[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita Communities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: image.png (568 KB, 726x380) Image search: [Google]
image.png
568 KB, 726x380
The old thread died

I'm curious -
Nobody likes everyone, but do you like your local community overall? Why/why not?
What would you do to change it?
Even if there are problems, are you glad you joined?
>>
i want to leave my community and become a lone lolita. the ones in my community i thought were my friends turned out to be backstabbing bitches and tried to turn more girls against me so i cant trust them. even though its a big city it feels like its the regulars who hate me and i dont know why they're doing this. i havent gone to any meets in months because i dont want to see them but its annoying because i want to wear my dresses out. i just dont like wearing them alone because of all the questions i get. theres another community but its 3-4 hours away, but they seem nicer. think its worth it?
>>
I live in kind of a weird area, all of the closest comms to me are 2.5-3 hours away. I personally think it's kinda far to drive by myself with my busy schedule. Is this a normal amount of time to travel for a comm? I was kind of thinking trying to start a comm closer to where I live, but I don't want to be seen as a special snowflake. What do I do? Anyone I know in irl that is into Lolita is in these far away comms.
>>
I'm techicilly in two different comms, but i mostly go to one over the other. Not saying i like that comm more, i've just made more friends in the another comm. My home comm is sweet and accepting(so is 2ndcomm) but i don't really connect that much with the girls though.
>>
I'm new to the fashion, and while my comm is full if very sweet people, they're all already good friends, and it's been difficult getting to know anyone. It doesn't help that they don't like to stick around and talk; most of them seem to prefer to go to whatever the event is, see what there is to see, and then leave without socializing much.

There are other comms in cities nearby, but I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to know them since I'll be moving soon anyway. Oh well.
>>
I was somewhat hesitant to join a comm but I'm really glad I did. My local comm is full of sweet girls, it's very active with at least one meet a month, usually more, they're always ready and willing to give advice, it's just a really pleasant environment.
>>
I both love and hate my comm. Everyone I have met and spoke to has been wonderful people, but the divide and the elitist private comms, girls who avoid or ignore lolitas from the other groups, private meets, kinda leave a bad taste in my mouth. Yeah I know, they are all friends, whatever. The non ita (and sometimes ita) newbies (0-3 years) tend to be very nice people.
>>
>>8802415
Private meets are fine, anon, they're usually just friend outings and happen to all be wearing lolita, and besides, it's not like you HAVE to hang out with someone based on their clothes, or how nice they are for that matter.
>>
My comm is really quiet, save for the couple e-fame hungry people. I just wish more people would plan meetups, though, since it's been me plus a couple other people only who has planned the majority of the past several meets.
>>
File: 1451595979436.jpg (229 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
1451595979436.jpg
229 KB, 500x705
>>8802296
Me too anon, got into Lolita a year ago and some of them are really nice, but apart of the fashion I have almost nothing in common with them, and also they are very good friends, so yeah, sometimes I don't even know what to say so I just stay silent, I didn't go to some meets lately.

I guess it's my fault too since I am very anxious and my life and interests are quite boring.
>>
>>8802425
Yeah I know that but I'm talking a meet of 20+ people. That's basically their whole comm.
>>
File: child.jpg (139 KB, 770x927) Image search: [Google]
child.jpg
139 KB, 770x927
My comm is okay but the main meet hosters are

a) underage tranny whos illegally buying hormones so they can gloat online, whos defense squad run to the aid of every time someone mentions them buying hormones illegally and probably destroying their body who also likes to selfpost on cgl

b) a poorly dressed chubby chan eliteist with a superiority complex who seems to think classic is lolitas saving grace and that without it theyll be nothing but another dirty evul sweet lolita (exception being the efamus ones who can send attention her way) our comns true saving grace

c) badly shooped efame hungry autist whos unable to handle meet related critisisim and just cant for the life of her work out why she could ever be disliked, even when she pooped in the blue cabinet.

And not a meet hoster but may as well be mentioned due to her ability to attend a meet and make it a circlejerk about her:

the fat alcoholic replica wearing attention whore who wears the same dirty wig and 300 unmatching bows with every coord, who is adored on cgl even though she posts on her sjw tumblr about how notbothered she is by the evul 4chan and is an ageplayer.

If some of the attendees were not so lovely this comm woulld be a disaster, its a shame these meet hosters put up with such weirdos, theres no reason to let a dirty guy who never shaves or a sissy who wears condoms in their wig into the meets...
>>
>>8802502
> even when she pooped in the blue cabinet
wat
Also, I know you intentionally misspelled things, but you also obviously unintentionally misspelled things like criticism as well.
>same dirty wig and 300 unmatching bows with every coord, who is adored on cgl
Archive link for this, or current thread? That seems hard to believe and I'd like to see this trainwreck sounding person for myself.
>a sissy who wears condoms in their wig
Jesus Christ, you've dropped a lot of interesting tidbits in this post that need elaboration.
>>
>>8802502

>same dirty wig and 300 unmatching bows with every coord

is this that finnish/european lolita that wore different colour shoes + had gold stars clipped everywhere (including her waist)? I thought she was ripped apart last time she was posted. Bows before something?

deets, could've sworn that was a another lolita that was trying to be edgy with a ero coord?

too much drama, can't keep up
>>
Does anyone else terribly stalk their local comm page on facebook? I have no idea if everyone does it and just doesn't like or comment, or if I'm just desperate for lolita friends. God, I swear I read every single post and comment, even though some of them are stupid. I feel like I would see more lolita stuff on facebook if I was actually friends with people from my comm, but I'm so fucking spergy online for some reason. I do fine in person, but we have like 1 meet a month so lots of people still don't know me.

>>8802502
I'm an Amerifag and even I know this is Sweden
>>
>>8802279
Reach out to the other girls in those comms and say you want to start one in that area. That way they can advertise your comm to other girls who might be thinking the same thing as you, and you can come together for larger events. No idea why you think you'd be a special snowflake because you don't want to make what will end up being 5 hours minimum for a round trip.
>>
>>8802296
Lolita sleepovers are best for bonding. Or going out to the bar.
>>
>>8802530
anon is obv talking about bowsbeforeboyss. yes she's definitely chubby, crazy, and ott but she's pretty creative and has a i-don't-give-a-shit attitude which i think is what endears her to cgl. she's like a well-dressed PT, and seagulls love a good trainwreck.
either way you just sound salty swede (?) anon
>>
>>8802252
You sound like a complete sperg. Glad you aren't in my comm
>>
>>8802541
>I'm an Amerifag and even I know this is Sweden
kek same.

