[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skincare Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: skincare ingredients.png (727 KB, 696x1166) Image search: [Google]
skincare ingredients.png
727 KB, 696x1166
New Skincare Thread, old one is in autosage >>8744153

What are some of your favorite sheet masks?
>>
>>8801724
My sister got me the 12 (?) pack of the tonymoly sheet masks for Christmas and oh god they leave my skin so soft
PS collagen applied topically or ingested doesn't do shit, the molecules are too long to be absorbed and will just sit on the surface of your skin or be broken down by your stomach, the only way to get collagen is through injection. Save your money
>>
File: 1452178617858.jpg (199 KB, 943x690) Image search: [Google]
1452178617858.jpg
199 KB, 943x690
Asked in the last thread as it was already in auto-sage, but has anyone used Shiseido's Future Solution lx line? If so, any thoughts on it? I have fairly sensitive, combination skin and usually use a combination of Missha and the Face Shop products, but I received pic related as a gift.
>>
>>8801724
I've tried a lot of sheet masks. Innisfree It's Real and My Beauty Diary masks are my favourites. The worst are The Face Shop and Benton snail bee masks.
>>
So I'm just starting out, haven't even made my first purchase yet, and I just wanted to know what you would recommend as far as cheap and effective goes? Where do you guys usually shop? As far as online stores go.
>>
>have normal skin, acne once in awhile
>take small course of steroids to help overcome violent allergic reaction
>have horrific break out all over chest and neck
>become a hermit
just a big fucking FYI, if you're a lady and take steroids for whatever reason it can cause really bad acne that hangs around for a few weeks. didn't know that before taking the steroids.
>>
I think I'm about to take a plunge and do a Garden of Wisdom haul soon-- some of their masks sound delightful. Particularly interested in their oat enriched gel (my skin loves oats!), "restore my rosey glow" mask, diamond dust exfoliating gel, and the Rhassoul clay.

The rosey glow mask sounds so lovely and lolita-life-esque. I just imagine relaxing in a strawberry and rose scented bubble bath, with a rose mask on, and petals floating in the water.

Probably will also grab some anti-acne stuff, since I still get the occasional, irritating whitehead, and would like to find my HG spot treatment.
>>
>>8801724
I've used 3W Clinic Coenzyme Q10 masks 4 times and while it's not amazing I can say it's refreshing and calming and somehow... stretching?
>>
>>8801900
Depends on what your skin issues are. From the last thread, my basic recommended regime to start treating acne would be:
Cerave cleanser/Cetaphil for sensitive skin
Thayers witch hazel toner
Spot treatment for active acne/zits (e.g. benzoyl peroxide, neosporin, adapalene)
Cosrx BHA power liquid (buy online, beautykoreanet or a shop recommended by the asianbeauty Reddit)
Aloe vera gel to moisturize (try for a really high percentage of aloe with minimal additives, brand is unimportant)
>>
>>8801938
Mainly an oily T-zone and some acne, previously, I was only using an aveeno foaming cleanser. I'm also looking for something for dark circles.
>>
>>8799625
Aha, okay! I just wanted to know before I actually buy a bottle.

Current routine:
>Honey black tea cleansing cream.
>Black sugar lemon exfoliating mask ever second day.
>Peach sake pore serum.
>Peach sake emulsion.
>Then makeup (also all Skinfood aha what a shill.)

If I get the sleeping pack.. Do I use it every night? And should I do it after serum/emulsion, or directly after cleansing?
>>
>>8801873
Benton Snail Bee, really? That seems to be the HG mask for a lot of people.
>>
>>8802035
Oily skin anon, here. I'm gonna second >>8801938
reccomendation, that's the routine I started with and am currently using, though a bit tweaked. Try to avoid foaming cleansers because they are overly drying and just make your skin more oily. If you get a BHA, wait a bit, as in at least a few weeks, before introducing it because you want your skin to get used to the new routine.
>>
Hi guys, my dermatologist decided to put me on birth control today to help my hormonal acne. The only breakouts I seem to be getting anymore are bad flare ups around my period.
I'm a bit confused by how bc works. I just got over my period yesterday, and it says that I should start taking the pills the Sunday after/when I get my period? So would that be this upcoming Sunday, or the Sunday when I next get my period?
Sorry, this is a bit confusing to me. Anything I should look out for while on this too? I've heard from some people to just do a bit more cardio when I can because there can be weight gain.
>>
File: 20003957784.jpg (14 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
20003957784.jpg
14 KB, 150x150
Just finished 9 months on Accutane! Ask me anything, if you want.
>>
>>8802177
Honestly, anon, it doesn't matter. Just jump into them right now.
The timing only matters if you want them to act as a reliable contraceptive immediately. If you start taking them now you'd just have to wait ~7 days before you could trust them as a contraceptive.
If you're taking them primarily for your skin, no big deal.

>As far as other things to take note of..
Don't listen to the people who are going to tell you "You're just adjusting! Give it another 6 months!" if you start getting side effects or feeling 'off' about it. You know your body better than anyone else. If you go back to your doctor/GP/derma, they WILL help you find another pill until you have something that works for you.
>>
>>8802177
>>8802193
Oh, also, BC doesn't usually cause real weight/fat gain. It's just liquid retention/bloating. Avoid sodium where possible and it'll help.
>>
>>8802177
Basically the reason why they say sunday is to set it up so that you get your period on the weekdays not the weekend. It doesnt actually matter when you start, but that method is likely the most convenient. If you do not care then start whenever, if you want the sunday start it is this sunday.

>>8802193
It takes 3 months to adjust to medication, and some side effects are known to go away. This is how medication works, it takes time for your body to adjust, just as it will take time for people to get used to a new routine. No doctor will give you new medication if you are unwilling to actually let your body adjust.
>>
>>8801724
okay so i just bought a mask, a tonic, and a hydrator from GoW
I've really only been cleansing and moisturizing daily, so where do I fit all of these into my routine? Do i replace moisturizing with hydrating?
My skin is acne-prone due to hormones and i have an oily t-zone.
sorry for a question that is probably asked a lot but google is giving me different answers
>>
>>8802273
For you, mask occasionally -> cleanser -> tonic -> hydrator >moisturizer
>>
>>8802193
>>8802205
So, even though I won't get my period for another month, I should just start this week? I'm not going to be having sex anytime soon so I'm not worried about it as a contraceptive. So if I was going to use it as a contraceptive, it takes 7 days to kick in when you're not on your period?

My pill cases came with little stickers so if I didn't do a Sunday start, you just place down a new calender sticker and follow that, but I would prefer to start on a Sunday for convenience's sake.

I'm so sorry for all these dumb questions, it's confusing to me for some reason. It was a lot of info to take in, like if you skip a pill, you take two the next day but if you miss two or something in the third week you throw out the rest of that case and start a new one etc. I'm going to have to reread the instructions again a few times...
>>
>>8802198
that's not true, the hormones promote gain cause they think you're pregnant
>>
>>8802333
thankyou thankyou!
>>
Hey anons, my skin is super sensitive so I can barely use any new products on it without having a bad reaction. My routine is wash my face with warm water twice daily, and put on moisturizer and that's it. I have really dry skin, so I was wondering if there are moisturizing ones for sensitive skin you guys would recommend?

>tldr; sensitive skin, need deep moisturizer that won't cause problems but keep my skin hydrated
>>
>>8802484
no problem! for future reference, post cleanser, it's generally thinnest to thickest. (excluding spot treatment)
>>
>>8802187
>did your back hurt like hell
>did you get angry mood swings
>did your arms/legs crack and bleed
>what were your tactics for avoiding the sun
>>
>>8802187
Congrats, I hope your skin cleared up.

I've taken two sessions and my skin is still bad but not as horrible as it was before but I've learn to live with it now for the past three years.
>>
>>8801724
I've only really tried the Tony Moly It's Real sheet masks (moisture, clear skin, vitality) because one opened up near my hagwon and that shit was buy 10 get 10 free

they're pretty ok for 1000 won each
>>
>>8802165
I don't know about masks but their lotion is my favourite
I've also tried the essence but it's too sticky
>>
>>8801925
Yeah I've yet to go through my Syn-Ake masks. The fit is horrible, those masks are cut for fucking elephants
>>
>>8802193
>>8802205
it took me 5 months to get back any of my sex drive after when I first got on BC. your mileage *will* vary.

>>8802434
it takes around 7 days, yes. it's probably best to start on the first Sunday after your period has started - to not throw a complete curveball at your body - but that is honestly up to the exact meds you're on.
just follow the instructions and your doctor's orders, seagulls can't really diagnose you over the internet

>>8802622
on the off chance that you're in Europe, my mother has the same issue as you and she swears by this lotion called Essex. might want to look into it, northern Europe definitely has it but idk about west/south
>>
>>8802434
The sex part has nothing to do with your period. It's about when the pill protects you. For missing pills, it's like if you are off it too long you are not protected anymore. That is all. Only care when you are in that situation, it is more important to get on the taking of the pill first.
>>
>>8802860
No, it's pretty much exclusive to Nordic countries
>>
I bought a big pack of the Dermal masks and love them. I do full masks 3x a week, target area masks another 3 days. I love doing my nightly skin ritual. I diffuse lavender oil, listen to relaxing music. This is what I use:

TheFaceShop Rice cleansing oil first, then the foaming cleanser with my clairsonic.
If I missed any eye makeup, I will use either Lumene remover, or Simple Miceller water
Etude House Wonder Pore Freshener!
St. Ives Exfoliation pads (I was missing using an AHA)
SK-II Facial Essence
RoC maximum retinol Resurfacing treatment
Mizon Multi Functional Formula All In One Snail Repair Cream
If I need a sleep pack, I use the Moistful collagen pack by Etude House. Of course I don't use everything every night.

My masks are full sheet masks, smile line masks, masks that go around the entire mouth area, eye collagen patches, and lip patches.

