[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
International lolita fashion photobook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3
File: 40b032a1.jpg (1 MB, 906x1280) Image search: [Google]
40b032a1.jpg
1 MB, 906x1280
What about make some money with stolen pictures?
>>
Salty you weren't asked to join?
All these photos were submitted by each lolita themselves.
A Japanese lolita sought out international lolitas though online comms and asked them if they would like to participate in the book, over a year ago.
Get your facts straight.
>>
>>8811181
If it was an actual book I would buy it. But digital? Nah, I'll just scroll through COF.
>>
>>8811181
Kind of embarrassed since half of the coords on the front cover aren't very good. Or at the least, eye-catching as cover photos should be.
Kind of makes it look like some lolitas asked to be added on haha.
>>
>>8811198
Not OP, but the pics were given for free, she made money for publishing. If she was a non Japanese lolita, pettis would be ruffled.
>>
>>8813278
Not everything needs to be OTT to hell and back. I actually appreciate that a lot of the cover is regular lolita.
>>
>>8813299
Except most of these aren't very good on a non-OTT basis.
>>
Ai is a shitty Lolita desperately trying to be the next Misako. She has zero accomplishments. Her being a "guest" at one of the European events where she did nothing but take selfies and give a presentation on her life story was fucking embarrassing
>>
>>8813295
Uhm no, it was clear that she will make an e-book with it and sell it, if you don't like this, don't send in pictures. Also if she would pay everyone with the profit of the book, everyone would get like 10 cents.
>>
>>8813335
She organizes Lolita Tea Parties in Japan, translates event reports in the Bible and gives presentations about Lolita at universities in Japan. So she does something for the Lolita community in Japan, while Misako is just a model and does nothing
>>
>ITT: Ai whiteknighting herself
>>
>>8811181
Never heard of this, can't say I care.
>person who organized this trying to make a name for herself
>people who volunteered to be in it trying to get more attention
I'm so tired of it. These are like watered down versions of street fash magazines with even less detail about what they're wearing.

I assume OP is the auth shilling this here, since y'know, we have to BUY it to even know what's in it to discuss it further. Asshole.
>>
I also think this is a desperate ploy for attention, on the part of Ai and all the lolitas who submitted, but at the same time I cant help but thing how great this will be in 10-20 years. I wish there was a book like this from about 2004 with all the old school lolita coords. It will be interesting to look back at this and think about how lolita has changed, as we are wearing OTT SweetGothic with a full length cape and 10 underskirts.
>>
Anyone want to share it for free?
>>
>>8813295
I don't think anybody gets paid to be in the GLB street snaps, so why is this any different?
>>
>>8813414
>I wish there was a book like this from about 2004 with all the old school lolita coords.
You mean the Fruits books or old GLB's...?
>>
>>8813358
Nobody in Japan likes her.
>>
>>8813786
From where do you know this? I thought many like her because she is the leader of the biggest Lolita comm there (if I understand it correctly)
>>
>>8813786
Lol, sure sounds legit.
>>
>>8813851
>>8814005
Not everyone "hates her" but she isn't exactly popular. In Japan Lolita's are quite different. Hardly any of them post pictures on-line and a lot of those who do blurred their face out in pictures. Humility is big over there, nobody wants to be the center of attention. And looking for attention is quite looked down upon. Lolita's in general are looked down upon for this reason and most go above and beyond to dissprove this stereotype.

She on the other hand constantly putting herself out there. Calling attention to herself, doing press things nobody cares to do. She's seen as a bit of a fame whore. The sort of thing she does I've heard friends say are more apt for a model, designer and other "public faces". She is not only seen as an attention whore but runs around acting as if she's some sort of magazine model.

With that said, plenty of Japanese girls would be interested in seeing western Lolita's and this book should work out well for her/be a good "legitimate" claim for her to act as if she's somebody.
>>
>>8813358
Wow her tea parties are the best
http://lineblog.me/akizukiai/archives/1043478062.html
So ka-why lolita chans
>>
>>8814048
I know you're being sarcastic but its a solid meet-up idea idk what you're so salty about.
>>
>>8811181
>third photo
>that posture
what the fuck. Lolita has really helped improve my posture. Even in candid photos from my second meet I thought I looked nice (better than I usually do)
>>
>>8813786
Well shes kinda chubby by Japanese standards, and not cute at all. So it's no suprise they dont like her.
>>
>>8813358
>>8814044
To expand a little further because I realize I didn't really explain it properly and I'm very bored; Japanese Lolita's don't really hold tea parties/meet ups like we do in the west. They do have this sort of event but they are always held by either brands or models usually as a greet and meet sort if thing. Which is probably why a random nobody holding a tea party is seen as odd and fame-whorey.

That is not to say that Japanese Lolita's don't hang out and maybe do tea. Plenty do, but it's mostly a meeting between friends/a private outing.

Also, because my post might make it look otherwise I don't think anybody actively and balantly "hates" her. It's more of a "Lol what a fame-whore" and everybody moves on sort of thing.
>>
>>8814048
the dresses look pretty frumpy but the tea party/photoshoot looks like it would have been a fun meet.
>>
Last I heard, Ai quite her full time job to try and launch her career in something lolita related. Haven't kept in touch with her lately, but she has always been nice to hang out with.

I'm not sure what the problem with her book is? Lolitas were asked to submit pictures for her book, it's not like she stole the pictures for profit.

