[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
Old Thread a kill>>8750376

Comm Thread >>8744550
Closet of Frills Thread >>8755493
Coord Help >>8738411
Dream Dress Thread >>8751124
Dumb Questions >>8737527
Handmade Thread >>8705820
International Lolita Day >>8734946
Lucky Packs >>8756986
Price Check Thread >>8683617
Worn Thread >>8690934
Brolita Thread >>8713032
Boystyle Thread >>8697142

Lolita Guidebook
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/

Angelic Pretty Tea Party happend, lots of new prints have been shown, yet not much pictures.
>>
Do you think the new prints will be shown at the AP SF tea party?
>>
What programs do you gulls use to draw and create your own custom prints? I have an idea for a forest print with centipedes and spiders and mushrooms but I have no idea where to start
>>
>>8757054
That print is pretty bleh. It looks like something a Taobao brand would put out.
>>
>>8757147
Adobe has CS2 available for a free license since it's so old, but I don't have the link. I heard it works just as well as newer versions.
>>
>>8757274
Speak for yourself, I think it's fabulous.
>>
Are comms generally accepting of things like chronic illness, or are there going to be secrets about me?
>>
>>8757316
They generally don't mind as long as you stay casual and try not to be a special snowflake about it. If questions are asked about your illness, then you have the right to answer them and inform them. Just don't randomly splurge it out of nowhere.
>>
>>8757316
As long as you don't make everything about yourself and your illness, be a special snowflake, and expect everyone to accommodate you, you should be fine. Why even mention it tho?
>>
>>8757127
Nope, apusa gets no love. Maybe if Maki and Asuka showed up, but overall they get nothing.
>>
>>8757322
>>8757324
I usually don't do things like that, so I guess I should be fine. As for why I'd mention it- people always ask me what I do, whether I'm still in uni, have a job, whatever. I don't want to say I don't do anything without explanation and end up coming across as a lazy NEET, that's honestly my biggest fear. I'd rather just straight up tell the truth, even if I don't like talking about it.
>>
Trying to be a responsible adult and limit the spending next year so, looking like that donut dress is all I'm getting
>>
>>8757274
Taobao brands wouldn't stop at donuts, they'd have to throw in some skulls, church windows, and crosses
>>
>>8757331
Honestly? Nobody will give a shit as long as you don't whinge about it.
>>
>venting

is anyone else having major mail issues? i know the holidays are rough, but i have about 10 packages coming since mid novemeber and none of them have moved. about to leave the country for winter holidays and i expected at least 3 of these to get here by now. only freaking out cause one of them is my dream dress..
>>
>>8757402
I had loads of weird shit happen with post last year. I was waiting on something from somewhere that would normally take a week, expecting it around the start of December, and didn't get it until after New Year's. Christmas fucks the postal system hard.
>>
>>8757402
>order dress from takoyaki Nov 19
>order skirt from seller in Australia Nov 25
>order dress from WW Nov 25

The skirt from Australia showed up more than a week ago. The dress from takoyaki arrived yesterday. The package from WW arrived today. Overpriced af but at least they do a good job shipping lmao
>>
>>8757402
having tons of USPS issues as of late when usually my local post office is pretty good. one package I sent out has gone missing in the mail or something and has been circling three states (including my own) and not actually reaching the state it was going to, nor being returned to me, so I'm pretty livid right now. I sent an email about it on Saturday and still no reply despite their stated reply timeframes...
>>
>>8757274

Its okay anon, I agree with you. I first saw this on my tumblr dash and that was my assumption, until I read "AP."

Its just a worse version of Melty Donuts
>>
>>8757402
I had 2 items get lost within a month and USPS has been very shitty in terms of customer service. They can take your money with no issue but can't do a goddamn thing when the items get lost.
>>
>>8757580
Yeah, their shitty customer service is really pissing me off too. But does filing a complaint against them do fucking anything? Even if they owe you a refund for shipping or whatever?
>>
>>8757597
You can file for a missing item after 2 weeks but in my experience they end up canceling the claim. I just call them every day until it gets sorted out if it's a big parcel that got lost. I'm also never using USPS again if I can help it. I have a FedEx business account and the rates are pretty fair. I've never had issues with them. They are also a guaranteed service whereas USPS is not (hence why they deliver items late very often)
>>
I'm looking for some western jewellery/accessory stores that have a quirky vibe that would work well with lolita and/or otome. Ideas?
>>
>>8757617
Betsey Johnson?
>>
>>8757402
>buy dress from Japan last Monday
>dress arrives 2 days ago
>buy dress from girl who lives ~3 hours from me
>USPS gets turned around twice and ends up sending it to another state, then back to her because of a "system failure"
>almost a month now and dress just arrived today
It's definitely not her fault, I have all the receipt information and tracking stuff. Crazy how the postal service can get me a box from halfway around the world in a week but takes a month to drive something down a couple highways.
>>
>>8757402
I mailed a dress to a girl last week and tracking info still hasn't updated beyond "acceptance"
>>
I got a carrier notice last week that my package arrived from Japan and will be waiting at the post office since I wasn't there to sign. Now it can't be found and might have been returned. I am fucking pissed.
>>
Damn I ordered something from the US recently, guess I am screwed.
>>
>>8757790
Oh god, anon. I'm so sorry. That's awful and infuriating. One of my packages from Japan is sitting at my post office right now and my dress from WW is on its way and will also probably end up at the post office. If they lose either one I'll be fucking livid because I ordered both items WELL before thanksgiving and I've been waiting long enough.
>>
>>8757771
The thing that sucks the most is mail from Japan is cheap but USPS sucks and is expensive to boot.
>>
>>8757147
>>8757295
I just downloaded that version last week. You'll need to create an Adobe account first before it'll let you download it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html
>>
Can someone answer my question from >>8757727 ? I only have less than twoish hours left to prepare so I just want everything to go smoothly as possible.
>>
>>8757617
Try some etsy shops maybe?
What kind of themes are you looking for?
Food, animals, musical instruments?
>>
>>8757870
Pretty sure you have to wait for the invoice.
>>
>>8757872
Alright, cool. Thanks anon. You made me feel better.
>>
>>8757733
I was thinking of that one but forgot the name!
>>8757871
I have a thing for berries, food, bunnies and flowers. Country lolita stuff ++
>>
>>8757870
That anon >>8757872 is right, they send you a confirmation with all the payment informaton, and you have a week or so to pay.
>>
>>8757617
Just throwing a few ideas for quirky jewelry out there off the top of my head
>Tatty Devine (namely their wood pieces)
>Materia Rica
>Cath Kidston
>By Emily
>Bill Skinner
>TADAM!
>Anna Siivonen
>Olivia Burton for watches