You can introduce collagen to your skin using a micro needle tool. I've been using one for two years they're fabulous.
>>
>>8802434
actually on my pills package it says that if you forget a pill you have to take it as soon as you remember (or as soon as you can) EVEN if it means taking two the next day (like you check the package and see you forgot one) and that as long as the delay is not longer than 12 hours you should still be relatively safe
>>
>>8802864
shame, I know it goes down the Baltics too but it's produced in Greece so I had some hope.

>>8802881
+1, this is what mine says too
>>
>>8802740
>did your back hurt like hell
Occasionally. Not very often, but earlier into the treatment there'd be days it would ache. It wasn't unbearable though, just super uncomfortable at times.

>did you get angry mood swings
Yes. Think of PMS mood swings, it's like that. They became less the longer I was on it, but I'd get irritated super easily. It was a lesson in self control.

>did your arms/legs crack and bleed
No. I figured the best defesnse was prevention, so I got that First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair cream. Every night before bed I'd rub it on my feet. My hands and fingers began to crack after a while, so I got cotton spa gloves. I'd rub the cream on my hands and slip the gloves over it when I went to bed too. I never bled or anything, just the first signs of cracking. Eczema patches would appear on my arms and a spot on my stomach, but I had a steroid cream for that because it's happened before.

>What were your tactics for avoiding the sun
I kind of never really left my house. The whole thing with my skin made me very depressed. The Accutane didn't contribute, if anything I got happier because my skin was clearing up, despite it taking almost a year on it. When I went outside I used a sunscreen and I would wear a sunhat. If I had to do yard work or something I would wait until it was later in the afternoon so the sun was not at it's strongest.
I also went through an insane amount of chapstick and was chugging water like crazy because it made me very thirsty.
>>
>>8802745
I'm really sorry to hear that, anon. Did your dermatologist find out what the cause of your acne is, or is it genetic?
>>
File: image_zps668d6b50.jpg (72 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image_zps668d6b50.jpg
72 KB, 1024x768
Does anyone have any experience with this?
>>
Anyone here used to use Lush then converted to a Korean brand? I used to use breath of fresh air, dark angels or angels on bare skin and celestial.

Not looking to be spoonfed. Just need a good jumping point to start at
>>
>>8801724
this diet does not work for non asians.
>>
>>8803272
I've been using it for months, and it has worked miracles keeping my acne-prone skin under control. Works great for me even though I'm 22 and the product is meant for teenagers. Once I tried to change into another ampoule just to try something new, but had to change back because my skin started to break out.
>>
>>8803577
What
>>
Hey gulls, what are your favorite sleeping packs/night creams? I'm young but my mom said I should be moisturizing the area around/under my eyes starting now. Not on birth control or anything that would screw with my hormones
Skin stats:
18 years old, oily, acne prone skin. Avoids the sun, I use facial sunscreen and foundation with a high spf daily
>>
>>8803789
Do you also use a BHA/AHA or anything? I have acne prone skin and I heard this also helps control sebum production?
>>
I'm about to visit a plaza soon that has Missha, Tonymoly, and TheFaceShop! I was wondering which one I should focus on the most and recommended products of each. I appreciate any help with this!
>>
>>8801737
>doesn't know the skin benefits of drinking bone broth
>>
>>8803866
My favorite sleeping pack is Mizon's Good Night White. While I don't really see any or care about whitening/brightening effects, it's so moisturizing and is also my HG makeup primer. Lets everything go on super smooth, no flakes, makes my skin crazy soft. Love it!
>>
>>8802860
I'm in US :/ But I'll try looking online, thanks anon
>>
>>8801873
I just ordered the Innisfree It's Real 15 pack from Amazon. I'm really excited to try them out. But MBD is my absolute favorite. The only thing is I don't know where to buy them from where I won't get fakes.

Where do you get your legitimate Korean/Asian skin care items, anons? I'm always so scared of getting fakes in the mail but paying the price of a real product.

Additionally, what are your favorite exfoliators?

I've got gross skin (red, sensitive, dull, acne-prone, huge pores, oily yet dry, ect.) and I want to try Cetaphil, but I'm scared of it fucking up my skin even more because of the alcohol I saw listed in the ingredients.

I can't wait until I have enough money saved up to do a huge skincare haul. There's so much I need to try to do to save whatever youthfulness my skin still has left.

>>8802622
If you're in the US, I really actually enjoy the simple daily moisturizer. Additionally, I recommend Burt's Bees sensitive night moisturizer. Sorry, I've only tried drugstore products.
>>
>>8804295
Depends on your skin issues/what you're looking for.

Personally, I like The Face Shop's mascara. It was the first thing I bought when I moved to Korea on a whim and it's been great ever since.
>>
>>8804331
drugstore products are perfectly fine, thank you anon
>>
>>8802128
If you don't mind me asking, what skin type do you have?
>>
>>8804436
'Rubbed a stick of butter on my face' oily, but baby soft with very small pores.

I've found that heavily moisturizing constantly and using anti-sebum products under makeup (like the Peach Sake stuff) helps immensely.
>>
>>8804250
I've just started to use BHA so I cannot really tell the difference yet. However, I do use a toner that helps controlling sebum production, Etude House's Skin [Mal:gəm] Fresh. Does its job great when also using the Dr. Ampoule at the same time.
Overall my skincare routine is quite throughout, so that might also contribute to the fact that my sebum production and acne is kept under control.
>>
>>8804295
>>8804370
Oh I'll definitely check out their mascara! Sorry though, should've clarified. I have cpmbination skin and dark circles. Looking to hydrate my skin, minimize my panda eyes, moisturize my lips, and focusing on age prevention. Just willing to try any of these products from these brands though for fun, so any make up or sheet masks/other products recommendations will be considered. I might even do a haul and review any products after my shopping spree as well, if people are interested!
>>
File: 31Io2E23z2L.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
31Io2E23z2L.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
I recently bought the Hada Labo super hyaluronic acid moisturizing lotion, my skin feels softer when I use it but it also feels a little bit tight.

Which skincare products are supposed to make your skin feel tight/dry?
>>
>>
>>8804936
The acid is probably doing some mild exfoliation. Make sure you slap on another product after that to moisturize.
>>
>>8804936
>>8804984
Hyaluronic acid isn't the type of acid you're thinking of, and it doesn't exfoliate. It's actually an extremely potent hydrator due to it's impeccable ability to retain moisture, of over 1000x it's own mass.

Also, skincare products aren't supposed to make your skin tight or dry, unless it's a mask that's known to be stripping or somewhat harsh (like the aztec clay mask). However, if you think it's working for you, include another moisturizer afterwards. It's supposed to be more of a serum, anyways.
>>
>>8804936
the hadalabo lotion works best applied to moist skin then layered with another moisturizer. Hyaluronic acid attracts moisture to your skin, if your skin is feeling tight you need to provide more moisture for it to work best.
>>
>>8804630
Thank you. I'm trying to tweak my routine to help my oily/acne prone skin and it's a bit of a slow process. I wanted to add a BHA to help keep my pores clean and something to help control sebum production.
>>
>>8804295
A lot of people like the Missha BB creams, although they are quite thick - consider trying them.

>>8804331
beautynetkorea and roseroseshop although I have heard roseroseshop had some issues with open packaging recently.
The alcohol in the cetaphil is literally only touching your skin for seconds before you rinse it off so it's not as much an issue as in a lotion or cream.
My current exfoliating combination is Cosrx BHA skin returning A-sol which I use more as a toner, BHA Power Liquid/AHA liquid and Bravura London 15% glycolic acid night cream (which has been a HG product for me) however I have normal-oily skin which isn't sensitive. I would recommend starting just with Cosrx skin returning A sol.
>>
After washing off your sleeping pack are you supposed to continue with your routine (cleanse/serum/etc) or just stop there?
Sorry for the stupid question, I'm pretty new to all this.
>>
>>8806304
I just decided to put in a huge RoseRoseshop order and now I'm freaking out from all of the bad feedback on their Ebay.

What are the chances of my items being used?
>>
if you ordered from rubyruby76, slim to none. If you ordered from any other store with the similar/same name, pretty high. Also, looking at their official ebay there's really not much bad feedback at all, I don't know what you were looking at.

I've been ordering from both bnk (f2plus1, beautynetkorea) and rrs (rubyruby76, bring-bring-shop) without any issues for the past 3 or so years. Check r/AsianBeauty on reddit every now and then (ignore the SJW posts), they often share their online shopping experiences on there and will say if someone's being shady.
>>
>>8806370
>>8806339
whoops
>>
>>8805256
No problem anon. Just choose products that cater to your skin-type + skin-problems and you'll probably be fine. And if your acne gets bad, consider medication - that's what I did, and it made my constant bad acne reduce to just occasional acne proneness. Made my oily skin normal too.
>>
>>8806370
I ordered directly from their own website, so hopefully it'll be alright. The positive feedback definitely outweighs the bad, although there is a fair few saying items arrived opened/leaking.

>It was literally half the price of anywhere else, though, so whatever.
>>
>>8806376
I don't know about opened products but people have been complaining about essences leaking a lot recently, though they weren't rrs orders
>>
Nnnngh.

I want to order from rrs too, but
>Live in Australia.
>Shit exchange rates.
>Choosing Won is way cheaper.
>But when I go to checkout, Paypal automatically converts it to US.
>So I'm paying Paypal to convert it from Won > USD > AUD.

For reference, I'm looking at like a $40 difference. I messaged rrs to ask if they could invoice me directly for AUD, but I doubt it.
>>
>>8804331
>>8806304
Has anyone else have issues with Cetaphil? I don't think its the alcohol but we recently bought 2 huge bottles for the family and both me and my father broke out in acne after using it.

Is there a nice exfoliating cleanser you guys recommend? Or a nice daily one with a scrub i should try every other day or so? I have combination skin but I have moisturizing products to use so I don't mind products that dry/tighten my skin a bit.
>>
>>8801753
I have sensitive skin and used their undereye concealer once. It burned my skin.

That's just my experience though.
>>
>>8804655
Oh another thing, I'm fond of Missha's BB cushions and creams. They're probably the best of the non-high-end BBs in Korea atm.

