[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Expocomic 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 644x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 644x362
So how's the event going so far? I'm not in Madrid these days...is there any trouble with queues and stuff?
>>
We need salseo.
>>
Surprisingly, no problems with qeue in a saturday
>>
>>8761671
>exams
>not otaku kawaii nyan
>>
So... Nothing? Really, for a saturday, this was nearly empty. No problem with ticket sales... What happened? Normally we would have even police controloing this shit, but... It all felt like a lazy afternoon.
>>
>>8761830
the answer is this >>8761678
the overbooking in spanish big events is due to otacos kawaii nyan dezuné who go to buy music group t-shirts and other merchandise. and i mean whole high schools go there at the same time.
>>
Shit, they've just announced they're going to IFEMA at last.
Say hello Metro collapsing cause all people from Madrid and near will come in the only Metro line available: https://twitter.com/SufridoresMetro/status/654024838961565696
Say hello to no kids and no low-lifers cause entry is 15€ a day like Madrid games Week cause IFEMA says the entry has to grow up.
Say hello to a lot of teens having to stay all thay in cause the shit of "No re-entry once you leave the building".
Say hello to kids not having money to buy food nearvy, and goodbye to the kebab, the arabic and the DIA% that saved us from starving.
This is the new age went Madrid's cons will be a total luxury.
>>
>>8763294
Wait, if there will be no kids due to the price of the tickets and IFEMA being too far away, then the Metro won't collapse, they won't starve neither stay inside because they won't be able to go there in the first place. Almost all asistants to the event are kids and teenagers.
Also,
>day
>nearby
>when
>bring the food from home
>>
So, about the cosplay prizes. I will put what I remember, fill up the rest:

-Normal Contest:

Best choreography - Hocus Pocus
Best Individual - Zihark with Dragon Age Inquisition
Best Group (don't remember, it as Catwoman and some other guy)

Catwalk Contest:

Photo Session - Weiss Sonata (Saber from Fate/Extra) and Luna Selenium (Sakuyamon from Digimon Tamers)
Best Individual: Tardis Version from Doctor Who.
Best Group (don't remember).
>>
>>8763384
The Burger King inside Ifema is more expensive than the normal one at only one Metro stop. Teally, you can compare. If you ever entered IFEMA, you will know that the prices of food there are airport wise, cause they know you cant go freely to a better place to eat, sou you are fucked up.

>>8763440
Yeah, that's the main point of costing 15€. You will pay for what? Jointo only has two fucking months to announce a lot of content, and it cant only be the "hurr durr cosplay teachings" and some random doujinshi artists. Maybe the ones that they hired in past events were worth the 7€ tag price, but 15€ for that, maybe not everybody will pay. Now they're entering the great league, and that implies a lot, but a real lot of content for their consumers, and we know how bad Jointo is making content for their consumers.
>>
>>8763607
Bring your food from home, fucktard.
>>
>>8763961
Like i talked only for me.

Maybe you dont realize lots of familys and young boys go, who in a first stance they dont plan to stay all day but they do, and so they dont bring food from home. There is more public than only us here.
>>
So...Barcelona cons are better than Madrid cons?
>>
>>8764832
Always. Only Gamesweek is not shitty.
>>
>>8764841
>when shit is better than deep shit
>>
>>8764832
>implying Saló is not shit
>>
>>8764849
Gamesweek is not shit WTF. It is held in IFEMA and it is as big as a USA con. It has a fuckton of games to try (new games of course) and most of those are not in the market yet. Besides you can buy games there. Salones del Manga are ratoneras in comparison.

Only elitechanes and putidivas say that con is "shit" and this is because that con doesn't lick cosplayers' asses. There are not too many cosplayers there anyways. Even the cosplay contest is new because cosplayers are starting to go there. Also the level of the few cosplayers there is so high elitechanes and putidivas pass unnoticed. You need to have a perfect cosplay from certain videogames in order to be taken in account in Gamesweek. Shanoa in fact was hired by Bioware and worked there as a cosplayer. Very few people in Spain have the appropriate cosplays and level to achieve something like this.
>>
>>8764857
Right now the Saló is again the best Salon del Manga from Spain, since they took the whole Fira to held it.
>>
>>8764865
>cosplayers are starting to go there
well, yes and no. Yes, but because MGM is not a fandombased con. Videogames are pretty popular and extensive to all people, and not everyone know what the hell is cosplay.

>shanoa was hired by bioware
She went there as a character from Destiny, from Activision
>>
>>8764878
She was hired by Bioware too, she announced it when it happened.
>>
Just curious, what would you like to see in Spanish manga cons? I mean, it seems international Cosplay guests are pretty popular, but besides cosplay what kind of new activities do you want? More important authors and stuff like that?
>>
>>8766687
Gluten-free food
>>
>>8766687
Yeah, something like that. Announcements are pretty impossibledue to licensings and that they preffer to announces new things at Barcelona. In past years, Nintendo and Bandai Namco brought us games before release wich was cool for the people who dont go to MGW.

But in the recent years, the real content has been watered down, trying to make it more appealing but just boring as hell.

Like, most of the guests are cosplayers... And.. .Well... As lot of people say, they are cool to watch, but if they only go to show off and give a panel, well, that's not really appealing to the vast majority of the con-goers-

Also, youtubers... It's obvious that they are pretty cheap and give cache to the most teens, but they are coming o a ridiculous quota and they only do one or two thins. Also, the trend is going too downhill that one they my brother will be a guest.

