[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IKKICON 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: ikkicon-logo16.png (170 KB, 851x254) Image search: [Google]
ikkicon-logo16.png
170 KB, 851x254
only a month left!
Who's going?
What do you expect?
Why is there no schedule?
Why you reading all these questions?
>>
File: S__6930443.jpg (11 KB, 239x287) Image search: [Google]
S__6930443.jpg
11 KB, 239x287
>>8746771
^^^^^^^^^
Offical Gull Line Chat
>>
>What do you expect?
At this point nothing cause there's no schedule.

Hell, they aren't selling tickets for the tea party yet
>>
>>8749852
lol same
>imagines showing up to the con and just seeing tumbleweeds
>>
It's late, but should I hit this con up? I mean I love in Austin so it isn't going to be a big commotion, but I have only ever heard meh opinions on it.
>>
>>8749898
I've never been, but, from what I'm hearing, it's only really worth it if you have friends going
>>
>>8749852
All of my confusion and mingled rage over this.
>>
>>8749852
I hope you don't get a tea party ticket.
>>
>>8749898
It's super meh.

I don't know why everyone's freaking out over the lack of schedule this year, it's always been like this. It's a small con, never draws much of a crowd... Is it because of the lolita guests?
>>
>>8749974
I think it's really just drawing more crowds this year because J.Hart is gonna be there.
>>
>>8749898
It's meh because it isn't much more than a husk of a con. It like... GenericCon. The main service it provides is being a con, being the event that brings people out to it. The vendors are meh, the programming is meh, the cosplay contest isn't anything special. It's not terrible, it just isn't fun unless you have people there to make it fun. I've had some great Ikkicons, but it's never been Ikkicon itself that made my time great.
Does that make sense?
tl;dr
It is meh, but if you have friends that will be there and you like Austin, go for it.
>>
who all got tea party tickets?
>>
Has anyone seen the day badge prices? Thoughts on those? I feel like it's extremely overpried for a con like Ikkicon.
>>
>>8751820
I'm glad I wasnt the only one thinking about this
>>
>>8751820
That's ikkicon for you. ANT was pretty pricy for the lack of anything of substance too.
>>
>>8751848
I guess I can't complain about ANT because I managed to get in on the Groupon deal so I don't know much about the prices for that. But I find it crazy when small(er) cons hike up the prices especially for day badges.

I'd expect $40-45 a day for a con like A-kon (talk about lack of anything substantial though) but not Ikkicon.
>>
>>8751157
I did. Pretty pumped. Make sure you tell them about dietary or allergen concerns since those fields weren't on the original page to purchase tickets!
>>
Cons hike up day prices to try to convince you it's a better deal to just buy the whole weekend.
>>
>>8751967
That is true, but I've never seen prices hiked up that much before for such a smaller convention.

Like I said. I can expect that from a con like A-kon, but not Ikkicon.
>>
>>8752145
How small so you think it is? AKon makes the top 10 in terms of attendance for cons in the US.

The Saturday price is 10 dollars less than a weekend, which is something I've seen from several other cons, not just A-kon. It's becoming standard.
>>
>>8752223
Ikkicon is definitely not as big as A-kon in terms of attendance. I wasn't calling A-kon the smaller con.
>>
>>8752603
Maybe I wasn't clear. My point was that it's silly to compare anyone else to a-kon because it dwarfs everyone else by like 10k people.
>>
Hey guys, ikkicon staff here. I have a lot of juicy goodness as to why ikki has been shit for years and I have some dirt that yall may like. I know those fucking nerds who run it are on here, but fuck it I don't care anymore.

First thing yall need to know is that the con is run by beta males and autists. There's a chick who is 2nd in command and she is a complete retard who tries to make the con cater to herself and her children.

They have been trying to make it more and more kid friendly which is one of the reasons it's at the new hotel. Not only that, but they want to go full nazi on rules this year just for that reason. The security team has always been bad and made up of jrotc nerds, so get ready for them to have SS power.
>>
>>8753240
>cater to children
Oh no.
Most cons are already too child-friendly for my taste. That's not good.

>JROTC as security
What sort of rules are they going to nazi about?

Why bother to have a con over New Years if they don't want/expect it to be a big booze party convention?
>>
>>8753240
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>8753277
Do tell nerd. Prove me wrong, don't just say it.

>>8753255
They are making it to where you can't have a cosplay revealing too much skin. Guys have to always have a shirt on and girls arnt allowed to show off their goods. Other rules that have yet to be discussed that I'm trying my hardest to push back against.

