[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confession thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
New confession thread!
Beginning right away

>i look down upon girls only wearing lolita at cons and meetups they just aren't lolita to me. Same with girls with like three bodyline outfits in their wardrobe claiming to be lolita

I wear lolita nearly everyday. I am not saying everyone should dress lolita 24/h but nit just for cons and meetups.
Also meetups are mainly to show off and it's like a contest to who has the most brand and who's the prettiest and shit. So i'm a lone lolita. I might sound like a speshul snowflak meen elitist but i don't care.

Also
>no blouse is "ita"
But i only use ita when it really hurts my eyes so i'm gonna say it's just not lolita to me. I don't care if it's hot as hell. It's not lolita if your shoulders are not covered, there are super light blouses. I have seen australian lolitas always wearing a blouse in summer so no excuse. Or just don't wear lolita. I am kinda more forgiving on knees, as girls cant control that they are tall you know. But if i see past your knees and the beginning of your thighs it's not lolita and you should invest in a underskirt.
>>
I guess you've never been to a meetup before but my comm is super tight knit and meetups for us are pretty much 'let's go do xyz thing together'
Not everyone has the luxury of being able to wear lolita all the time.
I go out when I can with my lolita friends and I don't think there's anything to look down on for that? Stop being so stuck up lmao.
>>
>>8782792
Holy shit anon are you me? I mean, I'm not a rorita but only because just buying a few outfits to show off at rori events seems unnecessary. Unless I'd take the plunge and switch out my entire wardrobe and lifestyle it just seems the same as any other elaborate costume. Just not worth it.
>>
>>8782797
I think OP is talking about people who have a few OTT coords at their disposal that they wear to conventions and other special events (I could be wrong though); if that's the case I can see where they're coming from. When people plan coords months in advance, buy a whole bunch of items that match individual dresses (so they have a few outfits rather than a complete wardrobe), and dress up only for special occasions, it makes the fashion seem more like a costume or fancy dress rather than an actual street fashion which I feel misses the point of lolita entirely.
Obviously people can do what they want and wear the clothes how they want and when they want, it's their money and their life, but at its core lolita is meant to be worn daily just like any other alternative fashion style (impractical though it may be), and personally I do feel a bit sad to see it being treated as con wear.
>>
>>8782792
I don't see the goddamn fuss, just let people wear it as they like as long as they stick to the rules on appearance and modesty. You wouldn't even know unless they told you that they only wear it on occasion. I wouldn't wear my graduation dress to school every day either, it's not a costume to me but it's simply impractical
I'm the kind of person who alternates between extremes of hyperfemininity and looking completely androgynous. I pretty much hate pantyhose/stockings and I usually feel uncomfortable in blouses. I could probably never be a daily lolita, but you fucking bet that sometimes I will put on a frilly dress to just play video games or something.
Basically just don't fucking judge people based on how often they want to wear frills, there's often other factors in play and it's just kinda dumb/borderline elitist to me. Good for you if you're daily/lifestyle, some people just can't or even don't want to.
>>
>>8782792
>Also meetups are mainly to show off and it's like a contest to who has the most brand and who's the prettiest and shit.

it sounds like you've never actually been to a meet up and you do sound like a stuck up snowflake to be honest.

the idea of "being a lolita" is so silly to me. It's clothes. It's just a fashion you wear. if you can wear it every day, great, if you only wear it for certain occasions, that's fine too. you're not ~more lolita~ than someone who wears it less often or someone who only has bodyline, assuming they wear it well.
>>
>>8782828
I agree so much, why do people care when others wear their clothes? Someone might only get a few chances a year to wear lolita and when they do they want to go all out. Someone else might not like OTT and only wear old school every day. It's all good, do what you want, they're your clothes for god's sake.
>>
Really fat people shouldn't wear Lolita, and need to stop getting asspats for their shit-tier custom size replicas and bedsheet dresses. This shit would never fly a few years back. My comm is filling up with fatties and group photos are painful.
>>
As silly as it may sound I find that lolitas who cut their hair "hime" style are making some sort of commitment to Lolita fashion and I tend to admire them more than those ones wearing wigs.
>>
>>8782841
But you'll look better by comparison.
>>
>>8782876
True, but I'd like the girls in my comm to look the best they can be, too.
>>
>>8782841
Agreed. Super fat people can barely get a semblance of the right silhouette because their bodies are so massive that the shape is lost. It's disgusting.
>>
I call my brother 'onii-chain' in public.
>>
>>8782923
*chan gdi
>>
OP you fucking walnut, the other thread isn't even saging

I report people with obviously fake names to facebook.
using a middle initial instead of spelling the name out? sure, fine. is the name something believable? alright. is your last name Desu or Sugoi or Strawberrycupcake? bitch you're getting reported. it's probably leftover saltiness from back when facebook closed my account for not spelling out my middle name. bonus points if the person is a massive weeb or an ita.
I know it's worked at least once, with some girl who had her name as carroticecream Gumi or something like that, I laughed after that shit

also, I've started using cgl terms in real life with close weeby friends and I stole 'walnut' as an insult from someone on here so sorry, you fabulous gull
>>
>>8782975
You're a salty cunt and a bitch, congrats.
>>
>>8782975
Thanks for the inspiration anon. There's a stuck-up bitch I know who throws temper tantrums whenever she doesn't get her way and is using a fake name on Facebook. Reported that shit.
>>
>>8782989
thanks anon, I was looking for people to act as my moral compass on cgl
either that or you're salty because you're scared your facebook will be shut down because your name is something along the lines of desu no pico

>>8782991
those are some of the best ones to report. you're welcome anon, glad I could help out.
>>
>>8782819 #
We do reserve the right to an opinion and to be honest, I can't really help it. You'd have to be a complete brain dead moron to not have any opinions on others. Anyway, I put a lot of work in to my wardrobe and my style in general. People who only wear it sometimes are just not on my level...but IS fine, you don't HAVE to be.
>>
>>8782975
I always report fake names, especially in Lolita groups when they're using names like Sparkle Princess Kawaii Usagi.
>>
>>8783012
It's not a fucking competition there are not "levels" it is clothes holy shit. You are the problem with this fashion
>>
>>8783012

>complete

If you're going to be a fucking elitist at least spell the goddamn words of the language you're writing in right.

My god you think you're on a level higher than anyone else and you can't even communicate that properly.
>>
>>8782998
>I was looking for people to act as my moral compass on cgl
I'm fucking dying holy shit, can you imagine what happens to people that actually do? Oh wait, they become >>8783012
>>
>>8783044
Cry moar cosplay lolita
>>
>>8783050
LMFAO How the fuck do *you* spell complete?

Anon you're salty as fuck, you're grasping at straws for an argument but wierdly the argument falls flat because the word is spelled right.

Double check before correcting someone's spelling salty chan.
>>
>>8783091
Now, if we want to go full out Grammar Nazi, >>8783012 should have used "completely" because modifying the adjective "brain-dead" must be done with an adverb. But for shame, >>8783050, "but IS fine" was a much easier target.
>>
>>8782841
This begs the question, though, how fat is too fat, and who gets to decide?
>>
>>8783054
the best part is that was a reply to me as well, haha

related extra confession: sometimes I change my typing style on here a little bit so other seagulls wouldn't think I'm one of those annoying people who has an opinion on everything
>>
>>8783091

I find it fucking hilarious when people have a tenuous grasp on communication that's all.

And while >>8783094's little grammar nazi rampage is nice, I don't really care. There should be fucking basic words you should spell right even if English is a second language. If I were writing a post in my second language for instance, I always check on google translate just to be sure. Spelling of certain basic words should be fucking bare minimum, I couldn't give a shit about grammar and sentence structure because who are we kidding on this board? But misspelling complete? That's sort of egregious.

And being elitist about wearing Lolita everyday vs not shows just how out of touch one is with the world anyways. But she can go ahead and think that, I suppose.
>>
>>8783107
literally everyone does that
>>
>>8783110
But they spelled it correctly in the first place? You need to calm the fuck down anon, stop trying so hard to be better than other people. You must be intolerable to be around at meets.
>>
>>8783114

Ah shit, I have no fucking clue why I read 'compleat' than 'complete.'

