[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New coord help thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 116
Happy New Year gulls, old one is sagging.
>>
File: help2.jpg (47 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
help2.jpg
47 KB, 600x450
>>8791454
That coord is so damn adorable.

I feel lost on a couple things with this coord. I'm not sure what kind of bag would look good and what color to make my accessories. I have a rough idea, pic related.
>>
File: IMG_8513.jpg (639 KB, 703x942) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8513.jpg
639 KB, 703x942
I'm planning a Kuro Coord!
The hat on the image is on its way to my home, so I can't show it yet.
I plan to adorn it with ostrich feathers :)

I think it's a bit plain though. any tips for making it more interesting or you think it's fine that way?
>>
>>8791535
I'd go with the IW bag and maybe white shoes instead of blue.
>>
>>8791535
I really like your coord!
there's no need to feel insecure about it imo. I love both bags ad i think both would be a great fit. maybe the heart bag would give this outfit a "sweeter" touch while the IW one looks more classic. I personally would choose the heart shaped one because the dress has more of a sweet style. i personally would rather go for some white gloves instead of wrist cuffs, but the cuffs also look cute and would be a good fit. don't worry too much, you made good choices. i'd love to see a picture of this coord worn.
>>
File: coordhelp.jpg (217 KB, 661x661) Image search: [Google]
coordhelp.jpg
217 KB, 661x661
>>8791454
I don't have any brown berets, but I have a white one, should I wear it instead or maybe use a headbow?
>>
>>8791622
I think this sort of wide brimmed hat, Victorian/Edwardian look looks better with long skirts, so maybe go slow on the poof.

As a tip the tights will be awfully grey, I wouldn't wear them with something so intentionally black. Rather just plain black tights. The necklace also looks a little too bright.
>>
File: coordhelp.png (1007 KB, 844x1761) Image search: [Google]
coordhelp.png
1007 KB, 844x1761
this is actually my first coord, so i'd love any help with changing, taking out, or adding anything, since im pretty new to lolita. i've done a lot of research and asked opinions of my lolita friends, but i'd love any help or advice if i've missed anything! I've got a soft spot for ott sweet, haha.
>>
>>8791708
Sorry I don't have advice but which blouse is that? I have the same dress and its hard to find a blouse
>>
>>8792071
Don't worry, I'll be using a low neck chiffon blouse I bought last summer, sorry I'm not that useful.
>>
File: DSC_0177.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0177.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Need some help! I'm wearing this tomorrow but I'm pretty lost in terms of headwear. I'm trying to make this extravagant dress kind of normalfag and casual. My inner Momoko is telling me that I need some sort of headwear, but I'm lost. I'd usually opt for a headbow, but I'm trying to look normie for once. I'm thinking a loose low bun with the navy ribbon clip pictured. Any other suggetions for headwear?
The tights are just knit lace, and I'm trying to choose between the navy loafer-heels and the white heels.
Any other input is much appreciated!

>>8792055
This is adorable! What a great first coord, and long live OTT sweet. Everything looks really good except the wristcuffs, they look cheap. The ones from bodyline are pretty dang good, but you might as well invest $30 in a pair of cute AP ones if you see yourself wearing sweet lolita more.
Also, what about your blouse?

>>8791708
I've read that the collar on this dress is stark white, I'd just ditch the cream. It doesn't look intentional. A red beret would tie things in well, just pick up a $5 one on ebay, but I can see white working too. White tights and shoes that match the bag seem like the best course.

>>8791535
I think you kind of have 2 directions going here. For the IW bag, you'd probably want slightly more mature white heel shoes, they would look great with the bag and socks. And like the other anon said, replace the wristcuffs with lace gloves. Or in the other direction, keep the tea parties and wristcuffs and use the AP bag and use a blue headbow instead of the veil.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>>8792357
I'm >>8792055, thank you so much for the help! I'll definitely switch out the wrist cuffs, and I'll try to get an AP pair! Oh and it's probably hard to see under the caplet, but it's an OP under there (sorry for tiny image haha)
>>
>>8792357
Navy heels, navy clip, and maybe pearl headband or hair pins.
>>
File: notme.jpg (187 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
notme.jpg
187 KB, 720x1280
I'm rather new to lolita and my favorite substyle is classic, but the majority of my main pieces are black. I need help with accessories, I don't want to look too gothic, so what are some staple accessories for a classic lolita?
>>
File: 1434209395054.png (314 KB, 669x490) Image search: [Google]
1434209395054.png
314 KB, 669x490
I am relatively new (about 6months) so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
>>8792401
Hats (like boater hats), boston bags or detailed elegant, not novelty bags, ornate/flowery bonnets, floral patterns, tights rather than OTKS...you can probably offset the gothic with things like pearls, feminine hats, and your hair and makeup (pic related, dont remember where I got it from but it definitely looks more classic than goth even without the full coord showing). Also be open to other colors besides black for legwear and blouses.

>>8792357
That bow doesn't really seem to match the navy of your dress and shoes (which look really good together btw...and I'd definitely go with the navy shoes!). Maybe a white hair flower/other themed barrette would look better. Also depends on the color of hair you're going with. I find with dark hair black or navy might blend in for photos, but I could imagine blondes might have a similar problem with white. Also idk if this is tipsy me speaking or not but I think a lavender blouse might look cute with that JSK...might mess up the balance you have going already but as it is now the contrast between the navy JSK and the white blouse looks kind of strong (but that could just be from the lighting in the picture)
>>
File: VM Floral dress coord2.jpg (938 KB, 2672x2336) Image search: [Google]
VM Floral dress coord2.jpg
938 KB, 2672x2336
>>8792415
Forgot to ask for my own advice. I posted this coord in the last thread but I've made a few more decisions. I finalized three pieces of head-wear of three shoes to choose from and I'd like some advice on which choice to go with.
>>
>>8792401
this looks beautiful, anon :)
I can alway recommend pearl necklaces for classic outfits or necklaces which have pearls in it. Necklaces with key-or cameo shaped pedants or plastic blossoms are also great. I also love flourishes!
just make sure that they don't look bulky, too "modern" or have a lot of glitter (zircons) on them.
Avoid choker, even though they may look beautiful I always find them strange with Lolita.

Here some examples i like:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91Vv8nio9hL._UX575_.jpg ( i own this and i love it to my classic coords)

http://de.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-European-Vintage-Luxurious-Collar-Chain-Bronze-Lace-Flower-Chain-Choker-Necklace-for-Women-Sale/616956_1547744427.html

http://www.salome-schmuck.de/cameo-ketten//
>>
>>8792417
Dark flowers, dark shoes, dark bag for headwear and scrap the tights, they're too saturated to match anything.
>>
>>8792462
So you think dark is the best for those elements or was that a critique lol. I was thinking of maybe the headress andnthe flowers (no bow), you think that would balance okay?
>>
File: 51xLS6Cx1uL._SX300_.jpg (14 KB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
51xLS6Cx1uL._SX300_.jpg
14 KB, 300x263
>>8791708
I think you have a number of headwear options and either a white beret or white or wine colored bow would be fine.
I was kind of thinking that a round brim hat like pictured could be cute too since it picks up the brass and yellow-brown tones. You could dress it up with a white or wine ribbon too. If the straw looks too country you can find similarly styled ones in wool/felt.
>>
>>8792417
This is a bit of a mess. You need to change the tights, your coord is all dusty pink and then those are very pink-pink, they don't match the bag or the ring either. I would ditch all three of those and go for tights in the same shade as the blouse, a brown bag to match the brown shoes on the left and a ring to match the brooch.
Brown shoes on the left, the others are kinda ok for normalfag or otome but not super lolita.
The headdress looks like yet another non matching pink, so I'd go for the flowers instead
>>
>>8792507
This looks like a hat Luffy would wear
>>
>>8791535
I think the rectangular bag and white shoes in a slightly more elegant style would be best. If you could find white wrist cuffs with blue bows that would be ideal but the ones you have work. If you could find the crystal pegasus necklace in clear it would look really neat with this!
>>
>>8792515
maybe if luffy was delicate gull, but currently, no
>>
>>8792357
Thank you! Don't worry whites actually match except for the shoes I will go with camel instead as the bag.
>>8792507
I have a hat like pic related, which I will change the colour of the ribbon on it.
Thank you so much!
>>
File: brassbandcat.jpg (170 KB, 1035x1698) Image search: [Google]
brassbandcat.jpg
170 KB, 1035x1698
Can I get some feedback on this co-ord? Overall I'm happy with it but I'm considering switching out the headbow for a beret or one of those cat ear bowler hats.
>>
>>8792753
it looks cute to me, anon, but the gold needs to be represented on the upper half of your coord too- it's only at the bottom at the moment. maybe a treble clef gold hairpin or brooch, or find a headbow with some gold accents
>>
File: pink coord.jpg (40 KB, 589x491) Image search: [Google]
pink coord.jpg
40 KB, 589x491
I'm working on a simple coord for a hanami event in March and I'm a bit stumped on headwear. I'm not sure if I should go with brown (a beret or a bow?) to go with the bag&shoes or if I should try finding something in antique pink like the skirt.
The top is a bit hard to see but it's this http://item.rakuten.co.jp/dreamv/521708/ and I'll be wearing the dark pink rose bracelets with it. I'll also be switching out the cord that comes with the skirt (l353) to something nicer.
>>
File: chocolateaddictionthing.png (1 MB, 1638x1142) Image search: [Google]
chocolateaddictionthing.png
1 MB, 1638x1142
I actually have no idea what I'm doing. I wanna deck the hat out with skulls and flowers and choclately charms though.
>>
File: white shoes.png (1 MB, 1180x816) Image search: [Google]
white shoes.png
1 MB, 1180x816
>>8792516
I dropped my pic.... yesterday, oops
>>
>>8792753
The top half of your coord is kinda boring since all the print and pops of colour are on the bottom. At the very least I'd get a necklace with a gold chain and either cat or music themed, and get some sort of gold accent in your hair rather than the plain black bow
>>
>>8792843
could I have source for those shoes please anon?
>>
I know wearing antlers makes it a bit ott but I am still trying to do an overall more simpler look. I suppose I'll have to see when everything gets here, but would it be odd to wear the headbow or the beret with the antlers or should I just stick to those by themselves? I feel like I want to add a little something else to my head area but I'm not sure what.

