[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blog thread? Share old and new blogs about Jfash/lolita/lifestyle/...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1445987713915.jpg (25 KB, 351x347) Image search: [Google]
1445987713915.jpg
25 KB, 351x347
Blog thread?
Share old and new blogs about Jfash/lolita/lifestyle/... anything nice to read and /cgl/ related, really
Selfposts are fine. I won't selfpost mine unless asked for and will send privately.
>>
>mfw guiltily updating mine right now because i've neglected it for like a month since i started my new job
>>
>>8752065
Oh what is it about anon?
What platform?
I am looking for more blogs to comment on, i just wanna get some blog friends
>tfw too shy
>>
There's a google doc with a list of blogs somewhere; on mobile so I can't link it right now.

I've sort of fallen out of blogging; I feel like I want to update but I have nothing to post about.
>>
Never pass up an opportunity to shamelessly self-plug!

I'm pjhime on blogspot... 4chan won't let me post this link so I hope you guys can figure it out.

I'm new to cute fashion and write a blog about my thoughts learning about it and building my wardrobe. I'm trying to get into himekaji at the moment. It's mostly hauls, sewing and crafing projects (hoping to lean more towards tutorials in the future rather than "look at this thing I made!") And general thoughts on inspiration and how to organize a wardrobe at this point.

Finals are wrecking me so I'm on a brief hiatus until next week, but I try and update every week when I'm active. I'd love to make some more blog friends, especially about himekaji and other casual cute styles, so please don't be shy dropping your blog if you write about that sort of thing!
>>
>>8752142
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yO9r--waeN1UbKJJM92uJPu4mmTm0jU4I5eTnuqeUDg/edit#gid=0
>>
File: lazyheader.png (460 KB, 1000x300) Image search: [Google]
lazyheader.png
460 KB, 1000x300
I'm windowwarmth.blogspot, and I've been trying to update regularly but due to work I've been sort of lazy lately.

I'm happy to link your blog to mine and all that if you want, though I don't have that many readers so not sure how much it would promote your blog hah.
>>
I want to get back into blogging again, but im on the go a lot, and my pc is down anyways. Is there anything that is mobile friendly? Id like something more then just instagram/tumblr.
>>
>>8752551
I think blogger has a mobile app. I don't know how good it is though.
>>
>>8752558
Really? Ill check into that. I used blogger many years ago, then one day they changed their format and i was unable to use it on mobile so i dropped it. It would be cool to revive the old blog. Ive really grown in the fashion since then so idk if i would want to delete all my old entries or keep them anyways just to show my improvements.
>>
>tfw i finally decided to comment on some blogs and their cute entries and stop being so timid
what am i so scared of anyway?
>>
I'm just about to start a blog, I might post after I make a few posts.
How do you guys follow blogger blogs? Especially on mobile? I tried blog loving but it was kind of spammy and confusing.
>>
>tfw want to post blog but also don't want to self-post on 4chan
I-I'll just check out everyone else's cute blogs.
>>
I really want to start a blog about mori kei. But I have no idea what to blog about, since I do not follow the lifestyle and these is not much happening in the mori communities.
But if anyone has/knows a active mori blog, please post it!
>>
>>8753355
Leaving comments makes everyone happy, I think. No need to be embarrassed! I always want to leave nice comments but end up running out of time.

>>8753355
Blogger has a built in blog feed thing where you can enter any url (I think it works even for non-blogger blogs) and it shows up on your homepage. It's not fancy or anything but I like that it's simple and built into something I'm already using already. I really don't know how any of that works on mobile though.

>>8753976
You could blog about new releases from brands or cute ebay/taobao finds that fit in with it as well. I think a mori blog with pictures of the author's plants or hikes, along with things like stories, poems, crafts, drawings, etc that fit the aesthetic would be really cute.
>>
>>8753976
I have a mori blog in the works, mostly documenting some of the history behind the style and different things I find that give me mori feels. It's nowhere near ready to be shared yet but it'd be cool to have some active mori blogs out there again.
>>
>>8752022
Post it! I don't think anyone really actually cares about CGL really.

>>8752065
Link? And hey, jobs are good because more money, more brand and thus more to blog about

>>8752153
Your blog looks cute, going to have a better look now.

