[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lace Market Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 14
What's the deal with LM lately? A lot of people have been having trouble accessing the site, they're completely unresponsive on their FB page, mods seem to be ignoring a lot of sales that go against the rules, is the site even being modded anymore?

Air your grievances, gripes, or praises.
>>
My listings just finished last night, and I made a couple of sales, but couldn't even access the pages long enough to get PP addresses. Cached versions of the page are from before the sales finished, so the addresses aren't listed there, nor are the usernames of the people who bought items.

Really aggravated by that part especially. Going to keep refreshing until I can get emails, and then just change to contacting people that way instead of by PM. Not re-listing on LM for a while either. Even if I wanted to, the site is too unreliable to access the pages to do it.
>>
File: 1442206876243.jpg (20 KB, 350x266) Image search: [Google]
1442206876243.jpg
20 KB, 350x266
I love Lace Market but it's a pain in the ass in it's current state.
Alice should either get her ass up and fix a lot of issues that she promised us ages ago or should finally let LM go, there are people out there who are willing to update the site.
>>
>>8773801
It's so fucking frustrating to see her or her whiteknights show up every so often claiming that nobody ever wants to help her ever and then she/they flounce, continuing to be bad at running the site.

I just want to sell some goddamn brand socks, I'm actually writing up a post for egl-comm-sales as we speak and posting in fb groups.
>>
I absolutely love the concept of Lace Market, and I the feedback system since I've never understood livejournal.

But fuck, Alice should just let it go already. Is it really worth having your reputation drag down because of this? Do the mature thing and let someone else take over it if you feel overwhelmed.
>>
It makes me sad that this is still the best venue for buying and selling secondhand on the western market despite all its flaws. The tumblr is dead, EGL comm sales still hasn't accepted me, and eBay is absolute shit. What else is there
>>
>>8773811
Facebook groups are probably the best option at this point if you're not being accepted on LJ (try messaging a mod though, just to be sure).
Lolita Sales in English and Lolita Sales Worldwide are two groups I know of, there might be more area specific ones for your region such as Lolita Sales EU/UK etc
>>
Sorry to shit up the thread here, but I've never had a problem with LM. Not entirely sure why though. No blackouts or slow responses. I have a few pages with items I'm interested in up and running now. Doesn't seem like there is a problem for me. What exactly needs to be fixed/updated?
>>
File: noupieceofshit.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
noupieceofshit.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>8773792
I thought it was just me but yeah, Google gives me that "Oops" page super often and when i refresh it's the same. Bloody hell, Alice, you have ONE job. Fucking lazy arse.
What the hell.
>>
Lacemarket hasn't worked at all for me recently, with a few excpetions. It's a really nice website otherwise.
But I see a lot of posts on LSE like "here's the link on LM!" and it won't fucking open
>>
>>8773834
OP here, don't worry, you're not shitting up the thread. A lot of people are having no problems getting on the site.
It's even weirder then that tons of people can't access the site for hours at a time while a lot of people are having no trouble at all. For example, right now I can't load it, and the site doesn't even try to load at all. I've tried different browsers, different computers, different locations, but it's all the same, and this has been going on for weeks.
>>
>>8773792
It works on my cellphone, but only sometimes not on my computer oddly enough. I hope the problem is fixed soon.
>>
>>8773792
I am about ready to scream right now!!! I haven't been able to access LM for 4 days now on any device....all i get is an error message! I have messages from sellers that I just purchased items from waiting for me and I can't get to them!! I paid for a skirt and now I can't even get my tracking number since it is in my LM messages....FIX THIS NOW ALICE!!!! People have money and items at play here, do your fucking job and FIX IT!!
>>
>>8773807
i mean, you could always just make a new site if this one isnt up to your standards.

lace market came around because people bitched about how slow the egl-comm-sales were, so if you like the idea of this site but have improvement ideas then just fucking create a new site. i'm not whitknighting alice, but jesus if you're seeing so many issues and you know how to fix it, just do it yourself. stop trying to get her to respond, stop listing stuff on the site.
>>
>>8773841
how do you mean "just purchased" there's no purchasing happening until the paypal exchange happens. if they did already paypal you.. .can't you just email them?
>>
>>8773853
Maybe she bid and won. I consider that purchasing lol
>>
>>8773837

That's extremely weird. I have 9 LM pages open right now and all of them are working. I am watching several items atm (just easier to keep the tabs open than to search for it again and the favorite feature doesn't work?). Since I started using LM some months ago, I've never had a problem with it. When I heard people complaining about how shitty LM was, I assumed it had gotten fixed since it was working fine for me.
>>
>>8773851
god you're an idiot

there is a huge different between complaining over small details versus complaining over a site not even fucking working. this isn't "i don't like the font of the site :(" this is "the site won't even load for half the userbase"

it's not as simple as going and making your own site considering no one really KNOWS how to make that nor has anyone claimed that.

