[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tall girl thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 15
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 301x167
Liking jfashion while being tall is difficult: discuss.

I recently got into lolita and purchased a jsk and op. I'm 5'9" but got medium sizes and I find the waist tends to sit too high, like an inch or more above my actual waist. Would sizing up help with this or would it mess up the overall fit of the dresses (like the bust and waist being too big even with waist ties...)?
How do you girls deal with your height?
>>
>>8815422
>singled out
lol for what being more genetically superior..?
>>
File: 1367461338919.jpg (122 KB, 531x800) Image search: [Google]
1367461338919.jpg
122 KB, 531x800
I'm 6ft tall and I have to be honest, jfash made me hate my height way more then I did before.

Before I wanted to get into lolita and otome I already had issues wearing dresses and they would be way to short or ill-fitting, but the realization that I could buy so many dresses and probably none of them would fit right really made me dislike my height.

It doesn't help my height is in my torso and not my legs, so any of those "oh anon but tall girls have such nice legs' don't work for me because if you saw a picture of me you'd think I'm a 5ft tall stump.
>>
>>8815794
>It doesn't help my height is in my torso and not my legs, so any of those "oh anon but tall girls have such nice legs' don't work for me because if you saw a picture of me you'd think I'm a 5ft tall stump

My sympathies anon. That must suck.
>>
>tfw 5'7"
>always tallest one in groups
>constantly say 'oh I'm not tall just 5'7"' if anyone asks
>"anon, 5'7" is sooooo tall!"
>wtf okay
>when discussing height some other time i mention 'oh I guess I'm sort of tall'
>"anon what the fuck you're not tall at all you're like average"

This shits obnoxious. People act like you have some mental disorder if you imply you're short/average but when you actually call yourself tall, the same people get their panties in a wad. Fuck this stupid height.

Also unrelated but it annoys the shit out of me when short girls complain about being short. Everyone loves it and they know it, but pretend like it's some valid hindrance in daily life to be cute. It's like when girls go 'augh I'm so petite I wish I wasn't so incredibly petite and the size that everyone loves :(' Yes I'm bitter.
>>
>>8816377
>everyone loves it and they know it, but pretend like it's some valid hindrance in daily life to be cute

Well it is a valid daily hindrance on a purely practical level. You try reaching high up shelves or holding onto the overhead rails on trains/buses or using the overhead baggage storage or cleaning windows/curtain rails/the tops of walls/hanging clothes in a wardrobe without a stool when you're short.

You picked your complaint kind of weirdly because if you'd said from an aesthetic standpoint I would have agreed. But daily life -is- the area where being short is a ball ache.
>>
Thought I'd post this.
1/2
>>
>>8816421
2/2
>>
>>8815794
Cath Kidston has longer bodices than Japanese stuff and is very otome friendly. Try for the more elusive drop waisted styles in lolita (or maybe just buy from Haenuli)
>>
>>8816428
Translation?
>>
Anyone else get hit on by shorter men?

I'm 5'7 and some guy who was 5'6 tried to hit on me and it was so creepy and awkward. How do you shoo away the little goblins?
>>
File: 1452988537462.jpg (388 KB, 400x3824) Image search: [Google]
1452988537462.jpg
388 KB, 400x3824
>>8816457
My Chinese is only beginner, but I tried! I'm really proud of myself for being able to translate it actually....
>>
is there anywhere that makes custom size blouses in cotton fabric? all the ones that i've seen are in chiffon. brand blouses always have such short sleeves...
>>
>>8816517
Anna House! I just got some long-sleeved blouses from them and the fabric is really nice and soft. I don't like chiffon blouses either.
>>
>>8816513
Omg, another anon who is learning Chinese? I need a study buddy! Pls email me.
>>
>>8816377
I know this feel. I'm 5"7.5 and people always call me super tall, but as soon as i say i'm tall i'm just called average. It's a really weird in-between height.
>>
>>8816377
Being short is inconvenient af. You can't reach anything and public transit is especially annoying. Don't talk to me about cabinets/storage in houses/apartments.

