[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wardrobe Quirks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 10
File: 126.jpg (397 KB, 1226x869) Image search: [Google]
126.jpg
397 KB, 1226x869
Everyone's wardrobe usually has an obvious style or styles, such as a wardrobe that's mostly sweet, but what's the thing that makes your wardrobe yours? Is there an unusual running theme in your wardrobe, such as prints with bears on them, certain types of lace, or very specific colours? Do you collect specific accessories or only one type of shoe in different colours?
>>
I only buy red, navy, black and grey dresses, and I stick to a single theme with prints and accessories.
I also have about 20 cardigans right now and keep buying more.
>>
black. my entired wardrobe is shades of black. the only color comes from my OTKs and a few jewelry items.
>>
I originally only wore classic. Now I'm trying out sweet and Gothic and I feel like my coords are getting worse. I have the same pair of MJ's in about 5 or 6 colors :( I tried wearing other shoes (fancy pumps like baby makes) and no one liked it. I want to go back to classic but I'm kind of a contrarian and want to go against all the trends
>>
Having 75% poorfag fare then BAM a handful of coveted prints.
>>
I have mostly oddball prints. Meta's bubble bath, a couple different jellyfish, Hansell and Gretel print, and a couple more. I have maybe one floral and a normal Gothic pipe organ type of thing, but strange prints are what I love. Also, I have a thing for brand socks.
>>
>>8786286
Disregard trends, anon. Whether you go with the flow or against it, trends shouldn't matter, especially not in alternative fashion where you're meant to express yourself even if it goes against what's popular. Just wear what you like. If you like wearing classic, do that, and if the trendy OTT version of classic doesn't appeal to you, stick to the type of classic that does.
Don't make yourself miserable, fashion is meant to be fun.
>>
>>8786295
I'd murder you for that bubble bath print. Just saying.
>>
My wardrobe is probably 75% food prints in either pink or brown. The rest is random stuff, mostly AP and ETC.
I tend to have a soft spot for bears, too, and lately I've really been into JM, ETC, and Beth's cutsew OPs.
I don't like big headbows, so I barely have any; instead I have a lot of hair combs and berets.
I want more socks/tights and cardigans.
>>
>>8786300
Different anon, but keep an eye on LM and some other second hand sites, it's been appearing for sale quite a lot for under retail. I believe in you!
>>
I have a sweet wadrobe dedicated to cold colors (except of two yellow dresses), mostly shades of blue. My goal is to collect as most as bright/royal blue pieces as possible as I love that color.
>>
My wardrobe quirk is that it's really polarizing with gothic and sweet generally. I also have unintentional collections that must be subconscious, like a small cloud print collection, fawn prints, and I'm beginning a navy collection.
>>
>>8786297
It's more that the trend is towards classic and I look super normalfag in my toned down classic compared to all the OTT classic and vintage girls. Wearing sweet actually makes you stand out now lol I just don't have the accessories I need right now
>>
black, black, moitie, gothic and then.. fruit themed prints in black colorways.
>>
I have a little mishmash of solids, prints, and old (pre-2006 back to 2001) pieces, and then about half or more of my wardrobe is tartan and I can't stop buying it, especially if it's old or hard to find.
>>
>>8786300
You don't have to kill for it anon, it comes up for sale pretty regularly.
>>
I have more handmade pieces than I do brand pieces. And I like wearing my handmade pieces more.
>>
>>8786266
I keep all my necklines above the hollow of my neck. I don't buy any dresses that are underbust, bustier, or emphasize breasts in anyways. I try to stay very modest
>>
File: eh.png (565 KB, 900x810) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
565 KB, 900x810
>>8786345
>tfw you have the body of a 10 year old boy and don't have to worry about weird shit like this.
>>
I tend to focus on one colour a year. First came Cream, then All Black Everything for about four years in a row, then the Navy era, followed by a short lived Red phase, then White, and now I'm into Greens. I have a feeling my next thing is going to be Purple.
It's a nightmare trying to assemble decent coords.
>>
I have the odd ball closet st the very least print and colorwise. My sweet is from 2008-12, mostly food prints, i have two nameless poem and all my BL shoes are shoes 300
>>
No OTT in my wardrobe, mostly simple classic. Minimal prints, only full colours and a strong naval theme. I'm in this for the victorian little girl, not the OTT sugarpuke.
>>
File: 91sn32Q.jpg (96 KB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
91sn32Q.jpg
96 KB, 350x265
>>8786371
>>
Florals, florals everywhere. I'm completely obsessed and I can't stop. My wardrobe is mostly sweet/classic. If it's too sweet and can't be coordinated in a classic way I'll pass on it but even so, I have a few very sweet florals that I rarely wear and just bought because they're florals.
>>
>>8786393
me too i'm a sucker for florals. I really want a wardrobe full of different flowers.
>>
I originally started with brand dresses (my very first lolita dress was Innocent World), but lately I have been shifting to more taobao releases. I guess my quirk is none of the dresses I have ever bought have been print dresses. Beside florals, I could never fall in love with print dresses (AP/Baby/Meat) none of them. I find it so weird when people fight over the latest print dress. However, in a way I understand too, because there are a lot of non print dresses I would love to have.
>>
I'm redoing my wardrobe this year. Selling anything that doesn't fit into the overall scheme. My goal is to look like a fairytale witch/evil queen every time I walk out of the house. All black or jeweltones. No gold unless it's antiqued. No bows/ribbons, but copious roses, net/tulle, and varied textures.

