[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you agree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Would you agree?
>>
she supports people like jnig and yaya so no. not with her. people like this always target the product of issues caused elsewhere.
>>
>>8746684
Well, but she does make a point about cosplay being something that is a hobby and about fun. When you go to a halloween party you don't give a fuck if the fat guy in the ghostbusters costume is just himself in a brown overall and a soap box tied to his back because you have fun at the party. Do that on a con, and you're the target of ridicule, on the con and possibly on the internet as well. And that is even worse if you are female.
>>
>>8746665
>>8746693
Sweetie do you know where you are?
>>
>>8746693
point is that she is attacking the wrong people. also yes people do that at halloween parties, are you 5? but most people at halloween parties only dress up due to obligation. hypocrites are hypocrites regardless, and she is one.
>>
Are you her? If so(or if not) listen up. I don't care if you're in a damn wheelchair, makes no difference about how I feel about your opinions. Everything in that image is damn wrong. All it does is create a scapegoat, like everyone else who's butthurt about normalfags invading our ~super secret club~ does. Cosplayers ate cosplay from the inside, it has nothing to do with normalfags or being mainstream or anything.

Greed takes over shit, and when greedy people get famous others try to follow suit, and others come in because they think it's what cosplay is about. And that creates superficiality, which magnifies the 'bullying' which by the way is very rare. Telling someone their cosplay is bad is not bullying, telling someone they're a weeb is not bullying, calling someone out on having a poor attitude is not bullying.

I'll be the first to admit bad cosplay threads contain a lot of unfortunate people, and that's sad for some but a lot of them are cringy people with piss poor attitudes who make just as much fun of other people but then get butthurt when their shit is thrown back at them...

But I digress. Cosplay has not been corrupted by an outside source, it's just changed in a way that many aren't happy about. So instead of pointing fingers to a general idea of what caused it, point fingers at the real cause. Overly sexualized pathetic insecure women who got fake tits to get rich off of sleezy neckbeards, the sleezy neckbeards who fund them, and the dumbasses who decide to go on reality tv for their 5 seconds of fame, despite knowing the sensationalist nature of tv in general. Don't blame an 'idea of mainstream interest' blame the fucking issue. And get over yourself.
>>
Generally I like her and the fact she cosplays despite the disability.
However it's starting to pain me the constant stream of motivation posts on my newsfeed, occasionally it's fine and the feelings there, but it's starting to feel like it's nothing else. Honestly I'd just like to see more actual cosplay posts.
>>
>>8746728
no one's talking about her it's about the sentiment. if all she's doing is posting inspirational shit then she's not really helping the community...
>>
>>8746665
Hell no. It's far more acceptable to be an uggo or fatty now and cosplay than it ever was.

Having people comment that your costume is poorly made is not bullying. Calling out people desperate for efame at the expense of other cosplayers is not bullying.

I'm so tired of newbie cosplayers setting up shop as if they are the expert on the cosplay "community" and passing judgement on those who don't give them asspats for existing. Lurk more and accept concrit ffs.
>>
>>8746721

Except cosplayers weren't the ones buying jnig and yaya's prints. Weeby desperate congoers, yeah, but not cosplayers. And prints were the start of the downfall.
>>
>>8746744
>Hell no. It's far more acceptable to be an uggo or fatty now and cosplay than it ever was.

No it's not. I am ugly and I always get the stares at cons.
>>
File: 1444463919929.jpg (205 KB, 1186x1000) Image search: [Google]
1444463919929.jpg
205 KB, 1186x1000
>>8746772
>mfw I just bought a JNig print
>>
>>8746665
I'm tired of this bitch acting like she's the Mother Teresa of cosplay.

Like, if she had a model's body, she wouldn't be talking about this. Cut it tf out, Misa.
>>
>Looking like a victoria's secret model
>Cosplay is not a beauty contest
Yeah, I agree with those cheesy lines.
However, if your craftsmanship is shit I'd gladly tell you that it is, and hopefully how to fix it.
The certain sentiment of "Victoria's secret model" applies well, since overly slutty versions of a costume are overdone and hungering for cheap attention.
I wish the cosplay community would cater more to authenticity of costumes, crafts and possibly roleplaying. All of these comfort conversations are excusing people to not improve at all.
>>
>>8747347
Why would you complain about cosplay being a beauty contest if you are beautiful though?
That's like if a singer would go on stage and ask the audience why they don't listen to shitty music instead
>>
>>8747391
You just missed the point
>>
>cosplay corrupted!

Honestly the phony melodrama just makes me roll my eyes. Cosplay is a costuming hobby. That's all it will ever be. The only people who give a shit about conventionally attractive people adopting it are bitter nobodies who only have cosplay and who feel like they're getting personally attacked because they're not getting as much attention as they used to. Fucking grow up and get real jobs. This is such a non-issue.
>>
>>8747205
Fools and their money are easily parted.
>>
>>8747392
Enlighten me then, oh wise one.
>>
Honestly, I'm pretty sure you need to hang around websites that are known sources of drama to see any of that kind of attitude. I have never seen anyone display that attitude in real life.
>>
OP is mad they're fat and can't compete with Queen Nigri's titties :^)
>>
>>8747192
How about you lose weight then fatty.
>>
>>8747205
Why would you buy a print of some disgusting 3D woman when you can get many prints of beautiful 2D women at any convention en masse?
>>
>>8747632
To which cons have you been? Maybe I should go there instead
>>
>>8747661
I said I am ugly, not fat. Learn to read, bimbo
>>
>>8746721
Isn't that kinda what going mainstream entails? I mean, the more popular something becomes, the more attractive it becomes to exploit for money.

Anyways, I personally don't entirely disagree with the sentiment described in OP's image, but I do think that cosplay is a hobby with a strong visual/aesthetic component. No need to be the sexiest motherfucker out there, but your body /is/ part of the art you're making as much as our costume is and a lot - maybe most - people will factor it in when evaluating your work.
>>
>>8747700
Do you have the same expectations when going to a halloween party?
If not, please tell me why
>>
>>8747705
Kinda. I'll readily admit I have a much higher tolerance when it comes to those though since attending a Halloween party isn't really much of a hobby and doesn't have much in the way of an artistic claim (unless people force one in).
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.