stfu
>>
>>8773792
>they're completely unresponsive on their FB page
this is true. I sent them a message days ago and still no response yet. they haven't even seen the message because it's not marked as read. it's like the mods completely vanished.
>>
>>8773911
There are even loads of messages left on the page that are just being ignored. What's going on, I wonder?
>>
>>8773834
same here. US based (EST time), Lacemarket has been loading perfectly fine (even quite fast) for me for quite a while now, ever since the last bouts of major downtime that affected everyone. I don't really get it either.
>>
I'm still extremely annoyed that the favorite button is no longer there, it's way easier to keep track of items than to bookmark each single one.
>>
>>8773883
Actually it is just that simple. This is not a matter of aesthetic but a matter of function. If the website does NOT FUNCTION, get together with others and create a website that WILL function.

Saying "no one really knows" is complete fucking bullshit. Every single time one of these threads pop up complaining about LM there are people constantly posting fucking WIPs of alternative versions. The fact that LM ITSELF was created due to other sites being shitty proves that, yes, A NEW SITE CAN BE MADE. The only fucking reason lace market is even popular is because of cgl.

Sitting on cgl and bitching isn't going to help the situation. Do you really think Alice is just sitting around waiting for these threads to pop up? Waiting for you to scream "FIX IT ALIICE" to make her actually do it? She's fucking dead as far as her presence on the internet goes. So either contribute in some way to making a new site or just fucking post on facebook sales.
>>
>>8773915
I'm in the same time zone as you, and no problems either. Could it be an area thing?
>>
>>8773941
I live in europe and I don't have any issues either..
>>
>>8773941
Also in EST, but not loading at all.
downforeveryoneorjustme.com says its up though.
>>
To everyone posting about the mods being dead.... you realize it's the holidays right? Maybe they're visiting family with no Internet connection? Yes, they should've notified on fb about an absence but srsly use some common sense.
>>
>>8773978
> but srsly use some common sense.

It's been like this for at least 3 months.
>>
>>8773995
thanksgiving and halloween are holidays....
>>
>>8774005
Because the last three months of the year are a non-stop holiday. Right. They flat out don't care, they even posted something to that regard (about not upholding their own rules). Why are some people so desperate to defend their shitty job?
>>
>>8773911
>sent them a message days ago and still no response yet
I Sent them a message in September and they haven't replied to it.
>>
>>8773935
LM is terrific, the only issue is that it occasionally just won't load at all for me. The feedback system is excellent, I would not want to buy from some rando on FB with no way to ensure that people know how the transaction went
>>
>>8774021
I think the feedback system is the major draw for me but I hate when I contact a seller on an ended auction and then can't leave feedback because they can't/won't relist it.
>>
>>8773841
Jfc calm down. You can always go into your PayPal and get the tracking number or get the sellers email and ask for it that way. Are you new or just that stupid?
>>
>>8773935
This is bull, LM has an established userbase, people have feedback and it's active despite the server being a piece of shit. It's easier to fix the site than to just create a new one and start over.
>>
>>8773935
The problem is if we do createa new site, most people might not be willing to switch to a new site again, leaving all their feedback behind.
It would have been so much easier if Alice would have passed the site like she initially planned.
And it's not just the downtimes that are annyoing. The message system is buggy as well, sometimes messages doesn't even get to you or way later. Them dissapiering after 40 days isn't helpful either. The favorite button just vanished, not the favorite list was working properly...
We were promised to be able to use different currenceys, it never happend.
It's just frustrating to see all that and knowing it could have been better, if just had passed the site to a new team.
>>
>>8774448
feedback could theoretically be pulled from LM to a new site, either by hand (which requires lots of mod handwork) or if LM cooperated then directly from databases... nothing is impossible
>>
I couldn't get it to work for a few days, then then when it worked the login button kept sending me to an error page for a few more days. Was finally able to login in yesterday.
>>
Where are the anons who where working on a new site?
I remeber you guy and your process screenshots. Are still out there? We would certainly need you.
>>
LM was working just fine and the moment I wanted to look at the next page it just stopped working and the site is now down for me.
This is the moment I really wish I could programm.
>>
>>8773935
I bet you're probably Alice and or one of her friends because the same asshole came to the last LM thread months ago and said this same thing lol

This is the equivalent of people complaining about the state of a town or country and going "WELL IF U DONT LIEK IT HERE, WHY NO GO MOVE? DUH!"
>>
>>8774595
No, i'm just sick of seeing these threads. I was around when LM came about in the first place because everyone complained about how slowly egl mods were approving sales posts. SOME RANDOM ANON (alice) said she would be happy to help build/host a website that would be fast for sales. She, much like you, were just some fucking random anon.