I'll show myself out. I'm bored and I'm fucking horny, so I'm extra salty today. Sorry about that guys.
>>
>>8783110
This shit right here is why I keep coming back to 4chan
>>
File: 1382337217779.jpg (352 KB, 1053x1070) Image search: [Google]
1382337217779.jpg
352 KB, 1053x1070
>>8783120
thanks for finally listening. I looked up this reaction image for you so it'd be a shame if it went to waste.

>>8783112
thanks for reassuring me that I'm not as much of an autist as I sometimes feel
>>
>>8783105
If you look squeezed into brand.
>>
>>8783105
This is going to depend entirely on opinions and it will differ a lot from person to person. In my opinion, someone is too fat when they can't fit into 2XL from any brand/Bodyline and stretch the shirring to its max or have to take the dress to a tailor to let it out. You have to remember that tall lolitas will be built proportionally, so their waists won't fit into brands like Mary Magdalene. So I'm fine with 2XL dresses being sold so tall lolis can feel kawaii desu like the rest of us. But once you can't even squeeze yourself into an 2XL from Bodyline there is a serious problem.
>>
>>8782861
I cut my hair into hime style specifically to have hair easier to style for lolita. I love it though and it suits my face.
>>
>>8783083
lmao what? Not thinking fashion needs to be a constant competition makes someone a cosplay Lolita? Sorry to disappoint you, but I do wear it more often than just meets and cons. I just don't think I'm better than people who don't. nice try though.
>>
>>8783153
Me too Anon! I'm actually proud of my commitment to the fashion. It just sucked funding a hair stylist that would understand what I wanted even if I was very clear. Most would make my bangs round at the top.
>>
>>8783132
Doesn't Bodyline sizing vary wildly though?
>>
>>8783154
Sure you do cosplay chan
>>
File: 1426066768704.gif (968 KB, 387x218) Image search: [Google]
1426066768704.gif
968 KB, 387x218
>>8783162
It took me forever to find a stylist brave enough to try it, but I took in a ton of pictures and she did a great job. Since I moved I found a new stylist to keep it up so I can look cute in lolita all the time.
>>
>>8783173
For the sake of the argument I'll say the largest group of 2 XLs from Bodyline. Basically if you can't find a single Bodyline item that fits you, you're either a 7' Amazon or your weight is out of control.
>>
File: 590.png (345 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
590.png
345 KB, 640x480
>ITT disgusting bitches and salty cunts
>>
>>8782792
I feel the same way, OP. As someone who genuinely treats it like a fashion and not a costume, I think people who only wear lolita to cons are holding the fashion back.
>>
>>8782861
I have my hair cut like this, although I didn't do it specifically for wearing lolita. I just think it's cute as heck.
>>
>>8783187
Fair enough, those girls can usually fit some of the more generously shirred brand pieces anyway. Now if they weren't all budget itas with no idea what they're doing.
>>
I would love to wear the fashion daily, but I don't have a large enough wardrobe nor do I work somewhere where it would be practical to wear even a casual coordinate. I can understand people who only wear lolita for meet ups and special events (cons, tea parties, etc.) though, because it's a luxury fashion. Some people can afford a large wardrobe or have been gathering pieces for years. For those who are newer or perhaps rely on accessories to mix up their smaller wardrobes, it's a little different. Everyone documents everything these days. Most people don't really care about "outfit repeating" but since people on here are so salty, I could see why someone might not want to wear the same dress 2x or more a month for the sake of being a "lifestyle lolita."
>>
>>8783174
are you just going to keep saying that or are you actually going to explain why thinking lolita isn't a competition means that I only wear it to cons because I would actually like the know the reasoning behind your claim
>>
>>8783251
Hardly any alt person can get away with wearing alt fashion to work. Lolita isn't really appropriate work wear and we are all sane enough to understand that. Most daily lolitas just wear it on their time off from work. And everyone understands not having the wardrobe to wear it often because you are just beginning etc. Repeatedly wearing any garment is really really common amongst daily wearers, (which shouldn't be confused with lifestyle lolitas, that's a whole different monster) specially those with a smaller wardrobe, I'm not sure where you're even getting the idea that we don't do that.

Tl;Dr you're really really full of misconceptions.
>>
>>8783286
You're being trolled you moron.

>>8783290
>which shouldn't be confused with lifestyle lolitas, that's a whole different monster

Yes! I wear lolita as a fashion and I guess you could say I'm in to a lot of "lolita" things (whatever the fuck that means) but I like these things on their own and not because I belive they make me more lolita or anything of the sort.

As a daily wearer of the fashion I really recent being equated to the lifestyle lolitas. They always strike me as special snowflake idealist try hards.

Daily wearer ≠ lifestyle lolita please, and thank you.
>>
>>8783174
different anon, but competitions are usually for costumes, not (everyday) clothing. if anyone's a cosplayer, it's you.
>>
>>8783322
Nobody really takes people who only dress alt sometimes seriously. Goths, punk, metal heads all have the same attitude. Is not about competition is about the fact that you are not as dedicated as they are. Lolita's are the only ones welcoming this sort of "lolita sometimes" idea, that every other sub Coulter shuns and IMO it's what's ruining the fashion and keeps it from being taken seriously as an alternative fashion.
>>
>>8783334
*culture.
Idk wtf happened with auto correct.
>>
>>8783334
Hardly any japanese street/alt fashion is an all or nothing ordeal, though, and lolita originated there.
>>
>Be me
>order a lolita item from a seller internationally
>no communication, asking for tracking number, no idea when shipped
>waits 4 weeks, files paypal claim
>next day it arrives
>there's no tracking, over charged on shipping
>goes through with claim anyway
>get money back
>finally receive message about her raging over the package
>bye bitch
>>
>>8783286
>>8783322

Just ignore them, anons; if they aren't trolling they're just a salty idiot

my confession: I'm a little chubby and I don't mind fatter girls in lolita cause they make me feel better about myself.
>>
>>8783334
Lol what are you on about? What keeps it from being taken seriously as an alt fashion is that people associate it with sissies/ddlg/ageplay and living dolls and shit. It's not taken seriously as an alt fashion because it's poofy and frilly and many sweet prints look like they're meant for children's dresses. And this is coming from someone who wears the fashion.
>>
There is a girl in my comm who is such a special snowflake ita and she doesn't even know it.
She's getting on my nerves for nothing other than the fact she is a mess and doesn't understand it. It doesn't effect me personally so I really shouldn't even care, but I cant seem to help it, petty I know.

She is always promoting her cabaret show on FB, and it just makes me cringe. All her promo images are black and red goffic ita trash, probably because of her obsession with Harley Quinn. Her outfits look like a cross between Emily Autumn and Amy Lee.
I feel bad for her, but her cringworthy style is so off-putting. I haven't heard her sing, but she has won a few small competitions and had a small show at a bar, I assume that means she is decent.
I understand she's using it to stand out from the crowd, but it is possible to dress differently and still dress well.
Her lolita outfits aren't too bad, questionable styling and cheap split wigs, but it stands out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the comm who is known for dressing well.
I've never seen her cosplay anything other than Harley Quinn or HQ crossovers - recently Slave Leia. Her face paint is always splotchy and horrible, not to mention her inaccurate costumes.

I'm well aware I hold myself to a really high standard, and make a conscious effort not to judge others to the standard I would myself. But this girl and her complete lack of awareness to how much of a mess she looks in all aspects, makes me irrationally angry and face palm so hard.
>>
>>8783344
I'm not Japanese nor do I live there so what they do is really irrelevant to me to be honest. I like the fashion, I don't care about Japan or even other Japanese fashions (imagine my annoyance at this board)
>>
>>8783334
I'm a little confused by this post because I don't think normies take any alt fashion seriously. wearing it every day or not is irrelevant. What's keeping Lolita from becoming as well known as other alt. fashions is everything >>8783354 said, it has nothing to do with only wearing it sometimes
>>
>>8783344
>>8783334
>>8783357
I think you two have really hit the nail on the head and summerized why some people who wear it often look down on those who don't.