The con security this year, much like last year and the year before are going to be like hawks on dress code and any thing that might be used as a weapon. Usually standard fair for cons, but the security team they hire is made up of the biggest asshole in the world.
Last year they kicked a girl out just for being kind of drunk and high. They smelled pot and took her badge.

One of the security team guys I always have beef with is the manley douche bag who carries around a pipe he never actually smokes from and always wears these silly call of duty esqe jesus shirts
>>
>>8753298
*Manlet
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-07-11-20-20.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-07-11-20-20.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Dealers room, from unflattering angle
>>
>>8753240
They moved to the renaissance hotel which is the classiest hotel in the city.
Ikkicon is just trying to stay classy.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-07-11-23-10.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-07-11-23-10.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Some panel room.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-07-11-24-59.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-07-11-24-59.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Another room.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-07-11-33-23.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-07-11-33-23.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
Main floor was too big to capture on my phone. The stairs on the bottom left hand corner of the pic lead to the dealers and panels.

Do you see that big black area? It's mirrored on the other half. And on the other half there is another area like that. They have also recently expanded the restaurant onto the floor.
There will not be a lot of room to walk.
>>
>>8753339
Continued. Armadillocon 34 was hosted here. 500 people max, and it still felt stuffy.

However, there are plenty of nice photoshoot locations inside and outside.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-07-11-47-06.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-07-11-47-06.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Another shot of dealers, standing in a corner.
>>
>>8753298
LOL wait, you're mad because they revoked the badge of someone participating in illegal activities? Good on them, I don't want to be around a bunch of high socially inept nerds.

I'm also willing to bet money the stiffer dress code is due to the venue. If the hotel says no shirtless bros then they have to comply.

I really have no idea where kids get the mentality that they can do whatever they want because they are at an Anime convention. You are still in a public space, sorry you have to follow some rules.
>>
>>8753370

Spoiled self-entitlement
>>
File: 1447478062712.jpg (44 KB, 550x404) Image search: [Google]
1447478062712.jpg
44 KB, 550x404
>>8753370
So not only are you a white night, but also a sober person who misses out on the fun

Also
>getting mad at pot
>>
>>8753793
>believing you need to take substances to have fun

I'm sorry your life sucks that much.
>>
>>8753793
Personal views of pot aside, it is illegal in the state of Texas. Explain to me why you believe the convention should not revoke the badge of an attendee participating in illegal activities?
>>
>>8753808

>riding a noble high horse of sobriety
>thinking that you are superior to anyone because you don't use substances
>caring about what other people put into their body's
>feeling the need to be a rat at cons

Have fun never being invited to party's or having fun :^)

I'm sure you are probably the most fun person to be around, nothing screams fun like holding a moral high ground.

ALSO THE CON IS IN AUSTIN YOU INBRED, WEED CAPITAL OF TEXAS.
>>
>>8753823

So is underage drinking and sex, but the cons don't do much about that
>>
>>8753829
Sex isn't illegal? I am pretty sure if people were banging in the middle of the dealers room they would be kicked out.

I've seen badges pulled for intoxication. Conventions can't come after you for what you are doing in your hotel room. The issues is when you are visibly doing the activity on the con floor. So, you are drinking and the hotel doesn't allow open bottles, or you are intoxicated.
>>
>>8753824
I wouldn't want to go to a party where all people did was smoke. I'm fine. Thanks for the concern.

I'm not sure what your point is. Pot is still illegal in Austin.
>>
>>8753848
Pot is illegal on a Federal level, you fuck. As in, it's illegal EVERYWHERE, no matter what your state laws are.
>>
I've got a bad feeling about Ikki this year. If the new hotel is as small as anon is saying, it's gonna end up being hell.
>>
>>8753866
>>8753848
Holy shit, are y'll that dumb? For one pot isn't a federal issue it's a state issue, haven't you heard it's legal in quite a few states now or have you been living under a rock?

Austin is home to Marley Fest http://austinreggaefest.com which is a bunch if pot heads in a park smoking weed and listening to shitty music. Also, the cops do nothing, they actually just stand around and watch.

Guess pot isn't so illegal in Austin now huh? Cops don't do shit cause its not harming anyone, other than making a few people butthurt.
>>
>>8754200
>legal

https://whitehouse.gov/ondcp/marijuana

Maybe you fried your brain too much to understand how laws work?
>>
>>8754389
I don't think you even read the website you linked to, it clearly says weed is legal in Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington state, which proves that it is a states issue and not a federal issue. Unless you were trying to prove something else? In which case you really didn't elaborate on that.

