[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instagram Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 27
File: unnamed.png (146 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
146 KB, 300x300
Share your favourites, your own (if you want), etc. Jfash & Cosplay welcome.
>>
I'll start. I'd rather not share mine (it's really boring right now), but some favs are:

>taharakeiko
>kammiepomeranian
>mariedauphine
>bububun
>>
Opened my app, here's some lolitas I follow:

>kiaryou
>rabbitcodetta
>positori
>nyxdyes
>chromatic_intoxication
>yanii47
>beescuit05
>baaohaan
>canudoitcat
>choconokecha
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-14-15-46.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-14-15-46.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Oh yay, ive been waiting for one of these threads.
I'm looking to follow more lolitas, and i usually f4f.

My account name is snackysnad. I post my outfits and things i eat. https://www.instagram.com/snackysnad/
>>
What tags do you guys use for coords and other Lolita stuff? I'm really conscious about not putting many tags on posts, but also it's weird to take what I think is a pretty nice photo of something (dress details, coord accessories etc) and it gets maybe 5 notes even though I use eglcommunity, lolitafashion and the brand tags.
>>
>>8807023
baaohaan's insta is so perfect, it makes me feel bad about posting random shit on mine.
>>
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 640x988) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 640x988
Mine's majokkolivia, I f4f seagulls! I promise I post pretty often, I just tend to delete my posts when I find photos I like more because I don't like spamming any one cosplay too much. I'm trying to stop doing that, though.
>>
File: _20160110_155424.jpg (212 KB, 720x953) Image search: [Google]
_20160110_155424.jpg
212 KB, 720x953
I mainly post ootd photos, cosplay progress and photos, things I make, and food or games. I don't usually post quite so many games as this.

My ig is pj_hime. Let's be ig friends?
>>
File: IMG_20160110_170247.jpg (558 KB, 1080x1622) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160110_170247.jpg
558 KB, 1080x1622
>>teapartylikearockstar
Mostly coord shots and pics from meets.
>>
>>8807047
I also post the dresses name or specific items name or brand like Lotv. But most importantly i wish more people tagged their dresses. There are so many dresses i own that dont have any worn photos on insta, tumblr amebo ect and its so frustrating.
>>
>>8807047
Why be sparing with your tags? As long as they are all relevant I don't see a problem with being thorough with your tags
>>
What photo editing apps do you guys use? I've been using Meitupic and Photogrid. Any apps with nice layouts for collages or nice borders?
>>
>>8807175
Have you tried allis? It was formerly LINE camera.
>>
>>8807175
I use Ailis (formerly Line Camera) and Meitupic for editing, and Moldiv for collages.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-18-06-34.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-18-06-34.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
I'm r4miel on ig, almost always f4f! Occasional lolita + ootds, my cat, food, etc.
>>
>>8807172
I'm exactly the same as >>8807047 and I just feel like any more than 3 is tacky. I don't want my irl friends to think I'm obsessed with efame, but at the same time I get maybe 5 likes on pictures that would get loads on other accounts and it's upsetting because I want to feel like I'm actually participating in the community. I like plenty of things by others.
>>
>>8807193
Just give in to your inner fame whore. Once you accept that you're hungry for attention, everything becomes easier.
>>
>>8807213
No.
>>
>>8807047
All I can think of is perhaps your photo is not as nice as YOU think it is and/or you're taking pics of items nobody really cares to see.
>>
>>8807193
People aren't going to find your photos on their own unless they are already getting a ton of likes. You either have to use tags or engage a lot of people by commenting and liking on their pictures. Once you get a critical mass of people liking your photos, then they will start getting suggested by Instagram to other users and people will find you through their Following notifications.
>>
>>8807193
I never tag with more than 4 and get pleanty of likes. A lot of the time I just tag with lolitafashion and get 30+ likes. What's more likely is that your coord and photo are not particularly amazing.
>>
>>8807193
>>8807172
>>8807047