Don't like it, don't buy it.
>>
>>8814102
Thank you for the explanation!
>>
>>8813340
Nobody was told that it'd be a paid e-book though. I thought it was like for online .pdf free magazines
>>
>>8814298
I searched for the old post in the London Facebook comm and it says the book will be released on Amazon.jp (the post is from December 2014). So I assumed it was not free, but I don't know how it was communicated in your community
>>
Lolita is obviously this girls passion and very important to her. Y'all are acting like that's a crime damn.
>>
>>8811181
Nobody in the Com wants to buy a Digital form. I would by a real book/magazine though. Not digital. I'm sure most of those coords are on COF anyway. Tisk
>>
>>8814044
>Hardly any of them post pictures on-line and a lot of those who do blurred their face out in pictures
Maybe in 2011, but there are metric tons of Lolitas with IG accounts who don't blur their faces and who post tons of photos in Lolita.
>>
>>8814249
>I'm not sure what the problem with her book is?
/cgl/ hates anyone who puts themselves out there. you have to have the perfect balance of beauty, skill, and an apparent lack of self-promotion to get a pass from seagulls.

any visible effort made to do anything unusual is tryhard or famewhorey.
>>
>>8811181
>trying to profit on pictures when most of those pictures can be found for free with a simple Google search

I'll stop scoffing when you explain what content my money is actually buying that isn't conveniently available already.
>>
>>8814501
Then maybe she should dress better. And actually wear lolita not ETC
>>
>>8814861
ETC make Lolita too
>>
>>8814865
Nope
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452911856125.jpg (87 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452911856125.jpg
87 KB, 1080x1080
>>8814861
She wears lolita too, not just otome.
Y'all are just so damn salty.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452912081247.jpg (70 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452912081247.jpg
70 KB, 640x640
>>8815143
>>
>>8811181

Masaki pls go.
>>
>>8815145
Does she have an IG?
>>
>>8815239
She's Aiakizuki on both Fb and instagram.

Back on topic, I'd buy her book if it was a physical copy but if it's just online I could just download coords off CoF.

But printing physical copies is a big risk for her as well so I understand why she didn't do it.
>>
http://www.japanesestreets.com/reports/3266/new-book-features-international-lolita-fashion-fans

>"international" lolita fashion photobook
>all attendees are Japanese

I spot one foreigner in one of the pictures but she isn't even wearing lolita
>>
>>8816024
wow her voice is really annoying
>>
>>8816024
Who the hell makes a book launch party for just an e-book anyway?
>>
>>8814886
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>8816024
Tbh I still enjoyed seeing this. It was really nice to see a lot of well dressed japanese lolitas and how they look like when they're enjoying themselves. A lot of them were especially adorable and I love the creativity they had with their coords.
>>
>>8816024
This gave me confidence about how long lolita dresses look on me. They all look cute so maybe my 4'11 self can too.
>>
I really like Ai. I enjoy her lolita report videos (although she hasn't put one out in ages), and she is very friendly. Just because the Japanese lolitas don't like her doesn't mean you should dislike her too. Disliking someone just because someone else does is a pretty pathetic excuse.

I live in a country where standing out or aiming to be anything more than mediocre is looked down upon, and people dislike others for making an effort. It's not fun if you don't fit in, but fitting in is boring so it is a trade off.

Ai really enjoys and cares about the fashion, she wants to be connected to the international community. It's not like she has created something meaningless like LACE (efame for nothing), or has a prominent modelling career (money incentive to stay in the fashion). Good on her.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but someone caring about something and actively organising events and such for it hardly seems fame-whoreish to me.
>>
>>8816024
Ai doesn't care about foreigners unless she can make money off them
>>
Why is this vendetta thread even still up?
>>
>>8816033
Keep telling yourself you're not a delusional newfag
>>
>>8814048
wasn't even a meet up salt-chan. It was a photoshoot
>>
>>8816024
The photo book is international the launch party is in Japan where just about everybody is Japanese. Are you fucking retarded? Jesus Christ I didn't even know people this stupid existed.
>>
>>8816824
It was an event she organized. They're all rather sad.
>>
>>8814085
by the looks of >>8815143 i'd say you're wrong
>>
>>8816683
How dense and stubborn are you?
>>
>>8814865
ETC is not a lolita brand
>>
>>8814085
Isn't lolita a fat person fashion though ?
>>
>>8817028
In Japan its a thing that no matter how skinny you are, if your face is fat, you're considered chubby.
>>
>>8817313
Lol no shut up.
People over here aren't idiots, everyone understands different facial structures perfectly well. And if fact chubby or round faces are considered cute, childish, and are preferred in lolita.
>>
>>8817278
Well no fuckin doy neither is Heart E but they both make dresses that are obviously suited to the fashion.
>>
>>8817195
Please do some research
>>
>>8817729
I'm not saying its not a dumb thing but look anywhere on message boards over there or pop culture.
>>
>>8818563
I assure you. I've had a better look than you.
>>
>>8818693
I honestly can't tell if you're trying to bait me or if you geniunily think I'll take the word of someone just going "I know better than you" when they present no sources. A round face to a certain extent is considered cute, just like a small mouth is but when it gets to a certain stage it's no longer considered such. I'm pretty sure there is even a manga based around this.
>>
>>8817278
Even lolita brands don't release solely lolita content.
ETC has come up with some perfectly loliable designs.
>>
>>8818718
I'm not trying to convince you. If you think Japanese people can't grasp the idea of different facial structure and stupidly equate it to body weight you're beyond help.
>>
>>8817903
Heart E is a lolita brand tho
>>
>>8816630
This is vendetta
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.