Goldie Rox has a burger locket for any budding burgerlitas out there.

If anyone else reading is looking for creepy/quirky, momocreatura does some unique stuff.
>>
>>8757914
>Goldie Rox has a burger locket for any budding burgerlitas out there.
I'm so fucking glad that Burgerlita is becoming a thing. I'm a line cook and I want to do a burger coord.
>>
>>8757914
Thanks so much, anon! Seems like most of these are outside of my price range (I have a $50 limit, my aunt wants to buy me something with it), but still gorgeous!
>>
>>8757897
I like tiny food stuff a lot so here's a few for you, on etsy
>Once Upon a Cookie
>Neat Eats
>OhLuckyCharm
>MouseMarket
>>
この商品は只今売切れです。
all my suffering
>>
Was the garter ever a thing? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

If I can, I'd love to have one commissioned at least
>>
>>8757914
Taratata is pretty awesome too
>>
>>8757948
In that case, maybe Tarina Tarantino? She's still around, and even still making the sweet lolita Hello Kitty jewelry. Plus, there's a sale.
>>
>>8757924
This just screams ita. Don't do it.
>>
File: a3551356299_10.jpg (91 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
a3551356299_10.jpg
91 KB, 525x525
>>8757924
It's not becoming a thing. Kids today, not knowing about Burgerlita circa 2008.
>>
do open toe shoes ever work with lolita? i see some from secretshop sometimes, they look cute but i know a lot of people don't like the tights + sandals look.

any coord examples where this works?
>>
>>8758887
Nah

This isn't 2007, you can't just wear bare arms and sandals. Even if they're brand, it's not lolita-appropriate
>>
File: momoko.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1719) Image search: [Google]
momoko.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1719
>>8758914
Momoko says hello.
>>
>>8758887
Socks and sandals is a western faux pas. Japanese girls actually do this more often then not in regular fashion.
I honestly want to see someone make it work in lolita. I'll try and find some examples anon.
>>
File: o0480064012606896295.jpg (126 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
o0480064012606896295.jpg
126 KB, 480x640
>>8758973
Here's a few anon.
>>
File: 895.jpg (84 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
895.jpg
84 KB, 240x320
>>8758988
>>
File: 687.jpg (45 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
687.jpg
45 KB, 217x320
>>8758993
>>
>>8758973
I know I see it more in himekaji than anything
>>
File: o0480064012566038504.jpg (132 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
o0480064012566038504.jpg
132 KB, 480x640
>>8758996
>>
>>8758988
It looks like shit though
>>8758993
These looks are very outdated
>>
what happened to the tea party club calender previews?
>>
>>8758988
>>8758993
>>8758996
>>8759001
thanks for the examples anon, these don't look super cohesive- but the 3rd example is something like what I was considering for the summer. Maybe something with country lolita?

>>8758973
it's definitely more prominent in japan, but it's usually during the very hot and humid months that you see it the most. sometimes the heat and moisture make my feet feel gross even in flip flops, so I can definitely see the benefits of some sheer socks.
>>
>>8759007
oh fuck off
>>
>>8759048
Not even that anon, but it does. There's a reason no one does it in the west.
>>
>>8759007
Isn't it funny that the fashion has gotten more and more restrictive as time has gone by?
>>
>>8759048
If you want to dress himegyaru or whatever the fuck that is, that's fine, but it doesn't look dressy enough for lolita
>>
>>8759067
You mean better? The fashion now is much more thoughtful and coordinated than it was when I first got into it. It makes sense and looks cohesive
>>
>>8759067
No it hasn't. It has gotten far more lax with what you can use in an outfit. But socks and shoes is an issue outside of Lolita in the west hence the struggle.
>>
>>8759045
Yeah, not the best examples, just what I could find with a quick search. I do like the look with no socks best, but I think that's just because I grew up being taught it looks bad with socks. It doesn't look near as terrible anon is making it out to be.
You definitely should experiment, it would look cute in summer coords.
>>
>>8759073
More lax? Even with the strict rules on pairing blouses with everything, no sandals, enforced use of OTK/underskirts, etc?
>>
>>8756685
What style items do you have? If your items are that old school, I'd love hearing what pieces you have. Always need more old school. Email me?
>>
>>8759088
I think you are confusing bitching on cgl with 'rules'.

