[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lens thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: bj202pkbr_eye.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bj202pkbr_eye.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Couldn't find one in the catalog, so new lens thread. Please share photos, reviews, and recent purchases!
Honey color is having a end of year sale, and I'm in the market for some new lens. I have blue eyes and need pink lens, if anyone has good suggestions or recommendations I'd appreciate it!
>>
>>8765718
I recently bought the lens in op pic related https://www.honeycolor.com/beaucon-jewels-pink
They should actually be arriving in the mail soon. I can do a review of them then if you'd like OP.
>>
>>8765725
That'd be wonderful anon!
>>
>>8765718
Is Honeycolor's credit card processing actually working again? It seems like it keeps going up and down... it didn't work for me during their black friday sale but I haven't tried since then.
>>
>>8765718
I bought these lenses before. They were really comfy. Really similar to another lenses (by Vassen, I think?) in color. I have brown eyes though, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how they would look on blue.
>>
>>8765787
Worked the other day for me.
>>
I'm slightly concerned how those will turn out on blue eyes. If the lenses aren't opaque enough, the mix in with the blue and come out dull. You'll still get the enlargement.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 637x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 637x535
Probably a stupid question but does anyone know where people are getting their blue/grey contacts like this? They look really good and make people who have brown eyes look like they have blue eyes. I've seen a lot of Mua's with them. I figured they would be good for Cosplay.
>>
>>8766334
Those look like the solotica hidrocor in ice. They technically aren't circle lenses and are more expensive. I've never found them in prescription either.
>>
I don't see really well without my glasses and want to put on some lenses for my next cosplay. Am I doomed to coplay only characters with glasses? Or do you know where I can find lense adapted for my bad sense of sight? >_<
>>
>>8767081
You can get circle lenses made with your prescription on most sites.
>>
>>8767081
Unless you have hyperopia, you're covered. Most lens place come in all sorts of prescriptions, and I'm pretty sure astigmatism lens have become fairly popular lately as well.
Also, 4chan is 18+
>>
>>8767082
>astigmatism lens have become fairly popular lately as well.
lenses for astigmatism (toric lenses) tend to cost three or more times as much than normal lenses, and have far fewer colors.
>>
>>8767092
I have hyperopia and am cross eyed without my prescription, and lens for me only come in natural colors and cost around $80 a pair.
I know that pain.
>>
>>8766334
Neo's Lucky Clover Grey and Vassen's Rainbow Eyes Gray have that natural blue-gray effect. They're not as pale a colour as in your image though.
>>
Anyone have brand recommendations for really dry ass eyes? My eyes are so goddamn dry and contacts make them worse. I already use a super moisturizing lens solutuion and super moisturizing (lens friendly) eye drops but I can still only wear lenses for a few hours tops before I have to take them off.
I'm not looking for circle lenses, just regular colored ones for cosplay.
>>
>>8765718
I've had these in regular and in brown ring, really nice and subtle but imo wouldn't work well on blue eyes. If you want it to be PINK you should get something more opaque like the cloud 9 lenses (aka sweet bliss and some other names)
>>
>>8767294
Do you mean you don't want a huge enlargement effect? Or that you don't want popular circle lens brands? Because right now the term circle lens has come to mean cosmetic lenses. Vassen is pretty comfy, but if you have dry eyes, there's not much else you can do. You're not supposed to wear many of these color contacts for more than 8 hours anyway.
>>
Is there anything that comes close to EOS Dolly Eye Brown's color? Plano is sold out everywhere I look.
>>
>>8767339
eos dolly eye series is really dry, i don't recommend it
>>
>>8767339
http://www.uniqso.com/barbie-kira-kira-brown?search=dolly%20brown maybe?
probably not much else till its actually restocked
>>
>>8767324
Yeah i meant that i dont want enlarging lenses, i wasnt sure about the correct term.
Ill give vassen a try but if they dont work I guess im kinda boned, ill just have to use lenses for photoshoots only. I really cant wear them for more than 2hours, if even that.
>>
File: PPorder.png (42 KB, 632x276) Image search: [Google]
PPorder.png
42 KB, 632x276
>>8765718
I haven't worn lenses for so long because of my skin acting all weird, so I didn't feel like using make. BUT IT'S TIME, GULLS!!!!
The Geo Bella is for my friend though. She's just in love with that one!
>>
>>8767294
I've found most of G&G's newer series of lenses to be ridicously comfortable. Some of my favorites are G&G king size circle black and the G&G Natural series. Idk if the Natural 2-tone/3-tone series are more comfortable, but I definitely recommend the Natural lenses!
>>
File: image.jpg (424 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
424 KB, 640x640
Just got these in the mail today, is anyone interested in a review?
>>
>>8767473
Please do!
>>
>>8765718
About honey color, somebody got problem with their tracking numbers?
I buyed one part of lenses on November, I've received 2 tracking numbers (?) and none of them works. I've tried to contact Honey Color last week but no response.
May I be worried?
>>
>>8767475
I got sent my shipment confirmation twice and it didn't start showing up until I started using the link in the second email. When exactly did you buy it?
>>
File: ahd.jpg (1 MB, 2508x728) Image search: [Google]
ahd.jpg
1 MB, 2508x728
Got these in the mail yesterday and am picking up fresh contact lens solution tomorrow, so if people want I can do reviews on Friday.
>>
>>8768317
On 20th of November
>>
>>8767092
>>8767096
Hate this so much.
Praying for the day someone makes a toric red lense
>>
>>8768325
Hm, that's strange, mine was ordered on the 29th and started showing up last week. Hopefully Honeycolor made a mistake in the number and it's actually on the way to you, keep your fingers crossed that they'll respond.
>>
>>8768320
Review for the first two lenses please! I've always been curious about how those star lenses actually look in real life.
>>
>>8768355
Seconding this. I wanted to get the star ones, but I want to see how they look on more "western" eyes.
>>
File: LENSESSS.jpg (165 KB, 623x256) Image search: [Google]
LENSESSS.jpg
165 KB, 623x256
>>8767447
IT JUST ARRIVED IN THE MAIL TODAY! Imma open Hana SPC Barbie brown as soon as I get some new lens solution. Any others you want reviews on? I got dark brown eyes just fyi.
>>
>>8768583
I have dark brown eyes too. What's your review for the blue lenses?
>>
>>8768765
They just arrived in the mail, but tommorrow i'll get some lens solution and then I have a review this friday! It's venus eye blue and I've owned venus eye aqua in the past. Very opaque even on darker eyes. Not so natural looking irl but nice looking in pictures! not the most comfortable lens, but it's fine for 4-5 hours!
>>
File: pinkcontact.png (305 KB, 616x420) Image search: [Google]
pinkcontact.png
305 KB, 616x420
>>8765725
>>8765781
Review time! I'm not sure these contact would be the best for blue eyes, I think they'd pop most on darker eyes (brown, hazel, ect mine are hazel green)

