[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hair general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 28
File: T1ZaOkXCxfXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg (108 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
T1ZaOkXCxfXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg
108 KB, 400x600
>Time for a new hair thread?

I've been dying my hair black for the past ~6 months.
Now I want to put some very small, sparsely scattered white streaks in it (and maybe a chunk in my bangs. Damn it, Rinrindoll.)

The most that any part of my hair has been dyed black is 3 times. I'm wondering if I should try to do "colour stripper foils" in the areas that I want to lighten first, to lessen the damage? Is it even worth the effort?

>I'd really appreciate recommendations for colour strippers.
>>
Idk, anon. I have reddish/brown hair and last time I tried to add white streaks I had a really hard time getting the brassy yellow out to make it white, so I don't know how well it will take to your black hair without it being really damaged at the end. If you could get it to work, awesome.

>Damn it, Rinrindoll.
I always think about adding a streak in my bangs like her. I probably won't do it.
>>
>>8811135
Ah, I should have mentioned that my natural colour is basically grey with zero red tones. I've gotten it from virgin to white in two sessions before, it's just that I've never bleached over dye..
>>
File: anyway how's your sex life.jpg (85 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
anyway how's your sex life.jpg
85 KB, 970x545
Anon from the last thread who asked about black dye.

I fucked up.
I got the brown dye (as recommended by a seagull) and it came out fake-looking and jet black. It clashes with my skin so much and there are massive patches of red at the back of my head since my hair was too thick for just one box. I tried rinsing it with clarifying shampoo but it did nothing. I've lectures in less than a week, and my hair is dry, gummy and when I let it down I look like Tommy Wiseau.

What do I do?
>>
>>8813112
Go get a color correction at a reputable salon if you want to save your hair.
>>
>>8813117
Will do.
>>
I have really long, processed hair that gets really frizzy and tangles itself. It looks pretty when I try but it's also a huge pain. Coconut oil doesn't even do much. It's so thick that if I brush it, it only smooths out the top layer. I just want manageable hair, can someone recommend me something? I don't want to chop it.
>>
>>8813159
(same person) and I forgot to mention it manages to form dread- like chunks that hurt really bad to brush out
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x366
My hair is falling out due to birth control pills and possibly hair dye. I've stopped both. I see some baby hairs indicating that it's still growing, but it's so sparse. What can I do to not go bald? It's not coming out in patches but rather intensely shedding so it thins evenly all over.
>>
>>8811108
What's the best dye to get to this color?
>>
>>8813159
Cut off some of it. It will make a huge difference.
>>
So this might not be entirely related, but it's still "hair", but I have trichotillomania, that I'm working on. I only pull at the hair on my head now, occasionally, but when I was a kid, I had pulled out all my eyelashes and eyebrows.

My eyebrows are completely back and normal, but the eyelashes in the middle of my eye don't really grow any more-- which looks weird, because the patches of eyelashes that do grow, grow really long. Does anybody know what to do to try and stimulate eyelash growth?
>>
>>8813159
How do you wear your hair when you're doing nothing? You should have it in a loose braid 100% of the time you're not "Wearing it" as a style, especially when sleeping. If you're not sleeping with your hair in a braid, you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>8811108
Cosmetologist here. If you've been using box color, you likely won't be able to lighten your hair past a red/orange without severely compromising the cuticle. If you have the money, go to a salon or beauty school and see what they can do for you. It will probably take upwards of 6 weeks, but they can get you to the color you want without turning your hair into goop. Otherwise, go to Sally's (or whatever's equivalent in your area) and get clairol powder lightener, some 20 volume developer, toner, and conditioning treatments. You will destroy your hair if you try to lighten it all at once and going from box black to very pale blonde is a lengthy and difficult process. To make it easier on yourself in the future, don't buy drugstore color. The developer in the box is sometimes 30 or 40 volume and makes the color either wash out too fast or stick to the cuticle too well to be removed.
>>
Give me EVERYTHING you know to make hair grow faster. Everything. I know about beer thingy pills and massaging your scalp and also keeping your head down for 4 minutes every day
>>
>>8813308
>what is google
>what are hair care communities
We're not a search engine. Stop being lazy and do your own research, then come back if you have a question.
>>
>>8813238
Maybe try something like latisse and biotin. I've heard latisse makes your lashes grow weird, but you can always cut them if they do.
>>
>>8813203
Are you on vitamins? The birth control is likely messing with your estrogen levels which is why you're shedding. Multivitamins or even prenatals will help reduce it a little.
>>
>>8813298
this is the stupidest thing i've ever read.

OP don't listen to this person.
>>
>>8813298
>lengthy and difficult process
I went from jet black to platinum blonde in a week. Use heavy bleach, toner, then deep condition your hair. Rinse and repeat until you have the blonde you want. Don't skimp on the deep conditioner, and for christ sake test the bleach on a strand of hair in the back to see how long you need it on/if you need stronger or weaker bleach.
Either do it yourself for maybe $50-$60 or hundreds at a salon.
>>
>>8813409
You have unusually strong hair to be able to do this, most people's hair will melt after two consecutive treatments with 30vol+ bleach. Most conditioners just mask the issue as well because they're full of silicone, which is fine if you only want your hair to look nice, but the appearance doesn't indicate the quality.
>>
What do you do to keep your hair pretty? My hair is always such a mess, is frizzy and damaged, I use some kind of special shampoo to repair it but it doesn't work very well (and I've been using it for a long time). Any hair treatment you recommend?
>>
>>8813437
anon, most black dyes even boxed have very little hydrogen peroxide content in them, it's mostly dye which is only on the outside of the follicle so it comes off easy with bleach, the issues arise when you bleach to blonde to dye and then change your mind. the color stripping is the issue not the dying itself. also, simply washing ones hair strips out a lot of oils and the conditioner masks that damage as well, it's just how modern hair treatment works.
>>
>>8813451
The "volume" refers to the quantity of peroxide in the dye. If it says 30% volume, then 30% of that little bottle is peroxide.

>it's mostly dye which is only on the outside of the follicle so it comes off easy with bleach, the issues arise when you bleach to blonde to dye and then change your mind. the color stripping is the issue not the dying itself.

It seems like you're confusing colour stripper/remover and bleach here? Colour stripper works by shrinking the pigment molecules allowing you to wash them out, it's a problem if the person tries to die over it again because it's an oxidiser and will turn any dye that uses a developer black. Bleach doesn't work in the same way so it doesn't have this drawback, but it's way more damaging than colour stripper. Idk why anyone recommends bleach as the first port of call for removing black dye when colour remover exists.