OP u forgot the comm list link
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evXegSoFbfEXn8o0joeA-KFvolNKPKllgvaYqNgvOiw/edit#gid=1

Does anyone know the berlin areas comm page?
I know about the event the 30-31st but since ill be there about two months or so id like to meet up with the rest of the comm if possible before then.
>>
>>8802502
is sugary frills C or are you her? Can one even talk about Sweden without mentioning her?
>>
>>8802502
Swedish comm always seem like a lovely group (apart from that mintxmint girl), why the big flare up?
>>
>>8802543
I would love both of these things, but I don't have the space to host a sleepover (and none of them know me that well so idk it feels kind if weird to me to host) and a good number of the members are underaged. Maybe I'll try to arrange something soon though.
>>
>>8802530
I believe that's a swedish saying equivalent of 'now you fucked up' or something, but my source on that is some joke 'learn swedish' video

I'm not a member of the local comm and I don't know if I want to be, the public page used to be cringe with just random dress pics off lolibrary
the group has spelling errors in its description and no one's apparently pointed it out.. for like 2 or 3 years
>>
My comm is pretty good. I love most of the girls, but it's hard to gauge how the girls are who I'm not close to, as they don't come to meets regularly. We've had a few weirdos posting on the FB page but we have minimal drama.
>>
I've been out of touch with my local comm for over a year now. I'm trying to get back into it, but there are so many new members, it's a bit overwhelming. All the people I used to hang out with have stepped back because real life got in the way (meaning, more people are working longer hours, starting to have kids, getting married, and so forth). I was already one of the oldest members of the comm when I was active, but all the new members are even younger and it's a bit awkward.

I went to a meet last month, and I had never met or even seen half of the attendees on Facebook before. It was nuts. Kind of cool, to see that the comm is expanding, but nuts.
>>
>>8803859
I think someone just feeling left out. Nothing have happened in the comm that stands out, seems more like just one salty bitch that can't take up their problems with the group and solve it a mature way.

Or, it's a troll just gathering info about what's been recently posted about on cgl in the Swedish thread. We are still a very nice community, this is just someone trying to start a fire.
>>
Generally is it normal for people to want others to plan events or meets? For years our mod planned monthly events and for a short while a newer girl has been making events with her friends. Recently I've been seeing this girl complain how hard she works and how more people should create meets while the mod has never once complained or even mentioned it. Our Comm has between 5-15 averagely depending on the meet.

>I can play leader when need be but I'm not close enough to everyone to try to organize them to make it to a meet. I'm moving rather soon and I think I may have to make my own meets because Id have to ask for English speakers because I'd still be attending language school in new area but I'm worried smaller comms may get offended.
>>
File: XESBXIV.jpg (46 KB, 639x351) Image search: [Google]
XESBXIV.jpg
46 KB, 639x351
I need to know about the Metroplex Lolita Community for personal reasons
>>
>>8802543
I would love a sleepover but hot damn, I would get too anxious about needing to fart.
>>
>>8804204
are you the anon who almost shat themselves at a tea party
>>
>>8804209
No. But I've been known to crop dust. It's even better when I'm in lolita in a crowded place, especially conventions. Nobody expects it was the dainty girl in the pretty dress that turned the hallway green.
>>
File: latest-3.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
>>8804280
Brilliant
>>
>>8804280
Baby had a corner of the dealer room at Ikkicon and I stg one of those frilly bitches laid a shit egg in their bloomers.
>>
>>8804280
kek
>>
>>8803982
what do you need to know anon
>>
>>8802582
im glad im not in your comm either, u sound like a cuntbag. hope you get a douche for all that sand
>>
>>8803982
Any specific questions or do you just want an overview?
>>
>>8804204
If you can't fart in front of someone you shouldn't be spending the night with them.
>>
>>8804300
>>8804330
An overview would be informative, good and bad I just need to know.
>>
I joined my comms fbook group a few months ago but haven't been able to attend any meets yet because I work weekends. There's one coming up that I really want to try to go to but its across town from my job so I'll only be able to stay about an hour to leave myself time to change before work. Plus I'll probably need a new dress for it since none of the few dresses I have are suitable for the activity (could get messy). Ugh I just want to make lolita friends asap
>>
>>8804328
>im
>u

Really glad my comm isn't full of 13 year old degenerates
>>
File: 1452162324952.jpg (253 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
1452162324952.jpg
253 KB, 1080x1283
>>8804533
>being this much of a victim
>>
>>8804533
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>8802279
Are you me anon? I have to travel 3 hours to go to my comms meets too. There's a few girls that do meets near me but they're under age or really conservative, the girls three hours away from me are around my age (late 20's, early 30's) and don't mind having a glass of wine with dinner
>>
>>8804383
Everything is gumdrops and rainbows, anon.
>>
>>8804574
It's pretty nice. I think there are a few cliques but everyone is usually pretty open and nice at the big meets. There are your handful of itas and I think most of them are very new, I saw photos of the nov/dec meets and didn't recognize most of the girls, but the ones who have been here for over a year can mostly offer decent coords and good company.

Most of them are very nice. I've only met a handful who are particularly standoffish or bitchy but the good thing is they don't hide it. But that's only maybe 5 or 6 girls of the 100+ on the active ones that I'm aware of. As a majority it actually is a bit of sunshine and rainbows because it's usually a happy comm. They offer a lot of advice in and out of Lolita from what I've seen on fb so they're good company. I made my best friend in the comm, but I think that's just DFW folks altogether. They're good people.
>>
>>8804578, sorry, meant for >>8804383
>>
File: 1439072165284.jpg (162 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1439072165284.jpg
162 KB, 500x405
I like my comms members but I'm always annoyed by the handful of e-fame hungry girls we have.

None of us care about your blogs.
>>
>>8804383
The comm is nice and there really isn't a lot of drama. Anything drama related is taken care of out of the comm and doesn't drag other members in or make people pick and choose friends and whatnot. We have a healthy flow of meets every weekend and make sure to not exclude anyone. Mods are good at deleting anything unrelated to the comm that might stir up excitement and everyone is pretty helpful when questions are asked.

>>8804578
I'd like to think the cliques in the comm aren't terrible because it's mostly the people who have been friends longer. We don't have a lot of "new" people coming to meetups unless they recently moved to the area for the most part. That being said, I don't think the cliques we have are of malicious intent.