I understand your salt about people complaining about being petite as in skinny though. That shit ain't cute.
>>
>>8816596
Same. I'm just brushing 5'7, and it seems like 5'6/5'7 are just tall enough that a lot of stuff is too short, but the stuff made for actual tall people is way too fucking long. 5'7 is inching closer to tall, but 5'6 is smack dab in the middle.
>>
>only 5'7" but have long torso and long legs
>buy cute Jfash off Taobao that'll fit my bust and hips
>completely forget to check measurements for length
>all my cute new shirts barely reach my belts
>can't lift arms without 2-3 inch gap of skin
>all my cute new skirts are so far up my thighs it's awkward to wear them out

And recently

>buy new boots off AliExpress
>heels on them don't look that tall
>put boots on and wear them out with family
>suddenly taller than my stepfather who's 6'1"
>feel like a damn giraffe
>haven't worn them a second time

I still have skirts and shirts sitting in my closet I can't wear but don't know what to do with. Seems odd to donate shirts with engrish and typical Harajuku prints.

>mfw the one shirt I can keep was marketed as a knee-length shirt and it's a few inches higher than that on me
>>
>>8816377
I can sympathize, anon. I live in an area of the US with a really high Asian/ Indian population (I'm white). When I'm around my friends they call me, at 5'6", super tall or a giant. When I'm with my relatives I get called a shrimp.
>>
>>8816606
>long torso and long legs
I don't meant to pick on you anon, and I know this is OT, but what do you mean by this exactly? I've seen multiple people on the internet say they have long torsos and legs, but wouldn't that just mean everything is proportionate? For one to be long, it would have to mean that you're comparing it to something else (which on your body is generally your torso).

>sage for autism
>>
>>8816402
to be honest being tall isn't so great either daily wise, you stand out like a sore thumb everywhere and some things that are low are hard to reach and make you look like an idiot when you do.
>>
>>8816377
>ugh I'm so skinny/petite finding my size is difficult lol fatties shitting everything up

God I see it way too much. Like we all know everyone desires to be that skinny and petite, at least on here. They all act like it's the end of the world when an aunt one time told them that they should gain some weight or something.
>>
>>8816611
There arms might be proportionately not balanced with the torso and legs. It might be easier to say thy have T-rex arms.
>>
>>8816615
I'm 5'10" and I couldn't care about looking awkward or sticking out because I love my height. The only things that suck that come with being tall is the fact that everything's made for people that are 5'5", so chairs are always too low, I'm always hunched over at the computers and desks, there isn't always enough leg room under tables, etc. Both ends of the spectrum just have to deal with the fact that we're living in a world that isn't made for us and adjust.
>>
>>8816377
Being short fucking sucks anon. The only people who 'love it' are huge creepers and other below average height people who feel superior next to you (by of course pointing out your obvious inferiority because of your size). Be grateful to be normal sized anon. I would kill to be be your height.
>>
File: Rachel_Bilson-long-torso.jpg (104 KB, 745x1600) Image search: [Google]
Rachel_Bilson-long-torso.jpg
104 KB, 745x1600
>>8816611
It's totally okay to ask! This is pretty much what I look like and I say long torso/long legs that I usually have to buy Unisex or Mens tshirts because Women shirts are too short on me and will ride up almost to my bellybutton when I stretch my arms above my head.

For the long legs part, it's pretty much because of my height if I wear shorts/skirts I'm suddenly all leg. I probably should have just said "because of my height" but I'm considered average in my family so I don't really seem tall, I just have long legs.
>>
>>8815422
are we a general now?
I'd love that
with maybe a collection of links to tall friendly clothes at each op
>>
>>8816632
I'm 5' 10" and love my height as well. Things fit perfectly for non-J fashion clothes.
>>
>>8816665
That just looks like a long torso to me, anon. Although she obviously looks good so don't worry about it if that's what you look like.
>>
>>8816671
yessss I want tall girl general. these threads are like home.