>also, simply washing ones hair strips out a lot of oils and the conditioner masks that damage as well, it's just how modern hair treatment works.

This isn't a problem if you have virgin hair. The reason it's a problem if you bleach your hair is because you don't know how damaged your hair is, and therefore how much more treatment your hair can take.
>>
>>8811138
Definitely don't bleach over dye, anon. Strip the areas you want to bleach first, follow with bleach, end with a purple/blue toner. Alternately, get this done at a salon so it gets done correctly.
>>
File: SBS-302890.jpg (16 KB, 345x345) Image search: [Google]
SBS-302890.jpg
16 KB, 345x345
>>8813159
Ok I shit you not this helped my hair a lot and I'm about to go buy some more in another week. Myself my hair is just naturally stupid thick and frizzy mexican kinda hair. Doing this treatment means I can just blowdry it and it look like I straightened it. Even doing nothing to it it comes out with a damn bit less poof.

But I think this is especially good for damage because I used this on my nieces over damaged hair (she straightened it for the longest w/o protection along with bleaching and dying) with great results.

Besides worst case it does nothing for you. Nothing in it particularly screams it's gonna add more damage.

You should still go and get a trim and you can ask your hairdresser to put this treatment in for a fee. I know I asked mine the first time and only had to give her 30 bucks but she's cheap and I've gone to her since I was a kid.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452834315030.jpg (78 KB, 916x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452834315030.jpg
78 KB, 916x960
I'm thinking about dying my hair as pic related or other colors from same wig manufacturer.
I have black roots and I thought maybe asking for a fluid hair painting to bleach most of it then dieing it at home since I have some experience.
Would this be the best way to approach it?

Another question is, although I love pastel colors, I have tanned skin which doesn't really get much lighter, so I don't want to look weird. I know for a fact light greens make me look terrible, any recommendations for good colors to match tanned skin?
>>
>>8813475
i didn't say anything about volume, you're trying way too hard to sound smart. and no modern shampoo greatly messes with people's hair quality, virgin, dyed or otherwise.
>>
>>8813848
Go to a stylist who specializes in color. Get a consultation. They will discuss what you want and explain what it will take to get it and maintain it. While you are there they will be able to explain what undertones you need to work with. Don't try to do this at home if you are unsure of what you are doing.
>>
>>8813871
When you talk about box dye you are automatically talking about volume 99% of the time. You seem to be confused about things. If it has a developer you speak about that in volumes. http://www.hairfinder.com/tips/haircolor_level.htm
>>
>>8813604
Thanks anon, I'll try this!! Hoping it'll do something!
>>
>>8813209
I'm so scared to. My hair is the only thing that makes me feel remotely pretty, it's a security blanket for me...
>>
>>8813159
>>8813284
This! There's no reason your hair should be dreading wtf are you doing to it?
Also, what are you brushing with? You should be brushing with nothing but a wide tooth colm. Cutting it is not going to change it's texture, you will still be dealing with the same problem if not worse since without the weight, it will probably poof up and tangle. it seems like you just have to take care of it properly honestly.
>>
>>8814062
I'm not doing anything with it, it's just incredibly thick. It's the first thing hairdressers comment on other than the color (it's pink.) The fact that it's a bit damaged certainly can't help, although it's not super damaged.. It usually doesn't look fried aha.. I will try just using the wide tooth comb. And I often wear it in braids if I'm just home alone, which I am actually doing right now
>>
>>8813871
Yes you did. You said box dyes don't contain that much peroxide, which is stupid because every single box says exactly how much peroxide they contain i.e. the volume.

>you're trying way too hard to sound smart
You just clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Stop giving people advice when you get so confused over basic terminology.
>>
>>8814107
If you're using a plastic comb, sand down the seams, otherwise you're just pulling a ribbon through scissors. Wooden combs are the best because you don't end up having that problem.
>>
>>8814205
Okay thank you, I'll try that
>>
Hey any suggestions for a long haired laywered cut? Normally I just get face framed and ask for some vague kinda layers and let the hair dresser do her thing but I really like this kinda v-shaped cut and my hair is so thick I'm just trying to figure out other layers to implement so I can keep the length and still reduce weight.
>>
>>8813848
I'm tan as well and I also don't get that light, but I my hair is currently brown is kind of a light brown with pastel pink under layer and it looks pretty good against my skin
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 236x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 236x461
>>8814546
I used to have long hair very similar to yours until I got it cut short. Something like this could work, especially since your hair looks pretty thick. It's best to have the top layer length be somewhere between your jaw and your shoulders and the bottom layer be the actual length that you want. Make sure the hairstylist still blends the two layers so your hair look choppy when straight. I've had to jump between several stylists for many years because so many of them would straight up hack at my hair and make it look really bad.
>>
>>8814648
*so your hair DOESN'T look choppy when straight. Dammit.

Another side note, you can have the top layer be longer if you want. It comes down to preference.
>>
how to cut my own bangs like this?
>>
File: 73504442 (1).jpg (105 KB, 670x446) Image search: [Google]
73504442 (1).jpg
105 KB, 670x446
I want to get cut my hair with bangs, I'm tired of my hair style, but my face is fucking squared. There are any good styled bangs for rough shaped faces?
My hair is like pic related but darker
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (506 KB, 451x464) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
506 KB, 451x464
>>8813159
Well, I have thick, 30 inch hair myself, so I'll try to speak from personal experience.

>How are you brushing your hair? I'd recommend getting a Tangle Teezer or a large wooden brush (paddle shapes are best). Start dividing your hair in half and bring it to the front. Hold up yur ends against your forearm and start brushing slowly from the bottom towards the top. Pick out the tangliest pieces of hair and work with them individually, you can even learn to slowly unravel the knots by hand. Never pull on the hair or you will break it.

>Get used to protective styles. The best ones are buns, because braids are constantly brushing against your body and can induce damage on the outermost layers. Get rid of silicone based styling products and oil your ends every day or every other day instead, it will nourish and weigh them down, which helps with the frizziness. Switch the placement of your hair elastics frequently and stop using the ones with metallic bits on them, they always manage to break the hair.

>Try to space out the times you wash your hair as much as possible. I wash my hair every 8~10 days and only need a bit of dry shampoo on my bangs around the 5th or 6th day. Go for sulphate-free shampoos and again no silicones. If you don't have product buildup on your lengths apply conditioner before you shampoo your scalp. End your showers with a cold rinse (and a couple spoonfuls of vinegar/lemon juice if you live in an area with hard water) and do not wring your hair dry.