tl;dr we aren't a very negative comm. Every comm has clique issues and every comm has an ounce of drama but ours for the most part is minimal from what I've experienced. We have a lot of active members in the group and our meetups range in size and location. A lot of the members live in the Dallas county area with a few in Denton and Tarrant. It's a nice flux.
>>
I've been a member of my comm's FB for a while now but have never gone to a meetup. I really want to, but I somehow can't find any meetup discussions or announcements of meets aside from tea parties at anime cons, which I personally have no interest in. I do see a lot of coord posts and girls mentioning going on lolita outings with friends but those are probably private hangouts. Would it be weird to make a post asking the comm at large about meetups and why there don't seem to be any? Or should I message a mod? The obvious solution would be to organize one myself but I don't feel confident with taking all the responsibility of organizing an outing for people I have never even met. The last thing I "organized" was my 8th birthday party and my mom was the one doing all the work.
>>
>>8804797
Apparently they care about their blogs though? Why are you trying to invalidate what makes them happy by throwing labels on them?
>>
>>8802415
I think I'm in the same comm and I feel exactly the same way. Everyone seems nice but there's this weird rift and history that lead to the two comm groups things... I'm one of the newer members and it is definitely weird to walk into.
>>
>>8804828
Are you in a major city? They might have a main comm that doesn't do meets anymore, there might be side comms.
>>
My local comm is literally like 4 people including myself. Thankfully we all dress well. Our state does have its own comm, but there aren't many more girls out there and they tend to be pretty ita. We're also all pretty spread out across the state, so there aren't a ton of meets. There's a big comm in the state next to ours so sometimes we'll make the trip up there to go to their meets. It's only a few hours each way so it's not terrible.
>>
>>8804891
Because in every topic thread its "I wrote about this on my blog!" "I mentioned it on my blog!" and they link to it instead of actually posting to the comm. And that's all they do. They rarely ever post or talk except to promote their blogs.
It just comes across as self serving and looking for an audience and not friends.
>>
>>8805333
This sounds exactly like the people in my comm who are e-fame hungry on YouTube. All they do is talk about their videos constantly and do collabs with each other. It's gotten to the point where some of them have even gotten in trouble with the comm mods because they would vlog meetups without people's permission.
>>
>>8804564
Sounds very similar to my situation. You wouldn't happen to be from Pennsylvania, would you? Hahah
>>
I just joined a comm, and went to my first meet up. Everyone was really sweet, but the comm is notorious for being horribly petty and drama filled on /cgl/; to a point where people from out of the country are sick of them. I wonder if they just over exaggerated it, or if Im just not "in" enough to notice yet.
>>
I left my comm recently after near ten years of being a member. It used to be lovely and we all got along well. Then about 6 years ago some big drama happened causing the good miss to leave and the Cgl dwelling members to take over. We all come here but there is rules about not posting images from the closed group page. That rule got thrown out and the new head mod posts the new Lolitas constantly. If someone else posts images from the group she hunts them down and bans them to keep up good appearences.

Almost all the original members have left since she took over. Most of us are still friends personally and want to make our own group for people she's driven out of the group. But she keeps trying to slander us for "taking her memembers". All we want to do is make a safe place for local Lolitas to share their progress in the fashion without fearing of getting posted.
>>
I'm moving to the San Antonio area soon- does anyone know much about the SATX comm?
>>
>>8805425
We have a few girls doing that in our comm. It's not even a polite "hey do you guys want to be in my vlog? Or is it okay to have a shot of you guys?"
It's just welp here's a camera in your face, act natural, don't mind me teehee!!

Half the time it's when we're eating. Nothing more kawaii when your face is stuffed with food and you're trying to have a nice chat with your friends. I can't say anything without being labelled a elitist...
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 218x231
>>8805651
If she's as bad as you are saying, then make the new group and be the good mod you want to be.
>>
>>8805656
Averagely dressed, nice people. 7/10 would join if I was closer.
>>
>>8799979
I love my comm, there are some girls who wear horrible milanoo and handmade shit but they're nice and fun to hang out with. There are some who dress nice, and a lot of girls who dress just OK. A lot of the girls are older, which is also nice. I find them easier to talk to (less spastic and annoying)
>>
The mod of my current community is a total pain in the ass.
She's ALMOST 14, only owns a JSK that she hopes she will "someday" fit even though she is currently morbidly obese. She constantly talks about loving decora/fairy key because you can get everything at claire's and it's "really easy"
She bitches about how mean online drama people-including getting tearful that people allegedly doxxed various members and on lolcow.
I can't stand her. She also constantly changes setting on the page from closed to private to public because "it bothers her friend to see her posting on the page"
I was wearing cream cookie collection and she didn't even recognize the print when I did a meet.
probably will continue this rant later. advice, gulls?
>>
Are there any gulls here whose comms don't have "official" mods? That's how my comm basically is. In a way, it works because my comm is pretty small and hosts meetups once every month or two. I'm just wondering if anyone is the same way.
>>
>>8805940
I'd just make another comm to be honest.
>>
>>8805947
Smaller comms can get away with no mods. But larger comms with over 100 members need official mods to keep the creeps out and keep the group relevant. Larger cons can attract a lot of creepy men trying to get with someone who looks underage. We can blame the age players for that one.
>>
>>8805662
I hate having my pics on the internet (especially in scenarios where it can possibly turn out unflattering). I usually speak with the photographer in private and ask about not posting pictures or video of me online. No one has reacted negatively so far, and they have been very courteous about it.

Just kindly speak to her and express your concern. Everyone in the community knows how much it sucks to be captured in an unflattering way and later be ripped apart for it.
>>
>>8802252
Hi MF
>>
>>8806134
This happened to MF?
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 308x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 308x560
>>8806134
The league of legends player in me keeps reading this a Miss Fortune.
>>
>>8799979
I've only been to a few meets with my comm but desu they aren't all that friendly. I found it very difficult to make any friends in the comm since its quite large and everyone is very clique-ish. There isn't much, if any, drama but most people seem quite snobbish in general which makes them really unwelcoming to newcomers. Everyone dresses really well so that isn't much of a concern.
>>
>>8805947
We've had official mods from the very start, even though our comm is under 100 members. I think it's just hugely dependent on the area in which your comm is and what kind of applicants you'd expect or get. We have to weed out a lot of cosplayers (who have no interest in lolita) and creeps so it's always been easier to have a consistent moderation process for that.
>>
>>8805656
Everyone's nice, average to well dressed, about 10 people~ who regularly attend meetups, I've seen as many at 30 show. San Antonio isn't a very frilly city so meetups can be kind of hard to plan, and it's hard to work around people's schedules. But no drama, and it's pleasant to be in, just don't expect a meetup every weekend unless you want to plan it.
>>
Rip /cgl/ the only online community that mattered now you are full of tumblrinas and SJWs and I've never seen you so slow was great while it lasted
>>
>>8806039
Not saying I would go against someone's wishes if they asked this, or that I'd be rude to them because I've worked in customer service, so I know how to deal with people and give them what they want so they shut up, but god this is irritating. Like you go ask them to not post you online? I'd laugh as soon as you were done talking to me.
>>
>>8805940
How the fuck did she become mod?
>>
>>8806423
You sound like you have a ton of friends.

One of my comm members asks to not get tagged in photos and generally trys to avoid photos because shes about 30 with a career and can't be too public with things. We had an issue with a tea event holding its own lolita event and they tagged everyone on instagram, which we had to share to go, on the multiple photos they took of her and others not all of which were very nice.
>>
>>8806396
Good to hear. I'm in ATX but I'm always looking to make more friends. Would love to try to do another ATX/SATX meet sometime.
>>
>>8805656
>>8805822
>>8806396
I heard one of the mods for SATX is batshit crazy and to be careful about mentioning Houston to her because she'll go off on a rant and rampage if you do.
>>
>>8806473
Hah, by "I heard" I'm taking it as "I'm saying." Anyway, that could be literally 90% of Texas loltias.
>>
File: Y6VOtCM.png (489 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Y6VOtCM.png
489 KB, 600x450
Can somebody tell me wtf this was about? Somebody shit themselves at a meet?
>>
>>8806495
Someone probably just farted loudly and on purpose
>>
>>8806495
Probably someone farted and crop-dusted someone else at a meet instead of going to the bathroom to pass gas.
>>
>>8806495
>>8804150
>>
>>8806564
I feel bad now.
>>
>>8806471
That'd be fun, and give new members a chance to meet each other!
>>
>>8806473
Ummm... no. People aren't fans of AM or John or Leigh but nobody is going off on anybody or being batty.
>>
>>8806423
Why?
>>
>>8804812
I agree with all of this. I like our comm.
>>
>>8806426
she started the group.....
>>
>>8807618
Then what the fuck did you join? Make a new one and run it properly. You might get some hate on her end but just be the one that takes it with grace and make a good comm that isn't run by a raging weeb.
>>
Reposting from the Lolita General Thread because I misposted.