>>8752451
Basically ditto my previous comment, landed on your Melty Cream Donuts post and the pictures are so pretty!

>>8753143
Comment! Blog comment always make my day and I try and remember to actually leave some on posts I like.

>>8753425
Just post it! I think literally everyone comes on CGL so it's all good.

>>8753976
>>8754227
Mori blogs sound interesting. Please both post links when you have them up and running!
>>
I use wordpress because I just like the format so much more. Is there any way to link to accounts on blog spot or connect to people on wordpress instead?
>>
My blog used to be a lot more Lolita-heavy, but recently it's become more of a general lifestyle blog with occasional Lolita/other fashion related posts. Would anyone still be interested? I'm not sure at this point how cgl-relevant my blog is.
>>
>>8754961
Even for other blogger blogs blogger has very few ways to "connect" with other blogs. You can follow people, but most blogs don't even have a follow button, and you can subscribe on your blog feed of choice without following anyway (which blogspot doesn't keep track of... Not sure if that is even strictly possible).

So basically on blogger things like follower count and what not are not important compared to page hits, comments, etc. So if you like someone's blog you can easily support it that way just by reading and leaving comments (and linking to it on other relevant sites) regardless of if you have blogger or not. I actually think that's what I like most about blogger; no one needs an account to enjoy your content to its fullest, and the only metrics for popularity are the bare minimum that actually show that people are interacting with your blog, rather than superficial things like follower count or even more arbitrary things that fb sets up to persuade you to buy more likes.
>>
What's up with Buttcape's blog?
>>
>>8754961
Also for the record I do think that wordpress has it's shit way more together in terms of community capabilities, but I stick with blogger since WP locks down your web developer options unless you throw money at them... always seemed dumb to me. If you coded your own profile layout why should you have to pay WP to use it?
>>
File: why have you forsaken me.png (92 KB, 1080x478) Image search: [Google]
why have you forsaken me.png
92 KB, 1080x478
Okay, fine, we can use the Wayback to find and save everything. But this seems weird from someone who set herself in place as a reliable source of information. Am I unreasonable to lose some respect for her? Wasn't exposing the Leighs important to the community? They're still doing what they always do, and one of their most credible accusers has retracted everything.
>>
>>8757032
what exactly is going on and how is it related to jfash blogging?
>>
>>8757045
Buttcape was an ouji blogger with the most comprehensive guide to boystyle available. She also was the first to come out against the Leighs. People from different parts of jfash referenced or relied on her blog for different things. She has taken her blog down, but without giving any notice to the people who had been using her blog as a resource.
>>
>>8757055
what the heck is the Leighs?
>>
>>8752551
>>8752558
I use the blogger mobile app to write the text part of my posts during commutes and then format and add photos when I'm back at home on my pc. I could do it from my phone, but I usually take pictures on a camera so it's not an option...I think it's easy to use but it has eaten one of my posts in the past.

I blog over at nadinao dot com but it's not strictly all lolita posts, especially the latest ones but hopefully you enjoy. Looking forward to reading everyones' blogs! I just updated my layout today, if you guys think it looks horrible please let me know...
>>
>>8757068
>being this new
>>
>>8753355
I like feedly. You can't comment in the app, but there is a link at the bottom that will open the post in your browser so you can comment if you want.
>>
>>8757129
>shitting up the thread this much
>>
>>8757187
where is a better place to discuss the loss of a jfash blog?
>>
>>8757032
At least this sounds like it might be temporary. We were kind of freaking out in the ouji thread.
There is so little ouji content in the first place...
>>
>>8757233
im crying where is buttcape noo
>>
>>8757233
if she decides to remain gone, i may ask her if it would be all right to re-host her Ouji Overview somewhere, with or without credit (up to her). could also use it as a base for a lolitaguide-type tumblr.
>>
is the Lolita Blog Carnival thing worth following?
>>
>>8761395
I've been getting my blog back on track and thinking of trying it out. On one hand, it results in a load of people doing the same blog post, but on the other hand, it results in different perspectives on the same topic.
I've been in the fb group for eons but I've never gotten on board. I might bite the bullet soon.
>>
>>8757055
There are other ways to gain all of that information, but still it really sucks to see her blog gone (for now).
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.