>Damaged hair cannot be repaired, if your ends are degrading not only they won't look any better but they're also competing with your rate of hair growth. Cut a few inches now (at least four) and the rest of the damage in a few months. Long hair is worth nothing if it looks like shit.

Pic related shows my hair about a year ago. It's a bit longer now, but you can see there's quite a bit of it anyway.
>>
>>8815033
How do you go so long without washing your hair? My bangs start looking greasy as fuck after like 3 days.
>>
>>8815042
I have to admit I just got very lucky with genetics. My scalp is relatively dry (but not to the point where it's irritated or flaky) and everyone in my faily goes without washing their hair in at least 5 days. Gentle, daily brushing also helps with spreading the oils and minimizing the appearance of greasy roots, and if all else fails you can always do an updo and hope for a slicked back look. I used to wash it every 5-6 days, but ever since I switched to sulphate free I have been able to extend that time, especially if I am wearing it straighthened. Leaving it curly (my natural texture) or waving it (by air drying while braided, my most frequent texture) makes it last less because I won't brush it for the first few days, until the texture starts to get messier and once brushed it doesn't look that nice anymore, so I'll wash it around the seventh day. My bangs are always flat ironed so they always look pretty much the same, but I do have noticed that the longer they are (and the more I touch them) the faster they get dirty.
>>
any good styles for long thin white person hair?
>>
This is probably a stupid question, but any advice for someone trying to grow out their hair?

My hair is in layers and goes a little past the collar bone and I'm aiming for pic related as a point where I'll be satisfied. I've been using Mane n Tail Herbal Gro shampoo and conditioner and avocado oil on my ends after washing. I've pretty much stopped using a a straightener all together and blow dry only when I need to.

Is what I'm doing now all I can do or is there more I should be doing? My friend told me that braiding your hair helps it grow, is that true?
>>
>>8815230

I'm >>8815033, this could probably apply to you as well.

If you are trying to grow out your hair, the key again is to minimise damage because it will counteract the growth from your scalp. If you keep your hair healthy it shouldn't break off or get split ends that often, although that always depends on the quality of your hair strands, which is mostly genetic. You don't need dramatic haircuts if you keep your ends free from damage, a 2'' trim every five to six months works well on mine, for example. Also, adopt a "search and destroy" attitude towards split ends. Whenever you have free time, grab a strand of hair and examine the tips for crooked shapes, bends on the fiber, things that look like tiny knots or thick spots on a fiber and split ends. Purchase some cheap hairdressing scissors (school or kitchen blades wre not sharp enough and won't solve anything) and keep them nearby so you can snip all of those away. That way you can improve the overall tip health and will be able to space out your salon appointments.
>>
File: 20160116_000030-1.jpg (734 KB, 1565x723) Image search: [Google]
20160116_000030-1.jpg
734 KB, 1565x723
I need tips on how to deal with wavy-to-curly hair, desperately... Pic related. That's on a good day.

My hair is pretty thin so it gets damaged incredibly easy and it's finicky with products I use on it. Pantene for example is terrible because it dries out my hair and just makes it a frizzy gross mess.

Up on my scalp my hair is very frizzy and just overall really messy looking. Perpetual bedhead unless I iron it.

I want to grow my hair out to at least mid-back length but I'm not sure how that'll affect the curls, which I want to keep.

In a nutshell: How to cut back on frizziness and enhance curls on super thin and greasy hair.
>>
>>8815542
Curly girl method?
>>
>>8814679
I hope you have a straightener and the time to do your bangs every day. Sideswept bangs and parted, soft bangs are best on square faces to soften rather than emphasize the angles.

>>8815202
Braids and updos are the best for long hair usually, if you don't have a lot of hair you can often fake it a bit by puffing it out of braids. I like cute girls' hair styles and the beauty department for ideas

>>8814665
Very, very carefully. My fringe is like this and it's not just the cut, you have to blow dry and style it into place every day to get it to look like that. You can do it with a long single-length fringe with some shorter layers cut into it which is what I have, or possibly with a fringe that is shorter on the side you sweep it towards (model's left) and tapers to being longer on the side you sweep it from (model's right)
>>
>>8815542
Most curly haired gals deal with dry hair. Switch to the mildest shampoo you can find and invest in deep conditioning that doesn't weigh down your hair too much. You can try to use oil masks a few hours before a shower to avoid making your hair too heavy right after it's been cleaned. Some of the messiness will probably be baby hairs and won't go away, though.
>>
Hey guys! I've been trying to go for gray hair for a while, and I've gotten my hair bleached to a good point, and I've been using some sulfate-free purple shampoos. I've been looking into a good hair dye, but I keep finding recommendations for box dyes, and I'm not about that - especially since I've seen those Feria hair dyes literally making people's hair melt. Do you guys have any recs on a good gray dye? Pravana Chromasilk Vivids seems to be the only product that looks alright to me thus far.
>>
>>8813445
try hair masks if you haven't already. you can make some at home with honey, avocado, coconut oil, etc etc, or you can buy a deep-conditioning treatment.

I use a clarifying shampoo once a week that leaves my hair feeling kind of dry afterwards, but the following day I use an argan oil conditioner (I think by skin food) that I leave in for 15-20 minutes before washing it out. nearly every day I also rub a few drops of argan oil into my scalp and into my hair. I also picked up a tub of aloe vera gel from nature republic that can be used on hair, and it seems to do about the same job and leaves no residue behind.
>>
File: oy vey.jpg (35 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.jpg
35 KB, 267x400
Anons please please help, it's urgent.

I have a date next week and I've scheduled an appointment with my hairdresser because my little sisters fucked it up last night. I'll need to cut and color it, but I don't know which color to pick and how to get it cut to flatter my face best.

I have yellow undertones, soft autumn leaning on true autumn, and my natural hair is dark brown with copper highlights. I've noticed though that darker hair makes me look older and accentuates all the worst features on my face (namely my nose). I know I look horrible as a blonde or anything past medium brown.

I've been told I look like Lily from HIMYM and... A wonky Botticelli painting? If that gives you an idea of what my face is like.

Thanks, and pls halp
>>
>>8813409
bullshit, one treatment like that would have fried your fucking hair to straw
>>
>>8815586
Pravana is pretty good, I'd recommend it based on the results my friends got. Grey rinses that are targeted at old ladies may work for you as well.
>>
>>8816525
Get your hair dyed to the approximate colour your highlights go, and long face framing layers.
>>
>>8816525
Then go for medium brown? Also are you interested in keeping copper undertones? Or do you want to tone them down?