Having no issues buying new stuff to fit the theme, but having hell trying to sell things that don't. Does LM allow for batch sales? Because I might lump it all into one big auction lot and let people bid away. Or maybe sell it in coordinate lots.

Failing that, ebay.
>>
>>8786445
LM definitely allows batch sales. Why wouldn't they? I once sold a bunch of socks I ordered from Taobao in one giant lot, as well as a collection of Berry stuff in another.
>>
>>8786463
Cool. Thanks, anon. I don't use LM all that much, so I wasn't sure. I've seen people sell sets, like a dress with socks or a headbow, but not coordinates or lots.
>>
>>8786343
Yes! Are you doing a wardrobe post this year? My whole wardrobe is pretty much all homemade so I just love to see other's work!

I guess my quirk other than Handmade is that I collect vintage hats and accessories.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 300x300
I've been collecting a lot of strange-colored dresses lately. My wardrobe is in shades of teal, green and brown and my goal this year is to own IW's Pomona JSK in yellow, because it's actually one of my more flattering colors. I also have a lot of florals with the odd printed dress.
>>
File: AmaliaJSK-green_0.jpg (24 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
AmaliaJSK-green_0.jpg
24 KB, 250x333
>>8786486
Please buy Amalia in this weirdass green they did, so I can live vicariously through you. I love it, but it in no way fits into my wardrobe.
>>
File: clownmeat.jpg (30 KB, 420x322) Image search: [Google]
clownmeat.jpg
30 KB, 420x322
>>8786444
>meat

Meatamorphose temps de fillet is my favorite brand!
>>
all of my lolita main pieces are varying shades of blue, but my ouji wardrobe is mostly white
>>
i have lots of stained glass/religious motif and astronomical print dresses, mostly in black, navy and wine
about 40% of my wardrobe is aatp, but there's a lot more that i'd like to buy
>>
I only own OTT sweet prints in pink, lavender, mint, yellow, and sax. Every time I open my wardrobe I feel that flutterybubbly magical feeling I would always get seeing OTT sweet wardrobe pictures and snaps in kera that I could only dream of having in real life many years ago. Feels good man.
>>
>>8786350
im not particularly curvy either but I would kill for a beautifully flat chest and no hips
>>
I have a terribly large collection of weird pieces and ugly plaid (probably at least 59+ of just plaid). Ironically, I think I enjoy wearing them more than I enjoy my coveted pieces.
>>
I was originally going for an all black wardrobe, but I somehow ended up with more green than anything. Not even a single shade of green, either; they're all over the spectrum. I also have a single brown underbust dress, which stands way the fuck out.
>>
My wardrobe consists of mainly solids or simple prints like florals as well as a lot of velvet/velvet flocked items but I have a couple prints that stand out a bit more like Iron Gate.
>>
>>8786292
this. Also a mismatch of colours, prints and themes. Mostly classic, but one gothic-ish dress and two sweet dresses.