I'm moving soon and I just got really used to the central florida lolita society. Are there any societies based in NY (state), Pennsylvania, Or Conneticut that you say are pleasant ( I don't mind a little saltiness but relatively drama free) and active? I'm going to be in southern NY closer to Pennsylvania but I don't mind traveling a bit in either direction.
>>
>>8806423
Why? You sound you are under 20 years old and your whole life is online. Most people above that age value online privacy. A lot of job recruiters look at social media today.

She wouldn't be asking an event photographer to delete every pic with a trace of her, just candid ones, and ones that feature her. Obviously posed group photos are okay since the person is voluntarily standing in them.
>>
Does anyone happen to know anything about the Statesboro, GA comm? I applied to join a few months ago but haven't gotten any response yet so I guess the group is dead. I'm in the Savannah comm and can attend meets there on occasion but I think that having a comm closer to have meets with would be really nice. Is anyone else in statesboro? Is that group completely dead? Would it be pointless to maybe make a new one?
>>
>>8806423
Some people avoid their picture being posted because of stalkers or something else that can pose a danger to them. Don't be such a dick and laugh at people who want their privacy. Attending a closed-group event is not an invitation to be publicly blasted everywhere.
>>
>>8802502
please tell me who A and B is. Sounds like some interesting train wrecks to follow on tumblr.
>>
>>8817531
>being too new to recognise A based on the description
they're not that interesting, OP just seems to be salty because someone else gets the attention.
>>
I like my local comm, but they're not very active on Facebook. I've been to more meet ups in a different comm than my local one because they are more fun. The people in my local comm are all very nice and I wish I had a chance to get to know them a bit more, but the meet ups are usually boring or not during times where I can go anyway.
>>
>>8799979
I'm actually thinking about stepping away from my comm for a bit, if not leaving lolita altogether.

One of the main reasons I've stayed in the fashion for so long was the community aspect, I enjoy hosting meets and getting to meet newcomers and catch up with old friends. Lately though a lot of the newer girls who joined maybe 2-3 years ago have started to really ruin it for me.

Super cliquey and at times highly judgemental staying in the community is starting to become quite a task.

I want to just detach myself from the situation entirely.
>>
My comm has a lot of underage people. I don't have much in common with them. Some of the older people are really nice and much better dressed. I wish we had more meets though. We tend to have less than one a month. I'm just really lonely and would like to make some lolita friends. I guess I should host some.
>>
>>8802540
It was a joke in an overly-ero coord, not trying to be edgy or serious. I got the impression they weren't serious with anything about the coord, that person is dressed good otherwise.
>>
>>8808561
>You sound you are under 20 years old and your whole life is online.
Oh, is this one again
>>
>>8812878
I said I wouldn't be rude to them, did you not read that part?
>>
>>8819546
I read that part. I also read the part where you need to stop being retarded and accept that you don't have reasons to feel so superior because someone asked you to respect their privacy. You're the faggot you laughed at being asked. Start thinking outside of your asshole.
>>
I'm probably going to be taking a break from my comm. Jax, Fl comm is going downhill again..would probably be better off going to the central or tally comm meetups because ours are pretty lame now.
>>
Besides everyone being so cute, I love my comm because everyone is sexy as hell. If i wasn't so shy, id let them do anything to me.
>>
>>8819595
Were you active in the Jax comm?
>>
>>8819595
Deets
>>
>>8819455
I used to feel really stuck in the middle in my comm. Most of the regulars and better-dressed girls are 24-26 and working. Most of the rest of the comm are 13-16-year-old high schoolers, and I was a 19-year-old student. But I transferred to an area with a better university and the new comm is full of students, so now I'm actually in the dominant group.
>>
>>8819762
Nice B8 m8
>>
>>8819811
>tfw you're gay but comm is ugly
>>
I've only heard good things about the Seattle comm but I just have a hard time believing it. It sounds sort of dead, so maybe that's why.
>>
I had a friend who moved to my comm from cali who claimed her comm had sex parties. Not to put anyone on the spot, but do people really do that???
>>
If it were not for a few friends, I'd leave the comm. it has come down to the mods and volunteers from the Ohio comm handing out best dressed awards to itas. The best dressed award was given to an ita during the Ohayocon Lolita crush panel. Full blown ita. Milanoo tier outfit with fox ears. There were plenty of well dressed Lolita's and the mods and etlists of the group ignored them. They stayed within their snobby clique.
>>
>>8819915
Wow. If someone can confirm, that's shitty.

>>8819833
iktf. All but like two cute girls in my comm are chubby/fat (not bad, just not my type), and both of them are engaged/married. I wish I could meet and hit it off with a fellow lesbian/bi lolita.
>>
File: 1359276029547.png (34 KB, 386x389) Image search: [Google]
1359276029547.png
34 KB, 386x389
>>8819915
There are a number of well dressed lolitas in Ohio. We actually had a well dressed brolita in the Comm before he left and he won the best dressed award last year.

It's important to help out those who are joining the fashion. We all need to navigate them to coord better and buy better pieces instead of Milanoo. You don't seem to be helping out making the Comm better. It takes time and dedication.
>>
>>8819934
Not that anon, but how does giving itas a best-dressed award equal "helping them out"?
>>
>>8819971
I didn't say that the person in question be given the award. I wished the judges would take into account the coord each lolita was wearing. Of course the Lolita Crush Panel was a clusterfuck from the beginning due to poor planning and procrastination. The Comm asked for help to assess what could be done last year, but this was thrown out by the people who ran Ohayocon. This is not the Comm's fault here.
>>
>>8819925
Please be in the atl comm <3
>>
>>8819771
Yeah but let's face it. The comm itself isn't that active unless you want to count mall meetups as spectacular.
>>
>>8806568
Oh for christ sake, it's a FART. We all fart, it's smelly and embarrassing but we all do it. Maybe it's the 12 year old in me but if I was at a meet and some girl in a frilly dress farted loudly I'd probably die laughing, it's nothing to get so worked up over. If fart-chan is reading this, done sweat it. If that comm doesn't want to talk to you after a goddamn fart those aren't people you need in your life.
>>
>>8819846
I've only heard bad things about it, but I don't live there so who knows.
>>
>>8819987
Are you living under a rock? They are one of the most active comms in FL. You sound salty anon.
>>
>>8803982