If you were trying to prove it is illegal in Austin, I kow it is, never said it wasnt, I only stated that the cops don't care.

Come back when you know how to debate shit properly.
>>
>>8754453
>It is important to recognize that these state marijuana laws do not change the fact that using marijuana continues to be an offense under Federal law.

Do you know how to read?
>>
Yo, fuck all the other stuff, who's down for some Third Strike at Ikki?
>>
>>8753829
They do if you get caught.
>>
>>8753240
Lol, this guy doesn't even know how the staff is actually structured.
>>
>>8754577
Yes I do, but apparently you don't since the sentence you quoted was in relation to the use of medical marijuana and the fact that even if it is prescribed by a doctor it's still not legal in your state.

Regardless nothing of what you're trying to prove makes sense. Are you trying to prove that weed isn't legal in Alaska, Colorado, Oregon and Washington?or the fact that it's illegal everywhere else? Cause I already stated that it is illegal everywhere else.

Please make clear what the fuck you're even trying to prove as your stance in this "debate" is totally blurred. Otherwise I'm done, since I'm apparently arguing with an infant.
>>
>>8755161
Do yourself a favor and read the memorandum. It is illegal on the federal level. The DOJ is choosing to defer to local law enforcement to enforce the laws, so in states where it is "legal" obviously no one is going to be arrested.

You can argue that it is effectively legal in certain states, but it is technically illegal on a federal level. There is a law against it. No vote has taken place to remove or overturn that law, ergo it is still illegal. States don't have the power to over ride federal laws, like you seem to think.
>>
Anyone got extra space in their room for 1 more?
>>
Since the schedule is kind of a mystery still beyond a handful of lolita things, is anyone here hosting a panel? If so, what time/day/room? I will probably have a ton of free time and kinda wanna hear what y'all are bringing to the table.
>>
>>8755254
Having weed is not a federal offense unless you're stupid enough to have it on federal property.

you want a memorandum? Here: justice.gov/iso/opa/resources/3052013829132756857467.pdf

This clearly states the federal laws on weed, as well as stating that these federal laws only apply to federal property (national parks, and military bases) other than those areas it's a state's issue.

So it's not a federal offense to have weed in Austin, and the non-federal justice system in Austin doesn't give a flying fuck about whether or not you're high. They only care if you have a lot of weed, otherwise it's just a bunch of paperwork that they don't want to deal with.
>>
>>8755388
I know someone posted like 3 Hetalia panels. Don't know which ones, if any, are gonna be accepted though.
>>
>>8755437
some are on the draft schedule
>>
>>8755428

Did you miss the last paragraph where it says the memorandum does not alter in any way the departments authority to enforce federal law, regardless of state law?

You clearly have no concept of what you are talking about so I'm done. I hope you have fun smoking I guess?
>>
>>8755455
Care to shareb the draft schedule, please?
>>
>>8753240
Someone is finally calling out Melissa? Nice.
>>
Why do you guys even care?
so what if people participate in smoking weed while on duty or off duty at the con, it like a cigarette break man, I smoke to help me eat. I also volunteer because i have fun at cons, so.....i think as long as the person smoking doesnt act like a complete ass i dont see the problem
>>
>>8756727
there had been issues with people smoking pot in the stairwells
>>
>>8756727
Cigarettes don't alter your mental state...
Do you think you can show up to work drunk? That's a better comparison.
>>
>>8749809
>Ickycon

