[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Cosplay with your friend >Your friend gets more photos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11
File: 7764556.gif (1 MB, 268x280) Image search: [Google]
7764556.gif
1 MB, 268x280
>Cosplay with your friend
>Your friend gets more photos because she's prettier than you
>Have to wait for her photos to be taken while you watch

How do you cope?
>>
>>8767061
Stop being jealous and accept that some people are prettier. You're probably prettier than some people.

Be happy for your friend and don't be a petty bitch about it.
>>
Is that the reason she got more pictures taken? I've gone to several cons with a friend, and while she's beautiful, she's gotten more photos of her taken at certain cons because of the popularity of her cosplay, or because of how revealing her costume was. At those cons, it was kind of hard to watch photographers trip over themselves to take her picture, but I chose to focus on the meaningful interactions I had with people who were so excited about my character that day.

If at the end of the day, cosplay is a contest of who gets the most photos, you're gonna have a bad time. If you can find joy in other parts of cosplay, you'll cope better.
>>
How do you know she's not being asked for more pics because her character is more popular?
>>
You grow up
>>
>>8767066
Or you can pour coffee on her costume "accidentally" when you get back to your hotel room. It works a lot easier, trust me.
>>
>>8767123
OP stop
>>
>>8767061
Make a costume that is really impressive and draws the eye and then end up getting more photos.

It's what I did.
>>
File: 757105.jpg (439 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
757105.jpg
439 KB, 1200x900
>>8767173
Is this you?
>>
Kill her and wear her skin.
>>
>>8767061
Where on earth is that gif from? She looks pissed.
>>
>>8767307
Holy shit what is that?
>>
>>8767469
Her dress
>>
>>8767471
Yeah, but what character is this?

Looks like gudetama.
>>
>>8767469
Obviously a flat tent.
>>
be happy for them, they could also consider that they are in a a couple cosplay and they have you with them. they probably were really happy that they got recognized but that doesnt mean they have to forget about their friends too. Dont be upset it happens often, just be happy for them and try to get in on the next photo :)
>>
>>8767307

I need context for this clusterfuck.
>>
>>8767545
Fat chick wants attention, so she cosplays as Hinoto from X/1999 with a ridiculously large kimono. She sat out there all afternoon.
>>
>>8767307
>spot the rape
>>
File: Untitled1.jpg (564 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.jpg
564 KB, 1200x900
>>8767554
>Spot the mormon missionaries who cant understand whats going on
>>
>>8767561
I dont see them
>>
>>8767561
?
>>
>>8767307
How much did she spend making this? Holy fuck...
>>
>>8767497
>>8767469
Character is Hinoto from X/1999. IIRC this is from a European gathering many years ago.
>>
>>8767549
Didn't she also yell constantly at passersby not to step on it?
>>
>>8767061
Just get more prettier and stfu.

Or just stfu.
>>
>>8767307
Fucking I thought this was funny so I tried to find similar stuff and I Googled all sorts of shit like 'gigantic cosplay' and almost all the results were about boobs

My last try was 'too big cosplay' and I got this gem. We'll okay
>>
File: 1439802973855.jpg (25 KB, 367x357) Image search: [Google]
1439802973855.jpg
25 KB, 367x357
>>8767061
>cosplay same series with a friend
>she's prettier
>I get asked to step aside for every photo
>she brags about it later

I dropped her as a friend after that.
not because she got more attention, but because she saw me sad about it and laughed that her cosplay was "superior" and how she's the prettiest.
>>
I wait till the next con to slip something into her drink at the after party then shame her for being a whore who sleeps around with strangers and post pictures on Facebook about it that night then feign ignorance about it the next morning and take them down after they'd been up for hours for all to see.
>>
>>8770049
What a cunt. Good on you for getting rid of her.
>>
Be a petty bitch and start looking for ways to sabotage her at every turn. Make a bunch of accounts calling her fat, stupid and ugly on every social media outlet while using your real account to tell her to ignore the haters and reassure her how pretty she is.
>>
>>8770037
This is actually amazing, I don't think I've seen Rejected cosplay before.
Not that I've ever looked.
>>
I hate that I'm the pretty friend of me and my cosplay best friend. It genuinely feels so awkward being pulled away like that for photos, especially if we're cosplaying from the same series, and I try to make a point of including her as often as possible and being happy for her when someone compliments her/gets her photo and not mine. But I can tell she's kind of bitter, and she sometimes makes passive aggressive comments, and it just sucks that some dumb hobby makes her feel bad and that she occasionally takes that out on me.