The New Year's meet was probably the best meet I've attended. Potluck could have been more coordinated (too many sweets), but the majority of the attendees were well dressed. Usually the group is hit or miss, but this time was definitely a hit. I wish pictures were taken sooner or they had posted when they'd be since people were leaving early or arriving way late. But still way more planned and attended than anything else I've seen.
>>
>>8819994
Really because the only person who host meets who was really good at going all out has pretty much gone on hiatus and half of the other meetups are mall meetups. Pretty sure Central comm is one of the most popular since they consistently have meetups. Not like half assed ones where the host shows up 35 minutes late. I think YOU live under a rock.
>>
A well known girl is making meet ups and providing food. She often requests money for coverage but in my opinion is asking way to much for how much there actually is at an event. I honestly think she's justifying this by "paying" herself for her time, which is dumb since this should be a hobby that people do for fun. Or is just straight out scamming.
>>
File: tumblr_mpafcryNoI1sxd1vyo1_500.jpg (34 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpafcryNoI1sxd1vyo1_500.jpg
34 KB, 500x475
>>8819984
Sorry, from the northern midwest.
>>
>>8820018
Nothing is stopping you from hosting a meet anon.
>>
>>8819993
I know people who moved there and are pretty bad so....
>>
>>8802502

If this is about bows before boys I find her really annoying desu... I'm not even from Sweden but I stalked her social media once and it was awful/entertaining to look at. Her best outfits are just okay, and her bad ones are absolute train wrecks. I find her overall attitude really annoying and she keeps posting weird sultry /sexy images on her instagram.
>>
>>8820027
It's fucking 20 dollars and she pays for all the food (several meal courses) and decorations herself. Get over yourself.
>>
>>8819925
>tfw know like four les/bi/pan/whatthefuckever lolitas
>none single

It's really something I'm thinking about because there's nobody in the comm I'm interested in, but I think I'd find it strange dating someone who had no interest in fashion or alt fashion at all, and I don't know how to find people that are open-minded to weird fashions (or even considering trying them) but aren't actually in them.

>just want someone to twin with
>>
>>8820027
Do you honestly KNOW how much it cost for her to buy everything? No. She is not scamming and I honestly think she should charge more. It's not JUST a hobby it is her income and another thing she loves doing.
>>
>>8820027
Which comm is this in?
>>
>>8820059
...she relies on planning meetups to get her income?
>>
>>8820065
Not just meetups. Hosting parties and events aswell.
>>
>>8820065
She doesn't rely on it for income? They cost money because it's to offset the cost of all the food.
>>
>>8820030
Too bad, we could have some fun together, but i guess i can stand my fetishes going unfulfilled another day...
>>
>>8819555
>I also read the part where you need to stop being retarded and accept that you don't have reasons to feel so superior
I didn't say that, you read into it I think.
>>
>>8820084
You're in Atlanta right anon? I'm not in Atlanta but shit I could visit sometimes. I have a boyfriend but he lets me do shit with girls...but I've yet to do shit with girls because I'm too awkward to hit on them.
>>
>>8820051

I'm not sure we are speaking of the same girl anon... as he charges more than 20. Plus with how many people she has attend it seems completely ridiculous
>>
>>8820100
*she charges, sorry
>>
>>8820099
I would love that, or i could visit you to have fun with you both. I'm kinda poor though so it might take me a while to get up there.
>>
>>8820112

>yfw you are watching people hook up via 4chan
>imokaywiththis.jpg
>>
>>8820127
Just did! Looking forward to it. <3
>>
>>8819934
Yeah that's one thing, but handing out a best dressed award to an ita is not helping her out. Its only encouraging the way she dresses. why not give her tips instead of an award?

Sure, there are plenty of well dressed Lolita's in the comm, but there is a bunch who are snoots. Just because someone is well dressed doesn't make them sweet. Like for example, J, N and Mel who are sweet hearts. They're more than welcoming to new comers, itas, ect. Then there is M, who isnt very kind. She shoots off glares and ignores those who are outside her group.
>>
>>8820145
I got it and replied!
>>
>>8820082
Well obviously it's to offset the cost of the meetup. I've hosted many large meetups where the members have to pay to participate, though often i go over budget and spend out of my own pocket anyways because i love my comm and i want to throw fun events for everyone. BUT
>>8820059
>It's not JUST a hobby it is her income

>>8820080
>not just meetups. Hosting parties and events as well

Both these anons suggest differently.
>>
>>8820018
With your attitude I hope you stay away from all Florida comms, I don't know if you've realized it or not, but North Florida is not the most exciting of places.
>>
I think I was the only brolita, and I got there late, but there were a couple of tables there that had people who seemed a little... standoffish. A friend and I got there and sure, I did have a couple people ask about my coord, but the main ones at that table and afterward at the swap meet seemed to be really standoffish to ones not in their comm. I think I caught a few disapproving looks form many of them too. IDK why, because I try to be a friendly guy, but maybe they didn't want me in their fashion.
>>
>>8820009
I think the host just wasn't sure where to line up the food given how many tables were brought out for the swap, but it was a blast. Most everyone looked amazing, I had a ton of fun, no drama, super kind. I hope we can do this every year!
>>
>>8799979
I want to just ditch my comm because they're poor and ugly, but they're so nice and welcoming. I don't wanna be seen together with old looking girls in cheap coords because as far as the people in town know I'm cute and wear european-looking clothes, not a loud crazy lady in bedsheet skirts.

The only ones I've heard talk shit about other girls are the itas ones who are cringy. They're like 35+ and have weeb animu names on their FB and post explicit yaoi shit on their public facebooks, ugh.
>>
>>8820196
Aaaawww am I too salty for you? What's wrong got your bloomers in a bunch because majority of Florida comms are mediocre?
>>
File: rofl7.gif (834 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
rofl7.gif
834 KB, 500x281
>>8804280
>No. But I've been known to crop dust
>>
>>8820263
Yeah, I do think you're too salty. But I'm hardly crying about it.

I don't know what you expect out of meets, but if Florida comms are mediocre it's because instead of having people in this state that want to make a difference and participate, we have too many people that want to bitch and complain anonymously on 4chan instead of doing something about it. And the people that do in fact do something about it get shat on. Look at the threads about Dream Fantasy Theatre for a prime example.

I don't know, maybe it's the fact that we're surrounded by ocean, but perhaps if there was less salt going around and more people actually trying to make friends it wouldn't matter if a meet was as fancy as tea at the Grand Floridian or as humble as watching Kamikaze Girls in someone's home.
>>
>>8802279
I travel at least 2 and a half hours to almost every meet I attend, due to my "local" (still an hour away) comm being dead/most of the girls in my "local" comm are in this bigger city comm anyway. I find the commute to be worth it, just because it's really nice to be with a group of like-minded people. Also, my comm is really chill and I've made a lot of close friends with some of the girls involved, so it makes it worthwhile. I would probably not be interested in the long commute if I felt the people in the comm were unlikable or rude.
>>
>>8819915
Blame that on scheduling. The printed schedule read 11:30-1:30 or some shit. The table of better dressed girls and mods were all helping or donated prizes. They were there to assist the event, not to compete. A lot of other lolitas came in as the event was wrapping up due to the printed sched being entirely wrong
>>
>>8820343
I'm aware of that, I was there. However, I don't like the cattiness and rudeness of some well dressed members including a mod. I also don't agree with them handing out the better dressed prize to an ita.
>>
>>8820385
I think you forgot that the audience voted. There were maybe 20 people who were into the fashion. The rest were cosplayers and con kids there for free food. All the lolitas couldve voted the same way and the results would have differed because of the attendance.