Here's a person with a kind of similar nose to the painting. (I hope.) She looks pretty good.
>>
>>8816594
I was thinking to go as dark as I can get away with to match my hair with my brows and [spoiler]hairy back of my neck that always looks too dark when I dye my hair too light[/nospoilers]. I'm trawling pinterest as we speak but no cigar, it's all too ashy or warm with balayage.

Thank you so much for the pic, the cut looks perfect! I need to start parting my hair like that too.
>>8816593
Thanks anon, I'll tell her to put in some subtle layers.
>>
>>8816591
Thank you, anon! That's a great idea. I'll look into it, but at least Pravana seems to be recommended a lot now that I'm looking into it more.
>>
File: sel3.png (765 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
sel3.png
765 KB, 960x640
I'm in need of some help cgl... recently I bleached out a pink/black split and dyed it with box blonde dye. The problem is that the perviously black side looks ginger (my bangs & left pic) whereas the other side is more of a blonde. What can I do to get grid of the gingery colour? Bleaching isn't an option rn, and I'm told toner won't do anything. Tips?
>>
>>8818046
Let it grow out. Color correction from a salon is the only way you'll get it even again, but your hair will probably be so damaged that it will look like crap again when your roots come in.

You could try henna. I'd stay away from anything with a developer because it will just exacerbate the problem. Also get some deep conditioning masks.
>>
>>8818046
Put dark purple dye in it. it'll either go purple or cancel out the ginger to give you a brown
>>
>>8818098
>>8818078
do you think that maybe those blue or purple conditioners forgetting out brassiness would do anything?
>>
>>8818122
no they don't, they're usually just the dye in conditioner and too diluted.
>>
>>8818122
It'll probably neutralize it a bit, but I still think henna is your best bet. Are you trying to stay light? Because if you are, there will probably always be a visible difference.
>>
>>8813387
Adding on to this, take prenatals VERY sparingly if you do. The amount of iron in them can be dangerous for someone not actually pregnant.

>>8813402
Their advice seems sound anon, I see no reason not to listen to them unless you have superior knowledge you wish to provide.
>>
>>8818122
Maybe, but you could get the same effect for cheaper by putting the dye in your usual conditioner. Something like Directions Plum, which is only like $8 shipped on ebay
>>
>>8813121
Ask for olaplex
>>
Does anyone have any sweet lolita hairstyle suggestions for someone who has short hairs on the top of their head? i can't split my hair down the middle because of how short they are, so double braids, buns, or pigtails are out of the question unless I'm wearing a hat, and those are staples of lolita fashion. What do?
>>
>>8819857
Sounds like you're braking your hair when you brush it. Brush with a wide tooth comb and start from the tip and gently make your way to the roots. Until it grows out, there's always head-eating bows, and headdresses.
>>
>>8819874
No, I actually pull my hair out excessively in one spot because of trichotillomania, but I've managed to stop for a while, its just taking a long time for it to grow out. The headdress idea is nice though.
>>
>>8816582
Not if you use products for protection. I bleached my bordeaux hair to white in a week. Was it ethical, no it was pretty much hair murder but my air wasn't straw and it didn't melt. Color remover, bleach 40 vol, bleach 40 vol and then snow white toner.
>>
>>8814107
I have the same exact problem. I have hair that is texturaly thin but I have a lot of it and it seems concentrated at the nape of my neck. If I let it stay straight without braiding it at night I wake up to the beginning of a dread. It doesn't just knot up it actually bind together and needs to be unwoven. The only way I have been able to stop this is giving my hair a good combing and then plaiting or braiding it after I oil it.
>>
>>8815033
Your hair is extremely beautiful.

Does anyone have any tips for growing your hair long? What I mean by that is, being patient enough to let it grow out, and not going crazy and coloring it halfway through and wrecking all your progress. Anything that helps you?

>>8820802
You either have remarkably strong hair or cannot recognize damage.
>>
Here's my story-
I have hair that is a little past BSL. My dream is to be like Rapunzel with gorgeous, shiny full locks. However, I am so close to grabbing a pair of shears and cutting this shit off. It's so confusing because even though I have an extremely oily scalp, my length is dull and lifeless. If I so much as breath, my hair ends up in matted, tangled messes. A lot of the tangles are microtangles as well. If you examine my hair, it looks like it's damaged from over-dyeing or using too much heat, but I don't dye at all. Oil production is out of control. I have used shampoos rec'd for oily scalps such as Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Oil shampoo, but they don't make a difference. If I wash in the morning, it looks like an oil slick that night. I keep conditioner away from my scalp. When I used to wash daily, my hair was manageable. I started stretching washes 2-3 days at a time thinking I was stripping my scalp of oil and stimulating oil production, but it is just so terrible now I might go back to daily washing. SLS and SLS-free shampoos both produce the same results. I also noticed that I occasionally get itchy bumps on my scalp. It started a couple months ago. They're not red or inflamed though. I feel like I shed a lot, too, more than the average amount one should shed. To top it off (no pun intended), my oily scalp somehow has dandruff? I don't even know.

(c)
>>
>>8820843
I never use heat tools, moisturize the shit out of it by only doing scalp washes and slathering it in conditioner, using coconut oil on the ends, using every moisturizing recipes known to long hair communities, etc., get semi-regular trims to remove any damage from spreading, clarify 1-2 times a month, detangle and brush the proper way by starting at the bottom and working my way up, never brush wet, and so on. Nothing has helped. I see some people treating their hair like shit and it looks so much better than mine. I dabbled with using a 100% boar bristle brush to move the oil down the shaft, but it made my hair heavy with oil and not a good kind of shiny.

The only things I haven't tried are chelating (we don't have hard water), CO/WO/etc washes, shampoo bars, any kind of rinse, or dousing myself with dry shampoo because I feel that's just covering up a deeper rooted problem.

Any kind of help or insight is appreciated.

I apologize for my first post's formatting. It's like 3 am here and I'm tired.
>>
>>8820843
how long have you been stretching washes? it takes quite a while, you just gotta wait it out.
we can't really help much over the internet though, I'd suggest seeing an actually good hairdresser and asking for advice.
>>
>>8820844
>>8820843
Coconut oil is a chelating agent anyway, so you have been chelating even though you didn't know it.