Not pictured are wristcuffs, trying to find some that are black with a red bow on them.
>>
File: ef coord.png (2 MB, 1548x1148) Image search: [Google]
ef coord.png
2 MB, 1548x1148
>>8793334
aaand I forgot my image
>>
File: P11OP310-iris-480x640.jpg (63 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
P11OP310-iris-480x640.jpg
63 KB, 480x640
I purchased pic related in Babys winter sale because I think it's beautiful but I just know the purple's gonna be a bitch to match. I'm thinking I'll have to use brown for accessories but I'd love to get some suggestions for what colours you gulls think I could use?
>>
>>8792401
Can I ask what dress that is?
>>
>>8793645
I suggest pairing that with dark grey tights and accessories.
>>
>>8791622
I agree that you should change out the tights to something more true-black in color, but otherwise I think this is pretty cute. Do you have a purse you're planning on using?

>>8792055
This is super cute! The only thing I'd worry about is the pink of the shoes matching the pink in the socks/dress, since that seems like a brighter, more saturated shade than the shoes. Those bunny ear/bow barrettes are adorable, btw.

>>8792357
I vote for navy shoes. If you really wanted to normalfag this up, use brown shoes and a brown bag.
>>
>>8792753
I think a cat-ear bowler hat would be especially cute with this coord, anon. I agree with >>8792755 that you should add some necklaces or a nice brooch to the upper half of the outfit to balance it.

>>8792843
I think brown headwear would look lovely with this.

>>8792870
I like the general idea you have here. I worry about that blouse's cut looking a bit off with that jsk, though. I want to see picks of the hat once you've put the charms on it!
>>
>>8793339
So for one thing I had no idea that OP could look so cute with a ribbon belt, that's amazing. As far as the antlers go, I personally think they'd be cute with the beret. They might get a little lost next to the headbow, however.

>>8793645
Grey, brown like you said, or a light green color. Not like a bright mint but something a little dusty and more natural might look really nice, especially as a pop of color in a brown/purple coord.
>>
>>8793645
Silver toned jewellery, you can use black shoes and bag.
>>
>>8792513
Yeah, I figured I had some problems with colors. I tend to get attached to pieces and then go blind to whether or not they'll actually match.
Working on replacing some pieces now. Thanks for the help!
>>
>>8793708
It's the Juliette et Justine Brebis Egaree bustier over one of their printed skirts.
>>
>>8793645
Dusty green, like a soft moss color, and ivory with this would be stunning!
>>
File: VM Floral dress coord3.jpg (973 KB, 2524x2232) Image search: [Google]
VM Floral dress coord3.jpg
973 KB, 2524x2232
>>8792513
Is this any better? I have so many colors in strange shades so its kind of hard to match and keep it balanced. Do you think the bag is okay or do you think it should just be solid brown?
>>
>>8794144
Not them but I think this looks all right. Only thing I can say is I'm not a fan of the silver toned jewellery with this- stick to one metal. Also not big on fake diamond blingy stuff but the idea of bringing out the purples in jewellery. That peachy colour is like many vintage carved shell cameos I've seen. Really don't like that brooch.
>>
>>8794144
Yeah I definitely think it works better. I'd be more keen on a plain brown bag, but that one could work. If you're going to go with silver jewellery stick with silver throughout, don't mix metals. Also the necklace may add too much detail at the neck with the brooch and bow already
>>
>>8793248
Sure! I got them from Taobao and they're very comfortable
http://world.taobao.com/item/520026767529.htm?fromSite=main

But I've also seen them on Aliexpress
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lolita-Shoes-Womens-2015-New-Fashion-Bowtie-Embellished-Thick-Heel-Free-Shipping/32412014620.html
>>
>>8792755
>>8793223
>>8793910

I thought as much ,thanks for the feedback I'll look for a brooch.
>>
>>8794144
This looks much better, I would suggest:
>don't use the brooch; it's too blingy for a soft classic look
>keep the necklace, I think it's cute
>only use the gold ring with the white flowers, not the blingy silver one
>a plain brown bag would be nice, but that could possibly work, too
>the tights are better, either could work but I'm leaning towards the ivory
>>
File: pink coord.jpg (51 KB, 665x580) Image search: [Google]
pink coord.jpg
51 KB, 665x580
>>8792843
I updated the coord a bit, couldn't find a good stock picture of a plain brown beret but it should be easy to get. Any other advise you gulls can give?
>>
Salon de the rose jsk in lavender + OTKs are on their way to me. Trying to find a good headpiece to match since I'm not a fan of the bonnet from the set, or bonnets in general. I'm thinking of going with AP's mirage canotier or classical champagne headbow. I'm relatively new and am not familiar with as many pieces, so if anyone knows of headpieces that you think would look good with this I'm all ears.
>>
>>8794466
Thank you so much anon, the shoes are so gorgeous.

Your coord is looking very lovely.This may be horrible advice, but as a suggestion have you considered adding a small dusty pink rose corsage to your collar?
>>
File: cosmic3.jpg (741 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
cosmic3.jpg
741 KB, 1000x1500
>>8794827
i'm a fan of the canotier!

>>8794784
dude i think you should put something brown as a second layer on the top, like a brown cardigan/bolero maybe.... (leaning towards cardigan because of beret - i personally just like it when people wear berets and cardigans together) since it's a simple coordinate i'm looking at stuff from brands like axes femme. i found 2 things there but one is all sold out.... sorry.... at least it's kind of a start?
http://shop.axesfemme.com/femme-%EF%BC%88%E3%82%AD%E3%83%83%E3%82%BA%EF%BC%89%E5%88%BA%E7%B9%8D%E5%85%A5%E3%82%8A%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%9A%E4%BB%98%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%87/brandproduct/femme/0/MR167X46K/?cat=200201&swrd= (sold out)
and
http://shop.axesfemme.com/femme-%E3%82%B4%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%99%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A4%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%EF%BC%AA%EF%BC%AB/brandproduct/femme/0/IM412X09/IM412X092814904024127/?cat=100&swrd= (not a cardigan lol)

i have really bad taste in legwear and need help (probably going to go with just white ap otks/white tights)
>>
>>8794843
No problem Anon, they really are great shoes and considering I have bigger then Asian feet (25.5) elegant shoes are a miracle. I'm really considering ordering another pair in my next Taobao order.