It all boils down to some approaching this fashion with a very "western" mind set and other doing it the more "Japanese" way which is closer to what some of you are calling "cosplay lolita". Alternative fashion isn't in Japan what it is in the west. In Japan is more of a dress-up fun thing as opposed to your actual clothes.

It's been very insightful.
At the end of the day is all a matter of opinion and nobody is wrong or right.
>>
>>8783366
I wasn't talking about normies, I was talking about OTHER alternative people.
Yeah normies don't take anything that's not normal seriously but they understand that it is not a costume. The fashion isn't really taken seriously by other wirdos though, and I'm a bit salty about that.
>>
>>8783356

She loves Harley Quinn and Emily Autumn. It's only a matter of time before she shows everyone how fucking mental she is.
>>
>>8783378
Do you seriously think punks or goths take each other seriously? Or that goths ever took scene/emo kids seriously? Because they didn't and don't.
Most of the "real" (life-long, diy) punks I know shit on just about everything and anyone, especially goths and younger alt scenes, for basically being sell-out freaks. The goths I've known also basically only appreciate other goths.
Beyond that, who gives a fuck? Why are you so concerned with being taken seriously? No one is ever going to take you seriously if you don't have confidence and demand to be taken seriously anyhow, and you certainly don't seem very self-assured if you're so concerned with how other people in the scene carry themselves (beyond dressing decently, obvs).
>>
>>8782861
I also have my hair cut like this. I really like the look for lolita but mainly because I think it makes my fat face look a bit slimmer.
>>
>>8783404
They only not take each other seriously when the other is being a poser of sorts, like being punk only for punk shows. Or goth only sometimes.

Literally all my friends since I was in highschool are goth, punk and metal heads. And they don't all hate each other. The punks and goths you know sound like absolute cunts desu or you're just blowing this shit out of your ass.

They take ME seriously and as far as they are concerned the fashion is legit, but only because I've lied to them for more than a decade and told them it's an alt fashion like any other Lol but I've seen the way they react to people who dress goth for the goth club and if they knew Lolita's assentially do the same thing they wouldn't take it seriously. Other lolitas are a bad reflection on me, in general I steer clear of ever mentioning the fashion. Only my absolute best friends know about it by name to anyone else I just explain the look I'm going for and they tend to assume I'm just another odd dresser who just happens to love pink.
>>
Sometimes I ask questions I could easily google just because I want to talk to others
>>
>>8783356
I don't know how often you browse sales comms, but if you ever come across an affordable dress she might like that's more tasteful than her current wardrobe, link her to it? Say something like "I know you like gothic stuff, this seems like something you'd be interested in!" Maybe she'll start buying nicer pieces on suggestion. Beats giving unasked-for criticism and coming off as an elitist, at least.
>>
>>8783356
I know who this is!

>Just glad I'm not the only seagull in this comm
>>
>>8783774

I know of eleven because they're constantly outing themselves.
>>
>>8783438
you're such a snowflake, it's not even funny anymore.
>>
When I went to my first meet this year, I remember these four girls in an HP-themed coord showing up halfway into the meet, only to keep to themselves in a corner of the room. Of course they were well dressed, and didn't seem obnoxious, but I couldn't help but think they were a bunch of stuck-up bitches. Seriously, why bother coming if you don't want to socialize? People went to them to compliment them, but not the other way around. I'm pretty sure they even left at one point to get food elsewhere (probably thought they were too good for the food at the venue).

There's also this guy who wears the SAME DAMN OUTFIT in every picture. When I saw him at the same meet he didn't talk much at all and stuck around this one girl. I think he's only in the comm and the fashion in general because his gf or friend dragged him into it. If he's in it for the chicks, he's failing miserably.
>>
>>8782792
Honestly, I pretty much only wear Lolita to cons or meet ups. I work full time at a bank located in one of their corporate offices. I could never get away with even wearing the most toned down outfits I can create. It pisses me off when bitches like you try to pull superiority and condemn people who don't have the luxury of wearing it as often as you do. Just because I don't wear Lolita every day or even every month doesn't mean you can discredit me because of your delusional accusations.
>>
>>8782792
I agree with almost everything. Except for that part about the meet ups. I admit I don't go to meet ups but that's because they seem to revolve mostly around general weeb ness and "nerdy" shit that I have no interest on. Damn near all Lolita's are japanophile nerds I don't care to hang out with them and discuss their "fandoms" the only other thing outside their nerd shit they are capable of discussing is politics but even so its mostly social politics very SJW and they are ridiculously ill informed. I rather not meet up with anyone to discuss politics. I get my fill of talking about the fashion online I don't feel the need to meet-up with anyone to talk about it. I don't see the point of hanging out with anyone just because we wear the same clothes, lolitas are a bore to me. And I don't consider the girls who wear the fashion only for meet-ups (which sadly is my entire community with the exception of a couple) the same as me.
>>
>>8782792
I lift expensive items (Designer wallets, clothes and makeup palettes) and sell them marked down to raise money for anything that isn't a bill, needed for food or other essentials. So for my hobbies basically. In other words I steal to be able to afford cute clothes and other things I can't lift. Including lolita. Shit is hard as hell to lift at cons or from stores. Accessories can be easy but main pieces are a definite no go
>>
>>8782975
Same anon. I've a rare name and because of that, it took me a month to get my account back. I'm salty as fuck and report ever fake ass name that I see.
>>
>>8783855
>shoplifting
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>8783824
You sound salty af

Lots of comms are like that, with little groups of people who are more familiar with each other already hanging out. If you want to get in on friendship circles, just buckle up and talk to them - nobody is expected or obligated to initiate conversation with you.
As for the guy I can't say what he was up to, but if his gf/friend did drag him there, there's really nothing you can do about it.
It's hypocritical that you would talk about people being 'stuck up' kek
>>
File: you.gif (25 KB, 261x200) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
25 KB, 261x200
>ITT
>>
I'm going to be doing my first AA in a little while and I'm so afraid that my art is no where near good enough. I know other artists think this way as well, but I'm so worried people just going to look at my art and think so many bad things like "oh my god that anatomy is horrible" or "wow that does not look like ________ character"
I am so worried of people thinking of my art as an eyesore.
>>
I'm not sure why people are so mad at the girls who think they're better lolitas because they wear it more often. We as a community have always praised giant wardrobes you can't really be angry when the girls with a wardrobe big enough for daily wear think of themselves as better lolitas than the ones with 30 main pieces. A LOT of work and money goes in to making a wardrobe big enough for daily wear and you can't really blame us for thinking we're better than the meet-up only/con crowd who usually just has specific outfits and not a functioning wardrobe.

Naturally it's not something I would even say out loud or admit to my comm but...I was under the impression that we all secretly thought this? Or did some of you think I we where all just hoarding a ridiculous amount of clothes to just wear one outfit once a month?
>>
>>8783972

You could be wearing lolita daily, but you could also be wearing the same 3 JSKs every day. So no, I'm going to have to see more proof of the mythical wondrous wardrobe before I'm impressed.
>>
>>8783978
Are you new here? Have you never seen the wardrobe posts on cgl or been in the wardrobe threads? Big wardrobes are pleanty.

Anyway the comment doesn't quite make sense. Nobody is trying to impress you I'm not sure where you got that idea.
>>
>>8783985

All I'm saying is wearing lolita daily =! big wardrobe. Wearing lolita every day by itself is a very silly thing to get all elitist over. And wasn't that your point?
>>
>>8783986
??? My point was that the entire point of building a wardrobe is to wear lolita more often.
>>
>>8783972
I don't think anyone is arguing about the size of the wardrobe, but I'm confused as to why you assume that people who don't wear it all the time don't have functioning wardrobes.

I don't wear it that often outside of meets, but I have plenty of pieces that would allow me to wear main pieces in different ways and for every day wear. Unless someone only wears OTT all the time, I would think they have a closet that allows them versatility and the ability to wear it often. It's just that not everyone wants to wear it often.
>>
>>8783988

Not necessarily. A lot of people in the wardrobe thread say outright they see it partially as a collecting hobby and have a tendency to hoard.