Tag your coords! It's incredibly helpful to be able to find coordinates by looking up the print name. Instagram is an excellent resource for worn photos.
>>
>>8807193
nice entitlement
tag your pics or don't get likes. pick one.

maybe your pics are just shit.
>>
I used to follow a few of those cosplay sharing accounts, but noticed they keep sharing the same 8-12 cosplayers and photographers. Annoying, since you can't exactly say your doing the community a favor if its pretty much the same people over and over again.
>>
File: 16-01-10-19-58-50-248_deco.jpg (2 MB, 1435x1920) Image search: [Google]
16-01-10-19-58-50-248_deco.jpg
2 MB, 1435x1920
>>8807168
>I also post the dresses name or specific items name or brand like Lotv.

As the designer of Lotv I want to truly thank you for doing that. It's both very thoughtful and helpful for a small indie brand.

Since I've revealed myself I might as well post mine as well! I'm Lotvdesigns on IG an I mostly post lolita, nature (lots of mushrooms), and photos of custom orders.
>>
>>8807193
How many followers do you have though? Maybe you just need some more practice. Check out jasonlaboy, edwardfotography, wordofhsl, adventmonk and rongejon and learn from their awesome techniques to improve your game
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 640x1136
robestpierre
mostly selfies in cosplay and occasionally lolita/jfash
>>
>>8807282
really? No mineralblu or kayhettin?
>>
>>8807282
Thank you anon. I'm talking about detail shots and stuff for lolita so I'm going to take your advice differently by instead really dissecting the images by popular IG lolitas. I already know my camera isn't amazing but there must be other things I'm missing.
>>
File: insta.jpg (58 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
insta.jpg
58 KB, 480x800
yummahumma
I post drawings, coords and flowers that I find.
Looking forward to following fellow seagulls!
>>
>>8807193
it's a mix of things, also need to choose the right tags. i always choose weird / small tags cause i'm looking for specific people with similar interests,
>>
>>8807281
No problem. I love seeing what they do with your designs especially stuff they have custom made! I hope more people start tagging it.

>>8807047
Also maybe follow more people? I dont have many followers maybe 2-300 and i follow around 500 so but from #lolitafashion,the brand name and the name piece im wearing i at least get 25-30 likes. granted those who do follow me are probably 70% lolitas because i keep it separate from my personal instagram
>>
File: image.jpg (258 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258 KB, 640x1136
Devilorns

I post cosplay stuff mostly and ootds
>>
Do you gulls post your lolita/cosplay photos on one Instagram account along with your personal stuff? Or do you have a separate account just for that?
>>
>>8807603
I have a totally separate instagram for my cosplay/loli stuff. I share it to my tumblr, but not my facebook. The people Im friends with on FB are just a different crowd and most arent into cosplay or lolita.
>>
>>8807603
I save my personal stuff for facebook, it's not even that interesting anyway.
>>
>>8807603
Lolita is my clothes, it's just one account for me.
>>
Gonna add all y'all
My insta is alovelyspring.
Please excuse my newbie-ness. I am following that lolita challenge to get more into the fashion.

>>8807603
My insta is both... I'm pretty new with posting fashion things and I did not see a point in making a separate one.

Plus I keep it separate from FB, like another anon said, my friends on FB are not the type to understand my cooky fashion tastes.
>>
>>8807603
I wear lolita and himekaji. It's mostly outfit shots, selfies, cat pictures and I only have one. All my friends and family are aware of what I look like, it's not some secret? They don't have to like it/follow but plenty do.
>>
So if someone follows you and their account is private, would you follow them back? Why do people make their IG private? Most people I know who are set to private accept all requests to follow anyways.
>>
>>8807691
Followed bc dune
>>
>>8807930
I wouldn't.
I like knowing right away if I will like the content instead of waiting and then wondering why I'm seeing flat booty pics on my feed.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-11-12-17-23.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-11-12-17-23.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
>thelordcommander