Just thought I'd do that.
>>
anyone excited or signed up for the BSSB fashion show?
>>
San Antone cosplayer here. I've been getting my stuff ready for the last 4 months- mostly squaring away finances, tickets, transportation, and lodging. Do we have a new gull chat/meetup line?
>>
>>8757717
I'm not in the show but I'm excited to see it. Super pumped for tea party as well.
>>
Is anyone else afraid this is gonna just end up being Undertalecon? Seems like every other person I hear talking about their cosplay plans wants to be Mettaton Ex.
>>
>>8757904
Seconding. I just got my tickets today and would love to start planning and talking to gulls.
>>
>>8763170
>>8757904
We started a new chat! Message tsunderelolita on line to get added into the group.
>>
>>8762803
If anything the biggest cosplay group is going to be One piece there
>>
>>8763921
Thanks anon!
>>
No. Cause stupid Ikkicon had to schedule themselves the weekend of my wedding.
>>
>>8764378
Ikkicon is has always been on New years weekend you just didn't think about it when you scheduled your wedding.
>>
>>8764378
It has been on or right by New Years weekend for 6 years now. You're just terrible at planning.
>>
>>8764378
Don't blame a con for your bad planning. Ikki has has the new years weekend for years. Looks like Ikkicon isn't the only Icky thing.
>>
I'm coming out from California and hooking up with my /k/rew. Will see you guys there, look for all the faggots in HCLI gear.
>>
>>8764378
do you want a cookie?
>>
>>8764378
New Year's weekend is honestly a terrible time for any event, but it seems particularly stupid and selfish to have a wedding then and expect anyone to plan one of the biggest holidays of the year around you, let alone a convention that has been on that weekend for years.
>>
>>8767348
This. Who the fuck does that to everyone, do you really think they all want to go to some crappy wedding when they could actually be out having fun?
>>
>>8767348
having a con on NYE is kinda ehh yeah it sucks that your occupied with the con but for people that dont have a lot of friends/ wouldnt go out and do stuff normally the con a pretty ideal thing to do
>>
>>8754921
Mah nigga! I'll ft5 ya
>>
Everything I need to finish my coord for the tea party has shipped, and I'm so excited about it! How are you guys' coords/cosplays coming along?
>>
Has anyone ever been to the new year's party? Is it any good?
>>
>>8772496
Oh I'm jealous. I'm still waiting on shoes and tights for my tea party coord. Other coords are okay though. I'm very excited to see other coordinates and cosplays!
>>
>>8773638
Bumping to second this question; my friends are thinking about going but we aren't sure yet. Any past experiences gulls?
>>
>>8753240
I know that lady in question, and she does a fantastic job. She also has organized the best panels in the last couple of years with GREAT turn out. Also kid friendly is fine. Adult panels can be later at night and labeled 18 plus. FFS sake most of the fan base is for younger kids. >>8756004
wrong name

gonna go, gonna go have fun there, and little cry babies like you cannot stop me.
>>
>>8775822
Doesn't matter anyway. I know where the train is headed. It isn't pretty.

Hello hawk watchers from the top.
>>
I'm going.. alone. A friend was coming with me but cancelled a few days ago. Not sure I'll have fun at this point but I have 4 cosplays that I won't let go to waste
>>
>>8777601
You can use this chance to make new friends and have fun with them.
>>
>>8777601
You'll have fun, anon. Ikki is a social con more than anything. The programming historically hasn't been too stellar and we don't even have a schedule right now haha. I'm always down to make new friends.
>>
>>8777742
Thanks. I went to San Japan alone and only went one day because I hated being by myself haha. You cosplaying?
>>
>>8777747
I don't cosplay, actually. Just do the lolita thing. What're your plans? I haven't checked the FB page in a minute but I imagine people are posting their plan sheets (not sure what those are called haha sorry) there. I always like seeing good cosplays!
>>
Have they even posted the schedule yet?
>>
>>8777757
Oh okay! I would wear lolita but I'm still a baby and don't have a completed coord. I'm gonna cosplay 4 characters over the course of the 3 days, attend whatever panels look promising, no real solid plans. I do want to watch the btssb fashion show though!
>>
>>8777773
4 cosplays is legit. If you have line, feel free to add me. It'd be cool to run into you at the show or just around! I've no plans aside from the tea party/fashion show and will probably spend 90% of the time just hanging out haha. Line ID is gh0ulprincess.
>>
The con is in a week and a half and I only just cut my fabric. Any other gulls sewing over Christmas?
>>
>>8778266
Yep. Been trying to work on stuff all week but not getting much done cause of family and stuff. Next week looks even worse, I don't know if I'll finish.

Also, anyone working the day before Ikkicon? I wanted to go to the New Years party but I'm bummed because I got a shift late that day, oh well.
>>
>>8778266
>>8778288
Considering starting on the 27th after I'm home from the holidays, just a simple costume or two, but we'll see. Good luck to you both!
>>
>>8778314
Good luck to you too anon, starting on the 27th is like nightmare mode, hope it goes well and easily.
>>
>>8777747
if your going alone and hate being by yourself try volunteering
>>
>>8777762

There is no schedule until 5 days or less.