She probably knows and feels weird about it, OP. I'm sorry you feel that way, but please don't let your friendship suffer for something neither of you really have much control over.
>>
>>8770158
>I hate that I'm the pretty friend

Post pics
>>
>>8770178

>4/10
>friend is a 2/10

Lets just be honest senpai
>>
>>8770049
step aside.
>>
>>8770178
Chill, I didn't say I'm gorgeous, just that I'm comparatively prettier, and I'm sure as shit not posting both me and my friend so you can decide for yourself and rip us to shreds while you're at it. Cgl gets so ridiculous the second anyone shows the slightest self confidence is2g
>>
If your cosplay is nice and actually interesting (like not a boring outfit or obscure character), and your makeup is well done and posture and all that then take a break from being with your friend and walk around the con a bit on your own.
>>
>>8770217
You don't sound very self-confident.
>>
>>8770331
At least she's not so insecure that she's rustled enough to shit up a thread over an anon calling herself pretty. Please stop.
>>
>>8767061
You have a shitty friend. They should be like "she's cosplaying with me, you want a photo of both of us?"
>>
>>8770362
Op never said they were from the same series. She's just jealous of the attention difference.
Fact is you can't blame her for being different. That leads to abuse. It's a hard lesson for seagulls to grasp but that's typically what it boils down to. How you act as a person is what really matters. It's not that fucking hard to move on with your own life instead of sabotaging your "friends" chances of success anon. Don't fuck yourself over getting salty over something so shallow. That stopped being a real friendship long ago imo.
>>
>>8767061

>Had no interest in going to cons
(I only browse this board for some sexy costumes and the bad cosplay threads)
>GF wants me to go to con with her and dress up
>I didn't want to do either
>Did a bet with each other, I win I don't have to go at all
>She wins I dress up
>or she could take the deal and I would go with her but not dress up
>Lost that game of settlers of catan so I had to do a couple cosplay with GF
>She spent 2 weeks making these costumes and she was really excited so I guess I can at least act happy while doing this
>Put on the cosplay
>She is wearing her's
>I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THESE CHARACTERS ARE
>go to the con
>lot of girls wanting pictures of me with them
>GF gets a little salty that all these girls trying to flirt with me
>Put on an "I'm really not interested in you attitude" towards these girls
>Ironically thats "in character" to the character Im cosplaying
>MFW

At least she had a good time in the end.
>>
>>8767497
>gudetama
Holy fucking kek
>>
>>8770758
What couple cosplay was it, anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 350x350
>>8767307
I thought this might be a cosplay for those white trashbags with the red strings you use to close it with
>>
File: 1408918114557.jpg (170 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1408918114557.jpg
170 KB, 1600x900
You get used to it.

Me and my gf always go to cons together and while she cosplays whatever she wants, I tend to do tokusatsu stuff.

This one time someone asked to take a picture of both of us and I needed like 10 seconds to realize that I didn't have to step away like usually.
>>
I've gone up to two girls cosplaying, ask for a pic and 1st girl hands her stuff to the 2nd girl and the 2nd girl takes a step back, so I'll take a pic of the 1st girl then either ask for a pic of both together or of 2nd girl on her own.
Then again I'm not taking pictures for my own "private" enjoyment, I try to take as many pictures as I can without blocking aisles unnecessarily or chasing cosplayers down. I try to get costumes I like and ones that are well done and unique costumes, whether I know the characters or not. (since seriously alot of people don't know most of the anime characters out there)
>>
>went as a trio from same series with friends
>first people to ask for photos only wanted two of us
>various others only wanted one
>some recognised two of us but not the other
>some talked to one and spoke to other two like we didn't know anything about the series

It was weird. My friend got told "can I get a picture of you? My daughter's been looking for someone like you all day" and we still don't know if he meant the character (if so, why not take a group shot?) or just a girl with blue hair (not that hard to find at a con).
>>
>>8767061
>Spent over 2 months making my cosplay
>invited best friend to con, so i wasnt alone
>help friend buy a costume 2 days before con
>photographers flock to her, ignore me
I am a little jealous, but I'm glad she got something out of the con
>>
>>8770049
PHOTOGRAPHER PERSPECTIVE:

I would never tell a cosplayer to gtfo of a picture, even if I only wanted to shoot one of the cosplayers.