I post mostly cosplay stuff and con adventurers
>>
>>8807603
I only have one account and it's full of all my hobbies (books, knitting, bjd, lolita) all instagrams are full of the persons hobbies. I follow family, friends and coworkers whos intrest vary from knife collecting, bug collecting, music, art, guns, cars etc. I'm not sure why I should have an instagram just for my hobbies seperate from the rest of my life? One of my favorite instagrams is my coworkers who has a fascination with miniature cats. Despite it not being my thing, i enjoy seeing her collection etc. We follow each other because we ware about each other and want to see each other lifes not nessesarily because we are in to the dame things. I think you're setting yourself up for a miserable life if you can't connect with people outside of your own interests.
>>
>>8808451
>think you're setting yourself up for a miserable life if you can't connect with people outside of your own interests.

I think you're underestimating the amount of autism on this board. people here have a hard time even liking an outfit outside of their own style. and like typical autist theyre not even intrested in having a conversation outside of their own intrests.

the autism likely effects their social networking profiles. Their inability to relate leaves them thinking others are the same as them. With them thinking that because they dont care about so and so's hobby, she doesnt care to see about mine.

personally the idea of having a separate IG for your hobbies and another for your "personal life" is odd. since for most their personal lives ARE their hobbies. I'm not sure what an IG outside of my hobbies would even consist of.
>>
>>8808451
>I think you're setting yourself up for a miserable life if you can't connect with people outside of your own interests.

I agree, the quickest way to drive a wedge between friends and family is hiding/not discussing your interests. IG has really made me closer to the people around me. I feel like Facebook is just for shitposting memes now. Most of my friends are more active on instagram. I follow a couple of coworkers and we've really become friends because of it I believe. Even though we are in to different things it gives us better insight in to each other and provides something to talk about.

>>8808527
I think it's more than just that. Kids today have never had a social networking site that is so personal and public at the same time. They didn't live through the era of MySpace where you had all your friends and a bunch of random people you think are cool and internet friends. They are most likely used to their Facebook containing their family and IRL friends and a tumblr to connect with strangers with common ground. The idea of both in one is new to them.

>I'm not sure what an IG outside of my hobbies would even consist of.

Yeah unless your idea of personal posts are booty shots I'm not sure why it should be kept separate. Aside from selfies, and "went out with @myfuckingfriend/family/boyfriend" most IG post are hobby related I think.

Even my most absolutely boring friends with nothing to post except, selfies memes and pics of their baby post outfit shots/ootd like once a month. I don't think my outfits deserve a separate instagram just because they're kinda crazy.
>>
>>8808433
Stop while you're ahead.
>>
>>8808511

Those are really sad breasts, did you get a bad bra fitting? 2nd one down far left, what happened?
>>
>>8807603
I have two seperate accounts, one for my lolita/otome and the other for my costuming/cosplay.

>>8807930
I don't follow back if the account is private. I don't have to patience to wait and see if it is content I would enjoy seeing on my feed
>>
>>8807603
mine are on the same account which is why I don't feel comfortable posting as its not always jfash related.
>>
>someonefromrussia
>walnuttcookie
>duchessduvet
>merusinn
>artdunoir
>rinne_rinneru
>ganimata_senpai (more otome but I love her stuff)
>>
>>8810106
you must be 18 to use 4ch
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
Mine is @mothchildcosplay
It was a personal account five years ago when I first made it however I recently went back and deleted a bunch of old stuff. But since I picked back up after a two year (?) break, a lot of my followers are inactive or just don't care about my posts anymore.
I'd love to follow more seagulls! My feed is kinda dead.
>>
What hashtags do you guys use?

