[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of cosplayers who use too much photoshop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: photoshop.png (520 KB, 808x296) Image search: [Google]
photoshop.png
520 KB, 808x296
What do you think of cosplayers who use too much photoshop?
>>
they are boring and their fans don't know what a human being looks like.

what about you, OP?
>>
Is that the thing that claims to be MtF?
>>
I don't understand why people do this. I photograph terribly and one of the most common things people who have seen me online say when they meet me IRL for the first time is "wow, you look so much prettier in person", I would be so fucking horrified if I knee people were thinking the opposite like with the types who shoop.
>>
>>8760314
yes

>>8760305
can't you just keep this in the anzujaamu thread? that thing's already become a people-who-abuse-photoshop thread.
>>
>>8760319
>can't you just keep this in the anzujaamu thread?
Think this the new one, can't find that previous thread.
>>
>>8760587
the anzu thread didn't autosage, it got deleted. and the discussion was moved to lolcow's /b/ board anyways.
>>
They can do what they want. It's digital makeup.

If they want to adjust their looks to cash in on fame or money, good on them for being realistic about the world.

All photos in the fashion world are shooped as well, and for the exact same reasons of fame and money. It's just organized on a corporate level.

That being said, poorly done shoop becomes obvious to everybody save idiots after a certain point.

If you find fault with fans tossing more money at a cosplayer as the level of shoop increases, then blame the fans. A fool and his money are soon parted, and all that.

"B-but it's LYING about their appearance and deception!"

If you think skin can look that naturally clear without shoop and/or makeup, I don't know what more to tell you.
>>
>>8760587
As if anzuu abused photoshop she looks the same in her videos
>>
>>8760305
I'm not a fan. I like to watch cosplay to see what people do in real life. With props, costumes, and makeup. As a digital artist, I know what can be done with a computer.
>>
>>8760939
take it to lolcow. this thread will be deleted eventually.
>>
I'm not really bothered by it. It's more their fans that I hate. It's mainly on insta but seeing fans doing anything to protect their fav costest person and saying that they're the best cosplayers in the world pisses me off. If you're not actually going to do anything more than a photoshopped makeup test, you're not cosplaying.
>>
>>8760305
Honestly it makes me feel really bad.

Most of these people usually look fine without photoshop. A bit of shoop I understand, we all do it. But when they go so far to change their body or facial features I can't help but just feel so bad that their self image is that low.
>>
>>8760305
all that jaw and chin shopping and she couldn't do something about those weird ass eyebrows?
>>
Her fake chin looks worse than her real one
>>
>>8760305
I think they use too much photoshop.
/thread.
>>
>>8761027
This so much. I can admit I am jealous of the attention they get, because I work hard as a cosplayer. When I see people who literally throw on a wig and shop a costume or wear a random T-Shirt get thousands of likes and comments like "You da best cosplay 5everrrr". Just makes me role my eyes so hard I feel like they'll never come back.
>>
that ekkibunny shoop omg
i didn't even recognize her in that video
>>
>>8760613
the thread's been moved to /snow/ just fyi.

>>8762536
Ngl I'm jelly too. Especially when they do so many shooped costests that they end up getting sponsored by a cosplay company who sends them free costumes so they can do shooped costests with the neckline of the costume at the bottom of the photo.
>>
>>8760305
She's not even bad looking without the shoop. Jfc.
>>
I'm so happy I'm not a square face like OP girl.
>>
File: image.jpg (593 KB, 1942x2560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
593 KB, 1942x2560
>>8762936
Why? Square faces can be beautiful. They're God mode for crossplay, too.

I think she is cute but she's making an awkward face in OP's pic due to it being a screenshot.
>>
>>8762987
As someone with a square face this honestly made my day, I'm extremely insecure about it so I sort understand why people like eikkibunny shoops. Not that I support altering the way you look to the point you don't look like the same person, but I do get the cause that starts it
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 400x400
>>8763009
>this honestly made my day
Good. :) Keira Knightly is another example of a beautiful square face. I don't think there's any face shape that automatically makes a person ugly. It's sad that there are people out there like anon who think that way, because it just makes other people insecure when they really shouldn't be, like Eikkibunny for example. She looks leagues better with her natural face shape.
>>
>>8762639
I tried watching the video and my god her voice is so annoying. I met her at a con once and I didn't recognize her and Ethan. Ethan's huge IRL and they both have like zero personality.
>>
>>8763097
are either of them actually trans or are they transtrenders?
>>
>>8763009
Anon, I'm a square face too. I always really loved my face shape because it was different. I have a kind of unique look about me, and people compliment me on it.

embrace your square shape! You're gorgeous. <3
>>
File: 45435.jpg (171 KB, 664x1000) Image search: [Google]
45435.jpg
171 KB, 664x1000
>>8760305
As long as they don't lie about, I don't care as cosplay photography can be seen as art anyways, there are lots of japanese cosplayers that shoop a shitton purely for the sake of uncanny-valley art.