I'm working on it though; I've decided to expand in a way that will let me mix and match what I have better, and decided to focus on colours like navy, wine, offwhite, beige, and similar shades, browns, and maybe some soft classic pinks.

Also before I ordered a blouse alongside a dress release from taobao (and some bodyline) all of my blouses were thrifted/vintage.
>>
My wardrobe is all over the place. I'm fairly new, so I only have 5 main pieces (I had more, but I wasn't super into them, so I sold them). My main accent color is pink, but my dresses are all different shades, most of my dresses feature food or cosmetics. I don't know why but I'm always drawn to dresses with those type of prints.
>>
Everything is velveteen,it's not even funny anymore.I think I've got a problem.
>>
>>8786593
What do you do in the summer?
>>
>>8786593
You are living my dream anon. My wardrobe is 60% velveteen. May I ask how many dresses you have? Do you have a favourite?

>>8786595
I'm not that anon but I've worn velveteen in the summer.
>>
>>8786595
OP's and JSKs with velveteen elements all the way.But I generally dislike wearing Lolita in the summer.Thank god it doesn't get that hot here.
>>
>>8786444
>>8786495
Haha. My phone must have autocorrected it. I may reconsider buying a print dress if meta had a meat print (and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.)
>>
My body is oddly shaped, I have a long torso and short legs so my wardrobe is full of low waist jsks and high waisted skirts.

I have other items, but they tend to hit me at the ribcage instead of my waist so they're kind of unflattering.
>>
I'm 100% going for a completely forest/fantasy/animal wardrobe, with a few solid pieces, too, to offset the majority of print pieces. I'm talking deer fur prints, woodland animals, forest scenery prints, mushrooms, flowers and antlers. Maybe some fruit prints,but mainly the former motifs, regardless of what color they are, although I'm least attracted to bright pastel colors, aside from mint and lavender.
>>
>>8786632
Deer fur prints? Like ETC's? or are there others?
>>
I have a LOT of secondhand main pieces. I've only bought one main piece firsthand because it's my dream dress, and I knew it was gonna be rare as shit. As for everything else except for blouses, I buy almost completely offbrand. That way, I have more use for those items both in and out of lolita. I only have a few main pieces that doesn't have black as its main color, but I hope to sell those in the future and work on having an all gothic/kuro wardrobe. Someday, I also hope to start buying more main pieces firsthand.
>>
>>8786495
KEK
E
K
>>
My wardrobe is just weird and isn't really that cohesive. I have parts of my wardrobe that I try to have themes for, but altogether it doesn't really go together.

One half of my wardrobe is all black with a lot of it being religious themed dresses, the other half is just random sweet. Of the sweet stuff it's like, half random meta prints and the other stuff is either animal or food related. I definitely want more food related prints - specifically chocolate/desert stuff and fruits. Of the food prints I also really hope to collect stuff that's mint.

I dunno, at first I wanted to have a cohesive wardrobe and even now I'm still a bit bothered by it but at this point I've just said fuck it and buy the things I'm truly interested in. I try to stay away from things that might be so weird it just doesn't go but if that happens then I try to have at least something else.