You just want to suck the teet of free shit. "We cant build a new site, it would cost money and effort and *I* might actually have to get personally involved if I want a better alternative!" Just admit that you guys dont really give a shit about the state of the website, that you realise that you'll probably never see alice in these threads or anywhere ever again, and admit that you keep posting these stupid fucking topics HOPING that someone will be dumb enough to do this shit for FREE again and then have troves of you retards complaining about it for some reason despite not fucking doing anything to contribute. Fucking leech.

PS. Your analogy is shit.
>>
>>8774595
Anon, the site is free. No one is obligated to provide you something for free.. Consider what we already have of LM (as annoying as it is) as a freebie.
>>
>>8775044
>>8775014

Only because it's doesn't mean we can't critizise the state the is currently in. On top of that as far as I remember people were open to pay for permium content, like being on frontpage and stuff like that. It's like we would be only sitting here ranting, help was offered to her multiple times and those who have not the skill to contribute where willing to pay for certain services. It's just that nothing ever happend.
>>
>>8775082
damn slepy me, all that missing words, sorry.

*Only becuase it's free it doesn't mean we can't critizise the state the site is currently in

*It's not like we would be only sitting here ranting
>>
>>8774016
>September
well fuck
>>
>>8775082
right and that's not going to change any time soon. so these threads only exist as a way to try to bait some other anon into putting work into something. there's no discussion to be had, there's no value to anything being posted because the person responsible for it is fucking MIA. So who gives a shit about what anyone has to say unless they are planning to make their own site?
>>
>>8775082
Fuck. No. I will never use it again if they change it to paid listings. I'll go back to fucking LJ. LM already gets ad revenue, I always have ads when I browse LM
>>
>>8775182
Wow really? Do you know how much it costs to run? Do you know how much those ads make LM? So you'd rather not support a good thing and move back to something terrible. I realize it's not great with all the downtime, but it's leagues better than LJ.

Paying would help considering LM is made with her free time. I'm assuming she doesn't have time to fix it when she's at work. I'm skeptical of her willingness to do so though with how she responded to handing over the site, but if it's free, I can't complain too much. I just wish she'd hand over the site.
>>
>>8775182
Not everything would be paid for. Just a little fee if you want more visibility for an item. Or a premium account that includes better search features, a wish list, or whatever.
>>
File: _20151220_233520.jpg (96 KB, 1440x466) Image search: [Google]
_20151220_233520.jpg
96 KB, 1440x466
Am I losing my mind or is this a wrist cuff that has lost its mate XD

Wtf lacemarket
>>
>>8775618
I thought that too but the person had good feedback and everything so I just chalked it up to me being a noob or something. New trend of wearing wrist cuffs in your hair I guess.
>>
LM isn't down for me, but super mega laggy, on all devices. Not sure why?

Waiting to hear from a seller, it's been about 10 days since we communicated and I don't believe my item has been shipped out yet.

Hoping she just hasn't responded because of LM being down on her end
>>
>>8775618
It's a hair scrunchy. They're only sold individually.
>>
>>8775618
>XD

no
>>
File: 1445987497096.png (126 KB, 496x278) Image search: [Google]
1445987497096.png
126 KB, 496x278
>>8775014
just because it's free doesn't mean people can't criticize the state of it? let's also not forget people have been fucking ready to take the website off her hands to fix it, alice is the one who fucking refuses to give it up

seriously alice, just admit you can't run your goddamn website and hand it over already.
>>
>>8775014
holy shit please get off your high horse and fucking kill yourself already

why abandon an entire website that has a plethora of feedback when we could just take over that very same website and fix the numerous kinks it has and make it usable

that's not "being scared of getting personally involved" at all, you're really missing the point. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>8775784

>fixing the numerous kinks

Not that anon, but if you knew an iota of web development you'd know that lacemarket is built on a very rickety platform of wordpress. It's pretty much as good as it's going to get right now.

It would take more time fixing the site on the free auction plugin that has been out of date for years now than it would be to build a decent site from the ground up.

From what I remember, a group was supposed to be doing just that, but dropped out leaving Alice holding the ball.

I can't imagine the server costs for running lacemarket are cheap, wordpress/PHP are memory hogs as it is, having a huge clunky auction script running on top has got to be brutal.