I see a lot of people using #cosplayilluminati and #thecosplayalliance lately to increase their hits
>>
>>8807930
I have a private insta because I'm just a private person, I only allow irl friends to follow me. I just don't want random people to see what I post, since I post a lot of personal stuff in between the cosplay pics. I guess for a lot of people it defeats the point of cosplaying but idk /shrug
I followed almost everyone in this thread because ya'll total cuties.
>>
>>8808527
You need to say what you actually mean instead of just using the word autism in its place.
>>
File: 2016-01-11 18.52.33.png (2 MB, 975x1668) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11 18.52.33.png
2 MB, 975x1668
I'm nyanlolita23cosplay on Instagram. Normally I post my cosplay stuff, but I get OT sometimes too.
>>
>>8811679
Do you even know what autism is? Autism effects a persons ability to connect with other people, and obsessive interest are quite common. It's quite normal for an autist to have no interest or even the ability to hold a conversation outside of their obsessions. With that in mind, I understood perfectly what was said, what exactly are you confused about?
>>
File: image1.png (907 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image1.png
907 KB, 640x1136
Recently I've been posting a lot of Japanese culture and food, and my kimono coords. I usually try to include a description and information for my followers who don't know about j-culture and wafuku. Regularly I post more nature, plants, my pets, other hobbies, etc
>>
>>8807044
>>8807288

You have to stop being so cute, I'm jealous.

>>8807281

I like your mushroom photos, I photograph mushrooms as well. I'm >>8812176

Do you ever collect and eat them? I want to but I feel like my identification skills aren't good enough yet, so I'm a little scared.
>>
>>8812176
I love your aesthetic,
Following!
>>
>>8807532
> I hope more people start tagging it.
Me to! Ha-ha

>>8812182
>
I like your mushroom photos, I photograph mushrooms as well. I'm >>8812176 #

Do you ever collect and eat them? I want to but I feel like my identification skills aren't good enough yet, so I'm a little scared.
Your IG is so pretty, most certainly followed!

I also don't think my identification skills are good enough to be confident to eat wild mushrooms either. I also don't exactly love eating mushrooms. If I did I'd start with a puffball Mushroom as their poisoness look-a-likes are pretty easy to check for.
>>
I'll bite:

Zhu_zhu05

I just started it last night ha-ha. I'll postmore j- fashion and some dance related stuff as well.
>>
instagram.com/vrogy/

Mostly 3D modeling, printing, props and costume parts. Sporadic updates, narrow focus.

Right now I have a Halo flood spartan suit, Fallout weapons and armor, and some random commissions pending.
>>
>>8812176
you look so angry in all your mirror shots
>>
Still trying to figure out the best tags for lolita/jfash ootds, anyone got any pointers?
>>
>>8814810
>for lolita
>eglcommunity
>lolitafashion

For jfash, most people seem to use the general jfashion tag, and then tag the brands they're wearing. There doesn't seem to just be an overall jfash ootd tag.
>>
Are you all less likely to follow someone if their insta doesn't have a theme/consistent aesthetic? For example, if they post lots of stuff unrelated to the things you followed them for.
>>
>>8814823
I don't mind as long as the unrelated stuff doesn't become 90% of what they post or if they don't post a load of it in quick succession as to make it most of my ig feed. I guess I'm pretty lax about it because I know that I'm prone to posting off-theme stuff.
>>
>>8807288
I can't stand your face
>>
>>8814855
Don't be ugly AND bitter, anon. One or the other.
>>
>>8812034
Yikes. That's only some autistic people. There's an entire spectrum. It's also not an easy diagnosis and takes lots of testing. You can't just assume people have it based on general assumptions.
My friends brother is fully autistic and has to live in a home and has zero capability to even have normal human recognition. When you look him in the eyes he looks past you kind of thing.
The other anon was using a definition of autism that was coined by 4chan. I'm not confused, I'm asking them to use a term like NEET or something instead if they can't actually explain what they mean and have to fall on track crutch of using 4chan memes that give unnecessary additional meanings to words.
>>
>>8807080
Just followed, your Nozomi cosplay is so adorable!
>>
>>8814855
You must be ugly because she's cute as fuck.
>>
>>8807390
Already following you but your art is so wonderful and really inspires me to practice more!
>>
>>8814887
Thank you so much anon! This is probably the most kindest things someone has said to me about my drawings. Please keep drawing! Keep drawing every day! Keep it up but make sure you enjoy the fruits of your efforts and find what makes you happy about drawing!

