[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kigurumi General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Haven't seen one in a while. What is your favorite online store to buy kigurumi from? I know of Kigurumi Shop and Kigurumi.com but I'm sure there's more out there. Or do you make/commission/design your own?

Oh and selfposts are welcome!
>>
How long does it take for Kigurumi Shop to ship once you complete your order? This is my first time buying from them.
>>
Kigurumis make you look fat FYI
>>
>>8751765
They were ment to be nightwear. No one de fuck should care how I look while I sleep. Though all these anime kiddos wanna look cool in their ill fitting panda and pikachu kigurumis on cons, smelling like they haven't took a bath in ages
>>
got some 40$ ones from ebay before knowing about taobao
they arrived full of holes where the seams burst
next time taobao
>>
>>8751797
A lot of the asian stuff on ebay is from taobao resellers. You can just get it cheaper from TB.
>>
File: kigu.png (263 KB, 1500x1400) Image search: [Google]
kigu.png
263 KB, 1500x1400
I really like owls, but I don't like the standard blue owl kigu. I made my own design,I think it would be cool to do a completely white owl too. However, white kigu's usually don't work; should I just use two different shades of white?
>>
>>8751844
Do a snowy owl design with the brown and black specs that would be awesome.
>>
>>8751765
I wear mine around the house in the winter because they're warm and comfy as fuck. Super tempted to make a couple because I really want some monster hunter ones, but i'm lazy.
>>
anyone know where to get them for a reasonable price without having to use a shopping service? I want to put it on my christmas wishlist
>>
>>8751717
Mine arrived in pretty good time - within the expected date from my order.
>>
Thinking about making a prinny kigu. Never made a kigu, but it should be relatively easy.. right?
>>
>>8751767
Sometimes I wear kigurumis at cons, but only on Sunday or if there's a kigurumi meetup. And they're not cheap Pikachu eBay ones either. It's just a pain in the ass to get into full cosplay on a con Sunday when I'll be there for 3-5 hours at the most.

>>8751797
>>8751835
Any good recommendations on Taobao shops, other than Sazac's Taobao storefront?
>>
>>8751765
>the gigantic fleece potato sack will make you look fat
Holy shit I had no idea, thank you so much
>>
>>8752368
Should be simple, since they're not supposed to be closely fitted anyways. I imagine there would be more room for error than there normally is with sewing.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (275 KB, 645x800) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
275 KB, 645x800
>>8751844
I like this, I think the slightly higher contrast with the grey and white looks better than two shades of white would. Perhaps a lighter grey if you want, but if the shades are only slightly different it would probably look odd. Snowy owls typically have darker markings, so if you don't want it to be pure white that could work as well. But they also don't have the head tufts, I don't know of any white owl species that have that.
>>
I have a kumamon kigurumi. I love it.
>>
>>8752368
There's tons of tutorials, Google is your friend. Generally you can make a pattern from a big sweater and go from there.
>>
I've been looking for someone to commission a kigu from. anyone have any reccomendations?
>>
>>8754905
Chubcakes used to be fairly active and her stuff was good. Could try hitting up her tumblr.
>>
>>8755110
she's a bitch and ignores people she doesn't want to make shit for or if it's tooo hard. she ruined my bfs bday because she just dropped contact with me after she said she could do a commission.
>>
Self posting the last commission I did.
>>
>>8755120
rip
>>
>>8755120
you too? haha I was actually looking to commission something for my boyfriend as well and she dropped contact with me.

I'm looking for someone else because damn, is she not to be trusted

her excuse?
"sorry, I moved"
does that "I moved" excuse count when she's able to complete personal projects and not send out a few simple emails?

lol no
>>
>>8751765
Not really. You can tell when someone's wearing a kigu if they're fat or it's just baggy. Like it's really not that hard, and if you're having a hard time discerning it that sounds like a personal problem imo
>>
On phone so can't post the pic. How do you guys feel about the balloon hips kigu seem to be patterned with in the tutorials? They look kind of overkill to me.
>>
>>8755120
>ignores people if she doesn't want to make shit
Well ignoring you isn't nice but nobody is obligated to make you shit until the contract is signed and money in their hand.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.