And it's not bad advise at all! The top does come with a rose corsage but I have no idea how nice it'll be.
>>
>>8793910
Chocolate addiction-chan here. I'll see about the blouse when both it and the jsk come in; pretty much everything in this pic is on its way except the hat.
>>
File: 262346346.png (989 KB, 1328x818) Image search: [Google]
262346346.png
989 KB, 1328x818
So I've been trying to plan my first coord, I tried on pic related but something seems off. I think it may be the blouse since it sits strange on my small shoulders.
>>
>>8795993
Why a high waist skirt and a vest? Misses the point of it.
>>
True anon, I'm just not too keen on the lace up front of it.
>>
>>8796015
Then why get it? It also may be why you think the blouse sits awkwardly as you have the two that are on the blouse. Try one without the other and see if the blouse fits better.,
>>
>>8796032
Thank you for the tip anon, it sits a lot better, don't know why I was stupid enough to try both.
>>
>>8794827
With the rose detailing you could always go for pink rose hair clips.
>>
has anyone ever tried putting a seifuku top under a jsk?
I have pic related and I want to make a sort of sweet sailor lolita coord, but I have no idea if the sleeves/neckline would look extremely tacky
>>
>>8797076
I have this JSK and a galaxy seifuku top at my parent's house, I'll give it a shot and get back to you tomorrow anon. I'm thinking the neckline will be difficult though because the neckline of the JSK sits fairly high.
Whether it's tacky isn't the question, imo. If you're going to do it, this is a good JSK to do it with because the print is both nautical and cutesy.
>>
File: coord.png (968 KB, 844x1761) Image search: [Google]
coord.png
968 KB, 844x1761
>>8793879
thank you so much! i found a brighter shade of pink shoes, hope this improves the overall look! plus i switched out the wristcuffs as of the other anon's suggestion
>>
>>8797083
that's what I was thinking with the whales and everything but I was worried the uniform top would look cheap or costume-ish

I'd appreciate it if you could try it anon! I'm on the fence about buying a seifuku for this
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2836) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2836
I'm working on my first ever coord and I'm stuck on the headwear. Does anybody have some recommendations?
Also since this is my first coord, please tell me if this looks hideous so I don't end up embarrassing myself.
>>
>>8797106
I like the general idea, anon! Maybe search for some tights that have pink and brown in them. also, for headwear, a hat similar to the one in the print would be cute, or you could wear a pink and brown bow- it depends on the color of your hair/wig
>>
>>8797109
Man, I never even thought about wearing the hat on the pattern. What are those types of hats called?
>>
>>8797116
looks similar to a bretton or a boater hat to me, but im not that great at identifying hats, anyone else know what this is called?
>>
File: WIN_20160104_223810.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160104_223810.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>8797076
I actually have this exact dress. It looks good with a sailor collar, IMO. The nautical theme goes well with it.

Pic related, forgive crappy laptop pic. Just threw this on.
>>
>>8797128
Now that I think about it, this might not be exactly what you're looking for. This is pretty frilly for a sailor top, but the collar shape is the same, at least.
>>
>>8797109
Chiming in to say I think this is a good idea. Also, are those music notes on your tights? You might not want to mix motifs too much. Stick to themes that are feature on the print or solid white.

I'd get a cute ladylike bag that matches your shoes, too. Maybe some a delicate necklace and bracelet. All in all, this is a good first attempt at a coord!

>>8797127
I think it's a touring hat? I usually just search local vintage shops or the vintage section of etsy.
>>
>>8797128
>>8797131
Not exactly what I'm looking for but thanks anon! It at least gives me a bit of an idea
>>
>>8797116
>>8797127
>>8797134
It looks like a Gainsborough hat (aka a picture hat) to me, but I second just searching for vintage hats in general and one will probably turn up.
>>
>>8797134
Thanks! The tights were actually a gift. I'll look into buying some new ones.
>>
>>8797076
There are lolita blouses and cutsews with sailor collars if you want that option, doesn't have to be a seifuku top . I think the trouble will be matching the blue and the front of the collar being too low.
>>
>>8797162
I thought about hunting down an AP one but I didn't want to spend the money for something I wasn't sure would work. I'd rather get a cheap $25 seifuku to experiment with than drop $60-100 to have it potentially look terrible
>>
>>8797181
The one in the pic I posted was like $12 on Taobao. The quality isn't amazing, but it's decent enough, good for the price. I know you said it wasn't quite what you were looking for, but here's the link just in case.

http://world.taobao.com/item/40237487250.htm?fromSite=main
>>
Are salo coords okay to post?
>>
>>8794148
>>8794271
>>8794760
Thanks guys, you're definitely right about the brooch and the blingy ring. I'm going to go with gold instead of silver since I feel like it goes better with the dress and the ring with the flowers is gold and I think it's really pretty.
I found this brooch on etsy I'm thinking of getting, I think it's a lot better.
I really like the idea of the cameo but I want to play up the flowers in the print with the brooch. Might try to find a cameo ring though!
>>
File: brooch.jpg (83 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
brooch.jpg
83 KB, 570x428
>>8797228
Dropped picture of course!
>>
>>8797231
That brooch is super cute!
>>
File: 1438428701965.jpg (28 KB, 496x416) Image search: [Google]
1438428701965.jpg
28 KB, 496x416
>>8791454
>sagging
kek
>>
>>8795993
seconding the vest being redundant.
A cute frilly bolero would do a lot more for you, and would work well to balance your thin shoulders out.
That blouse looks a little plain though, good on you picking a nice jabot.
This needs like, fancy black gloves that continue the pearl motif. I also suggest getting heraldry motif OTKs...Teja Jamilla fleur-de-lis tights would go well with it, but the gold would need to be echoed in your bag choice...so maybe not.
Definitely go for gold as an accent color if you can though.
>>
Hello gulls!! So I posted this in the last thread right before it auto saged and was hoping to get a little more concrit on it!!

I have never done a coord based on a JSK without a pattern to draw color inspiration from, so I hope I am not too far off with using brown as the accent color. The green is just such a weird one to coord with. I am going with the blonde wig, the brown is just to show the beret! Any advice or suggested is appreciated!!
>>
>>8797199
Thanks anon! It's a pretty cute blouse regardless so I'll definitely keep it in mind. You're a big help!
>>
>>8797288
put in more color, just a little accent such as a necklace and bracelet? it looks a little bland.
>>
>>8797288
The socks and beret are too infantiley cute for the dress
>>
>>8797483
>>8797486
What color/socks do you gulls suggest??
>>
>>8797515
I think the socks are fine. I would recommend cream lace tights, though.
>>
File: 2016-01-05_09.54.32.jpg (40 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-05_09.54.32.jpg
40 KB, 480x480
Oh god ok i am desperate for help. So im trying to pull off a military coord for an upcoming meetup, but military is so far out from what i usually do even though i love it.
I have Wonder Queen in black so I kind of want to go for a royal military/soldier kind of look.

The boots pictured aren't the exact boots ill be wearing, imo mine are cuter, but that is the closest i could find.
I figured the jacket might help the jsk look more military inspired
As far as headwear i have no idea at all. The hat is cute but idk if it can work for this? And legwear? I have lace topped otks, tights, both ivory and black, but im not sure what.
I love this series so much, please help me to not look like shit in one of my favorite AP dresses!
>>
File: FotorCreated.jpg (252 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
FotorCreated.jpg
252 KB, 1366x768
Well, sorry for the super shitty picture, my phone camera is working really bad lately I dont know why. The blouse, wirstcuffs and socks have a very similar cream tone. And the dress, heabow and shoes are also the same navy.

My problem is that I feel I'm lacking a red touch and accsesories. What would you recommend?
What woud you change gulls?
>>
>>8797740
Maybe burgundy tights to tie in with the bag and draw out the red in the print? I imagine not much will show between the hem and the boot-tops.
I don't like that particular hat with the jacket. Colors match, but it looks like a 20th century field cap, too modern/casual for the jacket and tallboots. A shako would suit the jacket best but then you'd look too costumey. I dunno, a beret or tam?
>>
>>8797740
Hair in a braid and pinned up, perhaps? Keep hair sleek and simple.
>>
>>8797816
I quite like the red understated, really love all the crown motifs.
How are you doing your hair? it can be hard to balance those crowns out.
What is the pile of lace with the bows on top, wristcuffs and brooch or something else?

I kind of wish it was one of the wide round necked frilly chiffon blouses with little three quarter sleeves and a long, simple necklace.
>>
File: asdafewea.jpg (73 KB, 666x455) Image search: [Google]
asdafewea.jpg
73 KB, 666x455
>>8797869
Those are my wirstcuffs!
And the blouse is a bit weird, with only one long ruffle on the sleeve. But as you said round neck and chiffon that looks pretty good with the dress.