Currently the major themes in my wardrobe are:
>religious/nun
>animals (cats, pegasus/unicorns)
>food

I have so many other small themes I want to get into lol woops Currently trying to assemble some military pieces. I also really want to get into astronomy and astrological/witchy, forest-y, and christmas-y type of plaid and toy prints (like the stuff AP does like toy march and loyal rosette)
>>
>>8786524
>weird pieces and ugly plaid

talk dirty to me baby
>>
My wardrobe isn't cohesive at all. My only brand is from Meta and one AP print that became my dream dress last year. I'm trying to add more animal prints. I have a few cat pieces, but I want to get some nice dresses with rabbits. I try to dress in a mature sweet way.
>>
File: 047f6b9e.jpg (68 KB, 509x720) Image search: [Google]
047f6b9e.jpg
68 KB, 509x720
>>8786603
Hello fellow velvet anon! I need to admit,there are some non-velveteen pieces on my wishlist too and my wardrobe isn't that big yet.I own 17 OPs,11 JSKs,6 skirts,3 corsets,2 capes,5 boleros and 6 blazers.I love Meta from the bottom of my heart and I wear their Velveteen High Waist Ribbon Pinafore JSK(pic related) the most,but IW's Velveteen Rose Crown Tiered JSK is my dream dress.What about you? What's your favourite?
>>
My wardrobe isn't that weird. Basically everything has to match pink--If it can't look good with pink, it's out.
>>
Themes: birds, chandeliers & candles, navy x red, blues, golds, no silvers, ballet, and my budding Gothic wardrobe concentrates on purple.
>>
My wardrobe is slowly being taken over by sack dress OPs. I have maria's catholic nun, holy cross cutsew op, dreamy girl op.. Everyone hates them so I might as well take them in!
>>
>>8786709
oh, and I'm also really drawn to tacky cross prints lately too. Basically my wardrobe consists of everything that is disliked.
>>
Almost every print I own has a theme of music, literature/fairy tales, or angels. Masquerade Theatre is the jewel of my collection for obvious reasons.
>>
>>8786483
Um, Idk. I've never done one before. Where would I even share this? And I've shared all my work through the sewing groups, so Idk if anyone would care to revisit my wardrobe. I'd like to see other people's handmade wardrobes though. It's the best because everything is new/different/unique.
>>
>>8786736
on EGL, the LiveJournal community that does yearly wardrobe posts in January
>>
Working on collecting prints with crowns on them somewhere. Will be a long road and some dresses I won't be able to get because of price.
>>
>>8786503
Sounds. . . heavenly.
(I'll lead myself outside.)
>>
>>8786744
Oh, I have an account, but never used it. I don't think I've ever really been on EGL, so I didn't know it was still active? Thought everyone migrated to FB groups and Tumblr. Can I find wardrobe posts anywhere else?
>>
All my main pieces are black, I mostly have skirts and ouji stuff, and everything I own with white on it has a rose, playing card, or crown motif.
>>
File: l_neckrosette.jpg (39 KB, 323x285) Image search: [Google]
l_neckrosette.jpg
39 KB, 323x285
>>8786266
My wardrobe is mostly solids, with a few generic patterns like stripes and florals. But for some reason my lack of print-mania in dresses is supplanted with a need for every pair of printed or textured tights that is even remotely loli-able. My sock drawer has to be re-organized at least every other month, because that one pair which is not neatly rolled and tucked into the correct bin, will inevitably set off chaos to the rest of the collection.

Also, I occasionally like to take the scarves and shawls that were gifts from relatives, and put them into my coords. Said relatives may or may not have been thinking of my specific tastes in mind (that one magenta scarf from my grandmother-in-law certainly doesn't match with anything I own, lolita or no), but my relatives seem really happy when they recognize the scarves in the outfits, and for me they seem to make a coord a touch more interesting, or even a bit more grownup? Forgive me if the description sounds special snowflake-y.