Cgl has helped me alot especially in terms of drawing as I think I've finally overcome a major art slump I had all last year. Thank you cgl.
>>
>>8814879
Aah thanks!
>>
My instagram is @TheBombCosplay :^D
i don't know if anyone will really like my stuff but a girl can try eh?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-15-21-26-25.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-15-21-26-25.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Username is Cinemasocks. I mostly post art and pictures of food and cats.
>>
>>8815170
Was following you already but I like your art, your cat and your wardrobe.
>>
>>8815261
Thanks!
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 640x847) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 640x847
@usotsukisuki I post 90% outfit/makeup shots inspired by Japanese neo street style and visual kei, looking for people into the same things to follow~ (I'm also going to be posting cosplay once con season really hits.)
>>
Bump bc i want to follow more people
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-16-21-39-09.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-16-21-39-09.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
Instagram.com/luiaards

>mori-kei mostly
>>
File: 2016-01-16 22.54.25.jpg (1004 KB, 1069x1842) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-16 22.54.25.jpg
1004 KB, 1069x1842
RoyalRoses

I'd love to follow some dutch people!
>>
>>8813806
yeah, that's just the way my face looks. people tell me i look angry/sad all the time when i'm just feeling normal.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-17-16-19-17.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-17-16-19-17.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
Just followed bunch of you!

I post 1-2 weekly, mostly of otome, lolita and my cat.

>tyrianjubilee
>>
>>8814869
??? You're definitely very confused.

What was said was explained perfectly well, I'm not sure where you get the idea that she didn't explain what she meant if you're not confused about what was said. Being a NEET has nothing to do with what she's talking about. So again, what exactly are you confused about?
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1242x2208
Lolita, makeup and other misc stuff.

Ig: gwynium
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-17-02-23-02.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-17-02-23-02.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
Some personal stuff but mostly cats and progress shots/makeup tests! I like new friends
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
Mine's giorgiacostumier - trying to make it into the costume industry by starting my own brand, have WIP photos and how-I-made-it descriptions of costumes from theatrical and fashion shows, runway events and fashion stuff like millinery and dressmaking, as well as the occasional cosplay.

Basically just a sewing nerd.
>>
>>8816931
Are you seriously trying to argue there isn't a perception of autism that is incorrect on 4chan?
Do you only come to /cgl/ or something.
>>
>>8817460
Holy shit you actual autist, no one cares. Stop derailing.
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 750x1334
Russian cosplayer, craft and other stuff.
>>
>>8817460
What? Wtf are you talking about? Where are you getting this from?
Sage because this is stupid.
>>
Do you guys have separate instagrams for your hobbies (lolita, cosplay, photography, gaming etc) instead of just posting it all on one page?
>>
>>8821238 see >>8807603
>>
>>8817535
This. This is what I'm talking about

>>8817720
Okay, so you don't leave this board?
It's pretty well known that everyone just likes to call each other autists on this site. ..
>>
>>8821382
Nobody is arguing anything and you're an absolute moron.
>>
File: 1.jpg (149 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
149 KB, 720x1280
Natural-Kei, lolita, my cat and some other things. I dont post personal stuff a lot but I don't have a set aesthetic either.
>>
File: image.jpg (571 KB, 1236x1965) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
571 KB, 1236x1965
mine is @princessjelllyfish (with three l's because princessjellyfish was taken) I post my cosplay, selfies, and other miscellaneous things
>>
>>8821418
>had to resort to name calling
Okay dude
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.