I have maybe 40 ish main pieces and I wore maybe 8 in the last few months because I just don't have the time to wear it. I have ideas all the time for coords for almost all my pieces but you know, some of us don't have the luxury of being NEETs with no social or work obligations, or aren't lucky enough to be in a good work environment where our bosses don't judge us for what we wear.
>>
>>8783991
I have 42 main pieces and wore lolita maybe 5 times this year. That's more due to health problems though. It can be really tiring wearing lolita too.
>>
>>8783991
How can so many people be this stupid? I've seen it both here and other threads. The idea that if I'm a daily lolita I must be wearing it to work is ridiculous, do you people even alt fashion? Hardly anybody who dresses weird does it during work hours and with fashion like lolita thats rather expensive where would the funds for a daily wardrobe even come from without a job or with NEET status? for flucks sake you morons, have some common sense.
>>
File: 1286638795854.jpg (160 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1286638795854.jpg
160 KB, 333x500
I wore lolita to cons for 3-4 years, but I got serious about buying and building my wardrobe last summer. I came back to /cgl/ with a new interest in lolita rather than cosplay, and asked noob questions and made wild claims with the source of me being "in the fashion for years!"
I'm so sorry.
I thought I was hot shit at coordinating but looking back at my outfits from even a few months ago, I think they're a little lame or unbalanced. I want to take more pictures of my outfits so I can make a timeline, but I always forget.

>>8783855
Pls lift me a Chocolate Bar Bon Bons pallette, I'll give you $20

>>8783972
But there's also people who have filler pieces because they like the fashion but they don't have enough nice pieces to wear every day.
I realized I only have 5 brand dresses and 1 skirt at the moment, the rest are handmade or BL, yet I wear lolita 1-3 times a week just because I can.
I'm less of a collector, more of a wearer. I respect the collectors but I do wish I could meet more wearers.
>>
>>8783990
>>8783991

So... it's just me then?
....OK... Never mind then?
>>
>>8783957
Who cares what people think?
You'll have money.
Because someone enjoyed the work you made so much that they paid you to own it.
And that's genuinely one of the best feelings in the world.

Honestly, conventions are one of the biggest ego boosters for me, and everyone is always really supportive and positive about your work. You're not going to appeal to everybody, but one happy customer is worth far more than ten who just glanced by and kept walking. Best of luck with your first table, anon!
>>
>>8783991
>>8783852

Goths don't dress goth to work, neither do punks, people who are heavily tattooed usually cover those up for work and facial piercings are usually removed. There are a looot of alternative people in this world but we live in a capitalist society where one must work if you don't want to end up on the street. So just about all the freaks go normal fag for work. There's a time and a place to dress weird, and for most work is not one of them.

I've been a lifestyle lolita for 9 years and at no point have I ever worn lolita to work. The fact that you can't wear it to work shouldn't stop you from wearing it on your free time though. When we talk about wearing the fashion daily, we are obviously excluding work hours.
>>
File: tattooed-doctor.jpg (31 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
tattooed-doctor.jpg
31 KB, 500x367
>>8784023
Ah fuck, I dropped pic.
>>
I'll defend myself once and when anon attacks me again I realize I'm anon and then ignore it. This happens in everyothee thread but I can never seem to just not defend myself the first time
>>
>>8782975
So glad trans and abused people in hiding don't deserve to be on Facebook!! Lol cunt
>>
>>8784065

get a fucking believable fake name then, jesus christ.
>>
>>8782841
Agreed. I don't care if someone is somewhat overweight but there are two morbidly obese girls in my comm who spend all their disposable income on custom-fitted replicas and I just wonder WHY. They still look terrible! They will never not look terrible at that size. Please just spend that money on eating better and going swimming or something, just do something to get your life back together. Please, your body deserves it.
Normalization of obesity disgusts me. These people are sick and they need help to get back to a healthier size, not to be told that they're perfectly fine as they are because they are NOT. If someone was running around with a broken leg would we tell them they're perfectly fine the way they are, that they don't need to see a doctor and that they'll look super cute if they just put a big bow on it? Of course not.
>>
>>8782975
There's a girl in my comm calling herself Sempai Uke (though with different spelling) and it makes me cringe so hard any time she posts anywhere. Maybe I'll be a cunt and report her cringey weeb ass, too.

>>8784065
Yeah because trans people have no choice but to call themselves Sparkle-chan Princess Ichigo, right?
>>
>>8784065
People in those situations get their name protected or changed legally. OP was just talking about obvious fake names anyway.
There's probably lots of people who switch gender roles and don't have their birth name but Facebook wouldn't care unless a shitstorm happened.
>>
>>8784178
True. Just sounded as if op took joy in it.
>>
>>8784151
You disgust me, fascist.
>>
>>8782917
Your bigotry is disgusting
>>
File: seagulls attacking a whale.jpg (61 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
seagulls attacking a whale.jpg
61 KB, 500x281
>>8784151
I'm with you.
>>8784205
Your fat ass disgusts me.
>>
"herp derp you must not be fat!"
SIEG HEIL!
SIEG HEIL!
>>
File: 1438025545245.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1438025545245.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>8784209
I hear ovens are a great way to burn calories.
>>
File: Swastika.jpg (10 KB, 214x320) Image search: [Google]
Swastika.jpg
10 KB, 214x320
>>8783893
I never got my account back, maybe since I was underage (at the time 18 was the age limit) and I sent them a passport pic.

I just reported a company that runs a 'human account' (basically they made a regular facebook, not a company page) and apparently there's 'nothing wrong with it'. thanks, facebook.

>>8784065
I have trans people who are friends with me and as long as their names are reasonable I have no issue with it whatsoever. hell I used to have my account under a (believable) fake name in order to avoid attention (since my full name is literally one of a kind). I've even let someone named Ryusaki on my friendslist slide for now because their last name kinda works with it and it doesn't sound completely retarded.

>>8784179
I do, since the people I report are always the cringiest weebs and itas.

>>8784209
>pic related
>>
>>8783995
I dont understand this shit either. as far as I know everyone wears more formal/neat casual wear to work as opposed to their daily wear anyway, very few careers allow you to come to work wearing whatever you want and require clothing appropriate for the job.
>>
File: 91sn32Q.jpg (96 KB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
91sn32Q.jpg
96 KB, 350x265
>>8784209
>>
>>8784023
When you work full time you don't really have that much free time. When I get home from work I am busy cooking dinner and unwinding from a long day. My weekends consist of chores, groceries, and running errands. If I actually get to have a social life I'm drinking with friends and not putting my brand at risk. I don't want to wear my Moitie into a greasy car garage to get my oil changed. I know what you're saying about wearing it in your free time is when you should wear it, but cons and meet ups are my free time in most cases.
>>
I would be delighted if Disney cheaped out and recycled Elsa's main dress for Frozen 2 or something similar. No fucks given for quality or integrity. I'm about to bust my ass making a new Elsa dress to wear for kid's parties and I don't want potential clients to be expecting a new one.
>that is if my costume holds up by then
>yeah I know it's 2 years away bit still
>>
>>8782792
im a dude who has absolutely no interest in cosplay, lolita, or japanese culture and i have no idea why i started lurking here 4+ hours/day... i think i'm addicted to learning details about women's hobbies and drama. i also enjoy reading the comment sections of vegan youtube channels and watch the occasional makeup video.
>inb4 kill self
i might
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 300x400
I once acted like I never saw a offer from a girl in Italy. She offered almost 100 dollars over what another Lolita offered for a dress I was selling. I sold the dress to the 100 dollar lesser because I absolutely won't sell to Italy because of their horrible postage rules.
>>
I use ETC dresses as sleepwear.
>>
>>8784205
Do you know what a fascist is...? Or are you just using tumblr buzzwords?
>>
>>8784509
Are you me? I love reading about lolita and comm drama and cosplay drama in general.
>>
>>8784509
I was in the same boat last year. Reading about the lolita subculture is really fascinating, you feel kind of like a social anthropologist. I'm also a Nabokov fan.

As for cosplaying I hope it's something I can do one day. But I've no friends and am too scared to live the house alone (which would probably be magnified in a costume) so it's more or less a pipedream.