You just reminded me about this wig, but I have it in dark brown. I hope the curls in the bottom can balance everything on my head!
>>
>>8797009
>>8794850
thanks!! I'm currently looking for the canotier or some flowers that match the flowers on the print so I can make my own clips.
>>
>>8797288
Where did you find that hat?
>>
>>8797249
Sorry, english is not my first language and sometimes I don't notice that kind of stuff, I promise next time it wont happen!
>>
How do you guys feel about striped socks? I think they look cute, but are they bad with lolita?
>>
File: tumblr_nomaajHELM1u8tx5jo1_540.jpg (85 KB, 540x551) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nomaajHELM1u8tx5jo1_540.jpg
85 KB, 540x551
Could someone please identify what the blue thing peaking out from below the dress is?
>>
>>8798192
An underskirt, anon, those are pretty popular atm.
>>
>>8798192
It is called an underskirt. I doubt we can tell you exactly where that one came from though.
>>
>>8798192
What's this OP?
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>8797109

>>8797106 here, would these socks look good or is that too much brown between the shoes and the pattern?
>>
>>8798201
>>8798204

Thank you! I thought so, but wasn't 100%. :)
>>
>>8798215
Bodyline L087, beautiful irl too
>>
File: 34240066brn.jpg (32 KB, 318x470) Image search: [Google]
34240066brn.jpg
32 KB, 318x470
Not exactly coord help but I was hoping you gulls could help me figure out what to do to make the bodice of this dress look less awkward? I really hate the white lacing, but the print is gorgeous and I don't want to pass up on the dress. I was thinking I could replace it with gold or brown ribbon? Or leave it out entirely?
>>
>>8798291
Take the ribbon out and wear a cardigan over it
>>
File: koitsukihime jsk.jpg (73 KB, 1257x979) Image search: [Google]
koitsukihime jsk.jpg
73 KB, 1257x979
So I recently got one of my most desired dream dresses and have to face the fact tha tI have little to match with it.
This is what I could put together with what I own.
Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
>>
>>8798191
Seriously? Striped socks have been around in lolita for years (although they're a bit of an ita staple too). It entirely depends on the socks, your coordinating ability and the outfit. Plenty of brands make striped socks specifically to match certain dresses.
>>
>>8798682

This looks pretty good, aside from the lack of jewellery. You could probably pick up a fake pearl necklace or some random stuff really easily, though.

Make sure the headdress is ivory as well and you're good to go.
>>
>>8797968
Holy shit that blouse would be amazing with Krad Lanrete's jellyfish dress.

>>8798291
You should just alter it into a skirt, the whole white satin waistband is really awkward looking and the waist ties aren't removable so you won't be able to cover it up with a sash or belt or anything. The print is too lovely to abandon to that awful bodice.

>>8798682
I love how the crossed straps on the RHS echo the framing of the designs on the dress, A+.
>>
>>8793919
yeah now that you say that about the headbow they might. if they don't look nice with the beret perhaps I'll just make a simple red ribbon to go in the middle of the antlers.

any other suggestions for >>8793339? jewelry perhaps?
>>
>>8797085
Those shoes are great, anon! I love this look. I'm still a sucker for OTT sweet after all this time.

>>8794144
This is looking a lot cuter and more cohesive.

>>8794850
I like the white socks or the misty sky otks for this. But then, I'm never fond of striped socks for some reason. I'm really loving the navy and sax color combo though!

>>8797076
Just pick up a Fairy Marine blouse from Lacemarket or another second hand seller, maybe?
>>
>>8799121
thank you so much! I'm a sucker for OTT sweet as well- i've tried to get into other styles, but it just doesnt appeal to me as a much as sweet does, haha
>>
File: tassle.jpg (284 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
tassle.jpg
284 KB, 500x600
Hey Anons. I recently bought this though I have removed the really dumb overskirt thing.
I'm looking for coord ideas. I'd really like to coord it with a black blouse and tights, with gold details. Do you think that would work or would black be too harsh for it? I primarily wear gothic and classic. Thanks.
>>
File: princoord.png (472 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
princoord.png
472 KB, 660x660
I'm trying to put together a coord for Chess Story's Le Printemps II JSK and I feel super lost. I want to pull out the blue more (maybe switch the shoes out for blue ones?) & include some bird themed jewelry but I can't find anything. I'm also not sure what blouse to wear with this neckline or what headwear to choose.
>>
>>8800094
Eyy, anon, I was just about to post about me putting together a coord for Le Printemps II in mint. The only thing I'd recommend changing is the shoes, I think ivory or the same creamsicle color would be better than stark white-- I think trying blue shoes would be way too much of a sudden pop of color in one spot.

I'd stick to blue accessories, instead of trying to put in a large block of it. Maybe a necklace, or shoe clips with a hint of blue-- I'm sure you could find a lot of bird accessories in blue, but I'm unsure of what search terms for taobao to use.

This hat could be cute, depending on the actual colors of it:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-11138214059.88.nxWjJR&id=520590828969

This bracelet, too:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.39.BOadSQ&id=45648552721&ns=1&abbucket=3#detail
>>
File: WhiteIvory.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
WhiteIvory.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>8791454
I am wondering if I could use ivory and white in my coord (pic related) without it looking horrible.
>>
I would like some opinions on this coord so far. I have a couple different blouse and bolero choices I'm going to try out, but this one just felt right when I tried to envision it all together. My biggest problem is finding good accessories, since I always seem to hit a wall there. I want to find some nice Norse inspired jewelry and such, but it's hard to find any feminine pieces in a sea of pagan metal bro wear.
>>
>>8797855
Yeahhh ive been looking at shako and the only ones i can fond are band uniform shako. They look pretty neat, but they look just a bit "much". Maybe I'll keep the jacket and stick to the headbow it came with? And i love your burgundy tight suggestion! I dont think i have any that color that QUITE match, but maybe i can find some wine/gold diamond tights/socks?idk I'll look around! Thankyou!
>>
>>8800377
I think the boots will match the JSK nicely, everything else looks iffy.
I don'treally see the shade of the blouse on the print of the dress and the shawl will most likely hide and unbalance the JSK's colors. Same problem with the headdress, if you can find a headdress with some brown on it that would be nice.
A white blouse would probably your safest option too.
The tights don't seem to match either the aesthetic of the JSK nor theme.
>>
File: blouse_marymagdalene_kinari.jpg (36 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
blouse_marymagdalene_kinari.jpg
36 KB, 300x400
>>8798220

You have a really solid start; great, simple main piece for a first coord!

I'd say stick with the white socks because it'll make your top half clash too hard with your bottom half. The ones you have are good, but if you can find some that are predominately pink with brown details, or white/ivory with brown details, then you'd be good. I'd suggest checking BTSSB San Fran for some socks; they have a few good pairs on sale right now. I would suggest doing ivory with this coord, but you'd have the change the blouse as well, which to be honest the blouse kinda throws me off. Something more delicate and lolita oriented like pic related would work much better, in my opinion. You could get something similar for around $50-60 if you search around on the second hand sites a little.

I think a straw boater would be really cute with this coord, as well!
>>
I need help coording an outfit that isn't lolita, would it be ok if I posted it here or should I make a new thread?
>>
>>8800136
Probably not unless you have a dress that combined the white and ivory colours. That's the only way I've seen it look good

>>8800377
Not convinced about the bolero but the rest is pretty nice. I can't help you with the accessories - I have the same issue!

>>8799597
I'm not convinced about black. I think you could have black accents, but a black blouse and tights would be too much unless you're basically covering the blouse with a non black bolero. Maybe black could work in a warmer weather outfit with a short sleeve blouse and ankle socks.
>>
>>8800398
Thank you, I really appreciate that.

However, the color of the boots is more what I'm worried about over the color of the blouse. The JSK is very red-purple in person and not very brown, though it has brown in it. I have some ivory shoes, but I can only see those unbalancing things more. The tights match okay because the print is covered with roses (though they're hard to see), but I'd appreciate other suggestions, since I'm hitting a wall there, as well.

The shawl I could easily lose, and I have a couple different boleros that won't hide so much that I'll give a go. Thanks for that, I didn't think about how it could cover too much.

The headdress I want to keep in the coord; it's made of the same exact lace as is on the JSK, but I'll definitely change out the roses and tie-ribbons, since it all is detachable.