There used to be a time where it was auto ita to wear shoes that were not lolita shoes. Loliable shoes are a relatively recent thing. Even a few years ago heels were iffy, but it actually was that you needed to wear the 2-3 style that were made for the fashion, and this was again before brands really experimented with other styles as well so it was very much you get the choice of mary janes for a while as that was the closest most people could get to brand before overseas shipping was a thing. This is also the case with loliable things in general, there is more leeway in what you can bring from offbrand and more stores that are accepted as loliable. The fact that you can even suggest sandals as something to wear in lolita is a sign of how different it has become.

With blouses it has gotten very lax. Of course there is personal opinion but there is no longer scoffing at the idea of wearing a jsk without a blouse and there is more understanding of weather that would lead to that being a thing. As well brands are still making cuts that look weird with a blouse. Chiffon is a recent trend in both mainstream and lolita for blouses.

Otks just got to be outdated as they are hard to get to look right, there is no 'enforced' usage besides personal opinion. Underskirts never were a big thing until the OTT classic thing happened, and certainly not something that people did for other styles besides classic until then. People have suggested underskirts for taller people but it never really has been implemented until now.
>>
>>8759088
We've probably seen in the recent years more regular variation in skirt lengths, sock lengths, shoe styles, headpieces, accessories/props, textiles, trims, and colour palettes than ever before. Literally the only "rule" you mentioned that is actually a thing is no sandals, and open-toed footwear has always been controversial in lolita.
>>
>>8759123
>no longer scoffing at the idea of wearing a jsk without a blouse
I remember seeing people complain about this last year. That was fast.
>>
Not sure if I should post here or the dumb questions thread, but how often do you gulls wear individual pieces? Like if you buy a JSK do you wear it 3 times a year, more, less?

I want to buy a very distinctive print, but I'm afraid I'll wear it too much and get laughed at. Perhaps I should just buy a printless gown and change up the accessories- or is that frowned upon too? How big does your wardrobe need to be to not be overused?
>>
File: 3927.jpg (26 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
3927.jpg
26 KB, 320x240
>>8759123
>The fact that you can even suggest sandals as something to wear in lolita is a sign of how different it has become.

These are from 2011...
>>
>>8759145
2011 was not that long ago when we are talking about how the fashion has changed over the years, and as stated sandals and socks as an issue is something we have in the west not in Japan. Look for sandals in the early 2000s and discussions about what is lolita then and you will see how much restrictions did exist.
>>
>>8759143
Dont worry too much about it all. As long as you feel like it is worth it to buy the dress go for it. People who can wear it daily and have lots of events will wear it more often than those who cant do it besides a big event now and then.

Its a fashion and it is your clothes. It is okay to wear things multiple times and it is okay to wear the same look multiple times too. Not every coordinate will be different, that is not realistic.
>>
>>8759167
It's hard to find anything from the brands before 2007. The internet was just starting to take off in the 2000s. Of course you can't find anything.
>>
Holy Lantern time again http://yaplog.jp/ap-tokyo/archive/9969
>>
>>8759328
>no navy
That was the only colour I really wanted. Damn it, AP.
>>
>>8759328
>right when I spent all my money on christmas gifts for my SS
>thisisfine.png
>>
OMG. JetJ is on Ali!
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/50s-Princess-Royal-Vintage-Retro-Fantasy-Oil-Painting-Floral-Print-High-Waist-Midi-Skirt-Full-Circle/32391726699.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.127.XcEYA7&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2_79_78_77_82_80_62,searchweb201644_0,searchweb201560_8
>>
>>8759142
Gee you think that means maybe the community isn't a hivemind? Different people can have different opinions? Amazing.
>>
>>8759143

If you're looking for a versatile dress you can wear to multiple meetups, look for a jsk that can be dressed up or toned down. That way you should be able to get at least a handful of distinct, different coordinates that look completely different every time you show up to a meetup. Specifically jsks, or skirts, because they can be changed up a lot just by changing the blouse/cardi/bolero/vest/bustier you pair them with. Onepieces are the ones that tend to be rather single-note because it can be hard to change up the way they look.

The print won't matter as much because you'll look different every time you show up.