And who was being catty? And how?
>>
It said 11:00-1:00 and I had to ask someone which was right, so I and my friend didn't get there until they were handing out prizes or I'd have entered. Maybe. Or maybe not. I'd have lost anyway, but hey, I'd have entered. Also, why, if they knew it was going to be that way, did most of the locals end up going to a different meet? Also, why did most of the locals seem so standoffish? I could barely get any of you to talk with me, so I gave up.
>>
>>8820393
>did most of the locals end up going to a different meet?
You're the dealer right, with the friend in the witch coord?

We kept asking about crush for months in advance. Nothing. We planned our usual meetup. Still no word. Then bam two weeks later, "hey, there's this mysterious lolita crush" event on the web schedule. That's sure nice of them. Some people volunteered to help, the rest were fed up and went to the event that was already planned ahead of time. So that was Ohayocon's fuck up there.

I can't tell you why people were standoffish. Generally, most people tend to be really accepting and welcoming, but everyone varies. It might've been that we were all just kind of annoyed with the turnout of the event and everything going on with it.
>>
Yes, that was me. Ohh, there were a few who seemed pretty friendly, but most seemed to be upset about something and only stuck to their friends. I was wondering why. I actually wondered if it was me being male and in it since I have ran into people who had problems with that before.

My one brolita friend, Venus-chan, invited me to go along with the other group, but at Matsuricon I kinda got the cold shoulder from some of them too when he tried to invite me along, so I declined then. I've almost given up on doing lolita at cons in Columbus.
>>
>>8820473
I doubt it had anything to do with your gender. We have a few male lolitas in our comm and we're super chill with them. The best I can guess is that people were so fed up with the event that they just wanted to keep the negative comments within the circle of people who helped, which could come off as clique-ish
>>
It definitely felt clique-ish. I was left wondering what I did wrong, and would have left, but I wanted to stick it out and provide moral support to my friend who was there and of course at the swap meet I wanted to meet up with a couple friends who were going to be coming to it.

I was wondering if I did my coord wrong, or if it was because I am male and not exactly small, or that I didn't do any makeup (I don't know how to do it well, so I don't do it at all). I know that the main thing I did wrong was to try breaking in my boots at the con, which I still have multiple blisters and bandaids on them because of that, but I really and truly wondered if I was committing some faux pas at the con. It felt the same at Matsuricon last year too. My one friend from down in Alabama who is a brolita and is in your comm didn't have the same experience, but then he is much smaller than I am.
>>
>>8820500
I will be a bit honest here, but I don't mean it to be harsh or rude. I'm not a judgemental person and I don't let any preconceptions get in the way of getting to know someone. But you seem like you'd like a little help pointing in the right direction.

I think the difference is, not exactly weight or size. We have some others that are larger, taller, etc. I think it's that... it's hard to walk the line between a brolita/male who wears lolita and dude in a dress. The others that are in the comm now, as well as your friend do their best to look the part and try to be as well put together as they possibly can, give or take experience level and what not. Whereas it can be easy to just put on a dress, a wig, maybe do a little makeup and call it a day. But even with women, it takes more than that to really make everything in the fashion come together properly. Otherwise it can look sloppy. Although I feel with other girls, it's easier to forgive them as just being new. But with guys, we're unsure of whether you're seriously into the fashion (which I personally know you are), someone who sees it as crossplay, or just a sissy or a creep using the fashion to pick up chicks. We don't react that way toward others, and certianly not toward some of the more established Brolitas in the comm.

So I think it might help to up your game as far as presentation goes. Learn some good makeup techniques, get things custom made if you need to. There's so many great options out there now, and I don't think a lot of people even judge whether or not you're in brand, but can judge based on overall presentation. Also some better wigs would help a lot. The twintail look is less preferred to more natural and realistic wigs. I tend to save my one twintail wig for OTT sweet and pinning tons of things to it. Otherwise, I wear higher quality curly/wavy wigs with less sheen in natural colors that flatter my skin tone.
>>
I need so much help in most of those regards. I just have been muddling through. I have a friend down in Florida who is a lifestyle lolita, and she wants me to come down so she can put me through a lolita bootcamp. I've been doing it for so long, but have not completely settled on my style. She wanted me to visit, wear her spare DDC, and go out with her to a meet, all fully done up, but that almost seems scary to me because it wouldn't be in the convention safe zone.
>>
>>8820539
GO FOR IT.

I think it will help you out! Besides, if it's not in your area, there's little to worry about. It's hard to really go over everything at a convention setting or even just online. But I think doing so and seeing it in person will help a ton with your improvement.
>>
>>8820539
You really should go for it. Meetups tend to always be really welcoming environments and no one bats an eye at a brolita, to be honest. You'd fit right in, it's not a "unsafe" area to try it out at.
>>
File: 1452831677408.jpg (101 KB, 577x473) Image search: [Google]
1452831677408.jpg
101 KB, 577x473
>>8820523
kind of adding to the 2nd paragraph

Theres a clear difference between for example pic related. The one of the left is clearly in it for the fashion knows his stuff and isnt in it for the chicks. While the right brolita looks better then obvious sissys but hes still questionable. Hes wearing makeup and did a little something with his hair but the shoes and the outfit in general doesnt look like much research was done.

in my comm however we have a well dressed pretty educated brolita, who knows his size, chooses taobao and offbrand and "follows the rules" as well as another brolita who will wear brand but always wears neon or rainbow wigs, converse or other poor shoe choices, no makeup and his bra will be showing when he chooses not to wear a blouse. Due to his non rule following (neon rainbow wig, no blouse and brand) he made it real easy for others to find his fetish profile where age play and sissy kinks were listed when searching by area.

Im just trying to say a lot of girls are weary when brolitas dont look at least 8/10 because it usually means its part of their kink
>>
>>8805444
Michigan
>>
>>8819866
Ew. No.
I'm in most of the southern California communities and just the thought is pretty laughable. Dunno about nor cal though.
>>
>do you like your local community overall? Why/why not?
Yes. ive yet to be a main part of drama, we have regular meets, and we dont really have itas just heavy nitpicks
>What would you do to change it?
Our comm has two major "groups". One is the 24-27 year olds who post everything online. A few of those seem like theyre in it for efame. The other group are 26+ with little online presence besides the occasional print post on instagram. Our mods fall in this category as theyve been in or started the comm over 6 years ago. There are a few younger or in between who havent picked a group or been picked by one ...ages are kind of just speculations not necessarily the "requirements" of the group. Its not the groups that are the problem its the fact that the first group is almost always starting shit with the main mod who keeps everything offline ...if anything is actually happening. In the past a friend or two from the first group had drama with the mod or so the friend claims in her blog. Now these efame searchers are posting facebook statuses left and right about the mod and half of the time not hiding it from the mod or her friends. Since that group is older, shit doesnt go down but instead its just passive aggressive chats at meets.