I'm not sure how much tall friendly jfash can be linked but maybe there can be tips like underskirts and and extra wrist cuffs for lolitas.
>>
>>8815794
I feel that pain way too much :_;
>>
>>8817163
>>8816671
Please for the love of god make this a thing, I need to find cute clothes that actually fit me
>>
>>8815422
are any of you tall girls actually in the lolita scene? All I can do is brows these threads and get super sad...

If so how do you find dresses that fit?
>>
>>8815422
Well, most lolita brands make things in only one size. But, some will release long lengths (ie IW, Meta, Baby does longer dresses lately). If you're an AP fan, get whichever from the release is not highwaisted/baby doll - but be aware that a "regular" cut bodice will probably turn highwaisted on you. An in-store SS or friend in Japan can check the length. Also, for jsk that have straps that button in the back, you can usually move the button to get an extra inch or so
>>
I'm 162cm and many of my favourite dresses are too long for me. Mainly JetJ and sometimes JM. I know they are supposed to be a bit long but it looks really bad and makes my legs look way shorter.
>>
>>8817308
185 reporting in....
at least I need less rope to hang myself
>>
File: 12334556890765.gif (955 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
12334556890765.gif
955 KB, 300x162
>>8816309
It really does, I'm just some out of place giant and other then standing directly beside me the only indication of me being tall is my head/body ratio which makes me look even less cute and pretty.

>>8816439
Thanks for the tips anon! It can get very discouraging seeing all these girls fit into the prettiest OPs and then realizing they'll never fit the same on you.

>>8817245
It's okay anon, you're not alone!
>>
>>8817308
You attention whores aren't going away, are you.
>>
>>8817296
The dresses I've got are on the longer side though not officially long length, but they aren't the type to have anything adjustable.
Would most strap jsks have buttons like that? also whenever I see AP on tall girls it looks like a teeny baby doll regardless if cut so I'm a bit apprehensive about getting anything from them.
>>
I'm 5'10" and I have a lot of AP. Just make sure the pieces have adjustable straps and you'll be fine.
>>
>>8818026
I'm an inch taller than you, do the dresses not become empire waists on you? My dream dress is the cinema doll jsk, and I'm worried the bust will ride up.
>Also looking to buy elizabeth unicorn OP.
>Long arms = sleeves will ride up
>Suspicious cut = probably will be a babydoll on me
>whyevenlive.jpg
>>
>>8818026
I agree with this, I'm 5'9".
Another: boobs take up more of the length than you think. Even if you're already pretty skinny, wearing a sports bra might help the bodice reach your natural waist.

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but if you're tall and you're wearing a dress that's too small for you (natural waist goes babydoll is a bad sign) you probably look like a sissy or pregnant woman. If the dress is sitting right under or almost right under your boobs, wear an a-line petti to keep is slim-ish at the top, and then poofy towards the bottom. Even if it's a bell shaped dress. But a lot of the time, it doesn't look like a cute babydoll cut, it just looks awkward and ill-fitting.

I had to let go of my first obtained dream dress, which was an OP. But I got the jsk version and it fits like a dream now, so keep your heads up, gulls.
>>
>>8816544
I'll look into it, thanks anon!!!!
>>
>>8818026
I don't have cinema doll but I have others in a similar cut. They don't come off as empire waist. I'd say they are pretty flattering. The waist isn't super dropped due to being long.
>>
I'm 6' and even AP with adjustable straps hate me. Meta's adjustable straps work wonders, there's a girl in my comm who's 6'2" and they work great on her (and me!)
their plus sized section fits my broad shoulders as well.
>>
>>8817257
Innocent World tall or tea length dresses anon.