As for the accessories, different jewellery don't do a lot of change up the look. What you want is a variety of blouses, cardis, boleros, dickeys, underskirts, bustiers, vests (the last two if you picked a skirt). These things will completely change the look of a jsk/skirt. Just make sure you have a wardrobe where most things go with each other, and you'll be able to make a lot of different coords, even with just two or three jsks.
>>
>>8759398
this is old news and not actually JetJ
>>
>>8759328
I don't even like it anymore... Played out. I can't wait to see all the yellow and pink British Bear coords
>>
>>8759427
Seconding. It helps a TON to stick with complementary colors (2-3) so that you can mix and match. I think a good/cheap starter wardrobe would be one JSK, one skirt, two blouses, one bolero/cardigan, one pair of shoes, three types of legwear (lacy tights, OTKs, ankle socks), three types of headwear (headbow, floral, hat), a purse, and 2-3 accessories (gloves, wristcuffs, faux fur stole/shawl). I would get either the skirt or JSK in a distinctive print, but I'd have the other be non-print in a complementary color.
>>
>>8759328
HOLY LANTERN HOLY LANTERN HOLY LANTERN HOLY LANTERN HOLY LANTERN HOLY LANTERN HOLY LANTERN HOLY LANTERN HOLY
>>
Looks like AP USA will still do that whole ticket system
>>
File: 120530240019.png (412 KB, 501x584) Image search: [Google]
120530240019.png
412 KB, 501x584
I haven't seen it talked about yet, but I'm really excited for this carousel print from Meta. I love the scalloped collar.
>>
File: 120530230069-up2.png (592 KB, 501x584) Image search: [Google]
120530230069-up2.png
592 KB, 501x584
>>8759632
Some of the animals in the dress. Tigers!
>>
>>8759143
It's CLOTHING. It's supposed to be worn more than once.
>>
>>8759328
I'm just tired of holy lantern at this point.
>>
>>8759143
Anon, lolita is just clothes, you wear it the same way you wear regular clothes. I try not to wear the same dress multiple times in a row to keep them from getting dirty too quickly, so I usually rotate through my dresses and just wear blouses multiple times and wash them after 1-2 wears. Obviously everyone knows you don't have infinite dresses, just wear them when you like. No one will laugh at you.
>>
>>8759639
i just want the animals as brooches
>>
>>8759639
Leave it to quirky aunt meta to make a carousel print with tigers.
I love it, Meta has been great this year.
>>
File: wsyaXkl.png (372 KB, 550x462) Image search: [Google]
wsyaXkl.png
372 KB, 550x462
>>8759328
>>
File: 120530230069.png (452 KB, 501x584) Image search: [Google]
120530230069.png
452 KB, 501x584
>>8759632
Meta why are you like this. I would never wear this color but it looks really fucking cute in this cut. And the tigers!
>doushu.jpg
>>
>>8759815

> tfw just bought Btssb bunny LP
> FUCKING Meta
> that fucking tiger

Man I would of skipped the LP if I knew Meta would release this. It's such a cute print and feels very different even if it has the same theme of carousels like every other print that has carousels
>>
File: 154726-m-01-dl.jpg (40 KB, 345x437) Image search: [Google]
154726-m-01-dl.jpg
40 KB, 345x437
IW what in the holy fucking hell is this print
>>
>>8759846
A fine commentary on modern day Christianity in Japan and how it relates to the romanticization of chaste women in both the Religion itself and the minds of Japanese men particularly those found in niche interests.
>>
>>8759846
This cross thing has really gotten out of hand.
>>
File: 154726-m-09-dl.jpg (25 KB, 345x437) Image search: [Google]
154726-m-09-dl.jpg
25 KB, 345x437
>>8759850
but wait, the lace is also.....crosses....
>>
>>8759815
Tiger, horse, swan, deer, pegasus and rabbit. They just picked whatever and slapped it on, huh?
>I love it
>>
>>8759815
Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a cheap bodyline dress?
>>
>>8759846

>I love this
>>
File: U5WiN.jpg (270 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
U5WiN.jpg
270 KB, 700x1200
>>8759893
>>
>>8759328
>>8759374
> no navy

Seconding this anon.
>>
Question about Juliette et Justine: When you place an order through their webshop and you want to pay with paypal, do you have to pay right away or is there a payment deadline for a few days like other brands have? And if there is a payment deadline, how long is it exactly?
>>
>>8759328
Fucking hell AP. Thanks for no notice as usual.
>>
>>8760061
They did say they would open up the MTO again. You just didnt believe in them.
>>
i'm livid, a seller told me my item was shipped over two weeks ago (i needed the item by a specific date) and i was just told now that they made a mistake and my item was not shipped at all.

i still want the item, but i'm frustrated with the blatant misinformation they gave me. now the event i wanted it for has passed and the item risks arriving when i am away from home on vacation (worst time).

what's the right thing to do in this situation? should i demand a refund?
>>
>>8760095
I dont think you should ask for money, but they should get negative for that lack of care. At this point if they have shipped it out already it is too late to do anything about the timing but if not talk to them about the concern. It may be best to wait a bit to ship to make sure you can get it or get a different address to ship to such as family or a friend so someone can pick it up.
>>
>>8758887
General consensus is no. Personally I think sandals with socks can be really cute but admittedly I'm a filthy weeb who probably spend too much time looking at Japanese street snaps, where it's quite common.
>>
any seagull has had personal experience with phantom and the maiden? this new op of theirs is very tempting and old school-ish, i've seen a few reviews here and there but wanted to ask here as well...
>>
>>8759815
>>8759893
Nah anon I think it's fugly too. And not fugly in an Oh Meta You Card way, but fugly in a way that makes me wonder if this was designed by a new intern or something.
>>
So, I've been out of the loop for a bit over a year. Anything important that I missed out on? Drama, new releases (I wear gothic)?
>>
>>8759846
it looks like the Futurama opening scene, I can hear the tune in my head
>>
File: 1366742817_7521_opening.jpg (39 KB, 467x350) Image search: [Google]
1366742817_7521_opening.jpg
39 KB, 467x350
>>8760311
Now I can't unsee it
>>
>>8759854

Ok I want to know what the hell a cross means in Japan now.
>>
>>8759846
>finally Castlevania lolita can be a thing
>>
>>8760347
same thing the British flag or French words mean. lolita is inspired by European fashion and adding such symbols increases the connotation.
>>
File: 1420235083328.png (170 KB, 358x359) Image search: [Google]
1420235083328.png
170 KB, 358x359
>>8760080
Yeah, I kinda did since it was supposed to be a month ago. Oh well.
>>
>>8760357

I get that it's just them using European symbolism because the fashion takes inspiration from European historical trends, but you don't see nearly as many french words plastered all over gowns. They're there, but compared to the cross it's like goddamn.