I just hope we're not shitting up this board too much.
>>
>>8784616
>Nabokov fan
fucking....get out
>>
>>8784491
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to be honest. I'm not sure why you're so hell bent on making them. I'm a full time nurse at a hospital. I most often wear my brand to go drinking with friends/co-workers, I wear my brand to do errands, I've even worn my brand to get my oil and tires changed (it's not like *I'm* changing them I don't understand why you wouldn't) just shut up and wear lolita whenever you want. But don't sit there and make weak excuses.
>>
File: 1442286609229.jpg (70 KB, 249x699) Image search: [Google]
1442286609229.jpg
70 KB, 249x699
>>8784616
>I'm also a Nabokov fan.
>>
>>8784509
Kek join the club. I wish I could wear lolita without losing all social status as a guy, but I do appreciate all the designs. Still trying to figure out all the taboos and what's a /bad/ coord though.
>>
File: 2342313154774.gif (717 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
2342313154774.gif
717 KB, 500x299
>>8782861
>tfw want to cut hair hime style but have trichotillomania and have a bald spot in the middle of my head that i cover up by having a far side part.

i just want to have bangs again.
>>
File: 8974987329837.png (362 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
8974987329837.png
362 KB, 523x592
>>8784230
>>
The more time I've spend on cgl, the more I don't care about costume quality.

Seeing people hate on everyone that isn't petite, bash people who buy costumes etc. just made me realize that at least those people seem to have fun at cons.
>>
>>8784661
>>8784639
I know you love that prose, don't lie.
>>
>>8784616

It's nice you're a nobokov fan, but the two are in no way related.
>>
I think all lolitas are ridiculous. They dress like clowns and have this made up weeb culture and it makes me laugh how these people somehow manage to burn their money to look like that on purpose.

You should know something's wrong when people ask to take your picture in the street, but no, these lolita girls think they are being praised which is what they live for, mostly. Then they get surprised to find their pictures posted on their fb school group to be made fun of.
>>
I feel so bad saying this but bad noses ruin everything, especially cosplay and lolita related. Big beak noises, bumpy noses, they bother me so much that I can't help but think to myself "please get a nose job" and its not like I have the perfect nose either. They just drive me crazy. Especially with a long face combo, doesn't suit lolita
>>
>>8784616
>>8784681
>I love a novel about pedophilia, look out world I'm 2edgy4u
No one cares what creepy books you like you fucking basement dweller.
>I just hope we're not shitting up this board too much.
Now you are. If you want to discuss the book, go to /lit/. If you want to discuss the completely unrelated fashion, stay here and drop the whole Nabokov thing. That will only make /cgl/ resent you.
>>
>>8783996
Okay! We'll exchange at the next meetup. Some people deal drugs, I deal makeup
>>
File: 4984894684.png (522 KB, 600x681) Image search: [Google]
4984894684.png
522 KB, 600x681
>>8783996
>>8783855
drains on society.
>>
>>8784711
>thinking this genuinely has an effect on society
capitalist sheep
>>
>>8784702
Different anon, I'm not very well versed in literature and Lolita was damn good. Give it a shot, dude, the audiobook on YouTube is free and the reader has a great voice. It even doesn't defend pedophilia at all.
It's the misinformed moms and tumblr "nymphettes" that ruined it.
>that will only make /cgl/ resent you
I am /cgl/ and I'm sure most of the board isn't prejudiced enough to immediately dismiss something good based on rumors.

OT: I wish there was one of those book bags that said Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov on it.
>>
>>8784725
If you like the book that's your opinion, but it still doesn't change the fact that it and the connotations it brings (whether unfounded or not) don't have anything to do with the fashion besides a name. It's not our fault the Japanese chose that name, but it doesn't mean we have to keep trying to rope the two together.
>>
>>8784725
Jeremy Irons does the ebook, as he was Humbert in the 90s film.
>>
>>8784714
>thinking i care about the corporation over the lives of the most likely underpaid workers who are trying to respectfully get money to pay for their needs and wants, who will probably be assfucked over unaccounted for missing stock, especially expensive ones.

literal fucking retard, i hope you are sterile
>>
>>8784754
this.

shoplifting hurts people who are struggling to make a living. i would forgive a sissy before i forgive a shoplifter.
>>
File: baka ass.jpg (11 KB, 168x217) Image search: [Google]
baka ass.jpg
11 KB, 168x217
>>8784702
>>I love a novel about pedophilia, look out world I'm 2edgy4u
>No one cares what creepy books you like you fucking basement dweller.
>end of 2015
>people still taking Lolita literally
>people still not grasping the concept of unreliable narration
Give me a fucking break, H.H. isn't even that subtle in his lies.
>>
File: 1451119143300.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451119143300.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>8784065
>>
>>8783763
It's okay anon I am also guilty of doing that.
>>
>>8784702
I was making a joke about the name, I know it is obviously unrelated to the fashion.

But if you aren't trolling and like prose then you should actually give the book a try, it is (in all likelihood) the best novel published in the last ~70 years.
>>
>>8783995
How about you calm down and stop acting like a total bitch. The word daily implied you wear it every day. Most people work every day and when they come after a day of work they won't bother dressing up anymore.
>>
>>8783763
Me too. But then I always worry that I'm annoying or look dumb.
>>
>>8784953
Even if you take the novel at face value, literally word for word, H.H. says himself that Dolly's unhappy and not interested in his sexual advances without incentive. The only time she approaches him is the first time, and it's just because she's curious and naive. I fucking hate it when people act like she manipulates him.
And in the end, he states that he still loves her, but he made a mistake when he was blinded by his lust for her when she was young, and ruined their relationship as a step-father and daugter. He literally says he "regrets everything" other than killing the other man.
He straight up admits that raping her was wrong and he regrets it.
Anyways the fashion is probably named after the romanticized novel anyways, but lolitas sure love denying it
>>8784730
Just read the book, you close-minded baka

I never say "lolita" to strangers anyways, but I wish I could explain why Lolita the book isn't bad instead of explaining what the fashion is, it would do the world a lot more good.
>>
>>8784989
you are and you do. maybe think if ways to interact that don't debase yourself.
>>
>>8784998
*of not if
>>
>>8784023
You can usually tell someone's a goth, because even to work they do they makeup in a certain way, have their hair/nails in certain colors and usually dress in black.
Also, comparing goths or punks with Lolitas doesn't really work. Goths and punks have more in common than just the fashion, and their fashion is much more diverse. Lolitas have one thing in common and that is the fashion. A lifestyle Lolita can be anything, she could be all about pink and live like a little princess or she could be goth. So someone saying "I'm a lifestyle Lolita" really means nothing more than that you're wearing the fashion more frequently.
>>
>>8784151
Truth
>>
>>8784657
She has no need to make excuses, she is giving you reasons why she does not want to wear her brand daily. And they're good reasons.
I think wearing Lolita outside of events and meets just spoils it for me, my brand is for special occasions when I want to look extra polished and cute. For everyday wear I need functional clothes.
>>
>>8784698
Sorry you got posted, Salty-chan.
>>
I've started clearing out some of the old dresses I have and I posted my sales online. A friend of mine linked it to her trans-trender friend, who has absolutely no sign of being a lolita/interested in that. It's a gorgeous dress and I'd hate for somebody to buy it (they'll probably insist it's too expensive though), make an awful coord, and then never wear it again. Of course, they might become a great lolita but all signs are pointing to them doing some awful trendy, edgy coord and never pursuing lolita actively.
>>
>>8784993
It's a great book that's very misunderstood by the vast majority of readers or even people who haven't read it (e.g. dummies ITT)
I never say "lolita" when people ask the array of "why are you dressed like that?" questions. I just tell them it's a type of street fashion from Japan and that I like looking elegant. That's enough for most people.
>>
>>8782792
On average, I end up wearing lolita more often to conventions. I rarely make meets. I just don't feel like fussing with it most of the time or going out in public and have attention on me for dressing differently unless I'm with another person (and then it's a bit more comfortable) It's I must not be a real lolita. Time to sell my brand.

Saying that people who wear it to cons and meets only aren't real lolitas is not just laughable. Saying people who wear it to cons only have "outfits" and aren't real lolitas proves you know little beyond your own frame of reference. Do these people exist, sure, I know a few people who fit into both categories. It doesn't apply to all.