Anyway, it honestly sounds like you have a skin condition of some kind and need to see a dermatologist. Could be a fungal infection, or psoriasis, could even be the early signs of an endocrine disorder. Either way it's probably not something more online advice is going to fix or diagnose.
>>
>>8820831
>What I mean by that is, being patient enough to let it grow out, and not going crazy and coloring it halfway through and wrecking all your progress. Anything that helps you?
I just remind myself how much of a pain it is to grow out short hair, especially that stage where it's just too short to pull back.
>>
>>8821069
3-4 months now

>>8821138
Didn't know that about coconut oil, thanks for the tip. TMI, but I'm actually a bit worried because recently I've noticed any increase in body odor which really makes me wonder if it worth looking into the endorcrine thing. If I don't put on clinical strength deodorant, you can still smell it within an hour after showering.

I'll also look into seeing a dermatologist. Hopefully they can get this figured out. I feared no matter how short my hair, I'd still have the same problems.
>>
>>8821173
Endocrine disorders are usually very slow onset, so people typically ignore the symptoms as they arise until they either get very ill or realise they have a laundry list of symptoms that aren't normal. If you feel like something is off, it's worth getting it checked out.

I hope you can get it sorted out, whatever it is.
>>
File: brush.jpg (18 KB, 405x191) Image search: [Google]
brush.jpg
18 KB, 405x191
I have really long hair (around 85cm) and I bought one of these weeks ago and they are actually great. I used to suffer brushing my hair and avoided doing it when it is dry because it is wavy (2A sometimes B) but it is really easy untangling with one of these.
I read some reviews before buying and it seems it works better with thick hair and abundant hair. Needless to say I bought a knockoff from Ali, it worked pretty well.
>>
>>8820831
It's >>8815033 here, thank you for the compliment. It has taken me eight years to reach my current length (I got it cut at collarbone length in August 2007) and I just have always loved the idea of having long hair. I'm an individual with very fixed ideas of what I like and what I don't, so I've never felt that tempted to give up or chop everything off. I try to research what else I could do that helps improve the quality of my hair (not only in terms of products but also picking up habits like the search and destroy thing or protective styles) and I look at hair coloring as going against all that work. I would love to have gray, purple or navy hair as they look great against my skin tone, but whenever I examine someone else's dyed hair I can't stop thinking about the damage and the setback haircut I'd have to get.

I also enjoy learning new hairstyles. It's kind of hard sometimes, because "long hair tutorials" are saturated with bra strap length chicks who can fit all of their hair inside their fist, but sometimes you strike upon the goldmine and find someone with actual long hair. My most recent discovery is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWNoIQZ6OrM , sadly I don't speak German (well, I think it's German) but I just really like her hair. I wish I can grow mine to that extent in a couple more years.
>>
>>8821317
My hair is about 28" long but much, much thinner and I cannot even begin to imagine the headaches this woman gets from wearing her hair up. All of my hair in a braid looks like it wouldn't even equal 1/8th of hers. How does she cope?
>>
Is it normal for your hair color to change pretty dramatically as an adult? I figured that it had settled into a color (I'm 24), but my hair is growing out much darker than it used to. It went from being a coppery dark dirty blonde/light brown to an ugly, very dark, one dimensional brown color. I dyed it lighter about 6 months ago, if that makes any difference.
>>
So I noticed that there's tiny white flakes on my hair near my scalp. I don't think I have dandruff since my scalp isn't itchy at all. Has anyone else experienced something like this? How do you deal with this?
>>
>>8822317
...you probably have dandruff. It doesn't have to be itchy. Try Head and Shoulders or Neutrogena T-Gel and see if it goes away after a few weeks.
>>
>>8822317
Sounds like dry scalp. Dandruff tends to be yellow.
>>
>>8822317
Yeah that's basically dandruff. It ain't really itchy often. I got rid of mine with a basic scalp moisturizing shampoo and massaging baby lotion into my scalp. Now I use ions healthy scalp shampoo and a moisturizing leave in conditioner.
>>
>>8821369
It can definitely do that. Something else to consider would be whether you have changed the amount of sunlight exposure your hair gets Was the last time you saw it in summer and is this just your actual hair colour/winter growth? I have friends whose ends are light blonde from lots of outdoor activities in summer, but their actual hair colour is a very mousey brown so they look like they've got regrowth in winter.
>>
>>8822378
>>8822363
Do you have any recommendations besides head & shoulders and T-gel? I don't have dandruff/flakes but my scalp is SUPER dry & itchy all the time and it drives me crazy. I'm honestly just about to pour jergins body lotion on my head because no shampoo has helped so far.
>>
>>8820831
I'm trying to grow mine right now - my way of managing it is to have a bit that you can play with and change, so for me that's my bangs and layers around the front of my face. I can do whatever I like to that bit, but the rest has to stay away from dye, bleach etc. Another thing I find useful is putting extensions in so I can see what my hair will look like longer - it gives me a goal to aim towards as I know what my hair *could* be like if I left it alone.
Some people find learning new hair styles to be helpful, but I have too many layers in my hair for braided styles to look tidy without a lot of product so that is not really an option for me.
>>
File: SBS-302770.jpg (8 KB, 95x345) Image search: [Google]
SBS-302770.jpg
8 KB, 95x345
>>8822464
Um I just recommended this: http://www.sallybeauty.com/healthy-scalp-shampooo/SBS-302770,default,pd.html#start=5

That ion. I'm pretty settled into that one. Works great, no medical h&s smell, no sulfate which was fucking up my face, does what it says. And yeah baby lotion/oil works best imo but sure try a basic lotion if you want, worst case it's just a bit oily hair and you wash it out and are back to normal. Btw do go easy on it and only rub it on your scalp otherwise too much everywhere gives you oily hair. You could probably get better results going into a sallys and asking what kind of masks or treatments they've got for dry scalp.
>>
>>8815586
Pravana is good and so is ion. Once you use those dyes the "purple" shampoos/conditioners aren't really needed. I haven't needed them since I found a good grey dye. I have very hard water and it hasn't yellowed my hair or stripped my dye.
>>
>>8820831
Well I am going to go with pretty strong hair. I get my hair cut often and I always ask about scaling, breakage and shedding. Obviously I wouldn't recommend what I did to anyone but I was pointing out what other anon said was possible.
>>
>>8822464
Are you sure it isn't scalp eczema or psoriasis?
>>
>>8821317
yep that's German, if you want some quick translation of some guide I could try (not native but I could probably help clarify things)

any idea on what could be causing constant hair splitting? I use conditioner at least once a week, wash 2-3 times a week, hair was last dyed in the summer, I maybe heat treat once a month, definitely not more. hair feels good other than the ends.
>>
File: Kureha.jpg (11 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
Kureha.jpg
11 KB, 299x168
Want to dye my hair this colour, but have no idea how to explain it/where to find colour that close to this on photo, be it wig or real hair
Is this ash blond? Caramel blond?
>>
File: yYvncN0.png (971 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yYvncN0.png
971 KB, 1920x1080
>>8822947
> Ant picture
Sorry
>>
>>8822947
I"m assuming you just want your hair like this and not for cosplay
It's light ash blonde, I have the same hair color naturally
>>
>>8815033
This reeks of the same regurgitated LHC advice everyone gets when trying to grow their hair out.