I will still select the scarf's color to match the coord (not brave enough to do the "pop of color" technique from regular fashion), and I'll try to fashion it in a way that seems somewhat logical with the substyle: for example, tying a pink scarf into a bow on a bag's handle for a sweet lolita coord, or draping a black shawl over the shoulders for a gothic lolita coord.
>>
I only have a few pieces becayse I've only been wearing lolita for about a year now but so far my wardrobe is all pink and black. I also have a lot of skirts because i kind of prefer them over jsks a lot of the time. and I like buying older brand pieces. Most of my brand is from around 2006 but my oldest piece is from 2004. I also like weird prints but I only have one really weird print so far but I plan on getting more.
>>
>>8786777

I love scarves too. I'm currently looking for more ways to wear them than just tying bows onto things, do you have any other ways to tie them that you particularly like?
>>
>>8786266
I only have three pieces that don't feature torchon lace. Even my socks and wristcuffs have it. My wardrobe is a mess of colours but the only consistency is torchon lace.

I don't know how I got here, I tried to get some more modern laces but I can't take shiny tulle lace.
>>
>>8786266
Black, black, and more black. You'd think matching things would be easy, but no...
>>
>>8786277
This sounds like my work wardrobe. Especially the cardigans. I'm out of room.
>>
lots of oldschool pieces with black as my main color, with one pink OP and a few reds. I barely buy anything popular, and when I try to sell, it's a pain in the ass to get rid of.
>>
Ruffles/layers/tiered dresses. I absolutely love them, and bustles too. Also if a piece is velvet then i'm probably all over it.
>>
>>8786316
>fruit themed prints in black colorways
What are thooose?
>>
COOKIES My wardrobe is mostly classic and I try to keep to solids but I can't help myself from getting cookie and biscuit prints. Pretty much all my sweet stuff has cookies on them.
>>
>>8786908
I feel this, anon. It's pure coincidence for me, I just mostly like older pieces, but torchon lace is the best.
>>
>>8786908
Same! I hate the frothy look of it. Torchon lace looks so much more substantial with the cotton. Tulle lace just reminds me of taobao.
>>
>>8786307
I plan to do that. Usually as "normal" wardrobe what i have is black, gothic or not, but i need to separate sweet from gothic to be more organized. I have just pastel vomit prints in black colourways.
I'm planning to expand my tiny wardrobe with plain/old school items for gothic and the odd sweet-gothic print, for sweet buying red or pink pieces. My favourite print themes are toys, bunnies, bears, cats, strawberries and cherries. For gothic i like plain or cross appliques, bats. I dislike most of the gothic prints, i'm more into old school or Moitie style gothic. I love gothic prints only when they are sweet themed like Royal Princess Alice's Sweet Grave.
My main colors will be only black, red (bright and wine) and pink, i want to stick into these colors also in my casual wardrobe that consist of larme or otome items, i'm tired of normalfag or mallgoth clothing. I bought bunny and heart themed sweaters, cherry items... same themes for lolita and non lolita, i love cohesive colors and themes.
I also bought just pink or red, sometimes black daily items like makeup case or storage boxes, My Melody or Korilakkuma shit, because i love pastel stuff but there is too little creepy cute items in black, for this i stick only to pastels.
I'm obsessed with polkadots in everything and tartan sometimes.
>>8786350
You are lucky anon!I'm not that big hopefully (almost flat chest, small arms and height, but my damn thighs and ass are an issue sometimes) but my lower part is a problem for asian tights or no shirring items. I'm not even fat...
>>8786316
We are on the same boat anon, the difference is i love toys prints as well. My tastes in gothic and sweet are too contrasting.
>>
My wardrobe is really colorful. I don't stick to any specific colors and tend to play up color a lot in coordinates whether it's simple classic or OTT sweet. I think the most colors I've worked with in a coordinate was probably about 4, tricky when you're trying to balance it out evenly and not make it look shoehorned in.

