[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feminine Butt and Hips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
I do mostly female crossplays and I was wondering how to get that feminine lower half. I'm basically a stick, so I was wondering if there's anything I can do, either working out or buying some kind of prosthetic, to get that feminine look.
>>
>>8787030
What you gotta do is look up drag queen hip/butt pad tutorials.

You can also buy underwear with butt and hip padding in them so look that up.
Google and YouTube are your friends here anon. Good luck.
>>
My friend likes to crossplay quite often, and we were going to A-kon this past year and couldn't get hold of any of the foam or anything usually used to construct convincingly fishy hips, so we went down to goodwill and got him four pairs of skin-tone tights and a bag of polyfil. Two pairs of tights on the body, then start stuffing the hips and butt (calves, too, if you're aiming for that really endearingly soft leg-shape) until the stuffing is just slightly larger than you want the end result. Put on the other teo pairs to smooth everything out, and just kind of squish and reshape things as needed. Throw on some panties over the tights to hode the seams and you're golden.
>>
^ I forgot to mention, the stuffing should not be directly on the skin as it can irritate. If you do this many layers, you can actually slip yourself out of the whole construct afterward and keep a pair of already constructed legs for future use.
>>
>>8787056
This sounds like a horrible idea.

OP, don't listen to this idiot.
>>
>>8787043
basically this. do padding and dance tights on top. also, squats help build muscle in the butt/thigh region.
>>
>>8787043
>>8787289
thanks crew
>>
>>8787058
Multiple layers will also help smooth out the padding and make it more realistic looking.

-Translucent tights
-Padding
-Spanx
-Body shaper into the torso area

This is how most drag queens and a lot of crossplayers layer.
>>
>>8787030
gain weight
>>
You should also look into getting a corset, because it will give you a better hourglass shape + Hip/butt pads. That is, unless you're wearing something that doesn't cover your stomach.
>>
>>8787030
Do leg exercises and eat lots of protein.
>>
I wonder if getting small breast implants would be going too far
>>
>>8790796
I think you're looking for transition help at that point, but hey, /lgbt/ is also probably a good place for advice on passing.
>>
>>8790796
Definitely too much if you intend to just do it for crossplay. Abit of padding and stuffing can go a long way into creating a good illusion of boobs and hips if you get used to it
>>
>>8791271
>>8791267
They just seem nice to have, but I guess women have to put up with penis envy too so it's fair in the end
>>
File: Picture 24.jpg (366 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Picture 24.jpg
366 KB, 1600x1200
>>8790796
It's up to you, I did a Teto crossplay and used some small breast pads and bra for boobs.

Wasn't trying to pass though.
>>
>>8790796
If you're not trans, that's too much... I mean, what if you wanted to go swimming without a shirt? Just wear a bra with inserts. Much cheaper, and you can actually take it off..
>>
>>8792340
Shame though. If you did something about the facial hair and bothered with makeup I don't think you'd look bad
>>
>>8791300
I really don't think the average woman has penis envy.
>>
>>8793486
Freud was a quack, and almost all of his ideas are now discredited. So no, penis envy is not a thing your average woman has.
>>
>>8793534
womb envy is real though
>>
>>8792497
I actually shaved later that night and added a Teto plushie to my costume for reference.

Also I have no idea how to apply makeup and I feel strange buying a whole bunch for something I rarely do
>>
>>8794090
Well clearly the solution is to do it more often to make your investment worth it
>>
>>8794090
>>8795877
They also (seemingly?) last a fairly long while so it's not like you need to worry too much about using them so quickly.

It all depends though on how often you'd use it I guess.
>>
File: Picture 31.jpg (319 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Picture 31.jpg
319 KB, 1600x1200
>>8795877
>>8795911
Well, this is probably my 3rd or 4th ever cosplay, and the first one where I actually put a decent amount of effort in, and the first crossplay.

I think I would just feel weird with makeup on, and I'm not sure if it would actually make it look any better. I think I'm just scared or nervous and need encouragement or something.

Maybe I'll try it the next time, I'm planning on Teto again for Miku Expo soon.
>>
File: foo.jpg (60 KB, 812x441) Image search: [Google]
foo.jpg
60 KB, 812x441
>>8796772
>I'm not sure if it would actually make it look any better
Yes, it would. Unless you just screw it up, of course. Pic related is me without and with makeup, respectively (without any posing, as you can clearly seeā€¦).
Most characters are generally not shown wearing makeup, but putting on makeup (even so much that it actually becomes apparent that you are wearing makeup) makes you look more female. Not wearing any makeup looks pretty male.
There are several tradeoffs of this kind in crossplay, where you have to decide whether you want to look actually like the character or more like a woman. Since the characters are 2D and nobody can ever actually look like them (e.g. have a perfect skin without using any makeup), the latter is what I usually strive for.
(For instance, I'm actually wearing fake eyelashes while crossplaying Madoka; that's so far off of what Madoka would do, but it just looks much more female.)
>>
>>8796810
Wow, I guess it really does look better.

Are you wearing contacts in that picture?