I'm 5'8" and there long length dresses reach just past my knees.
>>
I have a hard time understanding how this works. /cgl/ is very brand conscious and tall girls are having problems because J-fashion is designed for smaller Japanese girls. On the other hand this means you're talking about off the rack clothes, isn't custom couture the grail of fashion? I mean no matter what burando you buy you're still buying mail order, off the rack.
>>
>>8818921
... What? You're injecting some kind of normie conception of fashion elitism in here. Please leave.
>>
>>8818939

The problem with off the rack is that it fits no one well. The more generically it is sized to fit more people the worse it looks on anyone. It has nothing to do with elitism (although /cgl/ has the pegged anyway) and getting clothes that fit.
>>
>>8818921
/fa/, is that you?
>>
>>8818949
Lolitas don't go on about couture>ready-to-wear though. In fact a lot of people who like fashion in general don't because actual couture is tens of thousands of dollars. That sort of comment sounds like someone trying to stir shit that doesn't exist.
>>
>>8818954

Maybe if you're talking about brand name couture, but made to measure clothing exists on different levels. I can't say what it is like for lolita specifically but except for limited edition prints I don't see why you can't have something made.

Also the case in point are people who can't wear off the rack well because it isn't made for their proportions. The solution would then seem to be tailoring and made to measure.
>>
>>8818963
You're talking about hand made and reservations that accept measurements.

>Being this new

The problem is brands that do this are Taobao or indie and can be hit or miss with design. Lurk more.
>>
>>8818969

Then tailor the clothes and look for clothes that lend themselves to it. Look for seams that might have allowances to let it out a little. Find areas in the profile where you could add a band of ribbon or lace to conceal an extension. Play with proportions so a little shortness on length will look deliberate rather than ill-fitment.
>>
>>8818979
Did you even read the thread?

There's only so much you can do. Also a lot of lolis don't want to alter because it could affect resale value.
>>
>>8818879
well you are quite a bit shorter than me, but they'll sit just above my knee and that should be fine.

and I absolutely LOVE tea dresses... when I can get them. my current wardrobe is not very frilly right now ;_;
>>
File: 1452746907449.png (354 KB, 799x522) Image search: [Google]
1452746907449.png
354 KB, 799x522
>>8816512
I had a guy I was sitting with at a party be entirely disinterested in me until I stood up and he realized I'm 6ft. After that he followed after me asking me questions about my shoe size and if I liked being domineering.

The man had a serious tall girl fetish, and the fact that I was disgusted by him made him even more aroused. I shut you fucking not, I took off my shoes to go on a trampoline and I caught him with them.
>>
File: 1302887916135.jpg (241 KB, 825x721) Image search: [Google]
1302887916135.jpg
241 KB, 825x721
>>8815422
>tfw 5'10
t-that's okay I wanted to wear offbrand a-anyway
>>
>>8818879
>>8819033
Oh yeah, thank you so much :D
>>
>>8818998

Then lets see, you've shot down buying or making clothes, altering clothes and apparently the fitment is so bad that off the rack doesn't fit. From your point of view I guess I can see what there doesn't seem to be an answer.

On the other hand you can just deal with custom couture costing more and the loss of resale value if it means having clothes that fit. It is an obstacle but really all you can do is take control of things you can control and make it work.
>>
>>8819063
Thanks for coming in to give your opinion as if we don't already know. Trust me any suggestion you have has been rehashed time after time. This thread is for venting and for actual tall lolis to give advice on their experience.
>>
>>8819066

Well then I hope you find your silver bullet to the problem.
>>
I'm 5.9 and I love my height. I'm forever having people tell me that I can't wear heels etc though. Which is bullshit, I'll wear what I like thanks.
>>
>>8819083
Wtf are you even talking about. Why are you even here?
>>
>>8819066
>I HAVE PROBLEM
>There is no cheao or easy solution to your problem
>THAT'S NOT THE ANSWER I WANTED!!
Tough titties bitch. Try calling a suicide hotline next time you want to whine and not get any feedback.
>>
>>8819052
Jsk's have adjustable straps, just stay away from OPs
>>
>>8819115

I'm here to talk about cosplay and clothing. As for "silver bullet" it is a saying that refers to a single solution that fixes a problem. Over the course of this thread it's become evident that's what you're looking for along with commiseration.

