generally avoid mentioning lolita or even the fact that it's a Japanese fashion. Short, simple answers are generally the best, and if people get shitty, don't be afraid to get curt. Ignore anyone who heckles you or is a weirdo.

I felt nervous the first couple of times I was out because my community is somewhat poor and very casual/weird about clothing. I get asked why I'm wearing nice normalfag clothing all the time, so I knew lolita would elicit a reaction. However, after realizing I look cute af and wearing it out a couple of times, I basically got over any anxiety I had.

How did Mila get her hair to stay up so well/high here?
>>
>>8821913
I only started wearing lolita last year and I'm still not confident enough to wear it alone. Here are some things I've done to kind of get used to it.

If you are travelling via public transport, try get another person to go with you. In the best case it could be another friend going to the event, or just ask your partner,or a good friend to drop you off.

If I am travelling by myself, I try to tone down my coord as much as I can to detract attention from myself. (ie. wearing less elaborate headbands / or putting them on close to the event)

Most reactions I've got from the public is pretty positive, but just try to ignore if anyone says anything rude. I try to ignore all looks from strangers by either chatting to friends, or if I am by myself just looking as far as I can forward. Pretent to walk like you have to be somewhere important, people will feel less likely to stop you.

If you are a person who is shy and just enjoys wearing pretty clothes it is really nerve wracking to be suddenly at the attention of strangers. Until you get used to it it really helps to stick with friends (in or out of lolita) as much as you can.
>>
>>8821951
I think you need to lurk more before you post on 4chan again. You don't seem to understand social etiquette around here.
If you know your friends aren't comfortable with you wearing lolita, then you probably shouldn't wear it; it's rude, imo. Have you talked to them about it? Maybe try doing that first.
Beyond that, if you don't have any sort of confidence and are worried that you'll be seen "as a loser" then you should probably try to work on building some confidence.
>>
>>8821951
What are you planning to wear besides the coat? Specifically, what substyle? Gothic and classic can be easily toned down but sweet is more of a challenge unless there's no print and it's in darker colors like black or navy.
Other than that, I suggest working on your attitude; if you step outside thinking you look like a loser/weirdo/clown it'll be obvious, it won't look good and it certainly won't make you feel good either.
How's the coord you have planned? Do the pieces look good with one another? How does it look on you when you wear it? Is it flattering? Disregard other people's opinions for a moment: When you're done getting dressed and look in the mirror, do you like what you see? Do you think you look cute? If it's a yes, then keep that in mind when you go outside in lolita. It might be easier said than done, especially if you're shy or suffer from anxiety, but "fake it till you make it" is a real thing that works and I suggest you try it.
>>
File: tumblr_o0tt25s9eU1rcsbleo2_1280.jpg (370 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0tt25s9eU1rcsbleo2_1280.jpg
370 KB, 1280x960
can anyone help me with the name of the dress on the right? came in my btssb's variety pack and I'm having trouble searching for the name
>>
>>8821958
>>8821973
thank you, i just got carried away with my rant ha. ill take all this into consideration. my friends wouldnt mind i dont think, i was just worrying more than anything. im working on my confidence slowly! i was hoping lolita would help me with it, but obviously i need to get used to going out in it before that happens. thanks again!
>>
>>8821711
I contacted the publishing/translation company over a year ago (maybe even two years ago) and they said they were working on it... If you want to bug them it's Shueisha English Addition. Why the f they don't put their catalog on Amazon or iTunes if they're looking for a new distributor is beyond me
>>
>>8821985
Salon de thé Minette, anon! it's so cute, i've always been tempted to get this one.
>>
>>8821988
It might help you learn dealing with people and growing a thicker skin as long as you don't shy away from it after one or two attempts to wear it outside. Good luck, anon!
>>
i just got up to the last step before buying on closet child but then i exited the page, and now the listing has gone. is that cause i almost brought it or is it just sold out?
>>
>>8822014
If you didn't complete your order, I think that means someone else bought it.
>>
>>8821998
yay, thank you!!
>>
>>8821929
Sorry for slightly OT, but who is this girl? Does she have a blog I could follow?
>>
>>8822035
Mila de Bois, her blog is deer-alice (dot) blogspot. She's a serious cutie, and her and Marie are two of my favorite lolitas.

Still want to know how to accomplish that hair, though. My high ponytails can never stay up.
>>
>>8821489
>no doctor is going to tell you to wear flats

Mine did, plus the osteopath and physiotherapist after a back injury. Lol
>>
>>8821392
If you're really insisting on ballet style shoes, Repetto does a model of ballerines with a small heel.
>>
>>8821996
Err Edition. Sorry
>>
>>8822014
apparently closet child are going to send me an invoice??? i guess i did buy it oh shit
>>
>>8821603
I don't get it either. They're not made to just walk around in.
>>
>>8821929
>First, don't use emoticons on 4chan.
I never understand this. Only autists care.
>>
>>8821711
>>8821805
>>8821996
What is this about? I haven't heard of it
>>
>>8821913
Fake it till you make it.
Odds are, you won't be 100% confident your first time out, but act like you are.
Eventually, it'll come naturally and you won't have to fake it anymore.

You look fucking kawaii, own that and ride on that attitude
>>
>>8822128
It's a part of 4chan culture that a lot of newbies don't know about, so I am fine with people pointing it out as part of a mostly constructive post. Obnoxious use of emotes can derail threads and really piss people off (understandably, imo), so it's better to let them know, at least.
>>
>>8820522
Invites are limited to three per person. I got a response after a day - maybe they were just backed up.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.