The reality is, a new lacemarket has to be made, but there hasn't been a cohesive team of lolita programmers to make it happen.
>>
>>8775791
Well then, since you're so well-versed in web development, why don't you start working on a new lacemarket? Hm?
>>
>>8775795

>why don't you start working on a new lacemarket

I have a full time job, I am not a team of programmers, and it's a thankless endeavor.

>no one willing to pay to cover development or server costs
>can't even use it as a portfolio piece because once you out yourself you're just opening yourself up to anon hate
>>
>>8775791
Last threads had anons who already started making a new site. I clearly remember the sreenshots. All my hope goes to them.
>>
>>8775771
Yeah, you can complain, but it really makes you look petty as hell complaining about something free. And at the end of the day - Alice created the website, she pays for it, she OWNS it. Scream all you want, she doesn't have any obligation to give it to you or the community.

Honestly, why would anyone want to step up and do free work with how all you guys are screaming and complaining?
And look at this anon now.. >>8775803
Great job guys.
>>
>>8775849
cry harder
>>
>>8775182
Feel free to leave. You'll be no great loss.
>>
>>8775863
Me crying? I'm indifferent to LM's outcome. If you want to get shit fixed, then contribute, otherwise just keep whining and deterring potential developers into creating something new. It's that simple.
>>
>>8775849
Yes, Alice created it and owns it... but she isn't immune from criticism. SHE chose to create it. SHE chose to advertise it. SHE chose to market it as a news sales community for public use. No one made her do that. And no one makes her ignore advice, offers to help, etc, either.
>>
>>8775014
If you're going to provided a service, you better make sure that service works dumbass
>>
>>8775849
Holy shit how dense are you? People are only complaining because the site isn't working at all for many people and random nonlolita shit is getting through because the website isn't being moderated. Nobody wants Alice to do anything beyond iron out those problems, or even let someone else do it, but she's done neither. I know she did this on her free time, but people were prepared to help and she all but told them to fuck off.

Okay, does anyone actually know Alice who could get in touch with her? Obviously don't post her feet here like a spanner, but surely someone should let her know what's going on? I'm going to be realistic, because if, for some reason, she dropped the site or let it to run itself, she might be assuming that a mod or something is taking care of the basic moderation and the fb page. What if someone left her high and dry in this? Maybe it's a stretch, but there's a part of me that wants to believe that she wouldn't let it get this bad knowingly.

Surely someone knows her? I know we're angry, but the bottom line is that a lot of people want to help.
>>
>>8775912
*post her deets, please don't post feet
>>
File: il_570xN.676427838_glri.jpg (62 KB, 570x410) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.676427838_glri.jpg
62 KB, 570x410
>>8775618
>>8775638
>what is a fucking hair tie
I don't know if you're brolitas/sissies trying to blend in or just this fucking clueless about fashion in general
>pic related

changing servers is not that fucking hard, and if you want to see progress maybe go donate to help with server costs.
>>
i couldn't access the site for almost one week while it worked on other internet connections, i also wrote about the issue and a possible solution on facebook.
now it's working again for me but i guess they don't ever checked FB :( it took just so long for them to realise there was something wrong.
>>
Guys, I don't think Alice even owns the site anymore. I thought it was a group of anons that volunteered to help. Alice did make a call for help for before. Did that never work out?
>>
>>8775914
I laughed way harder than I should have at that typo

>sage for OT
>>
>>8775950
It was planned, but didn't work out at the end. Not sure why though. Some say Alice didn't want to pass tge site at the end, some say the team flaked out.
>>
>>8775784
Yeah let me just kill myself cause you're too retarded to understand something. That sounds like a good idea.

>>8775795
Remember when I said these threads are basically around to try to bait another anon into doing free work?

Drill it into your head folks. Criticising someone who isn't around to read it/doesn't give a fuck isn't going to change the state of the website. You all just look like dumb whiny notches.
>>
>>8775964
I think she only did that as a stunt desu, but it didn't really go her way cause everyone seemed like they wanted her to give up control and so she faked like she was going to when in reality she was butthurt over the fact that she sucks.
>>
Seriously, is there a way to contact her? Shit flinging isn't going to solve anything.
>>
>>8775993
>>8775995
Man, criticizing Alice like this is really going to make her want to give up the site to you guys..
>>
>>8775995
"as a stunt" what exactly would she have gained by doing it? Or lost by not doing it? Is this thread just full morons or am I going crazy?
>>
>>8775916
Uhhhhhh I know what a scrunchie is...that just looked exactly like a wrist cuff and nothing like the scrunchie you just posted. Seriously? Are you just being bitchy or the sake of being bitchy?
>>
>>8775916
My scrunchie looks exactly like a single wrist cuff
>>
i had my first experience with a deadbeat seller. it's so frustrating. like who even bids and then disappears? what the hell. the seller's only feedback was another negative deadbeat sale so I should have known better. LM, please get rid of these users.
>>
I know someone who might be interested in creating a new lolita sales site, but it would be a paid thing. Is anyone interested in that, or is that a waste of our time?
>>
>>8776242
I don't fucking know what third world country you live in where you don't have decorated scrunchies
I've even seen similar, highly decorated normalfag ones so I'm honestly baffled on how someone would not realise that's a fucking scrunchie. you can blame my low coffee intake and having to listen to sob stories and shitty christmas music on the tv on my saltiness but seriously