Since it appears I can provide neither I am bowing out.
>>
>>8819121
>OPs
well there's my problem. ily anon <3
>>
177cm / 5'10" here, here's my experience with being tall

>always need to check my posture and make sure I don't slouch because most people are smaller than me.
this is the biggest annoyance imo

>be 15/16, unaware of anything because I matured slowly
>comparing weights with other girls
>always felt fat because I didn't realise my extra kg's came from my height

>all skirts are too short
>all dresses are too short

>sitting at bar
>guy asks me to dance with him
>stand up and apparently I'm a head taller than him
>awkard
>>
>>8819063
>>8819130
I think you're just misunderstanding some parts of lolita fashion culture. The core brands of the fashion, in particular those with sought-after prints, don't offer custom-made garments whereas indie and taobao brands do. The majority of lolitas follow (or worship) these core brands, consider them to be the 'most lolita' and good quality, and many will buy from indie/taobao brands (particularly non-main pieces like blouses and petticoats) it's rare for them to make up most of their wardrobe.

Most people here aren't taking your custom couture option seriously partially because of price, but partially because the fit and quality of a couture garment won't have what they perceive to be the prestige and exclusivity (strange, I know, but to them limited run off-the-rack is more exclusive than custom couture?) of something from a core Japanese brand. But mostly it's because of the design. Most lolitas love the brands for their unique designs, and prints in particular are difficult to replicate for a custom garment. And something custom-made might not have the same special feeling as something from a niche brand that you had to hire a japanese person to buy, or get into a bidding war for.

Alterations + resale value also relate to how a lot of lolitas feel like valuable dresses are somewhat public property that shouldn't be physically altered in any way.

To most of the lolitas outside of the standard 5'4 Japanese size M range, it's not that custom-made and alterations wouldn't provide the solution of well-fitted quality lolita garments, it's that these options are just not as widely accepted and used in their subculture, compared to buying something not their size and sucking it up.
>>
>>8816638
I feel this, I'm 5ft. Short girls only ever get called "cute" too. At least where I'm from anyway... Hardly ever pretty and never sexy. I think that's part of the reason I ended up in jfashion, if I have to be cute then I'm going to do it in a way that I like.
>>
>>8818950
doesn't /fa/ care about brands and designers just as much as /cgl/?
>>
>>8819153

I guess I can see parallels to classic car culture where due to rarity it is sacrilege to carve up vintage cars for modding instead of doing a factory restoration. On the other hand, it is rare for someone to be physically incapable of driving a car.

When someone physically can't fit in a small Japanese car they usually either modify the car seats or buy an American or European car in the style they want but they can actually drive comfortably.

At the end of the day a 6'3" 220lbs. American male will never be comfortable crammed into a Mazda Miata with the hardtop on.
>>
>>8819174

Probably a dig at their "custom couture is grail" comment. Personally I think this person is just clueless, they seem to think lolitas will settle for any generic "lolita costume" instead of wanting a particularly beautiful dress that is sadly only made in a smaller size.
>>
>>8819059
Your welcome, the longest length dress I have is 110cm and a few around 105cm. I hope you can find something to suit anon.

EGA might be another option I have a BPN skirt that hits me at my ankles.
>>
>173cm
I am constantly torn between being a bit too short to model but fucking massive for j fashion
>>
Damn, get these midgees the fuck out of the tall girl thread.
>>
>>8819930
exactly my feelings. and I'm thin enough to model and wear jfashion but have fucking massive feet that aren't appropriate anywhere.
>>
I'm a 5'11" lankmeister who's always just been on the fringe of the loli scene but wanted to be involved, doing photography and whatnot. A weird amount of my height is in my neck, too, which really doesn't help.