I'm not trying to pass as a woman/trap really, I just want to look more like the character.
>>
>>8787030
Just tailor the costume to give the illusion that you have a body shape. I am also like a plank of wood trust me. For full costumes you can make the torso very tight, hips looser. Make skirts as short as you can. Corsets for your torso. Make socks tighter than they need to be so you get that slight bulge of flabby skin. Pose with your shoulders back and hips crocked etc etc
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451988080636.jpg (121 KB, 1262x1260) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451988080636.jpg
121 KB, 1262x1260
>>8796810
Good job. It looks great! I think you might want to use a small brush to give yourself fuller lips with a darker lipstain.

>>8796827
Who happens to be a woman so...

>>8797194
This. It is abit technically challenging but solid suggestiins here.

Also selfposting to show after makeup. Not the difference abit of contouring dies for your face shale
>>
>>8797470
Christ what happened to spelling.
>>
>>8797470
Well shit. You're right.

Guess I should look into it.

Any decent advice or guides for a total makeup newbie?
>>
>>8797547
Thing about makeup is practice practice practice. Get a few youtubers to follow who can show you a nice variety of makeup styles (SSIN is good for this just off the top of my head) then stock a few basic essentials like concealer, foundation, eyeliner, contouring powder/cream and eyeshadow. Try to do your makeup in a brightly and evenly lit area facing your mirror so you can see the how the shadows and highlights play on your face. Generally match foundation to within 1-2 shades to your skin and blend it out properly with a torn sponge to get an even coat. For mtf makeup emphasize on softening features and you should be fine.
>>
>>8798489
Thanks.

Looks like I've got some homework and research to do.

Are there any brands I should look for or avoid?
>>
>>8799313
Drugstore brands like Revlon are a good place to start for some stuff. I have used their colorstay and photoready series to food effect and i think it is worth the price. For eyeshadows catrice, elf and wet and wild are decent. (Only used catrice though, the next two are by word of mouth)
>>
File: 1449435947279.jpg (112 KB, 1258x389) Image search: [Google]
1449435947279.jpg
112 KB, 1258x389
>>8787030
Gotta put in the effort though.
>>
>>8798489
I looked for SSIN on youtube, do you mean the korean 'beauty artist' or whatever they called themselves? cause I'm only seeing k-pop star stuff and a few basic guides (and I have to admit, I didn't think you could use 4 products just for (seemingly daily) mascara)
>>
>>8801424
That's the one. (The full account name is Ssinnim) Her makeup technique is solid and as a beginner it will not hurt to learn from her videos. Plus some of the looks for her kpop stuff is usable. If your skin isn't as good as hers you should look into starting a skincare regime and in the meantime use concealer abit more liberally, taking care to blend the foundation on your skin abit more carefully to prevent streaking.
>>
>>8801891
>>8801424 here, to clarify I wasn't who you first replied to with the suggestion but I'm a female makeup impaired person; I have a shitty skincare routine and I don't wear makeup daily cause I've never bothered to learn properly. I will look into her videos more tho, thanks
>>
File: 1427611104778.jpg (1 MB, 2857x2829) Image search: [Google]
1427611104778.jpg
1 MB, 2857x2829
>>8792340
Any advice on breast pads? I was thinking of picking up a nubra. Sorry that I don't have much to contribute
>>
File: 1408577143764.jpg (244 KB, 626x1024) Image search: [Google]
1408577143764.jpg
244 KB, 626x1024
>>8802458
I personally just run a size A with inserts I found off Amazon.

Pic related is a guide that was posted before which uses multiple stacked bras. Haven't tried it myself yet.
>>
>>8796810
Holy crap, senpai teach me. That contouring magic.....
>>
>>8802522
Try it it works pretty well. I used it for this >>8797470 and with abit of contouring it looks fine. But it really only works when seen from some angles though cause it is just the illusion of cleavage.
>>
>>8802839
Oh wow, that's pretty impressive.
I don't rock any cosplays with cleavage, but I'll keep it in mind. The different angles thing is a bit worrisome though...
>>
>>8801356
This doesn't really give you feminine hips, just a muscular guy butt
>>
I've wondered for a while now: why are there so many more female than male crossplayers? I actually see more women cosplaying men than cosplaying women.

Is it just a insecure masculinity thing?
>>
>>8802985
I think that is a pretty big thing yeah. Another reason is just that there is security in numbers as well. More females crossplay successfully and that emboldens people to make the leap of faith and do it themselves.

Also, pretty sure it is easier to pad up to a masculine physique than to cut down to a feminine physique. Male features twnd to be angular and require alot more contouring to work with, a skillset not commonly found amongst males
>>
>>8802985
Its easier to do a male cossplay usually as females tend to be more intricate in design so not surprising. Not to mention most crossplays look like gag-cosplays due to non-matching frame.
>>
>>8803011
I don't think the complicated costumes for female characters are really a problem. Male costumes tend to have so little going on that looking good in them becomes a huge challenge cause there are less elements to impress with. As a person who makes costumes I can assure you that all the details in female costumes work to your advantage if you play your cards right.

For example, you can break up the squarish structure of your shoulder using a costume with larger poofy sleeves by altering the shoulder seam, or hide a lacking waist by adding a layer of fabric into the skirt to make it fuller. Lots of small tricks that work wonders when the whole effect comes together
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.