[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Etc. stuff lying around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 12
have black ribbon about 6,3. what should i do with it? (no lolita outfits, sorry)
>>
It takes a lot more than ribbon to make a coord. Literally wtf are you looking for, ribbon is for making bows and trim. I have about 20 spools for making bows and rosettes for my accessories
>>
>>8786860
I feel like I shouldn't have to say this but OP is asking for costumes that need black ribbon in their construction because OP has a surplus of black ribbon. OP specified that they don't want to make use that ribbon for a lolita coord. Although to be fair OP should specify gender/media interests/etc because black ribbon is needed in a lot of outfits so we need something else to go on
>>
>>8786866

Not the anon you replied to, but I was equally confused. Although I do freely admit that I'm not a cosplayer, and therefore think of black ribbons as raw material for anything, instead of something as specific as "what cosplay costumes specifically contain black ribbon".
>>
>>8786904
what am i looking at though
>>
>>8786913
I think it's ribbon braided like how you would make a basket?
>>
>>8786913

A bag made of ribbons.

It's also made of fabric, leather, magnetic straps, but the whole outside is woven ribbons. >>8786904 shows the ribbons being woven, so you can see that it's not a print, it is indeed individual ribbons woven together.
>>
Apparently you can also make starfish out of ribbons and googly eyes, if OP needs black starfishes.
>>
File: flamingohairclip[1].jpg (35 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
flamingohairclip[1].jpg
35 KB, 600x450
If you prefer black flamingoes?
>>
>>8786922
>>8786924
>>8786926
I really like how this thread is turning out, I wouldn't have thought of so many other uses besides sewing it on fabric.
>>
File: 016_original[1].jpg (388 KB, 1888x1263) Image search: [Google]
016_original[1].jpg
388 KB, 1888x1263
>>8786932

apparently you can buy Disney princesses made from ribbons somewhere on storenvy
>>
Im back anyway, SO SORRY FOR BEING SO VAUGE ON POST ):. im a male and i just want to know what acessories i can make with it and other things again very sorry!
>>
>>8786950
acessories for j-fashion and gurokawaii specifically
>>
>>8786954

'scool, I had fun looking at weird ribbon things.

Here's a spider, does that work?
>>
>>8786956
Yesss. Though I dont know where I would put it
>>
>>8786956

If you're into Dolly kei, rosette badges with interesting vintage things stuck on them would suit.
>>
Depending on the quality, drape and width of the ribbon, here's a ruffle collar.

Some of the stiffer ones make nice elizabeth ruffle collars. The really limp and wide ones can become jabot-like ruffles
>>
>>8786960
Do you have any tutorials on how to make the pleats on that piece on the top right?
>>
btw im a guy
>>
File: 0[1].jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0[1].jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>8786959

Put a brooch backing on the back instead of a hairclip and put it anywhere you like.

Have a different ribbon spider. Last post as the Baby sale should be starting.
>>
>>8786966
ok thx, good luck on the Baby sale
>>
>>8786964

Nothing on Baby's site is loading, sigh.

If you search "ribbon rosette how to" you'll come up with lots of tutorials. This is one version, there's another one where the ribbon is pleated and sewn down, then stapled to the backing.
>>
>>8786970
thank you
>>
Posting this one for the lols.
>>
>>8786977
Fuck.
>>
>>8786970
Why does the site say 403 forbidden
Omg

Also hair bows work fine in j-fash other than lolita...
>>
>>8786982
whats the sites name?
>>
>>8786982

I found it via image search. Original site that made that image may have dissappeared and all that's left is whatever I found on wherever, I guess.
>>
>>8786996
oh ok
>>
>>8786970
This looks pretty good, thanks anon.
>>
>>8786970
These things are also known as cockades. I had a lot more luck finding tutorials using that search term.
>>
tie it into a noose and hang yourself with it
>>
>>8794098
not a bad idea
>>
>>8794098
btw, did you know that OP is a guy?
>>
>>8795676
No I didn't, he should have said it five more times!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.