Do you suppose they even know some of the symbolism of the cross or is it now just another shape that means "legit European"?
>>
>>8760254
it's not like theres an archive or anything...
>>
>>8759328

>no pino colorway

Well you aren't getting my money this time AP
>>
>>8760441

Wait nevermind I'm just retarded
>>
>>8760376
No, Japan just really likes symbols. It doesn't mean anything to them.
>>
>>8759814
Underrated post
>>
>>8760061
I guess they did give us "notice", but that announcement was out of nowhere. AP is so all over the place with how much time they give before the actual date. If they gave like 3 weeks or even 2 for most of us with a defined date, I think there'd be more hit releases and some of us could scrap together some money.
>>
>>8760529
Exactly. Give us some breathing room between releases, damn.
>>
>>8759849
Pretty much

And crap, IW is looking more and more like Taobao brands. Is it still trying not to look like MM?
>>
>>8760529
>If they gave like 3 weeks or even 2 for most of us with a defined date, I think there'd be more hit releases

You're talking about AP. You know, the one brand that almost always sells out of a release straight away.
>>
>>8760376
>Do you suppose they even know some of the symbolism of the cross or is it now just another shape that means "legit European"?

Crosses have been in lolita since day one. It's just that more brands have been using them lately.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 636x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 636x262
>>8759893
I like both (bodyline and brand), lines are getting blurry
>>
>>8759328
does the zipper jsk seem more high waisted than before or is it me? Damn it AP
>>
>>8760581
the bodyline one is significantly uglier
>>
>>8759846
Tacky garbage. IW is really disappointing me with this trend.

>>8759893
Nope.
>>
>>8760123
I've ordered from them and my experience was positive. They are kind of blunt with how they talk (I think just bc of the language barrier), but my order was easy and I was really pleased with the dress I got from them.

I think most reviews I've seen are a bit older now, so I like to imagine they've improved since then. I ordered from them this year.
>>
>>8760529
But the Chinese can afford it at the pace it is right now
>kek
>>
>>8760095
Once you have the tracking number, you might be able to arrange with the post office to hold your item or deliver it to your workplace or a friend's place. Also, leave negative feedback.
>>
>>8760376

I guess why are there so many yin-yang symbols everywhere in Western culture? It's pretty much become shorthand for 'oh Chinese.' Same concept really. I don't get why people don't get the same idea crosses over to other cultures.
>>
>>8760733
thanks anon! ive read the less than positive reviews but still want to try them out just because they're so affordable and the designs are so nice
>>
File: 1445714589234.jpg (37 KB, 275x268) Image search: [Google]
1445714589234.jpg
37 KB, 275x268
I fucking hate selling on FB.
>"oh, I really want that dress. But I have to ask my boyfreind he pays it. Welp he doesn't like it, what a pity I love it so much!"
>what. pay your own stuff bitch

>"Hey, are you willing to haggle with that dress?"
>"Yes, what's your offer?"
>offers 60$ less than orginal price.
>all my wat, nope.
>"oh then what about that other dress you selling, you willing to lower the price on that one?"
>Bitch, do you even know what you want?
>>
>>8760573
>>8760573
You're right, but I feel like some releases could've done even better. Horror Garden is a great example of that. Everyone was so hyped for it, but the original HL MTO stole it's thunder. Everyone was kind of broke after it, so HG was really downplayed. It didn't help they had an awful release date once again (Halloween itself).

It sold out upon release, but some of the JSKs got restocked later on and actually sat there for quite a while. I think it made it appear as though demand wasn't as great as it could've been, even though it sold out initially. They probably just sat there because people didn't have money to throw at yet another gothic AP print.
>>
>>8760940
it seems the black OP is still holding popularity, though
>>
>>8760904
Or my personal favorite excuse that I only get over FB

>"That's my dream dress I've been looking for it forever!!!2 I'll have to get back to you next week when I get paid/when my animals aren't dying/whatever bullshit excuse I can make up"
>my items are retail or lower
>no response ever again
>>
>>8760904
i'm sorry but i lel'd
>>
>>8760958
Pet emergencies as excuses make me rage. Don't get a pet if you can't afford it.
>>
>>8760954
Black sold out first both for the op and jsk. Even they released more the black sold out while the rest lingered. Even now you can get the other colours from stores according to the site for the jsk at least.
>>
>>8759328
Since this is the second round of the MTO, how much do you think HL will sell for after the dresses get mailed out in March? They're still well above retail on auction sites. I'm wondering because I wanted to get another JSK but am debating if I should wait to snag one for a lower price secondhand.
>>
>>8760974
I want to know to, I have a jsk, but I want an op secondhand.
>>
>>8759632
>>8759639
I'm dying right now, I had no idea they were releasing this. I wish I knew about it when it was on pre-order.
>>
>>8760974
Dumb people will try for 600. However, I still see it being between 300-400 personally.
>>
>>8760974

There's a black one hanging out on closet child for 48,800 yen. I have no idea what its actual market price should be though, but I'm guessing less than that price.

http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/90334
>>
>>8761035
300-400 is what I was envisioning too. It's a popular print, and people might not intend to sell theirs.
>>
Just sitting here with my wine, watching the Dutchess...where the fucks my AB shipment notification? I wanna be a kawaii December witch ffs
>>
>>8761113
I got mine yesterday.
>>
>>8761113
I got mine yesterday so they're starting to go out.
>>
I have a stupid question but I need the help,