AEAC are asking for suggestons to new activities and i already suggested them the Free Mic we talked some theads before, when they gave mic and scenario to whoever they wanted to go, to appear and tell jokes or sing in the free hours.

Authors is always a hard thing, cause they have agenda problems. Yeah, i would like Hiroiko Araki come to Madrid but it will surely prefer to go to BArcelona cause their airport is more international or is the nearest spanish train station from Paris. Jointo tried to bring some hentai artists... But... That's just a bit lame considering their work never released here.

For last, i will say that they should look to the activities the associations bring to their cons and try to make them so they dont have to depend of voluntary staff. Shit, like making a videogame tournament is pretty easy, a quiz, dumb karaoke, a dating space for desperate otakus...
>>
>>8766711
I'm in for the free mic thing, free karaoke makes the visitors want to go upstage and creates some audience where there aren't any cosplay contests (btw, there was a LOT of spectators in this one).

And not only inviting authors, but also some bands. Some years ago I was in a "small" con in France (maybe as big as Expocomic) and they invited a small Japanese band I like. I'm not saying to invite Gackt, just small bands that would maybe like to do a concert in another country.
>>
>>8766714
Jointo did it with Hitt and 29Q... Sadly, they were... Wel... Pretty not very well know outside the subculture. And they did not very much to create expectations for visitor.
>>
>>8766721
That's a pity. In the case I'm talking about, they did a bit of advertising but not many people went to the concert.

But then, next year, they were invited to Japan Expo and they had a lot of audience.
>>
>>8766687
>>8766711
In cosplay stuff, I want to see only one good panel.

About other different activities I want to see more Odottemita exhibitions or contest. Well made Odottemita are really cool.

Youtubers would be nice, but the WELL youtubers. In Salón, Kalathras and 8cho went. They are otakus too, so that was on-topic youtubers. For example, in Gamesweek I would invited DayoScript, he's a great videogames reporter. He can do an amazing class about games.

And yes, authors is always a hard thing, but all the people enjoy that effort from organization.

But I don't want to see more stupid quiz or dumb makeup. It's just despair me.
>>
>>8766721
Agree about the bands/singers! More japanese bands and less spanish aidorus doing covers please
>>
>>8766687
Agree about the bands/singers, more japanese bands and less spanish aidorus doing covers please
>>
>>8766825
>>8767110
>>8767148
Niño rata: niño de primaria que juega a Minecraft, LOL o Call of Duty, que hablan a gritos, siguen a los youtubers mas famosos y van con la madre a todas partes ya que son niños de primaria y no pueden estar solos.
Otaku: fan del anime y el manga.
Otaco: gente no friki que finge que le gusta el anime y el manga.
>>
>>8766827
Si te aburre hacer cosas frikis no vayas a eventos frikis.
>>
File: 2015-12-13 16.14.48.jpg (113 KB, 500x632) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-13 16.14.48.jpg
113 KB, 500x632
Oh, i remember... Look who i found with the 3DS streePass... Some girl she said she was going to Korea this year to become a dancer. Guess the more far she will get from home is to Andorra
>>
>>8767289
Still has delicious muslos :3~
>>
>>8767289
Is Haru, oh, she is so miserable
>>
>>8767703
Stop shitposting anon
>>
>>8767206
>>8767209

Okay
>>
What the fuck did happened to all the posts?
>>
>36 post

What?
>>
>>8773006
>>8773115

Because you can't be fucked to stay English only.
>>
>>8773006
>>8773017
>>8773115
Because we shitpost a lot in Spanish
C'mon anons, our english isn't that bad
>>
>>8773472
>>8773480
Nice try, but there are still a lot of posts in Spanish.
>>
>>8773480
My english teacher didn't say that.
>>
>>8773556
>Before: 96 replies
>After: 36 replies
>All deleted replies are in spanish
topkek, anon
>>
If I do a spanish thread, spanish anons will comment or the thread will died like the last one?
We can talk about general cons and cosplayers.
>>
>>8773613
Again, there are posts in Spanish that were not deleted. Try a better excuse next time.
>>
>>8773944
These:

>>8767263
>>8767264

If you wanted to cover elitechans, you should have been smarter.
>>
>>8773613
You also deleted comments in English, btw. Like the one in which I said you were Gryphus covering elitechan. Come one, delete this post again. Way to show who you are and that you are covering your friends. When people made threads in which Thelema or any of those cosplayers were barely mentioned, you also run to delete the posts. Aren't you ashamed of licking asses to that point?
I'm watching you.
>>
>>8773951
Also, why do threads in another languages are not being deleted? I did saw some in portuguese, and sometimes I see threads in other languages, like german. They reach page 10 until they disappear.
Ultimately, the goal is avoid archived threads with comments that put elitechan to shame.
You can ban me if you want, I already saw your "alert". For what I care. I'll screen capture everything.
>>
>>8773960
Because they didn't talk in english
>>
>>8773946
>>8773944
>>8773951
Calm down, anons. I only saw two comments in Spanish and I supose the mods only skip it. I didn't know english comments were deleted too.
Elitechans? On a first time I didn't think it, it's just...oh, they're talk bad about me in 4chan, the normal shit. They'll spend time reporting and deleting comments? But after I remember Lirin reporting with no sense "fake" names in fb because she's feeling evil that day.
They're just assholes and persons without life
>>
>>8773556
>>8773944
Try again
>>
>>8773951

I don't know man, you could do something really edgy like, read the actual rules.
https://www.4chan.org/rules
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.