[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Photo Shoot Sabotages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
I've heard of photographers trying to sabotage the photo shoots of other cosplay photographers by delaying cosplayers from going to their shoots by continue to talk to them or taking them away from locations, but now to offer a discount? Fuck up!
>>
His photos are shit.
>>
>>8793476
stop self posting
>>
>>8793476
This ad is shit, that photo is shit and his business plan is the shittiest shit wtf
>>
>>8793476
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

NO WAY his real ad says, "Cancel with another photographer and book with me for $5 off".

I refuse to believe that. Stop shooping people's ads, anon.
>>
>>8793822
It's real. It's a jab at some local drama. This guy is awesome and is pictures are good for the price.
>>
>>8793822
It does, though. Check his facebook.
>>
>>8793826
sauce on local drama? other photogs are stealing cosplayers?
>>
>>8793842
iirc it's just some low key drama about too many photographers competing in a small space. Ohayo is outgrowing it's convention center.
>>
>>8793850
that is just lame.
>>
Stop it Felix
>>
>>8793826
Could be free and I still wouldn't consider them "good for the price"
>>
>>8794016
What did that little shit do now?
>>
>>8793826
His pictures are good for that price? No, just way Anon. A child could do better with a point and shoot
>>
>>8793476
his photos are truly terrible. i hate stunt like this.
>>
>>8793826
As a photographer, I'd disagree. His images are poor quality in every sense and not worth the price. i wouldn't even pay $10 an hour for this crap.
>>
>>8794483
probably bought more equipment he doesn't know how to use
>>
>>8793476
Photos are shit. Coz for better with a camera phone and call it a day. Free of charge as well
>>
File: fuckwat.png (251 KB, 629x469) Image search: [Google]
fuckwat.png
251 KB, 629x469
You guys pay the photographer?

I've been doing cons for years and years. Tons of cosplay and photo friends, including a lot of very talented ones. NOBODY pays the photographer, except in *maybe* top top tier career pro cases with like a set/staged environment.

What backwards weird ass world are you guys in.
>>
>>8799527
in my comm you have to pay to work with just about ANY photographer, i can't think of a single one in my area that doesn't charge, even the shitty ones start charging after one con.
>>
>>8799527
Lol. Because you probably work with photographers like the one who took that shitty-ass dingy looking picture.

He didn't even bother to take out the bags under her eyes. How do you manage to make a 20-year old Asian girl look haggard?
>>
>>8799538
>>8799534

weird like
all uk togs are free, you just gotta be popular enough to work with the good ones.
man your capatilist comms must suck ass.

Pic related; one of my favorite pieces by a photographer, once drove 3 hours to shoot with me w/ no charge.
( to be fair, most of our con rules means people literally cannot pay for photoshoots but you know.)
>>
>>8799575
God bless Paper Cube, I'd be more than willing to pay him if I ever have to, but also on the note of UK togs, there are not a lot that would be worth paying anyway.
>>
>>8799585
there's like 4 ones I would?
Papercube, Lucas, Carlos and Matt?
(Though I haven't worked with Matt yet I hear great things about his work. dem LSCC goals.)

On the terms of photoshoot sabotage, all I've ever seen are assholes who steal shots of cosplayers who are clearly working with other togs. Like piss off. (I mean, other than the usual banterous photo bombing.)
>>
>>8799538
she's thirty actually
>>
>>8799575
I'm
>>8799527
And in southern California. So here and the UK don't pay for photos, judging by OP the Midwest USA does. Another reason to not go there.
>>
>>8799598
i'm what ?
>>
>>8799598
>California
That's the reason why. Try going elsewhere. Reason California has free shoots everywhere is because there's too many photographers to charge money. All the photographers know they have to shoot for free or they won't shoot at all. I have friends who don't charge in CA but when they go to East coast cons they will charge money because they can
>>
[spoiler]no/spoiler]
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.