How can I tell if an ebay wig will be good? All I want is a milk tea colored bob or boob-length wig, from taobao or ebay.. but I'm stupid and dont know how to tell if a wig will be good or not.
>>
How would I go about contacting WW about an order? Just reply to the confirmation email they sent me? My package has just passed a month in customs in the US, and the post office told me I have to contact the seller and have them make an inquiry on the package.
>>
Does anyone know if PepFox is re-releasing their tea series dress + if they'll bring the pins out since they did a pre-order.
>>
File: 2015-12-11_21.12.33.jpg (24 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-11_21.12.33.jpg
24 KB, 480x480
>>8761113
Same here except woth some beer and Marie Antoinette.
What are all you gulls getting? This is the first time ive ordered from them.
>>
>>8759846
Jesus has Risen kei.
>>
>>8761193
Please god that they are. I really like that dress
>>
Secrets are up.
>>
>>8761235
There was a group called Christian_kei back in the LJ days
>>
>>8759328
Goddamn, I think I'm going to buy it.
>>
>>8761591

Eh, is it just me or were they pretty lackluster today?

And wtf is up with the horrible grammar and spelling so many of them have? Is this a joke I'm not aware of?
>>
>>8760974
I don't see people paying more than $250 once the MTO stuff gets shipped out, and the value can only go down from there. Yes, it's popular, but it's going to be fucking everywhere next year, and once AP comes out with a big release everyone's gonna try to dump their HLs as fast as possible, especially girls who bought multiple dresses. In any case, I'm really interested to see what the effects of the MTO will be next summer.
>>
>>8761257
I want that grey one so badly.
>>
>>8760376
They aren't have a large portion of Christians in their population, and the ones they do have are much more of a quiet minority. They don't really understand the meaning of the cross at all. Since many Westerns wear the cross by almost a compulsion, it is seen as a fashion accessory to outsiders; it is worn on necklaces and earrings, and used for "pretty" illustrations. So, to those who are so far removed from the religious institutions... there is no real religious connotations. Monks and priestesses are seen as a lifestyle choice, and the fashion derived by their wear has always been an influence and been influenced by more contemporary fashion. So, to them, the Nun and Priest wear are the same thing. They take inspiration from it because it is a fashion cut from Western civilization. They don't care that Westerners are squirming because it is too similar, and why should they? In the end, I think the brands are right to treat it all as just a fashion choice. I'm a Christian, I wear a cross on a daily basis. The cross means something to me, but if a brand wants to make something beautiful with crosses on lace... it doesn't make me uncomfortable because it isn't like they are sticking it upside down or saying you will burst into flames if you wear it w/o the belief. It really is just a symbol by then, and that is okay. It shows how pervasive the religion is in society. To the Japanese, taking fashion cues from nuns and priests is like taking fashion cues from Victoria stamp cards or paintings depicting Marie Antionette. Western Lolitas picking it apart sounds a lot like tumblr's screaming about cultural appropriation, which it is, and it isn't a big deal in this instance because it was treated imperialistically and now it is just one of those things.

tl;dr—crosses and religious-garments are just a fashion wear to the brands. They like it, they are making it. If you don't like it, don't buy it and buy something else.
>>
>>8761973
Personally, I can't wait. I don't love HL enough to buy it MTO, but I'll snag it under its MTO value when girls dump theirs.
>>
>>8762005
You'll still have to wait a while. People may want to hang on until Halloween at least before cycling it out for the next big thing, and it depends on which cuts and colors end up being most sought-after. I think blackxblack will be most likely to keep or increase its value, and red will end up cheapest.
>>
>>8762016
>red will end up cheapest
I'm glad you think so. I will patiently wait for a cheap red high waisted jsk then.
>>
>>8759849
Marry me.

Between this and pic related I can see future meets having the same aesthetic as a the living room of a god-obsessed old hispanic lady.
>>
>>8762040
>borrowing abuelita's shawl for my coord
>>
>>8762049
>not borrowing her mantilla
>>
>>8762049
>>
>>8760968
I mean, I understand getting pissy about people using pets as excuses, but I would assume having to spend hundreds of dollars on pet healthcare means you probably should wait on buying a multi-hundred dollar dress..? Unless you have enough income to not care, but if that was the case, they wouldn't be making an excuse.
>>
>>8759328
damn, i feel really happy for the people who like this dress but there's going to be way too many shit coords now that everyone and their mom owns it.
>tfw all i wanted was a misty sky mto
>>
>>8761999
semi-related but how does one respond to normies in public being upset over the usage of religious imagery? for example, I love nameless poem but the one time I wore it out in public, in the back of my mind I had some discomfort because I was worried some sort of overzealous christian person was going to come at me about wearing crosses/nun shit for fashion. I'm not christian myself so I have no idea what I would say that would be palatable towards that kind of person.
>>
>>8760968
>tfw buyer is in the middle of payment plan for dream dress
>Cat's health rapidly declines, kidneys failing
>her vet bill is more than my rent
>the pet insurance won't cover it all
>extends payment plan