This is Ikkicon.
This is how they get things done.
>>
>>8778266
Last minute costume here too. Sill waiting on fabric and tried to dye some resin charms last night, with little success. I haven't finished christmas presents or started actually sewing fml.
>>
>>8778887
Good luck anon, you can do it. I'm screwed as well but maybe if we keep at it.
>>
Schedule's finally up. Merry Christmas.
>>
>>8779833
>first panel
>1.5 hours long
>sailor Moon eye makeup

Jesus Christ
>>
>>8779899
Yeah, it's pretty dismal. especially disappointed in the lack of lolita programming since Baby's a major guest.
>>
>>8779913
There's at least a baby panel.

I don't see any of jharts stuff on there, and he was even posting about his panels on social media.
>>
>>8779944
They are on there, he has one each day but they're practically the first panel of each day.
>>
>>8779899
I saw that. Really not sure what to make if it but sounds potentially lulzy.

>>8779913
Ugh, same. I'm really disappointed as well. I'm not wearing lolita on Friday but still want to attend the Baby panel and the autograph session if I'm able to.
>>
>>8779913
Not surprised. This is Ikkicon first time Lolita guest.
>>
Is there gonna be a swap meet?
>>
Will there be a swap meet?
>>
Is a swap meet happening?
>>
>>8782871
>>8782867
Sorry I screwed up, my phone wasn't loading properly.
>>
>>8782875
There's a Lolita swap meet on the 31st but since a lot of people can't make it to that I was hoping to help coordinate an additional swap meet. If you're looking for one that's not Lolita, I have no idea.
Sorry anon.
>>
>>8782875
I didn't see one but I was really hoping for a generic animu swap meet. Maybe one could be organized last minute?
>>
>>8783030
Aw man that's not my forte, anon. If you haven't already, I would suggest posting on the Ikki FB page to garner interest! Good luck.
>>
>>8782996
31st is the worst day for people coming out of town.
No, def a Lolita swap meet. But I guess we could combine both?
>>
>>8782996
Yeah I've been seeing a lot of people asking for one during the con. My friends and I are interested in it too. Is anyone else interested in helping out to host one? I'll help but I can't be the main coordinator since I'm not an austin local.
>>
>>8783148
>>8783152

I'm local but unfortunately I'm not staying at the con hotel, otherwise I would be very happy to host it. I'm perfectly fine with combining. I'll even post on the FB page if nobody else wants to. Maybe there will be an empty room we could use for a 1-2 hour block?
>>
>>8783157
I've already posted on the fb page and event haha. If you would like, maybe we'd all could work together to make it happen! T.b.h im hoping there's a room we could use. There seems to be a lot of empty gaps in the schedule too.

Speaking of, the guidebook wasn't working earlier so maybe the schedule is getting updated. It's last second but maybe we could try getting it added once we show there's enough support for it.
>>
>>8783152
anyone who is an austin local will just go to the one on the 31st though, lol.
>>
>>8784127
Lame. Seriously, no one from the local comm can step up here? There isn't anywhere to meet up during the con itself? Most hotels have a spare lounge area we could use to swap.
>>
>>8784133
Well since I am local I'm not staying in the hotel, otherwise I would gladly offer a room. Some of us are trying to coordinate something. We've messaged people who are handling the meet on the 31st to see if they know of any gaps in programming/available open rooms. Or, if you would prefer to do it an a lounge, that's fine too. I haven't seen the hotel yet so I've no idea what it looks like. I've just heard it's a pretty small space so I think trying to get a room booked might be a better option.
>>
Yo, anyone have any idea how the game room will be?
>>
>>8784133
Most every local is just staying in their own house/dorm/etc
>>
>>8785858
You must be the dumbass who keeps asking around on the IKKI page/group. You can't find shit because its going to be the same crappy setups like every past year.
>>
I'm going with a friend, is it true they changed the hotel this year?
>>
>>8786578
Yes. You'll look like a retard if you show up at Hilton because you can't bother to look at the website.
>>
>>8786638
It's at the Renaissance (sp?) right?
>>
>>8786646
look at the website lol
>>
>>8784133
Just get here on Thursday, or offer up your own fucking hotel room to do the swap meet. The people running the lolita programming already set up a swap meet and are planning and setting up and catering everything else the con is putting together.
Step up, or sit down and shut up.
>>
>>8786646
Looks like we found the retard who can't even bother to look at the thread orginal image.
>>
>>8786730
This. Don't know why everyone is demanding a swap now. It was mentioned on the meet up page that the swap was happening right after for many months now.
>>
>>8786730
I will not be arriving a day early just because your staff can't plan ahead and end up scheduling events poorly, that is not my responsibility. Is this how the Austin comm runs things at this con?