Also putting lemon juice on your scalp is hair suicide. Enjoy your seborrhoeic dermatitis.
>>
File: hair.png (757 KB, 1392x272) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
757 KB, 1392x272
>>8818046
Anon, not sure if this'll help, but I'll just tell you what I did since I was in the same situation not long ago.

I had really brassy bleached hair back in October. I forgot to buy toner, and with my bleach job really being uneven at the roots and my ends (from dye build-up and lack of experience), I ended up using a lavender dye from Ion. It took a bit to get it even, but I used purple conditioner and it helped make my hair a silver/grey colour. If your goal is to get white/platinum blonde, I'd stay away from purples and blues since they tend to really stick to your hair. Anyway, after the lavender faded I used a red-based toner to get my hair back to a lightish blonde.

The best advice to you would be to deep condition the hell out of your hair and cut back on the shampoo. Maybe take the anons suggestion and use henna if you really want to get rid of the ginger and go more natural.
>>
>>8823038
In case it leads to confusion I'll clarify. I've never put pure lemon juice on my scalp, or vinegar for that matter. When I prepare a rinse I dilute them in ten times water or more, and my scalp has never shown nay signs of irritation from that. All of the other advice I've shared are things I do on my own hair, which is why I sad they work on me but I am not everyone else in the world.

You could try to make a rinse to dilute some of that salt anyways.
>>
>>8822947
We need more information anon. You have to tell us your hair length, type and color. I am going to assume you have a medium brown color, mid shoulder length and smooth texture and your hair is virgin. If any of this is wrong don't listen to me. Get a 20 vol developer and bleach with violet toner (like prism lights). After you bleach your hair you may or may not need to tone it down further. You want a soft blonde to white color and nothing brassy. If you need to tone you can use a violet toner or something like manic panic virgin snow. You can use a towel to get the warmth you need for this. If our hair is dry take a break from processing and use a hair mask to hydrate and wait 3 days to a week for the second part. The color you want to get is lightest ash blonde/ Revlon to Wella make this. Once you do that use a sealant on your hair and condition it. You may need to by something like shimmer lights to tone it once a week. This color fades fast and yellows easy.
>>
>>8822678
Oh, that's nice to know! Do you still wash it with cold water?
>>
>>8813298
If they are using box color they can't lighten their hair at all! I run a salon and once that box color goes into your hair. it is there. forever you can not lighten it and you can not get it out. the only solution is to let the hair grow out and chop it off
>>
>>8814062
You must be a white girl with thin hair.
>>
File: _20160120_223259.jpg (64 KB, 413x900) Image search: [Google]
_20160120_223259.jpg
64 KB, 413x900
>>8811135
>>8811108
>so late to the party
I did it a while back. I have very thick hair, and it's never straight, so in the end it didn't look as nice as I anticipated.
>>
>>8816525
Update: I got light brown highlights with a powdery black base and did a henna gloss over it, been getting compliments left and right. I also got it cut to around APL with nice face framing layers. Thanks for all the suggestions!
>>
File: OLkSiYF.jpg (48 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
OLkSiYF.jpg
48 KB, 453x604
i now have have long hair for the first time in quite a while. how do you...put it up? i can do a ponytail, but nothing else. every hair diagram on pinterest looks like arcane voodoo to me.

is there a book or something with some really simple styles to look at that youd recommend?
>>
>>8824550
I find that youtube is better for learning how to do hair, as you can see what they are doing more. Practice is the key, get into learning how braids work because that will be a lot of up dos.
>>
>>8824325
I really like your look even with that sticker, anon. I heavily relate to that thick hair that just won't ever completely straighten
>>
>>8819900
just use wigs. i hear that helps with the hair-pulling too, helps with a friend of mine anyway while her hair grows out.
>>
>>8824564
Aww shucks! Thank you! I got a Japanese straightening perm now, and boy does it do wonders. I'm never going back. I live in a pretty Asian area with lots of competition, so getting a straightening perm is only $120 (Canadian).
>>
>>8824550
Cute girls' hairstyles. Heaps of braided styles and videos
>>
File: 2016-01-21_22.39.52.jpg (172 KB, 1041x1388) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21_22.39.52.jpg
172 KB, 1041x1388
is it ok to ask for colour advice? basically - could I pull off purple dye? I believe I'm either a clear (bright) or true winter (please correct me if you think I'm wrong). the pic is quite old but it's the only one I could find that is true to colour.
the eyebrows show my natural colouration, hair is obviously dyed. definitely blue/purple veins, and my eyes are fairly clear grey (slightly blue-toned) with slight golden/brown rings on the inside.
>>
>>8825094
You could.
>>
any cute jfash hair tutorials for bob length hair?
>>
>>8821213
Can i have a link?
>>
File: 20160121_191139.jpg (191 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
20160121_191139.jpg
191 KB, 1024x1024
Any suggestions for a cut/style? I'm really lost as to what to do with my hair. I'd like for it to be cuter and more compatible with jfashion.