I have the same general skin issues as you and haven't found anything really stellar from those 3 shops yet. Maybe I should learn skincare lingo in Korean.
>>
>>8806558
Haha I wish someone would make a guide for that actually! Might possibly live in Seoul in a few years with my husband for a couple of years because of his work. But that's in the future, I'll just check out this asian plaza in my area for now.
Thanks for your recommendations! I'll probably just do a haul and cherry pick whatever looked good to me and make a review later. Definitely excited about the mascara and bb cream since I'm always looking for my new favorite.
>>
my skin has been very dry this winter to were anytime I wear makeup my skin looks very dry and flaky and if I don't my skin is very red. right now it's gotten so bad that the skin on my nose is almost raw, like I feel like it's just peeling off.

Does anyone recommend any lotions or something to get my skin smooth again? should I exfoliate or will that make it worse?
>>
If when I wake up in the morning my skin still feels sticky does that mean I'm using too much ampoule/cream?

Sorry for the newb question, just started a Korean beauty routine a few days ago
>>
I'm at my wit's end. I don't what happened or how, but the area around my eye (lids, undereye) have turned dry, flaky and lifeless. I've got few lines that seem to have become more prominent with this sudden change and I feel absolutely terrible. And when I say sudden, this all happened within a week few weeks ago and doesn't seem to be stopping.

The area is not red or swollen, it doesn't itch and my eyes don't feel dry at all. All the makeup I use turns flaky and creases terribly, I look tired and old and if I look closely it looks like I've got more and more of these tiny, almost scale-like indents or lines around that area.

I admit it that I haven't used any eye creams and despite trying to find one that would suit me, I have no idea where to begin or what to pick. I've tried different types of facial moisturizers (yeah, I know, probably shouldn't), heavier creams meant for dry skin, honey, switching to gentler cleansers but nothing seems to work. I have a sensitive, acne-prone skin and I usually get most of my skincare products from pharmacies. My skin looks bad as it is but this just makes it all the more terrible.
>>
>>8806946
What kind of moisturizers do you use? In my experience, just slathering on a layer of aloe vera gel in the morning and at night can help over the course of a week.

Don't exfoliate; it'll further irritate your skin.
>>
>>8806946
I feel like this gets rec'd to death in these threads, but First Aid Beuty Ultra Repaid Cream. It also wouldn't hurt to get some deep hydrating sheet masks to help lock in moisture, like the Royal Jelly mask from Etude House, or something with hyaluronic acid, which retains moisture like crazy and deep moisturizes.

I would also maybe go a bit without foundation or something on your skin during the day for a bit, just until your skin heals up. If you are using physical exfoliation, same deal as always, don't exfoliate more than twice a week because anything more will just be irritating.
>>
File: 31TiYXYL6UL.jpg (13 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
31TiYXYL6UL.jpg
13 KB, 500x500
Can I get some opinions on this? I have oily/acne prone skin and I'm at the point where I am ready to add a BHA to my routine. I heard this is not as harsh as Stridex or Paula's Choice. Also, I have been using a vitamin C serum for a few months now. I just wait about 20 minutes between using the vitamin C, and then apply this? Or does it go on before the vitamin C serum?
Sorry for the dumb questions.
>>
how bad are cleansers/toners with alcohol in them? I'm using a fairly natural one that has alcohol in it because I had a bad experience with a non-alcohol one before (seemingly did nothing besides triggering my apple allergy), but is there any risk with it?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (29 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
29 KB, 480x320
So what's the best way to get rid of acne marks?

My acne isn't very active anymore, but I still have red dots ALL OVER my fucking face, and they never seem to disappear. Even if I don't squeeze the zit, or even if the zit doesn't really fully develop at all they all leave bright red marks for MONTHS. So even though my acne got better, every time I have a small breakout (like around my period) it will leave my face with red marks for what seems to be an eternity. My chin is bright red and there are spots all over my cheeks. Honestly I can deal with getting one or two zits a week, but it's the brightass red marks that fuck me up.

I use a gentle face wash, a face mask once a week, toner and moisturizer/sunscreen, all as gente and anti allergic as possible. I'm currently on the lookout for new exfolication stuff, I admit I was a bit sloppy regarding that the last weeks. I avoid the sun (not that there is much during winter now), and as said my acne got better but the marks they leave, goddamnit.
This only happened once I broke out in my adutlhood from birth control, I cannot remember it being so awful in my teens.
>inb4 see a doctor
I consider this, but my health care is pleb tier. The last two doctors I went to looked at my face for literally less than a minute before prescribing some generic shit, because there's no money to be made on me. I also need to see an endocrinologist but again, thanks to pleb healthcare I'll have to wait at least 3-6 months before I get an appointment.
So I'd like to try some home treatment in the meantime.

>pic related, as it looks similar to mine
>>
>>8807110
Sounds like you have an issue with hyperpigmentation. I usually use a mask for this specifically. When I decide my face has too many residual acne marks I treat it, maybe once a month. Cheap option: Sephora pearl sheet mask; expensive: boscia bright white mask. Both are also good for undereye circles.
>>
>>8807092
Just some drying. At the most your skin will feel tight. People like to avoid products with alochol in them because they don't want to overdry their skin. So I wouldn't say they are necessarily bad for you, just that they can be irritating to people with sensitive skin, or too harsh. Toners without alcohol tend to be more gentle, but to each their own. Some people's skin simply need a bit more of a kick, everyone is different.
>>
>>8807110
Best thing for acne scars and hyperpigmentation is vitamin c serum. It promotes cell turnover rate, which helps bring the new skincells underneath the surface to the front. Another thing that helps is an AHA, which is a chemical exfoliant that gets rid of dead skin cells.
>>
I recently got back from a week in Florida that was a lot of intense outdoor activity and arrived back home to blistering cold and windy weather.
As a result my face is suffering (both from unwanted sunburn and freckles due to the long sun exposure and additionally being super dry from the cold weather)
Is there any mask/product that could help with the sun damage but also the dryness?
(or even 2 different products that work well together)

Sorry if it's a super basic question, but I'm a complete skincare beginner and I figured it'd be better to ask people with actual knowledge on skincare rather than aimlessly trying to find a good product, haha.
>>
>>8806339
My order from roseroseshop at the end of last month was fine.

>>8807083
Vitamin C before BHA. I like my cosrx bha but I don't find it that useful without an AHA as well. I think that's just my skin though because that's always been the case for me
>>
>>8807127
cool, thanks! it actually felt a bit strange and numb last night for the first time, but I think that was just me being worried/paranoia. I use a pretty watery lotion over it so I think I should be good with moisture, and I do have sensitive skin (more than average at least) but haven't had an issue with this.
>>
I'm in a similar sorta area with >>8807110 in having marks on my face (and arms, chest and back) after spots, although I've not got hyperpigmentation or acne but rather scars from being a compulsive spot picker. Can the treatments described in >>8807125 and >>8807129 be used to help fade my scarring from picking? I'm really self conscious about the marks, even though I'm probably the only person who can see them. I'm finally managing to control the urge to pick so I'd love a point in the right direction to help my skin recover from me abusing it.
>>
If I remember right, this link was posted in a skincare thread some time ago. I', wondering if some of you guys have tried these steps, and how did it work out for you?

http://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
>>
>>8808840
Yes. They help scarring in general as well. If you have compulsive picking, I suggest you try hydrocolloid bandaids, aka blister bandages. You slap one over a white head or if you popped a zit and it helps suck out the puss. It also doubles to protect your skin from scarring and prevents you from getting to the zit to pick at it.
>>
>>8808915
Clay masks have def worked for me in getting rid of black heads. Not miraculously they're all gone but an overtime it looks less and less by a noticeable amount. Still have some though. Haven't tried much of the other stuff though I'm thinking of it later this week. Kinda spent all the past weekend building a skin routine based on christmas money but idk if it'll work or not.
>>
>don't do jack shit for skincare
>remember years ago my mom had me on a skincare regimen that caused me to break out into a fullbody rash
>scared to start again
>have no idea where to start
>>
File: A1LRrUNDYgL._SX522_.jpg (38 KB, 522x522) Image search: [Google]
A1LRrUNDYgL._SX522_.jpg
38 KB, 522x522
And on that note does this sound like a decent routine? Anything to add or take away?

Main issues being dry patches of skin + black heads. No horribly bad acne just the occasional pimple. Previously I've used garnier blackhead wash but more often an orchid wash that dries my face out + a coco vaseline moisturizer. Adding lip care at night because I wake up to dry lips that I end up picking out of habit and a lipstick with supposedly crazy moisture/staying and spf so that'll keep me from picking during the day.

Before Bed
>illi Total Aging Care Cleansing Oil
>Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Foam
>Youthful Radiance Eye Cream for Dark Circles & Puffiness
>Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask
>C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm No 306 .

Morning
>Dr.Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water
>[Cosrx] Advanced Snail 92 All in one Cream
>MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen
>MEET THE BULL DOG Original Eye Roll-On, (maybe?)
>Lipstick Queen Endless Summer Lipstick SPF 15

Then weekly I'd do what's basically
>http://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
with those cosrx bha/aha and some aztec secret indian clay mask. I don't really wanna add regular bha/aha treatments into a daily routine right off the bat. Seems like a bad idea considering I've had so little skin care before.

Then for body skincare I'm trying to get rid of some back acne and minimize stretch marks along with adding moisture. In the past year I've lost a lot of weight and there's some stretch marks and given workouts and actually sweating my body has some stupid level of acne now.