Also the online "omg you were so cute sorry i didnt get the chance to talk you! ;,,,( despite the fact I spent three hours sitting next to you and ignoring you!" is really getting on my nerves. It just shows how much they want on online presence. Its especially annoying when they do it often because you have other jfashion friends theyre trying to attract via your instagram/blogging pages.
>>
>>8820728
I dunno, I'd do the shit out of the girl brolita as a gay brolita and the other dude looks like a fucking man in a dress. An unattractive man in a dress. Having a dick is basically the greatest thing left-brolita has ever given me.
>>
>>8820523
>>8820728
I'd like to add that people are more wary of brolitas at conventions than regular meets in general, as well. If a male has gone through the effort of leaving the "comfort zone" to show up to a meet, it's likely he's got more interest in the fashion than just picking up or fulfilling a fetish. For one thing, it's outside of that safety zone mentioned here >>8820539. You can't just play it off with "oh, haha, yeah, dude in a dress!" the way a lot of con brolitas do when confronted, for one thing.

Regardless, you should take your friend up on the offer to help you. Especially if you're in need of hair and make up tips, because putting an effort in and improving over time is going to help you in pretty much every way.

It'll make you feel more confident, as you develop a new skill, it'll make your coordinates look better and more cohesive, and it'll also help you integrate with lolitas in general, because we appreciate a genuine effort to improve and take con crit.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 476x685) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 476x685
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 750x1192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 750x1192
>>8821541
>>
>>8821543
Idk maybe it's because I'm old but I'm getting like, gaiaonline/invader zim fan girl flashbacks.
>>
>>8821541
The cringe is real...
>>
>>8821543
Ouch.

I have that pattern though. I want to alter the sleeves to see if it can be presentable. (I only paid a dollar for mine.)
>>
>>8821541
How old is she? This seems like a 12yo~ kid.
>>
>>8820393
Yeah I showed up at the Lolita Crush after 11 because I'd only seen the printed schedule, talked to like 3 girls and then left. I'm from out of state and didn't know anyone and most of the lolitas that were still there just looked pretty annoyed and unapproachable which I guess makes sense now
>>
>>8820741
Are you SW MI?
>>
>>8820741
You could always create a new group as well as stay in the old comm. It makes no sense for people in northern MI to be in the current comm, in my opinion, because most of the people and all of the events are in SW MI. Hell, I'm in southern MI and still don't have the time/energy to drive to most of the events that are 2 hours away. Living in this state is suffering.
>>
>>8821616
>SW
SE**
>>
>>8821541
>>8821543
Dear god..
>>
>>8821616
why not just host a meet that is closer to you (or the anon you're replying to) though? most of the meets are in SE MI because that's where the people planning them are, or are near. if you want near you, then plan one
>>
>>8821645
I'm not complaining that there aren't meets closer to me, just saying that it can be difficult living in a relatively large yet rural state. I am not involved enough to feel comfortable making a meet up, and to be honest, there isn't a whole lot here that would warrant people driving 1-3 hours for.
I don't see why it would be a problem for the other anon to create a smaller group or whatever for people closer to them; plenty of states have multiple comms/groups.
>>
>>8821652
I don't think it'd be a problem, I just think that it'd be a lot of effort to make a new group just for that part of the state when you could just host a meet there - the same people would come regardless, but some people from mid/eastern MI might make the trip, too.
>>
The closet comms to me are the NYC ones. I've decided that this is the year I'm going to my first meet and I'm waiting for the first one of the year to pop up that's open to all members.

I'm just ultra nervous they'll think I'm an overly excitable shit when I'll probably just be overwhelmed to meet people
>>
>>8806160
Same
>>
>>8821698
I wish there'd be another seagull meetup, the bigger events look kind of like a chore for a lone lolita...
>>
>>8821547
Same. I'm really wondering how old she is, because this is the style of typing I associate with little, hyperactive kids who are sooooo alternative and unique and misunderstood.
>>
>>8821698
Good luck, those are far and few inbetween in the "main" comm page, unless you want to wait for the weeby Sakura Matsuri where you can meet a ton of lolitas. Just join what some people call the "ita comm". There are some well dressed people there, not really itas anymore, and meets are posted sometimes.
>>
>>8821541
Oh my. I hope I don't encounter this some day...
>>
File: 1446219876403.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446219876403.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>live in melbourne
>apparently it's a hotspot for lolita comms
>try to join through fb
>still pending acceptance after forever
>>
>>8822084
what would be a good time? we discussed a cat cafe meetup before and i think that would be a good cool/cold weather meetup idea.
>>
>>8822505
There's two comms in melb. the chinese and main one. which one you trying to join? i'm in melb comm. If you dont get accepted send the mods a message and they'll let you in.
>>
>>8822792
I don't know which one, but lol I'm not chinese. If that's what you mean by the chinese one. I'm white.
>>
>>8822600
Different anon, but what's the cgl NYC lolita email address?
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 640x960
Sooo.... Did anyone else get this message?
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 640x960
>>8822951
>>
>>8822951
Wtf
>>
>>8822091
I looked at her page, didn't tell me anything about her age, but she shares a lot of articles on autism. That at least explains latching onto a particularly annoying communication style.
>>
>>8821698
They are few and far between because they are are hard to plan. Honestly, no one will care that you're "new", jsut pick a place you want to go to (cafe, museum, whatever) create an event, post it on the nyc lolitas facebook, and people will say if they want to go or not.

for your first meetup, your best best are somewhere well known like alice's (it's cliche but people always want to go), have a set number of seats like 8 or 10 (i forget what their reservation policy is) and make people pay in advance. keep a waitlist so if someone backs out you can fill the spot. if the place you pick has a no-show penalty, make sure there's a non-refundable deposit so you don't get stiffed.
>>
>>8823039
to add to this, i think meetups that have a pay-in-advance set up work best for our comm because i generally don't RSVP to a meetup if I think there's a good chance it will get cancelled at the last minute, and if people haven't already paid, they are more likely to back out last minute and dick everyone over, so with that kind of policy, you tend to get more serious people rsvping.
>>
>>8799979
THERE ISN'T A SINGLE COMM IN MY ENTIRE GOD DAMN SHITHOLE OF A COUNTRY!!!!
THE ONLY TIMES I'VE EVER LOLITA IRL WAS IN OSAKA AND THAT TOO ONCE
>>
>>8823055
Which shithole country is this? Did you check the spreadsheet?
>>
>>8822868
>>8822600
>>8822084
>>8821698
I hosted an nycgull meet FOREVER ago and I had a really great time, if anyone wants to shoot me an email maybe we can figure out a new time and place to meet up?
Not sure about the cat cafe though, theres not a ton of room in there and I'd be worried about a cat accidentally clawing at my dress.
>>
My comm is great but the facebook page seems like a mess. There's so many random posts all the time from people I never even see at meets, and lately there seems to be an influx of noobs asking dumb questions, or questions that had already been asked and could be found by scrolling a bit. I'm not even angry about it, just kind of bewildered.
>>
>>8822951
>>8822954
Is this that stupid bitch who was behind Lost Candy? Sounds very familiar.
>>
>>8822796
I meant that there are two comms, one chinese & one main. not hard to understand... If you're the new one that just joined, i'd up my coord game if i were you. I'm guessing you're really new and all but everything in the coords put up is super mismatched / all from different substyles. I probably sound like a bitch but... yeah... please make use of the coord help threads.
>>
>>8824555
that being said, still happy to have you~ i love new members. Just work on learning about the fashion and have fun!
>>
>>8822792
Why the hell is there a comm solely for Chinese people? Why are you segregating yourselves?
>>
>>8824627
I'm assuming the chinese comm is made up of newly immigrated chinese people or ones studying abroad
my old high school had a high number of fob chinese students and they would always group together and not even try to socialize with the non asians or 2nd/3rd gen immigrant asian kids
>>
>>8824635
Nah I've seen members that have lived in the area for years and used to come to regular meets but suddenly disappeared. Now I know why.
>>
>>8824627
Because it's easier to communicate? I'm pretty sure people can join both if they wanted to. In the Chinese one it's expected you know the Chinese language. Some of them may just want to occasionally relax and not struggle with the English language when in lolita.
>>
There's someone in my comm who always wants to touch dresses she's never seen before and examine them from every angle. She always asks before doing it so it comes off more cute than anything and I personally don't mind, but the way she asks always makes me wonder if someone's gotten mad at her for it before because she's always really hesitant about asking and apologizes for being weird.
>>
>>8826659
As a dress toucher myself, I always ask and be polite as possible because there are so many horror stories about unwashed masses grabbing fistfuls of skirt, and nobody wants to be manhandled by someone they don't know. She might have just read the stories too and also doesn't want to become one of them.
>>
>>8824627
Chinese people like to segregate themselves and be amongst others who speak their language and have the same cultural background. It's not really unusual to see. Where I'm from, the Chinese community is very tight knit. They all know each other lol, it's rather impressive. And most of them are FOB Chinese which explains a lot. It's probably comforting to them.
>>
>>8824627
There are a few Chinese lolitas in our area and they haven't joined our Comm. They have their own Comm and it reminds me how Chinese students stick with one another in college. When I do see them (usually it's on LSE), I send them an invitation to join the Comm on Facebook. However, the invitation falls on deaf ears.