If anyone could link me any recommendations for jewelry or shops that could possibly have something good for this, then I'd really appreciate it!
>>
>>8800407
Thank you! Based on what you and the other anon said, I'm taking the bolero out of the coord; it doesn't make much sense to me either now that it's been pointed out.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (35 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
35 KB, 600x600
>>8800407
Ah thank you, I have another dumb question, is their any way to coord these shoes with this dress.
>>
>>8799597
Black would look okay, but I think navy or another deep blue would look really opulent.

>>8800136
I think you can do white + ivory if it's an ivory JSK and you add a third color. Do something to tie in the pink (red? I can't see) on the tights; corsage, hatband, detachable bows, waist sash, w/e.
>>
>>8800419
Why not accessorize in brown then? Match your bag, jewellery, and outerwear to the boots
>>
>>8800437
Not really, the clouds on that are pretty white and there's no ivory that I can see on that dress
>>
>>8800751
Thanks! I will save the shoes for another dress.
>>
>>8797076
this might look cute, the blues might clash but maybe you could find a different colorway:
http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/80893
>>
>>8797740
Sell me the bag pls.
>>
File: CrestGobelinCoord.png (346 KB, 555x482) Image search: [Google]
CrestGobelinCoord.png
346 KB, 555x482
Can I get some input on this coord? I want to wear this dress to an upcoming convention and so far this is what I have in mind (sorry for bad blouse picture, I couldn't find a pic of similar enough one and had to take my own). I'm not really sure about legwear, I have fleece-lined black tights but I also have some black with brassy details knee-highs. As for wigs I have a long flax Lockshop wig and a dark brown long GLW one, but I don't know which will look better with the red.
>>
File: Cream-Cat-Attempt.png (1 MB, 1072x1280) Image search: [Google]
Cream-Cat-Attempt.png
1 MB, 1072x1280
I'm trying to coord cream cat that I got a few years ago. I thought ti'd be a cute coord to wear to a cat cafe or something. Kind of kicking myself that I bought the ears instead of the headbow but well...there they are.

I'm kind of iffy on the socks since the print is really busy, I might just switch them out for something more plain.
>>
>>8803633
That looks really cute! Where are the socks and boots from? I'd wear a pink blouse and bag.
>>
>>8801869
What about tights to match the blouse colour with gold accents?
In terms of wigs, I'd just try them and see which you like better

>>8803633
I'm kind of worried your browns and pinks won't match and that the cardigan won't look great with that dress. What about a plain pink bolero/cardigan?
>>
File: tejajamillatights.jpg (88 KB, 570x959) Image search: [Google]
tejajamillatights.jpg
88 KB, 570x959
>>8801869
I think these would look good with that print and the blouse.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/260310062/mtall-crown-printed-tights-medium-tall
>>
>>8803747
Thanks anon! The socks are IW tea time OTK's
and the boots are from here
>http://world.taobao.com/item/41379578078.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-8988265022.8.PKGmSi

>>8803835
You're probably right anon. Every picture I've seen of that cardigan has been varying in color depending on who took the photo. So I'll probably take your advice and just go with a pink bolero.
>>
Gulls, can you help me out?
I've just purchased Gardenberries but I'm a little worries about head/leg wear. I have a cream blouse, but would black leg wear (I was thinking those rose patterned tights?), black shoes and a black headbow with the clip bow be too dark? What should I have for neckwear? I plan on wearing a milk tea coloured wig and the JSK is black.

I thought about wearing my wine red/brown wig but my other option with that is a cream beret, which I think would unbalance the whole look.

Also is a black leather pouch embellished with fern designs an acceptable bag to carry? I'm very very new.
>>
>>8794850
oh i love this. i like the striped socks because it matches the stripe on the skirt.
>>
newfag here.
I'm not sure about the headwear. will a gold star clip go with this dress?
And what if i change to white tights and gold shoes?
>>
File: collage_20160109215520176.jpg (207 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
collage_20160109215520176.jpg
207 KB, 640x640
>>8804647
Pic dropped
>>
File: Sailor Lolita Coord.png (835 KB, 1002x800) Image search: [Google]
Sailor Lolita Coord.png
835 KB, 1002x800
Doing in a taobao order soon, and stuck on whether these accessories really work together, and whether or not to buy them. I'm thinking of switching the rattan box to one closer to the shade of the boater, and finding better socks. No clue on a wig yet. Is this too busy?
>>
>>8804647
>>8804648
You *could* do a gold star clip but imo that would ruin the elegance of the dress and the more mature feeling you have going right now. Same with gold shoes. Imo you don't really need to play up the white or gold too much. I'd say a dark blue and/or black headdress with small gold accents if you can find something like that
>>
>>8797076
Anon, you're going to be wearing lolita with a sailor top. Yes, it's going to look a bit tacky, but also good. Every time that you put a 'costume' gimmick with lolita it will be questionable, and people are always going to critique you.

Wearing a uniform top will always look 'costume-ish' unless you're wearing that ridiculous nanchatte or whatever trend (still looks like cosplay), but blend those lines. Nautical looks look great!
>>
>>8803633
I like this, but it looks like the boots might cover up part of the pattern on the socks which might look weird. I'd try them on together and see how it looks, but you probably want to have another pair of brown socks or tights as a backup
>>
File: cordhelp2.png (351 KB, 605x423) Image search: [Google]
cordhelp2.png
351 KB, 605x423
Im already worried about the mints not matching since i just agreed to buy the socks but does this look okay with the browns. im hoping the browns go well enough together since the socks have a few shades of brown in them.
>>
File: 15440.jpg (440 KB, 735x1152) Image search: [Google]
15440.jpg
440 KB, 735x1152
I received this cute Dear Celine sailor op for my birthday and so threw it together as pictured so I could wear it, now I want to do something proper.
I can't decide what color outerwear and shoes I should use + if I should change the beret color. Also I want to get a different bag but I'm not sure what style would suit this?

also also dumb beginner question probably but how accurately should colors match because the red on this dress is tricky and making my life difficult?
>>
>>8807123
They seem okay from the photos but I think the best way to tell is to try it all on, take a photo in good lighting and have a look.

>>8807242
A satchel or similar bag would be cute.
Regarding the reds, they should be close -the beret bow seems fine but the bright red charm on your bag isn't.
You could possibly do white shoes with this outfit, and i probably would try to match one the dress colours for outerwear.
>>
File: image.jpg (903 KB, 922x922) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
903 KB, 922x922
I'm having second thoughts about the socks. Any suggestions?
>>
>>8808570
I don't like that blouse; the color is just off enough from the dress and shoes as to be annoying. I'd go for an ivory/cream/beige one instead. The cardi might also throw it all off because of how long and big it is, plus that neckline. Socks seem okay, but I think lighter ones would look better with the shoe.
>>
File: dc.png (618 KB, 972x648) Image search: [Google]
dc.png
618 KB, 972x648
>>8807242
>>8807371
The beret bow is a bit darker but it's hard to tell from where it is, so I guess it matches fine. The charm was a gift too I won't keep it in the coord haha.
I came up with this pic but maybe I'll swap the shoe and bolero colors? I'll try both at least. Oh and instead of white shoes I'll try white socks or tights.
>>
File: 1452560012202.jpg (119 KB, 480x710) Image search: [Google]
1452560012202.jpg
119 KB, 480x710
Can I please get some coord critique?
I feel like I'm missing something.
>>
>>8809072
I think it's the color balance, needs more scatterings of pink/red. It'd be super cute if you swapped the bows on the boots for red or pink, or if those aren't removable, do pink laces.
>>
Any tips on adding some busyness to the bottom of a coord? I'm doing my first super OTT coord, and it's some OTT sweet and OTT classic behemoth.
I have a ton of shit going on on my head and bodice area, but my legs seem kind of bare with just plain lace tights and bow heels. I would do lace ankle socks, but it seems kind of out of season for that.
>>
>>8809103
Ah yes! Thank you!
>>
>>8809111
Can you post a picture of the shoes you're wearing? Off the top of my head: a darker color of solid tights under your lace tights to up the contrast of the pattern; ballet-style ankle ribbons (don't have to attach them to your shoes, tie them under your instep); a spray of lace inserted where the tongue of the shoe would be (this was a Rococo fashion trend); tassels added onto the bows
>>
>>8804760
You look like you're trying too hard to make a non sailor dress sailor themed with a side smattering of country with the rattan basket bag. What colour is the dress supposed to be? It looks like it matches nothing else in the outfit, but IW also has shit stock photos. I'd lose the socks, bag and the idea of replacing the bows and just go for cute and summery
>>
>>8804769
Ah thank! The op have small gold star embroidered on the back collar so I thought it'd matched. Actually I'm purchased a black veil along with this op. But I want another accessorie choices.
And do a grayish blue wig matche with this Op?
>>
>>8808999
Anon for god's sake throw away that cardigan and NEVER use it in a lolita coord. Ditch the black beret, it goes with nothing, don't coord navy with black (unless gothic). You are on a good track otherwise. White tights would be cute.
>>
>>8809415
It's kind of a light grey? Unfortunately I don't have a camera that does it justice. I really appreciate the feed back! - it was one of the first pieces I bought, and have coorded it was navy pieces and silver jewelry before - I just thought it looked a bit too plain without the theme. But I absolutely understand what you're saying thanks! How would you suggest (other than nixing said items) making it 'cute and summery'?
>>
File: dcpart2electricboogalo.png (651 KB, 972x648) Image search: [Google]
dcpart2electricboogalo.png
651 KB, 972x648
>>8809473
dw my guy I don't have the cardigan I just wanted to check if the colors looked ok. I picked up a cute ruffle trimmed bolero in the same deep red as on the dress.
Can you not use black even as an accent color, like maybe black shoes or a ribbon? I know I'm forcing it but I just like black I guess uh.
colors together is something like pictured now and I'm debating if this bag still looks good or if a plain white one would be better.
>>
>>8809530
I honestly think this would look great with a grey cardigan and grey solid tights. Perhaps a white brooch or pin on the cardigan.