I'd shoot them both, and then ask for solo shots of the nicer one. Or ask for the solo ones first, and shoot one of too of the uggo after.

I'm an asshole, but I ain't that much of an asshole.
>>
>>8781539
pretty much this is the way to go.
if you dont do this you're a dick.
>>
>>8767061
>>Cosplay with your friend
>>Your friend gets more photos because she's prettier than you
>>Have to wait for her photos to be taken while you watch
>How do you cope?

Kiss her in front of those same cameras.
Always works.
>>
I've been on both sides of the situation before depending on the costume and friend I'm with. When I'm the "ugly friend" I just dick around on my phone or have a snack to kill time and when I'm the one getting photographed more I try to be quick or get my friends in so they don't feel left out.

If someone gets mad and throws a hissyfit because I happen to be getting more attention I just tell them to stfu.
>>
>>8770090
the sad thing is, someone out there is probably THIS petty and bored to do this. jesus girls can be such cunts with being inferior

seriously grow the fuck up, there are more important things in life
>>
>closest girl friends are vocal feminists
>they both average about 7/10 or more depending on the cosplay
>I'm a 4/10 with good makeup.
>they get a lot of attention and boys following them with the whole "women's struggles are important"
>both think relationship after relationship can work but all the guys obvs have emotional problems and blame women for them
>rinse repeat while I stand over here with a steady relationship and no fucks to give.

Nothing is a perfect as it seems. Let them get the attention. That may be all they're getting to be quite honest.
>>
> 7/10 with makeup
>part black
>have two buddies who are 4/10 5/10 (but white)
>they're jelly of the attention I get

>we all go to a con together dressed as schoolgirls one day, and matching maid uniforms the next
>get asked to step aside in photos, guys hit on them constantly, I'm practically ignored.

Its interesting to see both sides of this.

also helped me realize that anime fans are usually more racist than the average person.
>>
>>8782355
The nice thing about digital cameras is that you can still take photos even if you're never going to use them later.

You can take advantage of this and make everybody feel great about themselves, if only for a moment.
>>
>>8783530
From what you said it sounds more like
>the kind of guys that use cons to hit or creep on girls have a sexual preference for white chicks
Unless they were actually being assholes to you, which is obviously a different thing and I'm sorry if that's the case
>>
>>8783547

This. Sexual preference doesn't equal racism.

Also, you might not be as attractive as you think? IDK.
>>
I go to a ton of different kinds of cons with my best friend. Over the last decade of being best friends/con buddies, I've been the ugly one and the pretty one. At Scifi cons and comic cons I'm usually the pretty one since I'm taller and my face seems made for make up. When someone asks for a picture, I auto pose with her and most photographers are too spaghetti to ask again for a solo pic. We've all but stopped going to anime cons. She's definitely the pretty one there since she's so tiny and cute, but she gets really uncomfortable. It seems like every time they ask her for a solo pic, their follow up question is "are you Japanese/Korean?" She really hates being singled out, and is proud to be Vietnamese, so being told "you could pass for Korean/Japanese" as if it was a compliment really grates on her. Honestly a no make up, natural me versus her, she'd win 100%. We have similar measurements (30C-23-35 to her 32B-24-34) but I'm 5 inches taller with KP, fatter thighs (I'm fit, but my weight is only on my legs) worse hair, big bones, and a longer, uglier face. It's depressing and frustrating knowing I can never fix anything even with surgery and that she was born prettier and takes way less effort to be pretty. However, I can't hold it against her, and I can't help but want to do her makeup perfectly and make her costume perfect and teach her the best poses, etc. Ever since I told her about how I felt, she started telling everyone what I did on her, and crediting me overzealously. As embarrassing as it is to be praised publically, I appreciate that she always wants to keep my self esteem high.
>>
>your friend is prettier but you have bigger boobs so you get more attention
>>
>>8783547
>>8783563

Never said sexual preference equals racism, just that anime fans are more racist than the average people.