It's like saying you're not a real lolita unless you own coveted prints. Non print-fans be damned. You're not a real lolita unless you wear brand shoes or petticoats. You're not a real lolita unless you coordinate with Vivienne Westwood. You're not a real lolita unless you've flicked Misako's bean. It's not a competition. Stop it.

The rest of the world thinks we're dressing up as Bo Peep, Mary Poppins or are a part of Doll Delight's Cult of Living Dolls (tm), and are otherwise probably suffering from some mental disorder for dressing the way we do. Wear it when it pleases you and get the stick out of your ass. It'll ruin our communal brand.
>>
>>8784155
I know exactly who you're talking about and it bothers me so much. She doesn't dress well either.
>>
>>8784155
I know exactly who you're talking about and it bothers me so much. She doesn't dress well either..
>>
>>8785017
Anon, of all the dresses people buy, how many do you think are even worn, let alone involved in some hideously offensive first-timer coord? How many things have you seen for sale where a person is a second or third owner and hardly tried the item on, never wearing it out? Hell, you should be lucky that your items are worn at all, what with how many hoarders buy secondhand outfits only to stuff them into a closet for them to never see the light of day. Besides, money is money. So long as the item sells for a fair price, it really doesn't matter what it's used for.
>>
>>8784657
Good for you? I don't feel comfortable doing such things. All I'm saying is that I shouldn't have to feel or be told that I'm less lolita than people like you just because I don't wear it everyday, you elitist harpie.
>>
>>8784981
>the best novel published in the past ~70 years

Wow, please kill yourself you fucking peasant.
>>
>>8784657

Good on you.

I like to wear lolita when I'm fully relaxed and going on outings with my bf. Lolita is uncomfortable as it is with elastic banded petticoats. Going from my 14 hour shift to lolita on a weekday isn't exactly the most optimal for me. But going to the park, the museum, enjoying time with my bf and walking around is when I feel lolita is appropriate. I feel fully relaxed and that's when I enjoy wearing lolita the most. And that's just for me.

In the end, it depends on a person's comfort level to see when they wear lolita. It doesn't distinguish anyone whether they wear lolita more or less often as 'more' or 'less' lolita, so long as their coordinates don't suck.
>>
>>8784754
You don't actually work retail, do you? Unless it's a very, very small store, no one person is going to be held responsible for missing stock. This doesn't happen. Stealing makeup is going to make the lives of the workers any worse.
>>
>>8785101
I don't work retail but at a sort of booth sometimes and almost every time someone steals or tries to steal from me, I cry. Not because of the financial loss, but because I stand there, for hours, being nice to everybody and doing my best to sell something, exhausted from standing all day, sometimes in the cold or the rain, and then some inconsiderate shithead comes along and just steals. It's not fair.
>>
>>8785043
That's true. As long as I sell it, it doesn't matter that much anymore.
>>
>>8785060
do you want to name something on the same tier as it?
or make any form of counter-argument?
it's not a very controversial statement
>>
>>8785101
Do you?

Stores with increased shrink don't target individual employees, but they have decreased chances for raises, lower hiring rates which leads to more shifts being run with smaller numbers of employees, fewer seasonal bonuses, and the employees frequently get treated like they're the ones stealing (meaning they're subject to more frequent random bag and locker checks, and some stores requiring employees to only carry transparent plastic bags while going to and from work, and so on). Hell, this is information that was in the orientation videos for both of the retail chains I worked for when I was in high school/college.
>>
I hate this identity aspect associated with lolita. It's just some sad illusion created by personalitiless weebs.
IMO: you are "a lolita" only when you're wearing the fashion. Which is everyday for some people, just at meets for others.
It's like saying "I'm a girl with pink hair" when you've dyed your hair back to it's natural color. You may know all about having pink hair, but it's not pink right now.
You can be more or less serious about the fashion, but not more or less "a lolita".

Also this entire conversation fails to see the difference between people who have dresses because they like collecting them and people who have dresses because they like wearing them. And people who have a few dresses but they actually just like fucking around in the community more. And people who like having coveted pieces and superior coordinates and feeling special online or irl.
Everyone has their own reasons to buy and wear the fashion. Just learn to live with it instead of aimlessly hating on people different than you.
>>
>>8784993
And why is it that you aren't closed minded for not wanting to call it lolita to strangers, but I am? Because I have no interest in reading a book with pedophilia as subject material?

I said if you like the book, that's fine. I'm not saying you have poor taste- all I'm saying is it isn't for me, and I don't enjoy the connection people make with it to this fashion.

ITT: you don't think like I do so you're a 'baka'!
>>
>>8785109
lol yes actually I do. And trust me, even if our store had zero shrink, none of us floor-level associates would ever get a fucking seasonal bonus. We don't even get sick or personal days, let alone merit based raises or anything else of the sort. They treat us like replaceable trash no matter how much money our department makes the company. I don't steal because I need my job, no matter how terrible it is, but I can certainly see why someone would, and I couldn't blame them for it.
>>
>>8783334
I think you are confusing an alt fashion with a subculture. Most Japanese Lolitas have always just worn it on the weekends or 'out'. The lifestyle Lolita crap is western. And yes, I wear my Lolita clothes often but I don't get bent if others don't (or can't).
>>
>>8785131
>The lifestyle Lolita crap is western
inspired by Kamikaze Girls, which featured a lifestyle lolita.
>>
>>8784730
Misako lists it in the back of her book, either the film or the movie, I forget which. I do think the fashion name is related to the book name originally, t b h. I don't think Japanese are as uptight about naming stuff seeing some names of brands etc. I don't think it's a big deal, really.
>>
>>8785142
One movie and one rich with parody and slapstick. It's funny to think that the cult of lifestyle Lolita started there but has become something else. I don't really care how people do Lolita as long as they aren't ita.
>>
>>8785062
>>8785053
Excuses again. Look I don't really care when you wear lolita, or the million reasons why you dont wear it often. At the end of the day, you said so yourself youre just wearing it to cons and meetups and I guess now the ocasional outing with your bf. I've already said do whatever the fuck you want. But I most definitely do consider myself more lolita than you as I wear it more often and take the fashion more seriously, and this conversation has convinced me even further of that thought.
>>
>>8785153
You don't sound like any fun at all to hang out with because of a 'Lolier than thou' attitude. I hope you are lone or don't judge your friends in the fashion so harshly. I consider someone the 'most or best' Lolita when their coords are better than average, and sometimes by how many great meets they go to, not by how often they wear it. So your criteria for someone being more Lolita is just an opinion...only one way to look at it.
>>
>>8785108
nah you're pretty fucking retarded. Lolita isn't even considered a must-read classic that strongly
>Fahrenheit 451
>1984
>Catcher in the Rye
>To Kill a Mockingbird
>A Clockwork Orange
this list is kinda American-biased but most Russian classics are from the 1800s so sorry if it makes you pissy

>what is personal preference
>>
>>8785160
Obviously it's just my opinion. And I'm not talking about "most or best" at all, those two words shouldn't be interchageble and one of them is not at all synonymous with 'more'.
>>
>>8785117
Dude did you even read what you replied to
>I never say "lolita" to strangers
I'm only mad because you talked shit about the book without reading it, I don't give a fuck about what you call it
btw its hebephilia not pedophilia, not that it matters

I also just found out from the secrets this week that Juliette et Justine is named after those Marquis de Sade works so nothing is sacred anymore
>>
>>8785153

You do realize we're two different people right? As in, people regard lolita as wear for different occasions. Big whoop you wear it with your coworkers to drink in bars. Should I be impressed you drive to the mechanics and sit in the lounge for 2 hours reading a magazine in lolita? It's silly to use that as any measure of anything.