>>8786780
Personally, I'm more interested in the swap to meet lolitas. Besides the Baby stuff and Lolita 101 there isn't a chance to mingle.
>>
>>8786973
90% of the con will be locals just saying. If you can't come that's your fault for not planning ahead because everything does not revolve around you, princess.
>>
>>8786973
The swap meet was planned wayyyy ahead the con didn't announce anything though. Shit was together but getting verification from the con has been hell. Have something in your hotel room or something. A majority of people will not be staying in the hotel and are arriving Thursday.
>>
>>8786995
I know a huge influx of lolitas there are going to be out-of-towners willing to give the con a chance because of BTSSB and to avoid supporting AM. Many of these don't know how ikki is run and therefore wanted to wait until the schedule is up to see if there was a swap meet scheduled, like how it was at SJ. Plus I know other lolita locals won't be able to attend the Thursday meets since they already had New Years Eve planned with family and friends beforehand. I don't think it's a bad idea to just try and get something set up. If the effort all goes to waste, there's no harm done you know?

Fortunately it seems like a mini swap meet is in the works during the con. Maybe next year they'll keep it in mind and have it planned better.
>>
>>8786973
Anon, I don't know where you are from but Texas cons are notorious for awful planning. AM, Akon, Oni, and Ikki will never be on time for scheduling even if panelists submit their panels many months in advance. Demanding the swap meet to fit your needs and the 5 out of towners is ridiculous. Instead of being an awful twat why don't you open up your room and have a swap instead of complaining.
>>
>>8787063
Ah yes I wanna say my friends got a response back about a 30 minute meet. Very short but perhaps we can spill it out into the lobby or somebody's room. Personally I'm very glad that so many lolitas from out of town are coming. I hope the lolita programming all goes smoothly and that I'm able to meet a lot of new people!
>>
>>8787063
>>8787125
Schedule has been updated! Seems like the swap meet is 30 mins before the Baby panel but it's whatever, props to them for getting this done last second anyways!

Let's just stop being catty and be hyped for ikki now. Let's talk about the schedule, the maid panel, food, etc!
>>
>>8787465
Any good sushi places near the con?
>>
>>8787721
Youre gonna get a lot of chains in that area of Austin. I recommend Kome in central Austin about 15 min away.
>>
>>8787721
Kome is amazing, especially at lunch time. If you want top notch sushi (that isn't too far away) check out Musashino on Mopac. Expect a wait on weekends.
>>
>>8787465
>Let's just stop being catty and be hyped for ikki now.
All these Lolita bitches whining and complaining about AM and now they're invading Ikkicon and the swapmeet bullshit makes me actually miss the steampunk fuckers.
>>
>Ikkicon
>2016
>>
>>8787063
I'm an out-of-towner coming in and trust me, your con has a reputation up here too. It's still better than AM given it's not run by the shittiest folks on earth, but it's also kind of known as the snorefest party-con. I'm hoping I make more lolita friends before I end up getting drunk off cheap drinks.
>>
>>8787916
>not going to Ikkicon to get drunk off your ass
>not going so you can sit at home or go to work
>2016 and still being smoker
>>
>>8787732
>>8787841
Kome is pretty top, would also agree it's way worth the drive.
If you want mediocre sushi, but want to walk around the south congress area there's Lucky Robot. Their stuff is very americanized but tasty lol.
>>8787920
There's REAL lolita programming this year though. And the people running it are working hard, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes this year!
>>
File: salty.jpg (153 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
salty.jpg
153 KB, 500x500
>>8787898
>>
>>8788018
Nah, reread the thread, these lolis are the salty ones.
>>
Is the ramen shop Tatsu-ya any good? The guidebook has it listed nearby.
>>
Who else is up scrambling to complete cosplays?
>>
>>8788121
Yep. I can already tell Im not gonna finish entirely but gonna wear what I have finished so far anyway.
>>
>>8788122
I'm about 2/3rds done with my shit. I was in the middle of moving and put off getting started and now I'm cutting corners trying to get this BS finished.
>>
>>8788147
It's looking good but yeah you've got a good amount of work ahead of you, good luck man.
>>
>>8788121
I just finished spray painting my sword. I'm really hoping it doesn't dry sticky come tomorrow, or I'll cry.
>>
>>8788047
It's delicious. Be ready to wait in line outside though, and don't even think about trying to go in a huge group. Max of 4.
>>
>>8788121
I have maybe 2-3 hours of sewing left, a wig to style and some small accessories to finish. I think I'll make it!
>>
>>8788121
For once I can actually say I am done with everything early. Thank you not taking winter semester in college.
>>
>>8788121
Two long strips of bias tape to hand sew. I think I can get it done tomorrow, then I'm done.
>>
>>8787721
Geisha, Piranha killer, Revival Public House (although that one is half sushi), Bar Chi, Maiko, Fukumoto, and Kyoten

