[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Houston- Weeb things to do.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
Feel free to include other Texas cities too!

Basicially I want to take a trip to Houston in April for my Birthday to see the Shop in Wonderland store, GLW store, and the FIT store (since there is no daiso). Just wondering people's opinions on these things, and if there are any other things that I should look into seeing while there(other alternative fashion/weeb shops)

Inb4 don't support shitty businesses, I know, but I can't afford the trip to New York or San Francisco right now.
>>
>Inb4 don't support shitty businesses, I know, but I can't afford the trip to New York or San Francisco right now.
... and this is how AM keeps on kicking.
>>
>>8798269
If people who have seen the store first hand honestly don't think it's worth it (super overpriced and no variety, etc) then I probably won't but there's not a lot of information online about it. Probably because of the drama but still.
>>
>>8798276
Honestly? I went to the store, it's actually....really good, which rustles my jimmies a lot. Everything is priced around retail, the decor is lovely, and the store is right in the middle of a nice Chinatown plaza, a few stores away from FIT.

It seriously assblasts me that it's the only store in the US that sells Meta. Honestly, if I had a little less morals, I'd buy from it immediately.
>>
>>8798260
Good God when will these people just go away?
>>
>>8798260
fucking order your shit online, you greedy brandwhore
>>
>Inb4 don't support shitty businesses, I know, but I can't afford the trip to New York or San Francisco right now.

>So I'm going to support this shitty business anyways because brand is love, brand is life.

Wow.
>>
>>8798433
>>8798431
>>8798429
Wowowow, so sorry for wanting to experience the novelty of walking into an actual lolita store. Which is why I asked for actual opinions on the store itself, not it's complicated backstory. Jump off your soapbox.
>>
>>8798439
>Novelty
Its your typical Lolita store. What more do you want?
>>
kinda offtopic but since the lolita stores are on opposite coasts which would you gulls suggest visiting? NYC or san francisco? i think angelic pretty is only on the west coast but then again sex pot revenge is only in NYC. i just have no idea which city to visit if i could pick one
>>
The Leigh's got confronted with how shitty their business was. It went public and John had to publicly apologize and take some course on sexual harrassment.
They lost the priviledge of having one of the major brands on their con for it.
I think that's more than enough consequence. I say just move on and enjoy the fact we have another lolita store, this time in TX.
I've been seriously dreaming about this shit since before I became a Lolita.
>>
This thread might have already gone to shit, but can we turn it into a "kawaii sight-seeing" thread or something?
Asking bc I'm going to Seoul in the summer with family, I'm curious what cute things I can mash into the schedule aside from my shameless trips to k-pop merch stores.
>>
Calling all gulls who live around a Daiso, is their online inventory a pretty good indicator of what they have in their actual stores?
>>
File: 26Sep_Maruq_Shop_SF_1_edited-1.jpg (316 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
26Sep_Maruq_Shop_SF_1_edited-1.jpg
316 KB, 600x399
>>8798447
If you choose SanFran, hit up Maruq for that sweet sweet Liz Lisa.
>>
>>8798462
Wow you think his dinky little $40 course actually meant something? His years of history can't be paid off by under that much. Not to mention that even though they lost baby, they still have ap Japan under contract and won't allow most of their guests to even go to other cons in the region if they've signed. He's still a shitty person, they're horrible, you're an idiot.
>>
>>8798481
Stores usually have more and allow you to buy in smaller quantities. I've noticed more bulk sales on smaller things on their site. Usually I buy in small quantities and visit a lot. Wastes gas but I feel better spending $20 at the end of the day instead of $60.
>>
>>8798439
Experience the novelty all you want. Just don't buy anything. Browsing doesn't put money in their pockets. Then when you get back to your hotel or back home, shop online from better businesses.
>>
>>8798439
Why are you so retarded? There are no 'actual lolita' stores in Texas.
>>
>>8798580
Get your panties out of the twist. Even if you hate AM, which most people do, it's still an "actual" lolita store. It sells Putumayo, Meta, and AP, as well as Misako's whatever shit. It's supported and endorsed by at least those three brands, two of which are major brands if you don't include Putu.
>>
>>8798570
To be honest, I'm totally going to go there to try on brand to see how it fits before buying it secondhand.
>>
>>8798570
>>8798580
I'm not big on Meta and they don't seem to have a lot so I doubt I would. I go to Houston 3 or 4 times a year so it'd be a nice stop in spot. I've always went for concerts instead of J-Fashion though.