If someone says they ONLY like white or asian girls they are usually kinda racist.

you know, watching media from a very xenophobic Asian country will get to you in one way or another.
>>
>it's not racism, it's preference
You're literally excluding an entire race. it's bigotry or prejudice at best.
>>
>>8783670
> I don't like people with dark hair.
> Okay.
> I don't like people with dark skin.
> YOU FUCKING RACIST.
>>
>>8783670
>it's bigotry or prejudice at best
Fug, probably bait but you're saying being a lesbian is sexist because it excludes an entire gender.
>>
File: 1444269430067.jpg (6 KB, 118x113) Image search: [Google]
1444269430067.jpg
6 KB, 118x113
>/cgl/ intimidated by alpha females
>>
Hahahah OP an uggo mug.
>>
>>8783681
Can't be sexist against girls.
Something something men are pigs, you're racist for thinking anything different
>>
>>8782511
PHOTOGRAPHER PERSPECTIVE:

It's true. This does always work. Always.
>>
>>8783563
>I won't date ANYONE from x race

>I'm not racist

Fucking idiots. Do you even logic?

And yes, I'm a Blackanon.
>>
>>8783765
>I only like dicks
>omg you're sexist against women
So where are we supposed to draw the line?
>>
Im that friend ;3
>>
>>8783681
>>8783788
that's not sexist. the fact that you're comparing it to sexism just makes it seem like you're outing yourself as a racist.

everyone is a little bit racist. you're on 4chan for christ sakes, own up to it and move on. defending this is pathetic.
>>
>>8783856
I am completely racist, but I can't help what sort of people I'm attracted to, same as a lesbian, straight or gay person can't help what genitals they're attracted to either. Again, where are we supposed to draw the line?
>>
>>8783765
>>8783788
>>8783856
>>8783924

People's attractions and preferences sometimes do come from prejudices, but if someone's biases effect you negatively you're better off not dating them anyway.

Sometimes people are just racist but they still have the right to say no and choose their mates just like anyone else.

Tangentially related but I've seen an unsettling amount of gay and trans guys act downright rapey at cons. They'll put the moves on someone and then cry "homo/trans phobic!!" if they get rejected. Its the grossest victim complex and crying wolf.
>>
fucking white people
>>
>>8783961
The right one has to be a racist does not excuse that person from being called a racist.
>>
>>8783961
>but if someone's biases effect you negatively you're better off not dating them anyway.
That's another thing I have about people crying racism, or even when short guys are mad that some women want a taller guy (hell, or anyone else who says "I find X to be unattractive"): why would you date them anyways? Do they owe it to you or something? Are you affected by them not being into you? There's other fish in the sea who are going to be perfectly happy dating you, it just seems as though people are hung up on the fact that they may or may not be missing out on a potential partner.
>>
>>8770037
Well, that just hit me with a wave of nostalgia.
>>
>at con
>find a group Grisaia cosplay
>the Amane is objectively the ugliest of the group
>Amane is my waifu

She seemed so genuinely happy that I wanted a few solo shots of her and no one else; made me feel all warm and fuzzy afterwards.
>>
>>8784258
Coulda fucked her anon.
>"No, keep it on."
Uggos need love too.
>>
Cant be the prettiest.
Become the coolest.
>>
>>8783660
>"I never said sexual preference equals racism ”
>"but these people didn't find me attractive, and so are racist”
Did they actually do anything racist other than be not attracted to to you because I'm still not getting your views here?
>>
>>8783670
Not everyone will like you.
You aren't a special snowflake.
No one is obligated to like you, let alone be attracted to you.
You aren't the center of the universe.
As long as they are respecting your basic human rights, they can do whatever they want.
There is nothing wrong with this.

I swear to god our society is starting to go too far with the whole "everyone is valuable" thing to the point where if you don't instantly like everyone else you are bigoted in some way or another.
>>
>>8785031
>also helped me realize that anime fans are usually more racist than the average person.

if someone says "i refuse to date X race" it usually (BUT NOT ALWAYS) means that they feel negatively about said race.

so it made me wonder "are a lot of anime fans racist?"
lo and behold, most anime fans I talk to, irl and online have very racist views- I mean, watching media from a very xenophobic country- just makes sense.

and by racist views I mean more than "I wouldn't date someone of x race" I mean racist fucking views.