For all nearby
>>
>>8788200
Personally, Daruma ramen on 6th street is better and has less of a crowd, but Tatsuya is good too. Would not really recommend Michi or Fukuya though.
>>
>>8765449
>time to attack
>>
>>8788331
Are you being serious? Chicken broth? Really?
>>
>>8788530
I have a bluetooth speaker ready
>>
>>8787993
>Lucky Robot
Do the waitresses still dress in seifuku?
>>
I am excited. Made my cosplay this year by myself. Probably shit, but still fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Gonna drink a ton. Hosting my room party as always, ditching cross play this year because wearing a dress is too hard. I feel bad for Lolita peeps because makeup and wigs are suck.
>>
I'm so behind and I got so nervous I gave myself diarrhea. How's everyone elses' last minute cosplays going?
>>
Swap meet info for lolitas
Friday 3:30-4pm @ Panel Room 3
Link on fb-com-events-1713154575570926

>>8787465
Just letting you know the swap meet isn't like that anymore.
>>
Does anyone know of an LL photoshoot happening? I'm surprised I don't see one.
>>
>>8789668
Velcro is refusing to glue to my foam and it's the only way the waist pieces on my cosplay can be held shut. My head hurts and I'm ridiculously tired and I'm ready to give up and say screw it.
>>
>>8789793
sewing type craft glue with stick it to craft foam, like if you have the "Ok to Wash It" type or other similar ones
E6000 will also work but it melts some types of foam so thats kinda risky
>>
where the firecrackers at? :D
>>
>>8789775
Theres gonna be an idol meet on saturday. Some of the LL people are heading to that.
>>
>>8789946
When on Saturday?
>>
File: image.png (116 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116 KB, 750x1334
>>8789730
Swap meet now says 5-6:30? I guess it changed again.

Would it be frowned upon to bring some general jfash stuff or is this going to be strictly Lolita?
>>
>>8790014
It should be changed. I'm not sure what's going on but officially we have 3:30-4
>>
>>8790014
asked the organizer and they said Ikki staff is slow or too swamped to update the changes right now. Ikki promised 3:30 - 4 so it doesn't conflict with baby panels.
>>
This is my first time attending Ikkicon, I'm looking at the map and Im baffled by the lack of videogame room.
I think I'll stick to SJ from now on.
>>
>>8790000
If it's the event on Facebook, it should be at 4PM near the tabletop gaming area.
>>
File: image.jpg (618 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
618 KB, 3264x2448
Someone hung their fucking dakimakura in thei room window
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>8790745
Party hard
>>
>>8790751
Fucking hell man, you should have stopped for lunch when you drove through town.
>>
>>8790745
>>8790751
I can already tell this is going to be a great weekend
>>
>>8790751
So >>8790745 is you?
>>
>>8790767
Yeah and four other autists
>>
File: 1361319789647.jpg (108 KB, 400x1050) Image search: [Google]
1361319789647.jpg
108 KB, 400x1050
>>8790770
Neat.

>tfw still at work, 200 miles away
>>
>>8789916
I have some M2Ks in the car
>>
File: IMG_20151231_200456.jpg (723 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151231_200456.jpg
723 KB, 1080x1920
Lookin ugly as sin hmu
>>
>>8790825
nah you look great
>>
>>8790825
lookin qt, science grandpa
>>
>>8790825
6/10, would bone
>>
File: image.jpg (912 KB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
912 KB, 2576x1932
>>8790825
Ayy lmao from the Daki crew
>>
>>8790864
Australian gtfo
>>
What's the name of the line group.? Looking for something to do
>>
Daki crew here

We're going to play hammer janken somewhere in the common area in a couple minutes
>>
File: Snapchat-7104455713390023716.jpg (430 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7104455713390023716.jpg
430 KB, 1080x1920
>>8790904
>>
Come see me, I'm wearing the American flag on my back cause America has my back
>>
How bad were the badge lines?
>>
All these posts from the daki crew are showing up on my FB and I feel so cucked that I'm sitting at home and not at a con right now.
>>
God damn it
>>
>>8790935
HEY FUCKFACE

THE FLAG IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE WORN AS A FASHION ACCESSORY

IT'S EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL AND PISSED OFF EVERYONE I WAS WITH WHO SAW IT TONIGHT

TAKE IT OFF, ASSHOLE
>>
>>8790825
were you at ANT....?
>>
File: 1447302381364.png (306 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1447302381364.png
306 KB, 1000x800
>>8791008
would seeing a clownpiece triggger you?
>>
Happy New Years faggots

Join us for hammer janken tomorrow night after you've had a couple drinks
>>
Who's hosting a room party ? I wanna meet some of you autists.
>>
>>8791023
Nah, never been.