My main pieces are in order of their color and I have shoes, bags and blouses in most colors. The only thing I'm really missing now is yellow and more jewel tones.
>>
File: howtowearscarve2.jpg (75 KB, 596x604) Image search: [Google]
howtowearscarve2.jpg
75 KB, 596x604
>>8786906
There are also some fun braid-like knots like this one that can look nice with classic outfits. And the rosette in
>>8786777
is good if you have an open neckline. I like the "waterfall" drape when it's chilly out and I want an extra layer around my neck and chest.

Generally I reserve "modern" knots to gothic and classic, and "ribbon" ties to sweet, but these rules aren't set in stone. There are more scarf knots online than I can keep track of, so I recommend you just browse, chose maybe one or two knots you really are in love with, and do the tutorials. Have fun experimenting!
>>
File: slightydarkerblack.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
slightydarkerblack.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>>8786916
I know, right? Each shop and factory will manage to have their blacks look different. And all-black items will fade and wear out at different speeds as well. Not to mention there is technology being developed to make even darker blacks in fabric: http://mashable.com/2015/11/18/blacker-than-black-clothes/#C_7kQhmhFaqV

I tried breaking my black habit by buying a LemairexUniqlo collab skirt that was marked navy, but it's so dark that it's nearly black. It's nice quality, but there's always that silly voice at the back of my head saying "someone who knows this collab may notice, you know."

And it took me forever to decide whether to buy the IW Circular Corset JSK in black, or in the black stripe (black, with white stripes so thin that the JSK looks charcoal at a distance). Went with the black stripe, and felt it was a small victory.
>>
I have a clear split in my wardrobe, that's one half sweet and one half nautical. I find it aesthetically pleasing because one half varying shades of pastel pink and white and the other half is ivory, navy, black, and sax.
I think this happened because I fell in love with lolita for OTT sweet, but as I progressed, I fell in love with dresses that weren't my style but bought them anyways. That side of my wardrobe is less cohesive but I'm making it work.

Some quirks are that all my brand dresses except two are pre-2011 because I'm not a fan of AP's newer releases. I love BTSSB and AatP new releases but I'm a poorfag and just buy the older ones. I also like old school but only in pink and white, though I'm thinking about making a dress in sax. All of my prints are pirates, mermaids, cats, tea, or sweets related. I almost hung myself over losing the AatP LP this year. I'd like to see them do an ornate Moby Dick print!

What substyle would you classify AatP's less gothic prints? Like melty mermaid or sheherazade. I'm hesitant to say "classic" because I think of VM and MM when people say that. Not that it really matters.
>>
>>8786489
Depends on how cheap, Amalia anon! I've spent so much this month already, but the details on that dress are amazing!
>>
>>8786495
I just burst into tears, thank you anon
>>
>>8786266
Nothing is particularly sought after and I have only two branded prints, one from a lucky pack and the other AP.
>>
>>8787227
The black pinstripe is so much nicer in person. I wasn't keen on the back straps in the photos but fell in love when I saw it in person. Simple yet gorgeous.
>>
A common pattern in my closet is black x purple color ways and butterfly prints. A quirky thing is my closet has a variety of styles. Lolita, EGA, street punk (think algonquins and putumayo), gothic casual from bpn, and h.blood.
>>
my wardrobe concept is to build a classical wardrobe with no 1) browns or the weird taupe/yellow beige colour 2) pure floral prints.

what end up happening is I end up with a bunch of object prints, violins, spoons, jars etc.