The bag could work? It seems so stark white in comparison to the rest - so I think a lighter grey cardigan would do wonders!
>>
>>8804648
Could you tell me the name of this OP, please? I can't make out the taobao store name from the image.

>>8809072
Pink wristcuffs would look really cute with tis. Maybe a corsage with the same pink flower you're using in the bonnet on the chest area of the dress.
>>
>>8809627
I don't know the name of this Op.but,here's link to the store
http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=0.0.0.0&id=525202808411
>>
File: summer promenade.jpg (187 KB, 1002x603) Image search: [Google]
summer promenade.jpg
187 KB, 1002x603
>>8809515
I think the straw hat is cute so I've based this around generally beachy with an air of "promenading along the pier at brighton" rather than "as many anchors as possible, everywhere". I like the idea of putting white in the outfit and making it lighter, and for visual interest I've tried to go for a more subtle theme in the accessories (keeping them in silver/pearl tones so they don't stand out as much and are quite elegant - I love the idea of plain pearl jewellery with this as well). Struggled to find legwear to balance the navy though - if you were keen on white tights with a subtle pattern I think this could work better, and you could balance the navy with navy shoe clips.
Alternatively, I would switch it up entirely and go with a patterned/embellished blouse in a pastel shade(s).
>>
File: _20160112_112928.jpg (242 KB, 1333x1885) Image search: [Google]
_20160112_112928.jpg
242 KB, 1333x1885
What sort of blouse should I wear with this? Too much of my Peter pan collar blouse is showing and it looks awkward, like the dress is too formal for the blouse
>>
>>8809550
There isn't gray on the dress so I'm not sure it would fit in? The photos probably don't show the dress well the pattern is red stripes outlined in white over navy, and the whites are all stark white. damn I could use some kind of lolita color rules post since I am such a know nothing baby

>>8809936
I think a square neck blouse could look really nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 280x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 280x373
Anyone has any ideas of what kind of headwear would suit Musée du Chocolat? I'm planning a really simple coord, more classic than sweet, the colors I'm using are ivory, chocolate and gold for some accesories.
>>
>>8810612
Grosgrain ribbon is a prominent design feature of the dress, so maybe just a simple ribbon head bow if you can find a matching shade of brown? You could embellish it further with the kind of braid that's used to trim the bib, or with gold charms featuring some of the motifs in the print (crowns, fleur de lis).
>>
>>8809530
Honestly if you use black accents with navy on a dress that has not already got navy x black or an outfit that's super balanced, you just look like you got dressed in the dark. I think that outfit is a huge improvement, presuming that's a navy beret rather than black.

>>8809936
High collar or lower square/round neck

>>8810612
Small bow clips would work for a simple classic outfit
>>
File: sweetgirl.png (176 KB, 361x290) Image search: [Google]
sweetgirl.png
176 KB, 361x290
>>8810612
I think the Sweet Girl (Room) headbow would look nice!
>>
>>8808570
I'd be less worried about the socks and more worried what that oversized long cardigan is doing in your coord...
>>
File: HorrorGardenCoord1.jpg (100 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
HorrorGardenCoord1.jpg
100 KB, 1800x1800
Looking for some feedback on this coord. I really don't know if I rather go with the Bonnet or the Veil. (Also, not that particular veil, I'm currently making one. That's the closest picture I could find to what I have.)
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 345x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 345x437
>>8810632
>>8810683
>>8810934
Thank you all for your help! Maybe I'll go for one of IW's side headbows like pic related or the art nouveau headbow that has golden, although I'm not sure if the browns match perfectly. I love the idea of the sweet girl room bow, the colors are perfect, if I see it somewhere in the second hand sites I'll definitely get it!
>>
File: Coord help.jpg (242 KB, 1211x756) Image search: [Google]
Coord help.jpg
242 KB, 1211x756
I'd love some feedback on this since I plan on buying the dress soon. I'm thinking of adding some wrist cuffs in red as well and a gold necklace of some sort.
>>
>>8812581
I think white wrist cuffs would look better than red ones; try looking for ones with red bows if you want them to match this specific coord better.
>>
>>8812595
I think you're right! Thank you so much, I actually have a pair of white and gold ones in the mail
>>
>>8811133
I would go for different shoes, and im not sure if those tights are the best for it.
>>
File: kuranocoord.png (1 MB, 1258x890) Image search: [Google]
kuranocoord.png
1 MB, 1258x890
This is my plan for a Kuragehime themed coord. Mine is Kuranosuke and my friend who has the navy version of the jsk is doing Tsukimi. I know people generally hate cosplay themed coords but at least I'm not making a maid dress, sticking an Uchiha fan on it and calling it "cosplay lolita desu." Trying instead to go for something I think he would wear, so slightly OTT and hime inspired
Concrit or suggestions would be really helplful since I'm (obviously) a newbie
>>
>>8800136
sauce on shoes?
>>
>>8813021
I like the concept but your execution definitely needs some perfecting. Long sleeves and gloves are going to be too much. Also not sure about your blouse choice, as that blouse isn't meant for a dress with straps. You may end up needing to take the bow off the chest area of the JSK in order to prevent it from looking weird. Not sure why you're taking the rose off the headpiece but I hope you have something good to replace it with or that's going to look really odd. And of course don't forget the tights, Haenuli makes tights that match this dress but there's lots of options out there if you don't want to be too matchy-matchy.
>>
>>8813021
Instead of taking the rose off the headpiece (he's canonically a fan of giant rose hairclips), why not add rose clips to the shoes for a bit of extra OTT?
I think false nails will look better than lace gloves. Also more OTT poof in the wig and the petticoat will make it more recognizable.
>>
>>8809530
Thats better for the colors, love the bag, but I still say kill the cardigan/bolero in the pic. It just hides the really cute sleeves of the OP. Unless you add some good details to it like wristcuffs (not lacey kind), a brooch pinmribbon.. It just brings fown the whole coord imo.
>>
File: strawberry coord.png (403 KB, 622x565) Image search: [Google]
strawberry coord.png
403 KB, 622x565
I'd really appreciate some feedback on this coord, especially regarding accessories.I feel like it's missing some red but I'm not quite sure where to push it in other then buying a extra bracelet and using the strawberry charms from it on the bag. As a blouse I'll probably be wearing Bodyline l076 but couldn't edit it into the picture.