also,
>'XD'
>no

>>8776248
yes, and the fact that a chemistry class beaker looks similar to a drinking glass doesn't mean you should use it as one.

>>8776290
a paid thing in what way? if it's a (reasonably priced) commission fee, sure. if it's a subscription fee, probably not.
>>
>>8776290
Probably not. There's enough places to sell like FB or here where I can sell for free to bother with a paid site. Sorry anon.
>>
>>8776293
It's not the decoration its how unbalanced the ruffles are. One side is thick and one is thin just like a wristband. Show me a link to an AP or BTSSB scrunchie and I'll stfu but as of now I have no reason to believe it's a thing.
>>
>>8776290
Same, I could probably bang up a better solution to lacemarket and I wouldn't even mind doing it for free, but I'm not paying for servers and hosting out of my own pocket.

I think the big problem lacemarket has is that they are storing the images the size they are uploaded as, then rather than saving a smaller thumbnail to display in the search or where ever, it's resizing on the fly meaning every search is loading 2 dozen huge images every time. That's one of the reasons it will be so slow. She is also probably not using indexes on her data or caches for the search results.

>source: i work with millions of db records every hour of my working day
>>
>>8776320
the reason one ruffle is thick and the other is thin is because the thin one goes against/towards your goddamn head

http://lolibrary.org/apparel/airy-star-gate-scrunchy

but keep telling me I'm wrong I guess :^)
>>
File: 5569.jpg (60 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
5569.jpg
60 KB, 320x240
>>8776335
>http://lolibrary.org/apparel/airy-star-gate-scrunchy
You're a damn salty cunt. It might be a scrunchie but it seems Angelic Pretty uses it also as a wristcuff. So it can be used as both. And it looks fuckin like a wristcuff. The usual scrunchies look more plain.
>>
>>8776363
fuckin go ahead and enjoy your one wrist wristcuff then, I ain't gonna tell you to not do it
>>
>>8776335
Thanks for the link but for future reference just reply with this first next time

>>8776363
Lmao nice AP.
>>
IMO, LM needs to start charging for people who are looking to sell. eBay has done this for years. Facebook will find a way to monetize users selling stuff on their site too.

Users need to start considering how much it costs to run servers and to hire a developer for freelance. Look what happened to 4chan over the years. The servers cashed multiple times and donations were not enough. moot found a way to make the site sustainable through selling 4chan passes and ads.
>>
>>8776363
...so does no one remember the trend of wearing scrunchies on your wrist?? Because that was a thing.
>>
>>8776373
>just reply with this first next time

Nah, that was fun to watch. tq to anon who dragged it out.
>>
>>8778354
I remember it and regret being part of this. It looks so dumb in photos
>>
Why not take donations to fix lm. Many free and addles sites do that.
>>
File: B39OH997-pu1.jpg (59 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
B39OH997-pu1.jpg
59 KB, 480x480
>>8776320
Random anon but I agree. I imagine all scrunchies looking like this one. All the brand ones I have look like pic related. It looks like a single wristcuff they repurposed
>>
>>8773911
>>8774016
>september

ouch, that's awful. I messaged them to fix some accidental negative feedback and nothing has come of it.. should I just expect this to never get resolved? damn.
>>
What's up with all of the listings without proof photos? Is it just because listings aren't being deleted/reports being dealt with that people think it's okay to pull this shit?
I asked for a proof photo from one person and they said I should PM them about it. Like that's not sketchy as hell.
>>
>>8782885
It's completely against the rules, but there don't seem to be any mods anymore so anything flies, I guess. That's why there are Hello Kitty and Disney (non-brand) dresses floating around, and tons of other non-Lolita shit, but nobody's deleting it or doing anything about it.
>>
>>8775791
>From what I remember, a group was supposed to be doing just that, but dropped out leaving Alice holding the ball.
Yeah, that's not what happened at all, but nice revisionism.