Comfort is 4/5 Not as comfy as some of my other contacts, they shift a little too (and as far as beaucon goes) and they feel dryer too.

Enlargement is 2.5-3/5 the black outer ring helps with that.

Color is probably 3/5 or 4/5, They have that opaque sort of fading look which is nice if youre not looking for an extremely pink lens. (I personally went for it because the character I'm using them for eyes are dark brownish pink?

Dunno, hope this helps some of you gulls.
>>
>>8769168
Thanks so much for the review!! They look really nice on you. Your name isn't Riley, is it?
>>
Can someone recommend me some really comfortable lenses? I need some for day-to-day use.
>>
Does anyone have any lens recommendation with an 8.7 base curve? Finding lenses is a bitch, most are 8.6 and the 8.7s never have as many reviews.
>>
>>8769361
My all time favorite comfortable lens is def. the G&G King size circle black. I got dark eyes so it gives me a natural look, yet very enlarging. Though it's probably not wearable for everyday if you got a light eyecolor :(
>>
File: violet.png (52 KB, 336x86) Image search: [Google]
violet.png
52 KB, 336x86
>>8769349
No problem! Ah nope, it's not.
>>8769361
I find Puffy 3 tone series to be very comfortable! The colors are really nice (fairly natural) and they're quite enlarging. (Plus Honeycolor is having a sale on them now too)
>Pic related is me wearing a pair I have in Violet
>>
blue eyes here, just ordered like 3 colors of super pinky if anyone wants reviews, got green, violet and grey!
>>
>>8768412
>more "western" eyes.
anon they're already on a white model if that's what you meant by western...
>>
>>8768583
Please review the Hana SPC Barbie Brown, I was super interested in those
>>
>>8769503
They're photoshopped onto a white model, there's a difference.
>>
File: solotica-hidrocor-contact-lenses.jpg (449 KB, 1000x1317) Image search: [Google]
solotica-hidrocor-contact-lenses.jpg
449 KB, 1000x1317
>>8766396
I've been looking more at not-circle cosmetic lenses and I may buy these in ice or crystal to try out. they look a lot more natural so I can wear them out daily. I've found them in prescription here
http://www.lensmarketplace.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=42
if anyone is interested.