Scarlet Hiiro (a dude) is best known for that, pic related.
>>
>>8763475
WHAT IS THAT THING
>>
>>8763449
I'm pretty sure Eikki is a cis girl claiming to be MtF
>>
>>8763449
Ethan is actually trans. He's been very open about being on hrt, uses he/him pronouns, dresses and acts masculine, etc. Ri on the other hand insisted she was a girl until being nonbinary became trendy and then suddenly she was nb and uses they/them instead of she/her. Other than being "nb", she acts completely like a woman so my verdict is that she's faking it but Ethan is legit.
>>
>>8763475

I love this cosplayer so much, it shows how unrealistic anime proportions are, it brings me life
>>
>>8763506
Same, their photos used to weird me out when I first saw them but now I actually like what he does
>>
>>8760905
>If you think skin can look that naturally clear without shoop and/or makeup, I don't know what more to tell you.

I agree but there's also a huge difference between touching your face/body up here and there and making yourself look like a completely different person like the pic in >>8760305.

When you abuse photoshop to the point that you don't even look like you, what's the point? PS is otherwise nice if you want to enhance or fix a few small problem areas but I really don't understand what there is to gain in making yourself look like a whole new person. It's going to be obvious since rarely do such drastic shoops look realistic and people are just going to be disappointed when they see you in person and notice that you don't even look the same or can't even recognize you.
>>
>>8763449
Ri is 100% transtrender.
Ethan is FtM and actually decently passes, but it doesn't make him any less tubby and ugly.
>>
>>8760305
I think photoshop is fine because it levels the playing field and lets girls who have less attractive faces / features compete with natural beautiful people, where otherwise they would just be shunned by the communities.

Less photoshop = only naturally pretty people get noticed.
>>
>>8764804
Except once you get found out about how much you shoop you'll be shunned anyway. And the naturally pretty people are already getting noticed a lot more.
So you're basically talking out of your ass.
>>
>>8764848
you could just not be a bitch about it you know
>>
>>8764860
They're being honest. It's pretty sad that people would think about it as leveling a playing field as if they somehow become beautiful with Photoshop. It's not a competition when you've already lost.
Photoshop is fine if you're editing some skin faults and lighting issues but if you start to do it to alter your beauty then you're going in the wrong direction.
>>
I showed my 13 year old cousin this girls instagram and told her how much she edits her chin and she thought it was so hilarious she literally lol'ed
>>
>>8764804
>naturally pretty
>implying caking your face with makeup is "natural"

>>8764848
If they're honest about it in the first place and don't go overboard, less people will mind, and those that do you just have to ignore.
>>
>>8763475
lmaooooooo
that's some extreme photoshop
it doesn't even look good ewwwwww
>>
>>8764804
>only natural people get noticed
the way god intended
>>
File: lolshop3.jpg (59 KB, 486x756) Image search: [Google]
lolshop3.jpg
59 KB, 486x756
>>8763475
>>
>>8764938
That's actually very true. The better I get at makeup the "prettier" a cosplayer I become. It's not natural.
>>
>>8764934
Nobody cares
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 640x640
Ahripop is my favorite transformation
>>
>>8774908
gtfo no one cares about your shitty vendetta
>>
>>8775356
Ahripop is a popular lolcow, idiot.
>>
>>8775356
You sound new
>>
>>8774908
She isn't too bad looking without the shoop.

Fucking weebs. Being white is so much better than being Asian. This is why we need more white supremacy in this country and ban anything from piss-skin Asia to protect our white youth.
>>
>>8776397
>bitching about Asians on a Vietnamese cartoon board
>>
>>8776424
Are you trying to troll? -100/10
>>
>>8774908
would bang
>>
>>8776397
They forget that asians are trying to be white.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.