Anybody else fighting hangovers this morning?
>>
>>8791008
You know you're in the south when
>>
Anyone who is 21+ wanna drink with me tonight? Me and buddies wanna party. So free booze.
>>
Swap meet was 2:3-3? What happened to 3:30-4?
>>
Drinks/party? Sure dude where at
>>
File: 20160101_161841.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160101_161841.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
Nice creamy memes for /cgl/
>>
>>8791616
Daki squad is considering, where and when
>>
So low key tv and booze party room 432 at 10:30. Who is down.
>>
>>8791845

A friend and I will come. Need any extra booze?
>>
Brought my daughter along today and it was alright. She's obsessed with Miku cosplayers and was disappointed there weren't too many Miku cosplayers today.
Hopefully it's better tomorrow.
>>
>>8791845
Im down, bringing a bit of booze
>>
>>8791878
Nah we good
>>
It's so dead after merchants closes down
>>
>>8791747
Hey that's me
>>
>>8790465
There is a game room at the end of the hallway of panel rooms
>>
> Below average panels.
> Game room is rather small/lacking.
> Barely any space for people to go.
> Food locations nearby are lackluster

I give Day 1 a 6/10. The only thing I found redeeming were the people and their willingness to hang out and be good sports about it.
>>
>>8791845
You guys still up? Left my bottle
>>
I heard the DJ sucked tonight. Deets?
>>
>>8792434
It wasnt good at all, the music that was being played didn't have any omph. There were way too many moments where the whole room would just stand there waiting for a bass drop. It was whack.
>>
File: image.jpg (626 KB, 2040x3160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
626 KB, 2040x3160
>>8792091
>merchant
>>
>>8792407
Hey. Yeah you did. I would be happy to hand it back to you. :)
>>
Is any part of ikkicon free/available without registration? I really just want to check out the dealer room. I know AX has free dealer room entry after 3.
>>
>>8792724
If you want to chill out and check out cosplay you could just hang out in the lobby. The dealer room probably has the strictest badge-checkers.
>>
>>8792746
thanks for the heads up. I'll probably do that. After hearing about how things are going down hill, I was a little hesitant to buy a $45 day pass.
>>
>>8792657
Knocked on your door a bit ago with no answer. You know our room if you want to just drop it off
>>
>>8792873
I've been roaming, if you see me round lemme know. I'll be camped in the game room after 4 pm for smash so you can find me there.
>>
File: tmp_27279-IMAG03402084544108.jpg (817 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27279-IMAG03402084544108.jpg
817 KB, 2688x1520
Hey gulls here's some bssb fashion show photos from ikki
>>
File: tmp_27279-IMAG0339456007505.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27279-IMAG0339456007505.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>8793009
>>
File: tmp_27279-IMAG0338-1366208222.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27279-IMAG0338-1366208222.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>8793009
>>
>>8793020
>>8793009
>>8793020
Now I'm a little sad I couldn't get off work, but I hope everyone had a good time at the con
>>
File: tmp_27279-IMAG0337876912528.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27279-IMAG0337876912528.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>8793009
>>
Any alcoholics got booze?
Running low and need some more
>>
Anyone down for a /cgl/ meetup?
>>
Would anyone be up for drinks at my room and light conversation. Last night's crowd was fun.
>>
Same time same place?
>>
The cosplay is major boring after skits. The halftime was shit and then officials tell cringe cosplay stories no one cares about.
>>
>>8793562

Who won?
>>
>>8793732
Bob dole
>>
Mario twins were getting it down in the main floor, if anyone saw. Pretty decent dance crowd.

Sadly, that was better than anything in rave last night.
>>
Any parties with alcohol me and some friends bought some beer
>>
>>8793888
432 bring girls
>>
>>8793239
NO.
>>
Rave is live right now. Saw some dude passing out Molly's.
>>
That's what's up so are there any after parties?
>>
>>8794060
Let me know, I'll come thru. I got some beer.
>>
>>8794067
Same thing m down if theres a room number
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.