I'd also like to dye it, but can't decide between strawberry blonde, platinum blonde, lilac, and smoky pink. I already have smoky pink dye (haven't tried it yet) but I don't know if it would be a good look for me. Opinions?
>>
>>8824550
I just twist mine into a bun, tucking the ends in. It's good if I need my hair out of my face quickly or want it to fall tidier when I take it down again and you don't even need any hairbands or clips
>>
>>8825436
judging by the skin tone in the photo, platinum blond will make you look sickly. golden or strawberry will look better with your skintone.
pink hair dye is the WORST color to use, it will fade out in a matter of a week, and you will be constantly reapplying that color to keep it up.

as for hair style, what you have is actually very cute looking, I just feel it is missing a nice fringe. a cute side cut fringe would be nice with your face structure or the blunt across that you see idols doing lately
>>
>>8821069
I seriously can't remember the last time I washed my hair, but I brush it out twice a day to evenly distribute the oils + coconut oil I add. It's less greasy than it used to be and people have been commenting that it smells nice, stroke it and actually bury their face in it. My hair used to look wet all the time with dry roots, now it looks nice and is growing well, even if this sounds gross
>>
>>8813409
I tested a lock of my hair in bleach and it dissolved completely in 5 minutes
>>
>>8813159
Try using a ceramic paddle brush with long bristles. Boar hair just smoothed the top layer for me, like your issue. I still have to part my hair into sections with my fingers before brushing so I get all the way down to the scalp but the Tresemmé brushes have been a godsend for me with long, curly hair that breaks easily, especially if it gets caught in a door or my zipper (mixture of 2C to 3B, I've actually managed to 'train' it straighter)
>>
>>8824308
That isn't true at all. I died my hair black with Feria bright black and didn't like it. After two sessions at a salon they stripped most of the color out and with coloring and toning session were able to bring me to a chestnut brown. On top of that they can obviously bleach it. This will make the hair crappy but it can be done. You need to go back to class.
>>
>>8825383

Not them but I can help you! Those are Tangle Teezers! You can buy them at Sally's and I know Sephora has the travel size ones. Sally's carries the knock offs also but I found the bristles on them were rougher than the brand one.

https://www.tangleteezer.com/
>>
>>8825524
No one who passed their classes will actually do this though. If they hear you have box dye they will turn you away and tell you to come back after it has grown out. They are told this by their managers as well to turn away box dyed clients as it's a liability

The stylists who do work on box dyed hair obviously have no other clients and NEED the money even if they KNOW that they will most likely burn the hair off of the clients head. No self respecting salon would let them work on this ether so you must of gone to a pretty shitty salon where they obviously don't care.
>>
>>8825094
It will make you look very pale and bring out the cooler undertones in your skin. If you have a wig similar to what you want see how it looks. If you like it and are comfortable with it then try it. Id say find what dye you can buy and try an find swatches and lay them against your skin. I had a friend who was a cool winter and she did a violet purple and boy oh boy did it make all her veins pop.
>>
>>8825531
Not sure where you live but around here you can't get a license if you didn't pass your classes and you can't keep your license if you don't continue your education. You can't be employed in a salon without a license or purchase the chemicals without license. A salon can be shut down if it is found out that the salon is operating while having people employed without their license. The clients can also press charges against the stylist/barber/hair care specialist and the business for fraud and assault if they don't have a license. Wherever you are clearly has far different standards. Around here if you don't graduate basic classes you can't do anything but sweep the floors, answer phones or be a basic shampoo assistant.

I can assure you the woman who did handle my case did not need the money. She was their color specialist and I had to wait almost a month for her chair to open up. She did care about me as a client and her work as a professional. Just because you are unaware of more modern processes does not mean others don't have those skills. Three people have already posted about their success and one posted a picture.
>>
>>8825531
uhhh no
literally even the poshest stylists in my country will do it, with a colour reducer or stripper + olaplex. If the damage is too great they usually put highlights in your hair instead.
>>
>>8825553
I'm a San Francisco color specialist. It was drilled into our education to turn away any client with box color no matter the situation. Every single stylist I am friends with through out this state has been told the exact same thing " do not work on a client with box color"

There is no "modern" process, it's a simple fact of you should not do it. The horror stories you hear from people about going bald after a lightening job? it's because they had box color.

But if you really want to challenge me on this rule, go spend 30k on classes then come back and talk to me. I've been in this business for the past 20 years and it has always been a fact that you do not work on it, even when you go in for your 5 hour long licensing test, one of the questions on the written portion asks if you should work on a box dyed client and the correct answer on the test, is no.
>>
>>8825555
post your licence so
>>
My hair gets tangled soo much. Not some tangles , it looks like a big Rasta after the day and I have to spend sooo muh time detangling it. Breakin. It a lot in the process.

Do you know any champoo or mascara or product that can help me?
>>
>>8825555
20 years? Damn how old are you
>>
>>8825555
Look up guy tang. He works on clients with box dyed hair all the time and arguably one of the most famous hair colorists
>>
>>8825444
>>8825071
>>8824554
thank you!
>>
>>8825177
>>8825535
thank you anons! does it matter a lot if I go for a red-toned or blue-toned purple? I'm kinda torn between manic panic's amethyst and violet night, and directions' plum and violet.
also, am I right in guessing it'll be nigh impossible to get it out? I'm hoping to go from the purple to a brown-black and then from there cut it/let it grow out (originally thought of going for black and then bleaching it and moving to pastels, but that would prob be way too taxing on it).

>>8825554
+1, I dye with 'higher end' box dyes between hairdresser appointments and no one's given me shit for it - not the cheapo local salon that did my bright red seen above, not the high end chick who used to do our first lady's hair. Europe here.
>>
>>8825555
Where is your proof and time cap? Claiming there have not been any technological hair care advancements in 20 years lel.
No one needs to challenge you, we have proof on this board that it can be done.
>>
>>8826305
If you choose to go with manic panic getting the color out won't be impossible. Depending on your water quality, frequency of shampoo/conditioning, touch ups, etc. I have used the amethyst and it faded to a muddy pink after a month and a half but on others it last much longer. They change their dye a lot. I have heard from friends that violent night stays much longer. They did conditioning masks to leach out the color. It will be easier to cover the remains of amethyst with brown and black will cover both. I would definitely avoid going from black to pastels. To use these colors your already going to have bleached your hair. Could you do it, yes but like you said it will be a taxing thing to do. If you don't mind wigs you could just buy a pastel wig and stay black.
When it comes to red/blue toned, it does not matter as much as cool or warm toned. Both blues and reds can be both when it comes to unnatural colors. Amethyst is warm and Violet is cool. Most stores that sell Manic Panic have the little plastic hair swatches. See how it looks against your wrist. You may end up wanting to use both in a blend or gradation.
>>
>>8825555
The fact that you think this is an acceptable answer only shows how shit you are at your job.

Your job is to do hair. That includes knowing how to deal with hair that has been processed by people who do it at home. If your only answer is to turn them away, it is a lack in your skill. And all of your friends skills. Obviously you have to be careful but avoiding it because you are scared is a sign of someone who is lacking that skill.