So
>Nubian Heritage African Black Soap With Shea Butter Oats & Aloe Deep Cleansing
>Murad Acne Clarifying Body Spray
>Bio-Oil on scars/stretch marks
>Cellulite Cream & Muscle Relaxation Cream, really more cause a hot cream sounds amazing after working out
>Tony Moly Pure Snail Moisture Gel

Plus konjac sponges.
>>
Any idea when Jolse might restock their items? I'm hoping to get some items to take advantage of their samples

Or does Rose Rose Shop give away decent samples to orders? I might just use them instead if it seems like it will be a while
>>
>>8808915
I did this on my boyfriend (minus the let the oil soak part, i forgot about that). He has extremely noticerable, but relatively small, blackheads. It worked like a charm and his nose was sooooo crazy much cleaner for about a week or wo, but they gradually came back, of course. I used some different products though, the Emma S ageless enzyme peel, some drugstore clay mask without terrible ingredients and kaolin as second ingredient, and almond oil. The results were far less noticerable on me, but that's because i hardly have blackheads.
>>
>>8809439
Remember NOT to start all of these at once. If you start them and react, you'll have no idea what it is. With stretch marks it's important to rub them frequently and for like 5mins at a time to break down scar tissue, some people reckon 4 times per day.
>>
>>8806577
imagining another seagull in Korea makes me all sorts of happy

you're going to have a lot of fun shopping around
>>
File: 1439785351360.jpg (156 KB, 464x437) Image search: [Google]
1439785351360.jpg
156 KB, 464x437
After seeing this thread I put together an order on Roseroseshop and paid for it last night..

I only paid for Airmail (double-checked my Paypal invoice.) but my order is saying Express.

W-what do?
>>
anyone have any links to a good online store for Japanese products? there are some specifics i'm looking for.
>>
File: 1444520505540.gif (658 KB, 280x212) Image search: [Google]
1444520505540.gif
658 KB, 280x212
>>8809332
Can we just make some sort of copypasta post that details a basic skincare routine, anons?
Basic routine:
>cleanser
>toner
>moisturizer

Starter products:
cleanser - Cetaphil or CeraVe

Toner:
witch hazel (preferably Thayer's brand)

Moisturizer:
Cetaphil Lotion, Aloe Vera gel

Those are the basic items we tend to reccomend in threads for people who are just getting started. They also double as products that are good if you have sensitive skin. Now, the point of the steps are:
Cleanser - wash off any accumulated dirt and oils from the day.

Toner - helps pick up anything missed from the cleanser, helps reset the pH of your skin, also low key exfoliates.

Moisturizer - yes this is necessary, even if you have oily skin. You tend to wash off some of the natural oils of your skin when you wash it. This helps trap in moisture and keeps your skin hydrated.

I'd suggest you start a basic routine, get the hang of it and learn what your skin reacts to best. You can switch out products here and there for something you find works better for your skin. After that, you can worry about adding things that target problems, such as acne, wrinkles, sun spots, acne scars, etc.

I hope that helps, and if you have any more questions or are looking for products that help with specific skin conditions, feel free to ask. Also, if you drop some more info about your skin, such as type (is it dry, acne prone, sensitive, oily) we can reccomend more products specific to your skin type rather than a general routine.
>>
This is honestly a dumb question but I figured I'd have better luck here than in the dumb question thread
What do I do after taking off a sheet mask?
I just took off my sheet mask (tonymoly i'm real aloe vera to be specific) and now my face is wet (this happens every time I take off a sheet mask)
Do I wipe my face or let the stuff absorb? Having a dripping wet face isnt fun
>>
>>8809932
rub the excess into your face and neck.
>>
>>8809932
Depends on the mask, but with a lot of the korean ones I've used, you just let the shit soak in for premium moistureâ„¢
>>
>>8809654
Yeah that's what I figure. I'm gonna start with the cleansing oil. Then the overnight mask, then fill in the rest of the night routine week by week, then the morning starting with the cleanser. Same with body just starting with soap, gonna add bio-oil and spray and creams week by week.

Thanks for the stretch mark advice though. I really didn't know that often was required. I was gonna just do it every time after I showered.

Also just buying as many samples of those instead of full in case shit sucks so I don't blow 200+ bucks all at once.
>>
>>8809896
Is there a cleanser that's a bit more stripping than Cetaphil? I was the anon from earlier that broke out after using it and I haven't changed the rest of my skin care.
>>
I know someone's gonna get mad at me for saying this but I wanna start by saying that I do not believe light skin is necesarily prettier/better, this is something I just want to do
So I'm mixed latina/white and that left my skin an unusual orangish color. I look like a white person with skin that's too dark and when I tan I turn spray tan orange. What are your experiences with lightening products? I just wanna alleviate some of the orange tones
>>
>>8809949
I'd look at a different ph balanced cleanser like Hada Labo's hyaluronic acid foaming one, or Paula's choice (which is a bit expensiveh, or possibly one from acne.org
>>
>>8809949
this >>8810033
I like the Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash, my skin is acne prone. Plus it's sold at Ulta now! It's odd that you had a reaction to Cetaphil of all things, but everyone's skin is different.
>>
Every time I moisturize my face even a little bit I break out. I've tried probably 20 different moisturizers (right now i'm giving ole henriksen sheer transformation a try)

I have combination skin and I'm pretty much at a loss, should I just avoid moisturizers?
>>
Skincare newb here: I have a slightly noticeable birthmark on my face, would vitamin C serum be effective in fading it further? All I do currently for skincare is a foaming cleanser, would adding vit C serum before anything else be dumb? My skin isn't terrible and I really want to even my color out but not sure if I should be adding things like a moisturizer first.
>>
>>8810070
Try aloe vera gel
>>
>>8810135
You need to add a moisturizer and toner first. Vitamin C serum can be drying, and pH sensitive. Look a few posts up for an anon who posted a basic routine.
We generally suggest not using foaming cleansers because they can be drying, but if it's worked for you that's fine. As for the birthmark, what kind are you talking about? One of those brown freckle things, a red one, discoloration?
>>
>>8810148
It's a cafe au lait birthmark, it's a light brown discoloration that runs up the side of my face.
>>
>>8810162
I don't think anything but laser's gonna help, anon
I have the same problem with freckles (the ugly ones, not the pretty smattering of light brown spots over your nose and cheeks)
>>
>>8810162
you could try some whitening products but that's not really going to go away.
>>
Hi gulls

I have really deep under eye circles. They're a dark purple and they're super hollow and the skin their feels thin (I can easily feel my eye socket). From what I'm reading it's called "tear troughs"?

I know it can be fixed with fillers but that's not something I can afford. Anyone know of any creams or other treatments to help take care of this?
>>
>>8811504
Keeping the area well moisturized can lessen the appearance. And an retinol eye cream will with time increase thickness of the skin reducing the look of dark circles and tear troughs
>>
>>8801724
I don't have any favorites yet. I just started out using sheet masks and loved every one of them. I did, however, want to let you gulls know that Forever 21 is selling Korean sheet masks and I bought a few last time I went. I loved them and keep recommending them to my friends.
>>
>>8811504
I'm sure someone will jump in to say hat this couldn't possibly work, but I found that my hereditary tear troughs have filled in heaps since I've been more careful about drinking enough water and using sleeping packs.

The hydration seems to plump 'em out.
>>
Anyone know anything about 'hot oil facial masks'?
>>
This is a really petty question, but who should I order from? Jolse or YouRiShop? I've ordered from both before but I just want to know who I'm more likely to get free samples from lol
>>
>>8813264
If you're on Amazon, I'd say Cosmetic*Shop. I got 3 samples for every 2 items bought, and they were all relevant to my ordered items.. Like I got the Skinfood Peach Sake emulsion, so they sent samples of the toner and serum.

>>8809796
This is me.

Roseroseshop DEFINITELY don't automatically upgrade to Express for large orders, right?
It shipped last night via DHL..
>>
Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind but I got the innisfree sheet masks and wanted to review them. But I don't have a blog because I'm a sperg, so I'll just do it here (and be a bigger sperg.)

I got them off Amazon. From what I can tell, they seem to be legit. I got the 15 pack for $16; so for a little under $1 for a mask, it's pretty good.

I've only used two masks out of the tons of them I received: Green tea and pomegranate. My face has reacted positively to both of them. (For reference, I have sensitive, acne prone skin, reddish/easily irritated, dull, both severely oily and extremely dry.) I tried green tea first because my skin was feeling really worn out. I used it at night for about 20 minutes (after washing and using toner,) and when I took it off I massaged the serum in and didn't wash it off.

For some reason, I forgot to put on my nighttime skincare stuff. But when I woke up in the morning, my skin looked and felt so much better. My acne had even subsided!

I used the pomegranate one this morning, and it was soothing. I've also noticed that my skin isn't as oily at the end of the day as it usually is.

The masks themselves are made of artificial silk, and seem to fit my face pretty well. But they are fragile and tear easily, so be gentle. I'm used to the ones from My Beauty Diary: they are a lot stronger fabric. Also, I have sensitive eyes and sometimes sheet masks make them burn, but I didn't experience that this time.

Tl;dr I recommend trying out Innisfree It's Real sheet masks. I'm impressed by the ones I tried, and I'm excited to try the rest of them. They are a good value and have generally positive reviews online.
>>
I'm just a baby at skincare but I have really sensitive skin, even using just washing with water and air drying tends to dry me out so much that usually fine products become painful. I've finally got something that works but if anyone has any advice on how to improve I'd be thankful!
>A supermarket brand 'sensitive' face-wash, because it actually doesn't hurt whereas the usual high street brands like 'Simple' and 'Nivea' did.
>Clinique 'dramatically different' as a night cream (any advise for a good nightcream?)
>Skin Food SPF15 as a daycream and Baby Lips lipbalm with SPF
>Missha BB cream with 25 SPF on rare occasions
>Liz Earl 2-step Toner and Cleanser with muslin sheet every 2 or 3 nights, trying to remember to use the toner every night though
I have constant blackheads, dark circles and fine lines, so it's already too late to be kawaii forever, I just want to look alive.

>>8809896
Please do this! I've been lurking these threads on and off for about a year and I still don't really know how to get into BHA/AHA at all other than to wear suncream when you do. Product recs would be amazing.
>>
>>8813536
>I still don't really know how to get into BHA/AHA

Ok, first, read this:
>https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1fx45x/ahas_and_bhas_whats_the_difference_and_how_to/

They are chemical exfoliants. BHA sinks into your pores and clears out the gunk that accumulates. BHA is what you start with if you have oily/acne prone skin. AHA promotes a high skin cell turnover rate by sloughing off dead skin. AHA is good if you have dry skin, but makes you incredibly photosensitive. When introducing either of these, be sure to use sunscreen.