Eventually they no longer want to be secluded and decide to integrate with the Comm. I know several that have jumped out of their comfort zone and made friends with the Comm members. It takes time.
>>
>>8824627
This isn't just a Melb phenomenon. It's been discussed that other cities have the same thing happen. I know Sydney, Aus and NYC lolitas have reported it to be the case in their communities as well. It's something that CG talked about in past threads sometimes, too.

Everyone has basically summed up why already.
>>
>>8821652
Out of curiosity, anon, where in Michigan do you live? If you're cool sharing. Asking 'cause I'm from up north.
>>
>tfw no point planning a winter meet because the comm is snowed in for months at a time
>>
Curious, does anyone else have a best Lolita friend in their comm they talk shit about everyone else in their comm with? It's so relieving to just spill all the hatred you've been keeping in with someone on the car ride home from a meet.
>>
>>8824555
>>8824571
>being this autistic
>>
>>8831219
I do it with a friend. A few girls do it on their facebook status too.... So I know they do it irl as well
>>
>>8831209
Have a Skype meetup
>>
>>8831219

Yes! She's moving soon though so I'll be lonely and I'll have to find someone new to gossip with.
>>
>>8831219
I'm at an awkward in between. I like making fun of bad coords and maybe uggos (mostly just shitty makeup or hair, rarely do I bash someone for genetics) and for the stupid things that come out of some people's mouths. One of my best lolita friends never has a bad thing to say about anyone, and the other starts bitching about almost everyone in the comm or everything about a meet up the second we're out of ear shot. I need another moderately salty lolita, not the mild and flaming hot ones I've got.
>>
>>8831531
Same. Most of the people I hang out with can get crazy salty and it's honestly exhausting. I just want someone to be able to discuss bad coords with honestly, not bash the whole person or their personality.
>>
>>8831219
yesss I have 2 friends that I can be salty with. and unlike >>8831531 they're moderate so like, it's all cool and chill. we don't necessarily like, mean girls style shit talk but there's some annoying people in the comm and weird behaviors and activities from lolitas in general that we like to bitch about together. for the most part i'm pretty easy going but it's nice to have those people to complain about annoying girls and petty grievances with.
>>
>>8831518
Think about it this way, now you can hear salty gossip from another comm.
>>
I'm in a couple of comms based on my area. The farther away one is super nice, active, and well-dressed. The closer one isn't as active. The last meet was months ago. There's this one girl who's constantly sharing posts to the Facebook group. Mostly just resharing stuff from Lolita Updates and popular lolita youtube channels. It's nice that she's trying to make the group more active but it's gotten annoying.
>>
>>8819866
LOL of course that's not true. Now I do know a couple local girls that participate in safe sex clubs in SF, but they don't do it in lolita or together.
>>
File: this shit drives me up.jpg (165 KB, 915x952) Image search: [Google]
this shit drives me up.jpg
165 KB, 915x952
Ok, so I know that most community members are inactive; whether it be online or irl.
My comm is mostly dead, I have a 1-2 comm members actively participating in posts, buying and doing lolita-related stuff.
The rest of the community might as well not exist.
I just want to have a faily active communit, seriously just 10 people would be a dream come true.
I post regularly, spark conversations about recent topics, media, trends, etc but its always me talking to just a couple of members.
We are +30 why does this happen?
>>
>>8833359
So girls in the SF comm participate in sex clubs?
>>
File: image.png (141 KB, 471x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
141 KB, 471x400
>>8831219
> mfw I have two other lolita friends I can safely gossip with
>>
>>8833967

Make the group private and kick them out. If it's a small community then you can keep it small, more like a club than an open group. If people haven't ever shown up for a meet in like a year+, remove them from the group. Nothing says lolita comms have to be completely open to everyone and their mom wanting to join. That's how you end up with comms that have 400+ people but only 20 show up.
>>
>>8834240

everyone in SF participates in sex clubs
>>
Just recently moved to LA area. Both LA comms that I found are super dead it seems?? ._. Like, the most recent post for either was late December I think.
>>
>>8836303
Then why weren't more people banned?
>>
>>8831219
I wish I did. All my man friends know way too much about lolita gossip now. They could have used that brain space for useful information but god damn I just have to tell SOMEONE.
But now they share all their weird subculture gossip with me too.
>>
>>8836857
Banned for having sex? For having a hobby outside of lolita? Do you live on planet Prude or something?
>>
>>8821543
I saw this too. It was painful....
>>
>>8836873
I was in the comm. I was banned for something that wasn't about sex. So yeah, what happened to SF Prude?
>>
>>8836966
What were you banned for?
>>
>>8823162
this is how my comm is too. I hate it.
>>
>>8837008
Talking to myself about my pettis and bloomers while trying on a dress. I was dressed in my "normie" clothes, and I was cleanly dressed at the time.
>>
>>8837011
>banned for talking to yourself about pettis and bloomers
...what the hell kind of comm is SF? Do people really get banned for such petty stuff?
>>
>>8837011
>>8837041
I doubt they're telling the whole story, if they're telling the truth at all. You get a lot of people like that posting here. If it real, they're a likely a creep and there's a reason they were banned, or they're just trying to stir up shit.
>not even in that comm, this is just common on cgl
>>
>>8837050
No, that is the main premise for why they permabanned me.
>>
>>8837079
Do you have a penis?
>>
>>8837096
Yes, I am a "brolita." And I always maintain decency.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.