[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In your honest opinion, how long do you think lolita will last?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: WP_GiftsGiven_1024x768.jpg (508 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WP_GiftsGiven_1024x768.jpg
508 KB, 1024x768
In your honest opinion, how long do you think lolita will last? I want to get serious about it and start buying,coording,etc. But I see how dead /cgl/ and alot of blogs are now, it almost feels like a barren hobbie. Is it worth getting into at this point? Give me some hope, but really just give me your honest opinion.
>>
>>8803491
Honestly? If you love it, go for it. I don't think the community is dying, people are just scattered across so many different platforms that it's hard to get a good idea of how active the wider community is. A lot of people use Facebook groups as well which is almost impossible to keep track of.

The community is probably more active than ever. Do you have a local comm or anything?
>>
Cgl is just a slow board compared to others but it's not "dead". Blogs are dead because a lot of lolitas moved to Facebook.
Lolita is hardly "barren" you just should research more desu
>>
>>8803494
Forgot to say, I don't know how long Lolita will last, but I don't think we'll see a death in the next 10 years, at least. It's a pretty strong fashion and the brands that cater to it are putting out more than ever.
>>
>>8803491
Alot of blogs ended and cgl being slow is:
1. Everyone in is school(college/highschool)
2. Some lolita's don't those who try toget "efame", so many will stop blogs cause of hate/stalkers

But dude go for it if you want, i'm in two comms and both are extremely active i find myself every other weekend in lolita for some damn kind of meet, or just for the fuck of it.
>>
Sometimes I feel like the fashion is reaching the point where the quality goes really downhill. All subcultures get that.
>>
>>8803491
lolita is here to stay. lolita events grow in size and multiply each year. Asian brands are finding new ways to expand into foreign markets as well.
>>
I honestly think lolita is just getting started. We're seeing more releases than ever, both from big name brands, and indie brands. There are hundreds of stores that carry a huge variety of loliables, from purely accessories, to dresses, to blouses, shoes, coats, etc. The online community may seem less active, but it's mainly because, like >>8803494 said, we're so scattered around. Most comms are very private, so you can't really judge how active they are until you attend a meet for yourself.
>>
It's more active than ever. Some facebook pages have over 10000 members. My own comm has about 500. Huge international meets have popped up with hundreds in attendance. Egl and livejournal are dead just because the site has lost its popularity and its members have scattered on tumblr, instagram and facebook. When I started with lolita you had maybe 5 lolita threads on cgl at the same time and now they make up half.
>>
File: 1450727612183.jpg (127 KB, 650x530) Image search: [Google]
1450727612183.jpg
127 KB, 650x530
OP here thanks gulls, this makes me feel very appy to hear. I was just concerned since I haven't been ere in 3 years and it's pretty different.
>>
>>8803491
Did you mean to post this image in /tg/? I'm not sure what the Gifts Kami has to do with Lolita
>>
>>8803605
yea my lolita folder is right next to mtg lel
>>
>>8803621
that's probably the weirdest mishap I've seen on this site.
>>
Lolita is still growing for sure, I say this cause I've been interested in lolita since the early 2000's and it's so much more common now then it was back then, now there are stores in the states and so forth. So no need to worry. I don't know when it will "die" but as long as you like to wear something it doesn't really matter.
>>
How new are you? This gets asked every year.
>>
>>8803491
This is what stopped me from buying shit 5 years ago... And look how popular it is now, I wish I would've gone for it. Don't blow every penny , but don't be afraid of losing money, either. It's worth it for the joy it brings me
>>
>>8803491
If you like the fashion, it shouldn't matter if it's "dead" or not unless you're specifically aiming to get into communities.
>>
If you are planning to get into a fashion by just gauging how popular it is then it seems like you are going into it for the wrong reasons.

Make a pros and cons list and see how much you actually want to do it.
>>
>>8804745
Thats not it. I don't want to spend time and money for a fashion won't be able to wear everyday, I want to make sure there is enough great people, communites and events to do this in.
>>
>>8805037
You're still looking for other people to validate it for you.
>>
>>8805047
Stop being so critical. She just wants to be able to share things she enjoys with other people. There's nothing wrong with having access to a community for a hobby you'd like to pursue being a deciding factor.
>>
>>8806130
>>8805037

I had the impression OP was trying to figure out if she's throwing money on dresses she can't resell, since lolita = dead = nobody left to buy dresses that didn't work out for her.

I have to admit, the idea of trying to get into lolita based on whether there's cool people in it or not is kind of, well, misguided. It's very alive and kicking, certainly, but lolitas are still very small in number. There's no guarantee there's any lolita comms near OP, no guarantee the lolita comm near OP is pleasant at all, and take a look at cgl, girls are happy to post to the ita thread, the nitpick thread, take apart coords from cof, and so on. In particular, they're quick to hate girls whom they perceive as attentionwhores, or being in it for the e-fame. Any time a lolita meets a stranger they're just as likely to shun perceived creepers and attentionwhores as they are to extend the hand of friendship, so it's a complete tossup whether she makes any friends even if she dresses in lolita and reaches out to lolita comms, online or offline.

I'm with the other anon. You want to take a long, hard look at why you want to do lolita, and whether or not you can still do it even if you don't find any friends or nobody pays any attention to you. Otherwise you're sinking a lot of money in pretty dresses only to be dissappointed and have to sell them off when you don't get the attention you want. Maybe find your local lolita comm and meet them first, see if you even want to have tea with them in the first place, before committing to any purchases.
>>
>>8803491
It's very much alive. Probably more alive then ever and growing more and more steam as it goes. I'm sure it will be around for a very long time. It's slowly working its way into most cultures that it's getting easier and easier to get ahold of. I think that as long as Japan exists, Lolita will exist.
>>
>>8804745
+1
>>
>>8805047
Remember, no one is truly autonomous.
>>
It doesn't matter if it dies, it depends if you like it. Do whatever makes you happy even if no one els you know is into it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.