You start off with ONE by patch testing to make sure you don't have a reaction. If all's good, start by using once a week at night. When you feel up to it, move that up to twice a week. Over a period of time you will work your way to every other night, and then if you need it, every night. Some people can do it every day, others can't, you need to remember that everyone's skin is different.

You mentioned above that you have constant blackheads. Try Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid. This is a BHA, and a favorite one. Other easily accessible BHAs are Stridex Red Box, and Paula's Choice; I prefer the BHA power liquid because my skin is sensitive.

But before you add a BHA/AHA, I honestly suggest you rework your routine. Reread >>8809896 post. Anon describes a basic routine. Twice a day, every day, you need to CLEANSE, TONE, MOISTURIZE. You mentioned you only use your toner every few nights. You need to use that shit twice a day. Especially if you want to introduce a BHA b/c toners are important for resetting your skin's pH, which is a must have with chemical exfoliants.
>>
>>8813598
Thank you, that was the most informative thing and I really appreciate it.
I'll copy down what you wrote and look at those sources and get my basic routine into gear.
>>
>>8813765
We all gotta start somewhere, anon. Godspeed
>>
Sorry for bad English in advance. When I was in a shop back in Korea I hear shoplady tell tourists that are Caucasian that it is not very adviseable to do the "Asian skincare" routine because they have different skin. They also say makeup from their country is more beneficial to their skin than buying from Korea, because here our skin is different. I do not know if it is true but I do get some breakouts when I used the brands like Revlon. My skin especially did not like the L'Oreal make up my sister bought from London.

Anyway. My skin care routine is very simple.

1. Makeup remover - coconut oil. Not too much though. I use this very heavy only for eye make up. I use the Nature Republic makeup remover sometimes but, I like the oil more.

2. Tony Moly Tea Tree Foam Cleanser - wash first with warm water, and then rinse with cold. Tony Moly face cleansers are cheap but they are very good.

3. Etude House Wonder Pore - good for oil skins. When it is winter my skin gets dry so I use Nature Republic Aloe Vera toner.

4. Skin Food Gold Caviar Serum - this is my favorite serum out of all the serums I tried. Good for dry skin and for skin tired from makeup.

5. Face Mask - This one varies because I use different masks but my favorite is Nature Republic and Tony Moly. I do not use face masks everyday only when I have occassion the next day.

Optional after mask: eye creams if you have dry dark circles or puff eyes. Emulsion for dry skin. Sleeping pack again I do not use always only when there is occassion the next day I like the Laneige sleeping masks but they are a bit expensive.
>>
So seagulls, I have a problem with bruises.

I get them easily, and my latest hobby is pretty active and I'm getting them pretty frequently. Any tips for making them heal up better or good make up to disguise them away? I dont really want to show up to con with black and blue spots on my arms and legs.
>>
So, I think this is where I should go but...
Ever since I moved I've put on stress weight. This has actually put me at a healthy weight than I have been in the past, but it also brought with it stretch marks.

Is there any way I can tame these tiger stripes?
>>
>>8814021
I know a lot of girls use cocoa butter and the like, but honestly, I don't think there's any surefire way to get rid of them/fade them significantly.
>>
>>8813598
That was extremely helpful, thank you anon. I have acne prone, blackhead full, skin too

(this is kind gross and tmi read at your own risk)
On an unrelated but still skincare note, I've been very sick these past few days. My nose has been running constantly and constantly rubbing it has made it raw, dry, and stinging. The area under my nose is also like that due to constant exposure to mucus. How do I accelerate the healing process and sooth the stinging? I tried using a generic CVS facial moisturizer for senstive skin but it just burned
>>
>>8814021
Madecassol ointments are pretty popular here but they have the potential to be sensitizing.
>>
>>8814021
I've heard retinol is the only OTC topical treatment proven to work. Cocoa butter may make them temporarily look better, but doesn't make them go away.

Other than that, you can do laser treatments if you have the money.
>>
I forgot to ask this question, too!
So I'm anemic with really low iron and one of the side effects is SUPER dry lips. Like its ridiculous how dry and how fast it takes for them to get dry. I was wondering if there were any products out there that can help my lips not be so gross without having to apply chapstick every 30 minutes. Anything I leave on at night or put on before makeup or anything at all, I'm desperate!
Also sorry it's not entirely skincare but can someone recommend lipstick or something for those with really dry lips? Its so hard to find something that doesn't look yucky on me
>>
>>8814220
>>8814049
>>8814209
Thanks for advice guys! I know I shouldn't let them bother me but as a cosplayer it just feels like they're embarrassing to have, even if I don't look fat.
>>
>>8814195
anon, i've just now been in the same spot. extra moisture at nightm as well as using something to moisturize after every time you blow your nose, wokred for me. i just carried around a very fatty chapstick that i use in the winter. barely noticerable, but definitely helped.
>>
>>8814195
moisturise, use a healing cream at night (I steal my mum's Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream for any skin damage), and when at home rinse your nose out in the sink instead of blowing it - it makes a huge difference cutting out some of the rubbing
>>
>>8813939
Invest in a good bruise cream, like Arnicare. You want something with Arnica, Vitamin e, Vitamin a, etc. Stuff like that that promotes healing. For cover up, get an orange concealer. Bruises turn purple, with orange being its complementary color. Rub in some concealer, and then put a BB cream or foundation in your skin tone over it.
Hope that helps!
>>
>>8814021
Massage the area daily and get an italy towel to phsyically exfoliate a few times a week. Something like a retinol cream, vitamin c serum, AHA/BHA to use to help fade them. You can fade them but they won't ever go away. Just remember that every girl has them somewhere. I got mine on my inner thighs from constant muscle gain and loss because of sports and diet changes in high school. It helps to think of them as battle wounds from fighting a demon or some stupid shit.
>>
>>8814195
I'm in the habit of whenever I get a cold, I carry around a travel thing of vaseline. Every time I blow my nose I rub a little beneath it. I look like a shiny loon, but it's prevented me from getting a raw nose like when I was a kid.
>>
>>8814240
Aquaphor! When I was on accutane I used Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy every day. You can buy a little two pack travel sized thing at Target or Walmart. I slathered this on my lips every night before bed to keep them moisturized while I slept because otherwise they would be bone dry and crack during those 8 hours. Aquaphor adds moisture, unlike vaseline which traps moisture. Unfortunately, you should also just get used to applying chapstick every hour. I use those EoS balls, but not everyone seems to like them for whatever reason? But those two things were huge life savers.

If you have dead skin all over your lips from chapping, look up "brown sugar lip exfoliating."
You should find a bunch of tutorials on how to make a quick and easy gentle sugar exfoliant.
>>
>>8814385
Thanks anon! I'll get some today!

Also does anyone know if I can wear chapstick and lipstick or if that'll mess up the lipstick if I keep applying it? Or do I have to find a way to do my lipstick and chapstick every hour :(
>>
>>8814195
I use bepathen cream for my nose when I've got a cold.
>>
Hey anons, I just wanted to send a shoutout to everyone struggling with face milia (miluim, milia seeds, white hard lumps of hell, whatever you wanna call them).

Over Christmas my sister gave me the Lierac anti-blemish keratolytic solution. I was wary at first since it is from a line of product marketed for oily skin and I don't have it, but this is the only product I have ever tried that made my milia disappear. I suffer from them especially on my eyelids, undereye area and at the top of my cheeks, so I could never really exfoliate there.The only thing that had worked so far was to let them sit there for months to the point I could pick away at them using a needle, which was not really desirable. I started applying this serum with a q-tip once a night (it has HAs so no sunlight!) and in three uses most of them were GONE. The surrounding skin feels completely unaffected (no tingling, no redness, nothing), just smoothness at last. I am so fucking happy I found a solution, and I just really wanted to recommend this to y'all.
>>
>>8815130
kind of related question, how did your milia develop? I have one (at least I'm pretty sure it is) and it's been there forever. I worry more are going to show up if I don't get it together and start a treatment.
Whenever I mention milia to friends or family irl they have no idea what it is or what I'm talking about.
>>
File: slide2.jpg (88 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
slide2.jpg
88 KB, 720x540
>>8815148
I don't know really, it's just something that my skin does. One day I will look at the mirror to tweeze my eyebrows or do my makeup and notice that I got a new one just chilling there, enjoying the view. They're kind of a pore malfunction, so if you already have one chances are you will probably get others in the futurem but they're not an infectious process so it won't spread even if you leave it unattended. If it is on a treatable area, extensive exfoliating or a skin peeling will get rid of it, but if it is on a delicate spot (like mine are) I wouldn't suggest that. Before I learned about this spot I used to inmobilize them with my tweezers and stick a sterilised needle (dip it in alcohol and then light it on fire, let it air cool) through the milia, and then gently twist it until the growth is pulled out, and use an antiseptic afterwards. If you do not pirck the alive tissue under the milia it won't even bleed or scab, but disinfect it anyway for safety.
>>
>>8813935
that sounds untrue - especially if she was talking to tourists

it might be more difficult to get a color match for things like BB creams or concealer or even lip colors but skincare? i've never heard of a white person (or anyone for that matter) ever having negative effects from asian skincare use - the ingredients are usually less harsh than their western counterparts.
>>
>>8813935
That sounds like a racist crock of shit. I'm a pasty Irishwoman, born and raised and I've never had any issues with any kind of Asian makeup, and I've used everything from Lakmé to Tonymoly to Canmake.

That just sounds like that drivel Asian-Americans spout because they've no cultural identity of their own anymore so they cling to mass-marketed consumer products to make themselves feel more special.