It is a bit concerning that so many people in the thread misunderstood me and went on to have an argument about this. that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to say that hardcore weebs are fucking cancer.
>>
>>8783681
I'd argue that it is sexist.
you see, we don't have a word for discriminating against eye color or hair color but we do have a word for excluding/discriminating against sex, or race.
>>
>>8767061
Photographer here.

It's honestly not about the looks. Some people just seem more open and approachable for photos.
If you're looking pissed off or uncomfortable because your friend is getting snapped, that's going to show in your body language and make me feel a bit uneasy about asking you for a photo.

90% of the time it's the costume that we care about anyway. You probably looked just as great but had lower self esteem.
>>
>>8787694
But then isn't being heterosexual also sexist, in the sense that you're /still/ excluding those of the same sex?
>>
>>8787719
yes.
>>
>>8787694
>>8787730
You, I like you.
>>
>>8785345
Call me crazy, I honestly though when people say "I'm not attracted to X race" it meant "I'm not attracted to X race". I think you're reading way too much into peoples' comments, and deciding you know their inner feelings/thoughts even though you can't know that. If you aren't sexually attracted to someone, no amount of trying is going to make that happen. Sorry anon.

Unattractive or attractive, in general I see a lot of butterfaces' getting attention because they're in next to nothing at all, and hot body with a trainwreck face is the best most con goers can hope for. Next is the amazing costume, body type doesn't matter unless you're massively obese. Good, well constructed and detailed costumes get attention to matter what. Also, be crazy chatty to everyone - stop others, compliment outfits. Be seen as a social butterfly that always happens to be near photographers and other good costumes/hot women. It's terrible but this is what I've noticed.
>>
I cosplay a lot with one of my best friends, and not very often with other friends. When I'm cosplaying with my best friend, we generally are asked for pics together, if one of us is asked for solo, we hold the others stuff OR act stupid behind the photog to try to get the other to laugh or have a more relaxed face.

I have another friend that always wants to cosplay with me, but tries to con me into making her cosplays for her so I don't do stuff with her often. Last time I was making 4 costumes for a con and didn't have time to make half her shit so her costume ended up not as good as mine. (not trying to brag, I make more stuff than her and take more risks. My stuff generally turns out pretty decent or nice. She doesn't make much stuff, cons others into making stuff for her and is constantly trying to make everything dirt cheap and easy without ever trying new things).
She was going to be one of three of us in a group. The other 2 of us get lots of attention bc the guy in the group stood out. She was constantly standing to the side and ignored me or literally turned away from me when I tried to get her to stand in pics with us. after like, 30 min she disappeared and went to change. she told a friend later that it was bc she wasn't getting any attention and her costume wasn't as good as mine. She does shit like this all the time.
I pretty much refuse to cosplay with her now.

you should cosplay bc its fun or bc you like the character. Don't be a butthurt bitch when you're not as damn popular or noticed as someone else.
>>
>>8785345
I'm not typically attracted to black males. I'm also not typically attracted to dressing up in sheets and burning crosses. I just don't usually find myself attracted to black males and that only means what it means literally with no racist undertones. I'm also partial to blondes. Does that make me a bigot towards redheads?
>>
>>8788326
>comparing being a redhead to being black
>>
For a long time my friend was a way better cosplayer than me. No shame in it, she devoted more time than I did and was hella pretty. We made a game out of it, after photos of her would end up online it would be "Oh theres (friend) ok now where is anons foot? THERE IT IS"
>>
>>8788487
>>8785345

you shitlords are derailing a perfectly good thread. stop it.
>>
>>8788487
>completely missing the point
Good job.
>>
>>8788630
that sounds like a really cute way to deal with a potentially dramatic scenario. you guys sound like really good friends
>>
>>8788833
It's easy to deal with when neither of us really care about how many photos we get. We just have fun going to cons together.
>>
>>8767061
you buy boobs.
>>
>>8767061
Being pretty doesn't mean anything though
I go cons with my friend and she has a pretty face but doesn't take care of herself at all, her hair is flat, she doesn't wear makeup, and wears the ugliest lolita dresses she can find.
I have the a trainwreck of a face, wear a wig, do my makeup well, wear good coords, and always get my picture taken. She doesn't and is super bitter about it. She also doesn't listen to my advice on how to dress if she wants her picture taken.
This sounds kinda like that
>>
>>8767061
Don't be fucking sperg
>>
>>8770090
This sounds like a fucking lifetime movie plot
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.