[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone got any good Ranger/Sentai cosplay? I'm kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
File: Crimson Thunder.jpg (138 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Thunder.jpg
138 KB, 500x670
Has anyone got any good Ranger/Sentai cosplay?

I'm kind of tempted to get a Crimson or Navy Thunder suit, but i'm really sceptical of the quality and timeframe they give you.

I think Aniki is the most popular one but i've heard some really dodgy stuff he does, and people are waiting 6+ months for an order.

I talked to JTOKUCOSTUME and they've been quick and upfront with my questions, but they don't have any pictures of the finished product (no prior commissions I guess?) I want so i'm unsure how it would turn out.

Are there any other places to go through for decent ranger suits that won't take forever to make? Or any places that I should stay away from, like obvious scammers, etc.
>>
File: Navy Thunder.jpg (115 KB, 433x750) Image search: [Google]
Navy Thunder.jpg
115 KB, 433x750
Bump.
>>
What's your budget?

Low: --> Buy a kit for the helmet and paint/sand it yourself. Or use model for hobby/colorsuits stuff. Be warned, it won't look very good.

Medium -->($800-$1000) Aniki. Buy 1 year in advance, especially if it's not a super popular ranger they make all the time.

High -->($1500-$2000) Go on rangerboard and commission pieces from US sellers.
>>
File: Crimvy.jpg (75 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
Crimvy.jpg
75 KB, 500x283
>>8753239
Probably medium, but I don't want to wait so long.

I'm not very handy at all so making it myself would be out of the question.

>tfw JTOKU only does Navy
>>
FemRaigers are 2cute.
>>
>>8753427
The mold on the helmet is nearly the same minus the kabuto horns. Have they outright said they wont do crimson?
>>
I really want to crossplay Iba Girl next summer since I'm getting in shape for another crossplay, but I'm like 95% certain no one will know who I am.
>>
File: uncommongirlcolors.jpg (765 KB, 1433x795) Image search: [Google]
uncommongirlcolors.jpg
765 KB, 1433x795
>>8754029
Definitely. Watching Gokaiger was great because the girls would transform into the normally male rangers and look super cute.

>>8754069
There are slight differences, the eye shape, the horns, the emblems on both the helmet and chest. But that's it really so I don't know why, maybe it's not worth all the extra time and effort to make another mould.

I know Aniki does crimson, ,but the wait times and unreliability i've heard with him sway me away from going there.

>>8754101
I'll admit I had to look that one up.. It looks Ranger/Rider enough that people won't be tooooo confused though.

I think obscure the better though.
>>
>>8754395
Yeah, Ibaliger is a fun stage show. It's been getting crazy popular lately not just for having pretty good production for a local hero, but because Iba Girl is maximum cute and people love her.
>>
>>8754491
>but because Iba Girl is maximum cute and people love her.
Yeah, can actually tell the actor is a nicely figured actual women, instead of stunt dudes in skirts for Sentai.
>>
I wish I could do an Akibaranger cosplay, but I don't have the shape for it.
>>
>>8754653
You mean you're fat?

Use it as motivation to trim down a bit.

They use armour and scarves a bit, you could get away with the extra padding and have it not look crap.
>>
what's the coolest looking ranger to cosplay as? (not including the 6th special rangers)
>>
>>8754752
"Coolest" is subjective. To any given person, any ranger can look cooler than another.

One persons hero is cooler than someone else's. The other persons hero is cooler than yet another's. Coolest? That word has no meaning.
>>
Power rangers is the shittest form of cosplay.

All you do is put on a morphsuit. It's on the same tier as Spiderman shit.
>>
>>8754663
Nah, I just have wide hips. And that shit don't look good in bodysuits.
>>
I love it in the show when the girls are in their suits with the skirts and they do a kick or something and you can see their panties.
>>
>>
>>8752970
If you're a girl just message the popular costume makes on FB and they're pretty much fucking give the shit to you as long as you promote their shit on youtube.
>>
>>8756679
>Wide hips
>Not good in bodysuits
>Implying implications
See the Iba Girl posts >>8754101 >>8754491
>>
>>8757992
Yeah but not trans.
>>
>>8758204
Hips are hips, get over it. The only thing stopping you from doing the cosplay is you.
>>
>>8758528
But I don't want to wear a skirt.
>>
Ranger suit makers are a joke.

So bullshit that it takes 6-12 months for people to get their shit.

Just make it yourself.
>>
i wish i had a ranger suit but i would need a flap at the front so i can stick my dick out of and masturbate while wearing the suit
>>
>>8762046
Degenerate.
>>
File: Zen-Aku.jpg (35 KB, 475x326) Image search: [Google]
Zen-Aku.jpg
35 KB, 475x326
my friend is really wanting to do Zen-Aku from Wild Force, any advice for that? would Aniki be able to do the helmet?
>>
>>8762638
Does he do custom orders?

I don't think he'd have trouble doing the helmet, maybe the intricate armour pieces maybe. But for something like that, i'd expect it to cost a LOT.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.