How about shoes, tall anons? I'm a size 11.5, almost everything looks like boats. Best shoe selection I've ever seen was in South Beach, due to all the drag shows.
>>
>>8820072
I have to order my shoes off taobao. Antaina will make custom shoes for you, just email them. They end up costing about $60 per pair with shipping.
>>
How about some tall lolita inspo?
>>
>>8819149
Slouching oh my god fucking slouching

>walking downtown with friends
>walk past a store with glass windows
>see Igor on stilts
>immediately straighten up
>feel like a pompous bitch, looking down on my tiny friends

slouching fucking sucks because you rarely notice it
Although whenever I wear a backpack for uni, I naturally straighten up
>>
Any chiffon underskirt recs? Besides IW, btssb, or little dipper?
>>
>>8820197
I got a cheap one off taobao that I like a lot. I can't find it anymore (of course). I will say I didn't care for Haenuli's underskirt. I got navy and it's a really weird color. Very denim colored and matches like nothing.
>>
>>8820197
I got one from Glitter Tale that I like a lot!
>>
5'7 is still average for females. 5'9 is when you start getting into "tall."
>>
>>8820406
what about 5'8"
>>
>>8820407
Glitch in the system.
>>
>>8820406
its 5'8 and up thats considered tall.
however, in jfashion, I consider 5'7" and up to be tall.
>>
>>8820129
oh I feel you, anon!
oh and feeling like a lumpish giant about to crush her tiny, graceful friends
>*stomp* *stomp* *stomp*
>>
>>8819149
>>8820129
I've recently started doing some exercises to see if it will correct my slouching and rounded shoulders. My posture makes me look so dorky!
>>
>>8820890
What kind of exercises??? I have such terrible posture pls
>>
>>8820890
I would want to know what excercises to do for posture as well, years of slouching to talk to everyone i know have ruined my posture.
>>
>>8820897
>>8822412
Not that anon but I had to do some physio for a back injury and the physio noted that I also had issues with tightness in my upper back from poor posture, so the exercises that I did were about externally rotating my shoulders and stretching out my chest/strengthening my upper back even though the muscles there were tight and locked (from being pulled tight through poor posture)
Unfortunately you can't just do exercises for posture, you basically just have to consciously straighten up and engage the right muscles when you can - it's helpful to think of a string pulling you up through your head and keeping chest out/shoulders back if your problem is in your upper back like mine.
I can't find good photos for all of them online, but the ones I do for maintenance of good posture are as follows
1. Chest/shoulder stretch - stand up, put your arms out to the side straight, thumbs up to ceiling/palms facing forward
- relax and lean back, try to think about keeping your chest open/pointing your boobs out and pulling your shoulder blades together

2. Spinal twist (found a picture) - you have to try and sit straight before you do this one

3 . Strength exercise
- lie on the ground on your front, bend your elbows and put your hands behind your head. Try and keep elbows out behind your head so that the shoulders are still externally rotated. Lift your head and shoulders off the ground slowly and hold for a couple of seconds then lower, try to keep it controlled rather than using momentum.

There were some more I used to do, but it's over a year since I injured myself so I only do these maintenance ones now
>>
>>8822826
u saved my life ty
>>
File: spinal twist.jpg (44 KB, 658x220) Image search: [Google]
spinal twist.jpg
44 KB, 658x220
>>8822826
>>8822851
derp, I just realised now that I fully dropped my pic.
>>
>>8822885
>she needs boxes under her feet to have 90 degree angle knees
haha, womanlets, amirite?
>>
People need to not be afraid to alter dresses, honestly, I'd probably pay more for an altered dress since holy crap it fits.
And what do you guys think about putting tall sales posts here?
Actual tall girl friendly stuff. Custom dresses, cosplay made for tall girls, so on...
>>
>>8822906
Lol yeah, but sadly the best pics I could find of how you're supposed to do it properly
>>
>tfw 6'1 giant
>size 11 shoe
>pants are always too short
>long sleeve shirts/coats are never long enough