if it's an emergency, not a constant cost you can't manage while still trying to gorge on lolita purchases, I can understand.But I agree about people who feel they have to tell you about expenses before they've begun to pay/have agreed to purchase but now need extra time so they can 'afford gas to work', dude, didn't you know you had to get to work before you agreed to buy this?
>>
>>8761591
What's with the 2 girls kissing secret? What comm is it?
>>
>>8759328
When will this second MTO be shipped out? Have they given any dates?
>>
>>8762144
May, nothing specific
>>
>>8762133
Hope your kitty feels better.
>>
>>8762049
>>8762075
pinche anonymous
>>
Riding the transit in lolita is fun. I have a gorillion present bags, so people think I'm some sort of christmas elf and someone asked me where santa is instead of "my sheep".
>>
>>8760353
Not necessarily. Best thing if you want to do that is to get one of AatP's standing collar coats, such as the Vargossa coat. Having a vest or dress with a Napoleonic collar also works, if you're going for a look inspired by Ayami Kojima's Alucard in particular. It's better to go for inspired by rather than trying to be too exact, at which point it looks very cosplayish potentially. A friend made for me a skirt with the SotN portrait painting of Alucard once a couple of years ago, as a surprise xmas present.
>>
>>8760353
>>8762288
I'm glad I'm not the only lolita that loves Castlevania aesthetic and influence.
>>
>>8762292
Same here actually! I've been a huge fan of the series for nearly 15 years now, all because I stumbled across Ayami Kojima's artwork for SotN, and so discovered the games. Her artwork is a huge inspiration to me stylistically. Question is, are you a fan of the Lords of Shadow series as well? I admit I love both, even if LoS2 is very flawed in places.
>>
>>8762288
Would you be willing to share a picture of it? Castlevania is one of my all time favorite game series.
>>
File: 342342.png (322 KB, 441x421) Image search: [Google]
342342.png
322 KB, 441x421
>>8760331
>>8760311
Present for you
>>
>>8762387
This is why I live
>>
File: Photo093.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Photo093.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>8762355
Sorry, not entirely happy about posting a pic. I don't really have any great photos of it. It's the SotN portrait pic, using a version of the picture with the colours quite muted, but not full-on sepia-toned. It's one of my favourite paintings, and I've spent years on and off working on an embroidery of the picture as well (which I really should get back to working on).
>>
>>8762387
This is adorable.
>>
So btssb just sent me my invoice for my LP but when I try to pay with paypal, why am I being charged with with nearly 900+ yen on top of the payment I have to do? Are the extra fees paypal fees?
>>
>>8759814
A+ post 10/10
>>
>>8762451
nevermind I solved the issue!
>>
With IW's Japanese webshop, with teh cart system it has, is it uncertain whether you've acquired something until you've received the invoice confirmation, like with the international orders issue of late? My shopping service picked an item up for me in the online sale earlier, and it's since become no longer available on the Japanese side of the shop.
>>
>>8761124
Google good eBay wig stores and look for wigs made of kanekalon.
>>
>>8759145

Honestly I really like the socks with the peep toe look...
>>
>>8761124

I ordered cheap fashion wig from eBay three month ago. I don't have problem so far. It didn't have curls so maybe that's why I don't finding it troublesome. I was worried if I get shining fake looking cosplay wig.
>>
>>8762138
It's these two from Portland.
>>
>>8759088
>enforced use of OTK/underskirts, etc?

Enforced? Does this mean the lolita police show up at my door if I wear socks that aren't long enough?
>>
>>8762750
Isn't the girl on the left married?
>>
>>8762783
Yes.
>>
>>8762387
This is the best thing ever.
>>
>>8762789
She is, but I don't see the big deal
I kiss my best friend, on her lips or on her cheek, we've always done it as an act of friendship, nothing else.
>>
>>8762750
>>8762138
That pic must be hella old since they don't even really look like that. It is likely a pic from before the one got married or something.

The hair looks really different from what they look like now.

They're both sweet girls, I am not aware of any drama that they are causing, anyone else from PDX care to fill me in what is going on? I like talking to the both of them, they both seem incredibly nice.
>>
>>8762794
Yeah, and if you're found guilty in a court of frills you'll have to wear old bodyline for a month
>>
>>8762387
anon u da bes
>>
>>8759088
>enforced
no one is enforcing anything, partially because we're all bitching at each other over the internet and have no means of doing so.
>>
>>8762407
Thats really incredible work Anon!
>>
>>8762831
Thanks. It will be 16 *16 inches big when finished. One day.
>>
>>8762750
Its from the recent hello kitty meet I think
Also who cares I have literally no idea whats going on here. "Ruining the local lolita community" is a stretch to say the least
>>
>>8762809
Man I would absolutely hate any of my friends kissing me on the mouth. Or kissing me anywhere in general.
>>
>>8762809
I heard the marriage isn't going well. Is this true?
>>
>>8762809
Well, kissing your best friend as an act of friendship is different from kissing her for camming purposes
>>
>>8762928
>camming purposes

what? this continues to become more interesting.
>>
>>8762932
I think anon just meant doing it for someone taking a pic, not that they're camwhores or something.
>>
>>8762925
Pretty sure that's none of your business.
>>
>>8762131
I don't think it's something you'd really have to worry about, like anon said before, it's something that's just become a common thing to wear and has been incorporated into certain styles of fashion, definitely not something I've found people having a problem with before.
>>
>>8762407
...how. Seriously, how do you even know what thread to use where?