Also you act like a license says something. It isnt 30k or anywhere close, it is something people who barely graduated highschool can get into and most classes are focused on passing the test which is like all tests just a means to an end. Having a license means you did the bare minimum.
>>
I box dyed my hair a few days ago, and it's okay but I want to go get it done professionally next time. I was wondering how long I should wait between box dye and professional coloring?
>>
>>8826142
Check for split ends, tons of tangles is a sign of damage. Use a deep conditioner but also put your hair up. if your hair is longish at all then having it out will tangle it as the wind will mess it up.
>>
>>8826305
From experience I found that manic panic got out easier. I use plum a lot and my hair is blue for like eveeerr. But mp faded out after a few washes.
>>
>>8827226
I find hair tangle easier from mid shaft splits, where it begins to lock together like velcro and pulling the tangles apart makes it worse, creating a vicious cycle. Search and destroy is better than just lopping off the ends and hoping all of your hair benefits from it. I can spend 7 hours going through my whole head (thick hair) but it makes/had made a world of difference, and my mother used to be obsessive about trimming my ends only.
>>
>>8827222
Current beauty school student here, actually the price is 30k for my classes. And it's not something people who barely graduated highschool get into. it's a lot of biology, fractions, and chemical science. most of the people who are in beauty school were also in honors and AP classes.
>>
>>8827192
Seriously. I'm >>8813112 and I literally got it done a day after my post.
>>
File: Untitled1.png (443 KB, 1743x1050) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
443 KB, 1743x1050
>>8827272
I am assuming your not in the US. Because these numbers are before financial assistance.

Good luck with your classes. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.

Part of the reason the other person isn't coming across as believable is that they don't seem to have the knowledge of skill sets learned in modern day beauty school. Beauty school is no joke and is hard work.

Good luck again Anon.
>>
File: coiffure-romantique-headband-1.png (696 KB, 705x486) Image search: [Google]
coiffure-romantique-headband-1.png
696 KB, 705x486
Does anybody have some pictures of cute, short-ish hairstyles that have far side parts? I have trich and a large bald spot from pulling that I hide by parting my hair far on the side and brushing it over the spot. It makes me sad not being able to do hime cuts.

Pic related, that sort of "far" part.
>>
>>8827447
Those are numbers before they calculate in the price of the kit they give you, the books, heads, uniform shirts, and which course. all schools have multiple courses

i'm actually in California, my tuition is 30k with Hair and make up, also advanced academy, part of the tuition fee goes towards the price of taking the licensing test, which is upwards of $200, plus the kit for taking the test since you can't bring your personal tools.

they state a low price on the site to get you to sign up with the school then hit you with a shit ton of fees. You also have to pay the school for any hours that you miss while taking classes
>>
>>8827192
She won't post a time stamp cause she's lying
>>
>>8827223
Three weeks to a month should be fine if your hair is in decent condition, as long as you're staying at the same level and not trying to go lighter. Otherwise, 6 weeks would probably be a safer bet.
>>
>>8824308
I've heard similar sentiments from other stylists. I went to PMTS, and it seemed like I always had a color DIY-er in my chair while I was in school. My instructors were great with teaching us how to deal with "box dye" clients early on. As long as they're willing to go through a few months of corrective color services, haircuts, and conditioning treatments, it certainly can be done. As much as I hate drug store color, it makes me a lot of money in color corrections. Maybe take a few color classes to catch up on new techniques/technology? The industry has really evolved lately.
>>
Seems relevant to the thread so, any wig store recomentions? I wanted to get a blonde bohemian long wig from lockshop but they're sold out. Where can I find something similar? Thanks, I need to cover my hideous hair
>>
>>8825555
you are so fucking dumb.
>>
>>8827272
>most of the people who are in beauty school were also in honors and AP classes.

Yeah fucking right.

>>8827767
There's a wig thread in the catalog, anon.
>>
File: seal.png (191 KB, 365x266) Image search: [Google]
seal.png
191 KB, 365x266
>>8815230

This is only my personal experience and I have not that much knowledge with hair, so take this with a grain of salt.

About 4 months ago I decided to try the no shampoo route since so many people were raving about it. A couple weeks before I completely started I tried to use only a little shampoo near my scalp and condition the ends of my hair. I did the no shampoo for 3 months while very occasionally (maybe once to twice a month) doing a baking soda and vinegar wash. Which by the way I've heard mixed opinions on whether this is good or bad for your hair. Personally my hair was very soft after these washes but I found it a little drying out. The rest of the days my hair was slightly greasy looking, like maybe I hadn't showered for a day or two, but not a complete oil pit. Generally Id try to just wash my hair with water.

Overall I sort of gave up the really dry hair or slightly oily hair routine and returned back to small amounts of shampoo and using conditioner. What I did find however is that my hair grew abnormally fast while I did this. Both my family and people I only saw once a week noticed and would remark about how fast my hair was growing. This is literally the only time in my life I've had these types of remarks made to me. I'm not sure what it was about it, maybe not dumping weird chemicals onto my head but my hair really "liked" it while I did this.

I have lots of hair but my hair strands themselves are thin, and I have natural soft waves.
>>
>>8827226
I have long hair. About the bra lock lenght. The rasta-like tangles apear usualy in the zone behind my neck. Next time I visit my hairdresser I'll ask about a conditioner and to check for split hair.

Thanks for everything. And sorry for my potato english.
>>
>>8825555
This is what my salon gets a lot of their money from. I've had it done after box color. The only thing they turn away is henna. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
Has this been posted yet? Love the romantic/ messy up do look. http://youtu.be/nN7RpfLBNSM
>>
Any good suggestions for a black hair dye that won't completely fuck my hair? I have waist length, wavy hair and don't want to mess with it too much if possible.
>>
>>8830437
Try amla and indigo.
>>
File: 1175324_1359641380287_full.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1175324_1359641380287_full.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
is there any way to get this hairstyle without asking someone & having to show them this picture? I have the right cut for it, but I can't figure out how to get this style. I have super curly hair so I straighten it, but it's always too flat to look this cute.
>>
>>8830984
You need to heat style it (probably blow dry over a round brush) after you straighten it.
>>
>>8825094
whatever you do, make sure your eyebrows go better with your hair than in that pic.
>>
>>8818046
you're cute please remove Umaru-chan
>>
>>8832109
I know, the unnatural hair-natural eyebrows thing has been bothering me for a while and I honestly don't know how to approach it at this point. guess I can try toning with a brow pencil..? (advice would be appreciated)

thanks to everyone above about the manic panic vs directions advice! I think I might go for directions because of availability, and I would still like it to stay in for a bit longer than 2 weeks.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.