Crystal and Ice look the same to me in lots of reviews though, can anyone point out the difference to me?
>>
>>8766334
They get them from desio or solotica, but both of those are super expensive...
>>
File: contacts1.png (104 KB, 370x118) Image search: [Google]
contacts1.png
104 KB, 370x118
Just got these in the mail, Princess Pinky Twilight Brown. There are loads of shit reviews online so I thought I'd post an honest review. They are a bit dry first off, the most dry I've felt in lenses, so I might have to invest in eye drops because none of my previous lenses needed them. Enlargement isn't great but it's good enough, especially for cosplay. I like the colour a lot, I haven't tried a lot of yellow lenses but most either turn out a bright obnoxious orange on my eyes or a green colour, and these are a nice golden colour irl. I reckon they'll look really nice in natural light with a good non-potato camera. I'm not sure how well they'll hold up dryness-wise at a con but I can't imagine they'll be too bad.
>>
>>8768320
Not going to be able to review these till monday because I forgot the solution at a friends house.
>>
Anyone have recs for natural-looking brown lenses and really nice gold/honey-coloured ones? For brown lenses I've had G & G A21 and really liked those but I still haven't found a gold lens. Or if I do it's sold out.
>>
>>8767473
Yes please! The green lenses especially. (I'm looking for a green circle lens to wear over my already-green-but-not-circle-lens eyes.)
>>
Maybe this should go in the stupid questions thread, but I'm buying my first circle lenses and I don't know what eye drops I should get. I asked my optician and he said I shouldn't need them but I want to get some anyway. I'm in the UK so if anyone knows of any specific brands over here that would be very helpful.
>>
I had so much trouble finding reviews for Honeycolor's SuperPinky in brown and hazel because in the PinkyParadise website they look one color and on Honeycolor they look reversed.
Plus, I have blue eyes and all reviews i found were for brown eyes
I'd like to make some reviews to save people some time/ reviews seem like fun... But I have no idea on where to even start. Any tips?
>>
>>8769361
My comfiest ones are the Geo Princess Mimi (Bambi Series) ones. I have them in both Sesame Grey and Apple Green, and wanting to get more. They look great on dark/brown eyes.
>>
>>8773667
Not that anon, but I've owned the princess mimi/bambi whatever they are called in green and I also have green eyes. These look really unnatural (obviously) so they only really looked good if I did an intense eye makeup like gyaru style. It blended ery nicely with my natural eye color which was great because as I'm sure you know, it looks weird hen your iris color is visible through the pupil hole.

Since I wanted something a bit less intense for every day, I prefer Vassen's Rainbow Eyes Greenish Blue. These also blend with my natural color nicely, but they lack the dark limbal ring and are overall lighter. I can post pics later if you'd like.
>>
>>8772081
I've heard pretty consistent reviews like this... the color is nice but they're dry as fuck and go to shit after a few wears.
>>
Gonna second or third the Geo Princess Mimis. I had them in almond brown and they were really comfy and could wear them to school daily. I'm usually too scared of them drying as the day passes but didn't have that problem with these. Pretty natural (I have naturally really dark brown eyes so they lightened them just a little) but I think they are 14.5mm so in terms of enlargement they are good but in that aspect they might not be as natural as 14.0mm.
>>
File: lens.jpg (394 KB, 880x570) Image search: [Google]
lens.jpg
394 KB, 880x570
>>8768320
I stars don't show up very well on my eyes because they are already blue unfortunately but if you are close enough to my face you can see them. I still like them despite this, only had them on a small while but them seemed pretty comfortable.

I was hoping the colour would be greener than this but they will still work well as low key lenses for when I don't want it to be too obvious I am wearing them. They are very see through though, I took the last photo to try to show that but it didn't show that well. You can see the dark ring of my iris through the contact and the contrast of that in the white but that part mostly goes under my lid anyway so not too stressed about it

I'll say how comfortable they are for long wears once I try them out for a full day.
>>
File: gsvi_vial.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
gsvi_vial.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
I've received these today. They're DUEBA GOSSIP VIOLET. I'll try them soon, hope they show in my dark eyes.
>>
>>8774499
You can get specific contact lens drops, but I like to use either dry eye drops or tired drops depending on how many cons I have during the period I'll be using them. Just check the packet to make sure they're okay to use with contact lenses when you buy them and remember to check how long they're good for when they're open.

If you're still not sure go to boots and ask the healthcare team, but I've used boots' own contact lens, dry, dry a+e and tired drops without a problem. Wouldn't say that I thought any of them were better than any of the others, but iirc they do have slightly different ingredients so if you're using them more often you might notice a difference more. You an also get mists, but idk much about them, and single drop sachets if you're not going to be using them very much/often, but both are considerably more expensive.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.