Also, you may want to try using Western makeup that isn't drugstore shite. Many Asian makeup artists on Youtube use Chanel and Bobbi Brown and their 'different Asian skin' seems fine.
>>
Hey, how well does Cosrx Aloe Sunscreen moisturize? I'm thinking about picking it up after reading so much good about it, but I'm trying to use as few products as possible and would like to be able to skip out on any extra steps. Right now I'm just using Scinics Honey AIO and Cosrx Snail essence in the mornings and slap on some sun milk if I'm going outside, but I don't think it's moisturizing enough. Slightly dry, sensitive skin here and recently also battling acne+scarring because I'm an idiot.

Also going backpacking in a few months and I'll probably only bring some bioderma h2o and a sunscreen if possible to save on space.
>>
>>8813935
That sounds like she had a lack of understanding about different skintypes, and racism. Western cosmetics and skincare have more harsh chemicals. It works for some people but there's also a good amount of Westerners whose skin is too sensitive for certain products. Asian products use more natural ingredients and are all around less harsh. It doesn't matter what side of the world a product comes from, if it works for you that's what you use. It's not an ASIANS ONLY CLUB
>>
So, I am trying to put together a decent AB routine and I was wondering, would a second cleanse be necessary if I don't wear makeup? The only thing I would be wearing would be sunscreen.
>>
I've got extremely dry lips especially on winter and have tried tons of different lip balms (mostly western stuff tho). So far nothing has helped in the long run.
Any lip balm recommendations? Asian or western, doesn't matter.
>>
>>8816159
blistex
>>
>>8816159
Burt's bees is my world. I recommend anything with beeswax rather than white petrolatum.
>>
>>8816159
I've recently been trying Maybelline babylips dr rescue ( I prefer the white and baby blue one )

I know some people may see it as low tier but the dr rescue collection from them has always helped me
>>
>>8815130
Holy hell, I didn't think there was anything besides laser treatment to get rid of them [and like you said, picking them out with a needle], thanks for the tip! Definitely gonna look for it.
My doctor had prescribed me Adapalene cream, but that takes months to show even the slightest improvement.
>>
>>8816159
Bee Essentials. This lipbalm was a life saver. My lips so so cracked to the point that they were bleeding and now, not at all
>>
>>8816159
Carmex is my personal favorite
>>
1. For the oil based cleansing step in an asian skin care routine, is it okay to use makeup wipes instead? I just hate rinsing my face off in a sink, I always make a huge mess. So with having to do that already for the water-based cleanser, my bathroom ends up flooded in water. Tips to get better at washing my face are welcome too.

2. Is Etude House wonder pore the same thing as toner? Or should I use toner as well as the wonder pore?
>>
looking for a rec on a blackhead mask that will really clean out my pores!
>>
>>8802622
If you're in Europe, you should try Caudalie moisturizers. Seriously the most gentle stuff and it smells amazing. It's kind of expensive but really worth it
>>
>>8816689
Have you tried the aztec indian clay masks?

>>8816681
Makeup wipes are not as gentle as oil cleanser. If you fill the sink and splash your face rather than using running water that's usually less messy.

Yes, wonder pore is a toner.

>>8814021
Massage with vitamin E/vitamin A at least four times per day, they are scars/pigmentation from stretching so you need to treat them like you would other scars and pigmentation. Vitamin C, retinol and BHA/AHA can help with the skin turnover and pigmentation; massage and moisture help with collagen/elastin production and getting the scar to go more like normal skin.
>>
>>8816681
>>8816860
Wonder Pore is an entire line of products.. There is A toner, but there's also a cleanser, serum, emulsion..
>>
>>8816901
Yes but given that the other products are labelled as serum, emulsion, cream, foaming cleanser etc. in the name I assumed they meant the "wonder pore freshener" which doesn't have "toner" in the name
>>
So my current insecurity obsession are nasolabial folds. There isn't a total fold, but there is also usually a line of redness there too, which may or may not be some really mild rosacea, and it makes it wven more obvious. I wear a fuckton of concealer there and it gets rid of the redness, but I still look yayahan-ish in certain lighting. I'd like to know if there's a more permanent solution. Is it just fillers?
Pic related is an ad for some injection thing, but her nose and mouth and lines are similar to mine.
>>
>>8817081
Yep, fillers are pretty much it. Just keep in mind that they are expensive and make sure you can keep up with them. Depending on the type of fillers you get, it will last 6 months to a year. If you can't keep up with it, the folds will return.
>>
File: 1421647711432.jpg (30 KB, 320x295) Image search: [Google]
1421647711432.jpg
30 KB, 320x295
Okay so coconut oil (from what I've seen) is either

Solid (melts in your hands) and in a tub
Liquid- usually comes in a bottle w/ pump.

Which is better for skin? I am trying to get rid of some scars/stretch marks.
>>
>>8816689
see >>8808915

It works really well.
>>
I wanna start taking Biotin but I'm afraid of breaking out since I have oily skin. Besides drinking tons of water, what else can I do to prevent breakouts from taking it?
>>
>>8817081
Hydrate. Moisterize really well preferably with a collagen moisterizer. I used to have them really bad, I thought I was just getting old but then I realized I just needed to moisturize.

Also I've done some perma stamping and it's worked out really well. I do it every couple of years or so.
>>
>>8817808
Honestly, there's no preventing breaking out on Biotion if you're going to. Some people break out, others don't and it just depends on your body. Since it's a supplement, you are breaking out because of an internal reason. I think it's because biotin is essentially an influx of Vitamin B7. Everyone's body is different. When you break out from taking biotin, it's because your body already had a surplus of it, which then causes a deficency of vitamin B5, which causes breakouts. If it works for you, then you probably had a deficency of vitamin B7, which is what biotin is.
It's kind of like a guessing game, and skin type has nothing to do with it. If it works for you, great! If it doesn't, or causes breakouts, try taking Zinc.
>>
>>8815968
I think it also has to do more with climate than skin types, since most products get adjusted to the climate conditions in that country when being sold overseah (at least that's what I know of some brands)

I've recently started using the Clinique three step program again and it hasn't done that much of a difference but my skin certainly does not feel as unbalanced as before. I'm still not a fan of their exfoliating tonic even though the formula is different now...anybody remember now harsh it used to be?
>>
>>8818024
Climate is way more a factor than most people realize. I used to live in a colder, dryer climate and my skin would get so dry and cracked that it would bleed. Now I live in a warm, humid climate and my skin feels fine maybe even bordering on oily/normal combination.

I think skincare and make-up reviews should list where you are living because sometimes people shit on a product in reviews when it could be a great product for someone who lives somewhere else. The Bobbi Brown gel liner for example is great in warm climates, but it gets crumbly and breaks up in the cold.
>>
>>8817993
Thank you for the reply anon! I'll try it :)
>>
What do you do when you get a new product and realize your skin hates it? I ordered three Benton products from Jolse and the Snail Bee High Content Essence really doesn't agree with my skin (breakouts in unusual places). I'm not entirely sure what to do with it since I still have 95% of the 60mL bottle left. I checked out r/asianbeautyexchange but I'm more of a lurker on Reddit, so I don't have enough karma to make a sales post.
>>
>>8814371
Thanks anon! I've ordered a good cream, I hope it helps. The concealer and BB cream already did some wonders!
>>
>>8809932

With clean hands, rub the remainder of the serum in. There might be a couple out there in which you would wash the serum off, but the point of sheet masks is to keep the serum on your face long enough for it to properly absorb without drying out.

If there's a huge excess, rub the remaining serum on your hands.

>>8812310

Hot, as in temperature hot or "spicy" hot? Even though the latter doesn't make much sense, I'd be really careful as it could potentially be very irritating to your skin.

Temperature hot (as long as it's not hot enough to burn) should be beneficial as the warmth will make your pores to open up, allowing for the oil to dissolve whatever gunk is in them and moisturize your skin. I'd follow up with a nice, warm steam towel to get the excess off, however.

>>8807110

Look for gentle exfoliants, and things geared towards getting rid of inflammation, as that's what the redness is. Perhaps honey based treatments? Honey itself has anti-inflammatory properties, as well as having AHAs so it provides mild exfoliation while helping to maintain the redness and preparing your skin for moisture. If it persists in the long run it might be worth seeing a derm, but I think with the right routine and time your skin will heal and the marks will go away.

If that's your cheek, the texture of your skin seems to be fine (which is great considering you've had acne, the scars are pretty hard to diminish, near impossible to be rid of). So it's just an issue of color, which is a result of inflammation so I really do believe it will eventually go away.

>>8817808

Cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize(even if your skin is oily), treat(masks, sleeping packs, etc) and protect your skin. If it's the biotin breaking you out and not your naturally oily skin, don't take the biotin of you don't want to break out.
>>
For things like sheet masks and sleeping packs, do you use them AFTER everything else like serum, emulsion, cream, or do you use them immediately after cleansing?
>>
>>8819119
after everything
>>
>>8817091
>>8817825
Thank you! Isn't collagen not supposed to do much when applied topically, though? The creases themselves aren't that bad, so I'm going to try heavier moisturizer and look into dermarolling/stamping more for the red tough skin.
>>
Hey not sure if it belongs here or hair thread but my eyebrows weirdly get dandruff. Can't figure what to do about that besides using shampoo on my eyebrows?
>>
>>8819465
Yeah, it's true. Collagen can't really sink into your skin if applied topically, collagen creams are marketing ploys.
>>
I'm a similar boat to >>8806946 but probably not as bad as that anon. I normally have pretty oily skin but since moving to a bit colder and drier climate, (from a place where it never got below 40 F) I'm getting dry patches.

