[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kawaii international
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 2988324_l.jpg (197 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2988324_l.jpg
197 KB, 1280x720
let's talk about this train wreck of a weeb fest.
>>
I wish they would make back episodes available. Even on a rotated schedule.
>>
http://www.nhk.or.jp/kawaii-i/contest/index.html
kek

http://kawaii-i.com/2016/01/02/dolly-kawaii-contest-2015/
toppest kek
>>
>>8793383
It's so hard even to watch the stupid show. I wish they did.
>>
>>8793387
Fucking Beckii Cruel. Still trying to be famous weeb i see.
>>
>>8793503
>"Kawaii.i C prize goes to Kiki from USA. Kawaii.i A prize winner Beckii from UK, have also won the vote, however since Beckii have won the Kawaii.i A prize, she has kindly declined and pass on the C prize to second place on the vote. The vote has been calculated with the number of the vote on two of the photos that you have entered with."
Oh yes, how kind of Beckii not to hoard two prizes for herself.
If they just wanted to hold a popularity contest why do it under the guise of a coordinate contest? The only thing redeeming about Beckii's entry was the photo quality, her outfit was uninspiring at best and it's obvious she was only chosen for her follower count.
>>
File: BeckiI_UK2-Kawaii_s.jpg (153 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
BeckiI_UK2-Kawaii_s.jpg
153 KB, 500x750
>>8793520
Her coordinate was ugly, nothing matched it looks like a clown puked on a skeleton.
They should have said it was a popularity contest from he start. Typical Kawaii.i being shit.
>>
Well I certainly agree with Risa's choices.
>>
Can we please? This week was so cringey, between the contest and that lolcow aminyan chick. As soon as they mentioned the Detroit maid cafe I lost it.

Though honestly every episode is a cringefest with Misha's fucking voice in the narration plus all the embarrassing weebs in Japan they feature.
>>
the girl in OP's picture hass a hefty trash bag box in the pile to the left
>>
I really don't like Misha's voice and attitude. Melody's much more bearable.

I only watch the episodes for the tutorials, wish someone could compile them online!
>>
Any links on where to watch?
>>
>>8793663
It's not on demand yet. but here's the results to the comp

http://www.nhk.or.jp/kawaii-i/contest/index.html
>>
>>8793636
I don't know why the fuck they even have Misha. She's annoying and makes the whole show look like a joke

I liked Risa's choices Chieko and Honey where cute idc about the Israel girl Alisa.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 494x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 494x749
It makes me sad because this show does have potential. They have professional crew with high quality cameras, tutorials from models, backstage looks at fashion shows, street snaps with commentaries from the models, interviews with brand producers, and a handful of very well known guests in every episode. They just want to come off as ~*supa kawaii and spechul*~ and it just turns out to be a giant cringey train wreck. And Misha's narration is so fucking annoying and I don't understand; her voice is perfectly fine when she talks amongst herself and the other hosts.

But Beckii's entry was really disappointing. For someone who runs their own fashion brand she really has trouble dressing herself which is sad because she has the perfect body for all types of Jfashion. She has some cute outfits here and there but it's such a rarity. Go through her Instagram and try to find five coords that are cute; it's honestly a chore.
>>
>>8793806
Half of her clothes are shit and the other half are nice, but then she goes and pairs the nice clothes with her shit clothes and ends up making them look like shit too. It's disappointing. I actually think she's quite cute but that's really despite the clothes not because of them.
>>
>>8793806
kek her brand is laughable. She has no original style, every collection is a mess like her style. She's just another ugu weeb who thinks they can be a fashion idol designer because they wear Liz Lisa and lolita. Bitch no your wardrobe is 90% taobao replicas.
>>
Chieko that girl that one Risas pick is about as exciting as a plank of wood.
>>
>>8794772
+1, I follow her on ig and she's both dull and forgettable. Good for her for having something exciting happen to her though.
>>
>>8793806
>>8793806
Speaking of people who can't dress themselves, Misha Janette is a fucking trainwreck, it annoys me to no end that this woman is presented as an arbiter of.... absolutely anything.

Wearing every single "avant garde" accessory Wall stocks at once with no regard for balance, color or proportion does not yield a good outfit. Not to mention those fucking terrible shiny plastic bob wigs she wears and markets as "the industry's //first ever// high fashion wig brand". Give me a break.

She's almost an excellent example of warped western perception of Japanese fashion.
>>
>>8794856
jesus what a hot mess
>>
>>8794856
This exactly. Every outfit she wears in this show is a joke and looks like a 'Harajookoo Gurl' Halloween costume. Who let her be the face of this show?
>>
>>8794856
She looks unbearably smug for someone who dresses like a Disney Channel reject. Who the hell let this gremlin on the show?
>>
Risa chose the girl most similar to her in style. Can't say I'm really that surprised. Smart move on Chieko's part to cater to her tastes. I like Larme kei and everything but I was hoping Risa wouldn't pigeonhole herself into that. But at the same time I didn't want a samey samey lolita to win so I guess I should be satisfied.
>>
File: alisa_islael_KI2_2s.jpg (215 KB, 500x962) Image search: [Google]
alisa_islael_KI2_2s.jpg
215 KB, 500x962
>>8793725
I really liked Chieko's outfit but Alisa looked pretty shit i m o. Frizzy hair, boring coord, makes me question Risa's taste. and I'm sorry but wtf is with the cuts and bruises on her legs?

I kind of wish that Risa hadn't limited herself so much to her choices. There were some really pretty not larme outfits too. Oh well.
>>
>>8795278
Honestly I think Risa chose these three because she wants people to pay more attention to larme and other non-lolita Jfashion. Her shout-outs at the beginning of the announcement segment also gave me this impression. She was picking them based on the idea of trend-setting, not what outfits actually looked the best.
I also noticed that they didn't share any of the winning entrants' answers to the questions thst were asked during the submission process, even though all of the entrants had to agree that they were okay with their answers being used publicly. Obviously none of them were picked for their lofty goals in sharing kawaii culture either.
>>
>>8795291
It kind of rubs me the wrong way. The contest was a call for "everyone's interpretation for dolly style" but it turns out that there was a very specific look they was looking for. Kind of a shitty thing to do. Kudos to the anons that predicted this in the last thread.
>>
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/kawaii-i/20160102.html

Videos up guys.
I like that she didn't pick the typical lolita so over seeing that drab.
>>
>>8795308
Well Risa was only a guest judge, I get that her choices were questionable but do you really expect her to pick something outside her own style?
>>
Who would you have picked as top 3? be cool to see who we all liked most.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.