>>8775912
>>8775996
People who were around for past threads where deets dropped know who she is/her/tumblr/her actual LM account/etc. I doubt I can post it because I'll probably get banned under the current moderation, but suffice to say while she does seem to be busy with RL work from her tumblr posts, that doesn't excuse the fact that she's totally ignored offers for help or to pass the site on so it's off her load completely. She's around, people know her. She just doesn't want to give it up. She's being petty, plain and simple.
>>
>>8782888
I keep reporting things in the hopes that maybe something will happen eventually, but I doubt it will really do anything.
>>
>>8775082
This. I wouldn't mine donating a few bucks if it meant better servers etc.
I don't necessarily agree with like having to pay for listings but they should put up a donation page. And add more mods that actually care.
>>
>>8782968
Me too. I've noticed an increasing number of non-Lolita or rule-breaking things getting through but I'm holding out hope that maybe someone will come back and see the reports.
>>
>>8782968
Same, I dont want to get fucked over by some shit dress.
>>
>>8783008
They had one, probably gave up and took it off because once the site continued to be shit even with donations people stopped wasting their money.
>>
>>8774456
I was thinking something could be done that would reformat and load feedback from lace market and livejournal on your profile, just as an option, so someone could easily take a glance through all your major feedback? It'd be easy enough to code and doesn't require cooperation from the site.
>>
>>8782677
LM gold accounts
>>
File: ship.png (44 KB, 482x318) Image search: [Google]
ship.png
44 KB, 482x318
This girl's shipping costs are outrageous, especially if you consider that in her TOS it says "please ask for tracking and insurance."
>>
>>8785924
If you want them I'd just call her out on it because shipping a pair of tights within the us isn't expensive
>>
>>8785928
It would be $4 at most priority with tracking and included insurance (up to 50) in a bubble mailer within the US. Include 50 cents for the bubble mailer cost at the most. I could see $15 for a medium flat rate priority box, for a dress. Not a pair of tights.
>>
>>8785949
She's probably just trying to trick people into paying that so she can send it in the box and still get a lot of money from them for shipping. There might be newbies who don't know much about usps rates. That's really shitty tho.
>>
>>8775618
I saw that a little while too. The dropdown search is messed up. Yep that jsk is definitely a wristcuff.
>>
>>8782962
>she's being petty
It's her site right? She can do whatever the fuck she wants. This isn't like customer service.

If you guys don't like it, start your own.
Inb4 waaah you know how difficult that would be to start uppp??!
Quit your whining.
>>
>>8785949
Flat rate packages and mailers are free. You can even buy them on usps website for $0.00 if you want them delivered to your house.
>>
File: paypalhack.png (30 KB, 484x401) Image search: [Google]
paypalhack.png
30 KB, 484x401
Holy fuck
>>
>>8786437
This whole thing just seems like bullshit, because what good would filing a charge back do someone who hacked a paypal account? It wouldn't go back to PayPal at that point. It would go back on her credit card statement. That doesn't make any sense. I honestly believe she just got caught and is covering for herself now.
>>
>>8786437
Didn't kai whatever her name ita is also use the "my paypal was hacked!!!" Excuse when she scammed everyone? Iirc, she also did charge backs on her credit cards like this girl is doing.
Sounds sketchy as fuck.
>>
>>8786437
I'm calling bullshit on her story. She was pulling credit card chargebacks right after Lacemarket was supposed to delete messages and got caught. She wasn't filing the chargebacks against unauthorized charges, she was filing them for LM purchases. If she didn't authorize those purchases, then that means they would have had to of hacked her LM account as well.
>>
>>8786437
>My financial situation has turned disastrous overnight

You mean with all that money you got for bank chargebacks? Sure
>>
>>8786437
So she's basically arguing that someone hacked her Paypal and filed chargebacks to get money for purchases she actually made, but those chargebacks (at least some) were done via her bank/credit card, so this story makes absolutely no sense and the user is a confirmed scammer, great.
>>
>>8786437
This is so fishy
>>
>>8786459
The sad thing is, it looks like from the seller's comment below that the scammer is actually going to get to keep the money and Paypal have just paid out themselves to protect the seller. I hope this chick is well and truly ousted from whatever community she's in.
>>
>>8786466
Also I am forever going to take screenshots of all my future Lace Market messages. It looks like this girl had built up +5 or so positive feedback first, so I would absolutely have been caught out by her scam since she knew exactly when the messages would be deleted.
>>
Man I hope Kei posts whatever was in the PM. I'm dying to know what BS this girl is spewing.
>>
>>8786437
Ok but why is she making things even more fishy by replying people through PM and not in the post for all to see?
>>
>>8786485
Shouldn't it have to be via open message since it's scammy shit that affects the entire comm?
Fuck this bitch, seriously. This >>8786487!
>>
>>8786485
Don't trust this buyer and avoid all transactions with her, at least for the time being. I'm one of the sellers and I believe she's pulling some serious BS.