It's nothing major but is pretty irritating and would like to get something to remedy it. I'm afraid of making my skin super oily though. Any recommendations?
>>
What can be done about cystic acne?
>>
>>8822610
I quite like using Steam Cream in winter but it breaks me out in summer

>>8822637
Often cystic acne is hormonal so beyond BC and roaccutane, not a lot. If you know that it's triggered by something e.g. food, etc. then avoid that.
If you already have a cyst DON'T squeeze and poke it, try to bring it to a head - hot compresses, sulfur compresses etc - and then use topical treatments like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid creams etc. once it's at a head and slap on a hydrocolloid bandage. Before it gets to a head it's unlikely topical treatments will penetrate much
>>
>>8822533
oh fuck man I thought I was alone
I had this problem for ages and honestly I don't know what exactly made it go away. I just rubbed it off and moisturised my face properly I guess (no you shouldn't have to put lotion in your brows). sorry I can't help but at least there's 2 of us
>>
>>8822637
Honestly, you're going to have to do your own researh on this. Cystic acne is caused by different things. It could be hormonal, which, if you're a lady, means going on birth control. It could be your diet, which means something like dairy or gluten is causing it. It could be a result of your diet and body, which means going on particular supplements to target what vitamin you're lacking. Or it's your immune system, which means you need antibiotics. Or shitty genes, in which you're fucked. Cystic acne is a huge bitch and I suggest you go to a dermatologist if it's honestly bad.

In the meanwhile, look up cystic acne on things like reddit's skincareaddiction, google, etc. Try temporarily cutting our gluten and dairy. Look up "acne vitamin cocktail" to read about supplements. Drinking ACV, yes, drinking it, can also help with it and overall skin and diet health. You're in for a long haul, my friend.

Invest in hydrocolloid bandages, they are blister bandages. You slap one over the cyst when it comes to a head and it helps suck out all the gunk inside of it. They were a godsend when I had it. Topical treatments aren't going to do much to help you since the problem is ultimately internal. If it's incredibly severe, your derm will consider Accutane.
>>
I'm only 18 but have noticed some creasing in the skin under my eye. What eye creams should I try to fix this?
>>
Do you redo your facial routine after working out or just wash face and moisturize (what I do currently)?
>>
>>8822637
I had cystic acne for a very long time and am just now getting rid of it. It's a variety of factors.
>drink lots of water
>watch your diet, sugar is often at the root of it
>try different kinds of birth control, my new pills follow natural hormone patterns so my body isn't fighting hormones with hormones and therefore, calmer skin
>wash your goddamn pillowcases
>do not use cheap moisturizers with mineral oil in them
>switch up make-up routine and find something that doesn't make your skin feel oily or weighed down
Believe it or not, mineral make-up gives me deep red zits like crazy, switching to Clinique really helped. Besides that, lots of people will tell you it's hormonal but that's not usually the case. Eat a clean, fresh diet and then watch as your skin freaks out when you down 3 slices of pizza in one night, or gorge on chocolate while you're on your period. Ask me how I know.
>>
Anyone used a derma roller before and did they work?
>>
>>8824464
i use them for fetish reasons but they also get rid of my stretch marks- would reccomend.
>>
>>8824415
I exercise in the evening so yes, I shower and then do my full routine. I guess the only reason I wouldn't do that is if I was going out after or exercised in the early evening.

>>8823129
Try a retinol serum and a good moisturiser
>>
>>8807958
Aloe gel. Soothes burns and moisturizes.

Super basic is right. Try google next time.
>>
This is gross as hell but how do I stop picking at scabs? They heal but I still end up pulling off the dry skin.
>>
>>8824422
Mineral makeup gave you zits? Wow...maybe its worth trying a new foundation then, I've been using bare minerals for years
>>
I keep asking this on /r/asianbeauty but people keep answering the wrong thing.

What is the order to get things for someone who wants to get into the routine? I got the cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen. Do I get the toner and serums/essences next and then actives? When should I start the second cleanse?
>>
>>8824652
By hydrocolloid bandaids. put one over the scab/zit. You can't pick it if you can't get to it.
>>
>>8824656
Oh my god we definitely need to copy paste that BASIC ROUTINE thing.
Look at this >>8809896
Now look at this >>8804975
You did good with what you initially got, but you need a toner. Let your skin adjust to that routine for about a month or two, and then introduce other products in one at a time. Do not buy like 5 products at once and add all of them at the same time. You need to figure out what works for your skin, what causes a reaction, and you can't do that if there are multiple possibilities. Figure out what cleanser, toner, moisturizer works best. Then add a serum. Then add an active.
Second cleanse honestly isn't necessary, but if you feel that your skin needs it, then you can add it with your basic routine. Remember everyone's skin is different, so some people really need to double cleanse while for others it doesn't really make a difference. I suggest double cleansing if you regularly wear makeup.
>>
Just want to put this out there, a really good serum for red/uneven skin tone and texture, and visible pores is Medik8's C-Tetra, like I was noticing amazing results after a week of using it. Eucerin's dermopurifyer hydrating care is also a really good moisturiser if you're prone to get spots but not full-blown acne. Using them together has improved my skin so much.
>>
>>8824691
Thank you for your direct answer.

It just feels like every beginner guide I've read, gives like 6-7 products to try all at once. Not one of them actually gives a timeline to try it. I've researched what I can otherwise I would have gotten the cleanser, toner then an active, just basing it chronologically.

I plan on trying the three things I've gotten, adding something new every two weeks but I just wanted to make sure that I'm going in the right order of adding them into my routine.

Thank you again
>>
just want to check - my current routine is exfoliate (not every night) -> toner -> zit cream -> lotion, is this the right order? thinking in particular about the zit cream.
also, is a cleanser 100% necessary? I usually just rinse my face off and it's been working ok I guess. if yes, eurofag cleanser recommendations would be nice
>>
>>8824817
Yes it is necessary.
Use sunscreen, especially since you exfoliate.
Decent cleansers:
>Cetaphil (UK, you can order it from Boots online but I honestly wouldn't bother)
>Eucerin DermatoCLEAN line (use the mild cleansing milk myself, love it)
>SebaMed Face & Body Lotion (some people reported increased flaking but most love it)
>SebaMed Clear Face Cleanser
>ACO 3 in 1 Cleanser for Mature Skin (N. Europe, ignore the labelling)
>Avene (expensive but if you wanna feel posh go for it I guess)
>simple (UK)
>La Roche Posay Toleriane line (simple ingredients, nothing to write home about, if your skin isn't super mega sensitive I'd skip it, it's expensive)
>>
>>8824422
>Besides that, lots of people will tell you it's hormonal but that's not usually the case.

>3 slices of pizza in one night, or gorge on chocolate while you're on your period
>while you're on your period

Uh...
>>
So does benzoyl peroxide help clear up dark acne scars?

I'm doing this wrong aren't I.
>>
How do I whiten my skin?
>>
>>8825228
Become a clown
>>
>>8825223
Vitamin C is better
>>
>>8825311
Thanks! So use benzoyl peroxide on the active acne and vitamin c on any scars/dark spots?

Any recommended vitamin C "brand"?
>>
>>8824726
Nah, it's cool anon. Skincare is so confusing because people seem to dance around answering things, or breaking it down into easy to understand tidbits. It's why I lurk these threads, at least people here are willing to explain basic skincare, let alone AHA/BHAs, which confused the hell out of me for over a year.
>>
I only just realized that benzoyl peroxide will bleach your clothes if you get it on them. I had all these fucking mystery spots on my tshirt collars. That's what it was.
>>
>>8825404
Surprise! I ruined a bunch of pillow cases and a few sets of colored towels that way.
>>
Anons! I don't really have much of skin problems. I have normal acne when I get my period, but not that much.
Tho there's one thing about my skin that really bothers me, its oily in certain spots, like my chin, or my nose, and that's it.
Besides drinking a lot of water and eating vegetables and fruits, what do you advise me to do? Is there a nice brand for oily skins? Thank you.
>>
>>8825348
Yup! I like the OST vitamin C, but I've only just started using it in the last month so can't really say how well it's working
>>
>>8825270
topkek
>>
Does anyone know how to lighten my tummy and butt area? I've been whitening my skin for 3 years with Kojic soap and my stomach and butt area are the hardest to lighten. What other strong whitening products are there I can use to whiten/lighten that area?
>>
>>8801938
>Cosrx BHA power liquid
This http://www.amazon.com/Cosrx-Bha-Blackhead-Power-Liquid/dp/B00OZEJ8R8 right?
>>
>>8825916
Yup, they only have one

>>8818615
I had the same issue as well, luckily I only had a sample pack! You could always try offering it up here for sale
>>
>>8825167
I have sunscreen and try to remember to apply it, but most of the time during the winter we have 100% cloud coverage during the day (north europe, 7-8 hours of light per day) so I don't bother unless it's actually sunny
thanks for the recommendations, I'll prob go pick up some eucerin or sebamed
>>
weird question but--
i'm a lighter-skinned black girl, like peanut butter-mocha colored, and i have a alot of skin discoloration, but it's really bad around my butt.....like my entire butt, but especially on the bottom where my it curves into my thighs, and inside my ass cheeks ;--;
it makes me super uncomfortable to be seen in my panties and i can't wear a bikini or anything; is there anything i can do?
i tried using Kojie soap, but even after like 3 months of that i didn't notice much if any change.

if i were to find some sort of skin chemical peel would that affect things?

i asked this before but forgot to check the thread now its gone
>>
File: o-PINK-LUSH-570.jpg (68 KB, 570x777) Image search: [Google]
o-PINK-LUSH-570.jpg
68 KB, 570x777
>http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/22/girls-skin-turns-pink-after-using-lush-product_n_9048036.html?ir=UK+Style&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

lol
>>
>>8802873
Suggestions on a micro needle tool?
>>
>>8826141
You should be wearing sunscreen even if it's cloudy, because the UV rays can still come through. It's not a lot, but a little can add up in the long run.
>>
>>8826243
You know that's actually normal, right?
skin bleaching is probably the only way to actually reduce it, or at least that what porn actors do. Google anal bleaching.
>>
File: SkinCare.png (532 KB, 1190x710) Image search: [Google]
SkinCare.png
532 KB, 1190x710
Complete skin moron here.

Need a bit of help setting up a good routine. I'm a dude if that makes any difference. The products I use are pretty much word of mouth stuff.

>Whenever I wash my face with any sort of cleanser or after I shower or shave, my face feels incredibly dry and "hard" until I moisturize.