Again, good on you, but you sound insufferable.
>>
I've been a daily wearer of the fashion for 10 years. And Lifestyle Lolita's have always seemed a little nuts to me. I don't like the way the community uses the term to describe people who wear the fashion as a fashion too (as opposed to costumed events) please don't lump me in with those nutters.
>>
>>8785169
They aren't interchangeable, hence the 'or'. And of course you are entitled to your opinion but when you put it out there in judgement of others disguised as a 'confession' it seems more than a little preachy and bitchy. A less flattering Lolita attitude, you might say.
>>
>>8785182
Lol what makes you think I'm trying to impress you? I don't even take you seriously as a wearer of the fashion. You sound butt hurt.
>>
File: 1373655477300.gif (955 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
1373655477300.gif
955 KB, 300x162
>>8785192

This is you.
>>
>>8785211
Not that anon but I think you're projecting anon. I'm getting second hand embarrassment.
>>
>>8785108
Books that are 100x better:
Immortality by Milan kundera
The age of reason
The stranger
Exile and the fall
Far from the madding crowd

Nabokov is edgy trash, I enjoyed it when I was in high school and an edgy faggot
>>
File: _20150702_113117.jpg (163 KB, 1261x1213) Image search: [Google]
_20150702_113117.jpg
163 KB, 1261x1213
>>8785170
Reread what you just fucking posted and go back to Reddit

>hebebebebophilia
Gtfo pervert
>>
>>8785112
*its
damnit
>>
>>8785170
Hebephilia is a term people use to justify being creepy little shits. Underage is underage and the book is disgusting, as are the people who pretend to have an academic interest in it to justify their interest in underage girls/ageplay/sissies/etc. The book has nothing to do with the fashion save for sharing a name, and the fact that someone who is a fan of the book and has no interest in J-fashion is browsing this board says to me that they're interested in lolita for all the wrong reasons and is saying the social structure is fascinating to justify this immoral, contradictory interest. Last thing the online community needs is more ageplay pedo-justifying creeps. Get out off /cgl/ and take your shitty rape novel obsession with you.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 720x400
Confession:

I'm the ugliest one in my group. I try very hard to pose right, do my makeup, my hair, and plan my coordinate as soon as I hear about a meetup. But every time, I look like absolute crap.

I think that everyone hates me. When I come home from meet ups, I'm usually crying. Even when I wear Lolita on my own I still feel horrible. I feel horrible in normie clothes. I just want to change everything about myself.

>tfw you will never make Misako proud
>>
>>8785524
I feel you, anon. I just got back into lolita this summer after a very long break from the fashion and while I love the clothes and love going to meets, I always feel like everyone there would have more fun if I wasn't grossing up their meet.

When I dress alone I usually feel alright, but seeing other girls dressed up just makes me feel like trash.

I know it doesn't help, but I'm sure niether of us are as bad as we think we are. It still really sucks, though.
>>
File: cosplaylolita.png (639 KB, 919x621) Image search: [Google]
cosplaylolita.png
639 KB, 919x621
I really fucking hate how cosplayers suck itas asses because they don't even know what it is. "Cosplay lolita", huh
>>
File: wtf.png (20 KB, 495x199) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
20 KB, 495x199
>>8785537
Oh, and this was one of the comments. Who compared it to blackface?
>>
>>8785548
>>8785537
>forgetting to crop out your profile picture
anon please
>>
My cat died and I don't want to tell everyone about it. I had to sell my dresses to cover its expenses when I returned from Japan.

It's so bad that it will cause a ton of drama which I had enough of.
>>
>>8785553
I loled
>>
File: ZfuehgM.jpg (92 KB, 595x394) Image search: [Google]
ZfuehgM.jpg
92 KB, 595x394
how many of you gulls have lost lolita friends? it seems like there is always drama amongst comms and a falling out of members
>>
>>8784151
As a girl who is 6' 4" and built like my Nordic ancestors sometimes I just want to be pretty.
>>
>>8785565
I'm only close with one other girl who is into the fashion, but she's been living in Japan for a few years now. We're still very close, but obviously she isn't in my comm. I don't really know my comm members all that well...I wish I did, but, I guess it takes time.
>>
>>8785553
Kate?
>>
File: 794865465.png (167 KB, 1087x343) Image search: [Google]
794865465.png
167 KB, 1087x343
>>8785610
>>
>>8785553
I get the joke but now I kind of need to know...did the cat actually end up dying? That would be fucked if it did
>>
>>8785553
Fair enough, I think it's an incredibly selfish and stupid thing to buy an animal overseas for absolutely no reason and go through the trauma and effort of transporting it via air, but all of this "Omg it's going to DIE!" bullshit is just that.

Air travel for domestic animals is incredibly safe. They don't just chuck them in a box in the unpressurized cargo hold. It's just.. Unnecessary unless you're moving internationally and taking your already-owned pet with you.
They can be quarantined for up to 6 months if there's complications.
>>
>>8785112
This is an underrated post
>>
I honestly can't stand how socially awkward lolitas and cosplayers/con goers are. It makes it hard to have a relationship and be around them it's the reason I don't really go to meet ups and cons.

And before everyone gets butt mad, yeah I know not all of them are but the overwhelming majority are. I have about 5 lolita friends I hang out with often and are very cool and I tend to rely on them to introduce me to other cool lolitas and nerds. But I can't stand meet-ups and cons the autism is just too much.
>>
>>8784511
You could just put that in your listing's shipping info.
>>
>>8782792
As a full time student with a part time job, wearing lolita everyday just isn't practical. Sorry you live such a privileged lifestyle that you have the time and money to do this so often, but to some people (like me) lolita is something to be worn on special occasion like an expensive party dress. These special occasions are usually conventions and meetups with other lolita.

Plus, I don't know about you but I'm not stuck in some batshit fantasy world 24/7. Lolita isn't everyday wear or professional wear. Along with that, I'm sure most lolitas don't want people staring them down all day because of their outfits. Conventions/meetups make lolita seem more like normal wear. Other times you'll just look like a fucking moron.
>>
>>8785688
>Conventions/meetups make lolita seem more like normal wear
You mean more like a costume.
We should honestly run people like you bout of the fashion. I confess that cosplay lolitas is why I don't attend meet-ups. I don't care to associate with them.
>>
>>8785695
2/10, got me to respond.
>>
>>8785644
>But I can't stand meet-ups and cons the autism is just too much.

This!!

I don't know about cons it's not my scene but Lolita's are some of the most socially awkward people I've ever met. Combined with how SJW they seem to be and meet-ups are an awkward mess. I was once accused of being racist for making a self depreciating joke...I'm black. Needless to say I never went back. I'm entirely too friendly and goofy to be around such awkward uptight people. I did give them a fair shot I went to meet-ups for a year thinking maybe they just need to get more comfterble but all interactions with them, and their interactions with each other where cringy. I rather wear the fashion on my own. I'm thinking of moving soon though, I'll probably check out the comm in my new state. Hopefully I'll meet some nice people.
>>
>>8785688
This is such obvious bait. People like you are the reason so many look down on those who don't wear it outside of cons and meets. A lot of us really like the fashion and don't see it as some ridiculous costume. We simply lack the time or funds to wear it outside of meetups.
>>
>>8785688
Cosplay lolita detected.
>>
>>8782861
Fug, I wanna have hime-style hair so bad but my hair is so naturally wavy it wouldn't look right. Even when I flat-iron it, it has that slight curl.

My confession is that I really look down on girls I see as "too big" for lolita. Chubby girls, fine. Whales, please stop. Lose weight first. It ruins the aesthetic if the defined waist of lolita is lost in your rolls or under your bust; you just look like a fat baby.
>>
>>8785551
kek, im guilty, didnt think to even look. im not well-known by any means anyhow.
>>
>>8785695
>>8785727
>>8785741

Sorry ya'll can't take reality but lolita will never be seen as more than a costume/fetish/obsession. Who cares, anyway? Do you seriously expect normies to accept lolita as fashion? lmao just wear that shit and accept that pretty much only other lolitas will appreciate it

Gonna keep wearing my coords to cons and meets and avoid being a social outcast see ya
>>
>>8785779
Lol fuck off cosplayer, you're not one of us.
>>
>>8783763
Same, and honestly... I hate the "just google it" response, I am trying to have fucking conversation here and y'know, hearing my friends talk about things they know is nice??? The fuck man.
>>
>>8785783
Not really interested in being an uptight snob.
>>
So Be Honest

Are you a man?
>>
>>8785783
It's b8 mate.
>>
>>8785792
I-I believe she's talking about lolita. You clearly stated you wore it...
>>
>>8785797
ITS B8 MATE
>>
I wear lolita almost every day and regularly attend church. I really enjoy the idea that everyone thinks that based on my clothes and religion that I am conservative and relatively pure. Meanwhile I am sex-obsessed and curse too often when with friends or at home.
>>
>>8784702
Are you fucking retarded? Lolita isn't a novel that pushes a positive sight on pedophilia, it's a novel about a fucking destructive man who acts on his lusts and essentially destroys a young girl's life.
>>
>>8782792
I'm gonna post a positive confession.