>>8798580
It's an actual lolita store in the fact that it sells brand. Not the Milanoo and Hellbunny dresses that every other "store" seems to sell.
>>
i would rather step on a nail than boost the Leigh's ego by stepping foot in their store.

the brands that place carries can be found online easily. and some things are more important to me than frills, like self-respect and integrity.
>>
>>8798617
says the gull on the board full of ita hate and mockery.
>>
How about the Gothic Lolita Wig store? I found a location for it, but no actual pictures and street maps doesn't make it look like an actual business. I know people have said their quality has declined, but it'd be nice to see the products in person before buying.
>>
>>8798447
Visit nyc for the city and sf for lolita. I'm a slut for innocent world but Tokyo rebel was kind of meh in comparison to the new people building/baby store, and a majority of the store was sweet/baby stuff anyway. Someone also mentioned maruq, which has a lot more weeb stuff and is nicer to look through. Ap store is next to a ballin boba joint (plentea).

>>8798471
Go to the department stores at dongdaemun (doota, migliore, maxtyle) or myeongdong, and hongdae for cute clothes and accessories. Hongdae also has a bunch of cool themed cafes including a hello kitty cafe, if you're into that. It's more expensive for shopping, but also has cooler stuff.
>>
>>8798628
It's probably an office or warehouse rather than a showroom.
>>
>>8798260

Soooo, one the best things in Houston to do is eat (fatty-chan here). If you're gonna be here for a few days and want some great weeb restaurants, I reccomend

1. Cafe 101 (in the same center as FIT), an AMAZING Asian Fusion restaurant open until 2:00am. Try the red wine pork chop.
2. Tiger Den (directly under FIT): Best ramen in Houston. Try the Garlic and black bean.
3. Sihn Sihn (across the street from Cafe 101). Sort of a nice sit-down Asian restaurant. I usually get the eggplant or curry chicken.
4. Ginza. It's a sushi restaurant that I THINK is on San Felipe. Traditional tatami mats, gorgeous restaurant, great sushi, and reasonable prices.
5. Chuan (westheimer and fountain view): My favorite restaurant ever. Authentic Szechuan. I've only ever gotten the water boiled fish in chili soup but dang is it good.

There's a Star Karaoke open til I believe 2am next to Chuan, so if you like to sing, you can rent a room with some friends and karaoke all night after dinner!

If you want to watch some anime, Alamo Drafthouse in Katy has a free anime showing every Tuesday.

If you're also an LOTR geek, the Hobbit Cafe on Richmond is a must-see.

Hong Kong city mall is also pretty awesome. It's a grocery store, medicine shop, with a lot of clothing stores, and anime and CD and merchandise store, an AMAZING fabric store, and a bubble tea shop.

I hope that helps, and I hope you have a great birthday trip!
>>
>>8798749
These are some awesome recs, thank you!
>>
>>8798623
no one's robbing anyone here and i ignore ita threads t.b.h.

not every gull is a greedy bitch, just like not every tumblr user is a narcissistic SJW
>>
This thread is going to be cancer.
>>
>>8798439
Haha found creepy ass John. I bet you're OP, too. No one was on a soapbox, stop shilling your stolen crap
>>
>>8798471
Make a new thread instead of letting John shill and be assblasted

See >>8798560 for proof
>>
At this point, everybody knows about AM's drama, and cgl isn't the best to holding to its boycotts.
>>
45 minutes from Houston is Galveston, which has some great shopping on the Strand and Moody Gardens Zoo.
>>
>>8798628
It's not an actual store. It's just their HQ.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.