[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Texas Anime Conventions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 900x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 900x637
Discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly.
I'm particularly interested in highly recommended conventions for the summer time
>>
File: image.jpg (328 KB, 1110x1676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
328 KB, 1110x1676
>>
File: image.jpg (413 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
413 KB, 1200x1600
>>
File: image.jpg (285 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285 KB, 800x600
>>
File: 1437533831966.gif (3 MB, 536x520) Image search: [Google]
1437533831966.gif
3 MB, 536x520
j don't give a fuck about the AM drama, it's a con that I won't have to book a hotel for (~40 mins away) and it's still pretty big. a little pissed tickets suddenly jumped to $65, i thought i was watching the price but whoops

also for anyone that doesn't know, Mini-Mini Con is free. It's only a day, but it's in San Antonio at the Wonderland of the Americas Mall and looks pretty neat. Might just drive, spend the night, go home next day, but at least it's free.
>>
i might actually be able to get time off in this upcoming year, so what would be a fun and decent first convention for an Austinite who doesn't mind driving to attend? I just never had the time and now that I might I want to plan it all out in advance.
>>
>>8782934
The good? It's Texas, you don't get "good"
>>
>>8782937

Stop shitposting
>>
File: 60017933.jpg (54 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
60017933.jpg
54 KB, 600x400
>>8783501

follow >>8783502
>>
>>8783514
Oh no, someone hurt your sensitive feelings? Oh darn
>>
Can we stop being a bunch of babies before this gets out of hand with shit posts and actually discuss
>>
>>8783638
then get a discussion going! what cons are you attending this year?
>>
>>8783665
Otakon, hopefully. I'd have to fly back home and hope for time off, but hey- worth it. How about yourself?
>>
File: 1449054161876.jpg (34 KB, 600x942) Image search: [Google]
1449054161876.jpg
34 KB, 600x942
>>8783635
no, you're just clogging up the Texas thread. don't like Texas, don't post.
>>
>>8783486
San Japan. It's an hour and a half from Austin and one of the better options.
>>
Going to Ikki for the first time. Probably just going to drink and mingle the whole time because I couldn't care less about the programming. Interested in PAX South; a couple friends went last year and said they had a really good time, especially at the pub crawl

>>8783671
How about keeping the thread on topic while generating a discussion and tall about Texas cons.
>>
>>8783848
I mean I could have just lied or not answered. That said, got a group of friends together for San Japan so that's nice
>>
A-kon is the biggest one, but other than to see good cosplay, it's objectively not fun. I get absolutely smashed at A-kon with old friends and that's about it.

Matsuri used to be fun, then it got expensive, then it moved to the huge ads George r Brown (or whatever the name is). Its still fun, has good cosplay and alright panels, but it just feels so empty and expensive.

Onicon is pretty dank for the money,hotels are cheap because Galveston is a shithole, never any lines for panels, 18+ panels are usually very lax guests tell crazy stories because no one feels the big con pressure to maintain good public image.

A-fest is fairly fun but only for the nostalgia, we used to get caught underage drinking there almost every year, and every year we would just run over to the plaza of the Americas and finish the alcohol before going back to the con we were "banned from"

San Japan is your average con
>>
>>8790315

I think A-Kon and the other larger cons are what you make it. I always have a blast at panels if you check out the right ones. Tons of people, but never had a bad time.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.