recently i've learned to love sack dresses, they make my body look so nice since i'm a literal stick.
>>
>>8786642
Anon are you me? I have only bought one sought after dress new from the brand and i felt my wallet dried up since it's more expensive than regular dresses to begin with. I'm planning all sorts of coords for that dress so i get my money's worth
>>
>>8786371
>>8786942
>>8786916
>>8786593
This is me pretty much, I'm a sucker for old school solid black velvet pieces, I just bought another tonight, about 90% of my pieces are black velvet and at first I was a little worried as it was quickly taking over, but it is what it is. I have a few wine and navy pieces, and then a few florals. I have zero interest in prints or pretty much 98% of new releases, they just doesn't excite me in the same way. I bought one new piece this year and that was iw's circular corset which has a great silhouette. I like being on the cusp of practical and wearable, not drawing crazy amounts of attention, but just enough by simply dressing in a unique interesting way, that's kinda what I feel all black pieces allow.
>>
Cat prints! Just lost an auction on one of my fave old Meta cat prints :(. My wardrobe is about 50% cats right now, but I always wear a cat themed accessory, even if it is something small like earrings. I am a daily lolita, so I have a lot of solids/toned down IW pieces to wear as well.
>>
>>8788322
Anon, was it the cat door JSK?
>>
I'm pretty much exclusively non-print with exception to two jsks that have velveteen print on them (VM shantung cross, and the baby jsk with the ballerinas), one embroidered jsk, and two AP dresses(Royal Unicorn, and sweet girl room)

It's also a lot of black, I really love all of my dresses but definitely need to start putting my money out for blouses, shoes, and acessories
>>
Most of my wardrobe is handmade, and most of that is floral prints. I guess that isn't terribly interesting though.
>>
Hmmm... the lolita pieces in my wardrobe aren't especially 'unique' I think (although I'm quite happy with them). If anything makes my outfits unique, it might be the vintage hats and jewelry I sometimes wear- I don't have a ton, but from my collector mother's influence I have some nice antique brooches and rings, and I have a few nice hats and other little pieces I've picked up. I really like seeing unique vintage or handmade accessories in anyone's coords.

>>8786593
I'm starting to have this problem, but I've forced myself to stop buying it. Even though I DO live in a place that gets snowy winter, I have so much of my wardrobe I can't wear in summer-warm fall months that it isn't economical... So many velveteen wishlist pieces, though.
>>
>>8788927
I love both handmade and floral... are you doing a wardrobe post this year?
>>
>>8789469
I might! If I do, it will be my first wardrobe post. I'll probably just do the handmade stuff since the rest is Bodyline pieces people have seen a million times, and my blouses/accessories/bags are just offbrand finds. It will be weird though since half my wardrobe is at home and the other half is in my apartment back in the city.
>>
>>8787429
Black x purple butterflies makes me think of all the gothic/punk brands - BPN, Naoto and Putumayo. Do you have a lot of their more lolita stuff or just the street/gothic/punk?

>>8786305
That sounds really interesting - are you doing a wardrobe post?
>>
>>8788374
yeah, actually! I've seen it pop up in other colors a few times though so I'm pretty sure the black will come up again. I also really want IW classical cat jsk
>>
> mainly black wardrobe with gold accents in main pieces
> somehow has almost all-silver jewelry collection
> how
>>
Almost my whole wardrobe is Lief.
>>
I don't strictly wear lolita, but amongst all j-fashions and normiewear, I have two wardrobes.

>Black, white, navy and red.
>Black, white, pale pink and teal.

Every single article of clothing falls into these categories, and only 'basics' are black or white.
>>
I collect cat and leopard prints. I own a lot of both. I'm trying to find every piece from Meta's Heart Leopard series and Leopard series (which features the same cat with the scarf from Heart Leopard). I've been pretty successful so far. I have around 10 pieces from the 2 series and the most I've paid is $80 for one of the letter jackets. I have the pink and black letter jackets and I constantly get asked about where they were from by normies. I had one lady last year literally chase me down the mall to ask about where I bought the pink one from.

Beyond cat and leopard, I also own a lot of navy. I have had to make an effort lately to buy other colors. I expanded into reds and greens this past year. I still bought more navy.
>>
>>8786657
>wardrobe isn't that big yet
bitch it sounds pretty big

as for me, all my main pieces have red on them or are red aside from two oddballs. it's my favorite colour, I can't help but choose to buy it most
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.