>She bought the dress from me in October
>I sent it out the next day, she received it two days later
>Got a message from her saying she received the dress, it was good, traded positive feedback
>Exactly 60 days after our last message (when LM deletes sent messages), I get an email saying that she went to her bank and filed a chargeback
>Thankfully, I save all of my messages and shipping receipts and was able to post all info and got refunded almost immediately by PayPal (If I hadn't of filed those, I would have had no proof of tracking/our conversations)

She's claiming that someone hacked her PayPal, but it really doesn't check out. She PM'd me to say that PayPal informed her of chargebacks going to be happen, which is a flat out lie. PayPal does not have the authority to force a bank to dispute charges on the grounds of being unauthorized, or at all. She got the money and the dress, but she did offer to send the dress back, which I declined because that would be dishonest of me.

IT IS WORTH NOTING THAT at the beginning of our transaction she had her LM location listed as Canada, PMd me to tell me that it was wrong, that she lives in Potomac, MD. I checked her PP account and the Maryland address is what was listed, so, that's where I sent it. After she claims she couldn't go onto LM, her LM location was changed to DC. IF THIS WAS A FALSE ADDRESS, then that means someone would have had to of hacked her LM account as well. It's all super sketchy to me, I can't trust it, none of it makes sense, especially after she straight lied to me via PM saying that PayPal was forcing her bank to do reversals. I wish she would answer my questions publicly, but she didn't even answer them in PM. She says she's contacting other sellers now to get it straightened out.
>>
>>8786507
If people believe it will offer them some protection against scams, then I can post caps of the PM, but I do prefer to keep PMs private. However, she should be answering the questions publicly and she's not, so if someone else is dealing with this, then it's very worth seeing what she has to say, and I can post them.
>>
>>8786507
Thank you, I'm really grateful you posted your first response publicly because it was an important reminder to me to save all my LM messages. I'm glad you were smart enough to do that and managed to get your money back, but what a nightmare!
>>
>>8786507
>>8786515
This is really shitty because I feel like no one is going to want to comment or demand explanation on facebook.
>>
>>8786537
I don't know who else is having troubles with her, but I really hope they step up and say something on the thread and have her respond to their concerns, at least just to the effect of "hey, do you have answers for those questions you ignored?"
>>
>>8786542
I think a greater explanation to the whole sales comm needs to be made. Obviously she'll be on my personal blacklist, but she could easily try to pull this shit over again on newbs in the future if there's not like a comm-wide deal made.
>>
>>8786437
Where was this posted?
>>
>>8786617
lolita sales in english on facebook
>>
>>8786617
Lolita Sales in English
>>
File: scalp much?.png (43 KB, 513x330) Image search: [Google]
scalp much?.png
43 KB, 513x330
I hate Pinoream's scalping ass.
>>
>>8786437
Wait... The chargebacks happened weeks ago, yet she's claiming her financial situation was screwed up overnight and she didn't know anything about anything until a friend told her to look today? Yet she knew her account was hacked and as >>8786507 said PayPal informed her of the issues and said they were forcing her bank to do chargebacks? How many lies can you pack into one post? Fucking scammer.
>>
>>8786620
My application is STILL pending with the FB group so I can't see any of this. I guess it doesn't apply to me as I haven't sold anything on Lacemarket, only bought, but it would still be nice to have more information on who this is.
>>
>>8786623
I don't even like that print. Kek at scalper-chans.
>>
>>8786121
Yeah they're free, but you will have to pay the flat fee for them whenever you decide to use it to mail something out.
>>
Well either someone is doing their job cracking down on replicas being sold, or someone REALLY wanted that cheap knockoff, because there was a AP Dream Marine replica OP posted about 40 minutes ago and I don't see it on the listing anymore.
>>
>>8786911
listings stay up even when they've been sold so someone probably deleted
>>
>>8786915
Oh true, I don't know why I didn't think of that myself lol. Well thats a good sign, at least
>>
>>8786858
Yes anon, but you don't add 50 cents for packaging.
>>
>>8787083
You can, though. I always wrap in bubble wrap, bags, tissue paper, etc. which does cost me money. A buck or two for packaging costs is fine, 10 is not.
>>
>>8785949
The cheapest priority mail rate is more like $6, which includes insurance up to $50 and tracking. Flat rate envelopes and boxes (small) are are between $5.75 - $5.95. Even with something weighing only a few ounzes, it still costs nearly $6 to ship via priority (if you're not using flat rate). But yeah, still ridiculous scalping.
>>
>>8786076
That's exactly what it is but okay, asslicker.

