[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cgl/ nostalgia thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: skyetoday.png (741 KB, 759x714) Image search: [Google]
skyetoday.png
741 KB, 759x714
/cgl/ nostalgia thread. You know the drill. Discuss,share,...be it about weeb times,lolita or cosplay.

I was thinking about Princesse Skye and decided to sneak around a bit to see if there was like anything left of her today...i finally found something..pics are from 2015 on sabatomic.com who always took her pics when she was lolita and she'll turn 30 this year since she was 21 in 2007/2008. It made me at peace to see her looking "fine" at least, and not some trashy model or dead or on drugs like some anons rumored. Not going to attempt anything or stalk her, i just wanted to know if she was ok? Idk. She got me in the fashion in the first place, and i'm turning 21 this year.
>>
>>8794473
holy fuck i can't believe you found her back she looks so peaceful and sweet there i hope she's fine
>>
File: DSC02956.jpg (383 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
DSC02956.jpg
383 KB, 1200x1600
where is Spoony now?
>>
>>8794747
Being an idiot on r9gay and the farm.
>>
>>8794750
Has she been busted for selfposting on the farm yet? I haven't been in a while.
>>
She looks good. Skye was a big inspiration to me during The Princess Portal years, so I'm glad she seems happy. I still wonder why she left lolita behind though.
>>
>>8794473
She looks like a mom. In a good way. She has a kind look idk.

>>8796135
I wonder too. But even though i enjoyed her blog and the way she was living in her own little world she always seemed a bit delusional to me?
>>
>>8794770
Yeah she was but I don't know if an admin got involved, she was also dropping obvious hints it was her posting in a art thead of sorts I think. I don't know why she does it when people usually say good things about her when she stays quiet, but the moment she pipes up it all goes to shit and she just can't leave it alone until everyone has changed their minds and hate her again.
She's looking good though
>>
>>8796760
Didn't it happen around the same time as a major breakup?

Then again, she could have gotten scared away by her fans and haters. Wouldn't blame her.
>>
I feel nostalgic when i see things like pic related. It was my first introduction to "lolita" for weeb nooblet me and i used to be in love with these pics
>>
File: 2018382mv5q1vw8e2.jpg (18 KB, 345x332) Image search: [Google]
2018382mv5q1vw8e2.jpg
18 KB, 345x332
>>8799177
Dropped pic
>>
Also this . I was obsessed with animu like rozen maiden for the cool gosurori darkness so edgy, or nogizaka haruka no himitsu because it was so colorful and kawaiidesu.
Also i think that as a weeb i enjoyed things more carelessly and everything felt more new. Also social stuff back then was way more active (D!A,gaiaonline,msn,livejournal,..now they are all kinda dead) i miss that
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 682x1024
What is our Queen up to lately?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-06-02-52-19.png (301 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-06-02-52-19.png
301 KB, 480x800
>>8799180
Fuck dropped pic again
>>
>>8799182
are you drunk Anon, go to bed
>>
>>8799181
According to ED, nothing of note
>>
>>8796135
Are you shitting me? The comm was always bullying her. She was generally seen as a fucking joke. And shortly after the post on "ogres" and the backlash she received she left the lolita comm made thelostprincess which wasn't as lolita centered but eventually stopped posting all together. She's a prime example of someone who was bullied out of the fashion, she's not the first or the last.
>>
>>8794473
Thanks for posting this anon! I always wondered what happened to her after the lost princess went down. It's so nice to see her again, she looks lovely.
>>
>>8799181
I heard shes lost some weight
>>
File: loving these pantsu.jpg (527 KB, 1759x2458) Image search: [Google]
loving these pantsu.jpg
527 KB, 1759x2458
>>8799181
Got a job at Victoria's Secret, lost weight, doing a little less pooping pose.
>ofc now that I say this, she'll probably go back to doing it

>>8799186
I honestly don't think her ED's been updated in a while, since she's relatively quiet on social media.
>>
>>8799182
>sabatomic.com
that shameless promo , your blog sucks ita
>>
>>8799351

Damn that's actually pretty noticeable.
>>
>>8794747

I had spoony on Facebook until very recently.
She's currently doing a degree and is surprisingly, for me at least, nothing like what she portrayed/portrays online.
>>
>>8799340
Thank you. Lolita has a huge fucking problem with bullying out prominent figures, then literally missing them or romanticizing why they left, like "She went to move on with her life!"
Really? It was really more like "Skye got a ton of stupid hate for just having a whimsical, rose-colored outlook on life. She then accidentally stepped on the toes of those that already loathed her by calling them as something frivolous as ogres and they never let her live it down in their unfounded anger".

