[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
saw this was on sale. anyone used it? i have heard mix reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: il_570xN.815326443_4w3x.jpg (130 KB, 570x812) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.815326443_4w3x.jpg
130 KB, 570x812
saw this was on sale. anyone used it? i have heard mix reviews and wondering if it is a good pattern
>>
I haven't used it, but I have heard it's not great for tall people.
>>
File: CX_RDYDVAAAjie4.jpg large.jpg (149 KB, 1023x733) Image search: [Google]
CX_RDYDVAAAjie4.jpg large.jpg
149 KB, 1023x733
The Yaya Han X JoAnn collaboration line Cosplay Fabrics is coming out in March. That huge sticker...
>>
>>8800340
I feel like this might be cool (especially to get some variety in the pleather that joann offers) but i think there is a lot of potential for it to be overpriced. Ah well, coupons galore.
>>
>>8800310
In the torso? Or the limbs? One is easier to fix than the other.

Bodysuits in general are difficult things to make patterns for because there is so much variability in body shapes and proportions. If you're not altering it to fit, it will look like shit regardless of your body type.
>>
>>8800344
I heard the whole bodysuit was designed for like someone 5'2" or shorter, so probably both the torso and the limbs need to be lengthened for the average American to wear.
>>
What are some other good body suit patterns you guys have used?
>>
>>8800392
i'm 5'4" and it was fine for me, i even sized down but i have a really short torso
>>
File: M7340.jpg (22 KB, 450x475) Image search: [Google]
M7340.jpg
22 KB, 450x475
Does anyone know how easy (or hard) is it to convert the bodice-to-sleeve seams into regular sleeve holes instead of raglan sleeves on the Yaya Han bodysuit pattern for men (McCall 7340)?
>>
File: 3052.jpg (233 KB, 900x1175) Image search: [Google]
3052.jpg
233 KB, 900x1175
>>8800423
Old Faithful
>>
>>8800392
>>8800453
i'm also 5'4" and had to lengthen the legs a little. I also realised after making it i should have slightly lengthened the body too.
Aside from that it was a really good pattern
>>
>>8800794
Not the person who asked, but would that pattern be a good base for pic related? I've never done a bodysuit before and the colored parts of this have me a little stumped.
>>
File: Muntoe13186621692.jpg (97 KB, 600x855) Image search: [Google]
Muntoe13186621692.jpg
97 KB, 600x855
>>8801586
Dropped pic.
>>
>>8801586
>>8801588
Haven't used either pattern for a bodysuit, but make a mockup using fabric with the same stretch as your final project. You can tailor the mockup to fit you, sketch out the details onto the fabric, then cut the mockup apart to use as a pattern. Maybe Yaya's would be good since it has that panty part in it already?
>>
>>8800794
Superior
>>
File: CYOsc7BUsAEPyqx.jpg large.jpg (307 KB, 1023x733) Image search: [Google]
CYOsc7BUsAEPyqx.jpg large.jpg
307 KB, 1023x733
What can you ever make from this?
>>
>>8803657
A walking headache.
>>
>>8802017
>>8800794
Is this actually a good pattern? It looks terrible...
>>
Ordrered through McCalls site. Kwiksew faits me just okay, so I will try out pattern soon.
>>
>>8803657
You can cosplay your favorite character sent through google's deep dream. Just be sure to attach random dog faces everywhere.
>>
I feel like this would be a good enough base pattern for a lot of cosplays I want to do this year. (Ladybug, Spider Gwen, D.va etc)
Maybe I'll buy and post results
>>
>>8800794
>>8803669
This pattern is amazing if you're just after a simple bodysuit. It's my go to.
>>
File: 3135_1.jpg (453 KB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
3135_1.jpg
453 KB, 1500x2000
>>8800423
I highly recommend Jalie's Skinsuit pattern. I'm 5'9" and didn't have any trouble fitting the torso or limbs.
>>
Sewer rant. I live my friends but when I asked them to help me pin mockups for tailoring I always get really screwy results. I'd live a dress form but too much of an investment right now especially for my tiny space and I hear they can be kinda unreliable
>>
>>8804920
A dressform is a good base to have, especially when you want to pin things and start fitting it. That or seeing how everything looks put together.

You could always do a duct tape dress form. You would probably have an easier time having a place to put it away (like a closet) and it shouldnt cost you a lot of money to make.

http://so-sew-easy.com/diy-duct-tape-dress-form/
>>
>>8804935
See, I didn't trust my family to help me pin things to myself, so I made a duct tape dress form but I needed their help with hard to reach areas and they fucked it up so now I'll be buying a dressform anyway.

I just bought this pattern, planning on using it to make Eva plugsuits but I'm undecided on which fabric to pick. I don't want to use lycra, rather something thicker, but not as shiny as vinyl. Looking forward to seeing yaya's fabric line as I think she's going to have some rubbery stretch fabrics that'll be perfect
>>
>>8804959
Just an idea but I've wondered about how it would look to use PUL for a bodysuit. It has a pearl sheen and is breathable but shiny. Might be a little thin but maybe with two layers it could work. I've only used it one to make a wet looking tongue for a plushie
>>
I used this recently OP and I'm 5'6, with a size 8 top and 10 bottom half.

I really liked this pattern, it was fairly easy to make, fits like a glove, it was the first time I've worn a catsuit and felt good in it!
>>
on topic, any patterns out there that don't just stop at the ankles but include feet? Last time I tried to do it from scratch I fucked up and struggled hard.
>>
>>8801588
How accurate do you want it? Because you may want a dart under the bust to make your tits look like that. You can also either fit the black part into your whole bodysuit (easy) or wear them over (also easy), but if you do the latter I would recommend making sure that you have actual boots over stockings and that your gloves are noticeably bulky.

>ot but omg her fucking thighs are so grossly wrong
>>
>>8805039
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll buy some samples and see how it feels. Trusting I can get some very seamless slimwear I have no issue with the fabric being thin, I don't want to be sweating buckets in thick fabric
>>
>>8800453
>>8801297
>>8805055
Is this pattern good for someone under 5'2" with non-Yaya Han proportions? Would alterations be needed for the suit to make it fit better?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.