>tfw my mother used to do embroidery and frame them to hang on the walls
Clearly I should have asked her to teach me.
>>
>>8762131
You dont say anything because it wont happen.
>>
>>8762131
just tell them your a satanist. they'll probably be shocked and walk away. also who cares religion is stupid anyway.
>>
>>8763046
I use a pattern, using a nice bit of software which lets you generate your own patterns from pictures you upload into it. It tells you what threads to use, and can even say whether you want to use DMC or Anchor threads, etc. It's possible to add effects like adjust the colours - this one was generated to be in sepia tones rather than the full colours of the picture itself, partially to cut down on the number of colours needed, as well as looking good in sepia tones. You can even say what count fabric you want to use. You just mark off the sections you've stitched. It's not actualy a super-hard cross stitch, there aren't any blended colours, or half stitches, or backstitch, or emellishments. It's just full stitches. The hardest part of this pattern is that there aren't large swaythes of just a couple of colours, and you have to keep swapping regularly. Oh, and the size of it adds a challenge to it. I started it about 9 1/2 years ago, but there have been patches of a few years of not working on it at all, as I've been busy with uni, or working on other embroideries.
>>
>>8762976
No they definitely cam.
>>
>>8762918
If you're close to either of them you know what's going on. If you're not close, you're still being trashed by one of them.
>>
>>8763114
Welp.
>>
>>8763123
great why should I care though
>>
File: 12111306_566a4bc20462d.jpg (350 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
12111306_566a4bc20462d.jpg
350 KB, 500x600
Do I have a chance of getting this in store? I don't know if I dare place an order since I'm traveling to Tokyo so soon.
..Or I let it stay at tenso until I'm on my way home by mid January?
>>
>>8763111
>I started it about 9 1/2 years ago
Holy shit anon, I admire your dedication.
>>
>>8763178
Can you have it sent to a friend or relative's house?
>>
>>8763178
Just leave it at tenso and ship it when you get back if you really want it and are scared of it selling out.
>>
>>8758914
>believing this
>>
>>8763194
Thanks. I've not touched it for about 3 years now due to being too busy with uni, and then working on something else this year, once I finally managed to get the lighting in my current place suitable for embroidery. But I am absolutely determined to finish it. I go through phases over obsessing over it, and spending an entire weekend doing nothing but sewing, aside for getting food and some sleep. Once I didn't stop sewing until it had gone 9am.

Embroidery is one of those elements from Lolita dresses which I miss seeing about as much. I vastly prefer embroidery to prints, even in substyles I don't wear.
>>
>>8762789
Their from pdx, where polyamory is huge. I hear a lot of the pdx comm is a ton of strippers (not surprising as there a ton of strip clubs here) and there's a huge kink and gay comm here too, I'm sure there's a lot of cross over with the alt fashion scene here as well.
>>
>>8762387
wish there were more things like this on BtB t.b.h
>>
>>8763322
This.
The real gems on BtB are few and far between.
>>
>>8762924
That's your opinion. I see it as an act of friendship
>>
>>8763296
Yeah, we have a sissy in the comm and a few strippers.
>>
>>8763038
I think it depends where you live. The more in the boonies you are, the more likely you are to find the kind of zealot that hasn't gotten the bulletin that crosses are common in fashion now.
>>
>>8760095
Anon please don't leave a negative for an honest mistake. I would mention it when you leave the feedback, but even one negative can be pretty detrimental to a sellers history and people make mistakes. I would let her know that you're upset and ask for a refund for ensure the shipping price was, that seems more reasonable.
>>
>>8763361
We also have a combo stripper and ddlg!
>>
>>8763344
To whoever originally made this, thank you because I got the JSK after asking you what the print was. It's one of my favorite prints.
>>
>>8763178
Some hotels let you ship stuff to them ahead of your arrival. Check with your hotel.
>>
>>8763551
True! Can't ever forget about that!
What a Fucking joke
>>
Let's say you sell an item that was in pristine condition and the buyer receives it, tries it on, rips it on accident, then opens a claim saying that you sold them a damaged dress. Is there anything you can do in this situation without getting screwed by both the buyer and PayPal?
>>
>>8763435
Spotted the seller. That's a pretty big mistake to make and definitely warrants a negative. Just because you're negligent "by accident", doesn't mean you weren't negligent.

>>8763598
Not unless you have detailed photos of the condition before the sale. And even then PP could probably fuck you depending on the rep you get.
>>
>>8760109
>>8760873
>>8763435
i think it's inexcusable to confirm an order status incorrectly twice AND fail to notice an order wasn't shipped for more than half a month. How does that even happen? Unless she was blatantly lying and just wanted to wait it through the paypal claim period. Honestly, I expect a partial refund at the minimum because this is pretty egregious seller behavior- but I know she won't do that.

missed minor damage, accidentally left an item out but will ship it separately at their own cost, etc- these things I can forgive and work with a seller to avoid a negative. but such a high level of incompetency warrants a negative no matter what they do.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-16-24-12.png (909 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-16-24-12.png
909 KB, 1080x1920
So Misako posted this photo with what appears to be a red colorway of Belle et la secret de la rose dress. Does anyone know if it was just for a fashion show, or will it be released? Any info?
>>
>>8763322
I used to do things like that all the time, especially if there had been a week of BtB that was a bad shitfest.
>>
>>8763643
probably another goddamn shanghai special or something.
>>
>>8763643
>red
fucking hell why this
>i'd buy this to wear once [spoiler]and then trade for the yellow with added cash[/spoiler]
>>
>>8763691
>mfw I forgot I wasn't still on /a/
>>
>>8763643
Akira looking fly as always
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.