>Also, if anyone could find more info on this dress that'd be great
>Found a similar dress on lolibrary but not in this cut.
>Seems to be a version of APs Strawberry Chiffon series.
>>
>>8813259
Where did you get that cardigan? It's cute!
>>
>>8813266
It's from Meta, I'm not sure if they still have it on the site because I bought it second hand and the site is giving me some issues now.
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/short-sleeve-rose-embroidered-bolero
>>
>>8813259
I love this. Definitely the red hair bow, it has such a nice 'pop' that helps pull everything together.
>>
>>8813259
I like it with the red headbow. Maybe bring in more red by swapping out the corset lacing ribbon? I think the bracelet charms will look disproportionately small if they're the only red on the bag, could the lace bow be swapped out for a red ribbon one? Either that or some kind of strawberry applique patch pinned to the basket weave part?
>>
>>8813303
Swapping the corset lacing is a great idea Anon! I don't think the ribbon on the bag can be switched but I may be able to find some Strawberry patches to pin onto the bag.
>>
File: 56565.jpg (24 KB, 330x390) Image search: [Google]
56565.jpg
24 KB, 330x390
>>8812581
with those fancy 3/4 sleeves I honestly don't think wrist cuffs are necessary, I think some elegant rings in gold with red gems and gold with pearls would be a better option. A gold and pearl choker type necklace would look lovely with this too.
>>
>>8811133
I prefer the veil. I think shoes with a heel or somewhat Victorian style ankle boots with a small heel would be a better option as well.
>>
>>8809936
I think a high-neck Victorian style blouse would be particularly nice with this, a slight flare to the sleeve cuffs would be good too.
>>
>>8813151
yeah I'd rather have the sleeves show too but I'm going for something seasonally appropriate right now haha. previously I wore it with a coat and got too warm so I wanted to try something lighter. the bolero I have has ruffle edges and sleeves and I've ordered a whole bunch of badges/broaches/ribbons etc so I'll try to make it work!
If needed would navy non lace wristcuffs be the way to go?
>>
>>8811133
+1 for veil. I keep thinking shoes like pic related would be cute but maybe it's too obvious. Definitely try a more elegant heel, maybe look at things matching the collar or other motifs.
>>
File: Artificial-Flowers-font-b-Rose.jpg (184 KB, 496x270) Image search: [Google]
Artificial-Flowers-font-b-Rose.jpg
184 KB, 496x270
>>8809072
I feel like the tights design is getting lost because of the length of the boots, not to mention the print looks like it's competing with the design on the skirt of the jsk rather than complimenting it. I'd actually prefer off-white lace tights with those boots.

I think adding more pink, red, off white rose mix to the side of the bonnet would look lovely too (pic related for color scheme more than anything).

Adding pink bows to the wrist cuffs with a small red rose in the center of each bow would be a really nice touch too.
>>
File: coordhelp.png (2 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
coordhelp.png
2 MB, 1600x1600
I'm having a little bit of trouble with my coord, primarily in the purse and legwear department. I'm having trouble picking a purse out, and I'm pretty lost on tights.

I bought this cheapo pair off of ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272016644075?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=570831999194&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

since the coloring looks slight enough to possibly work, but most likely will not use it. Would a pair of simple pair of white/ivory knit/fabric looking tights work?
>>
>>8813539
wow this is so pretty anon, to keep balance and focus on the jsk print, I'd be tempted to go pink/peach bag (although the lower contrast of the heart bag has a lot of charm too) with quality cream lace tights - I think the thinness of the material plus print of the ones you chose would be too distracting and throw it off.
>>
>>8813539
AAAAAAH the cockatiel dress!
I like the heart bag. It coordinates perfectly with the shoes, and it doesn't compete with the plentitude of textures and patterns you've already got.
I think ivory tights would be fine, the ones you posted from eBay seem too reddish-pink and not peachy-pink enough to tie in with the colors of the print.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 1004x1004) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 1004x1004
>>8812611
Thanks! I actually just tried it on for my boyfriend and he said the same thing. He said to lose the stockings for some sheer plain black ones and get shoes that come up a bit higher, maybe booties. Any ideas or suggestions? Was thinking something like pic related
>>
>>8813553
Thanks! That's why I was tempted to go with the peach bag, to match the detail of the ribbons, because I didn't want to overload mint onto the coord. Still debating between the two, though..

I thought the print would be okay-ish, (although I tried to cancel it 30min after I bought it, and it wouldn't let me, oh well.), but I agree that a creamy lace would probably be fore the best!

>>8813569
Oh, I bought the blue pair! It seemed like it faded into a really soft tinted white, but I guess I'll see when it gets here. I'll definitely go with ivory tights, though!

I'm debating between the heart bag and the pink-- if the heart bag was a bit smaller, I'd probably go with that immediately, but being as big as it is seems like it might crowd the coord with mint to much? Or maybe I'm being too meticulous...

Maybe I could decorate the front with some pink/salmon colored flowers, or a string of pearls? To throw in a tiny bit of that color? I'll probably be buying some pink flowers to add to the hat, anyways..
>>
>>8813259
This is cute anon! I second the red head bow.
I don't like the shade of green on the cardigan but that's just my personal taste
>>
File: dolce.jpg (30 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
dolce.jpg
30 KB, 250x333
would a biscuit/cookie bag be okay with IW dolce? the print has just different ice creams I think, but the colors and theme go together.
>>
>>8813045
>>8813072
I'll ditch the glove idea and go for nice nails, thanks. I might end up removing the chest bow but it looks okay to me, when it's all on. I like the rose on the headpiece but it just feels very out of place in a ocean theme coord, and it's attached with a safety pin so I can put it back on if I change my mind (the entire head piece is actually three head pieces all clipped together that can be worn together or separately, which is really cool! I didn't know until it arrived). I'll consider matching tights but I'm worried because I have muscular legs and when I bought my Royal Crown tights they stretched and looked really ugly.
Thanks guys, I'll keep this stuff in mind while I keep working on it
>>
Is lolita code for victorian?
>>
>>8813045
I have a Blouse like that, the straps can go under the neckline ruffles just fine cause that's where they connect
>>
>>8813863
I think it fits thematically, especially if you go with a pink blouse to push the sweet feeling the food motifs give. I'd remove the waist ribbon and go for matching browns in the belt/purse/shoes to make sure you have an even distribution of the third color.
>>
File: dolce coord.png (678 KB, 800x648) Image search: [Google]
dolce coord.png
678 KB, 800x648
>>8814245
ooh would you have any recs for pink or peachy colored blouses with long sleeves? Replacing the ribbon is a good idea too, thanks!

I'm looking at socks and want to go with something chocolate or cutlery themed. do the ones in the pic look alright with the dress and shoes+ what are more suggestions for socks because I'm not sure what I'll be able to get?
>>
File: shopping.jpg (10 KB, 235x450) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
10 KB, 235x450
Are people gonna sin it if I wear pic related with a military themed coord? My dress has a lot of soutache braiding in the print, so I tried to go with a hessian-style shoe or boot but so far it's been an impossible find. If anyone finds a black heel/ankleboot/boot with gold button or trim I'm interested.
>>
>>8814521
I like the top left OTKs the best. The AP tights are too Rococo for that dress (like the framing elements, they look weird next to the cutesy watercolor-llustration + gingham IW print), and the bottom ones are motif-clashing (card suits) and too fancy (again with the Rococo designs, but now compounded with gold).
Blouses are hard. I'm guessing you want a peter pan collar because overall youthful impression given by the gingham + sweets. I kind of like this one from Anna House (http://www.annahousefashion.com/detail.asp?catid=76395&subcatid=0&pdtid=712042&private=), it's available in pink and the lace on the collar and sleeves has scallops that echo the ones in the print. It does have that horizontal ruffle across the chest, I dunno if that'll play nice with the neckline of the JSK itself.
>>
>>8814985
The card suits are actually matching! The pattern along the bottom is cards and it is bordered by little card suits. You can only really see it close up... but anyway that's why I considered those socks.
I do like the beige ones at the top I think they have the right amount of cute. Hopefully I can get them or something similar enough.

Definitely want a peter pan but for some reason I thought a larger collar would look good? Like maybe this one (out of stock though)
>http://www.annahousefashion.com/detail.asp?catid=76395&subcatid=0&pdtid=685460&private=
It doesn't have the scallop detail but it's pink and pretty nice overall.

pic related I'm really into this type of chiffon blouse. I think this one's strawberry witch? The embroidery might be mismatching but I'd love something in this style.
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 1082x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 1082x1500
Im deciding if I want IW's agatte skirt in red or navy. Would a coord in a single color (that isn't black or white) look silly?
>>
>>8815953
If all the shades of navy match (or at least look good together) it might be okay, but bland. Not a fan of the idea, personally.
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 1082x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 1082x1500
>>8815967
Red it is then! Pretty sure the accent color is gold on the red version though so maybe I'll go with different tights.
>>
File: coord 2.jpg (219 KB, 1057x915) Image search: [Google]
coord 2.jpg
219 KB, 1057x915
Baby's first coord and I'm not really sure what to go for accessory-wise. Or if what I've got looks nice, for that matter, but hey, that's why I'm asking. I really want to put together something nice, this dress won't get out of my head.
>>
>>8816222
This dress is honestly a train wreck in every worn picture I've seen, even when well coordinated.