>>8786915
>>8786911
The seller might have just deleted it themselves if they sold it elsewhere. There's plenty other replicas up.
>>
File: ZJZHW8p.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
ZJZHW8p.gif
2 MB, 245x245
Ayyyyy it's down again!

>tfw I have messages to check
>tfw I hope the seller saw my last message before the site went down because god knows when it will be back online
>>
I'm now just using it as a feedback system. I'm doing all communications through facebook.
>>
Would it be shitty of me if I messaged a seller who's item I'm currently bidding on and asked them to disregard/cancel my bid because I no longer want the item and I don't want to deal with lacemarket anymore?
>>
>>8792994
Yes.
>>
>>8792994
If you do that, be prepared for bad feedback. Even if you don't want to deal with Facebook, bidding on an item means you're committed to buying it if you win, and asking to cancel/retract your bid leaves you open to negative feedback. Unless you have a really good
reason to back out, "I'm not interested anymore" isn't gonna work.
>>
>>8792994
Why do so many assholes try this shit
>>
>>8793001
I don't know why I wrote Facebook but I meant lacemarket.
>>
This is more venting but I'm very frustrated and anxious. I bought an item haven't heard from the buyer since that day (a little over a week ago), I haven't been invoiced, the messages I sent her have gone unread, etc. I'm wondering if she just can't access LM, but who even knows what's going on. (I also realize people are busy around the holidays so I'm still going to wait a little longer but I'm still annoyed)

This brings me to my biggest issue with lacemarket, and that's that there's no other way to contact people. I understand that having emails public wouldn't be ideal but this is a common issue with the site. Maybe I'll just request future buyers/sellers contact me via email after the initial auction.
>>
>>8793080
Not that seller but a tidbit of info. As of right now I cannot access LM for the life of me. I've been trying for a while but it just stopped working around the end of christmas time. Maybe that same thing happened to your seller ?
It does suck that LM won't send you the e-mail of the seller/buyer after you buy/sell something.
>>
>>8793133
Oh, yeah, I'm assuming it's just that the site has been especially shitty lately (I've been having issues myself) and it's a busy time. I've just had transactions drag out before due to LM's messaging system or the site itself just being annoying so I mostly wanted to vent about wanting more ways to contact people. I actually love lacemarket's format and system, the site itself just...doesn't work
>>
>>8793080
I'm also having issues with an unresponsive/slow responding seller and I'm fairly sure they just can't access the site, hang in there anon! Hopefully it gets better soon, maybe the holidays have an effect as well.
>>
>>8793080
Maybe your seller was away for christmas / new years. I had this happen to me, I was away on vacation and forgot that I had an auction on LM.
>>
I'm currently dealing with a shitty buyer. They bought an item yesterday so I messaged them asking for their address so I can work out postage, and now they've messaged me saying I haven't contacted them and they want to pay but they can't pay for 2 weeks. I don't accept holds that long so now I've got to relist the item and explain it's best not to "buy" something if you can't actually pay for it without contacting the seller first... Ugh, tempted to lower the price on a local Facebook group it's on just so I don't have to deal with this person. Lacemarket was fucking up so bad when I tried to list it in the first place that I forgot it was even posted there, took too long to bother listing my other items
>>
How long is appropriate to wait to re list an item after a buyer hasn't contacted you in a while? I pm'd asking for what shipping method they replied and I sent another confirming the price and paypal email and it's been a couple days and I just wanted a quick sale cause I kinda need the money.
>>
>>8792994
Have you considered that the seller also doesn't want to deal with your deadbeat ass? Think before you bid.
>>
>>8792994
Is this bait? I'm so fucking triggered right now. This is my biggest fear when I sell things, up there with false claims of damages (I am super careful to list all damage)
>>
>>8795288
So when I told her I was going to relist it she started freaking out, saying she can pay now but only if it's under 20 usd for postage cos her dog has surgery but she thought it was tomorrow... Idk some obvious bullshit, so I just ignore her and now she's only gone and stalked me for my Facebook account and is messaging me there casually enquiring about the dress as if I haven't spoken to her before, she's not in any of the Facebook sales groups I listed it in so she's definitely from lacemarket. So creepy. Can I report this to lacemarket? I don't care if I don't sell the dress, I want this creep to leave me alone
>>
didint know where else to ask but is 70$ a good deal for Infanta snow white SK in wine. this would be my first lolita cord so all help is appreciated!
>>
>>8799116
not in the LM thread that's for sure
>>
i think LM stopped sending email notifications again, damn
>>
>>8799003
With lacemarket better be patient. Sometimes you don't get a notification and don't see a message or comment.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.