[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime Conji 2016 Cancelled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: conjcancelled.png (180 KB, 343x634) Image search: [Google]
conjcancelled.png
180 KB, 343x634
Welp. There goes one of my 3 cons of the year.
>>
>The best San Diego convention is no more

Good night sweet prince :(
>>
File: durrrdurrr.jpg (98 KB, 317x299) Image search: [Google]
durrrdurrr.jpg
98 KB, 317x299
>>8772037
>best
>>
File: image.gif (464 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
464 KB, 500x338
Damn it wasnt really a great con but it was one of the few where I could actually see my friends.
>>
File: conji.png (49 KB, 598x53) Image search: [Google]
conji.png
49 KB, 598x53
I was part of the original staff and we all knew this was coming once SPJA took over. I don't really know exactly what happened this time because we all jumped ship by 2013.

Hanadoki isn't much better, although it's fairly new. I guess all I have in San Diego is SDCC.

Here's a picture describing what Conji used to be.
>>
>>8772258
OP here, same.
I'm a local, and until last year (bc Hanadoki) Conji was my only chance of getting out of my NEET life and hang out with some old friends.

Now I just have to corral everyone to Hanadoki I suppose.
>>
>>8772153
>sdcc is impossible to get into and at that it's filled with normies
>hanadoki is a small new con and was very disorganized last year

Conji had room for improvement, of course, but tell me what other con in San Diego is better.
>>
>>8771997
Nothing of value was lost
>>
>>8772709
Who is she and why are you bringing her name up?
>>
Oh man this really sucks, I was going to do my first AA table there. I bought it and everything. How upsetting. ):
>>
>>8772474
Most of my friends have said Hanadoki is better but it's a small convention that was super unorganized this year. Of course it is new but Conjii just felt like it was a lot more social? I dunno, maybe by some miracle it'll get it's shit together next year but I am pretty bummed about Conji if only because it's just the fun little local con I'm used to.
>>
>>8772768
Same! :( Have you looked into doing AA for Hanadoki Con?
>>
>>8772778

I looked at it but honestly, I'm not feeling it. Maybe after another year when it has a bit more experience under its belt. I think I'm going to try for Anime California and PMX instead.

I'm kind of taking it as a sign that I need to wait a little bit longer before I'm ready for AA ahaha,
>>
>>8772742
She's the head of Hanadoki iirc but I don't really see how she's relevant here then again it's late and I'm drowsy

>>8772776
ngl it was incredibly unorganized but it was just a first year so i'm not holding it too against the con
if it's unorganized again i'll just go fuck myself
conji was definitely a real social con though i gotta agree and i liked their new location a lot better than the town and country
>>
>>8771997
why did they try to move it to santa ana?
>>8772476
>sdcc is impossible to get into and at that it's filled with normies
9 years straight hopefully going on my 10th. its not impossible it just pain in the ass nowadays by anyone standards, tho I will agree the majority is mainly normies.
>>
>>8772858

SPJA main offices, not location for Conji
>>
>>8771997
You're a stupid cuck if you were planning to go this shitshow instead of Wondercon?
>>
>>8772298
>Hanadoki isn't much better

I would give them a few years to see if things shape up. We need a new con, Conji was dying, and not everyone either can go or don't want to go to Comic Con. Besides I work near Qualcomm Stadium so heading down to the con is a short drive away.
>>
>>8772037
Aren't every one of the states of the USA, like, an hour away from each other?
Couldn't you just drive to SGC?
>>
>>8775461
>if things shape up

That's a great joke!
>>
>>8775493
No that's Eurofags. In America, everything is bigger.
>>
>>8775493
You've obviously never been to or looked at a map of America. Texas alone is easily 6 hours from one side to another.
>>
>>8775493
Yeah, the great thing in the USA is that everything is one hour away. I can drive 1 hour north and visit Otakon in Baltimore, or drive I hour east from San Diego and see Anime Central.
>>
>>8775459
Please, Anime Conji is a hundred times better than Wondercon in shitty LA.
>>
>>8775601
>in LA?

I'm ok with this. Keep thinking it's still there, it's working great now.
>>
>>8775601
SPJA shill detected
>>
there was basically nobody over 18 at conji last year
>>
>>8775601

Hey Marc, you enjoying that plummeting loss of money and looming IRS audit?
>>
Damn... Well at least none of y'all had to deal with me there
>>
>>8775743
>IRS audit
Oh schnap. Habbening?
>>
>>8775665
It's in LA this year due to construction, I'm pretty bummed because I hate the LACC. But I would still go to Wondercon over Conji.
>>
>>8776006
As a whole the spja is almost to zero sum if not already there, especially after the revenue boosts from 2014's 80k and 2015's 90k attendees. Pretty good considering they were at minus 1 million after 2010. Whether a shitty conji would trigger the IRS is another thing but the AX side is killing it. Who knows, maybe they'll start running a surplus again (not like they need it because AX is going to turn into sdcc at this rate)
>>
>>8775461
>quotes only half the sentence and misses the point

yes, with experience hanadoki might improve, but it definitely needs to address a lot of issues before it shapes up
>>
>>8775601
I've never been to Wondercon because I'm a cuck who can't drive up to LA, but considering Wondercon is the bigger convention, I think it's better off then Conji

Get out of here Marc
>>
>>8775514
12 if you count El Paso! Ugh.
>>
>>8777822
How can you hate Cosplayers and run anime conventions, there should be laws against that.
>>
>>8775493
Yeah, one hour by jet
>>
>>8777889
That's because she doesn't hate them- she always invites cosplayers to her cons. Anon just hates her
>>
>>8778287

Only if it's close enough.
>>
>>8778277

warosu.org/cgl/thread/6835519
Has no chill, is she ok? I know Hitomi can be a dumb kid, but damn.
>>
>>8778277
why would anyone want to have a sexual relationship with how disgusting he is?? gross as hell
>>
>>8777822
And this has to do with SPJA tanking Conj how? Sounds like you have a personal problem anon
>>
>>8781827
What?
>>
>>8778277
>classic mcknight quote

Uhh that was her reaction to nerdlords being salty about their panels being rejected at AX, nothing to do with Anime Conji.
>>
>>8781657
Neither of them anything to do with conji now - soo damn salty- move on
>>
>>8782541
For -what? How -many dashes -do you put in -everything? Do you not -know English -at all?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.