Please don't waste your money.
>>
>>8816222
Looking okay so far anon, I would personally choose different socks because you've already got one tiling print so far (the harlequin diamonds on the JSK) and it might look really busy. If you can't find the matching headbow for this series, try a solid pink katyusha and a couple of chocolate/dessert/cat-themed clips to go with it. Whichever of those themes you chose to run with should be what you use throughout the rest of the outfit to avoid going full clusterfuck.
>>
>>8813259
It's the 2007 strawberry chiffon from AP. People forget that lolibrary is hit and miss for pre 2010 releases.
>>
>>8816502
Thank you Anon! I also tried looking on Hellolace in the wayback machine but most the images are dead. I did manage to find the same dress for sale in black but no print name/year. Thanks again!
>>
File: DoubleButtonPinaforeJSK-purple.jpg (20 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
DoubleButtonPinaforeJSK-purple.jpg
20 KB, 300x350
Bought this recently and I have some nice enough things to coord it with, but the neckline/collar is killing me. Should I get a high-neck/collarless blouse for it or just wear a standard blouse? Before it arrived I had planned to just wear it blouseless with a little blazer or bolero and a nice necklace or something, but the neckline is much lower than I expected and I'd be uncomfortable with it (and really cold, probably).

Any ideas?
>>
>>8817975
Wearing standard peter pan collar blouses with JSKs that already have collars usually looks a bit odd but the "collar" of this JSK kinda looks like lapels on a vest so you could try wearing a standard blouse with it and see if it works. Otherwise, definitely get a high collar or square neck blouse for it.
>>
>>8818005
That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping I could work with the round-collars I have because I've accidentally started a collection of blouses at this stage, but hey, I could do worse. Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can pick up a nice high-collar for it.
>>
File: 05d93838.jpg (54 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
05d93838.jpg
54 KB, 480x854
>>8817975
If you google "マーチングジャンパースカート (レジメン" you get a lot of store display coords to give you an idea. I'd personally go with a high neck that has some ruffles, a tie or a jabot.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/metamor_harajyuku/archives/51779469.html
>>
I bought this cape and I would like to do a skirt coord with it, but I'm not really sure what will go with it in terms of colors. I know excentrique has a matching skirt but I'm far from fitting in it. I feel like an ivory blouse would look nice with the olive green but I'm not sure on skirt color. Black?
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
>>8819022
Dropped my pic!
>>
Anyone know where i might be able to find a long lolita-suitable petticoat? I want to pre order the new LESE jsk but i don't have a petti currently that would be long enough for it
>>
File: EliseRoseOP-blue.jpg (54 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
EliseRoseOP-blue.jpg
54 KB, 250x333
Bought IW Elise Rose recently. I've only seen it coordinated with cream boots and some cream headpiece. Any other ideas?
>>
My comm is having a fancy hat meet and I'm planning on wearing gardenberries, but I'm not a hat person so I have no clue what to wear with it. Any suggestions? I'm pretty crafty so I can easily diy something, I'm just stuck for ideas.
>>
>>8820395
Boater (or dark brown smaller one, vm style) with nice quality flowers, vines, strawberries. Think classic/ country.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 363x538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 363x538
I'm interested in buying this dress, but I don't know- do I wear a blouse with something with this neckline? I like it without one, but I really don't want to look stupid if I should be wearing one.
>>
File: 16-01-19-16-28-14-630_deco.jpg (610 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
16-01-19-16-28-14-630_deco.jpg
610 KB, 720x1280
Babby's first coord attempt here, concrit please?
>>
>>8821801
If you're going to go with pretty big/ornate headpiece like that bonnet, you need to balance it out with more accessories. Some bracelets/rings would help. I feel like the shoes are also not as elegant/ornate as the rest of the coord, but that's probably me being nitpicky.
>>
>>8820417
Pretty sure you'd be fine without one.
>>
>>8821801
I would definitely add some more accessories as the bonnet and print are very OTT, also maybe a blouse that has fancier sleeves maybe? I would also suggest some shoe clips, maybe some roses, just to make the shoes look a bit fancier! Otherwise, it looks great!
>>
>>8821801
I was about to say the same as >>8821867 , some lavender flowers like the one in your head in the shoes would look great.
And more lavender/pink accesories in the middle area.
But it's a great first coord, anon!
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 236x314
>>8819022
>>8819025
Black would work, so would maroon, chocolate brown, beige or a mid toned pink or purple

>>8819210
Try rockabilly, square dancing, or websites selling 50s style clothing. Mid calf length is more popular with those groups. Otherwise try melikestea.

>>8819462
If you can find it, pick up the purple in tights and floral hairpiece, with tan or brown shoes and bag. There also looks to be some peach/apricot tones in the dress which could also be used as accent colours

>>8820395
Something like this but possibly a brown ribbon, consider adding more stuff to it as well like flowers, leaves to match the dress

>>8820417
No blouse needed, but if you do wear one, wear something with a high collar.

>>8821801
Your hands and wrists look a bit bare, and I would also consider flower shoe clips to match the ones in your hair
>>
>>8821801
I feel like the blouse is too plain for the rest of coord and rings/bracelets would help make it perfect. Other than that it's a pretty spot-on first attempt.
>>
>>8821801
Very cute! But definitely agreeing with all the other posts, I'd add some more accessories. It's so close to being perfect!
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (463 KB, 747x725) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
463 KB, 747x725
Please pardon the poor Photoshop; No good pictures of this dress in the colorway I have and I plan to paint a pair of shoes to match.
I was aiming for a sort of snakey/fancy-druid/slytherin theme and got a bit lost on the way. I should also note that the dress has more blue undertones in real life.
>>
>>8823307
I would just say do your research on finding a good shoe paint if you don't know just because sometimes painted shoes don't always look so nice. I think black shoes could work just as fine if you try to put more green elsewhere.
>>
>>8823307
Painting shoes can be risky, so check for the right paint and material to work with. Either that or go for custom made options. If you want a different colour for the shoes, go for a sheer tights so that it won't appear so heavy with black when you pair it with black shoes. Or opt for socks that has green in it so it will go better with the black shoes.
>>
>>8823321
>>8823364
Gonna be using Angelus, and I've been watching tutorials. Also gonna do a test run before the final shoes. If that does fail, though, I'll have a pair of black shoes on hand just in casies. Thanks for the concern though!
Having seen some shit paint jobs on shoes back when I was more into cosplay, I know where it stems from.
>>
>>8823307
I'm really not sure about those arm warmer gauntlet things, and I actually think patterned tights and more elegant held would be really nice with your theme rather than socks and platforms since there's nothing else old school about the outfit
>>
>>8809760
Hey anon, which just is that from IW?
>>
>>8823869
Oops meant jsk *
>>
>>8797740
Do you have a black fluffy hat? Could go for like the Buzzby style!
>>
File: New Canvas.png (405 KB, 700x565) Image search: [Google]
New Canvas.png
405 KB, 700x565
im not sure whether to change the headwear and do you think i should incorporate more blue?? help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
File: coord.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
coord.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1200
Would love some feedback on my first coord! I'm not so sure about the tights/shoes? Should I go with red shoes instead?

I know it's kind of lame to go with a Cardcaptor beret but it was cute I couldn't help myself.
>>
>>8791454
I'm trying to figure out how to do a more toned-down, practical coordinate with dream fantasy, if possible. It's not really my style anymore, but it was a gift from my mother one christmas, so there's no way I can give it up. Any advice or examples would be appreciated!
>>
>>8824057
I really like the beret actually, it matches well. I'd definitely add some more red in, red shoes would be better definitely and a little cuter/fancier than what you have, tea parties would work if you don't want to wear heels. For tights you could do some white tights with a gold pattern on them.
>>
>>8823935
I like the headwear but I'm not sure about the bracelet - maybe incorporate the blue in that?

>>8824057
Sheer tights like that are generally only seen in vintage inspired coords, and the shoes seem very out of place as well. Red Mary Jane shoes would be better, and white socks or possibly white/gold tights like the other anon suggested

>>8824181
I would dress this down with a turtleneck, black blazer, pastel tights, and black boots.
>>
File: i have these.jpg (57 KB, 447x581) Image search: [Google]
i have these.jpg
57 KB, 447x581
>>8824184
>>8824252
I have these red shoes from Bodyline but I'm not sure if they'd work!

I tried looking for white/gold tights but couldn't find any. (Saw plenty of black/gold ones though.) I may just try to look for cute white socks instead. Thank you so much for your help!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 116

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.