I really, REALLY like boys in dresses/skirts. I feel bad when they get called "fags" and shit. Do any other grills here really love to see crossplay?
>>
>>8785142
Kamikaze girls featured a special snowflake. Momoko was not a lifestyle lolita, she was a weird loner that used fashion to escape real life, but she changed in the end.
If that movie would have been remotely realistic it would've been portrayed differently. Her wearing lolita all day every day was done for comedic purposes.
>>
>>8784698
I actually feel like this sometimes, which is why I stick to gothic lolita, at least people will think I'm just a weird goth kid.
>>
>>8785153
You sound like a nut.
>>
>>8785192
>>8785214
Samefag much?
You sound like a brat. No one's trying to impress you, I promise.
>>
>>8784698
Literally all fashion substyles get this, lolita isn't special in this respect, try harder
>>
>>8783369
underrated comment.
>>
>>8785806
Why would you like to see men being feminized?

This shit is GAY. The reason they're being called fags is because they're doing fag shit. It's crazy that dudes have to do this just to get attention from women these days. Just fucking be a lesbian.
>>
I have this friend who's living off of her parents paying for her tuition AND all of her expenses (rent, bills, enjoyment) and she's still looking for a sugar daddy.
On top of it she's already seeing someone. Her bf seems fine with it though.
I feel like it's not my place to comment but I guess it's because I value sex differently, but I just think it's so shitty of her to hide it from her parents?
To make it cgl related, her hobbies are j fashions and cosplay.
>>
>>8784151
This.
Fatties can still pull it off if they are aware of their size and choose their coords accordingly.
But once you cross the line of obesity there's no salvaging your appearance. You'll never look good if everyone can see your fatrolls through your dress or when people can barely make out what skirt you're wearing because your gigantic saggy tits hang in front of it.
>>
>>8785856
You sound exactly like that guy who took a CollegeHumor post serious. Do you copy past your comments or something?

>>8785806
I don't like them to short or frilly or with bright colours. But a guy in a simple, A-line, knee-length skirt or kilt? Oh hell yeah.
>>
>>8784278
I was above 18 and they also did excepted my drivers licence, library card, public transport card and students card. After a month, I got so mad, I send them a PDF file with a kinds of proof of my name through out my life, from my birth card to my last diploma's. That worked.
>>
>>8785644
Meh, it's the nature of anime/vidya/lolita that leads to the fans being social failures for the most part. I've learned to handle social situations, but I do share your sentiments about wishing our fellows werent so damn awkward. Half the time I'd talk to someone new at cons, it was clear within the first few minutes that they weren't used to talking.
>>
>>8785881
I'm super confident and chatty with people I know or the people I have to talk to for work but the second I'm talking to randos a con all my minor anxieties ratchet up to 11 and I turn in to a stammering loser.
>>
>>8785610
I don't know who this Kate person is.

>>8785617
It's not a joke. Did someone else's cat die too?
>>
>>8785856
>Why would you like to see men being feminized?
'S cute. Probably the same reason guys like tomboys.
>>
>>8785881
I find it weird that so many people have most of their communities made up of people like this. Most of the lolitas in my comm go to anime conventions, participate in cosplay, like anime and video games but can hold conversations at meets outside the realm of weeb shit and I don't think SJW shit has ever come up in any conversations. Sometimes I don't even know the power level of some other lolitas, especially some of the most well-dressed and most well-put together ones until the conversation is brought up (usually at a convention setting).

Most of the time when we're not discussing lolita, we talk about work, family, movies, TV, and don't really touch much on anime or if it is, it's brought up in passing but it never seems to dominate the discussion.
>>
>>8785884
Hah con randos are fine, I just get discouraged if I know they're not really into talking as much as I am. It's to be expected and I completely understand since I use the disinterested card myself with weirdos sometime, but it still bothers me on occasion. But hey for every one person that shakes you off there's another that gets all super excited with you. Going to Katsucon in February so I get to experience these feelings all over again
>>
>>8785806
Dude, androgyny is so hot right now in high fashion.
>>
>>8785153
>I most definitely do consider myself more lolita than you
This board is 18+, sweetie.
>>
>>8785576
Being 6'4" is vastly different from being 400 lbs at 5'3".
>>
>>8782792
For me is a real lolita a person who is honest, friendly, helpful and well dressed no matter how often she wears it ! Lolita is a fashion for everyone . There is nobody who can say "you are / are not lolita ". Theses are only difference opinions. So relax ladies and chill in frills
>>
>>8785153
Grow up child. You sound like a 10 year old brat, seriously. When I work 5 days or 6 out of 7 and I come home at 5, 8, or midnight, I literally won't do anything except veg out and sleep. After maybe 11 hours of work like fuck am I going to dress up. I'm smelly from work, and unclean. On my days off which I get randomly through the week you bet I'm catching up to adult things and resting. Even other hobbies and a social life takes a backseat to my shitty working life, fashion and looking pretty doesn't even come into it.
Unlike you, many of us aren't kids with plenty of free time and living off mummy and daddy's money.
Seriously, you're toxic. I hope someone smacks some sense into you.
>>
I have horrible self esteem. When I am thinking rationally I know I'm not conventionally ugly, but I get in my head so much that I'll break down crying looking into a mirror and want to hurt myself. It stops me from trying cosplay because I'm scared of everyone staring and noticing all my imperfections. I won't even grab the mail unless I have a full face of makeup on. I avoid going out because I feel too ugly. I was called ugly a lot by boys when I was a kid and I think it's seriously damaged me, but I feel like it's stupid to bring up to my therapist and she'll think I'm just being silly. The worst part is, if I express my feelings on my self esteem, people assume I'm doing it for attention. I'm constantly stuck between "am I just mentally ill" and "am I just really ugly and people compliment me to make me feel better."
>>
>>8786100
I understand you're afraid your therapist will think you're being silly but if she does, all that means is that she's a shitty therapist. It sounds like you have a serious problem and you need help coping and dealing with it, regardless of your appearance, so do talk to your therapist about it.
As a side note, I don't know what you look like, anon, but I'm sure you're nowhere near as ugly as you think you are. I wish you well.
>>
>>8785975
Brb moving to wherever you live to join your comm
>>
>>8784657
Look at how special you are! Wearing head to toe borderline ageplay outfits to get your oil changed? Congrats, want a medal for being such an embarrassment? You wouldn't wear a prom dress to McDonald's, same goes for casual outings. You sound like you just don't know how to dress yourself.
>>
>>8786023
GTFO tumblr.
>>
>>8783369
Yeah and I think it also has to do with the kind of area you live in. For example a lot of japanese lolita steet snaps are in areas with lots of shopping/entertainment, implying they're wearing the clothes for fun when they have free time and want to go somewhere trendy and hang out in cute clothes. But in a lot of cities there aren't any trendy places to hang out easily. So if you have a) free time and b) a kind of metropolitan or downtown area to hang out in the conditions are more favorable for wearing lolita
>>
>>8785131
It's normal if a lifestyle lolita wears it only in the weekend. Would you expect them to wear it to work where there us a dresscode? In japan they havr school uniforms but in some cases you can get away with lolifying your socks or something. Being a lifestyle lolita is about doing the best you can.
>>
>>8786165
>calling lolita ageplay
yes, because pic related is so ageplay and it's obvious this person wants to be a 5 year old child. get your head out of your arse and gtfo this board if you can't realise there are more styles to lolita than pastel vomit/borderline toddler.
pic is completely random out of my downloads.
>>
IMO, everyone who uses the word "normie" to describe someone other than themselves is most likely a special snowflake and likes to feel superior to others just because they're so unique and quirky tee hee~ Ugh.
>>
>>8784987
Do you wear your work clothes the rest of the evening?
>>
>>8786165
This
>>8786197
Don't nitpick this post, you know it's not the point
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.