>I have to shave daily, as my facial hair grows back incredibly fast

>Do I mix the suncreen with the moisturizer? If I just use sunscreen, my face still feels incredibly dry and hard

>After I shower, I pat dry my face. Sometimes I see all this white dead skin all over my face. It's not a white towel, and I feel like I really wash my face thoroughly, but it's always there.

>No acne really, unless I eat some really greasy food in which case I'm guaranteed to get whiteheads

Anything I should add to my regimen to make my skin better or deal with the dryness?
>>
File: hadalabo.jpg (44 KB, 470x300) Image search: [Google]
hadalabo.jpg
44 KB, 470x300
Anyone got opinions on the Hada Labo skincare line? I moved to Japan but am on the whole pretty unfamiliar with their skincare brands, but I see a lot of buzz online about Hada Labo. Anyone here use any products? Recommendations?
>>
>>8826994
Never used that, but I really miss senka hoshitsu lotions. My skin is combo with really bad dryness in the winter, and it's two-step lotion (first the watery one, then the thicker, creamier one) moisturized super well without making me oily or breaking me out.
It's also cheap and comes in two types based on your skin type/needs.
>>
>>8827019
Ooooh, I have the same problem (combination with dryness in the winter). Gonna go check that out!
>>
>>8826972
Read
>>8809896

Now, I'm going to start off and say you only need one face wash, not two, and that you should avoid products with Microbeads. They are abrasive, and also if you are in the US, they will be taken off of shelves within the next few months because they pollute the water supply.
You do your routine once in the morning and once a night, every day. You gotta look fresh for the day and clean off any accumulated dirt and oil from the day.

The white flakes that come off when you wipe down your face are dead skin cells. This is normal, your skin regularly sheds. This is why you have an exfoliater, which you use twice a week if it's a scrub. It doesn't hurt to lightly rub your washcloth over your face every night during your shower, not a hard scrub, but gently rubbing it with the terrycloth helps lightly remove dead skincells. It should help with those white flakes you see.

You're a dude, so I don't know if you're up for a total basic routine which includes a toner. It may actually help make shaving go smoother? I'm not sure but Thayer's brand Witch Hazel is our general reccomendation. Cetaphil is a good moisturizer, if you feel like you want something more, try Aloe Vera gel. I've heard from guy friends that they find it soothing after a shave, and you can cary around a little travel sized thing of it during the day if dry skin.

You can also mix sunscreen with moisturizer, but it's not necessary. Just put on your moisturizer, wait a bit for it to sink in, then add the sunscreen. Now for the sunscreen, I don't particularly care for Nutrogena brand, it doesn't absorb too well. Also, generally sunscreens don't actually go higher than SPF35. Even when the number says 60, 100, etc, it doesn't do anything more than a 35 would do. It's your call if you honestly care about that.

Acne is directly linked to your diet, a shitty diet with junky and greasy foods, your skin will reflect that. Avoid greasy foods, soda, junk food in general.
>>
>>8827055

I am in the U.S.

I never knew they were getting rid of micro bead stuff.

Thanks a lot. I have so many fucking products from my fashionable friends who go "try this! try this!". I probably have like 30 products sitting under my sink. I can't wait to toss them out. That list you linked is simple and to the point.

Yeah, I think the Cetaphil is fine after I shave.

I wasn't aware regarding the sunscreen. I won't waste my money buying anything above 35 SPF, since it tends to be more expensive.

Do you have a sunscreen you'd recommend?

Again, thanks for the help.
>>
How do I deal with dry scalp? I use this tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner, but it doesn't really help too much. Does showering every day alleviate it?

My head just flakes like crazy, and I know it's not dandruff because that's supposed to be sort of waxy, large flakes, while mine is clearly white dead skin specks.
>>
>>8827062
No problem, I understand the feeling of having too many products from friends reccomending stuff to me. You honestly only really need like three or four things if you just do the daily basics. Not to mention what's good for one person's skin might not be good for yours. If you want a rundown on the microbead ban you can read it here:
>http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/health/obama-bans-microbeads/

Anons in these threads talk regularly about sunscreen, so I learned about that here actually. I just find Neutrogena annoying, since I used it before, it doesn't seem to all rub in right? L'Oreal Paris has a pretty good one called Advanced Suncare. You said you had dry skin, so there's also Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch sunscreen. Those were two easy to get drugstore sunscreens I've used and liked, maybe other anons can chime in with easy to get reccomendations?

As for a scrub, to help remove dead skin, there's
>Aveeno Daily Brightening scrub
>Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Those are two easy to get, drugstore brand scrubs. The second one is more of a mask, you leave it on for a few minutes and then scrub it like you're using a cleasner, and wash it off. Both are very gentle and not overdrying. You only use it two or three times a week, and it gets off the accumulated dead skin cells.
>>
My hair has been thinning and someone gave me a bottle of biotin 5000mcg. It mentions that it's maximum strength, so is this OK to use without consulting a medical professional first?
>>
>>8827339
Use very very sparingly
>>
>>8827339
I agree with >>8827371 and would still contact a dermatologist to see how often you should take it if at all. I have thinning hair too and have biotin, but not 5000mcg...
>>
>>8827371
I've read that some people take it daily which is surprising to me since this seems like a relatively large dose. I was thinking of just taking it once a week.
>>8827405
Did you consult a dermatologist before taking biotin, and how much is the dosage that you take?
>>
>>8826963
is it normal?
it definitely seems uncommon

bottom of my ass looks yucky

i'd love to bleach my taint, i wonder how much it costs

i just want to feel like i can wear a bikini this summer
>>
>>8827405
Get checked MTHFR! Biotin (folic acid based) and it cause nearly all of my hair to fall out.
Try Methylated B12 or (activated) Folate.
>>
>>8816159
>>8816272

Actually I second this, and the baby blue one smells SO amazing too. Just make sure your lips are kept exfoliated.
>>
File: 1419329852038.gif (2 MB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
1419329852038.gif
2 MB, 500x438
>start new routine to help cope with problems caused by new medicine
>Seems to be working
>holy shit I'm looking fly af
>start new job two weeks ago
>workplace is a mess
>lots of stress
>skin breaks out
>problems I've never had before
>lizard skin, flaking, redness everywhere
>skin routine doesn't work anymore
>too poor to change my entire routine
>mfw
>>
>>8828049
it's temporary, your skin should clear up once your stress level drops. I've been getting flareups too because of graduation approaching (plus I just started another product), I went from practically clear skin to red blotches and four spots I'm breaking out on

tips on what to do when travelling by plane? should I invest in those mini-size makeup bottles to bring along my skincare shit? I'm only going for 4 days this time, how bad do you reckon it'll be?
I'd also appreciate any suggestions to make me bother doing my routine twice a day
>>
>>8827606
Biotin can cause your hair to fall out? Wow. I thought it was supposed to support hair and nail growth
Nice to know, thanks anon
>>
>>8828116
Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I think some anon furth up posted about biotin causing b5 deficencies if you take too much.
>>
>>8828114
>Not doing routine twice a day

I...What? It's not like it's that hard? You just do it after you take your shower, and then in the morning when you wake up. It's hardly five minutes of your time if it's a basic routine. Get your shit together.
>>
>>8828213
I don't have the chance to take a shower every day but that's beside the point - I struggle with even getting out of bed and dressed in the mornings half of the time. I'm not much of a makeup person either so before makeup isn't really a thing. I'm looking for some sort of motivation to push myself
>>
File: s1473735-main-Lhero.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
s1473735-main-Lhero.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
What's your opinion on this glamglow mask? It was recommended to me for removing blackheads, and while it does get rid of some of them, I still have an insane amount all over my nose, cheeks, and chin. They may be enlarged pores too, no idea really. I'm going to try the routine mentioned in >>8809439 their link, but my skin is relatively unresponsive to most things, so I was totally shocked when this mask even made a slight difference. Only thing is, it burns like hell.
>>
>>8828243
Honestly, the truth is you need to motivate yourself? What can we say to you, as random strangers on the internet, to heartfully motivate you to get off of your ass? Unless you are physically disabled in some sort of way, you need to take that intiative. No body is going to help you if you can't help yourself. If you want pretty skin then you need to motivate yourself to have it. You're honestly saying you can't take five minutes in the morning to do a quick wash, tone and slap on some lotion? You brush your teeth, don't you? Well you do it right before or after. Hell, you could do this while taking a shit on the toilet.
Grow the fuck up and take control of your life, otherwise enjoy having greasy, dull looking skin. Get your priorities staight.
>>
>>8828243
I used skincare as a way to help pull myself out of depression. Even if I had nothing else I could look forward to, I could take care of my face. And having a routine made me less stressed out.
>>
>>8828492
This. If anything having really nice skin made me less depressed. Plus it pushed me into a routine. I did skincare and got plants to take care of and forced myself into a schedule. Someone's gotta keep those fuckers from dying.
>>
>>8828492
I think anon was just implying that they suck at getting up in the mornings. Sometimes I just roll out of bed throw on some clothes and go to class, but honestly it feels better to be in a routine and give myself at least 10 minutes to get ready.
>>
File: IMG_9113 copy.jpg (350 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9113 copy.jpg
350 KB, 1600x1200
I bought the Missha Wonder Woman cushion compact but I hate their BB cream formulation and would like to replace it with my own. Anyone done this before?

As far as I can tell I just need to take apart the compact, clean out what's inside, and replace with my own sponge + BB cream, but the Missha sponges are sold out on their site: http://www.misshaus.com/magic-cushion-case-replacement-sponge-for-15g-case.html If anyone knows where I can buy them I'd probably be set.
>>
>>8828576
I believe that you can probably put any BB cream refills in there, since most Korean companies are owned by Amore Pacific (?). So honestly, any replacement sponge should be fine. Do a bit of googling about creating your own BB compact, I believe there's a lot of articles on it. If you need help, I can help you look a bit later.
>>
>>8828505
Hell yeah I also picked up caring for plants. I cultivate echeveria. It's super easy and they're adorable.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.