I end up wearing mostly all black, skirts and sweaters and whatever I can find at thrift stores. There are a few good websites that cater to tall girls;

Long Tall Sally
Long Elegant Legs
Barefoot Tess

among others
>>
File: original[1].jpg (127 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
original[1].jpg
127 KB, 800x600
What do you guys think of ballet flats?
>>
File: her smile and optimism gone.png (700 KB, 595x600) Image search: [Google]
her smile and optimism gone.png
700 KB, 595x600
>>8825520
I find some cute until they're on my feet. I wear 12W and I don't find them flattering at all.
>>
>>8825520
Not for lolita. Also flat shoes make your feet look bigger vs heels which hides the length.
>>
>>8825582
I think they'd look very cute with lolita... and its not like lolita heels will ever fit me haha.
if it comes to it, I'll wear them with Jfashion. I'm too clumbsy to wear heels and fuck those pain bringing shoes anyway, not worth the cute.
>>
>>8815422
>find the waist tends to sit too high, like an inch or more above my actual waist.

that's way cuter though. Im 5'4" and while everyone tells me its the prefect height for jfash, i think the skirts being a little shorter and the waists being higher is cuter
>>
I'm 1,70m (5'6) and while I don't consider myself that tall, it seems that where I live women tend to be shorter so I'm kinda lost now that I've read all the comments. I'm quite slim and have a small waist but my shoulders are broad. Would I still fit in burando and general japanese sizes?
>>
>>8825809
I don't think it looks right with dresses that aren't intentionally high waisted. It makes me look awkwardly proportioned or thick when I'm not.

>>8825862
>I'm short any skinny will I fit lolita?
yes?

>>8825601
Instead of god awful flats try finding loliable shoes outside of tiny Asian sizes (modcloth for example has pretty good ones) and wear insoles if they're uncomfortable. If you're not good with heels wear low heels or shoes that aren't completely flat like oxfords.
>>
>>8825882
Maybe I'm short and slim according to USA or Eupeand standards, but I always have to size up tops because my shoulders won't fit or they are too short, same with skirts length. And thigh highs won't get past my knee. So I'm not really that sure burando will fit me
>>
>>8825862
No clue, measurements needed.
Most Japanese sizing is made to fit the average Japanese person, so like a small framed 5' 2" - 5' 3", bust 80-90, waist 60-70, hip 85-95 (this is based on size charts from Nissen, LL size can be as small as 70cm waist) and not broad shoulders/ribcage. Tall sizing there starts from 170cm and up and petite sizing there is for literal midgets, like <152cm. So sleeve length, pant length, and shoulder width may well be too small on you
>>
>5'8-9" de spending on how I stand.
>size 9/40 in shoes.
>develop a love for sweet Lolita
>AP stuff is my taste but nothing really grabs my attention.
>taobao indie brands however have my full attention.
>everything fits. I can get things made long enough for my arms.
>one AP dress gets my attention
>my these look short even for the Japanese
>suddenly wild special edition appears
>reviews:"it's too long for me D:"
>based AP remembers the Tallest.
>>
>>8825882
>I don't think it looks right with dresses that aren't intentionally high waisted. It makes me look awkwardly proportioned or thick when I'm not.
This. If the dress is obviously meant to reach your waist, it'll look like wherever it's sitting is your waist. Which is sometimes on top of the ribcage instead of under it, so instead of that cute cinched silhouette you get the fat hot dog waist look, even if you are slim. Fuck that.
>>8825899
Go on closet of frills and look at all those plus size girls squishing themselves into brand. You'll be fine. I also have broad shoulders, so I just know my own limitations, like I can't wear dresses like the round Promenade de Paris jsk and I just stay away from OPs to stay on the safe side. I'd suggest the same for you. Lolita is actually great for linebacker-chans because of the petticoat.
>>
>>8822626
>>8826836