I really hope that changes about lolita fashion someday.
>>
>>8799352
Anon i don't even have a blog you sound extra salty did someone hurted you today? I was just saying that kind of itaesque pic made me discover lolita.
>>
>>8800098
I doubt anyone will miss you, Kate
>>
>>8800174
Not Kate. Jesus, that's what I'm talking about, though.
>>
File: 1426627629619.png (132 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1426627629619.png
132 KB, 400x400
How come this thread is so dead?
Are there really do few of us left?
>>
>>8800306
We're all freaking at work!

I miss cons back in 2000. Such a nice tight-knit older crowd. Could only find manga for sale in Japanese in the dealers' room because pretty much only Mixx was putting out translated manga at that point.
>>
>>8799340
>>8800098
>abandoning a clothing style you love and care about because le mean bullies!! :( :(

I could see why this might have caused her to abandon her blog and internet presence, but why the fuck would you stop wearing your clothes because someone said a mean thing on the internet? She could have been a lone Lolita instead, it's not like having social media/a blog and interacting with the Lolita community is a must in this fashion.
>>
>>8800329
I don't get why lolitas have to go into exile or something if they start getting harassed.
>>
File: 1437261195820.png (30 KB, 341x389) Image search: [Google]
1437261195820.png
30 KB, 341x389
>>8800306
>>
>>8800333
They don't have to, but some don't want to put up with some online bullshit and would rather go private (like Milkyfawn). These are mostly people who have shared a lot of their personal lifes on the internet, most Lolitas who only mostly post clothes and ignore drama alltogether usually don't have a bullying problem. Seriously, as long as you are not an attention whore and engage in drama, you're hardly at risk despite the ever present "Lolita comms are such mean bullies!!"-claims.

I just don't get why you'd abandon your personal fashion style because of some silly internet drama.
>>
>>8800333
>>8800350
Have you never had the shine taken off something you love because it got associated in your brain with a bad experience? It's like when people say something's been tainted.
>>
>>8800350
>>8800329

I took >>8799340's "the comm" has her real life comm? I could just be misunderstanding, but if she does mean IRL, being harassed in person in your hobby group is a lot different from being harassed online.

If that OP did just mean the online comm, weren't people crazy as fuck back in the day? I joined long after the height of the LJ comms but I've seen people on here and on FB talk about how the drama back then used to be way worse than it was now - I've seen someone mention someone back in the day having a person actually show up to their workplace to harass them.

Besides, if she abandoned her online prescence technically we have no idea if she didn't just lone lolita-it for awhile afterwards or not. Even with these photos we have no idea - who knows, maybe she does still wear it in her personal time but just doesn't take photographs of herself in it.

That said, I agree, I don't know why you would abandon something you love because of internet drama but things can get intense for some people, if they're very emotional people or even a drama queen I could see how the clothes might have a bad association. I'm also guessing that for these types of people (the ones that put themselves out on the internet) the social aspect is a very important part for them and they might feel it's pointless if they aren't able to share in the community or whatever.
>>
>>8800467
>if they're very emotional people or even a drama queen I could see how the clothes might have a bad association
woops I don't mean to say that developing a bad association with something makes you a crazy emotional bitch or a drama queen, that's not how I meant that to sound like but >>8800464 is right. one time I wore a plaid salopette out and just one after the other I had so many strange instances of cat-calling that day that just made me feel icky so I ended up having to sell the dress cause I just felt uncomfortable wearing it and couldn't enjoy that particular piece anymore.
>>
>>8800306
The janitor keeps pruning it, what's even the point in posting? Cgl nostalgia threads always end in bans anyway.
>>
Bump

I miss Josca the french lolita
>>
>>8796760
U sound alittle cough cough urself. Keke
>>
>>8799181
Kriky, Wth is that?
>>
>>8800098
U sound angry, imagine if someone talked abt u, RIP huh? Keke
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.