[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I get into cosplay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Do I just head to conventions in a costume?

I don't know anyone to go with, should I just show up by myself?
Do i need to create a costume from scratch or can I buy one online?
Is it an accepting community and will i quickly meet people who will help me understand it more?
>>
You need to sacrifice your first-born on the night of a full moon at an orifice located due east from you. Only then you you truly become a cosplayer.
>>
Just be yourself man.
>>
>>8806007
>scratch or can I buy one online?
>Is it an accepting community and will i quickly meet people who will help me understand it more?
LOL. No.
>>
How do you get into any hobby? Just do it. Cosplay is just putting on a costume of a character. Some people have higher standards with craftsmanship and will like to make their on shit, while others will prioritize the more model/actor aspect and buy their shit.

And yes, you can show up by yourself. Why wouldn't you be?
>>
>>8806007
It is a very harsh community for the most part. You WILL be judged. But don't worry too much if your first cosplay is trash; everybody starts at the bottom.
>>
Honestly everyone is super judgemental, I'm trash and I'm like the most critical person I know ( usually about myself desu.) but I found it quite easy to make friends? In terms of mAking friends don't just walk up to the big league 50k follower people, talk to a few people ( groups for the series you're cosplaying as is great, I made my first friends at a marvel shoot and as I became more known of in my comm I didn't need to go to said meets more to network.)
>>
Cgl scared me into thinking the whole cosplay scene was really judgemental, but unless you're Yaya or Nigri, no one really gives a shit.
>>
>>8806007
If you cosplay, even something super simple, people will love you. You usually don't need to know people there, it is usually easy to meet people when you are in cosplay.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 363x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 363x355
If this your first time DONT HALF ASS YOUR COSPLAY. i was lucky the first time i tried to make a cheap costume that it was only in my neighborhood during halloween.
>>
>>8806007

>Do I just head to conventions in a costume?

Pretty much

>I don't know anyone to go with, should I just show up by myself?

Sure, why not?

>Do i need to create a costume from scratch or can I buy one online?

Buying a costume is frowned upon, generally. However, buy elements or parts generally isn't.

For example: Buying a Power Ranger costumes is a no. But buying a leather coat to play Tony Stark isn't. Usually.

>Is it an accepting community and will i quickly meet people who will help me understand it more?

No and No. But, good helpful people are out there. People who don't help aren't worth your time, obviously.

>>8807389

What this guy said, don't half ass. Pick some thing simple to start. your first costume won't be Ironman.

Read, read, read. They are communities out there: The RPF, the 501st, the 405th. Youtube is your friend.

Good luck.
>>
>>8806007

>>8806851
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.