welovecolors, some store envy stores sell tall girl tights, order plus sized tights as well- if you're tall instead the extra stretch helps
>>
OP here, just got a IW jsk with straps but uh, is it typical for these to just have one set of buttons? I was kind of expecting multiple so I could adjust it immediately but I guess I'll just sew some on myself.
>>
>>8828693
for my jsks with adjustable straps i just move the buttons down a little bit lower.
>>
>>8828693
Yeah, that's usually how they are. It's a really easy fix though.
>>
Pajamas.
I really want feetie pajamas
They're comfy.
The pairs that were gifted to me have tore in the crotch area
I have a regular pair of pajamas that tore in both the armpit and crotch area.
I don't know what the fuck I do in my sleep but does anyone know of places to get cute feet in pajamas or cute tall sized pajamas?
>>
Can anyone around 5'9" report on the fit of IW corset jsks or other underbust cuts? Do they sit too high on your chest?

>>8829702
Have you already thrown away the pair you were gifted that got torn? You could add a crotch gusset, it's a diamond-shaped piece of fabric that gets sewn in to give you more range of motion.
>>
Am I the only tall girl who doesn't hate being tall? Not a lolita, other Jfashionista, so I think that's a contributing factor, I don't have to worry about those dresses. I'm 5"9 so I guess still in normal hieght zone. I really like having long legs, used to get shit about it at school for being a lanky. Now all I get is compliments, so fuck you school.
>>
>>8829737
I'm six feet. I love my height just wish there were more clothes that fit and that strangers weren't weird about it
>>
>>8829744
I get that. For me the issue is with cute Asian fashion shoes which all stop at UK size 6 and I'm UK size 7 so that stings.
>>
>>8829737
Same height as you and I also love it! The average for women where I'm from seems to be about 5'4" so I'm usually called tall by most. It's annoying that a lot of Lolita doesn't fit me but no way would I want to be any shorter.
>>
>>8829730
I'm 5"9 and all IW jsk's are to high on my waist. I can get away with regular cuts though, but they are more like an empire waist on me.
>>
>love OPs
>broad shoulders

Why
>>
>>8825922
Nice to meet you, fellow sweet Lolita of the same height! Any brands you recommend?
>>
>>8830083
Testosterone isn't a growth hormone, and estrogen sure as hell isn't a "stop growth" hormone. The fuck are you smoking? Do you seriously think the shitposting you see and parrot from /fit/ constitutes actual science?
>>
>buy a dress secondhand made for someone who is 5'8
>get it for only $30
>it's a replica of the kamikaze girls pink dress from btssb
Yessssss
>still doesn't fit my broad shoulders
I'm 6 feet, i don't know what I expected.
>>
File: nej.png (47 KB, 538x182) Image search: [Google]
nej.png
47 KB, 538x182
>finds a really cute dress on H&M
>this could really work well with my wardrobe, this is great!
>tries it on at home
>dress is super short on me
>e tu mi brute?

I can still work it, but I dream of at least buying dresses and skirts in stores based in my home countries without having to worry about showing my butt
>>
>>8825862
hey I'm same size and as >>8825903 says it really depends on the measurements. I'm just getting into japanese fashion and from what I've ordered it's mainly shoulders seem to be the biggest problem.
>>
>>8825582
What about plain mary janes?
>>
File: 41E472+Z00L[1].jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41E472+Z00L[1].jpg
19 KB, 500x500
>>8831288
I wear mary janes with my lolita outfits all the time since I love oldschool, but anon has decided I have shit taste in shoes

which is kinda sad since i love these- I've always loved the ribbon in RHS but I hate the clunky platform part.
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.